Post Post #34 (isolation #0) » Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:55 am

Post by Thok »

I have an announcement.

I may or may not be the Kingmaker.

Also,
vote Fritzler

That is all.

:)
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #49 (isolation #1) » Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:50 pm

Post by Thok »

Mert wrote:Talking of discussion, are people happy with the "List of Execution" system that was used in the last game? To those lucky people that were in the first one, do you feel that it worked sufficiently or would you change the mechanics? To those that weren't (myself included), I guess a more general question of whether you think there should be rules that the King must follow and if so, what (and how prescriptive) should they be?
I personally believe that the List of Execution is only as useful as the town/king who use it. Early on, I'd agree with some limits to the King, but we don't want the king to just blend in by following the will of the town.

Certainly I disagree with any sort of requirement that the king must have the support of X% of the town in making a decision, as that just gives scum a chance to bandwagon/try to blend in with the voting block (like say PJ tried to do day 1 in Kingmaker 2).

I also believe that it is partially the responsibility of the king to promote discussion/encourage debate/bring up issues; a good king can help town as much by promoting discussion and clarifying what issues are important as by executing scum.

Is it worthwhile to speculate on the size of the scum group?

Yosarian, have you been drinking today? You're a bit more chatty/humorous than normal.

As a side note, I want to complement BMQ on some of the tweaks he's made to the setup, which seem to make parts of this game very different than the last one. (In particular, I expect the endgame to have a different flavor than Kingmaker 1.)
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #54 (isolation #2) » Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:34 pm

Post by Thok »

The endgame in Kingmaker I was highly affected by the "No repeated kings" rule, in a way that dominated much of the endgame discussion/endgame play. In Kingmaker II the "No repeated kings" rule has been removed for endgame.

(In particular, the incentive I had to test your Hero claim at the end of Kingmaker I was essentially removed in this game.)
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #112 (isolation #3) » Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:26 am

Post by Thok »

cardb0ardb0x wrote:fine. lynch me. if, after you lynch me, i'm a townie, just please, like, examine mrbuddylee. he's kind of obnoxious. if town wins, i'll count it as a win for me even if i'm lynched in the first round.

honestly, i trust pj to make the right descision. and actually read what i write. i admit i made factual errors in my earlier posts. i know i'm easy to bandwagon. no self-respecting mafia player would NOT vote for me. Sorry for distracting everybody during the first round and wasting a lynch.
Why are you claiming? It can't possibly be a useful strategy here. (Maybe the Kingmaker should claim if on a LOE. IMOMNBTK [I may or may not be the kingmaker-since I expect to be saying this phrase a lot, I better just create an acronym now])

The only argument I can see in favor keeping you around is that you are behaving much like RandomActs did day 1 in Kingmaker I. Which lead to the lynch of a townie.

On other things:

Glork-pablito makes me more suspicious of pablito then Glork; if one of them is scum it's much more likely to be pablito, who was seemingly trying to link himself with a player of high reputation.

I agree with the trying to keep the Kingmaker as hidden as possible; I was making this argument even before the endgame justification in Kingmaker I. I'd prefer that scum doesn't get a chance to kill a kingmaker who's good at his job in hopes of replacing him with a less talented kingmaker. (IMOMNBTK).

In general I agree with PJ's big post.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #126 (isolation #4) » Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:54 am

Post by Thok »

ShadowLurker wrote:Although that was a joke, I would just like to say we should ALWAYS give the King the benefit of the doubt or else, this day won't be productive at all.

So for now, assume PJ is town and his intentions are good so we won't get sidetracked.
It's not as if anybody will be king permanently. If you think there's evidence that a king is scum, you should point it out for town to consider on future days.

(It's also conceivable that putting pressure on a scum king might force him into making a suboptimal execution.)

I think this warrants an
FOS Shaodwlurker
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #130 (isolation #5) » Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:44 pm

Post by Thok »

In defense of MOS, his position on voting was essentially that of Fuldu in Kingmaker I. (Of course, that position got Fuldu in trouble also.) As long as he actually does his homework of saying who he finds suspicious and gives reasons for those suspicions, I don't quite mind him not voting; I'll only hold it against him if he does start lurking and stops provide helpful content.

I mean, I would prefer it if MOS made votes, built cases, caught scum, and generally did constructive things to help clarify the game to town. And such behavior is also a good example to others in the game; posting votes and generally being active will encourage people to participate, which is a fairly big concern in this setup.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #133 (isolation #6) » Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:01 pm

Post by Thok »

ShadowLurker wrote:Yeah, I'm sure we'll get tons done in the day arguing whether over the current King is scum or not.
Any day where the King is scum is likely a lost day anyways. In that case you might as well point out why he is scum; maybe you can convince town to have such a scum test a hero claim or try to execute a likely partner.

Vikingfan may want to clarify this, but from my point of view part of the reason town won Kingmaker I is because I was willing to attack broomhead the second time he was king.

I mean, as of right now PJ is solidly in my protown list. But that's because I agree with his posting; I'm not going to give him a free pass just because he's the king.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #134 (isolation #7) » Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:05 pm

Post by Thok »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:Thok, you should fix your siggy. You need quotes around hiab's name.
It's deliberate. If I actually put the quotes there, then I just get a sentence (and no quote box or reference to hiab, since quote boxes are disabled in sigs). I really should just put hiab's name at the end of the sentence and no quote tags at all, but I prefer this style.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #170 (isolation #8) » Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:55 am

Post by Thok »

cardb0ardb0x wrote:
Thok wrote:Why are you claiming?
SpectrumVoid wrote:Claiming when not under pressure is a scum-tell.
Other people have said this too. Here's the deal:

There are only mafia and townies in this game. Everyone in the entire game is trying to claim townie right now. Would someone try to claim mafia? Am I missing something?
Let me rephrase my question. What do you expect to gain from saying you are a townie? Even if there's no disadvantage to claiming (which I don't think is true), you can't really expect people to suddenly go "Oh my god! carb0ardb0x claimed townie! He's definately not mafia!"

In my mind, your claiming seems to have no advantage, and the possibility of an actual disadvantage.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #172 (isolation #9) » Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:19 am

Post by Thok »

Thinking about the MBL-Vaughn-Ameliaslay sorta jump on PJ, I realized that we really ought to get Vaughn/Ameliasly/vikingfan to say something about their experiences as scum in Kingmaker I, just to get some possibly different perspective on scum strategies in this sort of game.

I find it weird that Ameliaslay didn't have something to say about PJ's comments but only reacted to MBL's followup (Vaughn at least made some small comments about wagonning before that observation), and I believe that's worth a
vote Ameliaslay
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #174 (isolation #10) » Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:07 am

Post by Thok »

Ameliaslay wrote:My
non-comment
on PJ's thoughts was only post-poned til later this evening, when I take a break from writing this darn paper.
Huh?
confirm vote Ameliaslay
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #177 (isolation #11) » Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:43 am

Post by Thok »

Um, then why wouldn't she just say comment? It seems like a weird choice of wording, as though she was essentially admitting she was going to make some sort of active lurking comment that didn't say anything.

My first thought on reading PJ's big post wasn't "He's trying to promote that he's protown this time", it was "Wow, that's a bunch of good ideas for us to think about." He didn't have to post any of those comments at all. There's also a lack of symmetry; I've probably been implicitly hinting at the usefulness of my protown experience from last game as much as PJ's been hinting at the usefulness of his scum experience from last tme, but there's was no parallel jump on me as there was on PJ.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #205 (isolation #12) » Sun Sep 17, 2006 12:45 pm

Post by Thok »

Ameliaslay wrote:
Thok wrote:Um, then why wouldn't she just say comment? It seems like a weird choice of wording, as though she was essentially admitting she was going to make some sort of active lurking comment that didn't say anything.
I thought you'd appreciate the fact that I'm intending to post, and wouldn't be posting just because you called me out or whatever.. but essentially twas a placeholder.
I can appreciate that you were already planning to post; my concern was specifically about the use of the word non-comment, which seems like an odd choice of phrase. (It seemed to suggest that you'd be delibarately making a contentless response to PJ at a later time, not that you were busy and unable to respond until a later time). If you had said "I'm currently busy with a paper, and I'll comment about PJ once I get done with it", you'd say the same thing, but in a less confusing and.or worrisome manner. But maybe I'm just reading too much into your reasons for using non.

Glork's defense of you is noted, although that really says more about Glork than you. (Ironic, since I'm going to defend myself in this post against the same accusation from Vaughn.)
Thok wrote:I agree with the trying to keep the Kingmaker as hidden as possible; I was making this argument even before the endgame justification in Kingmaker I. I'd prefer that scum doesn't get a chance to kill a kingmaker who's good at his job in hopes of replacing him with a less talented kingmaker. (IMOMNBTK
I didn't really read the endgame of I, so I'd never really thought about it like that... I honestly couldn't ever think of the Kingmaker as a very important confirmable person. I'm glad you brought that out, that makes it a lot clearer in my mind..
I'll comment that you may have misinterpreted my comments about endgame justification; in the endgame in Kingmaker 1 it was believed to be important to keep the kingmaker hidden to prevent scum from obtaining a position where they could win the game by force (because of the no repeat kings rule and the kingmaker cannot become king rule). Obviously, that justification doesn't apply to this game, as the no repeats rule has been thrown out for endgame.

@spectrumvoid-BMQ will periodically make lists of who is voting for who; you'll recognize them since they're green. He's done two so far.

@cardboardbox-I asked you a question about what you hoped to gain by claiming. I'd like to hear an answer.

@Vaughn-I've been posting my thoughts on much of the activity in this thread (MoS's refusal to vote, cardboard's sorta meltdown, even some random humor by Yos). I also didn't try to justify his actions in my post; I merely explained my reactions to his comments and pointed out that attacking PJ for bringing up his experience as scum in Kingmaker 1 only makes sense if you'd be just as willing to attack me for bringing up my experience as town in Kingmaker 1; the only difference in the two attacks depends on our alignment in Kingmaker 1, which is irrelevant to Kingmaker 2.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #226 (isolation #13) » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:19 am

Post by Thok »

Um, yeah.
vote pablito
, way too certain that Glork is town, and way too much sucking up to Glork.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #252 (isolation #14) » Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:34 am

Post by Thok »

MrBuddyLee wrote:Pablito is definitely scum. Who else sees the slightest bit of difference between an FOS and a vote in THIS game? Only jumpy scum.

For the record, I'm thrilled with MoS's policy of not voting. No problem with it whatsoever.
As a person who frequently uses both FOS's and IGMEOY's in non-Kingmaker games, I could see the difference between a vote and an FOS here; it's showing how confident you are in you judgement.

That said, pablito's last comment gives me a bit of a pablito-bird scum vibe; specifically the fact that pablito is calling out bird for being lurkerish, while changing his vote to an FOS. It's enough to for a
vote bird
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #261 (isolation #15) » Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:32 pm

Post by Thok »

cardb0ardb0x wrote:
Ameliaslay wrote:
cardb0ardb0x wrote:Umm... 1 newbie question. How long are days/nights expected to take in an online mafia game? And yeah, FoSes and votes are kinda different, even though the rules of kingmaker don't specifically state so.
Getting antsy for it to be night? :D
lol kind of, i'm used to entire games taking sometime over half an hour, as opposed to half a year... and it must kind of stink to spend 14 days deliberating and end up lynching a townie...
Reading a few games on the site will get you a feel for how long they are. For day one of a game this size, 3 weeks to a month is close to typical, the longest I've seen is two months for a single day. Figure that you're in for a 6 month commitment (assuming you aren't nightkilled or lynched earlier); the first Kingmaker ran for about 5 months and was 8 game days long, for an average of about two weeks a game day (plus some extra time for game nights that should go faster this time around).

There are other sites with faster paced games. And there are occasionally games designed to go faster.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #289 (isolation #16) » Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:30 pm

Post by Thok »

pablito wrote:@Thok, what's your thought on Mert?
Gah- I hadn't been really paying attention to him in particular, and you forced me to do a reread. He's probably spent a bit too much time on theory discussion for me (which is a good way of actively lurking early in the game), but I have less trouble with his votes.

I'm also not sure he'd repropose a system that was linked in part to PJ and scum last time, although this is prone to WIFOM.

I also saw your attacks on Mert, and I felt you were overpressing your attack on his votes; I see all of his votes being reasonable reactions to what's happened in the thread.

Why are you asking me in particular?

Also, on rethinking,
vote Vaughn, unvote Ameliaslay, unvote Fritzler
. Of my votes, I favor a pablito or Vaughn execution currently.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #298 (isolation #17) » Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:49 pm

Post by Thok »

Wonders what pablito thinks he is talking about.

@Vaughn-reasons you are on my chopping block

1. The jump on MBL's comment about PJ.
2. Your response to my response, which I've decided is strangely phrased. You seem to be attacking me/PJ, but you never come out and say it.
3. Backpedalling on your initial support of wagonning (Vaughnscum backpedals routinely)
4. Semilurking, you don't really have that much content compared to some. For example, the only players you've commented about are PJ/Glork/me/pablito, and you've only discussed me because I forced my way into your comments about PJ and said I thought you were a good lynch.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #327 (isolation #18) » Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:40 am

Post by Thok »

pablito wrote:Nonetheless,
vote: ChannelDelibird
. I find that both Mert and CDB are openly suspecting people because of themes (wacky voting or tying people together) and are failing to jump out of that box.

This is probably a weak case, but the patterns are too odd to not point out. Plus I find that sensible scum often hide behind such "rules" so that they can justify their votes.
You seem to have a rule of voting for people who vote based off of rules. I'm curious to see if you plan to vote yourself.

It's also weird that you vote CDB for following a rule in a post where you claimed he broke that rule. This is the second time where your words and your votes don't seem to match up.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #332 (isolation #19) » Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:52 pm

Post by Thok »

You do realize that in this game, placing a majority vote doesn't matter? The difference between a person having 13 or 14 votes is irrelevant; in either case a substantial number of people find that person suspsicious, and the king can take that into consideration.

It's unclear to me how your wildness/unnecessary behavior is helping town find scum; it's clear that your behavior encourages people to focus on you and allows others to hide while you dance around going "Tra La La, look at me, I are smart".

Wither Vaughn?
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #339 (isolation #20) » Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:11 pm

Post by Thok »

pablito wrote:Well, Thok, wrong or not, would you rather I shut up? I don't see how that helps any more. I can tone myself down, but I think pointing at some of the lesser visible players is only helping the town. While I have attracted attention, I have also pointed out some of the people that have stayed in the limelight. I know my arguments aren't always the best, but I pick up on the small things that no one else sees.
I don't necessarily want you to shut up, but I think if you are town, you'd be better served by thinking through your posts more carefully.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #348 (isolation #21) » Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:55 pm

Post by Thok »

Just to make sure he doesn't avoid being pressured (only two posts, one of which is to promote a glork/pablito pairing), I'll
vote Dead Rikimaru
, although he should also possibly be prodded.

I'll also
vote Nightson
, mostly metagame based on vikingfan being replaced.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #354 (isolation #22) » Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:12 am

Post by Thok »

Phoebus wrote:@Thok: eh...why do you want to open that can of worms?
Meta gaming so early on?

I have known cases where people asked to be replaced because they were under pressure or looked ahead and thought they couldn't handle the pressure. Yet, such behaviour needs to be monitored and remembered. Starting so early will just lead to unpleasantness.
I realize that, and there are people I wouldn't vote for needing a replacement. But given the tone of some of the discussions we have (especially the references/interest in Kingmaker 1), vikingfan asking for a replacement in this game is worth keeping an eye on.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #378 (isolation #23) » Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:09 pm

Post by Thok »

Ameliaslay wrote:
Thok wrote:I realize that, and there are people I wouldn't vote for needing a replacement. But given the tone of some of the discussions we have (especially the references/interest in Kingmaker 1), vikingfan asking for a replacement in this game is worth keeping an eye on.
Two different situations, interesting that you bring it up… Vikingfan’s request for a replacement came late in the game when he was clearly under pressure, how can you compare them?
I'm not sure what exactly you are talking about. Or rather, I sort of think I know what you are talking about, but wonder why you would try to interpret my comments in that way, since that was clearly not what I meant at all, and I have a hard time believing that my statement could have been read that way.

Vote Ameliaslay
, since I think you're trying way to hard to attack Nightson in your last post. (I personally feel pablito is also trying too hard to attack Nightson, but well, I'm already voting him.) I can't decide if this is an attempt at busing scum or trying to create a bandwagon on an innocent.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #409 (isolation #24) » Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:04 pm

Post by Thok »

Sorry, I've been neglecting this game (and some others) the last few days.

I really dislike Pablito's play; not so much for the people he's attacking/defending, but because I feel like he's coming up with the crappiest reasons for his attacks. Honestly, if he is town, he should realize that a badly reasoned attack on somebody might as well be a defense of that person, since all it does is make them look like a martyr. I don't see a reason to unvote, him, because I do think he's been scummy, but I doubt we get any info from executing him other than his role alignment.

That said, of the people PJ has suggested I'd probably prefer a Phoebus execution to a bird execution (although I should reread bird's posts to see what he's been doing). I think I'd prefer a Vaughn or Ameliaslay lynch over either of them for the reasons I've mentioned before.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #411 (isolation #25) » Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:41 pm

Post by Thok »

pablito wrote:Thok, you'll never understand my style of play and I've accepted it. We've gone over it before.
I understand how your "style of play" is supposed to work. I think you do a poor job of implementing it.

Honestly, if you think your style of play is working correctly, show me some games where you were town, and your current style of play lead to scum being lynched.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #413 (isolation #26) » Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:51 pm

Post by Thok »

Whatever.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #418 (isolation #27) » Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:48 am

Post by Thok »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:You should also consider executing one of Thok, Ubertimmy, or Yosarian2. I bet at least one of them is scum.
OK, humor me. Why are you including Ubertimmy with me and Yos2?

I can see reasonable playstyle reasons/metagame reasons for grouping me and Yos2 as similar players in this game (both of us were in Kingmaker I, were protown, made it to endgame, and have been relatively talkative. We're probably also both fairly likely to be nightkilled early on by scum if we are town). The inclusion of ubertimmy, who doesn't satisfy any of the previous conditions, strikes me as strange.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #422 (isolation #28) » Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:24 pm

Post by Thok »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:Also, anyone who is voting a lot of people but has no one voting them is suspect in my book. That means they're spreading suspicion around while laying low enough that no one is really watching them. Add Twomz to the list right next to Thok tyvm.
You're seriously claiming that I've been "lying low"? I've already been in arguments with Ameliaslay, Vaughn, Pablito, and now you. I believe the only people with more posts in this game than me are Glork and pablito.

Also, using votes as a criterion for whether somebody has been picking up/spreading suspicions seems suspect coming from you, given that you've specifically chosen not to vote. If you'd actually have backed up your "gut" with votes, you'd currently be voting at least four people (possibly more depending on how one interpreted your past history), while only having one on you.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #437 (isolation #29) » Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:25 pm

Post by Thok »

I will say that MOS's actions don't really make sense to me if both MOS and Phoebus are scum together (I think MOS would let Phoebus hang out to dry in that scenario). MOS's play fits best with me if Phoebus is protown and MOS is scum (in which case MOS is buddying up with somebody he knows in protown but is likely to be lynched anyways), although I could see the alternatives being possible.

@PJ-I played with Phoebus in Mini's 205 and 232 where he was protown both times. I remember him being more active the early part of 232, but then being a lot more lurky/disinterested at the end of 232. I've suppressed memories of mini 205, so you'd need to read that one on your own.

That said, this close to deadline I should clean up my votes to reflect who I think would be the best/most useful execution, so I will
unvote pablito, bird, Dead Rimikaru and Nightson
, leaving Vaughn and Ameliaslay on my set of votes, and then add a
vote MOS
, given his recent activities.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #447 (isolation #30) » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:31 am

Post by Thok »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:
spectrumvoid wrote:Why 'even Thok'?

Sorry about that, I meant to say you need good reasons for accusing someone. (My defence: vote counts are so confusing this game... I went by tone of posts instead of vote numbers :( )

Well, yes, his play could be different. But different play does not = scum or = town, it's just a matter of playstyle, not alignment.
That's exactly my point. the fact that he's playing differently does not in and of itself point towards a particular alignment, but if you look at the particular playstyle he's using, while it may not be optimal protown play, there are earmarks here and there that point to him being protown, as I've already pointed out.
I didn't say that Phoebus's play suggests that he is protown; I said that the interaction of his play with yours suggests that it's not the case that both of you are scum. I am not ready yet to rule out the case that your scumdar is just off.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #448 (isolation #31) » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:32 am

Post by Thok »

EBWODP "I am not ready yet to rule out the case where you are a townie, and that your scumdar is just off".
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #454 (isolation #32) » Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:24 pm

Post by Thok »

Whatever.
unvote MOS, unvote Amelislay, confirm vote Vaughn

Vaughn has made two posts in this game since I proclaimed that I wanted him executed (for his attack on PJ and his response to my defense), one asking me to explain why I wanted him dead and one saying "I'll catch up to this game", which was three days ago at the beginning of a weekend. He has also posted in Leekspin and Committee in that interval.

I am not willing to put up with Vaughn lurking in this game.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #459 (isolation #33) » Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:59 pm

Post by Thok »

If I am at the IGMEOY level with Glrok, then I'm quite happy with my posting/observations.

Do you have any thoughts on Vaughn?
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #495 (isolation #34) » Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:03 pm

Post by Thok »

Not much to say at the moment. I'm not sure PJ needs to be flooded with more info at the last second.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #498 (isolation #35) » Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:11 pm

Post by Thok »

It's not like I'm or anybody is going to have a sudden inspiration in the last couple hours. I'm willing to let PJ read the thread and make his own analysis at this point.

If we weren't three hours from deadline, I wouldn't make these comments.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #501 (isolation #36) » Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:16 pm

Post by Thok »

If you're really not sure, you can go another way and leave it to tomorrow. Phoebus will be under pressure to contribute tomorrow anyways, and we can judge him then.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #503 (isolation #37) » Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:21 pm

Post by Thok »

Pablito, are you trying to do a broomhead imitation?
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #510 (isolation #38) » Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:45 pm

Post by Thok »

pablito wrote:Frankly if you execute one of MoS/Phoebus, scum and/or misguided townies may gang up on the surviving one and work him until he says something remotely scummy and that'll keep going until some day down the line when the other gets executed.
Huh? This argument only applies if you think both of them are townies, and even then it's wonky.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #528 (isolation #39) » Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:12 pm

Post by Thok »

Bah! Go town!
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #684 (isolation #40) » Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:01 pm

Post by Thok »

Just letting people know I actually am keeping an eye on things here. Feel free to ask me for any requests that you'd ask BMQ for.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #703 (isolation #41) » Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:19 pm

Post by Thok »

Prod sent

King Glork: PookyTheMagicalBear, Yosarian2

LuckayLuck (0): bird, ubertimmy
bird1111 (3): Twomz, PookyTheMagicalBear
cardb0ardb0x (0):
CrashTextDummie (0): petroleumjelly, StallingChamp, Twomz, UberTimmy (2)
Dead Rikimaru (0): pablito
Der Hammer (0):
Fritzler (2):
Mastermind of Sin (1):
Mert (1): Twomz, PookyTheMagicalBear
MrBuddyLee (0): UberTimmy, Fritzler
Nightson (0): Twomz
pablito (3): UberTimmy, Yosarian, Mert, stallingchamp
Pariah (0):
petroleumjelly (1): PookyTheMagicalBear, bird, ubertimmy
Phoebus (0): bird1111, pablito, Yosarian
PookyTheMagicalBear (4+K)
spectrumvoid (0): StallingChamp, ubertimmy
StallingChamp (3): Pooky, Fritzler, MOS
Twomz (5):
UberTimmy (4):
Yosarian2 (2+K): Twomz, pablito
Last edited by Thok on Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #795 (isolation #42) » Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:57 am

Post by Thok »

Glork wrote:Hmm... can we get a
Modprod
on Dead Rikimaru? He hasn't posted since Oct 27. Thanks.
Prod sent.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #816 (isolation #43) » Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:50 am

Post by Thok »

Prods have been sent to ubertimmy and cardboardbox. I will also consider hunting for a replacement for Dead Rikamaru, who has yet to pick up his prod. With BMQ returning Monday, I may leave all replacement issues up to him.

Mod Edit: Rikamaru's prod has only been out for about 10 hours, so I'll definately wait for BMQ to return and let him deal with any replacement issues.
Last edited by Thok on Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #853 (isolation #44) » Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:52 am

Post by Thok »

Dead Rikamaru posted in GL's Scummy_Doo thread that he has been having computer troubles. Obviously, nobody else has responded to their prods yet. Also, hopefully BMQ is back from his trip, so this is the last you'll be seeing from me.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #855 (isolation #45) » Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:12 pm

Post by Thok »

I assume that BMQ is back, but I'll keep an eye on the thread until he confirms his return. I'll give about 24 hours for people/BMQ to return before I start going prod crazy. I'll have a shorter leash for those who were prodded before the crash happened and who still need to post.

Don't make me angry. You won't like me when I'm angry.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1587 (isolation #46) » Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:18 pm

Post by Thok »

It may be easier for me to just take over (or to share duties with MBL). I do know the entire setup. On the flipside, I don't know if I actually have the time to take it over at the moment.

If we're doing this, I'd set a deadline for today, and I'd like to see a list of people who are here and a list of people who need to be prodded/replaced/modkilled (and I consider the third possibility a real option to keep the game moving.)
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1591 (isolation #47) » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:42 pm

Post by Thok »

Since the 21st, everybody has posted but Fritzler, Lowell, Dead Riku, and Der Hammer. I'm going to prod Fritzler, Lowell and Dead Riku and replace Der Hammer, with an eye to dealing with DR if necessary to move the game along.

Deadline issues depending on when/if DR picks up his prod.

Vote count coming along shortly.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1592 (isolation #48) » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:58 pm

Post by Thok »

Not counting the DR votes for the moment. If people want I can edit them back in. I believe this is up to date.

VOTE COUNT

*King Dead Rikimaru*

Cogito Ergo Sum (2): Mnowax
Der Hammer (2):
DragonsofSummer (4): Mnowax, MOS, LuckayLuck
Fritzler (1): Toaster Streudel
Glork (1): MOS, Fritzler, Der Hammer, LuckayLuck
KaleiÐoscøpe (0): pablito
Lowell (0): spectrumvoid, Mnowax
LuckayLuck (6): spectrumvoid, Yosarian2
Mastermind of Sin (6):
Mnowax (3): MOS
Olio (1): pablito, LuckayLuck, Toaster Streudel, Yosarian2
pablito (2): LuckayLuck, olio, petroleumjelly, RafK, MOS
petroleumjelly (1): Spectrumvoid, DragonsofSummer, Der Hammer, LuckayLuck
RafK (2): spectrumvoid, Yosarian2, Cogito Ergo Sum
Shanba (0): MOS, SpectrumVoid, RafK
spectrumvoid (5): Glork
Toaster Streudel (2): DragonsofSummer, LuckayLuck
Yosarian2 (4): DragonsofSummer, Cogito Ergo Sum, MOS
Zindaras (0): Yosarian2, DragonsofSummer
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1596 (isolation #49) » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:50 pm

Post by Thok »

Prod sent to Der Hammer, although he's on a short leash after not posting here since January 11.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1601 (isolation #50) » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:20 am

Post by Thok »

It looks like Smashy is replacing Dead Rikimaru, and that I don't need any other replacements at this time.

Deadlines will be dealt with once Smashy posts.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1606 (isolation #51) » Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:26 pm

Post by Thok »

OK. There is a nonretractable deadline set for March 12; if somebody has not been executed by that date then King Smashy will be killed for incompetence.

VOTE COUNT

*King Smashy*

Der Hammer (2):
LuckayLuck (6): spectrumvoid, Yosarian2
Mastermind of Sin (6):
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1628 (isolation #52) » Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:35 am

Post by Thok »

Deadline March 12. To make the time official 8:00 PM Pacific Standard Time (GMT-8 [Damn the -8 smiley, forcing me to disable smilies in this post. A curse on all its children.]). In case of no execution Smashy dies of incompetence.

Let me know of any prods that are desired/needed.

VOTE COUNT

*King Smashy*

Der Hammer (2): LuckayLuck
LuckayLuck (7): spectrumvoid, Yosarian2
Mastermind of Sin (6):
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1638 (isolation #53) » Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:50 am

Post by Thok »

Deadline is in about 8 1/2 days. I am sending a prod to everybody in the game to make them aware of the situation.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1676 (isolation #54) » Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:26 am

Post by Thok »

Deadline March 12. To make the time official 8:00 PM Pacific Standard Time (GMT-8). In case of no execution Smashy dies of incompetence.

VOTE COUNT

*King Smashy*
Sort of kind of LOE (LuckayLuck, Spectrumvoid, Dragonsofsummer, CES)

Der Hammer (2): LuckayLuck
LuckayLuck (5): spectrumvoid, Yosarian2
Mastermind of Sin (6):
pablito (2): olio, petroleumjelly, RafK, MOS
petroleumjelly (1): Spectrumvoid, DragonsofSummer, Der Hammer

Please let me know if this needs corrections.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1688 (isolation #55) » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:02 am

Post by Thok »

olio wrote:
mod
, I have to ask for a replacement.

Serious stuff going in real-life and I need some time to clear my thoughts. Thanks for the game everyone.
Sorry to see you go.

ThAdmiral replaces olio, effectve once he posts in the thread.

Deadline in roughly four days.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1710 (isolation #56) » Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:45 pm

Post by Thok »

Deadline March 12. To make the time official 8:00 PM Pacific Standard Time (GMT-8). In case of no execution Smashy dies of incompetence.

VOTE COUNT

*King Smashy*
Sort of kind of LOE (LuckayLuck, Spectrumvoid)

Der Hammer (3): LuckayLuck
LuckayLuck (5): spectrumvoid, Der Hammer
Mastermind of Sin (6):
pablito (2): olio, petroleumjelly, RafK, MOS
petroleumjelly (1): Spectrumvoid, DragonsofSummer, Der Hammer
ThAdmiral (1): pablito, LuckayLuck, Toaster Streudel, Yosarian2
Yosarian2 (3): DragonsofSummer, Cogito Ergo Sum, MOS

Please let me know if this needs corrections.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1719 (isolation #57) » Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:47 am

Post by Thok »

LuckayLuck has been smashed. He was a
townie
. With that, King Smashy steps down from the throne.

It is now night. Kingmaker, Assassins, send in your choices in to me (not BMQ) quickly.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1720 (isolation #58) » Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:27 am

Post by Thok »

This morning you find Glork's body in the center square, covered with a fine sticky goo, and a note saying "How do you like being Glorked?" Obviously, this means he was a
townie

Also,
Yosarian2
takes the throne! All hail King Yosarian2!
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1749 (isolation #59) » Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:30 pm

Post by Thok »

Let me know if there are any kingly requests or prods that are desired.

Vote Count

King Yosarian2 (2):

Cogito Ergo Sum (2):
Der Hammer (2):
DragonsofSummer (1):
Fritzler (0): Everybody but Fritzler
KaleiÐoscøpe (2): Smashy
Lowell (1):
Mastermind of Sin (2):
Mnowax (1): Smashy, MOS, Toaster Strudel
pablito (1): Rafk, ThAdmiral, KaleiÐoscøpe, Der Hammer, Smashy
petroleumjelly (1):
RafK (2): Yosarian2, Spectrumvoid, CES
Shanba (1):
Smashy (4):
spectrumvoid (2):
ThAdmiral (2):
Toaster Strudel (2):
Zindaras (1):
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1777 (isolation #60) » Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:06 am

Post by Thok »

Vote Count

King Yosarian2 (2):

Cogito Ergo Sum (2): zindaras, lowell
Der Hammer (2):
DragonsofSummer (2):
Fritzler (1): Everybody but Fritzler
KaleiÐoscøpe (2): Smashy
Lowell (2):
Mastermind of Sin (2):
Mnowax (4): MOS
pablito (2): KaleiÐoscøpe, Der Hammer, Smashy, DragonsOfSummer, Shanba, Zindaras, mnowax
petroleumjelly (1):
RafK (1): Yosarian2, Spectrumvoid, CES
Shanba (2): spectrumvoid, zindaras, mnowax
Smashy (4):
spectrumvoid (4):
ThAdmiral (1): pablito, smashy, Fritzler
Toaster Strudel (1):
Zindaras (4): mnowax, spectrumvoid
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1796 (isolation #61) » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:23 am

Post by Thok »

VitaminR replaces DragonsofSummer
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1807 (isolation #62) » Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:18 pm

Post by Thok »

Vote Count

King Yosarian2 (1):

Der Hammer (2):
Fritzler (2): Everybody but Fritzler and Yosarian2
KaleiÐoscøpe (2): Smashy, Fritzler
Lowell (3):
Mastermind of Sin (3):
Mnowax (5): MOS
pablito (2): KaleiÐoscøpe, Der Hammer, Smashy, DragonsOfSummer, Shanba, Zindaras, mnowax
petroleumjelly (1):
RafK (1): Yosarian2, Spectrumvoid, CES
Shanba (2): spectrumvoid, zindaras, mnowax
Smashy (5):
spectrumvoid (4): smashy, mos
ThAdmiral (1): smashy, Fritzler, mnowax
Toaster Strudel (1): Zindaras, Lowell
VitaminR (2):
Zindaras (5): mnowax, spectrumvoid

[joke]anyone who thinks that mnowax has no legit point (1)[/joke]

Edit: Forgot about the replacement.
Last edited by Thok on Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1847 (isolation #63) » Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:01 pm

Post by Thok »

Pablito, because of time issues, has request replacement in this game. Thesp will be replacing him, effective Monday.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1861 (isolation #64) » Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:30 am

Post by Thok »

Vote Count

King Yosarian2 (2):

List of Execution: MOS, VitaminR, Spectrumvoid, Smashy, Mnowax

Der Hammer (2):
KaleiÐoscøpe (3): Smashy, Fritzler
Lowell (3): Yosarian2
Mastermind of Sin (3):
Mnowax (5): MOS
petroleumjelly (1):
Shanba (2): smashy, mnowax
Smashy (6):
spectrumvoid (4): smashy, mos
ThAdmiral (1): smashy, Fritzler, mnowax
Toaster Strudel (1): Zindaras, Lowell
VitaminR (2): Spectrumvoid, RafK, KaleiÐoscøpe
Last edited by Thok on Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1868 (isolation #65) » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:18 am

Post by Thok »

I am prodding Smashy.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1889 (isolation #66) » Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:36 am

Post by Thok »

Smashy has yet to pick up his prod. I am hunting for a replacement.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1900 (isolation #67) » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:07 am

Post by Thok »

Battle Mage replaces Smashy. I've just sen him his role PM.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1921 (isolation #68) » Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:19 am

Post by Thok »

Battle Mage wrote:btw-can i just clarify that the only scum killed so far is Pooky?
The OP doesnt explicitly state the affiliation of anyone else, so i just wanted to be sure...
You may assume that unless otherwise marked as one of Hero/Kingmaker/Assassin, all dead people in the opening post are townies.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1953 (isolation #69) » Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:44 am

Post by Thok »

Vote Count

King Yosarian2 (2):

List of Execution: MOS, VitaminR, Spectrumvoid, Battle Mage, Mnowax

Battle Mage (7):
Der Hammer (2):
KaleiÐoscøpe (3): Battle Mage, Fritzler
Mastermind of Sin (3):
Mnowax (6): MOS
petroleumjelly (1):
Shanba (2): Battle Mage, mnowax, ThAdmiral
spectrumvoid (4): Battle Mage, mos
ThAdmiral (2): Battle Mage, Fritzler, mnowax
Thesp (2): KaleiÐoscøpe, Der Hammer, Battle Mage, DragonsOfSummer, Shanba, Zindaras, mnowax
Toaster Strudel (1): Zindaras, Lowell, Battle Mage, mnowax
VitaminR (2): Spectrumvoid, RafK, KaleiÐoscøpe

Activity check coming next. Also, I'd be shocked if the above didn't have any mistakes, so let me know of any.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1955 (isolation #70) » Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:25 am

Post by Thok »

I've prodded everybody who's last pst was April 2 or earlier.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1980 (isolation #71) » Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:05 am

Post by Thok »

I'll be sending out a mass prod for this game later today to see who needs replacing. But in the meantime, the deadline I put into effect before the crash remains in effect. I will retract it if posting improves.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1984 (isolation #72) » Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:39 pm

Post by Thok »

A prod has been sent to all players in the game. Any player not picking up their prod within the next 5 days will be replaced.

Hopefully I don't need to replace anybody.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #2010 (isolation #73) » Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:03 am

Post by Thok »

I'm giving Shanba another 12 hours or so before replacing her. I have a potential replacement lined up (but haven't sent the player in question a role PM yet.)
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #2017 (isolation #74) » Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:56 pm

Post by Thok »

Skruffs replaces Shanba.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #2037 (isolation #75) » Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:18 pm

Post by Thok »

A couple quick comments:

1. Tomorrow is really busy for me, so there may be a delay of a few hours between when an execution occurs and when the lynch scene goes up.

2. I still do not have a replacement for Battle Mage. (Skruffs is the replacement for Shanba.)

3. Given that it's been almost three weeks and a crash since the last one, you guys get a

Vote Count

King Yosarian2 (2):

List of Execution: MOS, VitaminR, Spectrumvoid, Battle Mage, Mnowax

Battle Mage (7):
Cogito Ergo Sum (2): zindaras, lowell, MOS
Der Hammer (2):
KaleiÐoscøpe (2): Battle Mage, Fritzler
Mastermind of Sin (4):
Mnowax (6): MOS
petroleumjelly (1):
Shanba (2): Battle Mage, mnowax, ThAdmiral
spectrumvoid (4): Battle Mage, mos
ThAdmiral (2): Battle Mage, Fritzler, mnowax
Thesp (2): KaleiÐoscøpe, Der Hammer, Battle Mage, DragonsOfSummer, Shanba, Zindaras, mnowax
Toaster Strudel (1): Zindaras, Lowell, Battle Mage, mnowax
VitaminR (2): Spectrumvoid, RafK
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #2051 (isolation #76) » Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:47 pm

Post by Thok »

With that Yosarian2 executes mnowax. He was another
townie
. Yosarian2 steps down from the throne.

It is now Night 4. Night will last until Friday, May 4. Hopefully I will get a replacement for Battle Mage by that time.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #2052 (isolation #77) » Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:37 am

Post by Thok »

I may have a replacement for Battle Mage lined up. Night will still last to the given deadline.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #2053 (isolation #78) » Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:53 pm

Post by Thok »

Mnowax has come back to life as a zombie. He replaces Battle Mage.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #2054 (isolation #79) » Fri May 04, 2007 10:16 am

Post by Thok »

The life of a kingmaker is interesting. There are rituals to fulfill, prophesies to observe, and meetings to keep.

Skruffs wandered about town, fearfully that he would be caught before everything was finished. The King had been chosen; the signs had been marked so the populace would know of the choice. But he knew the hour of his death drew near. A cast of the lots brought him to his current location, and a quick knock on the door was answered by a frighted soul.

"Take this, humble citizen; it contains the ways and lore of the Kingmaker. Use it well; you shall need it tonight. I know you have questions, but the Assassins already draw near. I have no time!"

Skruffs runs off to the central courtyard, knowing already of his upcoming fate. As the sun rises, you find only his head on a pike.

Skruffs
, Kingmaker has been slain. A new Kingmaker has been selected and has been PMed of this change.

In his last act, Skruffs declared that today marks the reign of
King Zindaras
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #2100 (isolation #80) » Wed May 09, 2007 3:00 pm

Post by Thok »

Just a warning that I will have limited access from Friday to Sunday. If
a lynch happens
Zindaras uses the ancient power of Felinus Maximus to smite somebody, I'll try to do something about it as soon as possible.

Official "Who's bright idea was it to put a known Tiger sympathizer in charge?" vote count

(Note: the above comment is for my amusement only. Anybody else amused by the above comment will be severely punished.)

King Zindaras

Cogito Ergo Sum (0):
Der Hammer (1):
Fritzler (1):
KaleiÐoscøpe (0): (mnowax, Fritzler)
Lowell (0):
Mastermind of Sin (3):
mnowax (2): (MOS)
petroleumjelly (0): (mnowax, SV, VitaminR)
RafK (0): (Yosarian2, SV)
spectrumvoid (5):
ThAdmiral (0):
Thesp (0): (MOS, SV, Der Hammer)
Toaster Strudel (0): (MOS, SV)
VitaminR (1): (SV)
Yosarian2 (1):
Last edited by Thok on Wed May 09, 2007 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #2148 (isolation #81) » Mon May 14, 2007 12:12 pm

Post by Thok »

Zindaras wrote:
Mod
, I'd like to know the status of Der Hammer, Fritzler, K-Scope, Voidybuns, Toaster Strudel and VitaminR.
SV, VitaminR, and TS have posted since your comment. I will prod Der Hammer, Fritzler, and K-scope. Der Hammer is the only person who hasn't posted yet today.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #2167 (isolation #82) » Tue May 15, 2007 1:36 pm

Post by Thok »

Official vote count

King Zindaras (0):

Cogito Ergo Sum (0):
Der Hammer (1):
Fritzler (1):
KaleiÐoscøpe (0): mnowax, Fritzler
Lowell (1):
Mastermind of Sin (3):
mnowax (2): (MOS)
petroleumjelly (1): mnowax, SV, VitaminR
RafK (0): Yosarian2, SV
spectrumvoid (5):
ThAdmiral (0):
Thesp (0): MOS, SV, Der Hammer
Toaster Strudel (0): MOS, SV
VitaminR (1): SV, PetroleumJelly
Yosarian2 (1): Lowell
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #2172 (isolation #83) » Tue May 15, 2007 6:23 pm

Post by Thok »

Der Hammer has yet to pick up my prod. I'm giving him until the end of the week until I replace him.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #2222 (isolation #84) » Thu May 24, 2007 8:21 am

Post by Thok »

mnowax has been prodded.

I am hunting for a replacement for Der Hammer.

Official vote count

King Zindaras (0):

List of Execution:
SV, VitaminR, Fritzler

Cogito Ergo Sum (0):
Der Hammer (2):
Fritzler (1):
Lowell (1):
Mastermind of Sin (4):
mnowax (3): (MOS)
spectrumvoid (5): MOS
ThAdmiral (0):
Thesp (0): MOS, SV, Der Hammer
Toaster Strudel (0): MOS, SV, Der Hammer, VitaminR, mnowax
VitaminR (2): SV, PetroleumJelly
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #2224 (isolation #85) » Thu May 24, 2007 11:54 am

Post by Thok »

Cavane replaces Der Hammer.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #2258 (isolation #86) » Sun May 27, 2007 1:34 pm

Post by Thok »

I'll politely remind people that Thesp and Thok are different people. Only Thok has the power to modkill people in this game.

Official vote count

King Zindaras (1):
Fritzler, VitaminR

List of Execution:
SV, VitaminR, Fritzler

Cavane (2):
Cogito Ergo Sum (0):
Fritzler (2):
Lowell (1):
Mastermind of Sin (4):
spectrumvoid (6): MOS, Fritzler
ThAdmiral (0):
Thesp (0): MOS, SV, Cavane, Zindaras
Toaster Strudel (0): MOS, SV, Cavane, VitaminR, mnowax
VitaminR (3): SV, PetroleumJelly
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #2302 (isolation #87) » Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:24 am

Post by Thok »

Doing an activity check also this time. The following people will be prodded: (None has posted since last Sunday) Cogito Ergo Sum, Lowell, mnowax, ThAdmiral

I'm pondering a deadline.

Official vote count

King Zindaras (2):
Fritzler, VitaminR

List of Execution:
SV, VitaminR

Cavane (2):
Cogito Ergo Sum (0):
Fritzler (2):
KaleiÐoscøpe (0): mnowax, Fritzler, Zindaras
Lowell (1):
Mastermind of Sin (4):
ThAdmiral (0):
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #2326 (isolation #88) » Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:55 am

Post by Thok »

Still pondering that deadline.

Official vote count

King Zindaras (2):
Fritzler, VitaminR

List of Execution:
SV, VitaminR

Cavane (2):
Cogito Ergo Sum (0):
Fritzler (2):
KaleiÐoscøpe (0): mnowax, Fritzler, Zindaras
Lowell (1):
Mastermind of Sin (4):
ThAdmiral (0):
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #2331 (isolation #89) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:46 am

Post by Thok »

I have prodded Zindaras.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #2376 (isolation #90) » Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:07 pm

Post by Thok »

With a quick swipe of his claw, Zindaras mauls spectrumvoid. She was an
Assassin
. Yay!

Zindie then sits down from the throne. It is now night. Kingmaker, scum, try to get choices to me in 108 hours, which is noon PDT on Tuesday June 12.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #2377 (isolation #91) » Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:31 am

Post by Thok »

CES is dead. He was a townie. There will be a 21 YARR! salute for him later today.

PJ is King again. All hail King PJ.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #2427 (isolation #92) » Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:15 am

Post by Thok »

As promised

YARR! YARR! YARR! YARR! YARR! YARR! YARR!

Official vote count

King petroleumjelly (0):

Cavane (0):
Fritzler (1):
Lowell (0):
Mastermind of Sin (0):
mnowax (1):
RafK (0):
ThAdmiral (0):
Thesp (0):
Toaster Strudel (0):
VitaminR (0):
Yosarian2 (0):
Zindaras (0):

Prodding mnowax and Fritzler
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #2451 (isolation #93) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:58 pm

Post by Thok »

Official vote count

King petroleumjelly (0):

Cavane (0):
Fritzler (3):
Lowell (0): Yosarian2, mnowax
Mastermind of Sin (0):
mnowax (3): Fritzler, Yosarian2, VitaminR
RafK (0):
ThAdmiral (0): mnowax, VitaminR, Fritzler
Thesp (0):
Toaster Strudel (0):
VitaminR (2):
Yosarian2 (3):
Zindaras (0): Yosarian2

Edit: Fixed
Last edited by Thok on Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #2463 (isolation #94) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:44 pm

Post by Thok »

Thesp wrote:
Mod: Can Fritzler be replaced/modkilled? Thanks.
I have sent Fritzler a prod giving him 24 hours to post or be replaced. I do not which to modkill any players in the game at this point in time.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #2474 (isolation #95) » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:09 am

Post by Thok »

Thok wrote:
Thesp wrote:
Mod: Can Fritzler be replaced/modkilled? Thanks.
I have sent Fritzler a prod giving him 24 hours to post or be replaced. I do not which to modkill any players in the game at this point in time.
Fritzler seems to have not posted anywhere on MS since Sunday. I'm hunting for a replacement. I appreciate any help in this endeavour.

If Fritzler shows up before I find a replacement, he will be allowed to continue playing. I do not plan on modkilling the role if it can be avoided.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #2476 (isolation #96) » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:52 am

Post by Thok »

Hey look, Fritzler posted. As mentioned, that means I'm not replacing him for now.

Edit: 100 pages! Woo! :roll:

Official vote count

King petroleumjelly (0):

Cavane (0):
Fritzler (4):
KaleiÐoscøpe (1): mnowax, Fritzler
Lowell (0): Yosarian2, mnowax
Mastermind of Sin (1):
mnowax (4): Fritzler, Yosarian2, VitaminR
RafK (0):
ThAdmiral (1): mnowax, VitaminR, Fritzler
Thesp (0): Mastermind of Sin, ThAdmiral, KaleiÐoscøpe, mnowax
Toaster Strudel (0): Fritzler
VitaminR (2):
Yosarian2 (3):
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #2496 (isolation #97) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:30 pm

Post by Thok »

This game is going slower than I would like. The solution is obvious.

Deadline
: Two weeks from when King PJ gets back from Canada. More details available when PJ gets back from Canada.

Let me know if anybody needs prodding.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #2512 (isolation #98) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:43 am

Post by Thok »

Prodding ThAdmiral, Lowell, and Fritzler
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #2516 (isolation #99) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:26 pm

Post by Thok »

It has come to my attention that Thespival is two weeks from when PJ gets back. So, in order to avoid that, you guys have a tenative deadline of 3 pm PDT July 10th. This can be extended once to 3 PM PDT July 19th if people so desire; the July 19th deadline cannot be further extended.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #2535 (isolation #100) » Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:34 am

Post by Thok »

petroleumjelly wrote:Bleah. Got back from vacation Saturday, and just haven't been up to reading through the game yet (it's quite nice not thinking about mafia for 10 or so days!). I plan on getting to my two analyses soon, and I've asked Thok to extend the deadline as long as possible, obviously. I'll be gone tomorrow, though (celebrating the 4th with family), and will probably be busy on the 5th as well (friends from school in the area, planning on meeting up, but plans are still up in the air).
Given the existance of the 4th of July (which I had forgotten about), and the fact that several participants will be at Thespival, I'll push the deadline back to the 22nd. That is an unretractible deadline.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #2547 (isolation #101) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:28 pm

Post by Thok »

The Official "You're only 15 pages behind Lights Out 2" vote count

Deadline: July 22, 3 pm PDT

King petroleumjelly (0):

LOE:Zindaras, ThAdmiral, RafK, Fritzler, Cavane, Yos2

Cavane (0):
Fritzler (4):
Lowell (0): Yosarian2, mnowax, ThAdmiral
Mastermind of Sin (2):
mnowax (5): Fritzler, Yosarian2, VitaminR, MOS
RafK (0):
ThAdmiral (2): mnowax, VitaminR, Fritzler
Toaster Strudel (0): Fritzler, mnowax
VitaminR (2):
Yosarian2 (3):

Prodding Fritzler, ThAdmiral, VitaminR
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #2568 (isolation #102) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:15 pm

Post by Thok »

I have reason to believe that PJ is still returning from Thespival. He may be back tonight.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #2576 (isolation #103) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:13 pm

Post by Thok »

Official Vote Count

Deadline: July 22, 3 pm PDT (4 days from now)

King petroleumjelly (0):

LOE:Zindaras, ThAdmiral, RafK, Fritzler, Cavane, Yos2

Cavane (0):
Fritzler (5):
Mastermind of Sin (2):
mnowax (6): Fritzler, Yosarian2, VitaminR, MOS
RafK (0):
Toaster Strudel (1): Fritzler, mnowax
VitaminR (2): Toaster Streudel, mnowax
Yosarian2 (3): Fritzler

Lowell's vote for phoebus in 2563 has not been counted, as phoebus has been replaced for several months.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #2594 (isolation #104) » Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:41 am

Post by Thok »

Official Vote Count

Deadline: July 22, 3 pm PDT
(about 27 1/2 hours from this post)

King petroleumjelly (0):

LOE: ThAdmiral, Toaster Strudel, mnowax2, Fritzler, VitaminR

Cavane (0):
Fritzler (5):
Mastermind of Sin (2):
mnowax (6): Fritzler, Yosarian2, VitaminR, MOS
RafK (0): Yosarian2
VitaminR (2): Toaster Streudel, mnowax
Yosarian2 (4): Fritzler

Sending prods (I know, I know) to Fritzler, Lowell, mnowax, ThAdmiral, and Yosarian2 (everybody who hasn't posted since the 14th.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #2601 (isolation #105) » Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:05 am

Post by Thok »

Just under 3 hours until the deadline.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #2603 (isolation #106) » Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:00 am

Post by Thok »

VitaminR has been executed. He was a
townie

With that petroleumjelly steps down from the throne.

It is now night. Assassins, Kingmaker, you have until 3 PM PDT, Sunday, July 29 (roughly one week from this post) to get choices in.

Mod Edit: Certain post execution posts have been deleted.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #2604 (isolation #107) » Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:41 am

Post by Thok »

Zindaras
is found dead, killed nine times for good measure. It is clear that he was a townie.

King Yosarian2
takes the throne once again.

In order to help keep the game moving, I'm setting a deadline for today for 3 pm PDT Wednesday, August 29.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #2678 (isolation #108) » Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:36 pm

Post by Thok »

Offical Vote Count

Deadline: 3 PDT, Wednesday, August 29

King Yosarian2 (1):

Cavane (1):
Fritzler (1): Toaster Strudel
KaleiÐoscøpe (0): Fritzler, Mnowax, Yosarian2, petroleumjelly
Lowell (0):
Mastermind of Sin (1):
mnowax (1):
petroleumjelly (1):
RafK (0):
ThAdmiral (0):
Thesp (0): Cavane, Mastermind of Sin
Toaster Strudel (1):

Autoprodding Lowell and mnowax
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #2691 (isolation #109) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:35 am

Post by Thok »

Fritzler has been prodded.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #2729 (isolation #110) » Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:33 pm

Post by Thok »

The Official "7 pages until you catch Lights Out 2" Vote Count

Deadline: 3 PDT, Wednesday, August 29

King Yosarian2 (1):

Cavane (2):
Fritzler (3): Toaster Strudel
Lowell (0):
Mastermind of Sin (1):
mnowax (2):
petroleumjelly (1): mnowax2, ThAdmiral, Fritzler, Cavane
RafK (0):
ThAdmiral (1):
Toaster Strudel (1): Fritzler
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #2759 (isolation #111) » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:40 pm

Post by Thok »

Yosarian2 wrote:On another note, TheAdmeral hasn't posted yet this month. Is there any way we can get a modprod/modkill/replacement on him? Heck, mod, you could just ask if CDB wants to replace back into that role, as it was his way back in the beginning of the game, hehe.
I have prodded ThAdmiral. I will not be modkilling anybody. I may go replacement hunting if ThAdmiral doesn't post by Monday.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #2803 (isolation #112) » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:00 pm

Post by Thok »

The Official "4 pages until you catch Lights Out 2" Vote Count

(Come on people, I know you can do it).

Deadline: 8 PDT, Wednesday, August 29 (
note time change
)

King Yosarian2 (1):

List of Execution: Fritzler, Toaster Strudel, ThAdmiral, mnowax2, Cavane, KaleiÐoscøpe

Cavane (2):
Lowell (0):
Mastermind of Sin (1):
mnowax (2):
RafK (0):
ThAdmiral (1):

[quote=petroleumjelly]3.) There seems to be less people posting than there are players; would somebody mind checking that and having the relevant people prodded?[/quote]

As far as I can tell, the only players who have not posted since this weekend are Fritzler, Lowell, and Toaster Strudel, the last of whom is on vacation. Prodding Fritzler and Lowell.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #2826 (isolation #113) » Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:31 am

Post by Thok »

Official Vote Count

note time change
)

King Yosarian2 (1):

List of Execution: Fritzler, Toaster Strudel, ThAdmiral, mnowax2, Cavane, KaleiÐoscøpe

Cavane (3):
Lowell (0):
Mastermind of Sin (1):
mnowax (2): Cavane
RafK (0):
ThAdmiral (1):
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #2851 (isolation #114) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:33 am

Post by Thok »

The Official "35 1/2 hours until the deadline" Vote Count

note time change
)

King Yosarian2 (1):

Cavane (3):
Lowell (0): ThAdmiral, mnowax
Mastermind of Sin (1):
mnowax (3): Cavane
RafK (0):
ThAdmiral (2):
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #2855 (isolation #115) » Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:12 pm

Post by Thok »

And thus, KaleiÐoscøpe was executed by King Yosarian2. KaleiÐoscøpe was an
Assassin
! Hoorah! And Yosarian2 steps down from the throne.

Day will break no later then Tuesday, September 4. Kingmaker, Assassins, get chocies in quickly!
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #2856 (isolation #116) » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:19 am

Post by Thok »

Thesp is dead. King RafK takes the throne for the first time. The mod is too lazy to write interesting flavor text.

Deadline set for 6 pm PDT Friday, September 28.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #2900 (isolation #117) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:58 am

Post by Thok »

The Official "if you guys can do 10 more posts in 5 more days, we can hold two celebrations at once" vote count

Deadline: 6 pm PDT Friday, September 28

King RafK (0):

Cavane (1):
Fritzler (1):
Lowell (0): Mnowax, ThAdmiral
Mastermind of Sin (1):
mnowax (1): MOS
petroleumjelly (0): Cavane, ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral (3):
Yosarian2 (0): Toaster Strudel, ThAdmiral
Last edited by Thok on Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #2919 (isolation #118) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:18 am

Post by Thok »

I will try to do some prods and stuff tonight.

However, as promised there are two things to celebrate (or not if you so desire).

First, Kingmaker 2 is 1 year old today!

Secondly, Kingmaker 2 now has the most posts of any mafia game in MS history, passing Lights Out 2 a few posts ago.

Obviously these facts may be related.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #2923 (isolation #119) » Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:52 pm

Post by Thok »

Fritzler and mnowax have been prodded. As far as I can tell, nobody else needs prodding.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #2928 (isolation #120) » Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:29 am

Post by Thok »

RAfK has been prodded.

Official vote count

King RafK (0):

Cavane (1):
Fritzler (2):
Mastermind of Sin (1):
mnowax (2): MOS
petroleumjelly (0): Cavane, ThAdmiral, Fritzler
ThAdmiral (3):
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #2938 (isolation #121) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:41 pm

Post by Thok »

Prodding everybody who hasn't posted since Monday AKA: Cavane, mnowax, Petroleumjelly, ThAdmiral

Deadline in 8 days.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #2953 (isolation #122) » Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:38 pm

Post by Thok »

Official vote count

King RafK (0):

LOE: ThAdmiral, Fritz, Toaster Strudel

Cavane (1):
Fritzler (1):
Mastermind of Sin (1):
mnowax (2): MOS
petroleumjelly (0): Cavane, ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral (3):

Cavane has yet to pick up the most recent prod I've sent him. I'll get to work on replacing him.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #2962 (isolation #123) » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:10 am

Post by Thok »

theopor_COD replaces Cavane, effective as soon as I send him his role PM.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #2966 (isolation #124) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:44 am

Post by Thok »

Deadline in a bit more than 33 hours from this post.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #2978 (isolation #125) » Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:34 am

Post by Thok »

For weeks people have complained about Fritzler. "He's not productive! He needs to be prodded! Kill him!"

Finally RafK has chosen to do something about that.

Any last words Fritzler?

"You can't kill me, I'm Booster Gold! I'm a hero!"

Wait, Fritzler is a hero? Well, I guess that means the people rise up and kill Rafk.

RafK, townie
is dead and is king no more.

Choices are due in one week (by Friday, October 5 at 6 pm PDT).
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #2979 (isolation #126) » Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:06 am

Post by Thok »

Another day, another death.

Yosarian2
was a townie.

Petroleumjelly
is king for the third time.

Deadline: Monday, October 29, 6 PM PDT.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #2991 (isolation #127) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:15 am

Post by Thok »

Lowell is dead. He was a
townie.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #2992 (isolation #128) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:18 am

Post by Thok »

A lone robot screams "MICHAEL!!!"

Fritzler, hero, is dead.

MOS (vanilla townie turned to Kingmaker), Toaster Strudel (townie), and ThAdmiral (townie) are endgamed.

The Assassins [Petroleumjelly, mnowax, Theopor_COD] win!
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #2996 (isolation #129) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:29 am

Post by Thok »

Roles and Night Choices:

Scum: Petroleumjelly, Pookythemagicalbear, spectrumvoid, KaleiÐoscøpe (rep. bird1111), mnowax (rep. Battle Mage/Smashy/Dead Rikimaru), theopor_COD (rep. Cavane/Der Hammer/Vaughn)

Nightkills:

Night 1. Thok
Night 2. MBL
Night 3. Glork
Night 4. Skruffs
Night 5. CES
Night 6. Zindaras
Night 7. Thesp
Night 8. Yosarian2
Night 9. Fritzler (mostly irrelevant, but necessary for the win conditions)

Kingmakers and choices: (Note I don't have access to early backups, and the relevant Kingmakers don't remember them.)

Skruffs (rep. Shanba/ Nightfall / UberTimmy) [Listing who was Kingmaker for what decisions of this role]

Ubertimmy
Day 1: King Petroleumjelly
Day 2: King Glork
Nightfall
Day 3: King Dead Rikamaru
Shanba
Day 4: King Yosaria2 Backup Glork
Skruffs
Day 5: King Zindaras Backup Spectrumvoid

MOS (replaced on Night 4, after Skruffs made his choices)
Day 6: King Petroleumjelly, Backup VitaminR
Day 7: King Zindaras, Backup Yosarian2
Day 8: King Rafk, Backup Petroleumjelly
Day 9: King Yosarian2, Backup Petroleumjelly

Hero: Fritzler

Everybody else was a townie.

Scum were tole of the existance of a hero (but not who it was). Fritzler knew he was the Hero from the beginning of the game (as far as I know.)
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #3005 (isolation #130) » Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:03 pm

Post by Thok »

I'll point out that one of the scum who lived until the end of the game was Theopor_COD/Cavane/Der Hammer/Vaughn.

AKA, the person I was spent significant portions of day 1 attacking. Nobody ever brought this up. (Der Hammer was also the most annoying lurker in the game. For some reason people attacked Fritzler for lurking and never looked at Der Hammer for doing the exact same thing.)
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #3054 (isolation #131) » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:21 am

Post by Thok »

Dead Rikimaru wrote:BTW, why didn't you choose Fritzler, the only confirmed innocent, to be the next King?
A confirmed Hero couldn't become King. (Check the role PM's).

I explicitly told MOS that he couldn't choose Fritzler after RafK verified him.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #3056 (isolation #132) » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:22 am

Post by Thok »

Dead Rikimaru wrote:
Dead Rikimaru wrote:Ops, you are right. Sorry. >_>
Why wouldn't a HERO be allowed to become King? This Kingdom prefers scum Kings. :p
Ask BMQ. I'm just the replacement mod.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #3077 (isolation #133) » Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:35 am

Post by Thok »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:I wasn't going to make someone king who was advocating just randomly killing bitches, which applies to you as well, TS.
I think you needed to actually say something like this in the thread (possibily in a hypothetical third person, but possibly with you claiming; I think the day Thesp was going after you and Cavane it might have been appropriate to claim and say this). If people realized that participating more would help them become King, they'd be more inclined to participate.

As a side note, the above paragraph explains why votes matter in this game. While you may not have much ability to influence the King, you have a decent chance to convince a Kingmaker to make you King if he agrees with your voting record.

I'm shocked anybody is surprised by Fritz's play as a hero. Heck, I'm shocked nobody really thought about who a hypothetical hero would be.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #3089 (isolation #134) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:24 am

Post by Thok »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:I would've made you king if I didn't think you were going to execute me. You were arguing such an uphill case I didn't think any scum would set themselves up like that.
Dear MOS,

You are the Kingmaker. A protown player will never actually execute you, since you can claim Kingmaker.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”