California Trilogy - Going to San Francisco (Game Over!)

Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:24 am

Post by Xtoxm »

In that last line, replace what's with word's, lol.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:40 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Vote Count:
8 to lynch.

BBMars: 3 (MichelSableheart, NabakovNabakov, Rogueben)
Thesp: 3 (Gaspar, PookyTheMagicalBear, Xtoxm)
Niv: 1 (MrBuddyLee)
BBMars
BBMars
Townie
BBMars
Townie
Townie

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:52 pm

Post by BBMars »

Rogueben wrote:Vollkan his point about popping was related to a pm between Flamaxe and Iammars that Flamaxe (BBMars) mentioned. Flameaxe said:
BBMars wrote:...and I've been waiting on my other head to pop in to respond to my PM...
In this case I agree with MBL, its possible that he is trying to get their story straight. Now that I've thought about this a little more I think this is actually quite a compelling point. There is no pro-town reason I can think of to wait around for the partner.

Vote: BBMars
What is so anti-town about one of the heads who hasn't had a chance to stay caught up in the game to consult with the other head? After all, we are two heads...Why shouldn't we talk...

NN: My reaction is "Go for it".

Still haven't finished reading, and my partner is AWOL. This week is a big test (ACT, mock AP) week for me, so don't expect a whole lot of posting until probably late Thursday or Friday. I'll probably print out a few pages to read in class this week though.
Flameaxe + Iammars
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:57 pm

Post by vollkan »

CKD wrote: so I was confused, is there a point?
"Innocent" is alignment, not role. The fact that you thought "Innocent" was a role indicates you were not aware of the fact that "Innocent" is an alignment, not a role. That, in turn, raises a reasonable question as to whether, if you are indeed "Innocent", you would neglect to realise that "Innocent" is simply an alignment,
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:13 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

vollkan wrote:
"Innocent" is alignment, not role. The fact that you thought "Innocent" was a role indicates you were not aware of the fact that "Innocent" is an alignment, not a role. That, in turn, raises a reasonable question as to whether, if you are indeed "Innocent", you would neglect to realise that "Innocent" is simply an alignment,
I've stated my opinion on this argument, I don't agree with it.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:34 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

X,

Do you think CKD has a role pm with "Innocent" as his alignment?

If yes,

Do you think he read this role pm?

If yes,

Do you think he simply forgot what was in his role PM?

If yes,

What makes you believe he forgot what was in his role PM?

Sorry for being somewhat leading, if you would rather explain your thought process on why you don't agree with Vollkan in a different way, I'm certainly open to it.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:38 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

What makes you believe he forgot what was in his role PM?
It doesn't matter what the answer to the previous questions are - I believe the answer to this one is it's possible...As I just explained I myself had forgotten and part of my role PM.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:10 pm

Anything's possible, that ain't saying much.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:32 pm

Post by MichelSableheart »

CKD wrote:Because only a name and alignment was listed…”innocent” could have easily been a role like “townie”. How did you automatically know that “innocent” was an alignment and not a role? Also, what is your point of asking that question?
Did you read Dantes in Fresno? Reveiling worked exactly the same in that game. Furthermore, there is the sample role pm in the first post, and your own role pm (if you're innocent, of course ;)). If you had discussed Gorrad's behaviour with OGML after Gorrad was lynched yesterday, IMO you would have figured out that it was alignement, not role. What I don't understand is why you immediately assumed a pro-town player was lying about his role, but did not discuss what his motivations for that could be. There's something very strange there.
CKD wrote:also, on your list, why am I higher up on the vote than OGML?
Not for definite reasons yet, but OGML gave me better feelings then you did.

Xtoxm, in CT:DiF, the secret words had no relevance besides linking all the various fake Dantes'. I see no reason to assume that's different here, but even if there is, I'm not sure if it's wise to discuss.
There is no 'a' in Michel.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:37 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

vollkan wrote:
of come on...."Innocent" is also in the role name. I didnt read the other game so I was not familiar with how the roles/alignments are provided at death. I have never been in a game (that I can recall) that did not list the town role as well. I assumed that the town role would be provided too. Usually someone is listed as a "townie", I thought that "innocent" is another way to say "townie"... Please see game that I am Modding where I do this.

the fact is, i didnt really know until I asked the Mod. Now how far and long are you really willingly to keep pushing that vollkan? Isnt it true that in most games town and role are provided?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:52 am

MichelSableheart wrote: If you had discussed Gorrad's behaviour with OGML after Gorrad was lynched yesterday, IMO you would have figured out that it was alignement, not role. What I don't understand is why you immediately assumed a pro-town player was lying about his role, but did not discuss what his motivations for that could be. There's something very strange there.
as I said, and OGML can verify, Gorrad was not acting very pro-twon. He came in voting for OGML and wanted me to hammer. When he claimed, he said his name that he was the Role Blocker.

when he died and all i also was his name and "innocent", nothing about Role blocker...I thought he lied..simple as that..I didnt know that the role wasnt provided until the mod sent me the PM.

I thought Gorrad lied just to save his ass. Why does anyone do whatever they do? I thought he was lying at the time, because I thought he was scum. When he died, I mentioned I thought he was lying and wondered why and then went on to post something like "gorrad, if you are still reading this, that really was a bad play"...
curiouskarmadog wrote:

of come on...."Innocent" is also in the role name.
actually I just reread my PM again, the word "innocent" is not listed in my role name...Just my name. "innocent" is provided as an alignment. take from that what you will.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:30 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

SensFan and Thesp have received their second strike.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:55 am

Post by vollkan »

CKD wrote: Now how far and long are you really willingly to keep pushing that vollkan?
Did I say it was a good argument? Did I escalate your number ranking? Did I FoS you? My exact words: "raises a reasonable question". My express use of those words impliedly excludes that I think it a compelling argument.

I agree entirely that your alleged mistake is perfectly reasonable, but it is also a reasonably possible scum error and, as such, inquiring about it is not unreasonable.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:12 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

CKD wrote:When he died, I mentioned I thought he was lying and wondered why and then went on to post something like "gorrad, if you are still reading this, that really was a bad play"...
I do remember your post addressed to dead gorrad, but I didn't realize until the discussion in here with everybody that you still thought his being an RB had been a lie. I just assumed it was no role reveal, and we never discussed that in particular in the basement.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:39 am

vollkan wrote:
CKD wrote: Now how far and long are you really willingly to keep pushing that vollkan?
Did I say it was a good argument? Did I escalate your number ranking? Did I FoS you? My exact words: "raises a reasonable question". My express use of those words impliedly excludes that I think it a compelling argument.

I agree entirely that your alleged mistake is perfectly reasonable, but it is also a reasonably possible scum error and, as such, inquiring about it is not unreasonable.
fair enough
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:43 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Pooky - When I say that I mean I think it's suffieciently possible that an argument based on it can be discarded.

Btw, this defense of CKD doesn't mean I have a town read on him, I am unsure atm, I am just arguing...Against the argument, essentially.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:30 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

MBL vibes kicking in strongly on OGML. Pure defensiveness, with a twinge of nasty little threats mixed in to shake town off his tail. And a few little details. Yuck. *shudders*

unvote, vote: OhGodMyLife
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:26 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

For the record, my only intention in reposting the PM was to make sure everybody was on the same page regarding reveals. I consider the whole "well,
you
wouldn't know because your PM has a different allignment" idea to be underhanded and superficial, and if Vollkan placed just as little worth on it, I think a "reasonable question" is raised in: "Then why did he post it in the first place?"
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:24 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Nasty little threats, MBL? Where exactly have I been nasty or threatening. I haven't had a chance to really go through the thread and do any scum hunting yet, but I'm answering the questions posed of me and trying to clarify for people what happened in the basement. I'm not sure where you're drawing the conclusion that I'm trying to shake the town off of my tail, until you just came out of left field with this I wasn't aware there was anybody ON my tail to shake off.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:43 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Looks like we're gonna need some replacements...Both for roles under suspicion...

(From me anyways)
Niv
Niv
Goon
Niv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:27 pm

Post by Niv »

Hey pooky:

Question for you:

What do you feel you hve contirbted to the game, and why?
It's never too late to dig yourself out of a hole with the truth, unless you've been investigated as scum. I'm pretty sure that hasn't happened yet. So get to work helping us track down your fellow dirtbags! ~ MBL
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:38 pm

Post by Thesp »

I am so, so sorry for my absence. Let me get caught up on my modding, and I'll be right back to read and catch up. :(
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:18 pm

Post by Thesp »

Gaspar wrote:Thesp needs to die today.
I respectfully disagree. ;)
Xtoxm, emphasis added wrote:Thesp has 9 posts. 1 of them was very long, with a lot of content...But I think he still qualifies as lurking.
And sounds like you have a good reason, so i'm happy to go with this
and:

vote Thesp
This bothers me. I can understand the former entirely, but the latter is problematic. Perhaps Gaspar is scum and his "good reason" is I'm town? Perhaps his "good reason" is a paranoid cop investigation? Perhaps his "good reason" is actually pressure to see how I (and others) react, rather than deep justification? You're abrogating your duties here, which troubles me. He very well may have some compelling reasons, but I have yet to understand why you should have compelling reason to trust them.
NabakovNabakov wrote:Actually playing the game, I see no particular reason to disbelieve the account of what happened in the basement. If one was scum lying, the other townie would have exposed them, and them both being scum seems very unlikely just from the perspective that it would mean Gorrad got completely and unescapably screwed by the setup.
Agreed (unless there's the highly unlikely scenario that they're both scum, but for different factions/for themselves, but I find this to be dubious at best). I'm struggling to avoid potentially harmful speculation here.
RogueBen wrote:I don't like the way Xtoxm has come out of the gates today. His attacks against OGML and CKD seem like they have been formed in a very rushed way, without thinking clearly. However, I 'm not sure whether this is just Xtoxm thinking things through before posting, or whether it's him building BS cases.
I remember why I had you up on my list earlier yesterday.
MrBuddyLee wrote:Glork was not busing Faerielord. Faerielord + Niv tell here.
Agreed 1000%.

I don't like BBMars, but I don't like the people
on
the BBMars wagon even more.

Vote: MichelSableheart
, RogueBen, Xtoxm, BBMars, Niv, OhGodMyLife, {(All players not listed)}, SensFan, Gaspar, No Lynch, Thesp
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:28 pm

I have contributed my thoughts.

I've done so because I want to kill scum.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:22 am

getting to a reread today or tomorrow..then will post thoughts...and questions.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”