chuckrock
chuckrock
Goon
chuckrock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:54 am

Post by chuckrock »

Korts wrote:It isn't L-1, chuckrock. Sorry, but no cigar.
Well, I can't seem to get that kind of stuff. Thanks for the correction. Either way he's got three.
Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:17 am

Post by Rage »

Korts wrote:Rage, show me where I voted BoW, or retract that statement.
Oops, Korts didn't vote for Brain of Wombat, only chuckrock did. My mistake. Still, Brain of Wombat didn't mention either of you at all.
Korts wrote:note: I'm suspecting that by now any mafia that wants to quicklynch BOW is already on the wagon. I don't have the time to go back and check, but I think BoW's at around four votes. Don't put any more on him for a while.
chuckrock wrote:Okay, I didn't realize that would be an L1. I'm not that confident in my vote.

unvote

I still have an FOS BOW

I don't have enough to make it an L1
@
Korts
, pretty soon after you said you thought that mafia that wanted to quicklynch was already on BOW's wagon, chuckrock took his vote off. What do you think of this?
Korts wrote:Also, what did Wombat claim other than "valuable townie"? That isn't a full roleclaim necessarily, and I don't want him to, either, at this point. Rage was trying to delve deeper into BoW's role, and I do not approve.
He claimed Vanilla Townie in post #61 and #80, as shown below:
Brain of Wombat wrote:I don't want to condemn Rage for his reaction, he could have the towns best interests at heart. You were talking about me being scum, or a mason, or a scum neighbour (?) or whatever. Quite simply, I have no interaction or connection with any other players. I'm just an average townie, that's it.
Brain of Wombat wrote:Rage was accusing me of being scum, or a scum neighbour (whatever that is), or a mason or whatever. I was answering that by attempting to reassure him (and the rest of you) that I'm town by declaring myself both town and not a mason. I would consider a mason to be an irregular townie, whereas I'm a regular townie, that's all I meant.
Korts wrote:Also, what did Wombat claim other than "valuable townie"? That isn't a full roleclaim necessarily, and I don't want him to, either, at this point. Rage was trying to delve deeper into BoW's role, and I do not approve.
Why don't you approve? I find it kind of strange that Brain of Wombat claims to be a Vanilla/Valuable townie, but I find it even stranger that Korts disapproves of fishing for more information. Brain of Wombat has made scummy slips which I think need to be justified.
Ectomancer wrote:Your case is weak next to mine Rage. Vote Darkdude. He is scum. He attempts to blatantly manipulate the conversation to only include the part he finds relevant. Tries to portray the gun inventor discussion as revealing player intentions, yet asks for a breadcrumb from the recipient of the cop investigation.
My case is weak compared to yours, eh?

Against Darkdude
: He's suggested the player that received the amnesiac cop results, and not to pay much attention to the kill (and whoever made it) last night.

Against Brain of Wombat
(hold onto your horses):
- Day 1, first post of the game, he suggests investigative roles to claim and this idea gets shot down
- Day 2, first post of the day, he suggests investigative roles to claim
- Then, Rage, Korts and chuckrock express distaste in this idea. Rage asks Brain of Wombat lots of questions and eventually votes Brain of Wombat to get him to talk
- It works, and Brain of Wombat says it's all a joke and puts his vote on Rage for 'taking advantage of hoping on a bandwagon on a valuable townie'. He does not answer any of the questions Rage presented, unless if you want to call "it's all a joke" an answer
- Rage asks more questions, Brain of Wombat is now silent

Is there anything else anyone would like to add to either case?

Also, I'd like to hear Ectomancer's response to Darkdude's latest post before I get further involved in this case.

@
Mod
, a vote count would be nice!

@
Brain of Wombat
, do you have any real-life reason not to be posting now/soon?
I'm a rageaholic! I just can't live without rageahol!
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:00 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Rage - I've got scummy actions and motivations, you've crawled up newbie butt and have remained wedged there all game. You've got 3 people on the wagon, including yourself, and one of the others cant figure out whether he's supposed to be on the wagon or not.

As for Darkdude:
darkdude wrote:
Ecto wrote: Yeah, you did. See bolded below.
See bolded below.
I wrote: It seems like we should have someone here with his Night 0 result, unless it was Macavity. Needless to say, if it is scum, the person should come out immediately.
But what is optimal move if result is town?
I was just about to write "don't say anything unless that player is about to be lynched", but then remembered that this information may get lost if the player dies before saying it... so maybe breadcrumb first, and then reveal it when player number in the game lowers to have a large enough impact?
Clearly the "maybe breadcrumb" part is my thoughts on what may be best. I was looking for what other players thought. I merely suggested that breadcrumbing could be a way to deal with this. You claimed that I ASKED for the person to breadcrumb, which is not the case here.
Right, it's ok to ask about a breadcrumb here, but not ok to talk about the gun inventor?
You are really trying hard to squirm out of this. You said:
and then go on to tell us what you thought the optimal move was at first:
I was just about to write "don't say anything unless that player is about to be lynched"
followed by the "but....
but then remembered that this information may get lost if the player dies before saying it
tells us why that isn't optimal, and so then gives his idea of what would be optimal:
so maybe breadcrumb first, and then reveal it when player number in the game lowers to have a large enough impact?
We get to our request for breadcrumb, phrased with hope for town's approval.

darkdude wrote:
Ecto wrote:When player numbers lower? Like when the guy who breadcrumbed is dead?
This is just being nonsensical...
A Pshaw argument. As scum you get a guy to breadcrumb that he has information so you can kill him for it! In your request for the breadcrumb, you specifically asked that the player
give
the breadcrumb and then
wait
until we have lower player numbers to reveal it!
darkdude wrote: Coupled with this,
Your case is weak next to mine Rage. Vote Darkdude. He is scum. He attempts to blatantly manipulate the conversation to only include the part he finds relevant. Tries to portray the gun inventor discussion as revealing player intentions, yet asks for a breadcrumb from the recipient of the cop investigation.
Makes it look exactly like a case of tunnel vision.
Really cant refute the case, so tries an ad hominem attack against me, suggesting that I have a personality flaw that causes me to overly fixate on my own case.

Anyone see it any differently?
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:21 am

Post by darkdude »

Ecto wrote: We get to our request for breadcrumb, phrased with hope for town's approval.
Okay, I don't know how you fucking read but that's not a request, it's a statement about what I thought was optimal, and yes, asking the rest of you if that really were the case. Point: There's no intention of REQUEST in there.
A Pshaw argument. As scum you get a guy to breadcrumb that he has information so you can kill him for it! In your request for the breadcrumb, you specifically asked that the player give the breadcrumb and then wait until we have lower player numbers to reveal it!
I know what you mean, but suggesting that my "When player numbers are lower" is a scummy statement is nonsense. It's a classic case of tunnel vision; you simply slap scumminess on a neutral statement.
Really cant refute the case, so tries an ad hominem attack against me, suggesting that I have a personality flaw that causes me to overly fixate on my own case.
Oh, I think I refuted it quite well. It's just you who don't think so. I'm providing an explanation so that maybe you can see where you're wrong. But it obviously failed, as you've labeled that as scummy as well. It's nothing more than an observation from me; I am not relying on discrediting you to defend myself.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:46 am

Post by Ectomancer »

[quote="darkdude"]
I know what you mean, but suggesting that my "When player numbers are lower" is a scummy statement is nonsense. It's a classic case of tunnel vision; you simply slap scumminess on a neutral statement.
[quote]

Asking someone to expose themselves with a breadcrumb, and then following it up with a request to not actually share the information until later (when player numbers are lower), gives both an identifying post somewhere and time for scum to off the bearer. There is no neutral there, that's a scummy move.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:54 am

Post by darkdude »

Asking someone to expose themselves with a breadcrumb, and then following it up with a request to not actually share the information until later (when player numbers are lower), gives both an identifying post somewhere and time for scum to off the bearer. There is no neutral there, that's a scummy move.
ORLY?

Your "case" is simply argumentum ad nauseam.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:01 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Yeah, really.

Derisive labeling of quite serious accusations against you is not a defense, just in case anyone might have been confused by the latin.

Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:01 pm

Post by Rage »

Ectomancer wrote:Rage - I've got scummy actions and motivations, you've crawled up newbie butt and have remained wedged there all game. You've got 3 people on the wagon, including yourself, and one of the others cant figure out whether he's supposed to be on the wagon or not.
Yeah, and if we lynch Brain of Wombat and he flips scum, the "undecided factor" is almost guaranteed to be scum with him. You even FoSed him, so you see what I'm seeing too.

My position before I continue is that there's much more to be learned from a Brain of Wombat lynch than a Darkdude lynch.

Anyways,
Ectomancer wrote:As for Darkdude:
darkdude wrote:
Ecto wrote: Yeah, you did. See bolded below.
See bolded below.
darkdude wrote: It seems like we should have someone here with his Night 0 result, unless it was Macavity. Needless to say, if it is scum, the person should come out immediately.
I was just about to write "don't say anything unless that player is about to be lynched", but then remembered that this information may get lost if the player dies before saying it... so maybe breadcrumb first, and then reveal it when player number in the game lowers to have a large enough impact?
Clearly the "maybe breadcrumb" part is my thoughts on what may be best. I was looking for what other players thought. I merely suggested that breadcrumbing could be a way to deal with this. You claimed that I ASKED for the person to breadcrumb, which is not the case here.
Right, it's ok to ask about a breadcrumb here, but not ok to talk about the gun inventor?
You are really trying hard to squirm out of this. You said:
Although I don't see where Darkdude has asked for the player that might have received an investigation result from Puta's investigation, I can understand how someone could make that assumption. However, it's all in the wording. I mean, look:
darkdude wrote:It seems like we should have someone here with his Night 0 result, unless it was Macavity.
This part makes sense.
darkdude wrote: Needless to say, if it is scum, the person should come out immediately.
Saying this means we won't get anyone to come forward with the result.

Now here's some meta for you. In another game, when there was an obvious vig kill (I was modding and gave it away) and darkdude was the Vigilante, he asked for the Vigilante to come forward. He was setting himself up for a counter-claim. However, as likely as it may be that he is the player with the investigation result, I doubt it because he said the above statement: "if it is scum, the person should come out immediately". So my point here is, either darkdude is scum and withholding the result, or he's town and doesn't think it's a good idea to reveal the result so soon after Puta has died. I think the latter is more likely.
darkdude wrote: But what is optimal move if result is town?
This furthers my assumption that he has the result, because this sets himself up for the proper way to say the investigation result. However, this is WIFOM because scum could just as easily do the same.
darkdude wrote: I was just about to write "don't say anything unless that player is about to be lynched", but then remembered that this information may get lost if the player dies before saying it... so maybe breadcrumb first, and then reveal it when player number in the game lowers to have a large enough impact?
There are a couple meanings for this quote. Let's see if I'm getting this correct so far:

If the Investigation Result was given to Scum or Town and Darkdude is Town:
1) Nobody will claim the information today because Darkdude said that scum would claim it immediately, and nobody has argued this.

If the Investigation Result was given to Scum or Town and Darkdude is Scum:
1) Darkdude appearing pro-town, but may be fairly confident that Puta Puta received a guilty result if none of his scumbuddies have received the result, so he's playing it safe and backing himself up for calling whoever has received the result scum.

@
Ectomancer
, what do you think the chances of Darkdude having the Investigation Result, and if you think he does, what do you think of his alignment based on his play so far?

Now, you dissect his post:
Ectomancer wrote:and then go on to tell us what you thought the optimal move was at first:
I was just about to write "don't say anything unless that player is about to be lynched"
By itself, I don't think this is scummy.
Ectomancer wrote:followed by the "but....
but then remembered that this information may get lost if the player dies before saying it
tells us why that isn't optimal, and so then gives his idea of what would be optimal:
so maybe breadcrumb first, and then reveal it when player number in the game lowers to have a large enough impact?
We get to our request for breadcrumb, phrased with hope for town's approval.
This doesn't mean he's scum. Like I said before, but rephrased, I think the likliest options are:

1) Darkdude is Town and knows he wants to withhold the investigation result until it can be of some use, so he asks others to claim and see if scum is stupid enough to take advantage of this opportunity, which then he can counter-claim and get the scum lynched.

2) Darkdude is scum and we'll never hear the investigation result, unless Amnesiac Deputies get previous investigation results, and an Amnesiac Deputy exists in the game, or Darkdude will claim it later in the game when there are less players so that it's more likely the player he claims it against will be lynched and it won't be too much of an impact on his faction when he is lynched if he outs a Townie (by saying that the investigation result is Guilty on a Townie, then the Townie flips and Darkdude is lynched because he lied and got the Townie lynched).

So, in short, either he's looking for a non-scummy way to give out the investigation result, or he's trying to trap a Townie/Scum player into revealing the information so he can counter-claim and get them lynched. In the end, it's WIFOM. Therefore, a null tell.

Ectomancer wrote:
darkdude wrote:
Ecto wrote:When player numbers lower? Like when the guy who breadcrumbed is dead?
This is just being nonsensical...
A Pshaw argument. As scum you get a guy to breadcrumb that he has information so you can kill him for it! In your request for the breadcrumb, you specifically asked that the player
give
the breadcrumb and then
wait
until we have lower player numbers to reveal it!
I do think that the action of asking for someone (no matter who it is) to breadcrumb in the game thread is scummy. However, I agree with Darkdude that I do not think that he was asking, more like. You changed your argument that instead of asking, he was requesting. Thus, I can see why he thinks you're caught up in Tunnel-Vision. I can't take a guess at your alignment because of it because either you're Tunnel-Visioning-Townie or you are pushing a case that changes however you see fit/scum pushing really hard for a mislynch. However, I may and will think this over as the game progresses, but so far that's what I think.
Ectomancer wrote:
darkdude wrote: Coupled with this,
Your case is weak next to mine Rage. Vote Darkdude. He is scum. He attempts to blatantly manipulate the conversation to only include the part he finds relevant. Tries to portray the gun inventor discussion as revealing player intentions, yet asks for a breadcrumb from the recipient of the cop investigation.
Makes it look exactly like a case of tunnel vision.

Anyone see it any differently?
I think it's quite obvious that Darkdude thinks you have Tunnel-Vision on hiim because you are so hard-pressed at getting him lynched, but to me that adds more to the option that he's town because he isn't actively trying to get you lynched instead. I don't like that you're trying to manipulating me specifically to vote for him, like I could have much of a say what the Town needs to reach a consensus on. Hell, for all I know you'll flip scum and I'll be lynched for this. Me saying that is WIFOM, but I just wanted to throw that option out there.

@
Ectomancer
, do I have a pretty accurate read of what's going on?

@
Mod
, is Brain of Wombat due to be prodded?
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:22 pm

Post by darkdude »

Uh...I deny Rage's "asking for what should be done with the result because I have that result myself" speculation.
Rage wrote: There are a couple meanings for this quote. Let's see if I'm getting this correct so far:

If the Investigation Result was given to Scum or Town and Darkdude is Town:
1) Nobody will claim the information today because Darkdude said that scum would claim it immediately, and nobody has argued this.

If the Investigation Result was given to Scum or Town and Darkdude is Scum:
1) Darkdude appearing pro-town, but may be fairly confident that Puta Puta received a guilty result if none of his scumbuddies have received the result, so he's playing it safe and backing himself up for calling whoever has received the result scum.
I don't get this. What I meant by that paragraph was that I was trying to think about what a player with the result should do, but realized that I didn't know. Therefore I posted my suggestions and then asked the rest of town for what is best. It doesn't have anything to do with whether it was scum who received the result, as scum would lie or simply not do anything...I can only hope to help town if a town player received the result.

I did not say "scum would claim it immediately", rather, that if a town possesses a damning scum result on a player, it's pretty clear that it should be revealed today (in hindsight, I should have added maybe not immediately, just to draw some discussion).

I think you misread... a simplified version of my logic in post 256 below:

Code: Select all

if town possess guilty result, then claim result
if town possess innocent result, then ?

The question mark is the placeholder for what I was unsure about. I put down my own thoughts and then asked for other opinions.
Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:53 pm

Post by Rage »

Oops. Well, at least everyone knows where I stand. I'll revise my misreading later.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:10 am

Post by Ectomancer »

It's a nice read Rage, some parts make sense, others I have serious doubt of. You also left off half of the entire case in your response. It isn't just about his investigation result hunt.

Why is DarkDude trying to discuss the Cop, but not the Gun Inventor?

Your theory is that he has the result, so would want to talk about that, but not about the Inventor?

That still gives even LESS of an excuse to try to shut down conversation about the gun inventor. If he is in the position of needing some talk in his area, he would certainly understand how there could be a need for talk in the other area.

My guess (99%) is that there is no investigation result. Puta made no effort to play this game or any other that I know of. You can meta that. So, no, I dont think DarkDude or anyone else has a result to reveal (not a real one anyhow).

Without that, you are left with DarkDude being pro-town and no information trying to push conversation in one direction, while stifling it in another direction? I'm not buying that. The pro-town part I mean.

darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:12 am

Post by darkdude »

My guess (99%) is that there is no investigation result. Puta made no effort to play this game or any other that I know of. You can meta that. So, no, I dont think DarkDude or anyone else has a result to reveal (not a real one anyhow)
I'm 90% sure there is a result. Puta is a bad player in terms of getting his points across and working for town during the day, but he is not inactive. I do not think he would skip his Night 0 action.
Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:59 am

Post by Rage »

Ectomancer wrote:It's a nice read Rage, some parts make sense, others I have serious doubt of. You also left off half of the entire case in your response. It isn't just about his investigation result hunt.
Okay, but that spurred all this discussion. I thought I could find something if I went back to when this all started, but I got it wrong and apparently didn't find much of value.

Moving on, let's state this plain and clear. I think discussion about the possibility of a vig was useless and is now useless, and I agree with darkdude that it was plausible that someone was setting up a claim. That isn't the case, so I do not understand why there was vig-kill discussion in the first place.

Secondly, I don't see exactly what you guys are seeing in his post. I'm going to through out a theory, though, because I stumbled upon this possible connection. I'm starting to see a Darkdude/Brain of Wombat scumpair:

If they are scum together, the following has occurred:
1) Brain of Wombat makes the mistake of expressing disappointment
2) Darkdude 'covers it up' by saying we shouldn't talk about the Gun Inventor and instead focus on the most pro-town way for the player that received the investigation result from Puta (if it exists) to release it. He suggests something that doesn't make much sense to be suggesting if he isn't going to do it, breadcrumbing and waiting until there are less players to blurt it
all
out.
Ectomancer wrote:Without that [an investigation result], you are left with DarkDude being pro-town and no information trying to push conversation in one direction, while stifling it in another direction? I'm not buying that. The pro-town part I mean.
Wait, what? Without an investigation result, I'm left with Darkdude being scum and trying to push conversation in one direction (and in this post I looked for reasons why), while stifling it in another direction (and in this post I looked for reasons why, too). I'm not going to vote for him now because I think there's much more to learn from a Brain of Wombat lynch, at least until everyone sees his response.
darkdude wrote:
Ectomancer wrote: My guess (99%) is that there is no investigation result. Puta made no effort to play this game or any other that I know of. You can meta that. So, no, I dont think DarkDude or anyone else has a result to reveal (not a real one anyhow)
I'm 90% sure there is a result. Puta is a bad player in terms of getting his points across and working for town during the day, but he is not inactive. I do not think he would skip his Night 0 action.
I don't understand what anyone's trying to prove here. It's suspicion without evidence. Plus, I don't understand why Puta Puta is even on the site if he isn't going to dedicate himself to a game.
Ectomancer wrote:Your theory is that he has the result, so would want to talk about that, but not about the Inventor?
No, my theory is that if he has the result he wants to talk about it in the day as soon as he can and then put it behind him for later. I'm suggesting that the act of asking others to breadcrumb it, if darkdude is the one that as it instead, is setting up his own claim later. This is now not the case, and I don't understand why Darkdude thinks there is an investigation while you don't.

The reasons I see FOR the possibility of the investigation result are he wasn't inactive and darkdude doesn't think he would've skipped his investigation. The reasons AGAINST the possibility of the investigation result are that Puta made no effort to play this game (but we don't know that he immediately had that attitude when he got his role) or other games he's playing/played.

Phew, there's a lot of confusion.

--------------

Anyways, not to deflect from this really heavy argument, but I just had a look at this one more time, something that nobody's really put forward a case on:
chuckrock wrote:
Korts wrote:
chuckrock wrote:
tubby216 wrote:
Brain of Wombat wrote:
Rage wrote:
Vote: Brain of Wombat

Start talking.
Jeez, can nobody take a joke around here?

Vote: Rage

It's scummy the way you want to take every opportunity to wagon a valuable townie like me.
still not an explination,,,, leaving my vote where it is
I'm kind of agreeing with you. That's lurking or avoiding. Added with his last fishing for roles post and his history, I've got to move my FOS to a vote.

Vote BOW
note: I'm suspecting that by now any mafia that wants to quicklynch BOW is already on the wagon. I don't have the time to go back and check, but I think BoW's at around four votes. Don't put any more on him for a while.
Okay, I didn't realize that would be an L1. I'm not that confident in my vote.

unvote

I still have an FOS BOW

Which raises a couple of questions.

1) Why did Korts suspect that scum was already on the wagon? What's he basing this on?
2) Why did Chuckrock so hastily unvote, and with an inaccurate reason? Number 1 is now unimportant for the time being.

Of course, number 2 won't get any answers because it happened so long ago and he might have honestly thought keeping his vote on was putting Brain of Wombat at L-1. But, then again, why didn't Chuckrock talk about anyone else who was on the wagon? He wasn't confident in his vote and was the only one to talk it off, so what does that say about everyone else on the wagon (myself included)?

Then comes this, his next post in the game:
chuckrock wrote:
Ectomancer wrote:
chuckrock wrote:Okay, I didn't realize that would be an L1. I'm not that confident in my vote.

unvote

I still have an FOS BOW

Scummy unvote after a new wagon begins gaining positive feedback while admitting he wasn't confident in his vote in the first place.

fos ChuckRock

Korts thought that any scum was already on the BoW wagon. That was a pretty weak manner of slipping off of it.
Hey, if you are that prepared to get him lynched, i'll change my vote up again. In fact, I'll throw in the L1 intentionally just to make you happy.

VOTE BOW L1

I had my doubts, but you've thrown the guantlet and I'm forced to make this move to aleve that suspicion. I'll remember it if he comes out town-which, I wasn't totally convinced on-but obviously, I have no choice at this point. You've got the bandwagon started again-remember that one.
This is a really confusing post. From a scum's perspective, he's just come up with a reason he thinks he can stand behind for putting himself back on a wagon he was called out on for leaving. But, he makes no mention of how many votes Brain of Wombat is, now that he's put his vote back on.

From a town's perspective, he's really mad at Ectomancer.

@
Chuckrock
, you agreed with Tubby216 enough so that Brain of Wombat earned your vote. However, you later state that you aren't confident enough in this vote and retract it. My question to you is, what do you truly think of Tubby216's reasoning to vote for Brain of Wombat?

This next post alleviates my thought that he's throwing around his vote. I like that he doesn't add any pressure here to persuade others to join him, so that earns him some townie points.
chuckrock wrote:
Korts wrote:It isn't L-1, chuckrock. Sorry, but no cigar.
Well, I can't seem to get that kind of stuff. Thanks for the correction. Either way he's got three.
So, let's review.

Chuckrock found himself agreeing with tubby216 because Brain of Wombat did not give a response, made a conclusion that he was lurking or avoiding, and voted for him. That seems like one of the strongest reasons to vote for Brain of Wombat right now, so I don't understand why he took his vote off, but I do think it's worth looking into since only moments before, Korts suspected there was scum on the wagon.

Alas, I STILL want to hear from Brain of Wombat. Or at least an update on his current activity. I don't think we can learn more from anything other than his response to the questions presented to him. And I'm not going to get off his back until he responds!
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:35 am

Post by darkdude »

Chuck seemed confused about the L-1 thing. Doesn't look scummy to me.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:40 am

Post by Korts »

Rage wrote:Now here's some meta for you. In another game, when there was an obvious vig kill (I was modding and gave it away) and darkdude was the Vigilante, he asked for the Vigilante to come forward. He was setting himself up for a counter-claim. However, as likely as it may be that he is the player with the investigation result, I doubt it because he said the above statement: "if it is scum, the person should come out immediately". So my point here is, either darkdude is scum and withholding the result, or he's town and doesn't think it's a good idea to reveal the result so soon after Puta has died. I think the latter is more likely.
This is a fallacy, although I can't put a finger on what specific kind. You have meta that darkdude did, on at least one occasion, try to draw a claim of a role that was actually his, and thus, you say, he is doing this in this instance, too? Tell me you just got confused.
Rage wrote:If the Investigation Result was given to Scum or Town and Darkdude is Town:
I'm pretty sure that's not what darkdude said. He said that if the
result
is scum, it should be claimed.
Rage wrote:@Ectomancer, what do you think the chances of Darkdude having the Investigation Result, and if you think he does, what do you think of his alignment based on his play so far?
The first half of the question has no benefit to town and only serves to gauge Ecto's support of the theory of darkdude having a result.
Rage wrote:
Ecto wrote:We get to our request for breadcrumb, phrased with hope for town's approval.
This doesn't mean he's scum.
Rage wrote:
Ecto wrote:A Pshaw argument. As scum you get a guy to breadcrumb that he has information so you can kill him for it! In your request for the breadcrumb, you specifically asked that the player give the breadcrumb and then wait until we have lower player numbers to reveal it!
I do think that the action of asking for someone (no matter who it is) to breadcrumb in the game thread is scummy.
Self-contradicting much?
Rage wrote:@Ectomancer, do I have a pretty accurate read of what's going on?
Asking for feedback, slight scumminess.

I agree with Ecto here on darkdude. darkdude has shown scum motivation in his inquiries, and Rage jumped to his defense with a dissection of the "likeliest" possibilities, and going into a contradiction in his expressed stance on a particular point. In the event of darkdude turning scum, Rage deserves considerable pressure.

unvote, vote: darkdude

Also, fun fact for those who didn't know, and I also just found out reading Site Ideas, Puta was the most recent incarnation of our Gimbo. So that explains it somewhat, at least.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:57 am

Post by Korts »

Rage wrote:1) Why did Korts suspect that scum was already on the wagon? What's he basing this on?
It was an assumption derived from the wagon's speed relative to the game. Plus I thought there were more votes than three on Wombat.

Now that you've pointed his revote of Wombat out again, I'm reconsidering his motives. Especially because his stated reasons were that, paraphrasing, "it was the only good response to the accusation".
scumchat never die
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:07 am

Post by tubby216 »

so now we have thre cases in the works,

rage's case on BoW
~ wich i happen to agree with

ecto's case on darkduse
~ seems like a valid one i just think BoW is scummier atm

kort's case on chuckrock
~ wich is gaining ground (ie becoming more solid with more faults in chuckrocks posts)

is that the jist of it or do i need to re-read some more??
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
"Whether you love him or hate him, Tubby is an excellent scumhunter."~BM
[b]need 0 replacements for open189 pm me[/b]
Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:18 am

Post by Rage »

Argh, this is getting weird! Give me some time to restate my opinions!
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:15 pm

Post by IH »

Hey guys. Sorry for lack of posting, but I am alive. I'll catch up sometime this week. Probably while I'm in my soul crushingly boring history class on Tuesday.
I would have already caught up, but I've had a horribly depressing last few days. Trouble with a female and such.

ANYWAYS, I'm alive.
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:14 am

Post by TDC »

Prodding Brain of Wombat.
Tarballs seems to have disappeared from the site entirely, searching replacement.

edit: Lionheart replaces Tarballs.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:37 am

Post by Korts »

Hi, Lionheart.
scumchat never die
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:39 am

Post by tubby216 »

welcome lionheart ,, any thoughts???
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
"Whether you love him or hate him, Tubby is an excellent scumhunter."~BM
[b]need 0 replacements for open189 pm me[/b]
Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:06 pm

Post by Rage »

@
Mod/TDC
, do you have any idea what's up with Brain of Wombat, or are you planning to prod him soon?
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:27 pm

Post by TDC »

I have prodded him three posts ago.
I also had a vote count two posts before you requested it.

You really should start reading my posts :P

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”