Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:59 am

Post by Ectomancer »

A couple possibilities for what happened last night. My questions would be, does a player have to use what the inventor gave them that night, or
can
they wait or do they
have
to wait until the following night to use it?

If that was a 1 shot vig, then scum was either role or doc blocked.

If there is someone hanging out with a gun, then that was scum's target last night.

I also think we dont know whether town or scum was the recipient of the gun inventor.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:02 pm

Post by Korts »

Role on the front page:
Gun Inventor Role PM wrote:You are a Gun Inventor. Each night you can give another player a gun (One-Shot Vigilante) to be used on any
subsequent
night.
Note bolded. So if Macavity was a vig kill, it was a vig from the start or the player he gave a gun to N0.
scumchat never die
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:04 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

So we could have two 1 shot guns out there, or scum got blocked and the n0 one got used.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:15 pm

Post by Rage »

ThAdmiral wrote:i still claim VI
Sorry, what's this?

The quick vote from Tubby216 is pretty suspicious looking, since he (or she?) did say that was going to read through the thread, and then this vote comes up.

@
Tubby216
, what's the status on your reread?
Ectomancer wrote:So we could have two 1 shot guns out there, or scum got blocked and the n0 one got used.
Methinks speculation about who or what did the night-kill is futile right now, seeing as how we have an unaccounted scum night-kill, which could either be explained by a scum player receiving the Gun from MacavityLock and thus choosing not to night kill or a roleblock/doctor protection.
I'm a rageaholic! I just can't live without rageahol!
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:21 pm

Post by darkdude »

Okay, so Macavity gets killed and Korts immediately tells everyone he thinks it could be a vig kill. That sounds WAY off to me. Sure, going back, it does seem that his comment is supported by his attacks against Macavity yesterday, but as far as I can tell he was pretty much alone and there never was a notable amount of suspicion on Macavity from the town in general. I do not see why a vig would kill him.

Am I missing something here? I do not see why we're even discussing the possibility of vig kill and scum being blocked etc. Wouldn't it be most logical to assume that was our scum kill for the night?

Right now it seems plausible that Korts was attempting to set up a vig claim.
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:29 pm

Post by darkdude »

Also, a couple of other things:
Rage wrote: I'm also going to do a reread of all of Puta's posts to see if he left any hints/clues as to who he investigated and it's result.
No use. He was amnesiac cop. Which reminds me...

It seems like we should have someone here with his Night 0 result, unless it was Macavity. Needless to say, if it is scum, the person should come out immediately. But what is optimal move if result is town? I was just about to write "don't say anything unless that player is about to be lynched", but then remembered that this information may get lost if the player dies before saying it... so maybe breadcrumb first, and then reveal it when player number in the game lowers to have a large enough impact?
Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:44 pm

Post by Rage »

Wait, so Puta would get No Results rather than anything of substance to go on? And whoever he chooses would get his investigation?

I don't get how you could "forget" what the investigation was in any game whatsoever. Sure, the message could be deleted, but what happens when he writes it down as soon as he sees the message.. or would there have to be an element of trust between him and the mod? Let alone the unsolvable problem of how to convince his brain's hippocampus (memory center) to 'forget' the investigation he saw?
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:18 pm

Post by darkdude »

He chooses someone to investigate but he does not get the result. Instead, the result is sent to a player of his choosing.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:22 pm

Post by Korts »

darkdude, I'm fairly sure I wasn't the only one who raised points against Macavity. Ecto and ThAdmiral spring to mind.

That said, I'm not setting up any kind of claim for myself. (Of course I would say that.) I think your theory makes sense from an objective point of view though.
darkdude wrote:Also, a couple of other things:
Rage wrote: I'm also going to do a reread of all of Puta's posts to see if he left any hints/clues as to who he investigated and it's result.
No use. He was amnesiac cop. Which reminds me...

It seems like we should have someone here with his Night 0 result, unless it was Macavity. Needless to say, if it is scum, the person should come out immediately. But what is optimal move if result is town? I was just about to write "don't say anything unless that player is about to be lynched", but then remembered that this information may get lost if the player dies before saying it... so maybe breadcrumb first, and then reveal it when player number in the game lowers to have a large enough impact?
Unfortunately, there's two problems with this. One, now that you suggested breadcrumbing, it won't work most likely, due to multiple factors (scum breadcrumbing, scum searching for other breadcrumbs etc.). Two, we don't know when the player with the investigation result dies, because their revealed role wouldn't devulge that information. Thus it would be a pretty safe claim for scum to claim the investigation results. I'd treat such a breadcrumb/result with extreme scepticism.
scumchat never die
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:16 am

Post by tubby216 »

Korts wrote:tubby, why do you need to assert your previous town read on BoW before attacking him?
because i re-read and found out what i said about him, granted i haven't been posting much but my post about him made it seem like i was pretty adamant about him being town , but do to his current action i had a change of heart, i found his earlier actions coupled whith what he had just said to be scum, So with my vote i figured i'd pressure him for an explanation,
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
"Whether you love him or hate him, Tubby is an excellent scumhunter."~BM
[b]need 0 replacements for open189 pm me[/b]
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:19 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

Korts wrote:That said, I'm not setting up any kind of claim for myself. (
Of course I would say that
.) I think your theory makes sense from an objective point of view though.
Do you mean you would say this regardless of whether you were actually planning to set up a claim or not? (if you were the vig that is)
Rage wrote:
ThAdmiral wrote:i still claim VI
Sorry, what's this?
Village idiot.
Basically a townie (generally a new player) who does/says somewhat stupid stuff.
chuckrock
chuckrock
Goon
chuckrock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:51 am

Post by chuckrock »

Brain of Wombat wrote:Awww man, we lost a gun inventer, that sucks. That could have come in useful later.

Still got no clue how we were supposed to guess Puta was a cop, been over every word and it still doesn't make sense.

Speaking of which, do we have any other investigators who could have found stuff last night?
I've got to agree with Rage and Korts on this one, BOW. You been marked as suspicious before, but this one sounds very much like role-hunting.

FOS BOW
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:16 am

Post by Korts »

ThAdmiral wrote:Do you mean you would say this regardless of whether you were actually planning to set up a claim or not? (if you were the vig that is)
If I was the vig and wanted to breadcrumb, I wouldn't deny it. If I was the vig and didn't intend to say so, I'd have just messed with my own claim by basically forcing myself to immediately claim either vig or non-vig. My point was, if I was scum setting up a fakeclaim, I wouldn't admit to it, obviously.

If you think BoW is a VI, what do you think is the possibility that he'd raise the idea of a cop claim after he'd been shot down for the same the previous day? There's a learning curve yes. But I'd assume even newbtown to have some sense as to raising a point he'd been attacked for fiercely once.
scumchat never die
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:14 am

Post by Ectomancer »

darkdude wrote:Okay, so Macavity gets killed and Korts immediately tells everyone he thinks it could be a vig kill. That sounds WAY off to me. Sure, going back, it does seem that his comment is supported by his attacks against Macavity yesterday, but as far as I can tell he was pretty much alone and there never was a notable amount of suspicion on Macavity from the town in general. I do not see why a vig would kill him.

Am I missing something here? I do not see why we're even discussing the possibility of vig kill and scum being blocked etc. Wouldn't it be most logical to assume that was our scum kill for the night?

Right now it seems plausible that Korts was attempting to set up a vig claim.
We had a gun inventor. It seems plausible to me that he would have given his gun away n0 and also (by my mod list of actions), he would have given another on n1 if he could give one away every night.
We had 1 kill last night. Something happened there. I dont think stifling conversation about it is useful.

darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:52 am

Post by darkdude »

darkdude, I'm fairly sure I wasn't the only one who raised points against Macavity. Ecto and ThAdmiral spring to mind.
Yes, after checking again Ecto did direct some fire against him. Not the case for ThAdmiral though.

Still, I do not see why it would be a vig kill. No one died on Night 0, so that would make two nights without scum night kill? I don't see it...
Ecto wrote: We had a gun inventor. It seems plausible to me that he would have given his gun away n0 and also (by my mod list of actions), he would have given another on n1 if he could give one away every night.
The presence of vigs do not suggest that it was a vig kill. We also know that we have scum in the game. Why would it be more likely the scum failed to kill and the vig did?
I dont think stifling conversation about it is useful
When "this looks like a vig kill" was raised, two things came to mind immediately:

1. Attempt to set up vig claim
2. Attempt to fish out vig

Discussing whether it was a vig kill and why it was done didn't seem that productive to me. What exactly could we achieve by doing so?
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:01 am

Post by Korts »

darkdude wrote:Still, I do not see why it would be a vig kill. No one died on Night 0, so that would make two nights without scum night kill? I don't see it...
This comment doesn't sit well with me. I'll come back to give it some thought tomorrow.
darkdude wrote:The presence of vigs do not suggest that it was a vig kill. We also know that we have scum in the game. Why would it be more likely the scum failed to kill and the vig did?
Misrep alert, man your stations, not a drill etc. plausible=/=most likely
scumchat never die
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:11 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

Korts wrote:If I was the vig and wanted to breadcrumb, I wouldn't deny it. If I was the vig and didn't intend to say so, I'd have just messed with my own claim by basically forcing myself to immediately claim either vig or non-vig. My point was, if I was scum setting up a fakeclaim, I wouldn't admit to it, obviously.
Righto.
Korts wrote:If you think BoW is a VI, what do you think is the possibility that he'd raise the idea of a cop claim after he'd been shot down for the same the previous day? There's a learning curve yes. But I'd assume even newbtown to have some sense as to raising a point he'd been attacked for fiercely once.
The mafia would have most likely told him not to if he was one.
I've always found you learn much faster as a newbie if you are paired with scum or mason as they will want to keep you alive as well.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:16 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Korts gets a QFT.

It appears to me that scum right now knows pretty much what happened there. So I dont see it as counter-productive for the town to think about where we might be based upon the information we have.
Sometimes certain pro-town roles may have decisions to make and need as much input as they can, but find it difficult to bring up in group because it would quickly point them out. Discussing an issue gets them the chance to talk about it without them standing out.
I dont see your objection to discussing the gun inventor Darkdude.

Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:42 pm

Post by Rage »

Vote: Brain of Wombat

Start talking.
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:17 pm

Post by darkdude »

plausible=/=most likely
I was commenting on what ecto was referring to, which was originally yourself saying that it is likely a vig kill. Anyways, if there is use for discussion, on whether this was or was not vig kill, then go for it, but 1) I think it is 90% chance of being a scum NK and 2) I don't think this discussion will be particularly useful.
Brain of Wombat
Brain of Wombat
Townie
Brain of Wombat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:03 am

Post by Brain of Wombat »

Jeez, can nobody take a joke around here?

Vote: Rage

It's scummy the way you want to take every opportunity to wagon a valuable townie like me.
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:10 am

Post by tubby216 »

Brain of Wombat wrote:Jeez, can nobody take a joke around here?

It's scummy the way you want to take every opportunity to wagon a valuable townie like me.
still not an explination,,,, leaving my vote where it is
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
"Whether you love him or hate him, Tubby is an excellent scumhunter."~BM
[b]need 0 replacements for open189 pm me[/b]
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:20 am

Post by TDC »

Prodding Tarballs
chuckrock
chuckrock
Goon
chuckrock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:25 am

Post by chuckrock »

tubby216 wrote:
Brain of Wombat wrote:Jeez, can nobody take a joke around here?

still not an explination,,,, leaving my vote where it is
I'm kind of agreeing with you. That's lurking or avoiding. Added with his last fishing for roles post and his history, I've got to move my FOS to a vote.

Vote BOW

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”