California Trilogy - Going to San Francisco (Game Over!)

curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:57 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

dammit..

what is your point Gaspar? SO is the only correct choice for a vote is Nab? I am voting who I think is scummier of the two.

Vote:
{Nab,
vollkan
}, {Gaspar , Xtoxm}, {destructor, MS}, Rogue, MBL, Thesp, CKD
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:08 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Deadline:
Approximately 20 hours from this post.

Vote Count:
6 to lynch.

NabakovNabakov: 3 (destructor, Gaspar, Rogueben)
vollkan: 3 (curiouskarmadog, Thesp, Xtoxm)
MrBuddyLee: 2 (MichelSableheart, vollkan)
Gaspar: 1 (MrBuddyLee)

Current Condorcet Winner:
vollkan

To view the complete table of pairwise results, put this information in this form.
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:41 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

I will claim, because I feel the information I hold is becoming more precarious and should probably be shared, but I would still like to note that Gaspar is casting his rolefish net pretty wide here.

I am Robert Graysmith (Jake Gyllenhaal's character in
Zodiac
). As that would imply, I'm hunting the Zodiac Killer and can make one investigation per night. As it is, there is nothing in my role that guarantees that the killer even exists (I'm just on the lookout), so it could just be a red herring, but that would be pretty bastardly. Another possibile explanation for the low kill rate is that the killer is still in the attic (that would explain Nibbler Twins)

N1, I investigated BBMars for what looked like general lurkery, so at least my sanity is confirmed. N2 I investigated Gaspar because he had been on FL pretty hard D1 and was very "told you so" regarding her death D2. I suspected he was SK playing Vig, but he came up innocent. N3 I investigated destructor, again because I felt the primary goal of the SK would be to keep a low profile, and I was growing suspicious of his long read.

So there it is, there's probably an SK, but if there is, it's not Gaspar or Destructor.

Oh, and my secret word is "last"
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:41 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Shit, I had a great post going and my computer crashed. Fucking Vista.

I think Gaspar looks unSCAPE if you read D1 carefully. Not for his stance on Faerie or Niv, but for his analysis of their interaction. It looks like he was snowed, and he didn't fake it. Ultimately, I don't think Gaspar is SCAPE.

Gaspar, based on the quality of Niv's and Faerielord's distancing, who are your top suspects for their scumpartner?

I reread Sableheart+Thesp and didn't like their game-long tango. Always suspecting, never acting, and Thesp just removed MS from his list entirely when I don't see that MS has done anything townish. MS keeps Thesp 4/5 but never really seems to be "looking" at him.

Thesp and MS, what are your current opinions of each other?

destructor feels ok to me. Rogueben reads townish. CKD looks disinterested, but was early on Niv. If I die tonight, be wary of a possible Gaspar+Xtoxm scumpair. Outside shot at shenanigans, but please keep an eye out for it just in case.

Rereading Nab and vollkan in more detail now.
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:19 am

Post by Thesp »

MrBuddyLee wrote:I think Gaspar looks unSCAPE if you read D1 carefully. Not for his stance on Faerie or Niv, but for his analysis of their interaction. It looks like he was snowed, and he didn't fake it. Ultimately, I don't think Gaspar is SCAPE.
Welcome to the party. :roll:
MrBuddyLee wrote:I reread Sableheart+Thesp and didn't like their game-long tango. Always suspecting, never acting, and Thesp just removed MS from his list entirely when I don't see that MS has done anything townish.

Thesp and MS, what are your current opinions of each other?
Are you even reading my posts? Does anyone else have any confusion about my stance towards MichelSableheart? How in the world is this confusing? (And haven't I already addressed why his claim seemed genuine, while you have ducked the same?)

Claim.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:27 pm

Thesp, why does MBL need to claim(because gaspar asked for it?)..if anyone needs to claim it is vollkan.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:28 pm

speaking of vollkan he has posted all over this site, but it avoiding this game even though he knows we are at deadline....THIS IS NOT TYPICAL VOLLKAN PLAYING.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:32 pm

Post by Gaspar »

Uh.... I guess
Unvote, Vote: Vollkan
, MrBuddyLee, rogueben
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:34 pm

Post by Gaspar »

To answer your question, MBL: I'd expect SCAPE to include people whom Fae went after to some degree or another, and/or people whom Niv treated with kid gloves. I meta'd Fae's suspicion list in my analysis post, so I'd say that ballparks fairly accurately people to consider as SCAPErs.
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:59 pm

Post by MichelSableheart »

curiouskarmadog wrote:I didnt like MBL attack of OMGL earlier in the thread, but his vote on Niv's I felt was decent...would like to hear MS and vollkan address that vote of Niv yesterday
The only vote on Niv made by MBL I can find was made during the middle of day 2, based on a rather weak tell, and dropped fairly quickly. MBL using that vote to say "I told you so" in post #838 seems incredibly fake to me.

Niv voting MBL is the only tell in MBL's favour I have found in the entire game. Considering how correct the reasoning of that vote was, I believe that's rather weak evidence to consider MBL pro-town.

NabNab, why introduce Robert Graysmith as the character played by Jake Gyllenhaal in Zodiac, when Robert Greysmith is a real life person?
MBL wrote:Thesp and MS, what are your current opinions of each other?
Thesp hasn't been hugely active, especially during the first days. Besides that, I haven't really got reasons to suspect he's scum. His pressure on me during day 2 and 3 seems genuine, as is his stance on Vollkan today. The only time he truly went for the easy lynch was the Niv lynch yesterday, but that one turned out to be on scum.

Gaspar, what do you think of the possibililty that Xtoxm is a serial killer?

Vollkan's lynch looks the most likely atm. Supporting the bandwagon based on my observations in post #930.

Unvote

Vote
: MrBuddyLee, Rogueben,
Vollkan
, Xtoxm, destructor, Thesp, curiouskarmadog, NabNab, Gaspar, {IH, Sarcastro}, Mr. Grey, No Lynch, MichelSableheart
There is no 'a' in Michel.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:01 pm

Post by vollkan »

First thing, a claim.

I am a Roadie (as in the person that goes around with musicians). I have no night abilities, but I do have a 'secret word'. I am not too sure if I should mention what it is or not, since I have no clue what it does, but maybe that is meaningful.
NN wrote: For somebody who clearly knows how to parse words, you should have been careful enough to not say "threaten" in the first place. I make the insinuation yes, that destructor's play could be a shield for anti-town tactics, but I am always sure to couch that in the equivalent of "but maybe not", so I am not ignoring that liklihood, nor is Destructor's ordinary replacement play. He has been LML's replacement for over a month now. I have never seen a replacement read that took that long, and I challenge you to find me one that has. I stand by my assertion that Destructor's play is probably hurting the town more than it is helping it.
You're dragging this into semantics territory.

I said you threatened and I stand by that. No, you did not give a conditional demand (as in "If you don't do X, then I will do Y") but you raised the potential of his play being a scum ploy.

Again, your exact words were:

All I'm saying about the re-read is that a player who is stuck one day behind the rest of the game doesn't comment on current events and is able to hide behind hindsight. It's tough to be wrong when you comment on wagons that have already gone through, and it's tough to be lynched if you're never wrong. I'm not saying a long re-read is guaranteed malicious, but I would definitely like to hear from you on things that are happening now.
When I say it is a threat what I mean, if it is not obvious, is that you go about trying to persuade destructor to most more relevantly by means of insinuating scumminess in his current play. The potential for maliciousness is irrelevant since, as I have said, there is nothing unreasonable or peculiar about what he's been doing. Rather than simply suggest that he post more, you add an element of coerciveness to the suggestion by positing scummy motivations.
NN wrote: Now, I'm not going to say that my jab at destructor was all a ploy to stir up controversy because that would be a lie, but I will take note of the wagon it has built. Rogueben in particular strikes me as having jumped headfirst, but it seems just as likely that Vollkan is taking an opportunity to push a wagon other than his own. What's my score on the Vollkan scale anyway?
Right now, about 55.

On that note, not that it will make much difference:
Vote: MBL, destructor, Xtoxm, {NN, Rogueben, Thesp, Sable, Gaspar}, CKD
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:04 pm

Post by Mr. Grey »

Deadline:
Approximately 4 hours from this post.

Vote Count:
6 to lynch.

vollkan: 5 (curiouskarmadog, Gaspar, MichelSableheart, Thesp, Xtoxm)
NabakovNabakov: 2 (destructor, Rogueben)
MrBuddyLee: 1 (vollkan)
Gaspar: 1 (MrBuddyLee)

Current Condorcet Winner:
vollkan

To view the complete table of pairwise results, put this information in this form.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:29 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Terrible suspicions list, voted me, Pooky all game and bused Niv. Percentage of scumminess lists not compelling at all, look like filler.

Can't keep his story straight. Last post:
vollkan wrote:You insinuate that destructor's play is anti-town (I disagree, per my previous post)
This post he lists destructor #2. I smell made-up suspicions.

Also, "Roadie"?

vote: vollkan
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:34 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Also, Monsieur Sableheart's attempt to get me Condorcet-lynched while appearing to support a vollkan lynch is noted.

Note to "Zodiac Killer": if you really exist and are gunning for scum, I am not one of them. Hopefully you have figured that out already. Take out Sableheart, I think he's a solid target.

Note to town: Zodiac Detective would be a fantastic scum safeclaim. Be wary.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:43 pm

Post by vollkan »

MrBuddyLee wrote:Terrible suspicions list, voted me, Pooky all game and bused Niv. Percentage of scumminess lists not compelling at all, look like filler.

Can't keep his story straight. Last post:
vollkan wrote:You insinuate that destructor's play is anti-town (I disagree, per my previous post)
This post he lists destructor #2. I smell made-up suspicions.

Also, "Roadie"?

vote: vollkan
You have clearly paid squat attention to my posts.

The quote you so neatly cherry-picked was referring to destructor's play specifically in the context of his re-reading pace.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:49 pm

Post by destructor »

In before the lock...
I think MBL just hammered.
MichelSableheart wrote:NabNab, why introduce Robert Graysmith as the character played by Jake Gyllenhaal in Zodiac, when Robert Greysmith is a real life person?
This is a good point.

I also find the "Roadie" claim inconsistent with what we've seen so far and, while possible, unlikely. Every other role's had a name. I'm also confused about why I'd be placed higher on vol's condorcet, way above Nab, when he'd just been criticising Nab for painting my actions as scummy. So, yes, I'm adding my support to this lynch.
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:50 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

I am probably going to get nailed by an SK tonight for this if there is one, but I am pretty sure after a reread that NabNab is actually the Zodiac Killer. Scum, please take him out tonight, and good luck tomorrow town.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:50 pm

Post by destructor »

Okay, so I had another look. Nab wasn't way below me, but it still doesn't make sense to me.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:51 pm

Post by destructor »

MBL, what makes you think you're going to be taken out?
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:53 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

I investigated BBMars for what looked like general lurkery, so at least my sanity is confirmed.
What, you wouldn't figure it out after your second "guilty" on a "Zodiac Killer"? I call bullshit...
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:54 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Because even if I'm wrong, I'll be killed to frame NabNab. Bah!
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:02 pm

Post by vollkan »

destructor wrote: I also find the "Roadie" claim inconsistent with what we've seen so far and, while possible, unlikely. Every other role's had a name. I'm also confused about why I'd be placed higher on vol's condorcet, way above Nab, when he'd just been criticising Nab for painting my actions as scummy. So, yes, I'm adding my support to this lynch.
1) The Roadie claim is inconsistent with everything thus far, but it's my role.
2) I love the fact that you think that my actual suspicions ought to be reflected by who I argue with at the time. Is this some sort of weird inversion of a tunnel-vision accusation?
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:11 pm

Post by Mr. Grey »

Final Vote Count:
6 to lynch.

vollkan: 6 (curiouskarmadog, Gaspar, MichelSableheart, MrBuddyLee, Thesp, Xtoxm)

NabakovNabakov: 2 (destructor, Rogueben)
MrBuddyLee: 1 (vollkan)

Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:12 pm

Post by Mr. Grey »

Minimum Wage

"Headed out to San Francisco, definitely not L.A.
Didn't mention your name, didn't mention your name..."

It's been a long day. The scene this morning still lingers in the minds of the remaining stranded former bus passengers: Mr. Grey revealing that their situation is not entirely out of his control, as they had been previously led to believe.

Angry words were said. Of course. But in a flash Mr. Grey and his assistant were gone, back to the safety of Mr. Grey's study, isolated once more from the angry guests. Not that there was much to be done, of course. What were they to do? Kill him? Hard to believe that such an obviously wrong, immoral,
illegal
option came to mind so quickly to them, now, after only a few short days. But no... Mr. Grey had answers.

And, frankly, that assistant of his looked like more than a match even for the ten of them.

And now the light is changing hue again, and a decision has been reached. "vollkan" stands before them, noose already in place. He is sweating. It's not just that he is about to die; there is summer sweat, too, the sweat of heat too overwhelming for even the air conditioning of Mr. Grey's house to fully fight off. But the imminent death is surely a contributing factor.

The guests don't notice Mr. Grey quietly entering the room to watch and listen to the same thing they are so intent on - vollkan's final words.

"Typical. You're all the same. I've probably even worked with some of you before. You wouldn't remember, even if you could see my face now. You don't remember my name. Probably never knew it, in one ear, out the other, nothing to catch it in between. Ok, I get it. Mind on other things. The music. But the fame got to you. What's an insignificant... well. Never mind. It doesn't matter now. You've made your decision. I knew this day would come. I had hopes, even after people started dying... but no. I was always the guy in the red shirt. The guy with the name no one remembers. I'm not sure I even remember it, now. So go ahead. Do it. I don't need this. All I ever wanted was the music. And I'll always..."

He is cut off as one of the others kicks the stand out from under him.

"Man, what a lame death speech. I had to shut the guy up, yeah?"

The others shrug.

"It's not easy, is it."

The guests jump at the sound of Mr. Grey's voice. One of them rushes at him immediately, but he holds up a hand and they... well, just stop.

"That's far enough. You're not very good at this, are you. Three innocents you've lynched already. It's not easy, telling the good ones from the bad."

"Is that what this is all about? Some sort of game to teach us a lesson about good and evil?"

Mr. Grey considers this as though it is an entirely new idea.

"Perhaps. Yes, that may be part of it. Though only part."

Another of the guests is about to say something - something rash, perhaps - but Mr. Grey holds up a finger. They look at him, confused, until one by one they hear it, as he smiles.

The crickets are chirping outside the house.

vollkan (Roadie, Innocent) has been lynched. It is Night 4. Deadline for choices is 11:00 GMT Saturday.
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:21 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Blowing Away

"Sittin' in the mornin' sun,
I'll be sittin' when the evenin' come.
Watching the ships roll in
And then I watch 'em roll away again, yeah.

I'm sittin' on the dock of the bay,
Watching the tide roll away.
Ooo, I'm just sittin' on the dock of the bay
Wastin' time..."

It's dark, still. The guests are soundly sleeping - somewhat surprising, given their predicament, but some part of them has given up figuring this mess out, and has decided to passively wait until Mr. Grey deigns to let them leave. That, or it could be the drugs that were slipped in their drinks the previous evening.

Either way, the loud, persistent voice wakes them, dragging them slowly from their dreamless sleep.

"So sorry to wake you in the middle of the night, but... oh, this Mr. Grey, by the way, though I suppose you've already figured that out. Anyway. My collection of pet
Vespa mandarinia
has been... breached. Hard to say how many escaped. I wouldn't worry too much. The air ducts in this place are a maze. Still, if you see or hear anything... buzzing, for instance..."

Dawn arrives. The guests gather in the hall. None of them have slept a wink since Mr. Grey's announcement. Mr. Grey, on the other hand, seems quite well-rested. Perky, even. He smiles at them as he enters the room.

"Good morning, friends. Oh, dear, you all look quite tired. I hope I didn't frighten too terribly with the false alarm last night..."

He trails off as they react to the phrase "false alarm".

"Oh... you mean you didn't hear my second message? Sigh. Intercom must be on the fritz again. So sorry. Well then. On with business..."

Mr. Grey's assistant enters, wheeling in yet another body. The guests are too sleepy to react. The rub their eyes, nod in acknowledgement of the latest death, and wearily resume their discussions.

NabakovNabakov (Robert Graysmith, Innocent) has been murdered.

It is Day 5. With 8 present, it will take 5 votes to lynch before the deadline, which is two weeks from this post.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”