Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:06 am

Post by Korts »

Tarballs wrote: I also don't like the "just an average townie" soft claim by BoW.
What gorckat said to Mac goes to you, too. Put your rod away. (nudge nudge, wink wink)
scumchat never die
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:10 am

Post by MacavityLock »

Korts wrote:BACKTRACK ALERT

MAN YOUR STATIONS

THIS IS NOT A DRILL
You think I don't realize that? I'll own up to it. I just ask that you think about both what a scum would do in that situation and what a townie would do.

Basically, I'll accept the scumminess point about my question to Wombat. But not about the backtrack.
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:25 am

Post by Korts »

Rage wrote:I want to hear from him to be certain of his intentions, instead of other players jetting in to say that he's just a newb and not to take his actions seriously, as though they want to defend him merely to put suspicion on me. Which is precisely what you are doing.
I have the notion that your suspicion of me roots in my suspicion of you. I am not defending BoW, I am just trying to highlight that there is, I think, almost equal motivation as newbtown and newbscum to call for a massclaim early on, and you are ignoring that fact.
Rage wrote:(and if he's a mason setting up someone for starting a case on him, there's the possibility of a scum Neighbour)
Why are you even speculating about his role? You mentioning him being a mason for the sake of proving that he could be an unconfirmed one is, well, pointless unless you have every intention of painting him as black as you can. Which isn't something I'd understand at this point in the game.
Rage wrote:I understand. I have a meta with darkdude outside of MS, too, but he's not a newb.
Granted. How long have you two been on MS? On the other hand, my point was that I am aware of such plays as BoW proposed, i.e. massclaim early Day 1 after night start, and his join date doesn't reinforce the assumption that he knows the mentality about such things on MS. I don't see how your and darkdude's outside meta was relevant to the quoted point.
Rage wrote:Yup, I understood what your view on these events were, but now that you've said that, how is asking one player to claim scummier than asking investigative roles or for a mass claim?
In theory, massclaim is worse. In context, though, considering my point about BoW's possible meta knowledge, and your fairly well-established presence on-site, your action was scummier, because you were trying to force a player to claim with virtually no discussion having happened up until that point.
Rage wrote:In this stage of the game, I think we have the best opportunity to see how much players' are opposed, or for, fishing for a roleclaim, and for whom. Right now I can see that darkdude, yourself (Korts) and Tarballs are opposed. I don't get a good read on who exactly is not opposed, but I'm sure that the people who haven't voted for me fill those spots up pretty nicely.
I wonder when people will stop doing scummy things and afterwards claiming to have fished for reactions. It encourages scummy play overall, and leads to possible false starts in scumhunting. Basically, every town player who does this is just hurting the meta by giving scum all over the site a valid cop-out.
Rage wrote:
Korts wrote:BTW, IGMEOY on everyone who jumped on Rage solely for using a quote from Wombat "out of context", since it was obvious he was misusing the phrase. I will look it up later to see who exactly those people are.
I think I will have something to say about this quote when Korts answers my "you think this is scummier than this" question above. For now, though, it seems like you're setting yourself up for a good attack on one of the player's voting for me if I flip Town, but I don't think anything for certain just yet.
Okay, I've answered. Now you answer, how is that not justification for attacking those who voted you solely for that BS reason?
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:26 am

Post by Korts »

MacavityLock wrote:
Korts wrote:BACKTRACK ALERT

MAN YOUR STATIONS

THIS IS NOT A DRILL
You think I don't realize that? I'll own up to it. I just ask that you think about both what a scum would do in that situation and what a townie would do.

Basically, I'll accept the scumminess point about my question to Wombat. But not about the backtrack.
I fully understand. I was just making a point that it's been noted.
scumchat never die
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:12 am

Post by TDC »

Vote Count
Rage (4): MacavityLock, Korts, Tarballs, gorckat

Brain of Wombat (1): Rage
tubby216 (1): darkdude

Not voting (6): Ectomancer, tubby216, Puta Puta, Brain of Wombat, ThAdmiral, chuckrock
Brain of Wombat
Brain of Wombat
Townie
Brain of Wombat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:35 pm

Post by Brain of Wombat »

Tarballs wrote: I also don't like the "just an average townie" soft claim by BoW. He's certainly becoming more suspicious, but it's not quite enough for me to change my vote yet.
That was meant to help end suspicion, not increase it.

Rage was accusing me of being scum, or a scum neighbour (whatever that is), or a mason or whatever. I was answering that by attempting to reassure him (and the rest of you) that I'm town by declaring myself both town and not a mason. I would consider a mason to be an irregular townie, whereas I'm a regular townie, that's all I meant.

I'd like to hear more from Puta Puta. His posts so far have been rather odd.
Puta Puta
Puta Puta
Goon
Puta Puta
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:44 pm

Post by Puta Puta »

Ectomancer wrote:
Puta Puta wrote:^..I wanna stab the cat (in your avatar) and decapitate its head.
Yes, but what does that have to do with the game of mafia? Any thoughts on that topic?
ummm, haha BoW your post (above this one) reeks of scuminess...by asserting that you are 'both town and not a mason' ...

1) you scum
2) for all I care you might as well be scum, cause you gon' make us lose, brotha.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:45 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

I can definitely see where mcavity was coming from (btw is that from cats?).
I can understand if he was not so much asking for clarification on brain's "claim", but basically looking at the words he said, namely:
Brain of Wombat wrote:I'm just an average townie, that's it.
and then
Brain of Wombat wrote:I'm not making a full on claim yet
and thinking "how can that not be a full claim?"
I agree that brain deserved to be called out on that.

Furthermore, on the topic of claims, I am going to have to presume that puta has hinted at his/her claim with the lady macbeth stuff and the violent post about killing ecto's cat, and that he/she/it is somehow involved with the serial killer/mafia.

So
vote: puta puta

(maybe this will get him/her/the thing posting more helpfully...)
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:56 pm

Post by darkdude »

Puta wrote: ummm, haha BoW your post (above this one) reeks of scuminess...by asserting that you are 'both town and not a mason' ...

1) you scum
2) for all I care you might as well be scum, cause you gon' make us lose, brotha.
Please elaborate. At the moment it seems pretty much like OMGUS to me.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:27 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

ThAdmiral wrote:(btw is that from cats?).
QFT. I'm a fan of TS Eliot's poems (not so much the musical).
ThAdmiral wrote:I can understand if he was not so much asking for clarification on brain's "claim", but basically looking at the words he said, namely:
Brain of Wombat wrote:I'm just an average townie, that's it.
and then
Brain of Wombat wrote:I'm not making a full on claim yet
and thinking "how can that not be a full claim?"
I agree that brain deserved to be called out on that.
QFT.
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:11 am

Post by tubby216 »

man i feel like i need to post here but i trully have nothing of any substance to add,, sorry, i will re-read and try to add mor tomorrow,,
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
"Whether you love him or hate him, Tubby is an excellent scumhunter."~BM
[b]need 0 replacements for open189 pm me[/b]
Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:56 am

Post by Rage »

Don't expect too much from me today, I'm very busy!

@Korts, I'll respond when I have time.
I'm a rageaholic! I just can't live without rageahol!
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:22 am

Post by gorckat »

Thad wrote:Furthermore, on the topic of claims, I am going to have to presume that puta has hinted at his/her claim with the lady macbeth stuff and the violent post about killing ecto's cat, and that he/she/it is somehow involved with the serial killer/mafia.

So vote: puta puta
Lady Macbeth's insanity was represented by prose, not iambic pentameter. I would hope anyone trying drop that as an SK hint (why I have no clue) would at least do it that well.

puta's "2) for all I care you might as well be scum, cause you gon' make us lose, brotha." is more interesting to me. Don't like it.
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:06 pm

Post by darkdude »

Not much happened yet?

Unvote: tubby216
Vote: Puta Puta
Puta Puta
Puta Puta
Goon
Puta Puta
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:33 pm

Post by Puta Puta »

gorckat wrote:
Thad wrote:Furthermore, on the topic of claims, I am going to have to presume that puta has hinted at his/her claim with the lady macbeth stuff and the violent post about killing ecto's cat, and that he/she/it is somehow involved with the serial killer/mafia.

Lady Macbeth's insanity was represented by prose, not iambic pentameter. I would hope anyone trying drop that as an SK hint (why I have no clue) would at least do it that well.

puta's "2) for all I care you might as well be scum, cause you gon' make us lose, brotha." is more interesting to me. Don't like it.
Set honour in one eye and death i' the other,
And I will look on both indifferently.
Brain of Wombat
Brain of Wombat
Townie
Brain of Wombat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:42 pm

Puta Puta wrote:
gorckat wrote:

For Brutus is an honourable man;
So are they all; all honourable men

Still not really choosing your heroes very well here. Brutus, a man who stabbed another in the back.

More Shakespeare, no answers.

I think we need to apply a little pressure to Mr Puta, see if he can give us any words of his own.

Brain of Wombat
Brain of Wombat
Townie
Brain of Wombat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:48 pm

Also, at the risk of asking a silly question, when is the deadline for Day One?
Puta Puta
Puta Puta
Goon
Puta Puta
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:49 pm

Post by Puta Puta »

Brain of Wombat wrote:
Puta Puta wrote:
gorckat wrote:

For Brutus is an honourable man;
So are they all; all honourable men

Still not really choosing your heroes very well here. Brutus, a man who stabbed another in the back.

More Shakespeare, no answers.

I think we need to apply a little pressure to Mr Puta, see if he can give us any words of his own.

’T is a fault to Heaven,
A fault against the dead, a fault to nature,
To reason most absurd.
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:59 pm

Post by darkdude »

Do you realize that if your posts lack content, then you are basically lurking.
Puta Puta
Puta Puta
Goon
Puta Puta
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:02 pm

Post by Puta Puta »

darkdude wrote:Do you realize that if your posts lack content, then you are basically lurking.
In the words you see so well, there lies a hidden clue that will surely help you later.
Brain of Wombat
Brain of Wombat
Townie
Brain of Wombat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:40 pm

Puta Puta wrote:’T is a fault to Heaven,
A fault against the dead, a fault to nature,
To reason most absurd.
Claudius from Hamlet, another murderer.

Lady Macbeth, Brutus, Claudius - I'm seeing a theme here of killing your way to the top. I dunno, dude, that sounds
ever so slightly
scummy to me.

I say again, drop the Shakespeare and try using your own words, because I gotta agree with darkdude; what you're doing isn't really contributing.
chuckrock
chuckrock
Goon
chuckrock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:47 pm

Post by chuckrock »

I've got to say that all the Shakespeare is giving a headache.

Also, the cat comment was a little disturbing.

Too many hidden messages.

FOS: Puta Puta
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:17 pm

Post by Korts »

ThAdmiral wrote:Furthermore, on the topic of claims, I am going to have to presume that puta has hinted at his/her claim with the lady macbeth stuff and the violent post about killing ecto's cat, and that he/she/it is somehow involved with the serial killer/mafia.
What benefit do you suppose he'd have by breadcrumbing to be scum, of all things?

Puta Puta, you obviously
can
post other than in Shakespeare quotes, as evidenced by multiple of your posts, therefore I'm ruling out post restriction. Thus, PRs not coming into play, HOW WOULD YOU FEEL ABOUT NOT HINTING AT YOUR ROLE? Unless you're scum, of course.

On a related note, Puta, HOW WOULD YOU FEEL ABOUT ACTUALLY HELPING?
scumchat never die
chuckrock
chuckrock
Goon
chuckrock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:18 am

Post by chuckrock »

Puta, I just thought about it and I'd rather the Shakespeare than if you moved say to Haiku. Stay away from the haiku.

I'd like to see what your response is to Korts, he does have a point. I'll vote based on your answer.
Tarballs
Tarballs
Goon
Tarballs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:39 am

Post by Tarballs »

Unvote

Don't get me wrong, I like riddles. But you're nothing more than a huge puzzle right now. I'm not sure if you've posted any
real
content at all. And as stated, your "hidden clues" seem to suggest that you're anti-town. So, I think it's time for you to start making some sense.
Brain of Wombat wrote:Also, at the risk of asking a silly question, when is the deadline for Day One?
I'm not sure if it was there when you asked it, but the deadline can be found from the title. So, it's December 1st.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”