Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1300 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:53 pm

Post by Adel »

ThAdmiral in 757 wrote:This is a rundown of how i'm feeling about everybody. It is unfortunately not very long.

Ectomancer - town due to innocent result.

Rage - believe his claim, so town.

tubby216 - reacted to pressure poorly, but there was a lot of pressure put on him. not sure, but would not protest his lynch although probably wouldn't take part.

insanepenguin02 - mostly confusing, and has mainly said stuff I don't agree with. The main one is the whole "I hammered darkdude so I can't be scum" thing (note: that was not an actual quote - I was almost lynched in another game for this because it was deemed to be misrepresenting). Once again would not protest his lynch, and this time I probably would take part.

Kison - my vote is on him at the moment, but it is not so much that he is a very good suspect, but that I don't have any very good suspects, and he is at least a fairly good suspect.

Korts - posts a lot, and that generally sways me in to thinking someone is more likely town, but this is flawed reasoning, and there is something in my gut that doesn't like him in this game. Don't have any actual reason to suspect him though, and
he was instrumental in lynching darkdude
, so town points there.

afatchic - replaced a bunch of people I didn't really have a tell on, and I still don't really have a tell on afatchic. Just refreshed the game and saw korts most recent post, and have to agree that the last page or so is not good.

Adel - I think adel is town, at least I certainly hope adel is town, because he is having a large influence on this game.
Has been very pro-town with scum-hunting/pressure/discussion-encouraging. My question is: due to metagaming, would adel-scum feel the need to do so much pro-town activity so as not to be obviously scum, or could adel-scum just not contribute as much and get away with it?
why did you think that he was instrumental in lynching darkdude? I didn't see it, but I took your word for it, once you were dead.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1301 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:32 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

he was pushing the darkdude case pretty hard all of day 2....
other than that I can't really remember. It was a while ago!

anyway i think this game had a really good playing group and i look forward to playing with you guys again.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #1302 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:04 am

Post by Korts »

Me too.

Adel, why did you hammer Kison instead of me? I thought he had a more convincing case than I did.
scumchat never die
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1303 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:51 am

Post by Adel »

I walked into the day thinking that Kison was probably scum, but I needed more information from your first. There were a lot of small things. The fact that the two of you were so similar in so many ways (who you voted for and when, who you attacked and when, ect) helped. There were differences:
1. Tubby and Darkdude followed my vote onto IH (Kison-town tell)
2. The darkdude lynch (Korts-town tell)
3. ThAdmiral was killed before Ecto, and his was pro-Korts (Korts-town tell)
4. Kison expressed suspicion of Ecto after ThAdmiral's death (Kison-scum tell)

I did not find Kison's posts during Day 6 to be convincing, and your's were just good enough.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1304 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:17 am

Post by Kison »

I still don't get where I expressed suspicion of Ectomancer.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #1305 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:54 am

Post by MacavityLock »

Come to think of it, why did scum NK me on Night 1? I was under heavy suspicion from 2 talkative townies (Korts and Ecto).
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1306 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:53 am

Post by TDC »

Hey there,
I actually have sort of access this week (though none of it last week), so might as well comment/ask now:
Adel wrote:I'm looking forward to playing in TDC's future normal games.
Thanks. I was thinking about making a large normal. That was a few months ago, while I was waiting in the mini queue, since then many large normals have started, so I'm not too sure whether the demand is still there.
Kison wrote:From what TDC said before I joined the game, each individual could only have one gun at any given time
Not quite. You can have as many guns as you want, but you can only use one each night (or rather, you can only use one night action), so having more than one is kind of pointless in most situations.

--

ThAdmiral: When, in his only sane post, Puta Puta asked you what you thought about Ectomancer, did you just not notice the correlation with your received result? I was wondering ever since you claimed the result why nobody asked you this question.
Adel: Where did you get the idea that I'm a geek? :P
Kison: Did you consider claiming to have prevented the N2 kill? I suppose surviving a night as "confirmed final power role" is kind of problematic, too..

--

Any suggestions?
Could/should I've dealt differently with Puta? I never suspected he was Gimbo, although (or because?) I've read a few games with Gimbo in them. Some of you PM'd me about him not playing to win. This is, in hindsight, true, but I didn't feel able to judge at the time.
How did you find the setup? It turned out rather different than I thought with two power roles dying early and Rage never tracking the right person. But despite that, I think it served it's purpose. I particularly enjoyed reading the confusion about the missing guns and power roles.
How did you find the deadlines? I think I should reduce the carry over of saved days to half the saved days. Some days got really lengthy due to the previous day ending very early.

--

I'd like to thank those of you who didn't need to get replaced, and especially those who replaced in and of course Albert for monitoring the crucial hours.

There was more I wanted to say, but my notes are on my home computer and I'm tired.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #1307 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:57 am

Post by MacavityLock »

TDC wrote:ThAdmiral: When, in his only sane post, Puta Puta asked you what you thought about Ectomancer, did you just not notice the correlation with your received result? I was wondering ever since you claimed the result why nobody asked you this question.
Seriously, once Puta was outed as Amnesiac Cop, how did no one notice this?

BTW, I agree that TDC's setup was real nifty.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1308 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:50 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

TDC wrote:ThAdmiral: When, in his only sane post, Puta Puta asked you what you thought about Ectomancer, did you just not notice the correlation with your received result? I was wondering ever since you claimed the result why nobody asked you this question.
In hindsight i probably should have paid more heed to this, but he had rambled on so much I basically discounted everything he said as just fluff.
I had also not encountered the amnesiac cop before so I was unsure as to how I got the result in the first place (i.e. I didn't read the "possible roles" post either - which I should have).
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1309 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:44 pm

Post by tubby216 »

this was a really hard game for me to play,, i was trying really hard but i faltered bad underpressure but then agian i have never been pressured like that before in a game or since,, adel i would like that final annalysy of me in this game,, but if you would rather wait becuse you think it will help in that "other" game we are in then thats fine too.

i appologize to my partners i tried hard and when i was going down and knew it was trying to make the flames so high it left no trace of you,,
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
"Whether you love him or hate him, Tubby is an excellent scumhunter."~BM
[b]need 0 replacements for open189 pm me[/b]
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1310 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:38 pm

Post by Adel »

TDC wrote: Adel: Where did you get the idea that I'm a geek?
modular role pms.
How did you find the setup?
pretty great. I especially liked the semi-open part with the group abilities.
tubby216 wrote:this was a really hard game for me to play,, i was trying really hard but i faltered bad underpressure but then agian i have never been pressured like that before in a game or since,, adel i would like that final annalysy of me in this game,, but if you would rather wait becuse you think it will help in that "other" game we are in then thats fine too.

i appologize to my partners i tried hard and when i was going down and knew it was trying to make the flames so high it left no trace of you,,
I hope I didn't make the game too un-fun for you. I'll talk to you more after the other game is over-- I didn't realize that you were in it until after I replaced into it.
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1311 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:30 pm

Post by darkdude »

Nah, if anyone played bad it was me; I somehow got into a trap set by Ecto without even realizing even to the very end how I did something scummy.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1312 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:36 am

Post by Ectomancer »

By the way, this game just reinforced my idea that I do fine at the beginning of games and almost never have a problem getting one started, but my endgame leaves something to be desired :x
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1313 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:04 pm

Post by tubby216 »

Adel wrote: I hope I didn't make the game too un-fun for you. I'll talk to you more after the other game is over-- I didn't realize that you were in it until after I replaced into it.
no not at all i have just never been pushed in that manner before so it was kinda cool and kinda scary ,,, but with that said we'll link up later
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1314 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:48 am

Post by tubby216 »

i also wanted to add to tdc,, this game was challenging and really fun i enjoyed this set up emensly great job
Brain of Wombat
Brain of Wombat
Townie
Brain of Wombat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1315 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:53 am

Post by Brain of Wombat »

Hello again, everybody.

Impressed that my replacement lasted to the end, especially after my suicide attempt.

I would just like to mention that in the 4 months it has taken you to finish this 12 man game, I have played and completed two 40-man games, and am a matter of weeks from completing a third.

Seriously, I have no idea how you manage to play so slowly. You don't need a month for 12 people to decide on a lynch, you don't even need a week, it should only take 2 or 3 days at most.

I should mod a game here at that kind of pace and see what happens :D
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1316 (ISO) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:56 am

Post by Ectomancer »

These are the kind of games where you can post once a day and be active. You don't mean to tell me that you think 2 or 3 posts per person is enough to lynch someone?
If you are looking for speedier games, there are alternatives and some are advertised and enforced with hard deadlines.
The biggest rebuttal to the complaint is that, as you can see, we won. I'd rather take my time for a win than rush to a defeat.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1317 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:14 am

Post by TDC »

If anyone of you is not interested in playing an upcoming large normal, I would appreciate if you could review it. :)

Otherwise, feel free to pre-in.
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1318 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:36 am

Post by darkdude »

You mean, with a similar semi-open style as this one?
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #1319 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:00 am

Post by Korts »

Depending on whether RL clears up by then there's a chance I'll want to join that game, so sorry :(
scumchat never die
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1320 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:15 am

Post by TDC »

darkdude wrote:You mean, with a similar semi-open style as this one?
Yes.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1321 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:16 am

Post by Adel »

TDC wrote:If anyone of you is not interested in playing an upcoming large normal, I would appreciate if you could review it. :)

Otherwise, feel free to pre-in.
I'll be happy to review it. Have you considered trying out the Deep South mechanic?

PM me :)
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1322 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:28 am

Post by TDC »

I'm under the impression that such a game would not be "Normal" anymore.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #1323 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:46 am

Post by Korts »

TDC wrote:I'm under the impression that such a game would not be "Normal" anymore.
Ah, but it would go into sign-ups that much faster for this reason.
scumchat never die
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1324 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:10 pm

Post by TDC »

I'm not qualified to mod Large Themes.. so there ;)

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”