darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (isolation #0) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:07 pm

Post by darkdude »

As we started with a night phase, did anybody get any useful information last night?
Normal investigation roles shouldn't claim anything at the moment. And if there is a special case that would benefit us so much if someone claimed, I'm sure it would be self evident to that player.

Let's end the random voting already.

Vote: Brain of Wombat
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (isolation #1) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:52 pm

Post by darkdude »

Wombat wrote: Woah! Let's all calm down a second. That's exactly the kind of bandwagoning I was talking about.
These kinds of bandwagoning are what starts a game off. Not cop claims.
Wombat wrote: I'm just saying that, lacking any information, we should hold off on lynching anyone today, there's too much chance of us helping out the scum by lynching an innocent townie.
Does this equate to "I suggest no lynch"?
Rage wrote: Right now, you sound a lot like one of those ambiguous-alignment roles listed in one of the first posts by the mod. What I'm trying to say is, you sound like a scum version of one of those roles acting Too Townie.
What? You think you have a read on his role rather than alignment?
Rage wrote: I want a role claim.
I don't want one. Not yet.
Wombat wrote: I'm saying we should be careful not to lynch town because statistically, that's more likely - there's more of us than there are of them.
Statistically, we're always more likely to lynch town than scum unless scum outnumber us at which point we lose. And your point is?
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (isolation #2) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:57 pm

Post by darkdude »

Rage wrote:
Brain of Wombat wrote:I say it ever more earnestly now, because if this wagon keeps on rolling you actually will lynch a townie.
How do you expect us to believe you are town if townies usually are the only ones who know who they are?

And, the fact that you say this, taken out of context:
Brain of Wombat wrote:I'm saying we should be careful not to lynch town
Means to me that you are trying to say you know who town is but don't want to give away that you do.. but I don't think any scum is dumb enough to say that, which leaves me confused. If, in fact, you do not want to lynch a townie, why aren't you providing who you think is most likely to be scum?
When he's just stating the obvious, it is not necessary to attack him quote for quote...

And you admit to taking his words out of context?

Unvote: Brain of Wombat
Vote: Rage
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (isolation #3) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:21 pm

Post by darkdude »

With even number of players during Day and assuming there is 1 kill per night it is more beneficial to have one No Lynch to reduce number to odd. However this can be done any time before Lynch or Lose, so I would rather not let a townie die right now for next to no reason. Might be useful later when all of the remaining players have some sort of suspicion; their flip would grant town more information.

But the fact that there may be vigs or SK means it could screw up the even/odd numbering. As far as I can tell we're better off lynching every day.
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (isolation #4) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:00 pm

Post by darkdude »

Rage wrote:If the random voting stage is indeed over, which I firmly believe it is, then why can't I push for a role claim? Votes should no longer be useless pressure, and I am the only one pointing out what I am trying to achieve with my vote. I really don't think that warrants four quick votes on me, but I'll defend your accusations nonetheless.
darkdude wrote:
Rage wrote: Right now, you sound a lot like one of those ambiguous-alignment roles listed in one of the first posts by the mod. What I'm trying to say is, you sound like a scum version of one of those roles acting Too Townie.
What? You think you have a read on his role rather than alignment?
Yes. I don't see a strong enough reason to make me thing otherwise about why he is trying to:
a) get a cop/investigative role to claim
b) ask for a No Lynch
Well if you follow Wombat's logic here, assuming he is town then this would apply regardless of any power his role may have since he believes it is town's best chance. And if he's scum, he doesn't have to have a special power (by that I mean something other than the standard scum night kill) to try to fish out a role.

So I see no relation between his behaviour and his specific role. I can hardly say anything about his alignment due to the WIFOM. Though if anything, I am leaning slightly towards newbiness rather than scum. What is also interesting about your attack on Wombat is that you did not even acknowledge this WIFOM element; simply jumping to the conclusion that it cannot be newbiness and must be scum.

By the way, if anyone wants some meta on newbs making mistakes in early game, you can take a look at this game that I had recently. The player in question put another player at -1 to Lynch on Page 2.

http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... &&start=25
Rage wrote:Why would you focus on me taking the words out of context? You yourself read them, and I was reminding viewers of what happened. This amounts up to a very weak reason for a vote.
Well, the simple answer is that we're not just looking at the faults in Wombat that you pointed out, but also looking at how you do it, so to get a read on you. And I expect others to not only see the literal meaning in my posts criticizing you but also attempt to analyze my alignment which may be revealed by this critique. Of course, you (and most other mafia players, I hope) realize this. So your sentence which basically says "why are you asking me what I mean when I was talking about someone else" is very odd.

Now that aside, as ThAdmiral explained, taking things out of context is not a very productive thing to do since the meaning is deliberately changed. If you truly are using a quote out of context then any critique on it would be meaningless as the quote did not suggest what you are criticizing in the first place. And I agree with ThAdmiral on one more point; I do not think your were really taking Wombat out of context, but rather focusing specifically. However, what interested me was your own labeling of this action as "taking out of context". Thus I felt it necessary to question you. I expected you to immediately correct yourself, but since you do not deny you are taking it out of context, I can only conclude:

1. You are misusing the term "out of context", or;
2. You actually meant to take it out of context but did not in fact do this
Rage wrote:It being on page one should have no effect on what was said. At some point in the game we go back and review random votes, and they are on page one. Problem?
Page # is a convenient way to express how long or at what stage a game is. Granted, this should not be taken with much emphasis on its accuracy, but it is accurate to some degree. So I think what they mean here is that it's too early in the game to jump to conclusions.
Rage wrote: @Darkdude, MacavityLock, Tarballs, Korts, do you have a purpose for your votes? If so, what is it? If not, please say so.
Well I think I explained my reasons for the most part. But in addition to that, it was mainly just an opening move early in the game to get some more reactions from everyone. I do agree with ThAdmiral and Ectomancer that Tarballs didn't really seem to have a good reason to wagon on Rage, and acted overcautiously without apparent reason; I don't think hoping to avoid accidental hammer is a valid reason as it was quite obvious to me that there were only 3 votes on Rage, and at any rate there was no way he had 6 votes on him already.
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (isolation #5) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:34 pm

Post by darkdude »

Rage wrote: I am trying to relate his behavior to a section of the roles given
Please explain how it is possible to do this. As aforementioned, it seems to me his behaviour could be attributed to any type of role, vanilla or power. And even if you could, I see no reason to put this above alignment in priority, because you don't need to figure out what the scum's powers are to lynch the scum himself.
Rage wrote: This is more likely than the second option.
Uh, so which one is it?
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #49 (isolation #6) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:19 pm

Post by darkdude »

Unvote: Rage
Vote: tubby216

I have questioned Rage to my content now. Doesn't seem more likely to be scum or town at the moment; I am only wary of the way he responds to things. However so far my meta on him is saying town. To those who don't know, my good friend Rage here has had many games with me.

AFAIK tubby and gorckat are the only ones not to have posted yet.

Chuckrock has made two posts. Puta has made two posts. Neither had much to contribute.
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (isolation #7) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:10 pm

Post by darkdude »

Rage wrote: I play RL every day with darkdude, and, yes, we generally end up massclaiming when we know it's lynch or lose. However, usually anyone who asks for massclaim "too early" gets a heck of a lot of suspicion on them and then ends up being the lynch for the day. I'm not saying Brain of Wombat should be today's lynch, I'm saying I'm suspicious of him because it's behavior that I've seen scum try to pull. Along with the inclusion of roles that have an ambiguous alignment, I think Wombat's behavior, as I mentioned earlier, matches what I presume a scum's version of one of them to be. I want to hear from him to be certain of his intentions, instead of other players jetting in to say that he's just a newb and not to take his actions seriously, as though they want to defend him merely to put suspicion on me. Which is precisely what you are doing.

Now, what I mean by him being a newb not being too much of a factor about his actions so far is that would it not be easier to tell if he's a newbie scum than a newbie townie if he's asking for things a townie shouldn't be, first thing in the game? You can blame it on newbiness and say that he might have heard it done somewhere before and, thus, tried it out here, but how can you be so sure about this if 1) he hasn't said a word about it himself, and 2) He's town, and therefore has less of a chance of players sticking up for him (and if he's a mason setting up someone for starting a case on him, there's the possibility of a scum Neighbour).
Okay, first of all usual practices in face-to-face mafia is different to practices here in online mafia. For example, it's much easier to simply jump on someone and ask for a role claim when playing face-to-face; if they're scum they'll stutter or make some awkward play that will give it away. In online mafia though players have a much greater control over things. So most of the time we're looking for subconscious slips, and pressure does not work
nearly as well
as in online mafia.
Rage wrote: Now, what I mean by him being a newb not being too much of a factor about his actions so far is that would it not be easier to tell if he's a newbie scum than a newbie townie if he's asking for things a townie shouldn't be, first thing in the game? You can blame it on newbiness and say that he might have heard it done somewhere before and, thus, tried it out here, but how can you be so sure about this if 1) he hasn't said a word about it himself, and 2) He's town, and therefore has less of a chance of players sticking up for him (and if he's a mason setting up someone for starting a case on him, there's the possibility of a scum Neighbour)
Of course, bad play cannot be brushed aside but must be remembered for later. I think it is interesting that Wombat has not posted since post #24 two days ago...
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (isolation #8) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:29 pm

Post by darkdude »

I've watched a couple of games, but this is my first time playing and I didn't properly think through my first post. I'll hopefully get better as this thing goes along.

I don't want to condemn Rage for his reaction, he could have the towns best interests at heart. You were talking about me being scum, or a mason, or a scum neighbour (?) or whatever. Quite simply, I have no interaction or connection with any other players. I'm just an average townie, that's it.
Remember this, don't claim until asked to. That includes dropping hints like you just did. All it does is give scum more information to work with. Town, on the other hand, rarely benefits from it.

Seems like everyone but tubby has posted at least once. Wombat, who is your top suspect at the moment?
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (isolation #9) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:56 pm

Post by darkdude »

Puta wrote: ummm, haha BoW your post (above this one) reeks of scuminess...by asserting that you are 'both town and not a mason' ...

1) you scum
2) for all I care you might as well be scum, cause you gon' make us lose, brotha.
Please elaborate. At the moment it seems pretty much like OMGUS to me.
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (isolation #10) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:06 pm

Post by darkdude »

Not much happened yet?

Unvote: tubby216
Vote: Puta Puta
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (isolation #11) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:59 pm

Post by darkdude »

Do you realize that if your posts lack content, then you are basically lurking.
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (isolation #12) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:02 pm

Post by darkdude »

I doubt it. In any case, bringing him closer to a Lynch should teach him otherwise. If he still refuses to cooperate I think it is not a bad idea for the Lynch to fall through.
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (isolation #13) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:23 pm

Post by darkdude »

My bad, forgot to respond to Rage.

In the case of Rage vs Wombat, I definitely think it is suspicious that Rage attacked a newbie and then later backtracked saying he didn't know Wombat was new. Learning to find people's joining dates isn't hard - it's right under the avatar, and it's one of the first metas I started using when I started playing here. Lots of other players do it too, so I doubt you have not heard of this before. Even with this though, I think from what I know of Rage's meta, he is likely to be town. Rage does not pursue his cases so aggressively when he is scum, but does this all the time as town.
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (isolation #14) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:17 pm

Post by darkdude »

Reasons are helpful maybe?
I thought it was clear that I disapproved of the way he's been posting.
...I confused my roles/game with another one...opsies...anyways I have no problem with dying....
Would it be against any of the rules to tell us which game this was?
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (isolation #15) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:11 pm

Post by darkdude »

Puta, you ignored my post question.
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (isolation #16) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:23 pm

Post by darkdude »

Unfortunately though, you already told us this yourself, so anyone can do a search on this claim...
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (isolation #17) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:58 pm

Post by darkdude »

Oooh.
Now, I'm not saying I believe the "oh, that? That was meant for another game!" excuse he's got going on right now, but I don't think there's enough evidence for me to believe he's scum
If he did lie then it is likely he is scum... why would town do this and then lie about it?
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (isolation #18) » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:41 am

Post by darkdude »

Faking a PR isn't scummy, it's anti-town. Those two are not the same and anti-town shouldn't be a premise for a lynch.
Only scum and bad town players would do something obviously anti-town...so I do not see why this is not a valid reason for a Lynch.
Ecto started pushing Puta's wagon not when it was valid, but when more and more people expressed suspicion of Tarballs. Deflecting attention much?
And I could say that you and Puta are scumbuddies as well. Connections between players are hardly evidence until one of their alignments are revealed.

I just really don't like what Puta's been doing. First he makes some cryptic contentless posts, then backtracks saying it was a mistake...and now he's being suicidal. I mean, I can understand one or two posts made in a wrong game thread, but an entire set of Shakespeare? I count 7 posts with no content and just quotes...for sure any normal player would have noticed that? I don't buy it.
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (isolation #19) » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:05 pm

Post by darkdude »

Also I think you are lying. And the likelihood of you being jester is minimal since you passed on what (you thought) was a chance to self-lynch, so I'm definitely happy with you dying.
If there is a jester in closed setup then it is bastard modding. Not much can be done about that, so we shouldn't worry about it.

However, I find the fact that you keep pointing out the possibility of jester (this is the second time, I believe) to be more interesting. It doesn't do anything other than to make town potentially hesitate a lynch.
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (isolation #20) » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:05 pm

Post by darkdude »

Real question to me or are you expressing dissatisfaction?
Yeah, it is a question.
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (isolation #21) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:22 pm

Post by darkdude »

People: Have you actually read post #2? That tells us all the possible roles that may exist in this game, and I certainly can't find a Jester from that list. Even thinking about the possibility of a Jester is totally useless.
I can't believe how stupid I was :-P. Didn't think of that while I was criticizing ThAdmiral.
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (isolation #22) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:29 pm

Post by darkdude »

Rage wrote: I'm not 100% positive that he's scum. More like 70%-80% sure.
Then I assume you are >80% sure that Tarballs is scum?
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (isolation #23) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:15 pm

Post by darkdude »

My second mention of it was basically putting that idea to rest. Are you seriously trying to suggest I am attempting to prevent a puta lynch?
I'm not on that one any more since I see now that it's easy to miss these things. :-P But I'll keep in mind that you did bring it up.
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (isolation #24) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:49 am

Post by darkdude »

mod: will you consider modkilling Puta Puta for breaking site rules?
Wouldn't this hint to what his win condition is, which would condemn/confirm him in a way that he shouldn't be?
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (isolation #25) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:54 am

Post by darkdude »

deliberately playing in a way that may well get you lynched
If he thinks WIFOM can save his ass, it's still a valid scum strategy in his opinion. Next thing you know, we'll be asking the mod to remove players for bad play.
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (isolation #26) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:07 pm

Post by darkdude »

I'm going to reread soon and try to see Kort's points. At the moment I'm not sure what to make of them, and the switch to MacavityLock as suspect. But I'm extremely busy right now, so unfortunately this will have to wait.

In case anyone wanted to know, I'm still supporting a Puta lynch today.
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (isolation #27) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:03 pm

Post by darkdude »

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... c&&start=0

this, probably.

I looked it over and can't find anything. Like I said I don't have that much time on my hands right now so I'll leave this for the puzzle solvers here...
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (isolation #28) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:04 pm

Post by darkdude »

lol I just noticed that player post display does not give a linkable url.
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (isolation #29) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:09 am

Post by darkdude »

Sorry guys, I'm still a bit busy. Will try to post my thoughts later tonight.
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (isolation #30) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:21 pm

Post by darkdude »

Okay, so Macavity gets killed and Korts immediately tells everyone he thinks it could be a vig kill. That sounds WAY off to me. Sure, going back, it does seem that his comment is supported by his attacks against Macavity yesterday, but as far as I can tell he was pretty much alone and there never was a notable amount of suspicion on Macavity from the town in general. I do not see why a vig would kill him.

Am I missing something here? I do not see why we're even discussing the possibility of vig kill and scum being blocked etc. Wouldn't it be most logical to assume that was our scum kill for the night?

Right now it seems plausible that Korts was attempting to set up a vig claim.
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (isolation #31) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:29 pm

Post by darkdude »

Also, a couple of other things:
Rage wrote: I'm also going to do a reread of all of Puta's posts to see if he left any hints/clues as to who he investigated and it's result.
No use. He was amnesiac cop. Which reminds me...

It seems like we should have someone here with his Night 0 result, unless it was Macavity. Needless to say, if it is scum, the person should come out immediately. But what is optimal move if result is town? I was just about to write "don't say anything unless that player is about to be lynched", but then remembered that this information may get lost if the player dies before saying it... so maybe breadcrumb first, and then reveal it when player number in the game lowers to have a large enough impact?
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (isolation #32) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:18 pm

Post by darkdude »

He chooses someone to investigate but he does not get the result. Instead, the result is sent to a player of his choosing.
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (isolation #33) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:52 am

Post by darkdude »

darkdude, I'm fairly sure I wasn't the only one who raised points against Macavity. Ecto and ThAdmiral spring to mind.
Yes, after checking again Ecto did direct some fire against him. Not the case for ThAdmiral though.

Still, I do not see why it would be a vig kill. No one died on Night 0, so that would make two nights without scum night kill? I don't see it...
Ecto wrote: We had a gun inventor. It seems plausible to me that he would have given his gun away n0 and also (by my mod list of actions), he would have given another on n1 if he could give one away every night.
The presence of vigs do not suggest that it was a vig kill. We also know that we have scum in the game. Why would it be more likely the scum failed to kill and the vig did?
I dont think stifling conversation about it is useful
When "this looks like a vig kill" was raised, two things came to mind immediately:

1. Attempt to set up vig claim
2. Attempt to fish out vig

Discussing whether it was a vig kill and why it was done didn't seem that productive to me. What exactly could we achieve by doing so?
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (isolation #34) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:17 pm

Post by darkdude »

plausible=/=most likely
I was commenting on what ecto was referring to, which was originally yourself saying that it is likely a vig kill. Anyways, if there is use for discussion, on whether this was or was not vig kill, then go for it, but 1) I think it is 90% chance of being a scum NK and 2) I don't think this discussion will be particularly useful.
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (isolation #35) » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:25 pm

Post by darkdude »

Ectomancer wrote:
Ectomancer wrote:A couple possibilities for what happened last night. My questions would be, does a player have to use what the inventor gave them that night, or
can
they wait or do they
have
to wait until the following night to use it?

If that was a 1 shot vig, then scum was either role or doc blocked.

If there is someone hanging out with a gun, then that was scum's target last night.

I also think we dont know whether town or scum was the recipient of the gun inventor.
vote Darkdude

As Korts pointed out, his response to my statement did not equate to what I said. He even went as far as to ask why it would be more likely that last night's kill was a vig kill. Well, I didn't say that. It looks to me in that paragraph quoted above that I listed the possibilities with pretty much equal weight.
Darkdude then goes on and attempts to stifle conversation about the event. Why?
If he was the Vig, his kill is used, he is back to whatever he was, and he has a bit of an alibi of what he was doing that night.
If he is one of the roles that performed an action that could incriminate or validate someone involved with the death, you would want people talking about the event, hoping for that "ahah! I got you!" moment.
But if he is scum, there are a number of reasons he might not want us to talk about it. There are yet roles available that could have thrown in a wrench somewhere.
Funny thing is, I'm not as concerned about discussing it so much today anymore. Let anyone with a gun do what they will, so scum has no idea. They could have scum roleblockers, etc.
No, I'm much more concerned about motivations today. I think Darkdude's actions usually come from bad guys. Bad guys need to be lynched...or shot...but better lynched. We dont want a mafia doc to get the chance at blocking those one shot guns.
Still dont believe that Darkdude is scum?
Then tell me why he would discourage discussion about one of our discoveries (the gun inventor), yet encourage discussion about our amnesiac cop. He even goes so far as to
ask the recipient of the message to breadcrumb!
So you can kill him tonight before he reveals the only result we might have? (assuming puta puta even sent in a name) If he is going to breadcrumb, just come out with the result now, and at least we get something. Someone will be forced to declare another player either town or scum, and if that other player dies, and it turns up wrong, it incriminates the first player.
I don't get it. It seemed pretty clear to me that you guys were implying it was likely a vig kill since you're so eager to discuss it. What is the use of discussion if a vig kill is only plausible but not likely? Perhaps in this case I have made an incorrect assumption, but I do not think that it is unreasonable. Are you saying that you hoped to discuss whether or not it was a vig kill knowing that it was unlikely to be one?

Stifling the conversation...well I do not think the discussion is productive, and seemed like a distraction. First of all, because I think it is unlikely to be a vig kill, we should assume it is scum NK unless there is greater evidence for the vig theory. Second, it does not seem like there would be any hard evidence. Like I have said on the first day, if there is something to be revealed I am sure it would be self evident for that player. We need not a discussion to encourage that, and any words of mine should not stop anyone if that is the obvious play. I am against what I see as a discussion that would be inconclusive and only serve as distraction, while providing room for scum to peak at the intentions of the players.

I do not see the need for any power roles to discuss what to do in order to play optimally. After all, the point of vig is to act without the baggage that comes with lynches. You should see this, as your statement "Let anyone with a gun do what they will, so scum has no idea." is correct.

I would like you to give specific reasons as to why scum would want to cover this up in the case of it being a vig kill or a scum kill.

About the amnesiac cop, it would seem that you are the one who has misread this time. I was hoping to discuss what the optimal play would be since I was not sure what it was. I did not ask anyone to breadcrumb, as I was not sure if it would work. This discussion IMHO is much more useful because we are sure that unless it was Macavity or the scum, one of us would have to do something about this result.
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (isolation #36) » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:26 pm

Post by darkdude »

scum to
peek
at the intentions of the players
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #290 (isolation #37) » Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:58 am

Post by darkdude »

I really hope you guys are reading what I wrote... because I get the impression that you didn't.
ThAdmiral wrote:This is the best bit.

I'm going to vote: darkdude as well.
I trust that this means my reply to it did not satisfy you?
Rage wrote:what do you guys think? I've noticed neither of you have said anything about this and chose to discuss, about not discussing, the "vig kill". 'Sup with that?

Regarding darkdude, you said you would post your thoughts later. Have you had time to gather 'em up?
I don't know what to do about him. I still get newbie vibe, but bringing up a "joke" without making himself obvious was not a smart thing to do.

And, I reread the stuff on Day 1 and concluded that Macavity is most likely victim of scum kill...
Korts wrote:I don't see how it's harmful in any way to discuss our possibilities.
I just said, I thought scum might try to set up a vig claim or try to fish out the vig. That's what's harmful about it.
Korts wrote:Then how come I don't see you pushing another line of discussion? You seem eager to explain how discussing a vigkill is unproductive, but you don't offer any alternative. How is that consistent with the thoughts you are trying to get through?
Funny. Do you not recall Ecto falsely accusing me of asking for breadcrumbs? That was me trying to discuss what a player should do if they have the investigation result from our amnesiac cop. Please read my posts again.
Stop right there. Just because you have a differentiating opinion, you say that we should stop assuming anything else than you are?
Obviously if I believe I am correct I will try to talk others into believing it too. What are you implying?
And we have never imlied that we want hard evidence. Your point with this comment?
Point: Discussion will hardly reveal anything new and the power roles should already know what to do anyways.
The majority of discussions that implicate players and lead to town forming an opinion to their alignments are inconclusive. There (almost) never is hard evidence through discussion only. Also, scum may indeed peek at the intentions of players, but they also would need to take a stance that they can be held to later on.
Fair enough. I don't know if that outweighs the risks but why would you not explain the pros of this discussion first before saying that my actions are anti-town?
ROLEFISHING ALERT

MAN YOUR STATIONS

THIS IS NOT A DRILL
Didn't Wombat claim already?
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (isolation #38) » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:35 am

Post by darkdude »

Ecto wrote: Yeah, you did. See bolded below.
See bolded below.
I wrote: It seems like we should have someone here with his Night 0 result, unless it was Macavity. Needless to say, if it is scum, the person should come out immediately.
But what is optimal move if result is town?
I was just about to write "don't say anything unless that player is about to be lynched", but then remembered that this information may get lost if the player dies before saying it... so maybe breadcrumb first, and then reveal it when player number in the game lowers to have a large enough impact?
Clearly the "maybe breadcrumb" part is my thoughts on what may be best. I was looking for what other players thought. I merely suggested that breadcrumbing could be a way to deal with this. You claimed that I ASKED for the person to breadcrumb, which is not the case here.
Ecto wrote:When player numbers lower? Like when the guy who breadcrumbed is dead?
This is just being nonsensical...
Coupled with this,
Your case is weak next to mine Rage. Vote Darkdude. He is scum. He attempts to blatantly manipulate the conversation to only include the part he finds relevant. Tries to portray the gun inventor discussion as revealing player intentions, yet asks for a breadcrumb from the recipient of the cop investigation.
Makes it look exactly like a case of tunnel vision.
Korts wrote: Alright, fair enough. So there was another line of discussion that you tried to start. Tell me, how is discussion about what the person with an investigation result from Puta should do any more constructive than a discussion about the likely cause of death for Macavity?
I answered that already.
I wrote: About the amnesiac cop, it would seem that you are the one who has misread this time. I was hoping to discuss what the optimal play would be since I was not sure what it was. I did not ask anyone to breadcrumb, as I was not sure if it would work. This discussion IMHO is much more useful because we are sure that unless it was Macavity or the scum, one of us would have to do something about this result.
Korts wrote:I am saying that you stating that the Macavity kill wasn't a vig and giving supportive evidence won't necessarily cause everyone to believe you, and there's nothing wrong with that. I don't see how disagreement on that would be such a big problem that you'd feel the need to push it so hard as to state "we should assume it is scum NK unless there is greater evidence for the vig theory."
But there is something wrong with me trying to make them believe me? I think the discussion is not worth it, and if you think the otherwise you tell me why. What I don't see is why you guys are saying that I'm scummy for saying that. I mafia we have discussions ABOUT discussions all the time, why is this different?
Korts wrote:refusing to admit that there were multiple people suspicious of Macavity.
How many is this exactly? I counted only ecto and yourself. In any case, when I said it was only you, it was a simple mistake of not reading properly. That's not a case of manipulating discussion or whatever you're accusing me of.
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (isolation #39) » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:35 am

Post by darkdude »

its very likely that it was a vig kill,
It's not likely!!
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #304 (isolation #40) » Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:21 am

Post by darkdude »

Ecto wrote: We get to our request for breadcrumb, phrased with hope for town's approval.
Okay, I don't know how you fucking read but that's not a request, it's a statement about what I thought was optimal, and yes, asking the rest of you if that really were the case. Point: There's no intention of REQUEST in there.
A Pshaw argument. As scum you get a guy to breadcrumb that he has information so you can kill him for it! In your request for the breadcrumb, you specifically asked that the player give the breadcrumb and then wait until we have lower player numbers to reveal it!
I know what you mean, but suggesting that my "When player numbers are lower" is a scummy statement is nonsense. It's a classic case of tunnel vision; you simply slap scumminess on a neutral statement.
Really cant refute the case, so tries an ad hominem attack against me, suggesting that I have a personality flaw that causes me to overly fixate on my own case.
Oh, I think I refuted it quite well. It's just you who don't think so. I'm providing an explanation so that maybe you can see where you're wrong. But it obviously failed, as you've labeled that as scummy as well. It's nothing more than an observation from me; I am not relying on discrediting you to defend myself.
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (isolation #41) » Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:54 am

Post by darkdude »

Asking someone to expose themselves with a breadcrumb, and then following it up with a request to not actually share the information until later (when player numbers are lower), gives both an identifying post somewhere and time for scum to off the bearer. There is no neutral there, that's a scummy move.
ORLY?

Your "case" is simply argumentum ad nauseam.
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #309 (isolation #42) » Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:22 pm

Post by darkdude »

Uh...I deny Rage's "asking for what should be done with the result because I have that result myself" speculation.
Rage wrote: There are a couple meanings for this quote. Let's see if I'm getting this correct so far:

If the Investigation Result was given to Scum or Town and Darkdude is Town:
1) Nobody will claim the information today because Darkdude said that scum would claim it immediately, and nobody has argued this.

If the Investigation Result was given to Scum or Town and Darkdude is Scum:
1) Darkdude appearing pro-town, but may be fairly confident that Puta Puta received a guilty result if none of his scumbuddies have received the result, so he's playing it safe and backing himself up for calling whoever has received the result scum.
I don't get this. What I meant by that paragraph was that I was trying to think about what a player with the result should do, but realized that I didn't know. Therefore I posted my suggestions and then asked the rest of town for what is best. It doesn't have anything to do with whether it was scum who received the result, as scum would lie or simply not do anything...I can only hope to help town if a town player received the result.

I did not say "scum would claim it immediately", rather, that if a town possesses a damning scum result on a player, it's pretty clear that it should be revealed today (in hindsight, I should have added maybe not immediately, just to draw some discussion).

I think you misread... a simplified version of my logic in post 256 below:

Code: Select all

if town possess guilty result, then claim result
if town possess innocent result, then ?

The question mark is the placeholder for what I was unsure about. I put down my own thoughts and then asked for other opinions.
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #312 (isolation #43) » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:12 am

Post by darkdude »

My guess (99%) is that there is no investigation result. Puta made no effort to play this game or any other that I know of. You can meta that. So, no, I dont think DarkDude or anyone else has a result to reveal (not a real one anyhow)
I'm 90% sure there is a result. Puta is a bad player in terms of getting his points across and working for town during the day, but he is not inactive. I do not think he would skip his Night 0 action.
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (isolation #44) » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:35 am

Post by darkdude »

Chuck seemed confused about the L-1 thing. Doesn't look scummy to me.
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #335 (isolation #45) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:42 pm

Post by darkdude »

Darkdude, how can you be 90% sure that an investigation result exists in the game? How does Ectomancer saying he's 99% sure you are wrong influence your thinking of the possibility of an investigation result?
Because like I said, this was night start, so everyone who signed up and not away should have been motivated enough not to miss a night action. Puta may not be productive, but he's certainly not inactive. Unless he really wanted to disrupt games, he would have sent in his first night action.

I have no idea about Puta's meta though. I don't know about his other games, didn't search for them (since TDC did not want us to refer to ongoing games), and have no idea who Gimbo is (the name which Korts said Puta was a smurf of).

Judging from what I have seen myself, he didn't just roll over and die, and played at least with enough effort to make it seem certain that given the chance, he would have submitted a night action.
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (isolation #46) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:58 pm

Post by darkdude »

The problem arises when he is encouraging discussion on one topic, and then flat out asking "Why are we even talking about it?" on a parallel topic.
Those two actions of mine were unrelated. They each had their own independent reasons, if you read my posts properly.

It would only be scummy if my reasoning for one or both actions doesn't make sense. If it makes sense to discourage vig discussion AND discuss what to do with the investigation result, then it is not scummy.

So what makes you stay on my case? From what I have read you do not think discussing vig is that useful either (IIRC it was denied when I assumed you did). Do you really think that we should not discuss what the person with the investigation result should do?

For example, if Rage was indeed correct and I had an investigation, right now I would be unable to make the optimal move because I don't know what to do. I don't see how anyone could be okay with that. This is a clear opportunity to increase our chances of winning, in contrast to the unpromising vig discussion.

Now, if there's no more problems on why I asked this, can we get back to the real question? What should one do if one has the investigation result now? Wait or reveal sometime today?
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (isolation #47) » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:44 pm

Post by darkdude »

Oh noez. Is this game gonna die?
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (isolation #48) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:30 am

Post by darkdude »

Lionheart has the benefit of the doubt for now.
Does that mean he responded to a prod or something?

Welcome, Adel.
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #353 (isolation #49) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:48 pm

Post by darkdude »

Well, most of the time people who get replaced out are bad players...
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (isolation #50) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:17 am

Post by darkdude »

Ugh...

Vote: IH
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #373 (isolation #51) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:22 am

Post by darkdude »

Adel, I have no idea how to use your chart...
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (isolation #52) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:03 pm

Post by darkdude »

Ah, I see now! It's very useful indeed! Now I wish we also have a chart up to date so far with Day 2. :-P
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (isolation #53) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:46 pm

Post by darkdude »

EBWOP
Sorry, what does that stand for?
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (isolation #54) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:13 pm

Post by darkdude »

I hope the other lurkers on Adels list responds soon.
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #400 (isolation #55) » Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:36 pm

Post by darkdude »

Voting.
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (isolation #56) » Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:04 pm

Post by darkdude »

I'm waiting for the lurkers who Adel have called out to respond to her question before saying anything about myself, by the way.
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #425 (isolation #57) » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:46 am

Post by darkdude »

Shit, I guess you guys have to lynch me with no other good cases and deadline approaching.

I have no good suspects at the moment, but Korts stands out slightly as I think he's much more insistent with my lynch now than when he first voted for me, and his posts did not indicate a reason for being more confident that I am scum.
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #443 (isolation #58) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:15 am

Post by darkdude »

Adel wrote: @darkdude: why don't you think Ecto is scum. Please provide specific information. The more quickly you answer and the more information you provide, the less scummy you will appear, and the less likely you will to be lynched today.
Don't think he is scum? I don't recall saying that. There's just nothing to suggest him being more likely to be scum than other players. Right now I'm most suspicious of Korts, but even that is mostly gut feeling and guess.

To me Ecto seems like a very tunnel vision stricken town. Scum would probably pursue one of the lurkers IMHO.
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #444 (isolation #59) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:17 am

Post by darkdude »

Wait, Rage and Chuck still voting on Adel? For Wombat's mistakes or something else?
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #449 (isolation #60) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:07 pm

Post by darkdude »

That is an example of what always strikes me as a bullshit non-answer. Most players make these kind of statements that don't really say anything. I make them as well.
Well too bad I guess. I've looked over everyone's posts but couldn't find anything I would usually consider scummy. What else could I do?

I haven't seen a good target for Lynch since Puta.
WHY [ecto = tunnelvisioned town]?
I've explained it before. What he considers to be scummy posts from me are all perfectly normal plays by me, and I have explained this well, I think. I cannot comprehend why he is still on me if not for tunnelvision.
how many scum do you think are lurkers right now?
how many scum do you think aren't lurkers?
who do you count as "lurkers"?
who do you count as "not lurkers"?
1. 0 or 1
2. reverse of above
3. chuckrock, gorckat/IH, Tarballs/Lionheart/Sweenytod
4. everyone else

Was there a reason you used 4 questions instead of 2?
was this an attempt to distract people away from my attack against you?
It was an attempt to say whatever's on my mind to leave for the town after I die.
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #451 (isolation #61) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:30 pm

Post by darkdude »

Oh yeah, well I guess I should...

Ecto and Korts seems to be willing. I'm guessing you're implying the same?
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #472 (isolation #62) » Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:22 pm

Post by darkdude »

First of all, welcome, insanepenguin!
Adel wrote: make that "modding" instead of "playing"
I'm wondering how you can tell just how active a mod is. I mean, all a mod does that is directly visible is a post count every couple of pages...
Korts wrote: You may not have said that previously, but you just now contradicted your self. Emphases mine.

You really should claim, darkdude.
lol but you should also note that I have no good suspects at the moment; this is due to the fact that I honestly see all of the active players acting pretty town-like. I know there must be scum among them, so I'm prepared to be wrong, but there's still nothing to make me think Ectomancer is more likely to be scum than most other players.

Aside from those who are voting for me, who think I should role claim now?
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #477 (isolation #63) » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:03 pm

Post by darkdude »

I am watcher.

Night 0 no one targeted ThAdmiral
Night 1 no one targeted Korts
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #481 (isolation #64) » Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:35 pm

Post by darkdude »

Still, let's play out the hand. Are you able to reveal your night one target and result?
Ecto, please read my posts correctly...

This is why I think your case against me is bullshit and you're just too tunnel visioned.
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #485 (isolation #65) » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:49 am

Post by darkdude »

I know you did nothing on Night 0.
Oh noez.

i r scum

Unvote
Vote: darkdude
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1280 (isolation #66) » Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:57 pm

Post by darkdude »

Yes.
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1286 (isolation #67) » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:32 pm

Post by darkdude »

lol good job on Ecto for lynching me. I had no idea why you thought what I did was scum, really, but since I actually was I guess I can't say much.
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1311 (isolation #68) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:30 pm

Post by darkdude »

Nah, if anyone played bad it was me; I somehow got into a trap set by Ecto without even realizing even to the very end how I did something scummy.
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1318 (isolation #69) » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:36 am

Post by darkdude »

You mean, with a similar semi-open style as this one?
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1331 (isolation #70) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:26 pm

Post by darkdude »

/pre in

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”