innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3300 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:07 am

Post by innocentvillager »

Vote count 1.14

with 13 votes in play, it takes 7 to eliminate. Day 1 ends in (expired on 2021-03-19 19:26:46).

elimination
1. skitter30 [1]:

2. Farkran [1]:

3. Alisae [0]:

4. PookyTheMagicalBear [0]:

5. Chara [1]:

6. Luca Blight [0]:

7. NorwegianboyEE [2]:
8. Menalque [2]:
9. LegoLucy [0]:

10. PenguinPower [0]:

11. Ydrasse [0]:

12. Day [3]:
, ,
13. Something_Smart [1]:

no elimination [0]:

Not Voting [2]:

mod notes~ Day V/LA Tuesday

Spoiler: traditional vc
elimination
Day [3]:
, ,
Menalque [2]:
NorwegianboyEE [2]:
Something_Smart [1]:

Chara [1]:

Farkran [1]:

skitter30 [1]:

Not Voting [2]:

Spoiler: vote log
Day 1 vote log

bolded
denotes a current vote
Last edited by innocentvillager on Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3301 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:08 am

Post by Luca Blight »

Well there’s no guarantee but it was certainly on the cards
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3302 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:15 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 3196, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Is it not obvious by this point that because of my role I believe Day is very likely to be town?
...it felt pretty likely, yeah. Sorry not sorry, your argument really wasn't making any sense.

Question though: does your role specifically imply a disloyal roleblocker, or would it just make sense? Because if it's the latter, that doesn't rule out a lucky fakeclaim.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3303 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:17 am

In post 3232, Luca Blight wrote:You seem desperate, Pooky
You seem tunneled, Luca
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3304 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:23 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 3111, Luca Blight wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 2418, Day wrote:This game is so entertaining, I had way too much fun catching up on all that. I was starting to think I might've been the crazy one and the legendary 1800 was actually scummy when all of skitter/Pooky/Chara were vehemently against me, so it's relieving to see Farkran/Norwee/Luca come in and mirror essentially everything I was thinking on the matter. The way the factions have developed in this game are really fascinating, this is most interesting day 1 've been in for ages.

skitter's venting I actually find pretty towny, in that her exasperation indicates she truly does believe in the arguments she's making, so if she's scum, she thinks she's actually completely in the right here, or she's just town. Farkran is obvtown. Luca is still obvtown. Norwee still town and the mind melding helps a lot. Pooky 'm not as sure on but pushing and calling Fark scum probably doesn't have much scum motivation there even if I completely disagree with the reasoning? I townread him less than I did before though. I don't hate Luca's take that it's a TvTvTvT. skitter being the least confident because that's a recent change in heart and the rest of the game's content and uneasy feelings do still exist.

Uh, what else. Chara! Chara, Chara, Chara... I found Chara's vote on me really strange as well, and the way they framed how they disliked me reconsidering while they agree with the reasoning which made me reconsider is weird. They said town sometimes doubles down on reasoning and is antagonistic, and are applying the inverse to say me
not
doing that is scummy, when I don't think they should be applying the inverse there?
I also didn't like because Chara acknowledged they haven't read most of the game and were playing a 5 page game or whatever, so how could they know when they haven't see what I townread Lucy for and why?
In post 2419, Day wrote:VOTE: Chara

Out for now.
In post 2430, Day wrote:
In post 2422, skitter30 wrote:VOTE: day
In post 2425, Menalque wrote:VOTE: day
Of course.
In post 2433, Day wrote:'d still vote for Menalque if not Chara. The minimum 1 scum thing and performative votes onto Luca and Norwee when they're both obvtown is what I actually think is the worst take in the game.
In post 2434, Day wrote:Eh, I want to do this more right now.

VOTE: Menalque

Out for real now.

I find this sequence really scummy.

Day acknowledged Chara was correct in divining his thought-process in , but when a wagon had sprung up and gained some interest on Chara Day then decides he SR's them? The reasoning he gave is not new here so why has he waited until this point to fos/vote them?

And his tone is so scummy. He later said he is intentionally faking his tone or something, but I don't see a gimmick in ? It's like he feels nervous about joining the wagon so overcompensates in terms of how he's presenting it. He did something similar earlier in the game when hopping back on the Suji wagon while I was casing Norwee.

He then receives a couple of votes and then fos's Menalque again before switching onto him for something that happened ages ago. It seems like he's really insecure over his Chara vote here and is playing politically.
I think the sequence is only scummy if you are strong on reading menalque as town because otherwise Day's picks aren't bad and his progression on them is solid, especially mena (see the very same readlist i just linked)

The vote against Chara (nullread from Day so far) is born out of Chara's stance wrt 1800 and its vote on Day which i also found distasteful to be honest - although 2114 as you have pointed out is kinda political for Day and i can see how you find him scummy because of that - rest of the reasons (tone and vote progression) i don't really see them, i don't think he has a scummy tone and his reasons for scumreading menalque sound sincere whereas i cannot say the opposite is true

I have already spoken at length about how i think the wagon against day is bad regardless of day alignment (i.e. the reasons that people gave for voting Day are bad) which to me is further motive to believe he is town. Incidentally Chara could also be scum here and i can compromise on it, i've been trying to townread it because i really wanted to play together but i don't know, pooky being THIS committed to save Day makes me believe i have to redesign the game structure i had in mind

Wrt the claim, i don't think scum produces a claim this spicy when there are at least 3-4 people hard defending him not including his partners - i mean try to see things from my pov: i am not scum, pooky is (now surprisingly) not scum, lucy is extremely likely not scum and we were all fighting hard against Day's lim, not including his potential partners. I know you believe norwee is one but no matter his alignment norw would never vote day, and there's at least third one who would also not vote there

Day was never in such a dangerous position to produce a risky claim like that
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #3305 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:43 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Menalque, Alisae, Penguin, Chara are the most sus slots to me right now.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #3306 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:44 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Farkran continues to sound incredibly townie.
Pooky are you sure about this?
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3307 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:05 am

Post by Luca Blight »

UNVOTE:

I’m gonna take a break and reset
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #3308 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:40 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

i have never played with fark b4

im ok with defering on the elim if you guys want someone else but im not gonna be ok with:

day skitter norwee or ss
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #3309 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:19 am

Post by Chara »

i'm not sure what i want to do here.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #3310 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:21 am

Post by Ydrasse »

☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3311 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:27 am

Post by Chara »

SS, who are you wanting to elim? it sounds like you think Day could be scum with that claim, but it seems like the consensus is they're not. i don't agree at all with Fark's belief that Day wasn't in danger of being eliminated, they were at something like E-2 and were about to go on a v/la.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3312 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:27 am

Post by Chara »

this cat makes me feel things.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3313 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:32 am

Post by Chara »

In post 3304, Farkran wrote:Incidentally Chara could also be scum here and i can compromise on it, i've been trying to townread it because i really wanted to play together but i don't know, pooky being THIS committed to save Day makes me believe i have to redesign the game structure i had in mind
why can i be scum? you know my current scumgame the best of this table, and you also seem to have a good idea of what my townplay is like.

i want to play with you too, i think i've explained my thoughts on what you've asked me about to the most that they existed, and yeah it is a little awkward to converse when we're online at different times.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #3314 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:34 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 3302, Something_Smart wrote:Question though: does your role specifically imply a disloyal roleblocker, or would it just make sense? Because if it's the latter, that doesn't rule out a lucky fakeclaim.
It would make a lot of sense for a town roleblocker to have a disloyal modifier.

Yea it could be a lucky fake-claim but when you evaluate probabilities I think its much more likely that Day's claim is true than he got lucky claiming that modifier.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3315 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:41 am

Post by Chara »

playing a day 1 with friends is difficult.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #3316 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:47 am

Post by Ydrasse »

VERY difficult
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3317 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:53 am

Post by Chara »

could you talk about what it is you were trying to figure out with the vote on me?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3318 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:53 am

In post 3311, Chara wrote:SS, who are you wanting to elim? it sounds like you think Day could be scum with that claim, but it seems like the consensus is they're not.
Well I was leaning that way but I will begrudgingly give Pooky the benefit of the doubt, at least for now.

I'm not sure. We don't really have any other wagons worthy of the name, but among the names being thrown around I probably prefer Norwee? I remember thinking he had some towny posts, but Luca disagreed and I defer to his greater experience there.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3319 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:54 am

I'll wait to see if Luca's read changes after his reset, though.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3320 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:56 am

Post by Chara »

i think Luca is my strongest townread at the moment.

Norwee has also felt pretty town in spite of his having a lot of reads i don't really agree with.

pedit: so you TR Luca strongly? why is that?
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #3321 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:02 am

Post by Ydrasse »

norwee feels towny and i don’t uh. get what his agenda is as people have claimed

i also have scumread norwee when he was town though so maybe i just can’t read him
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #3322 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:03 am

Post by Ydrasse »

it feels like there’s this weird little knot of like, mena/pooky/skitter which i think contains at least one scum but i couldn’t tell you who it was? it just looks like this little mess that’s like... Bad. yes i have no critical thinking skills
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3323 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:03 am

My previous posts don't imply a strong townread on Luca; I would trust his read even if I didn't townread him, on the basis that it's quite risky to fake a strong meta read like that as scum.

But yes, I do townread him pretty strongly, on the basis that he's been very proactive and energetic but he doesn't really seem to be advancing an agenda. is honestly probably a pretty large part of it; it seems very risky as scum to double down and then just abruptly switch off. And I don't know much about his scumgame, but I've seen him play in this strong town-leadery way as town before and it was pretty similar to this.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #3324 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:03 am

Post by Ydrasse »

this game sucks vs flavor v hectic because i’m going to feel guilty if we miselim someone
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”