California Trilogy - Going to San Francisco (Game Over!)

Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

California Trilogy - Going to San Francisco (Game Over!)

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:05 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:06 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Game Information:

This game has a loose Musician theme. It is set near San Francisco, California.

Specific knowledge is not required, but the following links may be helpful:

Wikipedia Articles: Musician, San Francisco, California
Other Pages: California Trilogy - Dantès in Fresno

Randomization was used in the creation of this setup and in the distribution of the roles. Mr. Grey Enterprises is not responsible for any side effects associated with randomization including, but not limited to, nausea, hair loss, apeirophobia, and the heebie-jeebies. If you experience any of these side effects, call the Drunk Doctor immediately.
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:08 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Rules:

Participation

All players must post at least an average of once every 48 hours for each game day (unless day lasts less than 72 hours), and must not go longer than 72 hours (within a single game day) without posting. For the purposes of this rule, posts shorter than 25 words (beyond voting/unvoting and quotes) and consecutive posts do not count (shorter and/or consecutive posts are allowed, they just don't count toward the minimum), but the "clock" on the 72 hour rule will stop during Sundays (GMT).

Players will receive strikes for failing to meet either posting requirement. For the per day average rule, a strike will be given for each post under the required average. For the 72 hour rule, a strike will be good for a 24 hour extension - further lack of posting will result in another strike.

Anyone receiving three strikes by this rule for any reason will be replaced ASAP.

If something unexpected comes up in the middle of the game, notify the moderator ASAP.

Post Content

Voting and Unvoting should be posted in bold at the bottom (end) of the post. Unambiguous misspellings will be counted as if they were correct.

Only the following tags are allowed: Bold (for votes and unvotes), Italics and Underline (for emphasis), List, Quote, and URL.

Do not quote the moderator. If claiming information from you role PM, you are allowed to state your Role Name word-for-word, but you must paraphrase your Abilities. Alignment and Win Condition is given in the sample role PM for innocents; other alignments may quote these if they determine it is to their advantage to do so.

Questions should not be directed to the moderator in the thread. If you have any question about the game, ask it by PM. If it is something that everyone needs to be aware of, the mod will make a public announcement.

Timing

The game will start with day. Day will last a maximum of 2 weeks. If no one has received a majority of votes at the end of 2 weeks, the lynch will be determined by the Condorcet method (see voting below).

Night will last a minimum of 48 hours and a maximum of 72 hours. Choices not received before the deadline will be lost. Players are encouraged to send choices early, where possible.

Voting

In addition to the normal voting/unvoting procedure, players may include a preference list with their votes. For example:

A wroteList:
Vote: G
, K, L, No Lynch, P

The example list expresses a preference to lynch G first, then K if G is not an option, then L, then no one, then P (and then anyone else that is alive, with equal preference). Unless they explicitly state otherwise, it will be assumed that all players list themselves as the last option.

If, at the end of day, no one has reached a majority of votes, all posted lists and votes will be compared to determine a Condorcet winner. Each option (all players, and no lynch) is pair-wise compared with every other option to determine the group preference between just those two options.

If a single option beats every other option in these pairings, that option is the Condorcet winner, and is lynched. If there is no Condorcet winner (or if "no lynch" is the Condorcet winner), no one is lynched.

(If that's confusing... well, hopefully it will encourage you to reach a majority.)

General Rules

1. Have fun, and don't be a jerk.
Read all the rules carefully and make sure you will be able to follow them. Unexpected things do come up, and in that case, let the moderator know as soon as possible so a replacement can be found, but if you just flake, expect to be barred from future mith games for a while.

3. No editing or deleting your posts.
4. No invisible text; no extraneous formatting tags.
5. When you're dead, you're dead. No posting in the game thread until the game is over, unless your role specifies otherwise. This includes "Bah!" posts.
6. No talking outside the thread, unless your role explicitly allows it.
7. No talking in the thread at night, even if the mod forgets to close it.
8. You are expected to read your Role PM in its entirety.
9. The moderator is always right, even when he isn't. Accept the moderator's decisions, and if you want to discuss them, take it to private messages, or do so after the game has finished.

Important: Due to issues in past games, players are asked not to speak to anyone about the game until the game is over, even after you are dead. This includes posting information on your wiki page. Thank you.

Sample Role PM
Role Name:
Innocent San Franciscan
Alignment:
Innocent
Flavor Text:
You're just a resident of San Francisco on the way home, wondering how you ended up in this situation.
Abilities:
You have no night abilities.
Win Condition:
You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one innocent is alive.
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #3 (isolation #3) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:10 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Players:

Alive and Present (3)

curiouskarmadog (Count de Morcerf, Innocent) - escaped Day 7.
destructor, replacing LoudmouthLee N2, SensFan D2 (Huey Lewis, Innocent) - escaped Day 7.
Gaspar (Randy Jones, Innocent) - escaped Day 7

Dead (18)

Sarcastro (Jim Jones, SCAPE Traitor) - killed Pre-Game, found Day 7.
jeep, replacing IH D3 (Baron Danglers, Innocent) - killed Pre-Game, found Day 7.
Thesp (Victor Conte, SCAPE) - lynched Day 6.
Xtoxm (Michael Jackson, Innocent) - killed Day 6.
MichelSableheart (Carlos Santana, Innocent) - murdered Night 5.
Rogueben (Barry Bonds, SCAPE) - murdered Night 5.
MrBuddyLee (Martie Maguire, SCAPE) - lynched Day 5.
NabakovNabakov (Robert Graysmith, Innocent) - murdered Night 4.
vollkan (Roadie, Innocent) - lynched Day 4.
Nibbler Twins (Ray Charles, Innocent) - killed Pre-game, found Day 4.
PookyTheMagicalBear (Lars Ulrich, Innocent) - murdered Night 3.
Niv (Emily Robison, SCAPE) - lynched Day 3.
Flameaxe, replacing BBMars D2 (Innocent San Franciscan, Innocent) - murdered Night 2.
OhGodMyLife (Björk, Innocent) - lynched Day 2.
FaerieLord (Natalie Maines, SCAPE) - murdered Night 1.
Machiavellian-Mafia (Gordon E. Moore, Innocent) - lynched Day 1.
Gorrad (Keith Hernandez, Innocent) - lynched in the basement Day 1.
The Reader (Innocent San Franciscan) - murdered during Pre-Game.
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #4 (isolation #4) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:35 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Bus Rider

If you're going to San Francisco,
Be sure to wear some flowers in your hair.
You're gonna meet some gentle people there...

The Greyhound to San Francisco is only sparsely populated. It is dark outside, though the sun will be rising soon. An old radio plays from the front of the bus, though the bus driver is obscured from view.

Strangely, all its passengers are dressed in costumes. Many have been attending a costume party in Fresno, but the others - like you - must just like wearing costumes. Most of the group welcome the anonymity their masks provide, so they haven't bothered to change into their normal attire. And perhaps some have something to hide.

A large music festival awaits some of them - though, no one can remember who else is performing, or even if they are expected to play or sing. Others are just headed home for a stay, returning to the city they deserted for their various paths through life.

Few, if any of you, will survive that far.

But you aren't aware of the danger, so let us not dwell on this. Sit back, and relax to the gentle vibrations of the bus as it rolls down the highway...

All across the nation, such a strange vibration,
People in motion...
There's a whole generation with a new explanation,
People in motion... people in motion...
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #5 (isolation #5) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:37 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Roles will go out in the next few hours. At that point, you may confirm your role by posting in this thread - you are encouraged, but not required, to roleplay during the pre-game.
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #6 (isolation #6) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:28 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Role PMs have been sent. Day 1 will begin in approximately 72 hours (after Marathon Day). Anyone failing to confirm by then will be replaced.
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #40 (isolation #7) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:43 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

That's everyone confirmed. The game will begin when I wake up tomorrow morning.
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #42 (isolation #8) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:28 pm

Post by Mr. Grey »

Desert Island

Last night in the street
collapsed on itself,
In fact, it broke right in two;
And I fell in
The strawberry vines
Into a pool of strawberry wine,
Strawberry wine and clouds,
Burning in the desert, surrounded in flowers...

Some of the passengers are chatting as they roll down the highway, while others try to steal a nap. It remains dark outside, though the sky is slowly - almost imperceptibly - brightening as the sun approaches the horizon.

The music on the radio begins breaking up. At first, the passengers ignore it, figuring they are nearing the boundary of the radio station's reach. But when the radio cuts off entirely, leaving an eerie, ominous silence, one of the passengers - you, in fact - speaks up.

"Hey! Driver! What happened to the music? I was enjoying that tune!"

There is no response from the front of the bus.

"Driver?"

Still nothing. You sigh and stand up, knees creaking from the stiffness of sitting in the same position for too long. Several of the other passengers give you a questioning look as you walk the aisle, but you shrug off their glances. You reach the front of the bus. You look the seat. You blink and shake your head, the emptiness not quite registering at first. And then...

"Oh, sh..."

There is smoke everywhere. The passengers scattered about the overturned bus, pull themselves to their feet, trying to make sense of what just happened, trying to figure out where to go. There are coughs, but the sound of fire obscures the direction of them. The passengers grope about in the dark mist, alone.

They see a light, up ahead. It is faint, an indistinct blob of slightly brighter smoke, but it's there, and in the direction opposite the burning bus. They walk toward it.

"Is everyone well? Oh dear, what a terrible accident."

The passengers find themselves inside - a house, and a rather large one by the looks of it. There are several hallways and staircases in view in the large foyer where they are gathered.

"I do hope you are all ok. Please, please, don't panic. You are safe, now. I know that must have been an awful ordeal. Is this everyone? The smoke was so bad, I..."

A quick count reveals that there are only 14 passengers. Someone speaks up, suggesting that this seems low.

"I see, I see. Well, there was no one else around the bus. It was difficult to see, but my assistant assures me every area both around and in the bus was checked. There were no more survivors. Oh well, I'm sure the rest have just gotten disoriented in the smoke."

"No more survivors, you say?"

"Oh, my. Yes, I suppose I did. You see, my assistant did find one - I can only assume he was of your number - who has unfortunately passed on."

He nods to his assistant, who pulls a body into the room on a sheet. The passengers look from the corpse to each other, trying to process all this, but their mysterious host carries on:

"Funny thing, though. He wasn't burned, and nothing seemed broken. He appears to have perished from a bullet to the head."

He leans in, whispering.

"I believe there may be murderers among you."

He steps back, smiling.

"Never mind, never mind, I'm sure everything will be fine. You will, of course, stay here at least until morning, yes? The bus could explode at any time, after all, and I'm afraid you've picked a bad spot to be stranded. There's not anything around these parts for miles and miles. I'll see what I can do, though. No worries."

He nods to his assistant, who removes the body from view.

"I'll leave you to recover, shall I? You may want to discuss... things. By the way, I like the costumes and masks. Very clever. I'd keep them on, if I were you. After all, we still don't know why our dearly departed has shuffled off, yet."

With that, the man turns to leave the room. One of the passengers calls after him:

"Wait! Who are you?"

"Oh, dear, that's very rude of me, my apologies. I am Mr. Grey. Do call for me if you need anything."

You, Dear Reader (Innocent San Franciscan) have been killed.

The following players are missing: curiouskarmadog, Gorrad, IH, Nibbler Twins, OhGodMyLife, Sarcastro

It is Day 1. With 14 present, it will take 8 votes to lynch before the deadline, which is two weeks from this post.
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #43 (isolation #9) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:44 pm

Post by Mr. Grey »

Please check whether or not you are among the missing before posting.

You are also reminded of the post content and participation rules for this game. Take a moment to read over them one more time.
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #50 (isolation #10) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:47 pm

Post by Mr. Grey »

Vote Count:
8 to lynch.

Niv: 1 (FaerieLord)
PookyTheMagicalBear: 1 (vollkan)
Xtoxm: 1 (MichelSableheart)

Condorcet updates will be posted with vote counts during the second week of each day.
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #75 (isolation #11) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:06 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Vote Count:
8 to lynch.

FaerieLord: 1 (Niv)
Machiavellian-Mafia: 1 (NabakovNabakov)
NabakovNabakov: 1 (Rogueben)
Niv: 1 (FaerieLord)
Rogueben: 1 (MrBuddyLee)
vollkan: 1 (Gaspar)
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #82 (isolation #12) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:46 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

You are allowed to vote for any player, regardless of their placement in your preference list. Likewise, you are free to post a preference list without voting for anyone.
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #100 (isolation #13) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:35 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Vote Count
: 8 to lynch.

Xtoxm: 3 (Machiavellian-Mafia, MichelSableheart, Niv)
Machiavellian-Mafia: 2 (NabakovNabakov, PookyTheMagicalBear)
Niv: 2 (BBMars, MrBuddyLee)
MichelSableheart: 1 (SensFan)
MrBuddyLee: 1 (Xtoxm)
SensFan: 1 (Rogueben)
vollkan: 1 (Gaspar)
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #126 (isolation #14) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:39 pm

Post by Mr. Grey »

Vote Count:
8 to lynch.

Xtoxm: 5 (Gaspar, Machiavellian-Mafia, MichelSableheart, Niv, SensFan)
Niv: 2 (BBMars, MrBuddyLee)
SensFan: 2 (NabakovNabakov, Rogueben)
Gaspar: 1 (Thesp)
Machiavellian-Mafia: 1 (PookyTheMagicalBear)
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #152 (isolation #15) » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:24 pm

Post by Mr. Grey »

Vote Count:
8 to lynch.

Xtoxm: 6 (Gaspar, Machiavellian-Mafia, MichelSableheart, MrBuddyLee, Niv, SensFan)
Niv: 1 (BBMars)
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #176 (isolation #16) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:59 pm

Post by Mr. Grey »

Vote Count:
8 to lynch.

Xtoxm: 5 (Machiavellian-Mafia, MichelSableheart, MrBuddyLee, Niv, SensFan)
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #200 (isolation #17) » Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:25 pm

Post by Mr. Grey »

Vote Count:
8 to lynch.

Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #210 (isolation #18) » Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:50 pm

Post by Mr. Grey »

Vote Count:
8 to lynch.

Niv: 3 (BBMars, FaerieLord, vollkan)

Current Condorcet Winner:
None. Current Smith Set: FaerieLord, Machiavellian-Mafia, Niv, SensFan, Xtoxm

To view the complete table of pairwise results, put this information in this form.

Important Note:
When compiling Condorcet lists, I am treating unvotes as a complete reset of the list. If you wish to retain the same (or similar) list when unvoting or changing your vote, please post another copy of the list.
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #226 (isolation #19) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:16 pm

Post by Mr. Grey »

Vote Count:
8 to lynch.

FaerieLord: 1 (Gaspar)

Niv

To view the complete table of pairwise results, put this information in this form.

Important Note:
When compiling Condorcet lists, I am treating unvotes as a complete reset of the list. If you wish to retain the same (or similar) list when unvoting or changing your vote, please post another copy of the list.
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #251 (isolation #20) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:50 pm

Post by Mr. Grey »

Vote Count:
8 to lynch.

Machiavellian-Mafia: 3 (NabakovNabakov, PookyTheMagicalBear, Rogueben)
Xtoxm: 3 (Machiavellian-Mafia, Niv, SensFan)
FaerieLord: 2 (Gaspar, MichelSableheart)
MichelSableheart: 1 (MrBuddyLee)

Niv

Important Note:
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #254 (isolation #21) » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:37 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Xtoxm has not posted (25 words or more) in 72 hours (excluding Sunday) and has received his first strike.
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #265 (isolation #22) » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:00 pm

Post by Mr. Grey »

Deadline:
72 hours from this post.

Vote Count:
8 to lynch.

Machiavellian-Mafia: 3 (NabakovNabakov, PookyTheMagicalBear, Rogueben)

Niv

Important Note:
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #277 (isolation #23) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:49 pm

Post by Mr. Grey »

Deadline:
Approximately 50 hours from this post.

Vote Count:
8 to lynch.

Machiavellian-Mafia: 5 (Gaspar, NabakovNabakov, PookyTheMagicalBear, Rogueben, Xtoxm)
FaerieLord: 1 (MichelSableheart)

None. Current Smith Set: Maciavellian-Mafia, Niv

Important Note:
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #281 (isolation #24) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:11 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

FaerieLord failed to post for 72 hours and has received his first strike.
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #291 (isolation #25) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:07 pm

Post by Mr. Grey »

Deadline:
Approximately 24 hours from this post.

Vote Count:
8 to lynch.

Machiavellian-Mafia: 3 (NabakovNabakov, PookyTheMagicalBear, Xtoxm)

Niv

Important Note:

Also note that for the purposes of this game, there is only a Condorcet winner if the Smith Set is a single player - the "Condorcet Winner" on the site linked above allows for ties in the pairwise comparisons, and thus may not actually be a true Condorcet winner.
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #300 (isolation #26) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:37 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Deadline:
Approximately 14.5 hours from this post.

Vote Count:
8 to lynch.

Machiavellian-Mafia: 3 (NabakovNabakov, PookyTheMagicalBear, Thesp)
SensFan: 2 (Rogueben, Xtoxm)

Machiavellian-Mafia

Important Note:

Also note that for the purposes of this game, there is only a Condorcet winner if the Smith Set is a single player - the "Condorcet Winner" on the site linked above allows for ties in the pairwise comparisons, and thus may not actually be a true Condorcet winner.
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #306 (isolation #27) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:01 pm

Post by Mr. Grey »

Deadline:
Approximately 2 hours from this post.

Vote Count:
8 to lynch.

FaerieLord: 3 (Gaspar, MichelSableheart, MrBuddyLee)
SensFan: 2 (Rogueben, Xtoxm)

Machiavellian-Mafia

Important Note:

Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #309 (isolation #28) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:00 pm

Post by Mr. Grey »

Final Vote Count:

FaerieLord: 4 (Gaspar, MichelSableheart, MrBuddyLee, Rogueben)
SensFan: 1 (Xtoxm)

Condorcet Winner:
Machiavellian-Mafia

Pairwise Results: 7-3, 7-4, 8-1, 6-3, 7-2, 6-3, 6-4, 7-2, 7-2, 7-5, 6-2, 6-2, 7-4, 10-1

Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #310 (isolation #29) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:00 pm

Post by Mr. Grey »

California Sunset

Let's get moving into action,
Let's get moving into action.
If your life's too slow, no satisfaction,
Find something out there, there's an attraction.
If you hesitate now, that's a subtraction,
So, let's get moving girl into action...

Mr. Grey returns to the foyer as red-orange light from the setting sun streams through the windows. The passengers have been in heated discussions throughout the day, though things seem to be winding down as the adrenaline rush of earlier excitement wears off. Exhaustion begins to set in and eyelids grow heavy. Mr. Grey listens quietly for a time, before clearing his throat. The passengers turn to look at him.

"Excuse me, I just came to tell you that I have prepared rooms for you all, but I couldn't help overhearing that you are discussing
lynching
someone? Oh, dear. Never mind, far be it from me to judge, exceptional circumstances and what not. In fact, if you're set on this course of action, I may as well point out that from the way you are talking, the preferences you have expressed, I believe that one of you is the obvious choice, as a majority prefers his death when compared to any of the rest of you."

Mr. Grey snaps his fingers, and his assistant appears.

"Fetch a length of rope, suitable for a noose. Our guests have rather gotten ahead of themselves, talking about killing without having a means to do so..."

The assistant nods and walks off.

"I don't mean to stick my nose in unwanted, of course. It just seems to be the simplest course of action, don't you agree? Now then. You can verify this for yourselves, double check and so forth, but I believe you will find that as a group you would like to be rid of the passenger traveling under the alias of Machiavellian-Mafia. Ah, here we are."

The passengers turn with Mr. Grey to see the assistant standing in the doorway, rope in hand, noose already formed. Machiavellian-Mafia lets out a shout of protest, survival instincts kicking in as it sets in for the first time that his life may truly be in danger. He runs toward the front door, but finds it locked tight, and as he turns to look for another escape he finds himself face-to-face with the assistant, who has moved across the foyer with the speed of a tiger pouncing on its prey. Machiavellian-Mafia struggles vainly as the assistant wrestles him to the floor, places the noose around his neck, and throws the rope over a ceiling beam. The passengers watch in stunned fascination and horror as the assistant tugs on the rope, pulling a choking Machiavellian-Mafia off the floor and holding him there while he dies.

When the life finally goes out of his body, the passengers are slow to regain their voices, so Mr. Grey again addresses them:

"There we are. Now that today's business is concluded, perhaps you would care to follow me? I will show you to your rooms, and dinner will be served in half an hour to anyone wishing to partake..."

Machiavellian-Mafia (Gordon E. Moore, Innocent) has been lynched. It is Night 1. Deadline for choices is 12:00 GMT Thursday.

(Extra time due to flight on Wednesday.)
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #311 (isolation #30) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:25 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Who's Counting?

"Baby's so high, that she's skying,
Yes she's flying, afraid to fall.
I'll tell you why baby's crying:
Cause she's dying, aren't we all..."

It is mid-morning, and the former-passengers-turned-guests have enjoyed a pleasant breakfast with Mr. Grey. They gather in the hall expecting to be on their way.

"Ah, yes, well, I know you were all hoping to be away from here - I hope your stay hasn't been too uncomfortable, but you have places to be I know - but unfortunately the authorities haven't been able to send anyone, and it's dreadfully difficult to find any transportation way out here. So, I was thinking to myself, I said, 'Self, why don't they just stay here another night? You enjoy the company, and it's no trouble at all.' So, that's settled, then. My apologies for not having any way to get your on your way sooner."

The guests all politely say that no such apologies are necessary, that it isn't Mr. Grey's fault, any of this, and anyway he has been an excellent host.

Mr. Grey is about to leave them to whatever discussions they feel like having, when one of them notices that they are still fourteen in number.

"Ah, yes. How silly of me. Of course I should share the news, both good and bad. Which would you prefer first? Oh, never mind, I'll just tell you the good first - two of the missing passengers have returned to us. It seems they were stuck in the basement all this time. How dreadful."

curiouskarmadog and OhGodMyLife nod, and wave to the others. There are a few handshakes, welcoming them back.

"Now then. We have found two more bodies, unfortunately. One was in the basement with the other two. They, like you, got scared by the prospect of murderers among you and took matters into their own hands. Just an innocent baseball player, unfortunately."

"The other, however, was not so innocent. A country singer, the lowest of the low, a vile pox on our society. My assistant found her strangled with a microphone cable. Good riddance, I say. Mysterious, though..."

FaerieLord (Natalie Maines, SCAPE) has been murdered.

curiouskarmadog and OhGodMyLife have returned from the basement. Gorrad (Keith Hernandez, Innocent) has been lynched in the basement.

It is Day 2. With 14 present, it will take 8 votes to lynch before the deadline, which is two weeks from this post.
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #351 (isolation #31) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:22 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Vote Count:
8 to lynch.

Thesp: 2 (Gaspar, Xtoxm)

Night scene updated.
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #376 (isolation #32) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:52 pm

Post by Mr. Grey »

Vote Count:
8 to lynch.

Thesp: 3 (Gaspar, PookyTheMagicalBear, Xtoxm)
Niv: 1 (MrBuddyLee)
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #390 (isolation #33) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:54 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

SensFan and Thesp have not posted in 72 hours (excluding Sunday) and have received their first strike.
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #401 (isolation #34) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:40 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Vote Count:
8 to lynch.

BBMars: 3 (MichelSableheart, NabakovNabakov, Rogueben)
Niv: 1 (MrBuddyLee)
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #411 (isolation #35) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:30 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

SensFan and Thesp have received their second strike.
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #425 (isolation #36) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:30 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

SensFan has failed the posting requirements, and will be replaced as soon as a replacement is found.
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #426 (isolation #37) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:33 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Vote Count:
8 to lynch.

MichelSableheart: 1 (Thesp)
OhGodMyLife: 1 (MrBuddyLee)
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #431 (isolation #38) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:17 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

LoudmouthLee replaces SensFan.
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #447 (isolation #39) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:24 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Vote Count:
8 to lynch.

BBMars

Rogueben has not posted in 72 hours and has received his first strike.
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #450 (isolation #40) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:12 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Vote Count:
8 to lynch.

BBMars

Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #480 (isolation #41) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:05 pm

Post by Mr. Grey »

Vote Count:
8 to lynch.

BBMars: 4 (MichelSableheart, NabakovNabakov, Rogueben, Xtoxm)
MrBuddyLee: 2 (Gaspar, OhGodMyLife)
PookyTheMagicalBear: 1 (Niv)
Thesp: 1 (PookyTheMagicalBear)

None. Current Smith Set: BBMars, Niv, Xtoxm

Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #526 (isolation #42) » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:38 pm

Post by Mr. Grey »

Vote Count:
8 to lynch.

BBMars: 4 (MichelSableheart, NabakovNabakov, Rogueben, Xtoxm)
MrBuddyLee: 2 (OhGodMyLife, vollkan)
OhGodMyLife: 2 (Gaspar, MrBuddyLee)

BBMars

Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #538 (isolation #43) » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:01 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Deadline:
Approximately 71 hours from this post.

Vote Count:
8 to lynch.

BBMars: 3 (MichelSableheart, NabakovNabakov, Xtoxm)
MrBuddyLee: 3 (OhGodMyLife, Thesp, vollkan)
OhGodMyLife: 3 (Gaspar, MrBuddyLee, Rogueben)

BBMars

Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #547 (isolation #44) » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:01 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

LoudmouthLee has received his first strike.
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #550 (isolation #45) » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:10 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Deadline:
Approximately 64 hours from this post.

Vote Count:
8 to lynch.

OhGodMyLife: 4 (Gaspar, MrBuddyLee, NabakovNabakov, Rogueben)
BBMars: 2 (MichelSableheart, Xtoxm)
Niv: 1 (curiouskarmadog)

BBMars

Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #569 (isolation #46) » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:44 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

PookyTheMagicalBear has not posted in 72 hours (excluding Sunday) and has received his first strike.

LoudmouthLee has received his second strike.
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #578 (isolation #47) » Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:13 pm

Post by Mr. Grey »

Deadline:
Approximately 35 hours from this post.

Vote Count:
8 to lynch.

OhGodMyLife: 5 (Gaspar, MrBuddyLee, NabakovNabakov, Rogueben, Xtoxm)
MrBuddyLee: 4 (MichelSableheart, OhGodMyLife, Thesp, vollkan)

BBMars

Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #587 (isolation #48) » Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:08 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Final Vote Count:
8 to lynch.

OhGodMyLife: 8 (Gaspar, MichelSableheart, MrBuddyLee, NabakovNabakov, Niv, PookyTheMagicalBear, Rogueben, Xtoxm)

Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #588 (isolation #49) » Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:13 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Violently Happy

"He talks of San Francisco, he's from Hunter's Bar,
I don't quite know the distance,
But I'm sure that's far...
Yeah I'm sure it's pretty far.

And yeah, I'd love to tell you all of my problem,
You're not from New York City, you're from Rotherham.
So get off the bandwagon, and put down the handbook,
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah..."

It is not even yet time for afternoon tea, but the stranded passengers in Mr. Grey's mansion have already reached a decision. The one wearing an "OhGodMyLife" nametag has been chosen for death.

"This is not my lucky week. Stuck in a basement, and then as soon as I get out everyone wants me dead. What's a girl to do?"

One of the passengers calling for her death points out suspiciously:

"That's not an Icelandic accent! Clearly, you are lying about your identity."

"It's not my fault. The author is rubbish with accents."

"Oh. Wait, what?"

Mr. Grey interrupts this potentially interesting and worldview-shattering discussion.

"Never mind that silly talk, friends. I have been told you have reached a decision? Very well."

Unlike the previous day's victim, "OhGodMyLife" makes no attempt to struggle. Mr. Grey's assistant is able to gently place the noose around her neck.

"Any last words, my dear?"

"Hmm... I'm not sure. I don't want to say anything cheesy and predictable, like 'Oh, God, my life!' for example."

"You fool! Don't you realize that by saying you don't want to say that, you have inadvertently said the very thing you wished to avoid, thus collapsing your entire statement in on itself and threatening the destroy the whole scene - nay, the fabric of space-time! The end is nigh!"

Mr. Grey stares at the strange bearded man standing in the door who has made this impassioned speech, then at his assistant.

"What have I told you about opening the door for the crazies?"

After the lynching, Mr. Grey offers his guests tea in the garden. The mosquitoes are particularly annoying this time of year, so he has his assistant light up some of those smelly candles that don't do much to fight off the mosquitoes.

The stress of killing behind them, the guests relax and make pleasant - if forgettable - conversation until the sun sets.

OhGodMyLife (Björk, Innocent) has been lynched. It is Night 2. Deadline for choices is 14:00 GMT Saturday.
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #589 (isolation #50) » Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:27 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Flameaxe replaces BBMars.
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #590 (isolation #51) » Thu May 01, 2008 3:15 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

destructor replaces LoudmouthLee.
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #591 (isolation #52) » Sat May 03, 2008 3:45 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Ordinary Morning

"In the middle of the summer
I'm not sleeping,
Cold wind blowing.
In the middle of the night they
Try to find me but I'm still driving.

Lay some flowers on the grave stone.
There's music on the station but I'm just listening to cold wind whistling..."

Mr. Grey's guests awake at dawn. Fatty sausages and bacon fry away in the kitchen, and the smell carries throughout the house. The semi-conscious guests wander toward the smell, and by the time they are fully aware of their surroundings they are all - well, almost all - gathered around the large dining room table, stuffing their faces.

Mr. Grey's assistant shuffles in and out with piping hot plates of food and trays of fruits and breads, while Mr. Grey himself performs his duties as a host, checking on the comforts of each of the guests in turn.

Strangely, he avoids answering certain questions. For example, one conversation goes something like this:

"And good morning to you!"

"Good morning, Mr. Grey..."

"Did you sleep well?"

"Like a rock. Say, I was wondering, has there been any word about transpor..."

"You know, I always find the thrills of a life-or-death struggle - whether physical exertion is involved or no - is just the thing for a good night's sleep."

"tation... erm. Well, yes, I suppose. Are you then a frequent participant in such life-or-death situations?"

"Ah, the stories I could tell. But enough about me. Do let us know if there is anything we can do to make your stay more comfortable."

"About that, though, just how long will..."

But the befuddled guest trails off as Mr. Grey's attention is drawn away:

"I thought I heard..."

And when Mr. Grey returns from his distraction he moves on to his next guest. The previous guest considers making an issue of it, but doesn't want to be a bother. After all, Mr. Grey has been such an excellent host. And so it is that the guests find themselves once again gathered, Mr. Grey having left them with a corpse and their discussions (life-or-death thrills, indeed) to retreat to the privacy of his study, without having made any progress on the subject of getting on their way.

Flameaxe (Innocent San Franciscan, Innocent) has been murdered.

It is Day 3. With 12 present, it will take 7 votes to lynch before the deadline, which is two weeks from this post.
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #628 (isolation #53) » Mon May 05, 2008 1:40 pm

Post by Mr. Grey »

Vote Count:
7 to lynch.

MichelSableheart: 2 (Thesp, Xtoxm)
MrBuddyLee: 1 (Gaspar)
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #651 (isolation #54) » Wed May 07, 2008 12:15 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Vote Count:
7 to lynch.

MichelSableheart: 2 (Gaspar, Thesp)
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #675 (isolation #55) » Thu May 08, 2008 6:23 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Vote Count:
7 to lynch.

vollkan: 1 (Xtoxm)
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #697 (isolation #56) » Sat May 10, 2008 8:19 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Vote Count:
7 to lynch.

MichelSableheart

Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #701 (isolation #57) » Sat May 10, 2008 10:36 pm

Post by Mr. Grey »

Vote Count:
7 to lynch.

MichelSableheart

Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #740 (isolation #58) » Tue May 13, 2008 10:54 pm

Post by Mr. Grey »

PookyTheMagicalBear has not posted in 72 hours (excluding Sunday) and has received his second strike.
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #745 (isolation #59) » Wed May 14, 2008 4:59 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Deadline:
Approximately 72 hours from this post.

Vote Count:
7 to lynch.

MichelSableheart: 3 (Gaspar, Niv, Thesp)
Niv: 2 (curiouskarmadog, Rogueben)
MrBuddyLee: 1 (MichelSableheart)

None. Current Smith Set: curiouskarmadog, destructor, Gaspar, MichelSableheart, MrBuddyLee, NabakovNabakov, Niv, PookyTheMagicalBear, Rogueben, Thesp, vollkan, Xtoxm

Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #748 (isolation #60) » Wed May 14, 2008 8:00 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

The morning scene has been added. Apologies for the delay.
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #750 (isolation #61) » Wed May 14, 2008 8:22 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Deadline:
Approximately 68.5 hours from this post.

Vote Count:
7 to lynch.

MichelSableheart: 3 (Gaspar, Niv, Thesp)

None. Current Smith Set: curiouskarmadog, destructor, Gaspar, MichelSableheart, MrBuddyLee, NabakovNabakov, Niv, PookyTheMagicalBear, Rogueben, Thesp, vollkan, Xtoxm

Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #775 (isolation #62) » Thu May 15, 2008 10:13 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Deadline:
Approximately 43 hours from this post.

Vote Count:
7 to lynch.

MichelSableheart: 2 (Niv, Thesp)
MrBuddyLee: 2 (Gaspar, MichelSableheart)

Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #788 (isolation #63) » Fri May 16, 2008 11:36 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Deadline:
Approximately 17.5 hours from this post.

Vote Count:
7 to lynch.

Niv: 4 (curiouskarmadog, NabakovNabakov, Rogueben, Xtoxm)
MrBuddyLee: 3 (Gaspar, MichelSableheart, Niv)

Niv

Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #804 (isolation #64) » Sat May 17, 2008 12:57 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Deadline:
Approximately 4 hours from this post.

Vote Count:
7 to lynch.

Niv: 5 (curiouskarmadog, NabakovNabakov, Rogueben, Thesp, Xtoxm)
MrBuddyLee: 4 (Gaspar, MichelSableheart, Niv, PookyTheMagicalBear)
Gaspar: 1 (MrBuddyLee)

Niv

Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #814 (isolation #65) » Sat May 17, 2008 5:09 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Final Vote Count:
7 to lynch.

Niv: 5 (curiouskarmadog, NabakovNabakov, Rogueben, Thesp, Xtoxm)
MrBuddyLee: 4 (Gaspar, MichelSableheart, Niv, PookyTheMagicalBear)

Condorcet Winner:
Niv

Pairwise Results: 6-2, 7-2, 7-3, 6-3, 6-4, 6-2, 5-2, 4-3, 5-3, 7-2, 4-2, 7-1

Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #815 (isolation #66) » Sat May 17, 2008 5:11 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Have Mercy

"Are you ever coming clean?
Or will I never know the meaning
Of the lines you scribbled out
So that I couldn’t read between?
Are you ever coming home?
Or should I learn to do without you?"

"Please... no... don't kill me..."

Red-orange light compliments the violent mood of the passengers. They agree that, lacking a clear majority of votes, Niv is the one to die. They back Niv into a corner, attempting to restrain their victim for Mr. Grey and his assistant to deal with.

"Don't... think of my husband, please..."

"Your husband? You said you were Robin Williams!"

Niv blinks uncertainly, realizing she has slipped up.

"Well... but... that's
legal
in California now!"

Unimpressed by this, the others again approach, their resolve now bolstered by the deception. Niv hears voices coming from down the corridor, Mr. Grey and his assistant, and knows that her time among the living is coming to an end...

Niv (Emily Robison, SCAPE) has been lynched. It is Night 3. Deadline for choices is 11:00 GMT Wednesday.
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #816 (isolation #67) » Wed May 21, 2008 12:52 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Creeping Death

"Well I'm goin' away now baby, and I won't be back until fall.
Goin' away, baby. Lord, I won't be back till fall.
If I don't come back by then, Lord, I won't be back at all."

The "guests" are gathered once again for breakfast. It's now the fourth day they've been stuck here, and it is on the tip of each one's tongue to ask Mr. Grey what the insert-word-here is going on, but they all hold back - perhaps getting the impression such talk is futile, perhaps expecting one of the others to bring it up.

Mr. Grey, for his part, seems oblivious to their situation. His friendly (if non-descript) face is all smiles. He genuinely appears to be enjoying the company, and talks to the guests as if it is the most natural thing in the world for them to be staying in his home indefinitely.

His assistant approaches, standing behind him and clearing his throat to politely grab Mr. Grey's attention. Mr. Grey turns, and the assistant leans in, whispering.

"Oh, my. Yes, I see. Dear friends, it seems we have a new development. As I'm sure you've noticed, one of your number is once again missing. Murdered, apparently. Shocking under normal circumstances, but normal these circumstances are not, and so I apologize for brushing this incident off as run-of-the-mill."

"However, in addition to PookyTheMagicalBear's body, we have discovered another corpse today. He was found in the freezer, so it's hard to say how long he has been dead, or where he has been all this time for that matter. Very curious indeed."

He turns back to his assistant.

"Do be a good fellow and clear up the bodies. And while you're at it, I believe I've left the Mercedes in front of the house, would you move it around to the garage?"

One of the guests is a bit quicker to overcome the shock of this additional request, and sputters:

"The... Mercedes? You have a
car
?"

"But of course I have a car. I am no troglodyte. I have business to attend to."

"What?? But... you've... why are we still here?!"

"Because, my friends: I am not finished with you, yet."

PookyTheMagicalBear (Lars Ulrich, Innocent) has been murdered.

The body of Nibbler Twins (Ray Charles, Innocent) has been found.

It is Day 4. With 10 present, it will take 6 votes to lynch before the deadline, which is two weeks from this post.
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #843 (isolation #68) » Fri May 23, 2008 8:32 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

The morning scene has been added. Apologies again for the delay.
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #851 (isolation #69) » Sat May 24, 2008 1:56 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Vote Count:
6 to lynch.

NabakovNabakov: 1 (Gaspar)
Rogueben: 1 (MichelSableheart)
vollkan: 1 (Thesp)
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #879 (isolation #70) » Sun May 25, 2008 5:49 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Vote Count:
6 to lynch.

Gaspar: 2 (curiouskarmadog, MrBuddyLee)
vollkan: 2 (Thesp, Xtoxm)
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #900 (isolation #71) » Tue May 27, 2008 2:10 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Vote Count:
6 to lynch.

MrBuddyLee: 1 (vollkan)
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #927 (isolation #72) » Wed May 28, 2008 7:52 pm

Post by Mr. Grey »

Vote Count:
6 to lynch.

MrBuddyLee: 2 (Gaspar, vollkan)

None. Current Smith Set: curiouskarmadog, destructor, Gaspar, MichelSableheart, MrBuddyLee, NabakovNabakov, Rogueben, Thesp, vollkan, Xtoxm

Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #940 (isolation #73) » Thu May 29, 2008 10:12 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Rogueben and Xtoxm have not posted in 72 hours and have received their second strike.
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #977 (isolation #74) » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:29 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Deadline:
Approximately 65.5 hours from this post.

Vote Count:
6 to lynch.

MrBuddyLee: 2 (MichelSableheart, vollkan)
NabakovNabakov: 2 (destructor, Gaspar)
Xtoxm: 1 (curiouskarmadog)

vollkan

Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #992 (isolation #75) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:48 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Deadline:

Vote Count:
6 to lynch.

NabakovNabakov: 3 (destructor, Gaspar, Rogueben)

None. Current Smith Set: curiouskarmadog, destructor, Gaspar, MichelSableheart, MrBuddyLee, NabakovNabakov, Rogueben, Thesp, vollkan, Xtoxm

Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #993 (isolation #76) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:48 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

destructor has not posted for 72 hours, and has received his first strike.
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #1001 (isolation #77) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:08 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Deadline:
Approximately 20 hours from this post.

Vote Count:
6 to lynch.

NabakovNabakov: 3 (destructor, Gaspar, Rogueben)
vollkan: 3 (curiouskarmadog, Thesp, Xtoxm)

vollkan

Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #1011 (isolation #78) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:04 pm

Post by Mr. Grey »

Deadline:
Approximately 4 hours from this post.

Vote Count:
6 to lynch.

vollkan: 5 (curiouskarmadog, Gaspar, MichelSableheart, Thesp, Xtoxm)
NabakovNabakov: 2 (destructor, Rogueben)

vollkan

Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #1022 (isolation #79) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:11 pm

Post by Mr. Grey »

Final Vote Count:
6 to lynch.

vollkan: 6 (curiouskarmadog, Gaspar, MichelSableheart, MrBuddyLee, Thesp, Xtoxm)

NabakovNabakov: 2 (destructor, Rogueben)

Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #1023 (isolation #80) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:12 pm

Post by Mr. Grey »

Minimum Wage

"Headed out to San Francisco, definitely not L.A.
Didn't mention your name, didn't mention your name..."

It's been a long day. The scene this morning still lingers in the minds of the remaining stranded former bus passengers: Mr. Grey revealing that their situation is not entirely out of his control, as they had been previously led to believe.

Angry words were said. Of course. But in a flash Mr. Grey and his assistant were gone, back to the safety of Mr. Grey's study, isolated once more from the angry guests. Not that there was much to be done, of course. What were they to do? Kill him? Hard to believe that such an obviously wrong, immoral,
illegal
option came to mind so quickly to them, now, after only a few short days. But no... Mr. Grey had answers.

And, frankly, that assistant of his looked like more than a match even for the ten of them.

And now the light is changing hue again, and a decision has been reached. "vollkan" stands before them, noose already in place. He is sweating. It's not just that he is about to die; there is summer sweat, too, the sweat of heat too overwhelming for even the air conditioning of Mr. Grey's house to fully fight off. But the imminent death is surely a contributing factor.

The guests don't notice Mr. Grey quietly entering the room to watch and listen to the same thing they are so intent on - vollkan's final words.

"Typical. You're all the same. I've probably even worked with some of you before. You wouldn't remember, even if you could see my face now. You don't remember my name. Probably never knew it, in one ear, out the other, nothing to catch it in between. Ok, I get it. Mind on other things. The music. But the fame got to you. What's an insignificant... well. Never mind. It doesn't matter now. You've made your decision. I knew this day would come. I had hopes, even after people started dying... but no. I was always the guy in the red shirt. The guy with the name no one remembers. I'm not sure I even remember it, now. So go ahead. Do it. I don't need this. All I ever wanted was the music. And I'll always..."

He is cut off as one of the others kicks the stand out from under him.

"Man, what a lame death speech. I had to shut the guy up, yeah?"

The others shrug.

"It's not easy, is it."

The guests jump at the sound of Mr. Grey's voice. One of them rushes at him immediately, but he holds up a hand and they... well, just stop.

"That's far enough. You're not very good at this, are you. Three innocents you've lynched already. It's not easy, telling the good ones from the bad."

"Is that what this is all about? Some sort of game to teach us a lesson about good and evil?"

Mr. Grey considers this as though it is an entirely new idea.

"Perhaps. Yes, that may be part of it. Though only part."

Another of the guests is about to say something - something rash, perhaps - but Mr. Grey holds up a finger. They look at him, confused, until one by one they hear it, as he smiles.

The crickets are chirping outside the house.

vollkan (Roadie, Innocent) has been lynched. It is Night 4. Deadline for choices is 11:00 GMT Saturday.
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #1024 (isolation #81) » Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:21 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Blowing Away

"Sittin' in the mornin' sun,
I'll be sittin' when the evenin' come.
Watching the ships roll in
And then I watch 'em roll away again, yeah.

I'm sittin' on the dock of the bay,
Watching the tide roll away.
Ooo, I'm just sittin' on the dock of the bay
Wastin' time..."

It's dark, still. The guests are soundly sleeping - somewhat surprising, given their predicament, but some part of them has given up figuring this mess out, and has decided to passively wait until Mr. Grey deigns to let them leave. That, or it could be the drugs that were slipped in their drinks the previous evening.

Either way, the loud, persistent voice wakes them, dragging them slowly from their dreamless sleep.

"So sorry to wake you in the middle of the night, but... oh, this Mr. Grey, by the way, though I suppose you've already figured that out. Anyway. My collection of pet
Vespa mandarinia
has been... breached. Hard to say how many escaped. I wouldn't worry too much. The air ducts in this place are a maze. Still, if you see or hear anything... buzzing, for instance..."

Dawn arrives. The guests gather in the hall. None of them have slept a wink since Mr. Grey's announcement. Mr. Grey, on the other hand, seems quite well-rested. Perky, even. He smiles at them as he enters the room.

"Good morning, friends. Oh, dear, you all look quite tired. I hope I didn't frighten too terribly with the false alarm last night..."

He trails off as they react to the phrase "false alarm".

"Oh... you mean you didn't hear my second message? Sigh. Intercom must be on the fritz again. So sorry. Well then. On with business..."

Mr. Grey's assistant enters, wheeling in yet another body. The guests are too sleepy to react. The rub their eyes, nod in acknowledgement of the latest death, and wearily resume their discussions.

NabakovNabakov (Robert Graysmith, Innocent) has been murdered.

It is Day 5. With 8 present, it will take 5 votes to lynch before the deadline, which is two weeks from this post.
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #1050 (isolation #82) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:07 pm

Post by Mr. Grey »

Vote Count:
5 to lynch.

destructor: 1 (Xtoxm)
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #1055 (isolation #83) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:03 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Rogueben has let me know he's having access issues. Hopefully they will be resolved soon. I'll see if I can line up a replacement in case it takes longer than expected, but given the unusual out-of-his-control circumstances I'll be a bit lenient for a couple days at least.

Xtoxm will be away from the 15th-20th. I am trying to find a tempoary replacement.
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #1086 (isolation #84) » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:22 pm

Post by Mr. Grey »

Vote Count:
5 to lynch.

MrBuddyLee: 4 (Gaspar, MichelSableheart, Thesp, Xtoxm)
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #1097 (isolation #85) » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:21 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

MeMe will be filling in for Xtoxm while he is gone.
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #1100 (isolation #86) » Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:23 pm

Post by Mr. Grey »

Vote Count:
5 to lynch.

MrBuddyLee: 4 (Gaspar, MichelSableheart, Thesp, Xtoxm/MeMe)

MrBuddyLee

Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #1129 (isolation #87) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:47 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Vote Count:
5 to lynch.

MrBuddyLee: 3 (MichelSableheart, Thesp, Xtoxm/MeMe)
MichelSableheart: 1 (Rogueben)
Rogueben: 1 (Gaspar)
Thesp: 1 (curiouskarmadog)

MrBuddyLee

Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #1135 (isolation #88) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:45 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Deadline:
Approximately 64 hours from this post.
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #1154 (isolation #89) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:59 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Deadline:

Vote Count:
5 to lynch.

MrBuddyLee: 3 (MichelSableheart, Thesp, Xtoxm/MeMe)
Thesp: 2 (curiouskarmadog, destructor)
MichelSableheart: 1 (Rogueben)

MrBuddyLee

Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #1155 (isolation #90) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:01 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

MrBuddyLee has not posted in 72 hours and has received his first strike.
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #1163 (isolation #91) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:49 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Deadline:
Approximately 16 hours from this post.

Vote Count:
5 to lynch.

MichelSableheart: 2 (MrBuddyLee, Rogueben)
MrBuddyLee: 2 (MichelSableheart, Thesp)
Thesp: 1 (destructor)

MrBuddyLee

Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #1175 (isolation #92) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:43 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Deadline:
Approximately 13.5 hours from this post.

Vote Count:
5 to lynch.

MrBuddyLee: 3 (curiouskarmadog, MichelSableheart, Thesp)
MichelSableheart: 2 (MrBuddyLee, Rogueben)
Thesp: 1 (destructor)

MrBuddyLee

Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #1180 (isolation #93) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:08 pm

Post by Mr. Grey »

Final Vote Count:
5 to lynch.

MrBuddyLee: 5 (curiouskarmadog, MichelSableheart, Rogueben, Thesp, Xtoxm/MeMe)

Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #1181 (isolation #94) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:10 pm

Post by Mr. Grey »

Silent House

"Lonely as a cloud
In the Golden State
'The coldest winter that I ever saw
Was the summer that I spent...'"

Evening approaches again, and the remaining guests have reached a consensus. Much to everyone's chagrin (except for "MrBuddyLee", of course), they can't see any means to take another life - the rope is missing. In its place, however, is a bell. Curiosity eventually wins out, and they ring it.

Three large dogs bound into the room, slobbering all over the floor and looking for food. Not finding any, they sniff around the room until Mr. Grey enters behind them.

"Rather cruel, isn't it? Ringing the bell, and you've nothing for them to eat. Well then. MrBuddyLee... interesting pseudonym you have there. Not your true name, of course. And it's not Delf, either. Or Delp. You've certainly brought your alibis to the party, haven't you."

As Mr. Grey speaks, the dogs seem to hone in on the target of his voice. They approach closer, still sniffing, their lips starting to curl up to bare sharp, pointy teeth.

"And then you claim to be a serial killer? Another lie, closer, admitting you are evil, but the truth is far worse..."

The dogs growl menacingly.

"You, my dear... are another one of those blasted country singers."

He points, and the dogs pounce, as "MrBuddyLee" shrieks.

MrBuddyLee (Martie Maguire, SCAPE) has been lynched. It is Night 5. Deadline for choices is 12:00 GMT Tuesday.
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #1182 (isolation #95) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:53 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Evil Ways

"It's sad, oh, there's been mornings out on the road,
Without you, without your charms
Ohh, my, my, my..."

"Good morning, friends. I have good news, and I have bad news, and..."

"We want to hear the bad news first."

"Actually, that's not what I was going to ask. Would you prefer to hear the news from me, or from my assistant?"

The guests are intrigued by this, as they haven't heard the assistant speak. They might also suspect this is a ploy to allow the narrator to write something silly, but if any of them have broken the fourth wall in their minds, they aren't sharing it with the rest of the group.

"He's a bit shy. Has trouble thinking of words sometimes. He'll get stuck looking for a noun, or an adverb, or whatever, and then suddenly a word will pop out as if being spoken by another voice. I think he might be crazy. And I think the other voice is female. But never mind. Here we go..."

"Good...
blood
, everyone. I have bad news and good
shoe
, to give you
sillily
. MichelSableheart was found murdered. He choked to death on a
sanitary
poulet
. Also, Rogueben was found
fluffy
. And dead. I'm a
Virgo
, and I like
standing under the mistletoe
. Mr. Grey wants me to
dance with
the bodies later.
Eleven
times."

"That's not what I said! Really, you've got to get that whole speaking thing sorted out. I think that's enough out of you. You've got plenty of work to do. Polish the mirrors on the ceiling, and makes sure you vacuum the master's chambers. There's a good lad. Well, then, I will leave you to it. Only a quarter of the original group left here, now. Sad, but exciting somehow, no?"

MichelSableheart (Carlos Santana, Innocent) and Rogueben (Barry Bonds, SCAPE) have been murdered. It is Day 6. With 5 present, it will take 3 votes to lynch before the deadline, which is two weeks from this post.
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #1236 (isolation #96) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:59 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Gaspar has not posted in 72 hours (excluding Sunday), and has received his first strike.
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #1265 (isolation #97) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:40 pm

Post by Mr. Grey »

Beat It

"This is no one night stand,
It's a real occasion.
Close your eyes and you'll be there..."

"What do you mean, 'Kill: Xtoxm'?"

"I want to kill him."

"But... you can't!"

"Why not?"

"Because... that's just not how things are done here! We lynch someone, and then we go to bed. You just can't kill..."

"But why?"

"That's just the way things work. You think I want to go to bed every night wondering if I'm going to wake up?"

"Well... let's see about that."

Thesp folds his arms across his chest, closes his eyes, and waits. There is silence for a few moments. Then Xtoxm suddenly keels over dead.

"See?"

"Huh."

Xtoxm (Michael Jackson, Innocent) has been killed. It is still Day 6.
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #1266 (isolation #98) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:42 pm

Post by Mr. Grey »

Vote Count:
3 to lynch.

Thesp: 1 (Gaspar)

None. Current Smith Set: curiouskarmadog, destructor, Gaspar, Thesp, No Lynch

Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #1292 (isolation #99) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:50 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Vote Count:
3 to lynch.

Thesp: 2 (curiouskarmadog, Gaspar)

Thesp

Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #1343 (isolation #100) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:14 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Vote Count:
3 to lynch.

Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #1356 (isolation #101) » Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:17 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Vote Count:
3 to lynch.

No Lynch: 1 (Thesp)

Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #1361 (isolation #102) » Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:14 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Vote Count:
3 to lynch.

Thesp

Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #1363 (isolation #103) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:14 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

The midday scene has been added for your reading pleasure.
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #1367 (isolation #104) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:59 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Deadline:
Approximately 72 hours from this post.
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #1376 (isolation #105) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:50 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Final Vote Count:

Condorcet Winner:
Thesp

Pairwise Results: 2-1, 3-1, 2-1, 2-1

Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #1377 (isolation #106) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:40 pm

Post by Mr. Grey »

Love Bug

"I left my heart in San Francisco.
High on a hill, it calls to me,
To be where little cable cars climb halfway to the stars.
The morning fog may chill the air, I don't care..."

"You know, I just realized something."

The four remaining passengers from the crash of Bus 815 sit around the body of Michael Jackson waiting for Mr. Grey and/or his assistant to return. They've been sitting here in the dark for hours, bored, sipping pink champagne (where did that come from?), seeming to recall something about a lack of internet access... but why should that be relevant to Mr. Grey's lack of arrival here? So much has happened in the past six days that they just take it in stride and don't think much about it.

"What's that?"

"There were an awful lot of musicians on that bus."

"Oh, are you claiming to be a musician now, too?"

"I played bass, back in the day. Walking Fish, they called me."

The man the others have come to call Thesp nods sadly. Soon, he won't be able to play bass any longer. The others have kinda sorta decided to kill him. They're acting rather... what's the word? Ambivalent? Nonchalant? Whatever. It doesn't matter, anyway. There's nowhere to run. And eventually Mr. Grey and that scary assistant of his will return and that will be that.

"Walking Fish? What a silly name."

"Yeah."

"I'd suggest killing you for that if we weren't already."

"You could still change your mind."

"No, they can't."

The guests turn as Mr. Grey finally enters the room.

"So sorry for the delay. You know how it is. Never a dull moment. Anyhow, no time for pleasantries. You..."

He points to Thesp.

"...need to die."

He snaps his fingers, and a hole opens in the floor. There is no cartoonish moment of Thesp floating in the empty space above the hole. There is only falling, and falling, and a distant splat.

"He was who he claimed to be. And now... sleep."

Thesp (Victor Conte, SCAPE) has been lynched. It is Night 6. Deadline for choices is 12:00 GMT Sunday.
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #1378 (isolation #107) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:07 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Golden Gate

"..."

curiouskarmadog, destructor, and Gaspar walk into a pub. Wait, no, wrong story.

curiouskarmadog, destructor, and Gaspar are sitting around an old radio, messing with the dial. All three are surprised to still be alive.

"..."

Last night is a blur. One minute, Mr. Grey was there talking to them, and the next... well, it's as if with a snap of his fingers he put them all to sleep. They woke half an hour earlier as the sun hit just the right elevation to reflect off the polished metal lining the window panes right into their eyes. Whatever caused their slumber doesn't seem to have any lingering ill effects.

"...back..."

"There, go back. You almost had it."

"Had what?"

"That song. You don't hear that song?"

"...Relax... ...receive..."

"What the frak is that?"

One of them starts to fiddle with the dial some more, but they are interrupted by the door flying open. They turn expecting to see Mr. Grey, but instead...

"You two!"

"Hello."

Sarcastro and IH (who looks... different) - the two missing passengers - are standing in the doorway. The three around the radio jump up, unsure whether to cheer, run away, or go crazy.

"Where have you been??"

Sarcastro has a glazed look in his eyes. He ignores the question and instead says:

"There must be some way out of here."

He blinks, and shakes his head.

"No. That's not right."

IH... or... someone wearing an IH suit snaps a finger and the radio suddenly comes on:

"...you can check out any time you like, but you can never leave!"

"What the... what's going on here? You two look... different somehow. Almost..."

Something clicks.

"Oh my..."

"Yes. It's true. We're Cylons. And we have been from the start."

"Dead. Not Cylons."

"Dead. Right. Whatever."

And with this, both collapse. As the life leaves them, their bodies rapidly deteriorate. The flesh, long dead, now snaps back like a broken rubber band into its natural, rotted state.

Mr. Grey's assistant enters.

"You probably have a few questions."

"Yes!"

"Ok. As you may have just figured out, three of the passengers on your bus were already dead, well before the killing here started. One body was possessed by an evil spirit, but the other two were looking out for you."

"And SCAPE?"

"Finished. You've thwarted their evil plan to addict children to performance-enhancing drugs through suggestive country tunes. It would have worked, if not for you pesky kids."

"And the Zodiac Killer?"

"Yeah. The Zodiac Killer was just a red herring?"

"Not quite."

He grins a little too widely and pulls out a long, sharp, flawless knife and holds it over his head maniacally. Then he relaxes.

"Good pose, right? Don't worry. None of you are of any use. Just a couple more signs, though, and I'll be able to carry out my ritual. A few carvings into the bodies, and chant or two, some fresh ox blood, and I'll be riding Hale-Bopp before..."

"Hale-Bopp? Wasn't that the comet from the late '90s?"

"Yeah?"

"The one that won't return until the 44th century?"

"The... wait, what? You mean I... it..."

The assistant crumples into a heap on the floor and starts sobbing loudly. Mr. Grey enters behind him.

"Ah. He was bound to find out sooner or later. Now then. I believe that settles that. Your limo is waiting just outside. Have a pleasant journey, and enjoy your stay in San Francisco."

"But what about the ghosts? And the killings? And why did you keep us here? And..."

"So many questions, so little inclination to answer. Bye bye, now..."

The bewildered survivors stumble outside, to freedom.

Meanwhile, in another plane of existence...

IT IS TIME TO SAY GOODBYE. I WOULD TELL YOU ALL HOW MUCH I WILL MISS YOU, BUT I LACK THE BIOLOGICAL TOOLS TO ALLOW EITHER SUCH EMOTION OR THE ABILITY TO LIE ABOUT THE LACK THEREOF. SO...

There is something like the "pop" of a bubble bursting, and 15 souls are freed from the Hotel California's metaphysical trap. Some move on to happy places. The dopers and the country-singing dopes go elsewhere, while an unfulfilled roadie tags along behind them.

All is quiet in Mr. Grey's house. And on the seventh day, he rests.

The ghosts of the Hotel California have moved on to the afterlife. Click here for their story.

curiouskarmadog (Count de Morcerf), destructor (Huey Lewis), Gaspar (Randy Jones), and (all but one of) the Innocents win!
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #1379 (isolation #108) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:08 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Mr. Grey will return in...

"California Trilogy III: City of Angels"

Coming in
Autumn 2008
Spring 2009!
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #1380 (isolation #109) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:11 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Roles, Mechanics, etc.

Spreadsheet with Votes and Night Choices

Sample Role PM:

Sample Role PM
Role Name:
Innocent San Franciscan
Alignment:
Innocent
Flavor Text:
You're just a resident of San Francisco on the way home, wondering how you ended up in this situation.
Abilities:
Win Condition:
You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one innocent is alive.

The SCAPE Mafia:

Role Name:
Victor Conte
Alignment:
The SCAPE (Steroids, Children, and Profit! Enterprises) Mafia
Flavor Text:
You escaped Mr. Grey's house, and now you can resume business as usual. You and your business associate, Barry Bonds, have teamed up with the Dixie Chicks to push your wonderful drugs on the unsuspecting public - starting with those oh-so-impressionable children. You're ready to get to San Francisco and off this bus, though. Something about it is making you nervous...
Group:
Victor Conte (Thesp), Barry Bonds (Rogueben), Emily Robison (Niv), Martie Maguire (MrBuddyLee), Natalie Maines (FaerieLord). You may talk to each other by PM at night. Each night, you may send one Mafia member to make a kill attempt on another player (you must specify who is making the kill). However, you may only do this twice during the game. As a group, you also have a one-shot ability to kill during the day. One of you may use this ability by posting
Kill: XXXX
. This ability can only be used before the lynch for the day is determined.
Safe Claim:
You have determined that Robin Williams is not on the bus.
Secret Word:
Your secret word is:
Win Condition:
You win if at least one SCAPE member is alive, and everyone else is dead (or if nothing can prevent this from happening).

Role Name:
Barry Bonds
Alignment:
Flavor Text:
Victor Conte is out of jail, with a new plan. Everyone dislikes you anyway, and if
everyone
is addicted to steroids it will be harder for them to judge you, so you're on board with his plan. You're on the way to San Francisco to put the first phase in motion.
Group:
Victor Conte (Thesp), Barry Bonds (Rogueben), Emily Robison (Niv), Martie Maguire (MrBuddyLee), Natalie Maines (FaerieLord). You may talk to each other by PM at night. Each night, you may send one Mafia member to make a kill attempt on another player (you must specify who is making the kill). However, you may only do this twice during the game. As a group, you also have a one-shot ability to kill during the day. One of you may use this ability by posting
Safe Claim:
Secret Word:
Your secret word is:
find
Win Condition:
You win if at least one SCAPE member is alive, and everyone else is dead (or if nothing can prevent this from happening).

Role Name:
Emily Robison
Alignment:
Flavor Text:
You and your fellow Dixie Chicks have joined forces with Victor Conte to hook children on steroids through the use of country music. Why would you do this? Well, the money certainly helps. But mostly it's because - like all country musicians - you are evil.
Group:
Safe Claim:
Secret Word:
Your secret word is:
place
Win Condition:

Role Name:
Martie Maguire
Alignment:
Flavor Text:
You and your fellow Dixie Chicks have joined forces with Victor Conte to hook children on steroids through the use of country music. Why would you do this? Well, the money certainly helps. But mostly it's because - like all country musicians - you are evil.
Group:
Safe Claim:
Secret Word:
Your secret word is:
time
Win Condition:

Role Name:
Natalie Maines
Alignment:
Flavor Text:
Group:
Safe Claim:
Secret Word:
Your secret word is:
leave
Win Condition:

Innocents:

Role Name:
Count de Morcerf
Alignment:
Innocent
Flavor Text:
You thought you were putting the Mr. Grey ordeal behind you, exploring this strange new world. There's something odd about this bus, though, and you have a feeling that something is going to happen. Whatever it is, you've repented of your sins and will do your best to stop whatever evils lie ahead.
Abilities:
Each night, you may choose one dead player to investigate. You may receive a clue from this investigation.
Secret Word:
Your secret word is:
back
Win Condition:

Mod Note:
Receives clue left by ghost (if any), or a hint that the player has been dead for a long time (in the case of a moved-on original ghost).

Role Name:
Keith Hernandez
Alignment:
Innocent
Flavor Text:
You're Keith Hernandez! You can get whoever you want! And you're not picky...
Abilities:
Each night, you may choose one player to seduce. They will be blocked from all night actions.
Secret Word:
Your secret word is:
never
Win Condition:

Role Name:
Robert Graysmith
Alignment:
Innocent
Flavor Text:
You used to be a humble cartoonist. Now, you're an expert on the Zodiac Killer. You're on the way to San Francisco to present your findings, but you should keep an eye out. You never know where the killer might be hiding.
Abilities:
Each night, you may choose one player to investigate. You will be told if that player is the Zodiac Killer.
Secret Word:
Your secret word is:
last
Win Condition:

Mod Note:
There is no Zodiac Killer. Revealing Mr. Grey's assistant as the Zodiac Killer is just flavor; both Mr. Grey and the assistant were off-limits for investigation.

Role Name:
Roadie
Alignment:
Innocent
Flavor Text:
Years of travel with musicians has led you to one conclusion: crazy stuff tends to happen around them. You don't know what lies ahead, but you want to make it out alive.
Abilities:
Secret Word:
Your secret word is:
door
Win Condition:
You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and you are still alive.

Mod Note:
Can still win if he doesn't survive; see ghost PM.

Role Name:
Björk
Alignment:
Innocent
Flavor Text:
I once had no fears
none at all
and then when
I had some

to my surprise
I grew to like both
scared or brave
without them

the thrill of fear
thought I'd never admit it
the thrill of fear
now greatly enjoyed with courage

when I once was
untouchable
innocence roared
still amazes
Abilities:
Secret Word:
Your secret word is:
thing
Win Condition:

Role Name:
Carlos Santana
Alignment:
Innocent
Flavor Text:
"The most valuable possession you can own is an open heart. The most powerful weapon you can be is an instrument of peace."
Abilities:
Secret Word:
Your secret word is:
night
Win Condition:

Mod Note:
Gains Ghost Doctor ability on death.

Role Name:
Gordon E. Moore
Alignment:
Innocent
Flavor Text:
You helped found Intel. You even have a law named after you. So what are you doing on this bus?
Abilities:
Secret Word:
Your secret word is:
passage
Win Condition:

Role Name:
Huey Lewis
Alignment:
Innocent
Flavor Text:
You're on the way to San Francisco for a celebrity golfing event. As much as you like golf, you're pretty bored by the whole idea. Maybe something interesting will come up.
Abilities:
Secret Word:
Your secret word is:
relax
Win Condition:

Role Name:
Lars Ulrich
Alignment:
Innocent
Flavor Text:
Now I lay me down to sleep,
Pray the Lord my soul to keep.
If I die before I wake,
Pray the Lord my soul to take.
Abilities:
Secret Word:
Your secret word is:
before
Win Condition:

Role Name:
Michael Jackson
Alignment:
Innocent
Flavor Text:
No one's gonna save you from the beast about to strike...
Abilities:
Secret Word:
Your secret word is:
said
Win Condition:

Mod Note:
Gains Ghost Thriller Sense on death.

Role Name:
Randy Jones
Alignment:
Innocent
Flavor Text:
Whoa there, cowboy!
Abilities:
Secret Word:
Your secret word is:
receive
Win Condition:

Mod Note:
Gains Ghost Vigilante ability on death.

Role Name:
Innocent San Franciscan
Alignment:
Innocent
Flavor Text:
Abilities:
Secret Word:
Your secret word is:
running
Win Condition:

Ghost Traitor:

Role Name:
Jim Jones
Alignment:
Flavor Text:
Since Jonestown, your spirit has roamed far and wide, looking for opportunities to make people miserable. There's only so much you can do as a ghost, so your affect has thus far been minimal - even when possessing people, you have difficulty getting them to do anything they wouldn't anyway. However, you can sense an evil group on this bus, and you have decided to help them in whatever way you can.
Group:
FaerieLord, MrBuddyLee, Niv, Rogueben, Thesp
Safe Claim:
You have been possessing the body of an Innocent Fresnino.
Secret Word:
Your secret word is:
checkout
Win Condition:

Ghosts:

Role Name:
Ray Charles
Alignment:
Innocent
Flavor Text:
You can't see evil. And you aren't AniX. You'll just have to use your gut.
Abilities:
Secret Word:
Your secret word is:
remember
Win Condition:

Role Name:
Baron Danglers
Alignment:
Innocent
Flavor Text:
The last thing you remember is that a large man was approaching you in the night, and then... well, now you're on a bus. Strange.
Abilities:
Secret Word:
Your secret word is:
programmed
Win Condition:

Ghost PM:
SCAPE

You're dead! But it's not the end... now you get to haunt the living!

You may only post in the Hotel California thread, with the other ghosts. You have read-only access to the Basement, and may of course read the main thread, but do not post there. You are dead.

Your win condition is unchanged. You may discuss with your fellow SCAPE-aligned ghosts (which includes Sarcastro, the ghost traitor) here. In addition, you have a one-shot ghostkill which can be used at any time to eliminate a ghost permanently (takes affect at the end of that Day/Night cycle). Only one such kill can be used by your group per cycle.

You may leave a one word "clue" with your body. You do not have to leave this clue immediately, but once you have chosen your word you may not change it. Player names count as one word for the purpose of this ability.

Ghost PM:
Innocent

You're dead! But it's not the end... now you get to haunt the living!

You may only post in the Hotel California thread, with the other ghosts. You have read-only access to the Basement, and may of course read the main thread, but do not post there. You are dead.

Your win condition is unchanged.

You may leave a one word "clue" with your body. You do not have to leave this clue immediately, but once you have chosen your word you may not change it. Player names count as one word for the purpose of this ability.

Ghost PM:
Roadie Addition

Your win condition is changed as follows: List the living players in the order of your choosing. The highest on your list who survives the night will become your target. You win if all threats to the town
and the target
are eliminated. Note that if you choose a threat to the town, your win condition reduces to the town win condition, so choose wisely.

Ghost PM:
Carlos Santana Addition

Your win condition is unchanged. You have, however, gained an ability: during each Day/Night cycle, you may protect one ghost, preventing them from being forced to "move on".

Ghost PM:
Michael Jackson Addition

Your win condition is unchanged. You have, however, gained an ability: your "thriller" sense is tingling... you can tell that at least one player (among those not confirmed-SCAPE) has something other than the innocent win condition.

Mod Note:
Secret words are words from the final verse of Hotel California. Flavor Scenes were composed of the following parts:

All scene titles are song titles (assosicated with the dying player, if that player is a musician).
Lyrics from a song about/relating to San Francisco.
Words/phrases from Hotel California scattered throughout.

Thanks for playing!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”