California Trilogy - Going to San Francisco (Game Over!)

Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:37 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Deadline:
Approximately 14.5 hours from this post.

Vote Count:
8 to lynch.

Machiavellian-Mafia: 3 (NabakovNabakov, PookyTheMagicalBear, Thesp)
Niv: 3 (BBMars, FaerieLord, vollkan)
Xtoxm: 3 (Machiavellian-Mafia, Niv, SensFan)
FaerieLord: 2 (Gaspar, MichelSableheart)
SensFan: 2 (Rogueben, Xtoxm)
MichelSableheart: 1 (MrBuddyLee)

Current Condorcet Winner:
Machiavellian-Mafia

To view the complete table of pairwise results, put this information in this form.

Important Note:
When compiling Condorcet lists, I am treating unvotes as a complete reset of the list. If you wish to retain the same (or similar) list when unvoting or changing your vote, please post another copy of the list.

Also note that for the purposes of this game, there is only a Condorcet winner if the Smith Set is a single player - the "Condorcet Winner" on the site linked above allows for ties in the pairwise comparisons, and thus may not actually be a true Condorcet winner.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:17 am

Post by Xtoxm »

12 hours guys can we try and get a lynch together...
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:34 am

Post by Gaspar »

...preferrably one on FaerieLord?
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:00 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

vote: Faerielord
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:15 pm

Post by Thesp »

Gaspar wrote:Thesp, you never explained why you felt the way you did about typical early-game Glork.
I thought I had - it seemed to me that you were trying to leverage actual suspicion out of him (though the tenor of half the post was joking, some of it seemed like you were trying to make an actual issue out of it, which didn't sit right with me).
Xtoxm wrote:12 hours guys can we try and get a lynch together...
Pick Machiavellian-Mafia or FaerieLord and run with it.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:36 pm

Post by MichelSableheart »

This post is a bit rushed with deadline looming.
Gaspar wrote:Michel, your meta-ing against Niv's claim surprises me greatly, especially given you read CT:DiF. You KNOW that there were limited two-shot protown roles in that game, and you KNOW that there were claims which related to the "Fresno" side, rather than the "Dantes" side. What makes you balk at Robin Williams/2-shot <Vauge Investigative Role> here?
Two things: first, I believe an actor in a musician game is much more suspicious then, for example, a businesman in a musician game. Because there are many similarities to the theme, yet the role isn't exactly part of the theme, it feels like a plausible scum role to me. Also, wikipedia can't really agree with itself whether Robin Williams is related to San Francisco or not. The list of people associated with San Franciscolists him as a non-native resident, instead of under actors. He is not present in the category people from San Francisco, California. I believe it very possible that he's speaking the truth about rolename and ability, but isn't innocent.
Thesp wrote:I'm confused by your approach here. Are you suggesting that SensFan deliberately equated himself with No Lynch and feigned ignorance of the system, or that he should know and is somehow more likely to be scum because he doesn't? (Or something else?) (Looks like SensFan notes this as well.)
I was mainly saying that I would not accept the excuse "but I do not understand the system" if he screws up. Because feigning ignorance when things get serious is a much too likely scum tactic.
Thesp wrote:
MichelSableheart wrote:I agree that Xtoxm is likely town being attacked. My vote is mainly still on him because I want a response to my post #155. I want him to stop saying "I didn't do anything scummy!" and start to realize that his play is not helping the town.
Seems pretty worthless to me, then. Why have a toothless vote on someone?
If I do vote him, it's more likely he'll look back to see why he is being voted. The point has a better chance to come across. And I didn't have much better to do with my vote at the time.
Thesp wrote:Pick Machiavellian-Mafia or FaerieLord and run with it.
Done. We have a condorcet winner, so no reason to change my vote.
There is no 'a' in Michel.
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:01 pm

Post by Mr. Grey »

Deadline:
Approximately 2 hours from this post.

Vote Count:
8 to lynch.

FaerieLord: 3 (Gaspar, MichelSableheart, MrBuddyLee)
SensFan: 2 (Rogueben, Xtoxm)

Current Condorcet Winner:
Machiavellian-Mafia

To view the complete table of pairwise results, put this information in this form.

Important Note:
When compiling Condorcet lists, I am treating unvotes as a complete reset of the list. If you wish to retain the same (or similar) list when unvoting or changing your vote, please post another copy of the list.

Also note that for the purposes of this game, there is only a Condorcet winner if the Smith Set is a single player - the "Condorcet Winner" on the site linked above allows for ties in the pairwise comparisons, and thus may not actually be a true Condorcet winner.
FaerieLord
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:29 pm

Post by FaerieLord »

gaspar wrote: If Fae can convince me that awkward wording is a scumtell, I'll eat my laptop. Seriously.
I've read Niv games, and he doesn't post that way as town
gaspar wrote:Fae, explain your position on gut and why Niv's use of it is scummy
I don't like whenever gut is used, as I see it as a cop out to reasoning. And again see above.

I know I'm metagaming, but trust me, it seems really off
gaspar wrote:Essentially, Fae says here that if the player is known for being irrational, he takes that into consideration when assessing their scumminess. Earlier (Post 143), Fae stated that he "know
Niv." Interestingly enough, every single person I can think of who "knows Niv" knows that he tends to be irrational and inarticulate. Huh. You'd think that Fae would have mentioned this at some point or another... perhaps tried to explain why he thinks Niv is scum in spite of his playing tendencies, or at least how "knowing Niv" has changed his view, if at all.
He is inarticulate, but he is not that aggressive
(1:07:08 AM) Xdaamno: alcohol
(1:07:11 AM) Xdaamno: solves this problem
(1:07:13 AM) Xdaamno: woohoo
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:34 pm

Post by Rogueben »

Michel wrote:RogueBen, what is your opinion on Niv's claim? You only mention MM's, and Niv is second on your list. Also, reasoning for SensFan vote please? Same goes for Xtoxm.
It didn't sit right with me that Robin Williams would be in this game, however I didn't check that he was a San Fran resident (I thought he lived in LA for some reason).
I voted SensFan for the same reason I did earlier this game.
Faerielord wrote:I've read Niv games, and he doesn't post that way as town
Not liking this at all.
Fairielord in Confirmation wrote:But yes, mr.dictionary is already feeling pain
Fairielord wrote:I have no idea

Niv

Let's prevent the strain!
Thats a pretty clear contradiction there I think.

Unvote, Vote: FairieLord
, SensFan, {people}, Gaspar, Pooky, No Lynch, Rogueben
Currently busy 7 days a week. Will post regularly though.
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:00 pm

Post by Mr. Grey »

Final Vote Count:

FaerieLord: 4 (Gaspar, MichelSableheart, MrBuddyLee, Rogueben)
SensFan: 1 (Xtoxm)

Condorcet Winner:
Machiavellian-Mafia

Pairwise Results: 7-3, 7-4, 8-1, 6-3, 7-2, 6-3, 6-4, 7-2, 7-2, 7-5, 6-2, 6-2, 7-4, 10-1

Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:00 pm

Post by Mr. Grey »

California Sunset

Let's get moving into action,
Let's get moving into action.
If your life's too slow, no satisfaction,
Find something out there, there's an attraction.
If you hesitate now, that's a subtraction,
So, let's get moving girl into action...

Mr. Grey returns to the foyer as red-orange light from the setting sun streams through the windows. The passengers have been in heated discussions throughout the day, though things seem to be winding down as the adrenaline rush of earlier excitement wears off. Exhaustion begins to set in and eyelids grow heavy. Mr. Grey listens quietly for a time, before clearing his throat. The passengers turn to look at him.

"Excuse me, I just came to tell you that I have prepared rooms for you all, but I couldn't help overhearing that you are discussing
lynching
someone? Oh, dear. Never mind, far be it from me to judge, exceptional circumstances and what not. In fact, if you're set on this course of action, I may as well point out that from the way you are talking, the preferences you have expressed, I believe that one of you is the obvious choice, as a majority prefers his death when compared to any of the rest of you."

Mr. Grey snaps his fingers, and his assistant appears.

"Fetch a length of rope, suitable for a noose. Our guests have rather gotten ahead of themselves, talking about killing without having a means to do so..."

The assistant nods and walks off.

"I don't mean to stick my nose in unwanted, of course. It just seems to be the simplest course of action, don't you agree? Now then. You can verify this for yourselves, double check and so forth, but I believe you will find that as a group you would like to be rid of the passenger traveling under the alias of Machiavellian-Mafia. Ah, here we are."

The passengers turn with Mr. Grey to see the assistant standing in the doorway, rope in hand, noose already formed. Machiavellian-Mafia lets out a shout of protest, survival instincts kicking in as it sets in for the first time that his life may truly be in danger. He runs toward the front door, but finds it locked tight, and as he turns to look for another escape he finds himself face-to-face with the assistant, who has moved across the foyer with the speed of a tiger pouncing on its prey. Machiavellian-Mafia struggles vainly as the assistant wrestles him to the floor, places the noose around his neck, and throws the rope over a ceiling beam. The passengers watch in stunned fascination and horror as the assistant tugs on the rope, pulling a choking Machiavellian-Mafia off the floor and holding him there while he dies.

When the life finally goes out of his body, the passengers are slow to regain their voices, so Mr. Grey again addresses them:

"There we are. Now that today's business is concluded, perhaps you would care to follow me? I will show you to your rooms, and dinner will be served in half an hour to anyone wishing to partake..."

Machiavellian-Mafia (Gordon E. Moore, Innocent) has been lynched. It is Night 1. Deadline for choices is 12:00 GMT Thursday.

(Extra time due to flight on Wednesday.)
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:25 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Who's Counting?

"Baby's so high, that she's skying,
Yes she's flying, afraid to fall.
I'll tell you why baby's crying:
Cause she's dying, aren't we all..."

It is mid-morning, and the former-passengers-turned-guests have enjoyed a pleasant breakfast with Mr. Grey. They gather in the hall expecting to be on their way.

"Ah, yes, well, I know you were all hoping to be away from here - I hope your stay hasn't been too uncomfortable, but you have places to be I know - but unfortunately the authorities haven't been able to send anyone, and it's dreadfully difficult to find any transportation way out here. So, I was thinking to myself, I said, 'Self, why don't they just stay here another night? You enjoy the company, and it's no trouble at all.' So, that's settled, then. My apologies for not having any way to get your on your way sooner."

The guests all politely say that no such apologies are necessary, that it isn't Mr. Grey's fault, any of this, and anyway he has been an excellent host.

Mr. Grey is about to leave them to whatever discussions they feel like having, when one of them notices that they are still fourteen in number.

"Ah, yes. How silly of me. Of course I should share the news, both good and bad. Which would you prefer first? Oh, never mind, I'll just tell you the good first - two of the missing passengers have returned to us. It seems they were stuck in the basement all this time. How dreadful."

curiouskarmadog and OhGodMyLife nod, and wave to the others. There are a few handshakes, welcoming them back.

"Now then. We have found two more bodies, unfortunately. One was in the basement with the other two. They, like you, got scared by the prospect of murderers among you and took matters into their own hands. Just an innocent baseball player, unfortunately."

"The other, however, was not so innocent. A country singer, the lowest of the low, a vile pox on our society. My assistant found her strangled with a microphone cable. Good riddance, I say. Mysterious, though..."

FaerieLord (Natalie Maines, SCAPE) has been murdered.

curiouskarmadog and OhGodMyLife have returned from the basement. Gorrad (Keith Hernandez, Innocent) has been lynched in the basement.

It is Day 2. With 14 present, it will take 8 votes to lynch before the deadline, which is two weeks from this post.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:30 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Lol Gorrad died without getting to even say anything :P
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:32 am

Post by vollkan »

"lynched in the basement"?

@CKD and Gorrad: You've just come from the basement. Do you know what that means?
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:33 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Gorrad died, OGML came back.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:34 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Does SCAPE mean mafia?
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:43 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

yeah, OMGL and I lynched him.

he started off the day saying that he knew that both pairs of "missing" groups had one scum in them. Then he voted OMGL (all in his first couple posts)..when I didnt hammer OMGL, he voted me...when OMGL didnt hammer, he unvoted. Not liking his play and his perceived knowledge that each group has scum and were not random, I voted him. Of course he then voted me and then claimed RB, and OMGL hammered, several days later.

Gorrad played super scummy and I thought that fake claim was a lie. It was...but he just happen to be town.

I assume that since the other three are still missing (attic?) they wont be able to get out until they lynch one of their number.

going to read here again...
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:45 am

Post by Xtoxm »

So either OGML or CKD is scum.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:50 am

how do you figure?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:50 am

Post by Xtoxm »

he started off the day saying that he knew that both pairs of "missing" groups had one scum in them.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:51 am

he said it was mostly a guess, but he also said he was the RB, selective reading?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:53 am

Post by Xtoxm »

You didn't say it was mostly a guess in your first post. Shouldn't have left it out. No, not selective reading, it wasn't there at all.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:54 am

Post by Xtoxm »

And him claiming RB (presumably roleblocker?) - All it says is innocent. he could have been telling the truth. And even if he wasn't it doesn't mean he's lying about that.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:56 am

He also said he was the RB...(selective reading)

well, he started off implying that each group must have one scum in it...when I pressed him about it, he said it was bascially a guess, but that it made the most since...the point is, he acted like he had prior knowledge, that is why I thought he was scum...that and the RB claim.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:58 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Yeh so he said he was RB, what's that got to do with it?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”