California Trilogy - Going to San Francisco (Game Over!)

Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:44 am

Post by Thesp »

curiouskarmadog wrote:Now you are adding reasons to the why you think I am scummy. Why couldnt you just say this when I asked you the first time? Why did I have to press you for it? If you think I am scummy, dont you want the whole town to know why? Why did I have to ask you 4 times to give out this information?
1. I generally think cases are a waste of time - they're disproportionately asked for by scum who are looking for any opportunity to "refute" cases against them.
2. Sure. I'll be happy to lay into you more after your buddy MBL is lynched. I think his lynch is more important right now.
3. I could have sworn I'd mentioned before that, in part, I wanted to see your reaction when I gave you nothing. I'm quite satisfied with the usefulness of the response.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:48 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

wow..really? "usefulness of the response"?

here is somemore usefulness for you

I must be scum now.

vote Thesp
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:00 am

Post by Thesp »

curiouskarmadog wrote:wow..really? "usefulness of the response"?

here is somemore usefulness for you

I must be scum now.
You were scum before now, we've only just discovered it now.

Also, please stop trying to derail the MBL lynch, kthxbai.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:07 am

you keep thinking that.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:47 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Vote Count:
5 to lynch.

MrBuddyLee: 3 (MichelSableheart, Thesp, Xtoxm/MeMe)
MichelSableheart: 1 (Rogueben)
Rogueben: 1 (Gaspar)
Thesp: 1 (curiouskarmadog)

Current Condorcet Winner:
MrBuddyLee

To view the complete table of pairwise results, put this information in this form.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:08 pm

Post by destructor »

Gaspar wrote:
destructor wrote:And what do you mean by saying MBL obfuscates the truth? You're saying he'd overtly imply that he didn't have a result when he really did?
I see that as being entirely reasonable coming from MBL. Hell, I'd probably do the same thing if I felt I had come across as being entirely too obvious -- which is what I had gathered from MBL as is.
Am I the only one who finds this completely counter-intuitive? After thinking someone is an investigator with a guilty result and voting accordingly, it's reasonable to ignore something they say that directly contradicts this? What?!

@ MBL
-
Would
you do that as an investigative role? Do you think Glork's claimed meta on your is accurate in this regard?

I'd ask a similar question to everyone else who's got Gaspar in their town list, in particular, Thesp and Michel.

MeMe (Xtoxm), what do you make of this?
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:19 am

Post by MichelSableheart »

Gaspar, are you really going to help MBL become the second most popular lynch candidate for the fourth time in a row?

Destructor, if Gaspar originally voted on the assumption that MBL had info, Gaspar ignoring that line is not unreasonable. After all, I've heard MBL make the remark "I don't think the mod would do that" to mean "I think a player would". He could easily have made his remark "I don't think that has happened yet" refer to "dig yourself out of a hole with the truth" instead of to the investigation.
There is no 'a' in Michel.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:30 am

still waiting for MBL to respond...NOW
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:05 am

curiouskarmadog wrote:still waiting for MBL to respond...NOW
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:09 am

Post by destructor »

Yeah. I was wondering what was up with the complete silence. I'm still very interested in hearing from Thesp and MeMe what they think of Gaspar's take on MBL. I'd also like MBL to comment on said meta.
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:45 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Deadline:
Approximately 64 hours from this post.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:25 am

I got a prod, though I am the only one (or two) who has posted here. Not liking Thesp, MS, or MBL...what MBL to answer my question before the day runs out, but it appears that he is just going to lurk till deadline.

is that 25 words?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:31 am

Post by MeMe »

I've been without internet all day today -- well, more exactly, without an internet CONNECTION because AT&T blocked my account. Because I was delinquent in payment? No. Because I was using the internet for sordid or illegal activity? No. Because I signed up to pay online with a different login than the login on my at&t email account? Yes.

Six hours on the phone later (you read that right -- it's SIX), I've got internet again because that's how long it took one of the total of five tech support dudes to finally say "oh! we should make those two names match!" Magic.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:11 pm

Post by MichelSableheart »

I agree, it really seems like MBL is going to lurk to deadline again. His "please wait with lynching me till we've had more discussion" is well and all, but it really seems that was only to make sure an alternative would crop up. I highly doubt there will be any more informative posts from him.
There is no 'a' in Michel.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:23 pm

Post by destructor »

Yep. Feels like he's stalling.

MeMe, did you miss my post?
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:35 pm

Post by destructor »

Thesp in Post 560 wrote:
MichelSableheart wrote:Can you explain to me how I could possibly have reached a FaerieLord condorcet lynch? Don't blame me for not achieving the impossible.
You posted 36 hours before the deadline (posting twice in the days afterwards), putting M-M above FaerieLord, making it more difficult for anyone but M-M to be lynched. To suggest you could have done nothing to push FaerieLord towards the lynch is disingenuous
at best
, and an outright falsehood at worst.
I think Gaspar was equally guilty of this. He did make a damning case against FL, though. Thesp, do you think it's possible that Gaspar was distancing from FL?
MichelSableheart wrote:It seems I was wrong about OGML - CKD. I really expected that, after they had lynched Gorrad, they had become masons, which would explain their defense of each other. However, with OGML claiming no power, that theory was obviously wrong.
I don't buy this.

Having read the rest of Day 2, I'm inclined not to believe Gaspar about MBL. The whole thing is too convenient for him. His excuse for voting OGML-town is thinking MBL had an investigation, and even if MBL had said he wasn't a Cop, Gaspar would have stuck with it because that's apparently MBL's meta? That's too ridiculous. I can't imagine voting a player in those circumstances. I'm not buying it.

I think Thesp is being irrationally lenient towards Michel's role claim. Same goes for Gaspar. I think I have a pretty good reason to believe something is really fishy there. Rather than it implicating Michel, I think it doesn't reflect well on either Thesp or Gaspar.

I think Thesp and Gaspar have been avoid the thread about as much as MBL the last few days. That said, MBL's absence seems only to serve in stifling discussion, so I wouldn't be surprised if he was scum anyway. I could see Thesp and/or Gaspar being part of a rival scum faction.

What do people think about Xtox being the Zodiac Killer?

Vote: Thesp
, MBL, Gaspar, MichelSableheart, Xtoxm
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:00 am

Post by Thesp »

destructor wrote:
Gaspar wrote:
destructor wrote:And what do you mean by saying MBL obfuscates the truth? You're saying he'd overtly imply that he didn't have a result when he really did?
I see that as being entirely reasonable coming from MBL. Hell, I'd probably do the same thing if I felt I had come across as being entirely too obvious -- which is what I had gathered from MBL as is.
Am I the only one who finds this completely counter-intuitive? After thinking someone is an investigator with a guilty result and voting accordingly, it's reasonable to ignore something they say that directly contradicts this? What?!

@ MBL
-
Would
you do that as an investigative role? Do you think Glork's claimed meta on your is accurate in this regard?
It doesn't seem unreasonable at all - I'm also a big proponent of unreadability as town. Scum are trying to power-role-hunt, and you don't want to provide them information if at all possible. (For example, in one game I was able to accurately predict Internet Stanger as a doctor based on what he
didn't
say about some role-related discussion. Town doesn't want to give away what their abilities, and in particular townies want to make the scum
think
they have abilities (as the best thing a townie can do is get nightkilled by scum while a useful ability remains alive). I don't think Gaspar's approach here is unreasonable in the least.

I agree with the obvious sentiment that MrBuddyLee is going to be unhelpful until the deadline again.
destructor wrote:
Thesp wrote:
MichelSableheart wrote:Can you explain to me how I could possibly have reached a FaerieLord condorcet lynch? Don't blame me for not achieving the impossible.
You posted 36 hours before the deadline (posting twice in the days afterwards), putting M-M above FaerieLord, making it more difficult for anyone but M-M to be lynched. To suggest you could have done nothing to push FaerieLord towards the lynch is disingenuous at best, and an outright falsehood at worst.
I think Gaspar was equally guilty of this. He did make a damning case against FL, though. Thesp, do you think it's possible that Gaspar was distancing from FL?
Looking back, I'm not sure he was "equally guilty of this" - he did flip his condorcet back to having FaerieLord over both (which is where his vote ended). As far as distancing goes, it would be highly unusual here - he calls serious attention on a player who hasn't gotten a lot, at a time when another SCAPE player has some significant attention. If Gaspar is SCAPE, he's got more ample opportunity to bus Niv, and it seems awkward for him to go after FaerieLord here. It's not impossible for him to have done so, but when it comes to bussing theories, I think they get overplayed to the detriment of good scumhunting - it looks far more like uncovering scum than taking a partner out.
destructor wrote:I think Thesp is being irrationally lenient towards Michel's role claim.
I see you never commented on MichelSableheart's claim yourself. What do you think of it? I'd like to see specific comment regarding his implied day ability he initially asserted.

Needs moar MBL death. Let's not take our eyes off the prize, folks.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:23 am

Post by Rogueben »

I'm posting now to avoid a strike. I'll be able to post more tomorrow (or possibly tonight). If I see nothing from MBL I will be moving my vote there as this stalling is very suspicious.
Currently busy 7 days a week. Will post regularly though.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:43 am

Post by Thesp »

Rogueben wrote:I'm posting now to avoid a strike. I'll be able to post more tomorrow (or possibly tonight). If I see nothing from MBL I will be moving my vote there as this stalling is very suspicious.
His stalling is suspicious? What about the rest of his play?

You also have yet to post on MS's claim, what's up with that?
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:00 am

Post by Gaspar »

Dear killer person,

PLEASE kill Rogueben tonight. Please? Pretty, pretty please? Rogueben is so obviously scum at this point, it's not even funny. If you really are a Vigilante, you're doing us all a favor by offing Rogueben tonight. I promise.

:D

XOXO,
Glorkspar
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:07 am

Post by destructor »

Thesp wrote:It doesn't seem unreasonable at all - I'm also a big proponent of unreadability as town. Scum are trying to power-role-hunt, and you don't want to provide them information if at all possible. (For example, in one game I was able to accurately predict Internet Stanger as a doctor based on what he
didn't
say about some role-related discussion. Town doesn't want to give away what their abilities, and in particular townies want to make the scum
think
they have abilities (as the best thing a townie can do is get nightkilled by scum while a useful ability remains alive). I don't think Gaspar's approach here is unreasonable in the least.
Ok, reflecting on a past game, I might concede a bit on that point, but I feel it's purely a metagame factor. It's still kind of backward, more so because Gaspar essentially based his entire read of OGML on it. It looks like an easy way to clean one's hands of responsibility, which is lazy for town and wonderfully opportune for scum.
Thesp wrote:Looking back, I'm not sure he was "equally guilty of this" - he did flip his condorcet back to having FaerieLord over both (which is where his vote ended).
I think his change back to FL came too late to have lead to a lynch. My feeling on this comes more from the fact that FL wasn't that far behind MM at the time (1 vote, I think) he switched in the first place. Posting his case against FL at that point probably would have been more effective.
Thesp wrote:As far as distancing goes, it would be highly unusual here - he calls serious attention on a player who hasn't gotten a lot, at a time when another SCAPE player has some significant attention. If Gaspar is SCAPE, he's got more ample opportunity to bus Niv, and it seems awkward for him to go after FaerieLord here.
Gaspar gave Niv a pass and I believe it was largely based on FL being revealed as scum.
Thesp wrote:It's not impossible for him to have done so, but when it comes to bussing theories, I think they get overplayed to the detriment of good scumhunting - it looks far more like uncovering scum than taking a partner out.
Sure, if it was bussing it was hardcore. But possibly distancing isn't the only gripe I've got with Gaspar.
Thesp wrote:I see you never commented on MichelSableheart's claim yourself. What do you think of it? I'd like to see specific comment regarding his implied day ability he initially asserted.
I think that's a null tell, and with good reason. I don't believe he actually implied that he had a day ability, but only that he may have one. I thought dwelling on that was getting superfluous, although Michel's seems to be consistently thorough and detailed. Still, if anything, it seems over-emphasised to me.

At the time he claimed, I hadn't read Day 2 or seen his hammer of OGML. I think his speculation about ckd and OGML becoming masons was a reach and feel that as scum, he was falling back on that to justify his hammer. I believe he could have faked his claim and don't believe it was enough to excuse his hammer, which is why I find your and Gaspar's backing away from Michel after his claim too generous to be completely kosher.

I've also found Michel's setup speculation iffy, generally.

Thesp, what was it that MBL said than you were refering to here:
Thesp wrote:
MichelSableheart wrote:What did MBL do to make you feel better?
He said something which is far more often said by town than by scum.
Gaspar, do you think Rogueben is SCAPE?
Do you think there are players whose deaths would be more informative than Rogueben's?
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:26 am

Post by Thesp »

Gaspar wrote:Dear killer person,

PLEASE kill Rogueben tonight. Please? Pretty, pretty please? Rogueben is so obviously scum at this point, it's not even funny. If you really are a Vigilante, you're doing us all a favor by offing Rogueben tonight. I promise.
Over curiouskarmadog? Phh.
destructor wrote:I think that's a null tell, and with good reason. I don't believe he actually implied that he had a day ability, but only that he may have one.
He stated he thought he might have one
because
his role PM
explicitly forebade night choices
. How likely is he going to imagine such a role PM,
then
fake confusion about a day ability because of it? (Keep in mind, it's almost certain that any scum will have some ability which refers to night in a manner different from how a townie's role PM does.) It's
possible
, but how
likely
is it? (Answer: Not as likely as it is for curiouskarmadog to be scum.)
destructor wrote:Thesp, what was it that MBL said than you were refering to here:
He said:
MrBuddyLee wrote:If I'm wrong, lynch me tomorrow.
Scum are less likely to use such a gambit, probably because they tend to regard their lives as more precious.

Your thoughts?
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:38 am

Post by destructor »

About MBL, I'm not sure if you're basing that tell on past experience. I think that's actually more likely to come from scum, to be honest, because it's like an emotive ploy with an overstated risk. Any good player wouldn't take someone up on such an offer for it's own sake anyway and I'm sure MBL knew this.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:43 am

Post by Thesp »

destructor wrote:About MBL, I'm not sure if you're basing that tell on past experience.
I am, perhaps my experience differs from yours.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:51 am

Post by Gaspar »

Des wrote:Gaspar, do you think Rogueben is SCAPE?
Most likely.
Des wrote:Do you think there are players whose deaths would be more informative than Rogueben's?
I'm more interested in catching scum than getting an "informative death" right now.
Strong FoS
here.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”