Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:20 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 623, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 601, Luca Blight wrote:I’m not getting any Town vibes at all from Norwegian so far
nah he's town

he just has really awful reads.

I had to read his entire ISO for TM and he knows how bad he plays when he has a town role pm lolol
I actually respect Norwegian's Town play a lot and we normally mind-meld quite a bit when we're both Town, which isn't happening at all here.

I'm gonna stay open-minded as I'm not convinced he's scum yet, but as I said no Town pings thus far
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:20 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 666, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:thats very helpful ali

instead of explaining to me why im wrong

you would rather die and make me die too

very helpful
you don't even push people as strongly as you've been pushing people when you're town.
At least from what I've seen, you only play like this when ur a wolf. It's sus.
GTKAS
| here.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:21 pm

Post by skitter30 »

day, i appreciate the response, ty
unfortunatley i kinda feel like you're a bit wishy-washy rn :/

pooky ty for that one too!!

people i have some level of a townread on: pooky, lucy (maybe?), fark, luca, ss , norwee

i thought about including mena but decided to take him out - i think that's more of a ping than anything else
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:22 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 688, Chara wrote:like it's just a picking of events that sound the worst, you must know that.
also Ali saying something like "i'm fine flipping my townread to prove you wrong" seems really in character. no shade but spite is an Ali emotion.
glad I don't have to actually read the case to know that it's just pooky picking the events that sound the worst.
I can only imagine thats what any case would look like given how far we are into the actual game.
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:23 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 827, skitter30 wrote:people i have some level of a townread on: pooky, lucy (maybe?), fark, luca, ss , norwee
I townread all of these players except Pooky.
Why do you townread Pooky?
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:26 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 697, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:oops sorry for the wrong pronouns

should be eir iso etc.

the progression does not make sense because if Ali is willing to let Ydra die to see if Ali is wrong about Pooky/Ydra

Me unvoting ydra should make Ali less willing to kill me, not more.

That's why I said E is thinking in terms of mis-elims, not figuring out the truth.
You know I don't actually think this way right?
I see your Ydra push and I go "Okay, so there's probably 1 scum in here" and then I try to figure out who is the scum in there.
I'm okay with flipping Ydra, at least at that point in time, because my reads were just so different and maybe I'm the one who has their head up their ass and is completely wrong?
GTKAS
| here.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:27 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 828, Alisae wrote:glad I don't have to actually read the case to know that it's just pooky picking the events that sound the worst.
I mean isn't that what a scumcase always is...?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:28 pm

Post by skitter30 »

i think he pushes all the pushes harder as scum (i.e. like through to a lim) and doesn't back off as easily (ydrasse, you once i said i wasn't interested)

unless literally his whole game is like to try to pocket me (which i suppose is possible)
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:28 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 701, Day wrote:Having no room to see both of Pooky and Ydrasse being town doesn't seem genuine. Why can't Pooky be wrong also be town instead of 'just scum'? It feels more like that's what Alisae wants that to be perceived as, as it helps their win con and both of Pooky and Ydrasse are town. Seeing at least 1 scum in Pooky and Menalque is also more of the same kind of thing.
because of his confidence and how he's pushing Ydra. The posts I quoted in my catch-up made me think he was pushing Ydra with a fact not a read. He had a very justified push on Ydra and townies want to be more right instead of justified. Pushing someone with a justified push and wanting to have more ironclad reasoning is a scum trait.
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:29 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 831, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 828, Alisae wrote:glad I don't have to actually read the case to know that it's just pooky picking the events that sound the worst.
I mean isn't that what a scumcase always is...?
Most of the time yes but not all of the time
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:31 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 832, skitter30 wrote:i think he pushes all the pushes harder as scum (i.e. like through to a lim) and doesn't back off as easily (ydrasse, you once i said i wasn't interested)

unless literally his whole game is like to try to pocket me (which i suppose is possible)
I think I can comment on this because I kind of relate to this mentality as scum.
In One Night Stand I pushed things and then when I realized that person wasn't elimable anymore I backed off and tried to find somewhere else to go.
What ended up happening was a lot of people townread me for it because it seemed really natural.

So I want to ask you what you think the motivation behind this is, because I think the motivation could be that Pooky realizes that no one is buying it so he's backing off and looking for something else.
GTKAS
| here.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:33 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 648, Alisae wrote:
In post 646, LegoLucy wrote:
In post 644, Alisae wrote:Did Pooky actually open up this gamethread and decide to play the openwolf as much as possible? Tbh that’s the only way his actions make any sense to me.

I don’t get this reaction otherwise tbh.
Is your meaning you think it is obvious that you're a villager?
I don’t think I’ve obviously towntold myself but Pooky’s read on me is way too strong for it to be a naturally formed read that comes from the desire to be right.
That's funny, because I actually feel the same about your Pooky read rn
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:38 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 832, skitter30 wrote:unless literally his whole game is like to try to pocket me (which i suppose is possible)
It is! It is! <3
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:38 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 665, LegoLucy wrote:Alisae's readings seem very chaotic which seems like an aimless villager though
Can you elaborate on this? I haven't had the same impression
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:42 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 835, Alisae wrote:So I want to ask you what you think the motivation behind this is, because I think the motivation could be that Pooky realizes that no one is buying it so he's backing off and looking for something else.
idk. the waogn on you seems to have some sort of traction, and i don't think that me saying i disagree inherently kills it, but he immediatley backed off right when i did

and pooky! obviously you're pocketing me, i meant in a scum way of course!

eh maybe let's downgrade pooky to like townping/+town (i.e. as opposed to a fullblown townread) but still i'm not sure i'm buying scum here really
Show
Hiatus once more.

Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:43 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 684, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I didn’t really townread Alisae but i agree on their points that Pooky’s case looks like mostly omgus and it’s too confident for this point in the game.
This is weak, Town!Norwee is better than this
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:43 pm

dont townlock me skitter

i dont want to get nightkilled

just want to dance with you <3
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:43 pm

Post by skitter30 »

luca remind me how much experience you have with norwee again?

i'm not gonna townlock you pooky :)
Show
Hiatus once more.

Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:44 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 706, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 701, Day wrote:Why can't Pooky be wrong also be town instead of 'just scum'?
You think this occurs to town-Alisae but doesn't occur to scum-Alisae trying to emulate their town thought processes?
As scum I don't emulate my town thought processes because I'm not playing town.
However I will say that my entire gameplay in One Night Stand was me just mimicking the expectations people have for me when I play town because those players don't understand how my scumgame actually works.
While up to One Night Stand, I had a very proactive scumgame with the focus on driving the narrative and controlling the agenda. (Pooky was IN this game btw and it fooled him)
However when I randed scum in One Night Stand I realized that if I do this, I'm just going to die immediately. So I just didn't. I conceded proactivity for survivability.
Now note I was still very much the same for example:
In post 707, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:town alisae is more likely to think about T/T whereas scum alisae is just looking for mis-elims and pushing a pooky/ydra dichotomy is very pro-scum if P/Y are both town.
Yes to half of this. As scum, I am looking for mis-elims constantly and trying to explore those.
However the other half is literally just something I do as both alignments because as town, this is how I solve. It's what works for me. As scum, I do in fact use this to push one push the other.

--
In post 708, Day wrote:It makes it feel like a fake thought process for Alisae not to consider arguably the most likely scenario statistically speaking of both of them being town, and that might be because they
want
to see the situation as having 1 scum in it as it helps their win con.
this is just how I solve. I considered pooky being right on Ydra but I also considered that Pooky could just be scum. Pooky being wrong on Ydra with how they're pushing ydra doesn't occur to me because judging his push, it means he has a smoking gun on ydra and that ydra would almost surely flip scum, or that Pooky is just scum.

--
In post 711, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 706, Something_Smart wrote:You think this occurs to town-Alisae but doesn't occur to scum-Alisae trying to emulate their town thought processes?

You have a fundamental error here.

Scum!Alisae does not emulate town!alisae's thought process.

Scum!Alisae believes in pushing scum role objectives. The goal for Scum!Alisae is not to blend in, it's to push mis-elims and win.
You were in One Night Stand. One Night Stand was just me blending in. Are we ignoring the existence of this game? Why are you ignoring this game?
GTKAS
| here.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:45 pm

like I really enjoy this PL

and I like this game a lot

and I really enjoy dancing with Skitter.

so I don't really get why people seem to think my pushes are pushing for elimination.

I don't like killing people.

Unless I'm like scum

then I really like killing people

but even then this is a bit soon :3
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:46 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 839, skitter30 wrote:
In post 835, Alisae wrote:So I want to ask you what you think the motivation behind this is, because I think the motivation could be that Pooky realizes that no one is buying it so he's backing off and looking for something else.
idk. the waogn on you seems to have some sort of traction, and i don't think that me saying i disagree inherently kills it, but he immediatley backed off right when i did

and pooky! obviously you're pocketing me, i meant in a scum way of course!

eh maybe let's downgrade pooky to like townping/+town (i.e. as opposed to a fullblown townread) but still i'm not sure i'm buying scum here really
Think about it objectively based on the # of people you need to kill someone and the # of people who aren't willing to vote me. For the sake of this, include yourself in the pool of # of people that are willing to vote me.
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:47 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 729, Farkran wrote:Like this is EXACTLY why i haven't been attacking your position on alisae -- consistently with your previous votes, i thought that your scumhunting process was to stir the waters and see what sticks, which makes sense from a town perspective
this isn't how town!pooky usually conducts himself tho its weird!
GTKAS
| here.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:47 pm

In post 843, Alisae wrote:You were in One Night Stand. One Night Stand was just me blending in. Are we ignoring the existence of this game? Why are you ignoring this game?
Well you remember what I said about one night stand and the TR on you there.

it was pretty much on point!

so on point you tried to use it to breadcrumb to FL :3

Also it's more out of the norm than your typical scum-game.

And I don't think you enjoyed blending in very much - since you didn't seem to enjoy one night stand very much :3

so why wouldn't you go back to the tried and true?
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:50 pm

Post by skitter30 »

right exactly, i dont' think you're trying to kill anyone here

i wanna say that i like ali on this page

also i feel like i have an outsized number of townreads on me
Show
Hiatus once more.

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:50 pm

In post 843, Alisae wrote:While up to One Night Stand, I had a very proactive scumgame with the focus on driving the narrative and controlling the agenda. (Pooky was IN this game btw and it fooled him)
it didn't really fool me tho

I said you were playing a more relaxed game and hence town unless you were exactly teamed with Flavor Leaf

I then pushed FL out a window and he flipped scum cuz he had the worst botched claim eva lol.

so I would've come back to you at some point :3.

probably to kill you since you tried so hard to defend FL from me with some fake doctor claim.

:]
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”