Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:38 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

Twelve million, six hundred forty-four thousand, four hundred forty-second post.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6 (isolation #1) » Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:38 pm

Damn.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #7 (isolation #2) » Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:38 pm

I tried so hard to get that gag right that I lost first post, and I didn't even get it right :(
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #9 (isolation #3) » Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:41 pm

VOTE: Something_Smart

I accept this fate.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #277 (isolation #4) » Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:20 pm

In post 192, Day wrote:Sorry 'm late, was sleeping.
Goddammit. It took me way too long to find the other account you played with me under. :shifty:
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #279 (isolation #5) » Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:23 pm

In post 244, skitter30 wrote:i like the way he's being chill, and his repated
claiming like this
while probably fake feels kinda townie to me
I'm skeptical of that second one.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #282 (isolation #6) » Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:25 pm

In post 265, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 257, Ydrasse wrote:Oh god who is scum this game
performative
pErFoRmAtIvE
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #284 (isolation #7) » Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:25 pm

In post 281, Day wrote:What's up, SS? How's Lake Valor?
Lake Valor is beautiful this time of year.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #314 (isolation #8) » Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:40 pm

Given the odds of any random alt being Hectic, he's probably one of them. I know with reasonable confidence another alt Day went by, and that alt didn't feel very Hectic-ish, but I could be wrong there.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #322 (isolation #9) » Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:42 pm

In post 317, Menalque wrote:Was I in that?
You were, yes.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #359 (isolation #10) » Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:54 pm

What exactly is Ydrasse doing here that's similar to Hectic v FL?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #378 (isolation #11) » Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:02 pm

In post 372, Menalque wrote:It is mildly insane that you think she would replicate behaviour from a game she just lost where it’s only utility would be negated by the presence of people from that game in this one
It is much less insane if that behavior is also something she has done or clearly would do as town.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #399 (isolation #12) » Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:13 pm

In post 385, Menalque wrote:@S_S, no it would still be foolish to do it as scum right after doing it in front of someone who caught you for it and knows you just did that as scum
That's definitely not true when it comes to extremely ordinary behaviors that people do every game. Like, hey look, I'm playing devil's advocate. I did that the last time I was scum against you, wouldn't it be foolish for me to do it here as scum? No, because it's what I always do.

There probably are times where it is true, especially for more self-conscious players, but this seems pretty typical of her personality which makes me doubt it in this case.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #414 (isolation #13) » Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:30 pm

In post 407, LegoLucy wrote:When someone makes a bad reasons on you when you are a villager, you are angry because you were acting that way to be villagery.
Eh?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #423 (isolation #14) » Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:37 pm

In post 418, LegoLucy wrote:It is common to receive suspicion for the habits you only make when you draw a villager card. It makes a special type of frustrated that you can see in the spirit of the posts
Maybe, but it's not like most townies do things specifically to be towny; they just try to advance the town wincon. And I think that this same kind of righteous indignation can come from scum who think that they
would
have done what they did as town.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #448 (isolation #15) » Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:10 pm

Are you guys quoting something?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #479 (isolation #16) » Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:47 pm

In post 476, skitter30 wrote:I don't just lolbus out of the blue, there's usually some reason for it
City That Never Sleeps begs to differ :3
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #482 (isolation #17) » Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:48 pm

I feel like it's within your scumrange, if not exactly the most likely thing you'd do.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #492 (isolation #18) » Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:59 pm

In post 489, Chara wrote:skitter, why is this important to argue?
everything
is important to argue.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #506 (isolation #19) » Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:14 pm

In post 495, Day wrote:Why didn't you capitalize 'everything' in this sentence?
I don't know, it looked aesthetically nicer. I feel like capitalizing implies more deliberation while not capitalizing implies spontaneity, so I tend to mix them both depending on what I'm trying to convey. Perhaps other people don't perceive it that way, but I do.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #523 (isolation #20) » Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:11 pm

In post 510, Day wrote:Do you think this extends to the use of periods and punctuation?
Yeah, I would think so. Omitting a period in a single-sentence lowercase paragraph usually denotes snarkiness and/or interruption, while omitting the closing period in a multi-sentence paragraph means... that the comment is incomplete or unconfident, I guess? I'm not entirely sure.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #525 (isolation #21) » Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:21 pm

In post 524, Luca Blight wrote:Hey SS, you have experience of Suji as both alignments, right?
Nominally, yes, but I don't really remember much about how they played, other than that they were pretty robotic-sounding across the board.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #530 (isolation #22) » Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:50 pm

In post 526, LegoLucy wrote:That doesn't seem like a nice thing to say.
Wasn't meant to be insulting. They just have a formal, unemotional, and logic-heavy playstyle that's hard to get a bead on.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #614 (isolation #23) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:32 am

In post 558, Farkran wrote:it sounds too in-depth to be faked if coming from scum.
Why would it have to be faked if I'm scum? This is just how I think, and the reasoning isn't even specific to this game.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #627 (isolation #24) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:00 am

In post 622, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:cuz ali is scum lol
Does Ali not have bad takes as town?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #659 (isolation #25) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:25 am

In post 638, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:IN NO FANTASY WORLD IS THAT A LOGICAL THOUGHT PROGRESSION GOING ON IN YOUR HEAD.
Right, and this is Alisae, a person known for being careful and deliberate and favoring logic over emotion all the time.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #706 (isolation #26) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:30 am

In post 701, Day wrote:Why can't Pooky be wrong also be town instead of 'just scum'?
You think this occurs to town-Alisae but doesn't occur to scum-Alisae trying to emulate their town thought processes?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #733 (isolation #27) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:22 am

In post 711, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Scum!Alisae believes in pushing scum role objectives.
Alisae, is this true?

It seems pretty hard to believe to me that scum-Alisae wouldn't even attempt to appear like they would as town, especially this early in the game when it's not at all clear what role objectives actually help them.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #810 (isolation #28) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:53 pm

In post 775, skitter30 wrote:i'm actually p sure ss was arguing *against* your case here, not for it
I was, and I thought Pooky was being sarcastic back by pretending to miss my sarcasm.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #831 (isolation #29) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:27 pm

In post 828, Alisae wrote:glad I don't have to actually read the case to know that it's just pooky picking the events that sound the worst.
I mean isn't that what a scumcase always is...?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #888 (isolation #30) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:26 pm

In post 843, Alisae wrote:As scum I don't emulate my town thought processes because I'm not playing town.
Okay but like you're still trying to look town. So to some extent you still have to do things that you think would appear town, even if you wouldn't do them as town per se.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #895 (isolation #31) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:29 pm

In post 890, Alisae wrote:Yes I know how to play to people's expectations of me.
What do you think of Day's implication that you wouldn't be so sure on Pooky as town, then? Would you have shown more doubt as scum?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #899 (isolation #32) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:32 pm

In post 867, Alisae wrote:Wasn't SS really good at reading this player?
No?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #907 (isolation #33) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:37 pm

In post 904, Alisae wrote:I thought for some reason that historically you've been good at reading them
Luca kinda implied that by pointing out that I've played with Suji as both alignments. I have, in fact, played exactly two games with Suji, one of which I replaced into really late and the other of which Suji was executed D1 with my vote, but iirc it was mostly a compromise vote and I didn't especially scumread them.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #909 (isolation #34) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:38 pm

In post 876, skitter30 wrote:ali my reads overlap with yours a fair amt actually
Doesn't Ali have almost everyone as town? So that's hardly surprising...
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #921 (isolation #35) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:45 pm

In post 915, skitter30 wrote:That's kinda fair
Which reads overlapped?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #941 (isolation #36) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:21 pm

In post 935, Day wrote:Anyone else reading this as one of the towniest posts in the thread?
What's towny about it?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #963 (isolation #37) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:57 pm

In post 957, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Suji has not posted since day start and that kinda killed my townlean.
Why?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1061 (isolation #38) » Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:03 am

Luca, what do you think about ?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1064 (isolation #39) » Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:09 am

In post 1062, Luca Blight wrote:In the game with Suji, Skitter and SS.
Oh, I completely forgot Suji was in that game.

I'm pretty sure I had them as null the entire game.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1067 (isolation #40) » Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:17 am

In post 1063, Luca Blight wrote:I can forgive a little defensiveness, but that's not really why I'm SR'ing him
I take it that you think he'd make that post as either alignment?

I ask because it reads as pretty genuine to me. I feel like he would be hesitant to draw such a strong parallel to that game as scum, knowing that his play wouldn't look the same. But I don't know Norwee super well, so that may or may not be accurate.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1086 (isolation #41) » Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:44 am

In post 1068, Luca Blight wrote:I believe his frustration is real, but that doesn't make it Townie.
But his frustration is in being inaccurately scumread by someone who can supposedly read him well. If that's real, he would necessarily be town.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1088 (isolation #42) » Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:46 am

In post 1069, Luca Blight wrote:I actually feel a little bad for Norwee as it must suck being caught like this so easily, but I can't help but strongly push my SR
Yeah, I mean, this is the alternative. Maybe it's semantics, but I feel like if this were the case, I wouldn't call his frustration "real", because he'd actually be frustrated about something else.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1090 (isolation #43) » Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:53 am

Yeah I addressed this in my next post

He may be frustrated, but it wouldn't be with you? I'm not sure it would manifest in the same way. Because it would be more "oh shit he caught me, better make sure other people don't buy it" rather than "why is he scumreading me? I'll show him, look at how I resisted pressure in TM"
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1093 (isolation #44) » Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:00 am

In post 1092, Luca Blight wrote:Especially if he thinks I'm not SR'ing him for good reasons
This is a good point.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1095 (isolation #45) » Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:02 am

I think my overall conclusion from this is that he's slightly +town. I still feel like the TM comparison is more likely to come from town, but I'll take your word that he might do it as scum.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1102 (isolation #46) » Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:15 am

Uh, basically nil.

I feel like Alisae pushing hard while admitting they push hard as scum is slightly +scum but not by much.

You are somewhat +town because I feel like you calling Norwee scum here doesn't work out for you unless you are S/S, which seems unlikely.

Fark maybe town? I thought he said something I liked.

I liked Pooky's push on Alisae but I'm pretty sure he's perfectly able to do that as scum.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1112 (isolation #47) » Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:17 am

In post 1108, Day wrote:Farkran - Regularly engaging with stuff. and are actually town-indicative for Farkran for
reasons
, believe it or not.
I must have missed the first time around. It wasn't the Fark post that I was thinking of when I said he was towny, but I agree that it is towny.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1145 (isolation #48) » Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:37 am

In post 1143, Menalque wrote:Nah, I’ve played with suji before and don’t think this is his scumgame
What's the difference?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1150 (isolation #49) » Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:21 am

In post 1146, Menalque wrote:@S_S I would prefer not to elaborate on that
Fine :igmeou:

Can you at least give a confidence level?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1214 (isolation #50) » Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:50 pm

In post 1161, LegoLucy wrote:I didn't like some things about Smart's questionings and saying and I can't put my finger on it but they were like too easy?
Easy as in, the answers were obvious, or what?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1217 (isolation #51) » Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:03 pm

Well, I happen to dislike it when people go "I townread X but they haven't done anything towny lately so that townread is disappearing", but there are situations where it's justified. I wanted to hear if there was something specific about Suji's absence made Norwee weaken the read, or if it was just the read getting stale in general (which I would object to).

And he didn't answer the question, which can make it look like it wasn't going anywhere. Norwee, since it's been brought back up, you want to answer it now?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1218 (isolation #52) » Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:04 pm

In post 1217, Something_Smart wrote:I wanted to hear if there was something specific about Suji's absence
that
made Norwee weaken the read
EBWOP
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1221 (isolation #53) » Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:12 pm

In post 1219, LegoLucy wrote:give me an example of how it can justify
Well, the main proper application of that read in my mind is if everyone else has done towny/productive things, so that rather than the read actually decaying, it's just the average shifting upward.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1381 (isolation #54) » Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:54 am

In post 1354, PenguinPower wrote:it's not a good look
Isn't it?

That sure seems like > rand town to me, at least in a vacuum.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1655 (isolation #55) » Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:58 am

In post 1442, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:which actually implies she is town here lol
Fwiw, I have definitely seen scum-skitter be scumread fairly widely. The red flag is if she's constantly avoiding pressure despite a lot of people saying she might be scum.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1656 (isolation #56) » Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:59 am

In post 1451, PenguinPower wrote:Oh - that’s embarrassing. Usually it doesn’t leave a message.
Poor taste joke, because people might not realize it's a joke.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1657 (isolation #57) » Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:00 pm

In post 1464, Farkran wrote:Actually my question is why would i wk skitter as scum in the first place
Because WK'ing is often a good strategy? Why wouldn't you?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1658 (isolation #58) » Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:01 pm

In post 1472, Luca Blight wrote:Is SS being given a day pass?
Not to my knowledge?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1659 (isolation #59) » Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:04 pm

In post 1497, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:that's known as seeding doubt without commitment.

build the wagon without being on it,

then soft defend her with WK

best result is skitt!town gets elimmed today while he is "against" it

helps him seize thread control d2.
I mean, that's a possible, if somewhat unlikely, scum plan. Why do you think this is more likely than him just being conflicted?

Especially since he must know that a pretty sizable group of people are going to try to block a D1 skitter execution unless she's incredibly scummy.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1660 (isolation #60) » Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:07 pm

In post 1558, Alisae wrote:they feel so lost and not in a scummy way.
How so
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1661 (isolation #61) » Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:08 pm

In post 1559, Alisae wrote:I refuse to believe Mena would just be this frozen as scum unless someone has evidence that states the contrary so...
Idk I feel like he's about as likely to be this frozen as scum as as town? (There is no non-awful way to word that, my apologies)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1662 (isolation #62) » Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:10 pm

In post 1580, Menalque wrote:This is nothing to do with alignment
Well it does. You're definitely more likely to be passionate as town.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1663 (isolation #63) » Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:11 pm

In post 1586, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Stating one of us is scum with no other reasoning.
Yeah... Mena scum.
That's pretty much exactly how I would expect town-him to respond to that
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1664 (isolation #64) » Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:12 pm

I think that Norway post is towny though unless Menalque is scum.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1666 (isolation #65) » Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:14 pm

In post 1632, Alisae wrote:Also is it just me or has SS fallen off a cliff?
It's okay I climbed back up it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1667 (isolation #66) » Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:15 pm

is probably overkill to make as scum pushing a townie. But it's more reasonable if you're bussing.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1691 (isolation #67) » Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:36 pm

My scumgame is still bad. I've become harder to read because my towngame has gotten worse.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1753 (isolation #68) » Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:55 pm

In post 1697, Alisae wrote:what happened?
I don't know, probably motivation?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1930 (isolation #69) » Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:10 pm

In post 1673, Alisae wrote:ss what opinions do u have atm
My townreads are uh Luca, Fark, Norwee, Pooky? I think I have a pretty bad track record at reading Pooky though so that one should be taken with a grain of salt. Maybe Day as well, though maybe I just feel more positively toward the Day slot because I'm more confident it's Hectic.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1932 (isolation #70) » Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:15 pm

In post 1774, Menalque wrote:
Spoiler:
sorry to hear about your situation, and I hope everything's all right, but at least your meme game is still on point :lol:
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1933 (isolation #71) » Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:16 pm

yesss

muse rocks, and if you're looking for emo music pretty much that whole album will suffice.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1935 (isolation #72) » Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:31 pm

I still do on Discord.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1936 (isolation #73) » Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:47 pm

In post 1907, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:i really doubt scum skitter is WKing Mena because she was very adamantly against his elim.
I doubt scum-skitter thinks she can do anything other than hard defend town-Menalque without him getting on her ass.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1937 (isolation #74) » Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:48 pm

In post 1917, skitter30 wrote:i also want to say (again) that i think that posting in an intentionally opaque fashion after other people have said it's hard to parse is scummy, even if it's a gimmick
meh, maybe slightly
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1939 (isolation #75) » Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:51 pm

In post 1931, skitter30 wrote:ss can i interest you in voting lucy?
Uh maybe?

I'd like to give Day the benefit of the doubt, though I agree that it's pretty silly to be a secret alt and have a meta read on another secret alt and expect people to actually listen to that.

I also kinda want to hear Lucy weigh in on the recent discussion about her.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1940 (isolation #76) » Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:52 pm

In post 1938, Ydrasse wrote:i came to a revelation recently that showbiz is definitely top 3 best muse albums imo and even though its not nearly as good as like, absolution, i like it as much because of how raw and emotional and unpolished it is
I wouldn't call it top 3, because there's some pretty stiff competition there, and musically it's not especially diverse. But it has a lot of banging tracks and the unpolishedness definitely gives it a unique sound.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1946 (isolation #77) » Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:00 pm

Did he? Who here would lolhammer?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2020 (isolation #78) » Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:36 pm

In post 2003, LegoLucy wrote:The absence of a spectacular mural of Mena and skitter sorting or attempting to sort eachother by this point seems scum indicative for the pair.
it's still pretty early, no? this doesn't seem like a thing that would necessarily happen on D1.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2126 (isolation #79) » Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:22 pm

Well now I should probably reread Lucy's posts knowing who she is
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2128 (isolation #80) » Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:23 pm

Lucy, I do want to know why you thought my questions were easy, because now I know that you know me pretty well and I think they've been pretty average.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2140 (isolation #81) » Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:51 pm

I didn't really notice a gimmick, unless you mean the "village" stuff.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2141 (isolation #82) » Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:52 pm

I would say that I apply personality knowledge as a lens through which to read you, but not meta specifically. I don't recall having ever played against scum-you?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2392 (isolation #83) » Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:33 am

In post 2254, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Skitter be having that Flavour Leaf effect where they can be scum and people will even admit they might be scum, but nobody will eliminate them because they are too charismatic to die early.
No it's because if she's town she might solve the goddamn game if given a few days.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2394 (isolation #84) » Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:41 am

In post 2325, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:farkran isnt even playing in the same reality as us.
Perhaps, but he has been known to do this as town.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2407 (isolation #85) » Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:13 am

In post 2406, Farkran wrote:I still believe 1 scum in mena/skit
Well surely if there were exactly one it'd be skitter, no?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2413 (isolation #86) » Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:18 am

do more, mena
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2492 (isolation #87) » Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:03 pm

I mean they're both important.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2499 (isolation #88) » Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:13 pm

Let me rephrase: they're both important to winning the game.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2507 (isolation #89) » Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:28 pm

In post 2503, skitter30 wrote:ss what are your thoughts on recent happenings (i.e. me, day, lucy, farkran, mena, etc)
Something along the lines of "I'm staying the hell out of that"

I read up while half-asleep this morning, so I don't have a good grasp of what exactly people were arguing, and I don't feel especially inclined to read it again.

Wanna point me to a specific page or two to look at?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2526 (isolation #90) » Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:48 pm

That's pretty disrespectful to skitter.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2529 (isolation #91) » Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:49 pm

Putting her that high above Menalque. Implies that you think there's a decent chance she's town and wrong about him.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2535 (isolation #92) » Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:52 pm

In post 2531, skitter30 wrote:i mean i thought it was weird to have me that high and mena that low at the same time but i'm not sure 'disrespectful' is the word i'd go with here tbh
Maybe not, but I see it as an undeserved insult to your ability to read Menalque.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2547 (isolation #93) » Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:01 pm

In post 2536, Ydrasse wrote:this feels a bit like shit-stirring.
It was probably needlessly harsh, you're right.

Bottom line was, I think skitter should be no more than a little bit higher than Menalque.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2548 (isolation #94) » Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:02 pm

In post 2543, Chara wrote:are you saying Day should be thinking all of skitter's strong reads are correct?
Contingent on skitter being town, her reads are pretty likely correct, but especially on Menalque.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2551 (isolation #95) » Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:07 pm

In post 2549, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I don't agree that Hectic would think that.
Well yeah, I'm saying he's wrong :X
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2563 (isolation #96) » Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:18 pm

In post 2554, Alisae wrote:Wow real informative flip wow amazing
:igmeou:
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2830 (isolation #97) » Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:10 am

Scum disloyal roleblocker is unlikely, but sadly not impossible.

pedit: :lol:
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2849 (isolation #98) » Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:23 am

In post 2831, NorwegianboyEE wrote:If PR isn't dead, their role clashes with other claims, or their night actions are pro-scum then it's possibly scum PR. (Time to re-evaluate)
The thing about this is that Day if town has a low chance of getting a guilty (which is only even clear if there are no other kill-stopping roles) and a high chance of getting absolutely no information and being completely unconfirmable.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2853 (isolation #99) » Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:31 am

In post 2831, NorwegianboyEE wrote:they crumbed early.
Wait they did? Where did they say that?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2863 (isolation #100) » Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:56 am

In post 2859, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I was talking about the posts where he kept saying he wasn't VT like .
I... don't think that counts as a crumb.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2866 (isolation #101) » Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:57 am

In post 2860, Luca Blight wrote:This feels a bit performative
In post 282, Something_Smart wrote:pErFoRmAtIvE
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2881 (isolation #102) » Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:07 am

In post 2880, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Ok, but don't make it seem like it's just for that one dumb reason.
He definitely isn't.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2885 (isolation #103) » Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:12 am

But I think the salient part here is-- you thought Day would be more likely to make those posts as PR?

It doesn't make sense for it to be a crumb, because either:
- They expected people to (correctly) deduce that they were likely PR: then they're just outing themself to the scum
- They expected people to interpret it as an obvious joke and not read into it: it's not a crumb because it doesn't actually lend any credence to the claim since people don't take it seriously

First option doesn't make sense as no one's gonna deliberately out themself as PR when not under pressure. So we're left with the second option.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2914 (isolation #104) » Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:47 am

In post 2899, Menalque wrote:Interesting that the word is “can” not “is”
"do"
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2918 (isolation #105) » Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:52 am

In post 2910, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:She knows this, I know this, There is no universe in which its a scumtell for me to disagree with skitter's reads and push them dead.
Skitter, confirm/deny this? Would you have scumread Pooky if he had pushed Menalque?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2954 (isolation #106) » Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:10 am

In post 2923, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:you're kinda missing the context in which town!me pushed dead 2 people town!skitter was townreading and they both flipped scum in our last completed TvT game so there's no reason for her to think me pushing people dead over her objections is scum in and of itself.
I'm not missing it; you literally just shared it...

You're not taking into account the context of
this
game. Just because skitter didn't find you scummy when you pushed her townreads in that game doesn't mean she never would-- and if Menalque is indeed town, it would have been fantastically pro-scum to push that execution through before skitter could sway people to his defense.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2955 (isolation #107) » Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:16 am

In post 2952, Farkran wrote:Maybe scum!day makes up the disloyal part, but everything else is very likely part of his true role
Not sure about this. If Day really is a scum roleblocker, and it ever comes out that a townie was roleblocked, that's gonna look mighty bad for Day. It would make a lot more sense for a scum roleblocker to just claim regular roleblocker or JK or something like that.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2958 (isolation #108) » Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:22 am

Bullshit as in wrong, or bullshit as in fabricated?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2962 (isolation #109) » Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:27 am

@Fark you don't think they could just be a scum goon or other unrelated role that felt that was a good fakeclaim? If they're Hectic, he's certainly capable of coming up with that. Or was the townread unrelated to the claim?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2970 (isolation #110) » Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:36 am

In post 2963, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:town can have more than 1 roleblocking pr in a mini normal tho so auto assuming being roleblocked = day scum is silly
Of course, nothing is guaranteed. But it definitely wouldn't look good for them.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2979 (isolation #111) » Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:56 am

Oh, I see what the issue is. I did indeed misread it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2991 (isolation #112) » Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:41 am

In post 2987, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:because your take on me is not based in reality and its just objectively fabricated lies and bullshit
I mean... with all due respect, Fark living in a different reality doesn't make him scum.

Why do you think it's fabricated and not mistaken?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2994 (isolation #113) » Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:46 am

In post 2993, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:a town who makes a mistake will admit and recalibrate
Not always :shifty:
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3065 (isolation #114) » Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:09 pm

In post 3042, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:isn't it fairly common for a roleblocker to exist in a mini normal?
Town roleblocker is fairly uncommon in my experience. Jailkeeper is more common, but JK and RB can coexist so it's not a hard counterclaim.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3081 (isolation #115) » Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:45 pm

In post 3066, Farkran wrote:I assumed you would only learn stuff like "you know there is a roleblocker", not a 9-shot odd non-consecutive disloyal imperative suburban roleblocker of eternal destruction
Could be either.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3126 (isolation #116) » Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:17 pm

Pooky I feel like you're missing the point of a fakeclaim. Scum don't only fakeclaim when they know for absolute sure that their claim can never be disproved. They do it to buy time and gain information.

I agree with you that if Day is a scum roleblocker, they probably don't claim this. But I don't see why they couldn't claim it as a goon; roleblocker is a relatively rare town role, so it's not like the odds of being counterclaimed are huge.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3134 (isolation #117) » Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:22 pm

In post 3132, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:why do people put disloyal roleblockers in the game?
Well, for mostly the same reason they put town roleblockers in. It's a targeted kill-preventing role that gets stronger as more scum get killed. The difference between disloyal and regular is that disloyal is less likely to interfere with other town power but also less likely to be confirmable.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3139 (isolation #118) » Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:26 pm

Sorry, I don't understand what you're trying to say.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3149 (isolation #119) » Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:34 pm

Isis do you have any idea what Pooky is talking about?

It feels like he's got an idea and he thinks it's a lot more obvious than it is.

First of all, NRG members don't design the setup, they just help balance it-- and sometimes mods do just add random modifiers because they feel like it. If the setup does contain a disloyal roleblocker, it was probably IV's idea, and not the reviewers'. And second of all, the most likely reason to make a roleblocker disloyal is probably to keep it from interfering with other town PR's, so all that it would tell us is that there are probably town PR's that can be blocked.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3302 (isolation #120) » Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:15 am

In post 3196, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Is it not obvious by this point that because of my role I believe Day is very likely to be town?
...it felt pretty likely, yeah. Sorry not sorry, your argument really wasn't making any sense.

Question though: does your role specifically imply a disloyal roleblocker, or would it just make sense? Because if it's the latter, that doesn't rule out a lucky fakeclaim.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3303 (isolation #121) » Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:17 am

In post 3232, Luca Blight wrote:You seem desperate, Pooky
You seem tunneled, Luca
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3318 (isolation #122) » Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:53 am

In post 3311, Chara wrote:SS, who are you wanting to elim? it sounds like you think Day could be scum with that claim, but it seems like the consensus is they're not.
Well I was leaning that way but I will begrudgingly give Pooky the benefit of the doubt, at least for now.

I'm not sure. We don't really have any other wagons worthy of the name, but among the names being thrown around I probably prefer Norwee? I remember thinking he had some towny posts, but Luca disagreed and I defer to his greater experience there.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3319 (isolation #123) » Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:54 am

I'll wait to see if Luca's read changes after his reset, though.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3323 (isolation #124) » Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:03 am

My previous posts don't imply a strong townread on Luca; I would trust his read even if I didn't townread him, on the basis that it's quite risky to fake a strong meta read like that as scum.

But yes, I do townread him pretty strongly, on the basis that he's been very proactive and energetic but he doesn't really seem to be advancing an agenda. is honestly probably a pretty large part of it; it seems very risky as scum to double down and then just abruptly switch off. And I don't know much about his scumgame, but I've seen him play in this strong town-leadery way as town before and it was pretty similar to this.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3326 (isolation #125) » Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:05 am

In post 3325, Chara wrote:they all just seem to be meta which i take with a major grain of salt without a detailed breakdown of the player's style.
Seems like something you might be able to ask Luca about, he reportedly knows quite a lot about Norwee's meta.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3336 (isolation #126) » Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:13 am

It occurred to me that if skitter is scum, she's been angling to pocket Menalque since very early on. And in my experience that is something that skitter would do.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3354 (isolation #127) » Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:40 am

Skitter, if you agree that you might play for a long-game pocket on Menalque as scum here, then how does that square with this?
In post 2327, skitter30 wrote:why. do. i. wk. him. instead. of. just. letting. him. get. flipped.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3405 (isolation #128) » Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:15 pm

In post 3402, Luca Blight wrote:I've never seen Town!Norwee just skip over stuff and make assumptions without reading what people are saying before
Have you seen scum-him do it?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3696 (isolation #129) » Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:58 am

In post 3544, Alisae wrote:SS being scum is one of the few things that makes sense if you consider that everyone is just pushing town and no one can agree to do anything.
Really? I would think that a directionless town would imply, if anything, a strong and proactive scumteam.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3817 (isolation #130) » Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:53 pm

My preferred execution pool is something like {Ali, Chara, Norwee, PP, Ydrasse}.

But I'm pretty willing to compromise.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3827 (isolation #131) » Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:55 pm

In post 3820, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:SS do you have a good reason to townread farkran?
I mean, I have a reason to townread him. I can't be sure that it's
good
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3840 (isolation #132) » Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:00 pm

In post 3832, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:sure gimme your best reason
Fark doesn't feel like he's playing in a way that would be beneficial to scum-him. He's drawing a lot of attention while not accomplishing much, which is pretty much exactly what I remember him doing as town. It probably would have gotten him killed in that game if he hadn't been a PR, and it seems plausible that he as scum would expect it to get him killed here as well.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3848 (isolation #133) » Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:04 pm

In post 3842, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:so if this was day 3 and fark had killed mena town and then me town you would be ok with voting him then?
Probably, yeah, especially since he would have done both through my (and skitter's) objections.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3858 (isolation #134) » Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:08 pm

In post 3847, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:like if your sole reason for townreading Farkran is that HE HASNT DONE ENOUGH DAMAGE TO THE TOWN YET
That's... not what I said?

I said he's not accomplishing anything. He's all over the place. Like he posted a big all-caps call to arms on Alisae and switched off within five pages.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3860 (isolation #135) » Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:10 pm

In post 3851, Menalque wrote:S_S can u give me a clue on what the game was we had with the person who is probably Day?
Uh I have no idea how obvious/not obvious to be so sorry if this gives it away but
Spoiler:
Everyone had the same role
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3866 (isolation #136) » Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:12 pm

In post 3850, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:can we skip the part where fark scum drives thru 2-3 town miselims and go straight to killing him?
He doesn't even scumread you, what are you talking about
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3868 (isolation #137) » Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:13 pm

In post 3862, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:because he got no traction
Five pages is not enough time to determine this
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3876 (isolation #138) » Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:15 pm

In post 3872, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:ok which of us has more experience pushing miselims as a scum role?
You
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3892 (isolation #139) » Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:21 pm

Lucy has felt pretty damn town since her main has been outed.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3893 (isolation #140) » Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:22 pm

In post 3891, Ydrasse wrote:everyone having LORE and KNOWING DAY

hmph
It doesn't help much, trust me. I just recognize them as a different alt I played a single game with.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3915 (isolation #141) » Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:36 pm

In post 3909, LegoLucy wrote:chara is twtbw
:igmeou:
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4024 (isolation #142) » Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:57 pm

In post 4021, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:he like doesn't really even show up until like the danger has passed.
You're absolutely right. Town-Fark would obviously wake up at 3am to defend someone in a mafia game.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4030 (isolation #143) » Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:26 pm

was made 54 minutes after the earliest time Fark ever posted on any day (10:13 am his time). So at most he was lurking through, like, a page of conversation. You had already claimed and the danger had subsided by that point.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4091 (isolation #144) » Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:19 am

In post 4057, Luca Blight wrote:I’ll try to resist the temptation
You did a good job of it. :P
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4095 (isolation #145) » Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:20 am

In post 4076, PenguinPower wrote:and, if you think this is remotely how i would play as scum, then you
are
acting like idiots.
you need to claim
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4123 (isolation #146) » Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:52 am

I mean it could be a slip but it's more likely just poor phrasing ("two claimed TPR's" rather than "two TPR claims").
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4170 (isolation #147) » Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:27 am

Pooky I'll be interested to hear after the game why you think a vig that acts on N2 implies that a roleblocker that acts on odd nights would have to be disloyal.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4171 (isolation #148) » Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:27 am

Day should claim their action before anything.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4185 (isolation #149) » Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:24 am

In post 4179, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Because if Day was scum why would he even claim disloyal modifier for odd nights in the first place? It doesn't seem like something scum would just do.
It seems like a pretty decent scum fakeclaim to me. It's powerful enough that it incentivizes leaving them alive, but it's unverifiable and not likely to be counterclaimed.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4190 (isolation #150) » Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:26 am

Regardless, I wasn't objecting to the general claim that Day's role is an unlikely scum fakeclaim. I was objecting to Pooky's claim that Day's role being disloyal makes sense so that it doesn't interfere with Pooky's role.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4192 (isolation #151) » Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:27 am

In post 4187, Luca Blight wrote:I can only imagine he was BS’ing to eat the NK, as it makes absolutely no sense
But he had literally the worst role imaginable to do that with. 100% of his role's utility was in surviving until N2.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4208 (isolation #152) » Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:33 am

In post 4204, Luca Blight wrote:Pooky was obviously getting killed because of his claim regardless of reads
^
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4225 (isolation #153) » Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:40 am

In post 4209, Menalque wrote:maybe? idk, I don't kill for claims when I'm scum unless it's like literally a cop or there aren't better options
I think you're in the minority there, and Pooky softed a pretty strong role besides.

It's entirely possible that scum also intended to protect or frame Farkran, but I feel like we can't really read into that. (It's usually difficult to read into even when the target isn't a claimed PR.)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4229 (isolation #154) » Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:42 am

Oh good. I was afraid I'd be losing the pagetop game after that one, but I have a few to spare.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4259 (isolation #155) » Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:53 am

In post 4240, Menalque wrote:how did he soft strength?
Well you don't go "it's massive swing if I am roleblocked" if you're, like, a fruit vendor...
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4290 (isolation #156) » Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:06 am

In post 4273, NorwegianboyEE wrote:just because i ask them to explain their push and position.
That is definitely not all you are doing.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4294 (isolation #157) » Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:07 am

In post 4282, NorwegianboyEE wrote:If Farkran is scum then I'm making myself the fall guy.
FTFY
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4301 (isolation #158) » Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:11 am

In post 4299, Chara wrote:Day claimed non-consecutive, not odd-night.
I mean, in almost all circumstances a non-consecutive role should be using their action on odd nights.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4382 (isolation #159) » Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:56 pm

In post 4363, Menalque wrote:is this a shot that town takes?
Why wouldn't it be?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4492 (isolation #160) » Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:57 pm

In post 4454, Menalque wrote:I think I maybe just don't like matt Bellamy's voice that much, unfortunately
That is quite a shame. Matt Bellamy is, like, one of my favorite singers of all time, but his voice is definitely unusual.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4630 (isolation #161) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:39 am

VOTE: Farkran
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4689 (isolation #162) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:35 pm

How would that get on your good side? Didn't you just get done saying that there were probably a lot of scum on the wagon?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4697 (isolation #163) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:50 pm

In post 4690, Alisae wrote:because it appeases me and the timing makes the vote easily justified.
There's no way for skitter to know what conclusions I will reach from the vote count, or if I try to draw any conclusions at all.
I feel like she would expect that to look bad to most people...
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4705 (isolation #164) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:34 pm

In post 4698, Luca Blight wrote:SS, why did you vote Farkran?
Arguing for things that make no sense is not, in and of itself, scum indicative for Farkran.

But when I played with him before, he got pretty passionate and personal when arguing with people. I don't see that here. It makes me think that he's more focused on appearing reasonable than actually pushing the things he believes in.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4713 (isolation #165) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:03 pm

In post 4707, Luca Blight wrote:That was why I thought the D1 argument between Skitter/Pooky/Farkran was an all town affair, because the emotions felt genuine
I mean... I don't have a huge sample size. But it definitely felt like he was going all-out to try to win arguments in the other one, whereas he seems a lot more reserved here.

That, plus skitter and Menalque whom I trust are pushing him, plus I can see why he might be pushing the angles he is as scum if he felt he had no choice but to double down on them, make me feel reasonably good about this vote.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4715 (isolation #166) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:12 pm

Not per se, but I believe Menalque that skitter wouldn't kill Pooky.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4718 (isolation #167) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:25 pm

In post 4717, Luca Blight wrote:@SS You're willing to bet the game on that?
No...? I just think it's enough to make me not want to kill her today.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4721 (isolation #168) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:30 pm

I mean, I have a lot of faith in skitter and Menalque to read each other. Maybe too much, though I feel like in my experience they've rarely been wrong on each other.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4726 (isolation #169) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:37 pm

In post 4720, Luca Blight wrote:And what about the rest of what I wrote in that post?

Do you disagree?
I don't disagree. If I were to read skitter off of my own faculties she'd be somewhere near nullscum, I think?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4727 (isolation #170) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:39 pm

In post 4724, Luca Blight wrote:The line I heard earlier was that Menalque always Townbins Skitter until later in the game regardless?
This is the post I was going off of. Maybe I'm reading it as more confident than it is.
In post 4419, Menalque wrote:yah the idea that scum!skitt kills pooky N1 is kinda ridiculous imo
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4730 (isolation #171) » Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:42 pm

I mean, in my experience I've had a lot of trouble reading skitter early in the game. In TENET in particular I was scumreading her until she started hitting her stride.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4814 (isolation #172) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:26 am

In post 4780, Luca Blight wrote:I don’t like SS’s vote and think he could easily be scum
For what it's worth, I'm not sure that I would be making a push like that as scum if I didn't have to.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4820 (isolation #173) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:33 am

In post 4807, Luca Blight wrote:SS originally agreed with my argument, but later decided to trust Menalque that Skitter wouldn’t kill Pooky, which didn’t sit well with me
Like I said... I don't understand his reasoning, but that doesn't make it wrong, and he knows her very well. It's a team game, and so I'm going to trust the opinion of someone who's better-informed than I am. What part of that doesn't sit right with you?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4856 (isolation #174) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:55 am

In post 4836, Luca Blight wrote:There are way too many players pandering to the line that Skitter wouldn’t NK Pooky, and you’re one who I’d expect to see through the BS

And you did see through the Bs originally, but have allowed yourself to be sucked back into it because Menalque said so. I get this is a team game but that seems possibly scum motivated to me, as it feels more an act of convenience or politics than of genuine game-solving.
There aren't that many people arguing it, it seems to me? It's mostly just skitter and Menalque?

And like, it's not that I necessarily trust them completely. It's just that, between Fark and skitter, skitter has this going for her, and Fark doesn't really have anything going for him.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4861 (isolation #175) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:57 am

In post 4831, Farkran wrote:SS could you explain why you're voting me today? Your scumcase was kinda vague considering that it didn't look you were disagreeing with me/luca wrt skitter + you said i am not being passionate in but i feel like i am, and if anything that's probably more scum indicative from me than it is town + yesterday you didn't move your vote at all so you must have some valid reasons for doing so today?
Well, I have a reason. Can't promise that it's valid. But you remember the game we played together, right? I was ripping into you for pushing bad reasoning and you fought back really strongly and aggressively. You aren't doing that here.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4865 (isolation #176) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:58 am

In post 4860, Luca Blight wrote:You said something D1 about Farkran making it hard for himself if he’s scum with his stances, which I agreed with. Doesn’t that count?
Well that definitely applies to skitter too, unless she's scum with Menalque.

And I suppose I can look back at why I said that; it's certainly possible that I'm forgetting something that I saw earlier.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4991 (isolation #177) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:47 am

In post 4918, Alisae wrote:SS isn't good at this stuff
?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5018 (isolation #178) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:03 am

If Fark flips town we surely kill Alisae next.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5028 (isolation #179) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:11 am

What is fake about my positioning? Alisae literally quickhammered Fark while saying "yeah if I'm scum I quickhammer here".
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5030 (isolation #180) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:12 am

I mean, I don't disagree that skitter also needs to die in that scenario. But Alisae would need to die, like, really badly.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5032 (isolation #181) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:14 am

We can cross that bridge when we come to it, I suppose.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5122 (isolation #182) » Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:44 am

In post 5103, LegoLucy wrote:I have no understanding why ss isn't scum
Ask skitter
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5125 (isolation #183) » Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:52 am

In post 5124, LegoLucy wrote:I think it's impossible for skitter to have fully correct reads with the current gamestate after flips and claims
sure but like, she was more confident on me than on most other people. And historically she's pretty good at reading me (she misread me in PYP, but I'm pretty sure she came around before she died).
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5132 (isolation #184) » Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:00 am

In post 5128, LegoLucy wrote:Was she more confident on you then mena?
Hard to tell.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5135 (isolation #185) » Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:03 am

In post 5126, LegoLucy wrote:Whose the scumteam ss
Well, right now my townpool is {Day, Norwee, Menalque, Luca}, so that would leave my execution pool as {Lucy, Chara, Alisae}. Off the top of my head no combination of those three seems implausible.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5138 (isolation #186) » Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:12 am

You're talking about the stuff before the hammer?

I've never played against Ali-scum, but that kind of theater seems to be something they would do.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5236 (isolation #187) » Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:19 pm

So why did you stop?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5241 (isolation #188) » Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:23 pm

In post 5239, Alisae wrote:Like Mena the actions you and Lucy are taking right now are very similar, hence why I think it could make sense for you to be Lucy's teammate if she was scum.
Wouldn't that make it less likely?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5301 (isolation #189) » Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:56 pm

What was bad about them?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5302 (isolation #190) » Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:59 pm

In post 5300, Luca Blight wrote:As if he was hoping it wouldn't be very convincing and someone else would be limmed?
Also this is silly. My arguments were meta arguments which means at worst they are going to be ignored.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5304 (isolation #191) » Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:02 pm

It was definitely true. Want me to pull some quotes from the other game we played together?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5312 (isolation #192) » Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:42 pm

In post 5305, Luca Blight wrote:If you want to better explain your read progression as a whole then that would be good
I mean my progression on Fark is that I vaguely thought he was town and then I reread his ISO and looked back at the game (where he said stuff such as "I'll just never play with you again, that should be enough") and it felt like he was much meaner in that game and much more diplomatic in this one.

Which okay, I know it's low sample size. But it was a concrete thing to go on when I had very few other concrete leads, except for the points against skitter and I already explained why I didn't want to go for her.

And like... as scum, I'd know how that would have to look, no? Why wouldn't I make more of an effort to set it up instead of just abruptly reversing my read like that?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5314 (isolation #193) » Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:59 pm

The accidental E-1 being theater is plausible, but I think that Day is town off of their claim and Fark's flip.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5316 (isolation #194) » Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:13 pm

T -> T enabling is pretty common, though S -> S enabling is indeed rare. But more than that, I didn't think Day would have claimed that role as a scum roleblocker, and now we know that they are in fact a roleblocker.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5318 (isolation #195) » Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:17 pm

I mean, it could just be that Ali was planning to quickhammer if anyone put Fark at E-1, without that necessarily implicating Day.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5319 (isolation #196) » Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:17 pm

Well I guess that's obviously true regardless of their alignment.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5326 (isolation #197) » Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:44 pm

In post 5322, Chara wrote:SS, did you respond to what i said about Farkran being passionate as scum after the justification you gave for your Fark vote?
I don't think so, link it?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5406 (isolation #198) » Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:13 am

In post 5403, NorwegianboyEE wrote:This scum, game solved.
How many games have you played with me before?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5408 (isolation #199) » Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:22 am

Really?

I can only recall, like, two.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”