Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5300 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:54 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

SS's stance on Farkran was weird because he TR/defended Farkran consistently until he naked voted him D2

When asked to explain his vote he gave bad reasons, like really bad. As if he was hoping it wouldn't be very convincing and someone else would be limmed?

The whole progression is off
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #5301 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:56 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

What was bad about them?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5302 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:59 pm

In post 5300, Luca Blight wrote:As if he was hoping it wouldn't be very convincing and someone else would be limmed?
Also this is silly. My arguments were meta arguments which means at worst they are going to be ignored.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5303 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:00 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

You SR him for not being passionate, which

a) wasn't true
b) was known not to be scum-indicative of Farkran

Given you TR Farkran all game long before that, it felt like a really dirty vote and I could easily seeing it be a weak bus
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5304 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:02 pm

It was definitely true. Want me to pull some quotes from the other game we played together?
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5305 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:03 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

If you want to better explain your read progression as a whole then that would be good
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5306 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:10 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

lol f3 searching 'Fark' in Chara's ISO isn't very helpful due to their sig
LegoLucy
LegoLucy
Goon
LegoLucy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5307 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:12 pm

Post by LegoLucy »

Maybe disable the "display other people's signature" setting in your profile temporarily?
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5308 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:17 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Nice tip

It seems like Chara was gearing up to vote Ali before what later transpired. I think this is the surest bet of hitting scum today
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5309 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:24 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

What if the team is Ali/Day and that setup and hammer was manufactured?

Tbh it did feel a bit manufactured/dirty on some level but I don't know if I'm overthinking this
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5310 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:31 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

This feels really fake to me, and it's not the first time I've felt that way about a Day interaction this game

Spoiler:
In post 4928, Day wrote:VOTE: Farkran

Sigh
In post 4930, Day wrote:Wait, that might be L-1, 'm not sure.
In post 4931, Alisae wrote:VOTE: Farkran
Also this is a scum hammer coming from me if this is town so I should probably just always die tomorrow if this does flip town so..........
In post 4932, Day wrote:Enjoy your pizza, friend...

UNVOTE: Farkran
In post 4933, Day wrote:Huh
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5311 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:33 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 4929, Farkran wrote:I need to make pasta, i'm 40 minutes late and i'm going to be flipped irl if i don't

Anyways, ali is scum with skitter

Pedit day you're wrong

See you later
Add in this post and it's quite possible the three of them (who were all online) cooked up this plan

It would make sense given either Ali or Farkran were getting limmed and scum needed that precious towncred
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5312 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:42 pm

In post 5305, Luca Blight wrote:If you want to better explain your read progression as a whole then that would be good
I mean my progression on Fark is that I vaguely thought he was town and then I reread his ISO and looked back at the game (where he said stuff such as "I'll just never play with you again, that should be enough") and it felt like he was much meaner in that game and much more diplomatic in this one.

Which okay, I know it's low sample size. But it was a concrete thing to go on when I had very few other concrete leads, except for the points against skitter and I already explained why I didn't want to go for her.

And like... as scum, I'd know how that would have to look, no? Why wouldn't I make more of an effort to set it up instead of just abruptly reversing my read like that?
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5313 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:43 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

SS, thoughts on my Day/Ali theory above?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5314 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:59 pm

The accidental E-1 being theater is plausible, but I think that Day is town off of their claim and Fark's flip.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5315 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:11 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

I've just gone through the archives and it seems enablers being of different alignment to the role they enable is more common than the reverse, so maybe Day is more likely town based on their role
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5316 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:13 pm

T -> T enabling is pretty common, though S -> S enabling is indeed rare. But more than that, I didn't think Day would have claimed that role as a scum roleblocker, and now we know that they are in fact a roleblocker.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5317 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:14 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 4928, Day wrote:VOTE: Farkran

Sigh
In post 4929, Farkran wrote:I need to make pasta, i'm 40 minutes late and i'm going to be flipped irl if i don't

Anyways, ali is scum with skitter

Pedit day you're wrong

See you later
In post 4930, Day wrote:Wait, that might be L-1, 'm not sure.
In post 4931, Alisae wrote:VOTE: Farkran
Also this is a scum hammer coming from me if this is town so I should probably just always die tomorrow if this does flip town so..........
It is amazing how this all happened within a minute

It feels like Ali was prepped and ready for this
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5318 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:17 pm

I mean, it could just be that Ali was planning to quickhammer if anyone put Fark at E-1, without that necessarily implicating Day.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5319 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:17 pm

Well I guess that's obviously true regardless of their alignment.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5320 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:25 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

I feel uncomfortable townlocking Day when I just played a game with S->S (and T) enabling, but I guess if there's no other Town Rb claim then Day is more likely Town.

Hopefully limming Chara, Ali, SS in whatever order wins the game
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #5321 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:08 pm

Post by Chara »

Day is more and more consistently feeling like town i'm paranoid of rather than correctly reading (as scum), and that's besides the mech stuff that i still can't help taking a grain of salt with.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5322 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:15 pm

Post by Chara »

SS, did you respond to what i said about Farkran being passionate as scum after the justification you gave for your Fark vote?
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5323 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:21 pm

Post by Chara »

i would feel much better with Lucy in that pool and Ali out of it.
i'm not scum and i really don't want to be eliminated, but i don't think i have the tools to get out of it right now. i think maybe i will given enough time but this game moves so fast every time i try to take a break and i just don't think i can manage it.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5324 (ISO) » Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:33 pm

Post by Chara »

if i was scum with Fark i would have done more to distance, not just let him be like i did.
now that i think of that, i am thinking it's possible he and Ali constructed a bus, but it's also just as possible that Fark tried to go for a different angle to set up his partners. not that i know what the angle would be, i'd be better off ignoring his posts outright anyway. and i don't just say that to excuse my own laziness, even if i do also say it to do exactly that.

but my point still remains that as scum i would have had to have that drive to try more than i did, especially if i'd rolled scum with Fark again. i wouldn't be in this position of being a PoE elim.

also the argument that i'd be more angry at Ali as town sucks, because i
was
annoyed, and more importantly wouldn't i also be angry anyway as scum if Ali had hammered my partner?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”