MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:53 am

Post by MacavityLock »

Korts wrote:BTW I really don't like how Ecto has just jumped wagon and put Puta at L-1, at least not for those reasons. I don't see how Puta being anti-town is a definite scumtell.
Agreed. Also, Ecto didn't answer my concerns from my previous post. Pretty much none of what he said in the attack on me made sense, and I'd like some explanations.
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:26 am

Post by TDC »

Vote Count
Puta Puta (5): ThAdmiral, darkdude, Brain of Wombat, Tarballs, Ectomancer

Rage (2): MacavityLock, gorckat
Tarballs (1): Rage

Not voting (4): tubby216, Puta Puta, chuckrock, Korts

Please stop talking about on-going games. This violates site-rules.

Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:02 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Korts wrote:A point in favor of Puta's honesty: I did meta him and I found a game (which you are also in, Ecto) and he does have one post with a Shakespeare quote, chronologically after he's supposedly noticed his mistake. However, not all of his consequent posts there are made in the form of a quote.

BTW I really don't like how Ecto has just jumped wagon and put Puta at L-1, at least not for those reasons. I don't see how Puta being anti-town is a definite scumtell.

unvote
You are WRONG. Flat out wrong. Puta's first Shakespearean quote occurred on Nov 11th in THIS game. She/He/It continued posting in that manner in THIS game. Go meta that again since I cant discuss ongoing games. Please dont jump in with this crap.

McCavity, I'll get to you. I had your response ready, copied the text, went back a page, hit quote, made a mistake and copied from a 2nd page I had open and lost the response.

Make no mistake as to my motivations. This is a POLICY lynch. If you dont like that, then policy lynch ME because you dont like policy lynches.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:14 am

Post by Korts »

Running the risk of referencing ongoing games, case in point: Puta's post no. 1 in isolation (Nov. 14th) in that other game. That would coincide with him realizing that he mistook the two games. However, his further posts and the lack of mod retaliation show that it's not a PR there, either. So my point wasn't that, in particular, I was just doing the others a favour and did a meta check on Puta.

My
actual
point is, which you casually ignore, is that your L-1 vote was on very shaky justification. Faking a PR isn't scummy, it's anti-town. Those two are not the same and anti-town shouldn't be a premise for a lynch. See Puta's most recent posts and you will notice that he has actually contributed with game relevant posts, listing suspicions and giving his reasons. You
acknowledged
this. I don't understand this sudden outburst by you.

I will not policy lynch you for advocating a policy lynch (although the irony itself would be worth it :D). What does make your lynch one that I'd like is that you're pushing a policy lynch that has been invalidated by Puta Puta's most recent posts, actual contribution on his part.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:16 am

Post by Korts »

Hmm. I'd say Tarballs and Ecto may be scumpartners. Ecto started pushing Puta's wagon not when it was valid, but when more and more people expressed suspicion of Tarballs. Deflecting attention much?

vote: Ectomancer
scumchat never die
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:01 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Im pushing the policy lynch because Im pushing the policy lynch. Do you opportunistically pair people much?
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:04 am

Post by Korts »

Ecto wrote:Im pushing the policy lynch because Im pushing the policy lynch.
So? That wasn't the point. The policy lynch you're advocating is invalid even by policy lynch standards.
Ecto wrote:Do you opportunistically pair people much?
Not really. I just found the timing very odd, especially considering that you had pointed out Puta's contributions to another player posts before.
scumchat never die
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:20 am

Post by Ectomancer »

unvote

I cant push a policy lynch. I'm angry. Site rules being broken. It was obviously not a mistake. Look at the quotes.
Puta Puta wrote:
darkdude wrote:
Reasons are helpful maybe?
I thought it was clear that I disapproved of the way he's been posting.
...I confused my roles/game with another one...opsies...anyways I have no problem with dying....
Would it be against any of the rules to tell us which game this was?
YES (talking about ongoing is a no no)
and sorry my eyes skipped over it.
Puta Puta wrote:It was meant for another game in which I was trying to portray myself as a devious anti-townie (not saying whether I am or not, lmfao)...my 'character' in the other game is a Shakespeare-obsessed fanboy while I plan to play this game more rationally cuz I actually know what (the fuck) is going on.
But I agree with you that you cant policy lynch without going against your win condition. It gets into that whole "what's the spirit of the game" debate.

But no, Im not defending by proxy.

darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:41 am

Post by darkdude »

Faking a PR isn't scummy, it's anti-town. Those two are not the same and anti-town shouldn't be a premise for a lynch.
Only scum and bad town players would do something obviously anti-town...so I do not see why this is not a valid reason for a Lynch.
Ecto started pushing Puta's wagon not when it was valid, but when more and more people expressed suspicion of Tarballs. Deflecting attention much?
And I could say that you and Puta are scumbuddies as well. Connections between players are hardly evidence until one of their alignments are revealed.

I just really don't like what Puta's been doing. First he makes some cryptic contentless posts, then backtracks saying it was a mistake...and now he's being suicidal. I mean, I can understand one or two posts made in a wrong game thread, but an entire set of Shakespeare? I count 7 posts with no content and just quotes...for sure any normal player would have noticed that? I don't buy it.
Puta Puta
Puta Puta
Goon
Puta Puta
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:57 am

Post by Puta Puta »

Ok look, I can't answer your questions about my previous cryptic posts without outting myself so QUIT IT. :(

FoS: Ectomancer
Puta Puta
Puta Puta
Goon
Puta Puta
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:58 am

Post by Puta Puta »

Ecto, what is your opinion of ThAdmiral?
ThAdmiral, what is your opinion of Ecto?
gorckat, what is your opinion of me and Ecto?
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:26 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Why ThAdmiral? I'd have to say you should address his comment that your hints all lead to killers.

chuckrock
chuckrock
Goon
chuckrock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:27 pm

Post by chuckrock »

Puta Puta wrote:Ok look, I can't answer your questions about my previous cryptic posts without outting myself so QUIT IT. :(

FoS: Ectomancer
This is the gist of your explanation?

You know, there is a write up in the Wiki called "Lynch a Liar." I can't find fault in it's logic.

I haven't seen much truth or detail in your stuff Puta. Also, I'm a little disappointed that you can't keep two games straight from the other. I'm flying in two and I clearly see the difference between them..

@Puta are you finished with defending yourself?
@kort I don't see a policy lynch, just bone-headed play. Explain a little more about the policy lynch, please.
Puta Puta
Puta Puta
Goon
Puta Puta
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:51 pm

Post by Puta Puta »

Ectomancer wrote:Why ThAdmiral? I'd have to say you should address his comment that your hints all lead to killers.
ZOMFG, AVOIDINGMYQUESTIONOBVSCUMRAWR :roll:
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:53 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

The irony :roll:

ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:41 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

@ puta:

On ecto: I agree with most of what he is saying and I like his play so far.

Also I think you are lying. And the likelihood of you being jester is minimal since you passed on what (you thought) was a chance to self-lynch, so I'm definitely happy with you dying.
Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:44 pm

Post by Rage »

darkdude wrote:Oooh.
Now, I'm not saying I believe the "oh, that? That was meant for another game!" excuse he's got going on right now, but I don't think there's enough evidence for me to believe he's scum
If he did lie then it is likely he is scum... why would town do this and then lie about it?
Real question to me or are you expressing dissatisfaction?
Ectomancer wrote:Why ThAdmiral? I'd have to say you
(Puta Puta)
should address his comment that your hints all lead to killers.
Seconded.
chuckrock wrote:You know, there is a write up in the Wiki called "Lynch a Liar." I can't find fault in it's logic.
I don't get your reference. How is he lying, and about what?
I'm a rageaholic! I just can't live without rageahol!
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:05 pm

Post by darkdude »

Also I think you are lying. And the likelihood of you being jester is minimal since you passed on what (you thought) was a chance to self-lynch, so I'm definitely happy with you dying.
If there is a jester in closed setup then it is bastard modding. Not much can be done about that, so we shouldn't worry about it.

However, I find the fact that you keep pointing out the possibility of jester (this is the second time, I believe) to be more interesting. It doesn't do anything other than to make town potentially hesitate a lynch.
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:05 pm

Post by darkdude »

Real question to me or are you expressing dissatisfaction?
Yeah, it is a question.
chuckrock
chuckrock
Goon
chuckrock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:12 pm

Post by chuckrock »

Rage wrote:
chuckrock wrote:You know, there is a write up in the Wiki called "Lynch a Liar." I can't find fault in it's logic.
I don't get your reference. How is he lying, and about what?
Which thread was he answering to? Also, why has he not kept up on the other thread? This is the problem with the whole issue.

I don't quite find all the references he has a credible on this mistake issue. I'm not necessarily calling him a liar, but he's clearly created a lot of confusion. So I guess what I meant; to clarify, is I don't find his posts or explanations credible at this point.

http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php ... _All_Liars

Here's the link.
Tarballs
Tarballs
Goon
Tarballs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:16 am

Post by Tarballs »

MacavityLock wrote:Having re-read the last few pages, I don't particularly like some people's jumping on the Puta wagon. Tarballs's vote seemed like yet another case of a guy trying to reserve a good spot on a wagon. He's now done it twice, the L-3 vote on both Rage and Puta
I see it more of a coincidence that it was L-3 both times. Also, time zone differences play a part in this too, as I'm sleeping when most of you are active and vice versa. Therefore, when I see that someone has said something scummy, several people have already placed their vote on that person, so if I do that too, it naturally might look like bandwagoning.
Tarball did tons of fence-sitting pointing out how he doesn't like this or that but no solid FoS or Vote.
I don't use FoSes. The main reason being that me pointing out how I "don't like this or that" already tells you of my suspicions.
The only time his one big/useful post mentioned Puta was about him being scummy for the "killing a cat" comment, which I took to be at best a joke on Tarballs' part.
That is correct, it was a joke. I thought the smiley at the end of that sentence kind of gave it away. But I did give reasons on why I was voting for Puta in #99.

People:
Have you actually read post #2? That tells us all the possible roles that may exist in this game, and I certainly can't find a Jester from that list. Even thinking about the possibility of a Jester is totally useless.

Also, I find it a bit silly how some people are already trying to find scum pairings. I'd say that we lynch whoever seems the scummiest, see if that person flips scum, and if they do,
then
go and find someone with a connection to the lynched scum.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:39 am

Post by gorckat »

Here and reading up, but not having time for analysis (work troubles, if I haven't already lamented them).

@Puta: Regardless of which game you wanted to quote Shakespeare to get all cryptic in, I can't say I care for the effort. It's distracting and not productive.

On ecto, can't say atm- I'd have to skim back.
chuckrock
chuckrock
Goon
chuckrock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:27 am

Post by chuckrock »

Okay gorckat. I'm still with you on the Puta thing.

Five posts? There are two more pages than you have posts. Is there any positive reason to lurk? It is a little hinke and then there's the whole lack of content issue. You don't say much and when you say it there not much to say.
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:22 pm

Post by darkdude »

People: Have you actually read post #2? That tells us all the possible roles that may exist in this game, and I certainly can't find a Jester from that list. Even thinking about the possibility of a Jester is totally useless.
I can't believe how stupid I was :-P. Didn't think of that while I was criticizing ThAdmiral.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”