California Trilogy - Going to San Francisco (Game Over!)

Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #1175 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:43 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Deadline:
Approximately 13.5 hours from this post.

Vote Count:
5 to lynch.

MrBuddyLee: 3 (curiouskarmadog, MichelSableheart, Thesp)
MichelSableheart: 2 (MrBuddyLee, Rogueben)
Thesp: 1 (destructor)
Rogueben: 1 (Gaspar)

Current Condorcet Winner:
MrBuddyLee

To view the complete table of pairwise results, put this information in this form.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #1176 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:01 pm

Post by Thesp »

Super happy with my vote. He's clearly stalling either way - on the off chance he's actually telling the truth, it is beyond terrible play to let him live. (See Gaspar's play in the last game for an example of someone who was perceived to not be a threat to the town being let live, and here MBL is
claiming to be a threat to the town
.)

Why is anyone voting otherwise?
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1177 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:25 pm

Post by Rogueben »

I see no reason why we should keep claimed scum alive. I also see no reason why we should go along with this "plan" of his. Add to that the fact that he didn't give his secret word which CKD asked for several times.

Vote: MBL
Currently busy 7 days a week. Will post regularly though.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1178 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:03 pm

Post by destructor »

While I find the idea of having suspects taken out at night alluring, that's really me being lazy. I'm willing to let MBL be lynched. He withheld a lot of info when he claimed too, like
who
he actually killed and what he knew about the basement.

He could be lying about what he's told us, but a 4-player scumteam plus a serial killer seems balanced in a 21 player game.

I would have liked Gaspar to respond to my question about Michel's claim first, but since the day's almost up, here's why I think the "no night actions" thing is a nulltell:
The sample role PM in the rules post wrote:Abilities: You have no night abilities.
So yeah, that's not info Michel could only have gotten from his role PM.

Also, Michel, as of Post 1140, I've read every post of this game. Why would you say I haven't been scum-hunting but appearing to be? I don't think I've been particularly low on content, either.

I'm unvoting to avoid any psycho deadline shenanigans.

Unvote
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1179 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:48 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Oh, and Xtoxm: unless you have very strong evidence, please don't make the ridiculous assumption that the Zodiac Killer is town.
I'm not. I'm saying on the off chance that it's the case.

But whatever, clearly this day is going no-where else, so I will hammer.

vote MBL
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #1180 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:08 pm

Post by Mr. Grey »

Final Vote Count:
5 to lynch.

MrBuddyLee: 5 (curiouskarmadog, MichelSableheart, Rogueben, Thesp, Xtoxm/MeMe)

MichelSableheart: 1 (MrBuddyLee)
Rogueben: 1 (Gaspar)

To view the complete table of pairwise results, put this information in this form.
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #1181 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:10 pm

Post by Mr. Grey »

Silent House

"Lonely as a cloud
In the Golden State
'The coldest winter that I ever saw
Was the summer that I spent...'"

Evening approaches again, and the remaining guests have reached a consensus. Much to everyone's chagrin (except for "MrBuddyLee", of course), they can't see any means to take another life - the rope is missing. In its place, however, is a bell. Curiosity eventually wins out, and they ring it.

Three large dogs bound into the room, slobbering all over the floor and looking for food. Not finding any, they sniff around the room until Mr. Grey enters behind them.

"Rather cruel, isn't it? Ringing the bell, and you've nothing for them to eat. Well then. MrBuddyLee... interesting pseudonym you have there. Not your true name, of course. And it's not Delf, either. Or Delp. You've certainly brought your alibis to the party, haven't you."

As Mr. Grey speaks, the dogs seem to hone in on the target of his voice. They approach closer, still sniffing, their lips starting to curl up to bare sharp, pointy teeth.

"And then you claim to be a serial killer? Another lie, closer, admitting you are evil, but the truth is far worse..."

The dogs growl menacingly.

"You, my dear... are another one of those blasted country singers."

He points, and the dogs pounce, as "MrBuddyLee" shrieks.

MrBuddyLee (Martie Maguire, SCAPE) has been lynched. It is Night 5. Deadline for choices is 12:00 GMT Tuesday.
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #1182 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:53 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Evil Ways

"It's sad, oh, there's been mornings out on the road,
Without you, without your charms
Ohh, my, my, my..."

"Good morning, friends. I have good news, and I have bad news, and..."

"We want to hear the bad news first."

"Actually, that's not what I was going to ask. Would you prefer to hear the news from me, or from my assistant?"

The guests are intrigued by this, as they haven't heard the assistant speak. They might also suspect this is a ploy to allow the narrator to write something silly, but if any of them have broken the fourth wall in their minds, they aren't sharing it with the rest of the group.

"He's a bit shy. Has trouble thinking of words sometimes. He'll get stuck looking for a noun, or an adverb, or whatever, and then suddenly a word will pop out as if being spoken by another voice. I think he might be crazy. And I think the other voice is female. But never mind. Here we go..."

"Good...
blood
, everyone. I have bad news and good
shoe
, to give you
sillily
. MichelSableheart was found murdered. He choked to death on a
sanitary
poulet
. Also, Rogueben was found
fluffy
. And dead. I'm a
Virgo
, and I like
standing under the mistletoe
. Mr. Grey wants me to
dance with
the bodies later.
Eleven
times."

"That's not what I said! Really, you've got to get that whole speaking thing sorted out. I think that's enough out of you. You've got plenty of work to do. Polish the mirrors on the ceiling, and makes sure you vacuum the master's chambers. There's a good lad. Well, then, I will leave you to it. Only a quarter of the original group left here, now. Sad, but exciting somehow, no?"

MichelSableheart (Carlos Santana, Innocent) and Rogueben (Barry Bonds, SCAPE) have been murdered. It is Day 6. With 5 present, it will take 3 votes to lynch before the deadline, which is two weeks from this post.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1183 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:51 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Hmm, a little surprised to see RB turn up SCAPE.

2 murders this night, i'm guessing MS is a SCAPE kill this time.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1184 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:53 am

Post by Xtoxm »

curiouskarmadog
destructor, replacing LoudmouthLee N2, SensFan D2
Gaspar
Thesp
Xtoxm
Wow, just checked the alive list and a little surprised to see only the 5 of us.

So we probably have one SCAPE left I guess, and possibly an SK.

Interesting note, I just checked out Barry Bonds on Wiki, and he doesn't seem to be related to the Dixie Chicks, however he is linked to BALCO.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1185 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:56 am

Post by Xtoxm »

I think it's strange that 2 people are still missing. Town has gotten really small now. I think that the last SCAPE is either destructor or in the 2 missing people.

What do people think of a massclaim at this point? I think town has gotten quite small and it would be beneficial...I dunno.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1186 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:17 pm

Post by destructor »

Well, for starters, I no longer think Gaspar was bussing FL. LOL

Xtox, I asked if you could post a case against me yesterday. I'm going to ask again, since you're still saying you think I'm scum.
Xtoxm wrote:So we probably have one SCAPE left I guess, and possibly an SK.
Why not just a SK? Why do you think we've still got SCAPE in the game? Why did you keep entertaining the idea that the Zodiac Killer could be town?

I'm also curious about the two that are still missing. What are the implications of them being unable to vote and us being in possible lylo? I don't think this is the case, but one more night could do it.

It seems to me that scum have safe claims, since neither Niv or MBL were counterclaimed, so I'm sceptical of how useful a massclaim could be. I don't see a point in doing it unless it is enough of a benefit to the town to make up for the info it gives to whatever scum we have left.

Thesp, you were substantially suspicious of ckd yesterday. Gaspar, Xtoxm and I haven't been on your condorcet since Apr 28. What do you think about our alignments now?

Gaspar, the reason I asked the question you FOS'd me for was to see if you saw any other connections between players. As for that post I said made me think Niv and Rogueben weren't scum together, I think this was it. I know that seems sort of weak given how elaborately I thought your bussing would be, but I dunno, I guess I would expect such a gambit from you more than Rogueben. I don't think you're scum anymore.

ckd, I need to reread you.

I'm not even sure I want to vote today.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1187 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:14 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

well, we had two murders last night...A mafia group of 5 and a SK is not that far fetched. I am going to reread a bit, but putting a strong focus on voting patterns..

Gaspar, you have stuck up for X, I thought originally when you did this, it was because you either had some sort of investigation on him or you were masons of some type. I didnt press it any further, because I thought you were indicating that. Yesterday, you mentioned you were not as sure, which eliminated the mason bit. I think it is important to know if there is some reason youare stating this, or if this is just a read you are getting off him.

Des, I think I might be missing something, why do you no longer think Gaspar was bussing FL?

I am also VERY interested in Thesp's thoughts today (considering the MBL did flip SCAPE and not the SK/ZK)
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1188 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:25 am

Post by destructor »

Well, if he was SCAPE, he'd have been bussing Rogueben as well. I'm invoking Occam's Razor here.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1189 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:28 am

meh....if you say so. it was a safe vote at that point....but he could have easily jumped on the MBL wagon last second (like I think X did, going to have to review it) to try to buy town creds if he was SCAPE
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1190 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:30 am

my point if missed, is you probably are right..but that only clears (some what) him of being SCAPE.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1191 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:34 am

Post by destructor »

It wasn't just his vote, though. He also wrote a polite letter to the Zodiac Killer asking him to kill Rogueben.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1192 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:35 am

I am also going to give out this information..I dont know if it helps or is useful...I dont know if it is flavor or not, but it is information...and it considers the missing two (I think)

I strongly believe that the Nibbler Twins' body had been dead longer than when we discovered it.

I dont know how much longer but I took that to mean that he died before Night 3 (we found his body Day 4).
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1193 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:18 am

Post by Xtoxm »

The way you think i'm scum is annoying because you have me convinced you are town...
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1194 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:20 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Why not just a SK?
You think there are only gonna be 4 scum in a game this big?
Why do you think we've still got SCAPE in the game?
Because a scum group 5 looks right for a game this size...
Why did you keep entertaining the idea that the Zodiac Killer could be town?
Should I be discarding it? Why wouldn't he be town?
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1195 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:38 am

Post by destructor »

Given the basement scenario and other missing players, I think a 4 player scum team is viable. There have never been more than 15 players "alive and present". I think a 4 player scum team could be appropriate.

Unless you have information that suggests other, which I believe you've even said you don't, there's no good reason to assume the ZK is town,
especially
because we had a
pro-town investigative
role that looked for him. Do you think a pro-town investigator would be able to find pro-town vig?

And still no case? The only reason I'm pushing you for this is that we're way too late in the game to be able to accept suspicion and cases based on vibes or whims, and based on what you've actually said about me, I have no reason to think your suspicion of me is anything more than that. You've never really taken a substantiated stance on anything either. I'd like to see you do that.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1196 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:44 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Well, I don't have a brilliant case against you, i'm just saying if there's scum left among us 5, I think it's most likely you.
Do you think a pro-town investigator would be able to find pro-town vig?
Yes, perhaps. I find it very hard to believe a lone SK would have this protown investigator on his back, when it's already damned near impossible for him to win.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1197 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:29 am

Post by Xtoxm »

I think today could be well spent trying to figure out how to get the missing people unmissing...But I dunno how...
Given the basement scenario and other missing players, I think a 4 player scum team is viable. There have never been more than 15 players "alive and present". I think a 4 player scum team could be appropriate.
I doubt it. They are still in the game. They must be able to make an impact somehow...Plus, 3 of them did return...Well, kinda 3.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1198 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:18 am

Post by destructor »

Xtoxm wrote:Well, I don't have a brilliant case against you, i'm just saying if there's scum left among us 5, I think it's most likely you.
And I'm asking why. You've never explained it.
Xtoxm wrote:Yes, perhaps. I find it very hard to believe a lone SK would have this protown investigator on his back, when it's already damned near impossible for him to win.
Eh, there's no doubting a SK has to work hard to win, but this is a big call to make without knowing the specifics of the setup. I don't think a SK-Cop is unheard of either. If the SK is unnightkillable, being entirely investigation immune too is arguably overpowering.

So, if the ZK is town, you think Nab's role was nothing but a red-herring that served little purpose but to totally throw the town off?
Xtoxm wrote:I doubt it. They are still in the game. They must be able to make an impact somehow...Plus, 3 of them did return...Well, kinda 3.
But they can't vote. I don't mean to rule 5 out at all, but unless we see a reason to think otherwise, I'm not sure that hunting for an enemy that may not exist is a good idea. 4 just seems about right to me.

I also have no idea how the missing players have been or are influencing the game, if at all.

Where are Gaspar and Thesp?
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1199 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:31 am

Post by Xtoxm »

So, if the ZK is town, you think Nab's role was nothing but a red-herring that served little purpose but to totally throw the town off?
Very possible. Notice how there were red herrings in the other games, and looks like secret words might well be here too. Mr. Grey likes red herrings...

Thesp has updated the open game list for quite a while now. He'll get replaced soon if he doesn't show...
But they can't vote. I don't mean to rule 5 out at all, but unless we see a reason to think otherwise, I'm not sure that hunting for an enemy that may not exist is a good idea. 4 just seems about right to me.
Well...I disagree.
And I'm asking why. You've never explained it.
I gave reasons for why I voted you yesterday. Now it's mainly because I find all the others suffieciently pro-town that if there's a scum among us I get the idea it's you...

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”