California Trilogy - Going to San Francisco (Game Over!)

Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 10:13 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Deadline:
Approximately 43 hours from this post.

Vote Count:
7 to lynch.

MichelSableheart: 2 (Niv, Thesp)
MrBuddyLee: 2 (Gaspar, MichelSableheart)
Niv: 2 (curiouskarmadog, Rogueben)
vollkan: 1 (Xtoxm)

Current Condorcet Winner:
None. Current Smith Set: curiouskarmadog, destructor, Gaspar, MichelSableheart, MrBuddyLee, NabakovNabakov, Niv, PookyTheMagicalBear, Rogueben, Thesp, vollkan, Xtoxm

To view the complete table of pairwise results, put this information in this form.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 10:13 am

Post by Xtoxm »

I'm close to getting my next strike. I don't know why MS thinks i'm scum, but I do have generally had a town read off him, so i'm not sure that's the best way to go.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 10:17 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Only thing I don't about MS's claim is that all the dead people other than "innocent san fransiscan" are not (apparantly) related to san fran.

Although, I think going down that route to look for scum probably isn't a very good idea.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Niv
Niv
Goon
Niv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 12:07 pm

Post by Niv »

MrBuddyLee wrote:Ugh, I'm uncomfortable with the Sablewagon. I agree that he's suspect for several reasons but not to the extent that other discourse should be ignored, which is what seems to be happening. The Pooky-Gaspar-Thesp axis still seems evasive.
This is such a clasic scum post that it scares me. it is so full of, He is scuummy, but when he turns up town, don't look at me. this is just terrible.

Also:
destructor, MrBuddyLee, NabakovNabakov, PookyTheMagicalBear, vollkan
, the fact that you have yet to vote/ post a concordent with opnly one day left before sunset really irkes me.

Also:

UnVote
Vote
MichelSableheart,
MrBuddyLee
, Xtoxm, Thesp, curiouskarmadog, PookyTheMagicalBear, Rogueben, {Gaspar, vollkan, NabakovNabakov, destructor}, Niv, No Lynch
It's never too late to dig yourself out of a hole with the truth, unless you've been investigated as scum. I'm pretty sure that hasn't happened yet. So get to work helping us track down your fellow dirtbags! ~ MBL
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Thu May 15, 2008 4:24 pm

Post by destructor »

Niv wrote:Also:
destructor, MrBuddyLee, NabakovNabakov, PookyTheMagicalBear, vollkan
, the fact that you have yet to vote/ post a concordent with opnly one day left before sunset really irkes me.
I was trying to get my read finished. That's really my bad. Would it be worth me putting a condorcet list together based on what I've read?

I will finish my read tonight, even if it means skimming the remaining pages.
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 2:04 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Decided I disagree with him about Pooky. His leaving me high up his little and say very little about me looks more like scum not bothering to change it, to me.

unvote vote Niv
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 2:05 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Would it be worth me putting a condorcet list together based on what I've read?
Yes. We're practically at the deadline. We have like one day left.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 3:00 am

Post by destructor »

At page 16. I've worked out that it'll be 2am Sunday morning when deadline hits. I tend to sleep late, so I may well be online at the time. ha. More interestingly, this means that I'll have all my waking Saturday to respond, question and generally participate as an up to date player. How active others will be during this time, I'm unsure.

Xtox, I'm planning to finish my read tonight, after which I will post a condorcet and a vote.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 3:10 am

Post by destructor »

Condorcet based on what I've read, for the record:
Vote: Rogueben, vollkan, NabakovNabakov, Thesp, Xtoxm, PookyTheMagicalBear, MrBuddyLee, Gaspar, Niv, MichelSableheart, No Lynch, destructor

Keep in mind that this list would be more like something I'd have liked to post at the start of the day, or at least at a point where it could have generated more discussion and pressure. It is, though, pretty much a list of my relative suspicion up to this point.

Also,
destructor wrote:Gaspar, you said you liked Rogueben's 236, but it wasn't until 267 that you actually voted for MM and even then, it's unclear to me if you were only voting MM to avoid a Niv lynch. At this point, FL had two votes on him, just 1 vote behind MM until you switched. Can you explain why you switched votes? Would you have prefered a FL lynch to a Niv lynch?
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 3:27 am

Post by destructor »

I'm looking over that list, and I think I'd swap Xtox and MBL.
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 7:37 am

Post by MichelSableheart »

Xtoxm wrote:Only thing I don't about MS's claim is that all the dead people other than "innocent san fransiscan" are not (apparantly) related to san fran.
MM and Gorrad aren't dead?
Niv wrote:Also: destructor, MrBuddyLee, NabakovNabakov, PookyTheMagicalBear, vollkan, the fact that you have yet to vote/ post a concordent with opnly one day left before sunset really irkes me.
I agree. I should be able to log in just before deadline hits, and I'll adjust my condorcet then to guarantee a lynch if necessary. However, I really don't like being forced to do that if there are people not voting.
There is no 'a' in Michel.
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 9:11 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

@Destructor: Why place the two most likely candidates for a lynch near the bottom of your condorcet? At this point, all it will do is foul up the count.

I think I'd rather swing for a Niv vote at this point. He's already claimed, hasn't been very productive, and we have a couple of players very much dedicated/attached to his lynch. I'm not particuarlly convinced MBL or Niv are scum, but we need a lynch.

Vote: Niv
, MBL, {others}, No Lynch, NabNab
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 11:34 am

Post by Xtoxm »

MichelSableheart wrote:
Xtoxm wrote:Only thing I don't about MS's claim is that all the dead people other than "innocent san fransiscan" are not (apparantly) related to san fran.
MM and Gorrad aren't dead?
Hmm...

...I retract that statement...
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 11:36 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Deadline:
Approximately 17.5 hours from this post.

Vote Count:
7 to lynch.

Niv: 4 (curiouskarmadog, NabakovNabakov, Rogueben, Xtoxm)
MrBuddyLee: 3 (Gaspar, MichelSableheart, Niv)
MichelSableheart: 1 (Thesp)

Current Condorcet Winner:
Niv

To view the complete table of pairwise results, put this information in this form.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 11:44 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Deadline is 5 pm GMT, then.

Can everyone place their votes now I think?
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 12:17 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

god I hate that both Xtoxm and Rogue are on this wagon.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 12:39 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

but Niv still looks the scummiest out of the three.

Vote
{
Niv
, RogueBen, Xtoxm}, NabNab, MichelSableheart, MBL, Gaspar, {everyone else}, CKD
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 1:47 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

curiouskarmadog wrote:god I hate that both Xtoxm and Rogue are on this wagon.
No I could never possibly be innocent, could I...
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 3:24 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

NabNab's final post pushes him over the edge in regards to the suspicion meter.

None of the reasons that he provides for the Niv vote are particularly good.

I still firmly believe Niv is protown from my earlier reasons, along with the fact that he has a fairly proven night ability.

I am very leery of the Niv lynch.

vote NabNab
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 3:31 pm

Post by vollkan »

MSH wrote: One reason I was extra wary of OGML's claim, is that I am a musician with connections to San Francisco. The fact that I am related to both themes has made me more distrustful to those that aren't. Related to this is my remark about Robin Williams being an actor in a musician related theme.
Ugh. If people are thinking this way, check page 1 for the very clear wording: "This game has a loose Musician theme." Loose. If all roles were musicians, then it wouldn't be loose.
Destructor wrote:
Rogueben, I'm not seeing this as malicious. I'm trying to imagine how Xtoxm's answer to MM original question would have been significantly different to his re-articulated one. How is this questions "leading and pointed"?
I have a thought on this, but I want Ben to answer it beforehand.
NN wrote: What I see as defensive OMGUS is not in itself scummy, but it contributes to my evaluation of the conversation being distancy. It provides an opportunity to attack but fails to get others drawn into a potential wagon. I'm really not interested in the specifics of the discussion, just the overall sense of distancing.
I really cannot see where you are coming from here.

Vollkan is voted by Xtoxm. Vollkan tries to tease out Xtoxm's reasoning (on the vote and other things), upon the realisation that it's currently as clear as mud. Xtoxm's answers are sub-par, so Vollkan has to keep asking questions.

Sure, it is not moving anywhere quickly (in no small part because X's answers were effectively leading me round in circles), but I don't get why that emerges as distancy. I know that distancing debates often take a similar form (usually kid-glove attacks with strong language but little momentum), but I don't think you can rightly label the debate as distancy, when it ought to have been apparent that I was trying to force Xtoxm to elaborate.

Scumdar, as promised:
[here is my previous scumdar for convenience]
CKD - Less to go on than most other people, due to his D1 absence. I think he made a reasonable explanation of what happened in the basement. The fact that he deemed OGML to be pro-town is something I see as a null-tell (if the situation was as he described, then scum-CKD would need to take a positive position wrt OGML). His main suspect seems to be Niv, which is interesting because CKD had little suspicion of Niv in his initial scumdar (Niv was lumped into the {Everybody else} bracket). The attacks against Niv's vagueness and wagoning make sense. CKD's play strikes me as overwhelmingly non-suspect and, thus, he gets a 50.

destructor (nee LML, nee Sensfan) - SensFan was someone I had problems with on D1. LML is, of course, complete nothing for content. One quibble I have with destructor is that the rationale behind is condorcet is rather unclear. He hasn't outline why he most suspects Ben, or why he would place me in second place, for instance. There's an accountability problem here. I don't see this as scummy, but it worries me. 65

Gaspar - Following my previous scumdar, he made a theory-level objection to my posts. I see this as a nullity. His justification of his OGML vote on the basis that he thought MBL had info causes me some frustration. It's a 'sufficient' explanation, and MBL's bombast language was playing with fire, but I wonder how reasonable it is to presume knowledge. It's a very convenient explanation - player A uses powerful language, so player B scum follows player A and asserts that she thought that A had info. I don't think this is what happened here, but it is the reason why I am frustrated about this - it's effectively a cop-out from responsibility. Ultimately, I think Gaspar has been making a good contribution. 55.

More to follow shortly.
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 4:19 pm

Post by Gaspar »

Pooky, tell me something.

Has arguing about irrelevant and tangential things (such as semantics) all day, then posting a half-asses suspicion list with insufficient explanation provided, then voting for someone whom you know isn't going to be lynched today your new MO, or are you just scum in this game?
Niv
Niv
Goon
Niv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 5:42 pm

Post by Niv »

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:NabNab's final post pushes him over the edge in regards to the suspicion meter.

None of the reasons that he provides for the Niv vote are particularly good.

I still firmly believe Niv is protown from my earlier reasons, along with the fact that he has a fairly proven night ability.

I am very leery of the Niv lynch.

vote NabNab
Do you know when the dead line is, this post pushes me right back to where I was on you before.
It's never too late to dig yourself out of a hole with the truth, unless you've been investigated as scum. I'm pretty sure that hasn't happened yet. So get to work helping us track down your fellow dirtbags! ~ MBL
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 8:14 pm

Tell me something Glork,

Do you think Niv is scum?
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 8:20 pm

PRS LLC Official Ratings:

Sell Now:
NabNab, CuriousKarmaDog

Sell+:
Thesp, BBMars

Sell:
RogueBen, Gaspar, MBL

Hold:
Destructor

Hold+:
SensF, Michael Sableheart, Vollkan

Buy:
Niv

Buy+:
Xtoxm

Unrated:
Rest

unvote

vote MBL
<NabNab, CKD, Thesp, RogueBen, Glork> <Everyone Else> <No-Lynch> <Niv, Xtoxm, Pooky>
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Fri May 16, 2008 8:48 pm

Post by destructor »

So, I got kind of distracted yesterday and didn't finish my read.

GASPAR
destructor wrote:Also,
destructor wrote:Gaspar, you said you liked Rogueben's 236, but it wasn't until 267 that you actually voted for MM and even then, it's unclear to me if you were only voting MM to avoid a Niv lynch. At this point, FL had two votes on him, just 1 vote behind MM until you switched. Can you explain why you switched votes? Would you have prefered a FL lynch to a Niv lynch?
@ NN - My list shouldn't have counted, since I didn't post it at the bottom of my post. Also, I did go out of my way to point out that it was something that I'd have posted as a real vote if we weren't at deadline. As to why I've put Niv and Michel at the bottom - I think they're both more likely town.
vollkan wrote:One quibble I have with destructor is that the rationale behind is condorcet is rather unclear. He hasn't outline why he most suspects Ben, or why he would place me in second place, for instance. There's an accountability problem here. I don't see this as scummy, but it worries me.
I realised when I stopped posting as I read that transparency would be an issue. There's no good excuse for this, but you're going to have to bear with me.

A few quick reasons for my list:
Rogueben - scummy vibes (<3 vol) based mostly on he brevity and sparse posting. I haven't felt convinced by the way he's played or voiced his motivations. There is some gut involved, which, for me, usually means I need to spend some time rereading.

I've put you (vol) second on my list based mostly on your interaction with FL. This is based on the assuption that FL was part of a scum group. Again, keep in mind that Ifelt this would be more useful if posted earlier on today.

Nab, I've stated suspicion of already and I'm also iffy about his treatment of FL, especially near deadline Day 1.

Thesp is where he is because of the scarcity of his post. I may err on 'no read' for him, but being higher on the list implies a greater expectation of content.

The rest, I'm either leaning town or I'm having trouble getting a read.

*goes to finish read*

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”