RafK
RafK
Goon
RafK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1950 (ISO) » Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:25 am

Post by RafK »

Yosarian2 wrote: "kill anyone, I don't care" is just not a pro-town way of acting, at all. It's a complete giving up of your responsibilities.
This sounds like a really easy obvious townie thing to say as scum. 8)

Especially since you'd know that basic townies are traditionally the role most likely to just lose interest in a game, and this game has had loads of people lose interest :)

And also there was quite a lot of that "execute anyone!" fever going around late yesterday, and I didn't see you in on your high horse then.

I did see you encouraging the point of view that we just execute Phoebus to avoid the need for a replacement though 8)
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1951 (ISO) » Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:34 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

RafK wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote: "kill anyone, I don't care" is just not a pro-town way of acting, at all. It's a complete giving up of your responsibilities.
This sounds like a really easy obvious townie thing to say as scum. 8)
So, if I say something that obveously true, that makes it a scumtell?
Especially since you'd know that basic townies are traditionally the role most likely to just lose interest in a game
I don't think that's necessaraly true; I see scum fade into lurkerdom at least as often, and I've ended up replacing into a game as scum more times then I can count.
And also there was quite a lot of that "execute anyone!" fever going around late yesterday, and I didn't see you in on your high horse then.
You don't see the difference between people getting frustrated by an inactive king and a dying game, and a person who dosn't care who gets killed?

Phoebus's "execute anyone" comments seemed to be an excuse to not comment on any specific people, and that IS a scumtell, as scum often don't like to pick fights and risk making connections.
I did see you encouraging the point of view that we just execute Phoebus to avoid the need for a replacement though 8)
Dude, we've been through this about a zillion times. I thought Phoebus was incredibly scummy, and wanted him executed. If you want to actually disagree with my reasons for suspecting him, rather then keep trying to twist that one-line post I made yesterday, I'd like to hear your thoughts.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1952 (ISO) » Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:25 am

Post by VitaminR »

Yosarian2 wrote:Well, I tend to think Bird was probably pro-town, because one major scum tell that we caught Pooky with was the oppurtunistic jump onto the Bird wagon during the pages lost in the crash.
Oh? Could you elaborate on this?
RafK wrote:I hadn't replaced in yet when Pooky was executed, so I'm naturally a bit questioning of the rigour of any argument that specifically separates into "as Mert" and "as RafK" but then puts Mert stuff under me (FWIW, though, as said above, I don't think people voting Pooky on the whole are scummy- quite the reverse. I'm sure a couple of scum got in on the action, but to imply that people who voted Pooky easily are scum is just weird. It's like the people attacking Glork for executing Pooky on the suspicion of bussing... it's just paranoia. It's something to keep in mind if the person's behaviour is otherwise scummy, but it's not a first assumption).
The separation matters little, that's just the haziness of my notes.

I don't think people voting Pooky were scummy for voting Pooky, but there did seem to be a scramble towards suspecting him the moment it became clear he was a possible execution.
Yosarian2 wrote:So, if I say something that obveously true, that makes it a scumtell?
I don't think that was his point, just the fact that it is so obviously scummy it becomes a bit of a null tell. It's comparable to saying "I want all townies dead!"
Yosarian2 wrote:Phoebus's "execute anyone" comments seemed to be an excuse to not comment on any specific people, and that IS a scumtell, as scum often don't like to pick fights and risk making connections.
"Seemed to be?" Where's your evidence for this?

Also, in a huge game like this, couldn't a townie who hasn't been participating conceivably behave in the same way?
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #1953 (ISO) » Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:44 am

Post by Thok »

Vote Count

King Yosarian2 (2):

List of Execution: MOS, VitaminR, Spectrumvoid, Battle Mage, Mnowax

Battle Mage (7):
Cogito Ergo Sum (2): zindaras, lowell
Der Hammer (2):
Fritzler (2): Everybody but Fritzler and Yosarian2
KaleiÐoscøpe (3): Battle Mage, Fritzler
Lowell (3): Yosarian2
Mastermind of Sin (3):
Mnowax (6): MOS
petroleumjelly (1):
RafK (2): Yosarian2, Spectrumvoid, CES
Shanba (2): Battle Mage, mnowax, ThAdmiral
spectrumvoid (4): Battle Mage, mos
ThAdmiral (2): Battle Mage, Fritzler, mnowax
Thesp (2): KaleiÐoscøpe, Der Hammer, Battle Mage, DragonsOfSummer, Shanba, Zindaras, mnowax
Toaster Strudel (1): Zindaras, Lowell, Battle Mage, mnowax
VitaminR (2): Spectrumvoid, RafK, KaleiÐoscøpe
Zindaras (4): mnowax, spectrumvoid

Activity check coming next. Also, I'd be shocked if the above didn't have any mistakes, so let me know of any.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1954 (ISO) » Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:40 am

Post by Toaster Strudel »

I've been prodded.

I am in favor of the king culling the herd. Anyone on the execution list is good with me, except perhaps VitaminR, which appears to be the less scummy one in the lot.
[i][url=http://chantalpare.ca]Squeezable icing, flaky pastry crust and sweet, gooey fillings are irresistible.[/url][/i]
[url=http://www.lawrencejoseph.org/1indexh2.html]The Harpits Greatest Pits - Free MP3's[/url]
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1955 (ISO) » Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:25 am

Post by Thok »

I've prodded everybody who's last pst was April 2 or earlier.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #1956 (ISO) » Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:59 am

Post by Fritzler »

so Yos, you going to drop the hammah?
Surfs up dude.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1957 (ISO) » Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:47 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Vote: MoS

He's my choice for execution.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1958 (ISO) » Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:02 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

VitaminR wrote: Oh? Could you elaborate on this?
There was a very rapid bandwagon on him that got quite a few votes for very little reason, mostly based on that silly "nutkicked" theory, which was lost during the crash. Several people jumped on the wagon, including very oppurtunistic voted from Phoebus, Twomz, and Pooky. I believe that was one of the reasons Glork ended up executing Pooky that day. And that makes me tend to think Bird was probably town, if Pooky was trying to push for a Bird lynch with bad reasons.

Yosarian2 wrote:Phoebus's "execute anyone" comments seemed to be an excuse to not comment on any specific people, and that IS a scumtell, as scum often don't like to pick fights and risk making connections.
"Seemed to be?" Where's your evidence for this?
[/quote]

I was asking that everyone comment on Glork's LOE, and say who they would lynch, and he responded with "just kill anyone, I don't care" rather then giving any actual analysis.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1959 (ISO) » Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:52 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Prod response: I wouldn't mind the hammer being dropped on mnowax.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1960 (ISO) » Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:54 pm

Post by VitaminR »

[quote="Yosarian2"]There was a very rapid bandwagon on him that got quite a few votes for very little reason, mostly based on that silly "nutkicked" theory, which was lost during the crash. Several people jumped on the wagon, including very oppurtunistic voted from Phoebus, Twomz, and Pooky. I believe that was one of the reasons Glork ended up executing Pooky that day. And that makes me tend to think Bird was probably town, if Pooky was trying to push for a Bird lynch with bad reasons.[/quote]
Interesting.

Unvote: KaleiÐoscøpe

[quote="Yosarian2"]I was asking that everyone comment on Glork's LOE, and say who they would lynch, and he responded with "just kill anyone, I don't care" rather then giving any actual analysis.[/quote]
Fair enough.
mnowax
mnowax
Goon
mnowax
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1961 (ISO) » Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:15 am

Post by mnowax »

I have been prodded, but i still have nothing to say.
Sure one more time for fun.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1962 (ISO) » Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:41 am

Post by Lowell »

Prod received. Nothing to say, but I'm here and will be here moreso beginning tomorrow.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #1963 (ISO) » Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:54 am

Post by Fritzler »

Yosarian2 wrote:
VitaminR wrote: Oh? Could you elaborate on this?
There was a very rapid bandwagon on him that got quite a few votes for very little reason, mostly based on that silly "nutkicked" theory, which was lost during the crash. Several people jumped on the wagon, including very oppurtunistic voted from Phoebus, Twomz, and Pooky. I believe that was one of the reasons Glork ended up executing Pooky that day. And that makes me tend to think Bird was probably town, if Pooky was trying to push for a Bird lynch with bad reasons.
are wagons really that big of a deal in this game?
Surfs up dude.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1964 (ISO) » Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:48 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

mnowax wrote:I have been prodded, but i still have nothing to say.
the scum has given up...
Permanent V/LA.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #1965 (ISO) » Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:13 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Okay, on to the next two players in my list, which are spectrumvoid and Battle Mage (rep. Smashy [rep. Dead Rikimaru]).

3.) spectrumvoid

Okay, starting off.
spectrumvoid, her Post 2 wrote:Playing on emotion is a scum-tell. Claiming when not under pressure is a scum-tell. Giving up is a scum-tell.
^ Quoting to check for consistently as I continue reading.

Right away, I get the fawning vibe from SV in her posts.
spectrumvoid, her Post 7 wrote:I believe PJ is protown. His frustration sounds genuine. One question though: did you know this was mountainous when you signed up? (I sympathise with you over points 3-4. *pats*)
SV, her Post 8 wrote:Wow. I really should start learning from PJ. In most games, after page 10 or so I usually make some big mistake. I finally went to read Kingmaker I, and I admire his analysis.
^ These comments will probably be continued as I read, but there are things to comment on besides this.

SV was one of the people who pushed for a fairly early LoE, something I don't particularly care for. This could just be a pet peeve talking, but it certainly doesn't make me think anybody is more likely to be town. Town should be able to glance at last posts, whereas I would argue scum are more likely to try to base their play off whatever the latest posts are, and less likely to actually read back in the game (since they aren't the ones who are actually having to search for scum).
SV, her Post 12 wrote:I asked for a LOE because I wanted to know who you thought were scummy. And also because I thought we might end up being deadlined like what Twomz said.

But then again, I've changed my mind because of what PJ said, that people who weren't on it evade suspicion. Also because I realised that I tend to overly focus on just a few people each game, which has led to horrible consequences in my other games, so I'm trying to change that.
^ Changing mind entirely because
I
didn't want a LoE. Sheesh.

A couple times SV uses my analysis as reasoning to keep her vote on Phoebus.

Note:
Actually (I might have mentioned this earlier), I just realized what SV's play reminds me of. If anybody has read Most Mountainousest Mafia (Mini Regular #319), her play reminds me an awful lot of Stikey-scum. She is continually defending me and/or using my reasoning, which has a tendency to make me think somebody is pro-town (though I have been actively trying to shuffle this weakness off) – something Stikey successfully did with me. She also constantly talks about how she will do rereads, but I see very little evidence of this actually occurring (much like Stikey – scum like to
say
they will reread soon so that they look like they have an excuse to not talk for a while, and then they start commenting on the latest posts without mentioning anything from early on).

And eh, Post 45 technically looks like she's done some rereading, so perhaps she's not as bad as Stikey when it comes to saying "I'll reread soon!" and then offering nothing concerning a reread. And this actually tells me I should check which
other
players have been doing this – this type of play usually slides right under my nose unless I make a note to myself to look for it. But I digress (goes back to reading...)

In her Post 45, I see:

1.) Subscription to the "Bird1111 was nutkicked" theory (which I myself agreed with)
2.) She compares the interactions between "Glork v Pooky" and "Glork v MBL". Of the two, she decides MBL comes off looking scummy, but that Glork pushed Pooky too much. Definitely note-worthy. And as I continue reading, I can't really tell SV's position on Pooky. Example:
SV, her Post 45 wrote:... I think Pooky was trying to deflect PJ's accusations and not responding to them properly. The shaming response is wrong because he was obviously attacking Twomz, his consistency response doesn't make sense because only he knows whether he's town or not, and it's true he was defeatist, bringing up 1 post does not show his overall attitude and tone. Pooky also did not adequetely respond to Glork (It's true he criticised PJ).
Noting this:
SV, her Post 45 wrote:Summary as of page 25 (+ my HW assignment):
I think mbl, pablito, bird, phoebus, pooky, glork is scummy (in no particular order). They are currently scummy individuals, I haven't picked out pairs yet.
I think Twomz is slightly scummy for disappearing once the spotlight is off him + the wagon issue.
I think Yos isn't scummy, based on the reasons people have brought up against him.
I have no clear read on PJ other than the RC issue, no read on Mert, CTD, SC and whoever else is lurking.
^ Not sure I particularly believe the "I have no clear read on PJ". Up until this point, she certainly makes it sound like she thinks I am town. Also, I guess she decides to lump Pooky in the 'scummy' category in the end.

Some more talk in Post 55, after talking about how she doesn't like metagaming. Only thing that hit me here was:
SV, her Post 55 wrote:I don't want either Yos or Pooky to get executed, but I don't have a better candidate to recommend.
Noted weak Pooky/Yos defense. Also, this next post strikes an inconsistent chord:
SV, her Post 60 wrote:As I promised, here are my reasons for voting Glork.

- already 'deciding' who he was going to lynch.
- choosing Yos without a reason. (Glork chose pooky with a reason.) I elaborated about this in post 1030. But as of post 1037, he still didn't provide a reason.
Earlier, I'm pretty sure SV said she had "lots of reasons" to vote for Glork. Neither of these even seem particularly strong.
SV, Post 61 wrote:I must admit that Glork executing Pooky yesterday brings him a little lower down my LOS, but I still find his behaviour regarding Yos scummy.
Noting continual push on Glork. Self-note to look at Yos-SV connection later if one comes up scum.

Ooh, just found a good nugget, but they're a bit large to quote. I suggest isolating SV's posts and looking at her Posts {61, 62, 63, and 65}. After not having talked about either LL or MoS very much in the game (in fact, she has been vaguely defending each of them up until this point), she quickly comes to a "possible scum-pairing: LL + MoS" [65]. In conjunction with her [62], if SV comes up scum, I will want to a good look at the following (in addition to Yos, aforementioned): {CTD, DR, and Lowell}, for being in the same groupings as MoS/LL, but not being mentioned as possible scum.
SV, her Post 68 wrote:MoS: Doesn't giving up = scum tell? I don't like this defeatist attitude.
Noting for consistency with early quoted post. This is followed by some direct responses to a few questions/accusations, and then lots of 1-liners, followed by more direct responses (basically rehashing things SV has already said, so I don't need to double-comment on those). Lots of these posts were made during the "Waiting for
Godot
Dead Rikimaru" Era, so not sure how much to read into them – I'm positive most players were bored out of their minds by that point in the game.

Noting her Post 130 about VitR for later, but nothing much to read into at the moment – I disagree with most of her assessment regardless, though this should already be clear from my posting.

Overall, I still think SV is scummy. She began the game way too subserviently towards the King (me), such that I didn't really notice this trend until the end of Day 1 when I decided to isolate everybody's posts. Also (though I haven't read her posts in context to check for this), it seems to be the case that SV only started thinking Glork was scummy
after
he started pushing on Pooky/Yos, though she started off with the same attitude towards Glork. Her suspicions seem fairly selective (see: MoS + LL pairing in the 60's posting as well as Pooky/Yos/Glork/MBL interactions section). In general, I just don't get a very good feeling from her posts, though there is little wrong with her posts when taken one at a time – the overall picture is what I'm looking at.

I would still like a spectrumvoid execution.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1966 (ISO) » Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:21 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

I've got to say, I really like PJ's case against SV here. That's the first really convincing charge I've seen against SV, and I'm interested in hearing a response.

On another note, the more mnowax refuses to defend himself or to make a case against anyone else or to do ANYTHING, the more tempted I get to just pull the trigger on him, although there are certanly some things I'm going to wait on before ending the day such as PJ finishing his analysis. I would like to hear some complete thoughts from BM on everything such as my LOE and everything, once he finishes re-reading.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #1967 (ISO) » Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:29 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Have you read RafK's posts against SV, Yos? I remembered agreeing with them quite a bit when I read them way back when.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #1968 (ISO) » Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:57 pm

Post by Zindaras »

petroleumjelly wrote:Right away, I get the fawning vibe from SV in her posts.
I really don't think that says anything, you know. Voidybuns is like that.

For the rest, I agree with your analysis of voidybuns, especially the comparison to Stikey-scum in Mountainous. I've noticed scum likes to do that as well. I like to call it an OMGUR (Oh my god you rock) reaction.
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed
Der Hammer
Der Hammer
Goon
Der Hammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1969 (ISO) » Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:49 pm

Post by Der Hammer »

Prod received, I'm home for Easter til later this week and can't have the internet for an extended period of time. I'll post again by the end of the week once I have something to say.
You used to be alright
What happened?
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1970 (ISO) » Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:53 am

Post by Battle Mage »

actually, i have to agree, despite my previous thoughts that SV looked fairly neutral.
the consistent weak cases by SV do seem odd, as i have always considered SV a capable player. Nonetheless, im not sure whether this is scummy, as i think SV scum would make more of an effort than SV town. I dont really think an SV execution is appropriate, although i would like to see more from her before any execution takes place.
as for MoS, i think that would still be a good call for today. He looked very scummy early in the game, and although it seems he has improved, i still think he could well be scum.
I need to have a closer look at VR before i comment on him.
BM

Yosarian2 wrote:I've got to say, I really like PJ's case against SV here. That's the first really convincing charge I've seen against SV, and I'm interested in hearing a response.
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1971 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:13 am

LoL, for someone who professes that "looking" scummy doesn't necessarily make him scum, you seem intent on getting someone else executed for "looking" scummy. Great arguments there, chief.
Permanent V/LA.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1972 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:29 am

Post by Battle Mage »

when did i profess that?
truth is, the only way we can catch scum is by lynching those who appear scummy. What you just said didnt really make sense. :?

Mastermind of Sin wrote:LoL, for someone who professes that "looking" scummy doesn't necessarily make him scum, you seem intent on getting someone else executed for "looking" scummy. Great arguments there, chief.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1973 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:49 am

I'd quote you, but it's in an ongoing game, so that'd be breaking the rules to quote it. The point is, you get by in games because people become convinced that you just look scummy in every game, and you've accepted that as valid reasoning from them. Then you turn around and ask for me to be executed because I look scummy, when a quick skim over some past games or just simply asking people who have been around and are familiar with my games would reveal that I tend to look scummy in most every game I play, especially ones like this where I start off the game essentially telling you that I'm going to look scummy and that I don't really care if you don't like it.
Permanent V/LA.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1974 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:27 am

Post by Battle Mage »

i dont think you always look scummy..
In the games i have been with you in, you give off strong protown vibes. Here you dont. Other people may see it differently, but from my perspective its pretty simple. You look like Mafia.

Mastermind of Sin wrote:I'd quote you, but it's in an ongoing game, so that'd be breaking the rules to quote it. The point is, you get by in games because people become convinced that you just look scummy in every game, and you've accepted that as valid reasoning from them. Then you turn around and ask for me to be executed because I look scummy, when a quick skim over some past games or just simply asking people who have been around and are familiar with my games would reveal that I tend to look scummy in most every game I play, especially ones like this where I start off the game essentially telling you that I'm going to look scummy and that I don't really care if you don't like it.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”