Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:32 am

Post by Phoebus »

votes hold.
my recipients haven't done much to deserve that.

i don't care much for the tone of pablito's latest posts but meh.
Your happiness is intertwined with your outlook on life.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:37 am

Post by Twomz »

Wait, we're on a deadline now?
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Vaughn
Vaughn
Mafia Scum
Vaughn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:18 am

Post by Vaughn »

Sorry, life got unexpectedly busy, will catch up sometime soon (I think i'm 8 pages behind >.>)
On a Mafia-diet :wink:
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:01 am

Post by Glork »

Yeah, I'm way behind too. And I'll be gone until Monday sometime (see V/LA for details). If I have to be replaced, so be it. If not, I'll catch up when I get back.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:16 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

CDB wrote:Giving up does not help your case, and if you are a townie then it doesn’t help the town win.
Sounds awkward.
CDB wrote:apart from the me voting MoS bit, which I am not and don’t feel is necessary yet. If MoS continues to refuse to vote, that opinion will change.
Earlier in this post you said why not vote two people since we can, implying looser voting standards in this game. It's odd that you'd then hold back on an MoS vote here.
CDB wrote:I hadn’t thought of doing that in a scum-king situation, but I’m glad you did.
Sounds awkward.
CDB wrote:FoS: Petroleumjelly No need to keep letting us know. It sounds like you’re anxious.
Sounds awkward.

Wanted an LOE early.
CDB wrote:It just looks like he’s trying to fall into line with everyone else (blending in, as I’m sure you know, helps scum).
Sounds awkward.

So yeah, not a huge case against CDB, it's more the awkward nature of his words that makes me suspect he's scum trying to pro-town. But not all that much, actually, so I'm going to look at other suspects.
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:58 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

MrBuddyLee wrote:
unvote everyone, vote: Channel Delibird

I don't get an ounce of scumminess from bird/Phoebus's posts yet, just laziness and weirdness. I don't groove on some of the suspicions CDB expresses, and I'll go into detail on those in another post soon. I also want to evaluate pabs because he's said some weird shit.

I think even though we've got a LOE we should still all keep commenting on people off the list. I'll do a full reread and post tonight if possible.
We have a LOE? :shock:
spectrumvoid wrote:I don't like the way box specially picked out that comment of pablito's to accuse pablito of implying he's a mason. There have been many (way too many) other totally weird comments that some people have said in this game that I can't make sense of.

I am more-or-less satisfied with pablito's latest post explaining his actions. And so
unvote: pablito

MBL: I don't get why you're saying that people who are lazy and weird cannot be scum.
Saying someone is not scummy because of something they did != Saying they can't be scummy. It's a negative declaration (that is, he's saying that this action can't be construed to make them scummier, but it doesn't make them innocent, either)
MrBuddyLee wrote:he's scum trying to pro-town.
Sounds awkward.
Permanent V/LA.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:18 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:
MrBuddyLee wrote:he's scum trying to pro-town.
Sounds awkward.
Fucker.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:19 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

petroleumjelly wrote:
Add to the List of Execution: Bird1111, Phoebus, ChannelDelibird, Pablito
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:57 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Well, I was practically forced into giving a LoE whether I wanted to our not, considering:
BMQ wrote:Retractable deadline set for Sunday, October 8th. Sooo sloooow....
And that deadline has yet to be retracted. Since I am
trying
to stick with my own guidelines, I felt compelled to construct a list so I could at least make a more informed decision (while also giving ample notice) if the deadline was not retracted and I was forced to make an execution.

As it is, I will have to toss aside my own 48-hour "grace period" for final pleas with the current deadline, although I still have not found anybody I would actually be
willing
to execute other than Bird1111 and Phoebus. Although I really,
really
hate the "I purposely act scummy" schtick, I still think Pabs is town, and I will not execute somebody I think is town (unless there is a distinct strategical advantage, or some extraordinary factor). I frankly only threw CDB on the list to see if it would give me some interesting reactions (i.e. would people suddenly start 'suspecting' him because I 'suspected' him, or would people disagree and look elsewhere? etc.). I still have to think over the comments, but I was intrigued by the people who voted for CDB (as well as Bird1111 and Phoebus) seemingly on the basis that I had 'voted' for him. I am wondering if that was a subtle way of trying to gain preference in my opinion. I will try to focus my next reread on that if I have time this weekend.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:04 pm

Post by Thok »

Sorry, I've been neglecting this game (and some others) the last few days.

I really dislike Pablito's play; not so much for the people he's attacking/defending, but because I feel like he's coming up with the crappiest reasons for his attacks. Honestly, if he is town, he should realize that a badly reasoned attack on somebody might as well be a defense of that person, since all it does is make them look like a martyr. I don't see a reason to unvote, him, because I do think he's been scummy, but I doubt we get any info from executing him other than his role alignment.

That said, of the people PJ has suggested I'd probably prefer a Phoebus execution to a bird execution (although I should reread bird's posts to see what he's been doing). I think I'd prefer a Vaughn or Ameliaslay lynch over either of them for the reasons I've mentioned before.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:28 pm

Post by pablito »

Thok, you'll never understand my style of play and I've accepted it. We've gone over it before.

I'm still hoping for the deadline retraction most of all.

But it won't happen until people talk. So do it.
Sup, later.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:41 pm

Post by Thok »

pablito wrote:Thok, you'll never understand my style of play and I've accepted it. We've gone over it before.
I understand how your "style of play" is supposed to work. I think you do a poor job of implementing it.

Honestly, if you think your style of play is working correctly, show me some games where you were town, and your current style of play lead to scum being lynched.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:44 pm

Post by pablito »

I'd rather not discuss it in this game, but once this game is over, I can definitely do that for you.
Sup, later.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:51 pm

Post by Thok »

Whatever.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:52 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

Pj

just pass the buck to me.

i'll get things done
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Sat Oct 07, 2006 3:58 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

Pooky: I do not understand your comment.

I sprained my ankle, so I don't want to do a reread now because it hurts. As stated earlier, my preferred choice is Phoebus. I'll still do a read to get a read on the other one (bird) but later.
Blank.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:56 am

PJ, don't execute Phoebus. You'll regret it. He's definitely protown. Just because people don't like the way he's playing doesn't make him antitown. I've played with Phoebus as both scum and town, and this is different from either, so him acting differently is not a scumtell. I'm more inclined to believe he's town BECAUSE of the way he's acting. You're better off executing bird.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:57 am

You should also consider executing one of Thok, Ubertimmy, or Yosarian2. I bet at least one of them is scum.
Permanent V/LA.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:48 am

Post by Thok »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:You should also consider executing one of Thok, Ubertimmy, or Yosarian2. I bet at least one of them is scum.
OK, humor me. Why are you including Ubertimmy with me and Yos2?

I can see reasonable playstyle reasons/metagame reasons for grouping me and Yos2 as similar players in this game (both of us were in Kingmaker I, were protown, made it to endgame, and have been relatively talkative. We're probably also both fairly likely to be nightkilled early on by scum if we are town). The inclusion of ubertimmy, who doesn't satisfy any of the previous conditions, strikes me as strange.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:08 am

Gut.
Permanent V/LA.
BrianMcQueso
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
My Wit is Broken

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:29 am

Post by BrianMcQueso »

The deadline will be pushed to Wednesday, Oct. 11th. This new date is final.

Vote Count!

*King petroleumjelly* (1): Bird1111, Phoebus, ChannelDelibird, Pablito

Ameliaslay (1): Phoebus, Nightson
bird1111 (4*):
cardb0ardb0x (5): Phoebus, pablito
ChannelDelibird (4*): cardb0ardb0x, Mert
CrashTextDummie (2): pablito, bird1111
Dead Rikimaru (1):
Fritzler (0): CrashTextDummie
Glork (1): pablito, Phoebus, Rosso Carne
Machiavellian-Mafia (0): pablito
Mastermind of Sin (1):
Mert (3): cardb0ardb0x, bird1111, Phoebus
MrBuddyLee (3): ChannelDelibird
Nightson (3): pablito, Phoebus
pablito (9*): Mert, UberTimmy, ChannelDelibird, Nightson
Phoebus (8*): MrBuddyLee, cardb0ardb0x, pablito, Mert
PookyTheMagicalBear (0): Glork
Rosso Carne (1): petroleumjelly
spectrumvoid (1): Phoebus
Thok (0): pablito, bird1111, Vaughn, Dead Rikimaru, Nightson, Ameliaslay
Twomz (0): Yosarian2, cardb0ardb0x, CrashTextDummie, Phoebus
UberTimmy (1): ChannelDelibird, MrBuddyLee, spectrumvoid, cardb0ardb0x
Vaughn (1):
Yosarian2 (1): Mastermind of Sin
"Only a fool quotes himself." -BrianMcQueso
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:11 pm

Also, anyone who is voting a lot of people but has no one voting them is suspect in my book. That means they're spreading suspicion around while laying low enough that no one is really watching them. Add Twomz to the list right next to Thok tyvm.
Permanent V/LA.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:24 pm

Post by Thok »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:Also, anyone who is voting a lot of people but has no one voting them is suspect in my book. That means they're spreading suspicion around while laying low enough that no one is really watching them. Add Twomz to the list right next to Thok tyvm.
You're seriously claiming that I've been "lying low"? I've already been in arguments with Ameliaslay, Vaughn, Pablito, and now you. I believe the only people with more posts in this game than me are Glork and pablito.

Also, using votes as a criterion for whether somebody has been picking up/spreading suspicions seems suspect coming from you, given that you've specifically chosen not to vote. If you'd actually have backed up your "gut" with votes, you'd currently be voting at least four people (possibly more depending on how one interpreted your past history), while only having one on you.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:46 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

vote:Phoebus
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:02 pm

Thok wrote:
Mastermind of Sin wrote:Also, anyone who is voting a lot of people but has no one voting them is suspect in my book. That means they're spreading suspicion around while laying low enough that no one is really watching them. Add Twomz to the list right next to Thok tyvm.
You're seriously claiming that I've been "lying low"? I've already been in arguments with Ameliaslay, Vaughn, Pablito, and now you. I believe the only people with more posts in this game than me are Glork and pablito.

Also, using votes as a criterion for whether somebody has been picking up/spreading suspicions seems suspect coming from you, given that you've specifically chosen not to vote. If you'd actually have backed up your "gut" with votes, you'd currently be voting at least four people (possibly more depending on how one interpreted your past history), while only having one on you.
Sorry, I didn't mean laying low as in not posting. I just meant that he wasn't garnering much suspicion/attention. The whole comment was aimed at Twomz anyways. You were already on the list, hence why I asked to have Twomz put up on the list next to you (It's an alphabetical list :))

So what if I'd have at least 4 votes if I was voting? I said I'd tell people my suspicions without voting and I am. And I DO have a vote on me, so there is at least one person who definitely suspects me.

No one has to listen to what I'm saying, I'm just telling you who I think is probably scum. If you don't listen to me, too bad. If you do, good for you. I just figured that since Phoebus is definitely not a good choice for execution today, I should proactively help in finding alternatives instead of just bitching about people wanting to execute him.
Permanent V/LA.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”