I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #34 (isolation #1) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:40 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

KrisReizer wrote:
Vote: Kmd
for obviously being Near. See the N in his avatar?
Yankees....

Self vote: I thought it was a humerous vote. I don't see a problem with it. It looks like it was meant to be funny, and I thought it was.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #44 (isolation #2) » Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:34 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Was that really an accidental self vote?!?!?
Kind of funny if it was.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #46 (isolation #3) » Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:52 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

The N is for New York. It is a Yankees logo. If you don't know that, I am offended.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #52 (isolation #4) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:07 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

A self-vote that was fixed 1 minute later wasn't accidental? What are you suggesting it was?
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #55 (isolation #5) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:17 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

KrisReizer wrote:
Oh, hush. It was just a joke.
I know it was a joke. If you could see my face when I was typing that, you would know I was smiling at it.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #62 (isolation #6) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:59 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

someone2 wrote:I will start by unvoting, since random stage is over

unvote

For me the scummiest player now is Kmd. He has some posts, but most are meaningless posts talking about his avatar...Just trying not to seem lurking? Oh, and sometimes he had things like "That self-vote was funny" I just dont see any effort of participation ( I didnt participate much me too, but I was too busy to post, which is not his case cause he have made lots of posts, but without content...)

But the scummiest of his posts was post 52. Why did you feel the need of defending his accidental random vote?I dont find anything suspicious in his self-vote, but maybe his answer would have made me change my mind. However, now he doesn't have to answer, you did it for him!
Well, first of all my joke vote is still on as well so
unvote

As far as the accidental self vote, I wasn't trying to defend whoever did it, I was saying that it makes no sense to try to build a case on that. It was fixed immediately and I think it was clearly an accident.

I know I haven't added much content but that's because there isn't much going on. I haven't seen anything particularly scummy yet. When I do, you can be sure that you will hear it.
someone2 wrote:Hitogoroshi, I find him suspicious because he posts without actually saying anything. It's just like saying: "Hey, I'm here, I'm not lurking, but I don't want to help the town!" I know it's page 3, but random vote is now over.
Ok, when did I say I won't help the town? I just don't see anything yet. Everything so far has been either random or trying to make accusations just to get the game going.
someone2 wrote:I totally agree with what Kmd said, but I think Light-Kun could have answered that, so why Kmd feeled obliged to defend him by answering the question that was adressed to Light-Kun?
I wasn't answering any questions. I was asking why some one would go after Light for something like that. I didn't see any point in it.
someone2 wrote: Maybe, we don't know, Light-Kun had another reason for this self-vote ( I find it quite strange, cause it's the first time I see someone self-voting, and now there's two self-votes in the three first pages of the game...)we're not in his head, but if this was a scummy action, Light Kun would have had to find an answer, and that's a situation where scum can easily slip.
How would it benefit scum to self-vote and then one minute later unvote and vote for some one else?
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #68 (isolation #7) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:52 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Light-kun wrote:
omni wrote:as a note, can mafia actually shoot itself? Haha! I win the argument! That...is the point of this argument, right...? O.o Nothing further here.
Wait, what? Ok, trying to understand this. Can the mafia shoot itself? Do you mean self-vote? NK maybe? They can do both of those things. I've seen scum NK'd by scum once in the very few games I have played.
You win the arguement? What? How does this question win an arguement? You lost me with this part of the post.
Light-kun wrote:
omni wrote:Third Shield:
Kriz and KMD did both answer a question for me. I have absolutely no idea why they would, and for that reason, both could be put under the microscope. Someone pointed out KMD to be an active lurker, which is potentially true. I haven't played with him, and that is fine and dandy. On the other hand...
Kriz is also novice rank (I am too according to that little thing under my icon, I know) so it is slightly possible that they defended me because they are novices, regardless of alignment. I think it might depend on how much mafia IRC or forum (latter more so) experience either has. Hm...
If we were going to lynch over a self-vote that was immediately fixed, there is something wrong with that. Maybe you are scum but if you are, this is far from a tell. I don't know what could make you accidently self-vote but I saw no reason behind it, my thought was "are these people serious" so I reacted. I was not defending you, I was saying that this one thing is not a scum tell.

If you think I am actively lurking, that's fine. I realize I haven't added much but as I said already, I don't see anything yet.

My experience is very little. I think I've finished 4 or 5 games. My wiki will show you. I feel that I have picked up basic concepts of the game very quickly so I don't feel like I should be considered a newb anymore but I don't consider myself experienced yet. I'm somewhere in between. I don't understand what experience has to do with anything though.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #88 (isolation #8) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:44 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

What about your original suspicion though? You were suspicious of omni before that last post. Now you are all but clearing him?
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #101 (isolation #9) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:13 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

All I can think of is that in a game like this, experienced scum will often lurk because so many other players are doing it so they can get away with it.

We are barely getting any information from this.

vote kris

started out pretty active and then disapeared.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #105 (isolation #10) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:01 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

omni wrote:I concur with this notion of needing to bring people back to activeness, so having said that, Krisreiser was very active at the start but not so much now, hopefully this will coax him out

unvote, vote: KrisReiser
All you did is restate what I said...
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #107 (isolation #11) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:40 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

unvote

Replacement basically kills the lurker case.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #110 (isolation #12) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:43 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Does anyone have anything to add?
3 players active in 24 hours is ridiculous with 12 players alive.

Omni, care to defend your bandwagon vote? Kris already had a tie for the most votes and you simply restated my case and placed a vote.

In fact,
vote omni
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #112 (isolation #13) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:46 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

But in order to provide a solid defense, you have to address points raised against you.
Deflecting attention is scummy.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #118 (isolation #14) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:32 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Light-kun wrote: KMD: I liked his idea, but attacking Omni for an obvious pressure vote.... bothers me... maybe KMD isn't experienced enough to know the majors pros of having a pressure vote.

Brandi- I get scum vibes. I really really don't like her play. seems evasive somehow.

Vote Brandi
There isn't much going on yet in this game. Omni's bandwagon vote is actually probably the biggest thing I have seen so far...
Although I don't like the quick defense from drake.

Care to explain what you mean by Brandi being "evasive somehow"?
omni wrote:
unvote

Of all the inactives he seemed like the most suspicious he posted so much at the start and then died off. I was thinking about going for one of the others though and perhaps should have.
If you genuinely believed the case, why unvote?
Don't unvote just because some one sees it as scummy.
Back up your vote and convince us it was more than bandwagon.

I wasn't asking you to back off of it. I was just saying that it looked like a bandwagon vote. The quick unvote has me thinking I was right.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #120 (isolation #15) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:02 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Post 108 you came into the game.
Post 110 I vote omni.
Post 111 you use your first post of the game to defend omni.

How is this
not
quick?
Do you have anything else to add to the game?
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #122 (isolation #16) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:36 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Ok, I missed the quote in your first post.

Anyway, if you weren't defending LK, why mention that if you were defending anyone that's who it was?
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #133 (isolation #17) » Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:27 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

omni wrote:The unvote was because the player doesn't exist anymore, like I said the player was very active at the start and then went inactive, that's pretty scummy to me, but turns out he had his own reasons and has been removed so that's why there's an unvote.
But when you unvoted, it was after I called out your bandwagon vote and you said something along the lines of "maybe I should have voted some one else".
SensFan wrote:
Kmd4390 wrote: How would it benefit scum to self-vote and then one minute later unvote and vote for some one else?
It lets him avoid doing the one thing that is most incriminating as Scum.
which is...?
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #135 (isolation #18) » Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:35 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

It was past the random stage when LK self voted.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #138 (isolation #19) » Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:32 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

It was accidental though. If you look back, it was fixed
one minute
later.

I'm not sure how that happens accidentally but that seems to be the case.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #142 (isolation #20) » Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:24 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

drake_259 wrote:
I haven't voted for anyone yet
You replaced into the game. Whoever you replaced voted.
SensFan wrote:
Kmd4390 wrote:It was accidental though. If you look back, it was fixed
one minute
later.

I'm not sure how that happens accidentally but that seems to be the case.
If it is so meaningless, than why the Hell are you making such a big deal about it?

FoS: Kmd#
I'm not making a big deal about it. You said it was more incriminating. I responded by saying it was accidental and not incriminating.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #144 (isolation #21) » Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:54 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

May not be able to post until Monday night.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #161 (isolation #22) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:23 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Light-kun wrote: The replacements are pretty much void of suspicion/innocence because most of the replacements replaced players who never played. So, that is -3 (I think) other people.
Replacements are just as likely scum as anyone else..........
afatchic wrote: As i started reading I thought it was wierd that FFB self-voted, however i didn't think it was too scummy, because what scum would do anything to give themselves away in their first post. But what i do find strange though, is that he still has his only vote on himself. Did you just forget to unvote, or just don't care to not be very helpful to the town? FFB can you please explain? However i just did a quick skim through and it doesn't look like he has posted since the first page or two, so i don't guess i will actually be getting an explanation.
Ok, you start of using WIFOM. Scum could self-vote for reasons that people have already stated. I don't see it as scummy either but it doesn't make him guarenteed town. (not that you said he was but be careful of assumptions). Your good point in this is the fact that he hasn't been posting. I'm not sure how he hasn't been prodded or replaced yet (unless I missed it).
afatchic wrote:
other than that nobody has really stuck out. except of course for Light-kun.
so you are coming right in and are going to just look at the largest bandwagon?
afatchic wrote: This seems to me like it could possibly be the dumbest play of a person, if he is a townie. why would you want to be the center of attention?
Why should a townie care if they are the center of attention? Scum can play either way depending on playstyle. They either stay in the shadows or try to manipulate the entire game completely. A townie's job is to find scum regardless of where the attention is.
afatchic wrote: He seems to just be jumping from person to person pointing out little flaws they have made until he can get a few more people to agree and he can go with it.
aka scum hunting. Everyone needs to be looked at throughout the game. You find a scumtell, go after the person for it, watch their defense and finally decide whether or not you think they are scum. If you think they are, push for the lynch.

afatchic wrote: I may just have a different style of play or something. But for me unless i narrowed down to one person with maybe a slight idea about another person, i don't vote. so when i do vote i continue to focus on that person and see how they react, and then play off of that.
tunnel vision...
You can't just look at one person. You need to look at everyone. I don't think I agree with the LK wagon and I don't like the way you have just jumped on like this.
unvote

vote afat
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #169 (isolation #23) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:36 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Light-kun wrote:
Kmd4390 wrote:
Light-kun wrote: The replacements are pretty much void of suspicion/innocence because most of the replacements replaced players who never played. So, that is -3 (I think) other people.
Replacements are just as likely scum as anyone else..........
Obviously, but my point is that the replacements do not yet have anything posted by them or their predecessors, and thus, I have no reason to vote them...yet.
That is true but they aren't "void of suspicion".
afatchic wrote: when i said why i dont think scum would self vote. i didn't that there was no chance of it, i just meant that it would be strange. however from the first post alone you can't get a perfect read on anyone, which is nearly all that we are given from FFB.
Ok, when you said "what scum would do anything to give themselves away in their first post", it looked like you were saying FFB is probably town. Now it looks like you are saying that it is more townish than scummy but it doesn't look as much like you are completely commited to the idea of FFB being town. So basically, you seem to think he is probably town but not confirmed town. Is this right?
afatchic wrote: When i said that being the center of attention doesn't seem smart for a townie, i never said it meant he was scum, which it sounds like that is how you took it. it would be plain stupid to stay in the center of attention if you were scum. but i just don't find it very helpful to the town, if a townsperson was to stay under pressure the most. so pretty much, i think it is dumb either way to play to where nearly all the other players are constantly pressuring you. which does seem to some extent how his play has been.
You asked why a townie would want to be the center of attention. I said that a townie shouldn't care if the attention is on him/her. Only scum should care.
Your vote is on LK. Why are you emphasizing that so much of your case doesn't mean he is scum?
LK isn't going out trying to get votes. People find him scummy and are voting. That is what is making him the center of attention.
afatchic wrote: and i am not saying that he needs to play with tunnel vision.
You said
your
playstyle was to narrow it down to one person, focus on that person and see how they react. This part has nothing to do with LK. I was telling you that this playstyle will result in tunnel vision.
afatchic wrote: and no i didn't just come out and jump onto the largest bandwagon. i did what i believe every replacement should do, reread the game, and then put in your thoughts. i gave brief summaries of everything i found somewhat scummy. and since LK does have probably 1 out of every about 3 posts, obviously i am going to focus more on him.

i didn't at all bandwagon, i gave my reasons why i thought he was scummy, then i voted. when he proves to me that he isn't then i will remove my vote. but until then he is at the top of my list so he gets my vote. maybe if we had more participation from everyone and he wasn't the only one consistently playing then we could all get better reads on everyone.
You put up small observations on FFB (saying that he wasn't scummy for self-voting) and Sensfan (being defensive). After that, you look at LK (which I don't disagree with looking at anyone), vote for him, and say nothing about anyone else.

I agree that we need more participation in this game. (obviously)
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #170 (isolation #24) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:41 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

OverCaffeinated wrote: That being said, he is very excited about this game which usually means someone is either scum or has a power role.
Why would you talk about power roles?

afatchic wrote:OC i do agree with you that the way LK is playing is probably either a power role or mafia.
See above.

afatchic wrote:OC i do agree with you that the way LK is playing is probably either a power role or mafia. right now im not sure and it could go either way. he has made attempts at pressuring people, but i'm not sure if they seem like they had scum intentions to make them look bad and start a bandwagon, or if they were town intentions and just trying to get answers. His play right now seems to be all over the place and it is hard to get a read on him.

i believe that we should just continue pressuring him untiil we get some evidence that he isn't mafia. it would be a huge start to this game if we could eliminate one of the mafia in the first lynch. then on the other hand it would be a terrible mistake to lynch a power role the first day. i think we should continue to pressure unless someone else comes up acting a little scummy, and if it gets to an L-1 then maybe he should claim his role, since it does seem as if he has a power role.

what does everyone else think?
I
REALLY
[/i] don't like this post.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #176 (isolation #25) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:58 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

afatchic wrote:whats wrong with my post. all i was saying is that with how excited he seems about the game, up until i came it seems like since i don't think he has posted while i have been here, you would think he would have motives other than town behind that. what is the problem about mentioning power roles? im a little confused.
Power roles should never be talked about. That conversation ends now.
afatchic wrote: i honestly have no opinion about FFB. i don't think you can really get a great idea about someone in the first three posts they place. if he would come back or get replaced im sure i will have more thoughts about that character.
He has lurked quite a bit though.
afatchic wrote:
KMD what are you thoughts at this point in the game?
My major suspicions are you and omni. I, unlike most people, don't think that LK is scum. Everyone else is either lurking or I haven't seen much on them. We need more content in this game. It has picked up since it started but it still isn't where it should be.
sirdanilot wrote:Ugh... talking about power roles is
wrong
. It only helps the scum, and town can't be sure they're a power role anyway until they claim, and that's only a last resort. Just generally, usually you shouldn't mention power roles until endgame.

FoS afatchic
, I think that post is really scummy (the one that mentions power roles and stuff)
I agree 100% with this post. If you want to speculate on power roles, keep it to yourself until the game is over.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #181 (isolation #26) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:48 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

afatchic wrote: Kmd what are your suspicions about omni? what has he done that seems scummy to you? i can't get a very good read on him, so many of his posts are like one or two lines i am never sure what to think.
His bandwagon vote on kris and the way he backpedaled when I called him on it.
afatchic wrote: i have a lot of down time between classes at college. i really enjoy getting on and having new posts to read.
Joining more games might not be a bad idea. :wink:
someone2 wrote:
vote:afatchic
I see some one (no pun intended) wants to vote for scum.

the one that sticks out to me the most is just how he forgot his vote. why would anyone other than scum forget their vote?
Scum play more carefully and therefore would be
less
likely to forget their vote.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #192 (isolation #27) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:32 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

afatchic wrote:
and i somewhat agree and yet disagree with you at the same time. while i do believe that a normal scum would play more careful, i still believe they are more likely to be the ones to forget their votes. if a townie forgets their vote, they never should have had it there in the first place.

so what makes you feel certain that LK is pro-town?
If scum forget their vote, I'd expect that they would look it up so they don't get called out for it. A careless townie could get lazy and just say "I forgot my vote but...."

LK seems to be genuinely scum hunting and obviously is generating discussion. I just don't get a scum read on him.
sirdanilot wrote:
afatchic wrote:ok then let me reword the question. is the scummy post he made back in the first page or two your sole reason for still voting him?
No, he made a lot of scummy posts.

Why don't you read a one-player thread? If you don't know how, at the bottom of the thread you see a drop down list that says 'all players', select that and choose lightkun, then click 'go'. If that doesn't work, click here.
awesome. I always use this on my other mafia site and didn't know it was here. Thanks.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #198 (isolation #28) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:50 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

LK, where do you see this "flipping"? Point me in the direction because I don't see it and I can say this as some one who is suspicious of afat.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #203 (isolation #29) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:13 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

afatchic wrote: the reason i started saying they could be explained as town is because a few others were disagreeing with me about it
So after people attacked your case (most people think LK is scum btw), you tried to back off of it a little bit by saying that he could be town?
afatchic wrote: i don't actually think you would point out your scum buddy when answering that question. so that could help eliminate people to go after later in the game.
Scum will distance themselves from partners by using FoS and putting partners 2nd or 3rd on a LoS. If some one flips scum, you can't assume that some one is town just because the scum were suspicious of them.
afatchic wrote:what happened to FFB? the mod posted saying he would be active again starting the 29th. its now the 31st and haven't heard from them.
I'd like to know the same thing.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #211 (isolation #30) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:42 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

afatchic wrote:Kmd that not how i meant it. i just kind of stated it, assuming everyone would understand and agree the first time. but when they didn't i tried to explain my case. i was just stating that there would be a way of justifying it as careless town, but how i was seeing it as scum. i never intended to back off but instead further explain my reasoning. if it came off as i was trying to back off then i worded it wrong.

and i didn't think about them using that to their advantage. i just thought it would help the town by him pointing out people and then us being able to mark them off the list if he is scum.

KMD you say that most think he is scum, who do you personally think is?
Ok, so you can see both sides but are considering him scum? Is that correct?

I've already said that my only real suspicions are you and omni.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #212 (isolation #31) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:47 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Hito, the town winning is more important than you living. If you feel you have a case but feel it may get you lynched, post it. If you are town, we will look back and see your case after you die. Lying low is not a good playstyle.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #214 (isolation #32) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:55 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

So if you can see both sides, why are you so convinced that he is scum?
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #224 (isolation #33) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:05 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Light-kun wrote: Hito, my only real problem with your 207 post is that it indicates that you highly value being alive in this game. Granted, no one on either side WANTS to die, but scum would be more inclined to cling on to life than a townie. Minor FoS.
Agreed.
That being said....
Light-kun wrote: Second: "Why are did you single out Brandi and not FFB?"

FFB was supposedly going to return after the 29th, and by the time that rolled over, I had already focused on Brandi, but switching focus would have been viewed as "vote hopping."
Why do you care how you are viewed? If you saw FFB as suspicious, you should have spoken up. Why are you so leniant on FFB? You called out Brandi for lurking and also Omni earlier. You probably called out more lurkers but I can't recall any right now.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #226 (isolation #34) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:22 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

That is a major part of what I am saying. There is more to it though. He just called hito out for being desperate to stay alive and then immediately made a post about not wanting to be viewed a certain way. This is a HUGE contradiction.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #228 (isolation #35) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:46 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

This is true...
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #229 (isolation #36) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:46 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Maybe now is the time for some meta research on LK.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #231 (isolation #37) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:01 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Mini 618: LK was vanilla townie and while he did vote and unvote one player a lot, his vote didn't change much. He
did
speculate on power roles as a townie. And he
did
look like he was trying to please everyone.

Meta alone won't determine alignment but I have to say this looks like a similar playstyle to one he used as a townie in a previous game.

Afat, yes, he is at L-2. There is a vote count on the first page of the game.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #238 (isolation #38) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:14 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

afatchic wrote:even though its against me i don't like how omni's post 222.he seems to be lurking a bit. he hasn't posted in a while, and when he finally does its one line saying that i look suspicious, no quotes to back it up, nothing. looks suspicious to me. so it gets an FOS omni.
Agreed. Omni should have had some catching up to do.
sirdanilot wrote: Seriously I don't think meta clears him at all. I'm not sure if we have both a scum-LK as a town-LK meta? If we don't, I think metas lose a lot of their value.
I couldn't find an LK scum meta. This is why I am not basing much off of it.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #241 (isolation #39) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:54 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Light-kun wrote: Look, normally, I don't care how I look that much.But at L-2, any player would be a bit more wary of their posts and actions.
If you really think you are going to be lynched and you are really town, just do what you can to defend yourself and make sure we clearly know your thoughts on other players so we can use it later.
TheInvisibleCop wrote:My apologies regarding not having posted anything. I'm working on an analysis, but haven't had time to get beyond Page 2 yet. It will be done by tomorrow night at the latest.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #245 (isolation #40) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:07 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

afatchic wrote:oh and i forgot to put this in my last post about the bandwagon thing. i know it probably looks bad but i came in and voted for the scummiest player in my eyes. the number of votes he had made no difference to me. and you jumped on after i did, so im not so sure you can blame me for bandwagoning. but it would be nice to hear more from you.
You were 4th of 5 on the wagon. Yes, omni jumped on later than you did and I don't agree with omni's vote any more than yours. You replaced into the game and immediately jumped on.

afat, is LK your
only
suspicion in this game or are you suspicious of anyone else?
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #247 (isolation #41) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:42 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Ok, as long as you are at least looking at other players, that is good.

My LoS is:
1. afat
2. omni
3. FFB

You're right, OC promised us a post yesterday...
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #253 (isolation #42) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:58 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

LK, are you saying we are better off without the distraction of everyone looking at you later on in the game?
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #255 (isolation #43) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:33 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

A townie death can sometimes bring information.
I don't see that being the case right now.
If you are town, keep defending yourself.
Don't just take a lynch.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #260 (isolation #44) » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:36 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

IC, Good points on Drake.
The only thing that I don't like is reading so much into the joke votes.
The rest is solid though.

One thing though...
TheInvisibleCop wrote: Besides, there is still going to be two players, the scum, whose votes could very well not be random,
Why so sure that there are 2 scum. I would think that 3 is possible and yet you seem certain that there are 2.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #264 (isolation #45) » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:09 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

afatchic wrote:this is my first non-newbie game, so when i read that i just took it as fact, because the setup is always nine players and 2 mafia, with the possibility of power roles. however in a game of 12 people there def. does seem like there should be more than 2 scum or they would be at a disadvantage. i do agree though, how does he know there are two, i haven't seen a list of the setup anywhere.
This post sets up a possible excuse for IC to use.
TheInvisibleCop wrote: I didn't mean to seem "certain", it was an arbitrary number I picked that seemed reasonable. Besides, I mostly read Newbie Mafia games before playing this one, so I'm used to there being two Mafia, so that number made sense to me as a logical number of scum. There could very well be 3 Mafia.
Like this.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #267 (isolation #46) » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:38 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Mod, you said FFB promised to post before. He hasn't yet. Can we either find out why or get a replacement please?
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #275 (isolation #47) » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:44 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

afatchic wrote: KMD i don't think we have really heard from you lately, so what are you thoughts with all this?
I have been posting regularly.
Go back and read.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #287 (isolation #48) » Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:47 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

afatchic wrote: but anyways... so what do you think of someone2's post about SirD?
I agree that SirD is posting a lot about theory and asking for prods/replacements a lot.
I disagree with it being looked at in a negative way.
The theory discussions fit in where they were used and some activity wouldn't hurt in this game.

Sensfan, why are you not answering afat's question?
If you like LK for a lynch, why not tell us why?
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #300 (isolation #49) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:34 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

So you want LK lynched but refuse to provide reasoning.

Interesting.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #315 (isolation #50) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:23 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

sirdanilot wrote: The only exception is if there's a Jester in the game, but that is never the case in Mini Normals and one will always be notified beforehand if there's a jester.
On MS you always know there is a jester?!?!?
I've played 1, modded 1, and read 1, in 3 different places where there was a jester and nobody was informed.
afatchic wrote: im pretty sure an LK lynch at this moment is going to happen
Don't be so sure.
Sensfan isn't looking good.
He basically did a "here's my vote but I won't say why... HAHAHAHA" which is terrible for the town.
Also the fact that his vote went with most of the town just screams "Ok, I'm going to jump this bandwagon for no reason".
Never mind, his last post is much better

Sensfan, your arguement is this:
-not taking a side
fence-sitting eliminates this because it is the same thing

-wrong on theory
-self-vote
-lack of caring
combining this with uselessness as they are similar

-uselessness
-long posts without content
going to put this with uselessnessas well

-fence sitting
-admitting bad votes
-wagoning
correct?
I think a summarized case is easier to follow.

Let's see if I can shorten this. Using italics above to show what category I'm putting it in.
Remember, by shortening this, I am not doing anything against what you said. The above is my interpretation of your post so I am simply shortening it so it is easier to understand.

-fence sitting
-wrong on theory
-lack of caring/ uselessness/ lack of content
-admits bad votes
-wagoning

Sensfan, if I have anything wrong, please let me know. This is what I get out of your post on LK.

I'm going to say that this mostly looks mostly like indecisiveness to me. Everything here looks like he either won't take a side on anything for whatever reason or is just unsure what is going on.

Thoughts anyone?
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #317 (isolation #51) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:56 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

someone2 wrote: Post 2:Clicks two times on the post button!!!This inattention clearly indicates he is scum!(very bad!!!)
I hope this is a joke. (Remember that I, too, am suspicious of afat.)
someone2 wrote: Post 4: Agrees with LK. (Don't know what to think of that...)(neutral or bad)

Post 5: Defends LK (beginning of a connection there? too subjective for now to say)(neutral or bad)
Don't rule out the possibility of buddying up to town.
someone2 wrote: Post 0: Jumps automatically on the biggest wagon (LK's one) after having talked very lightly about some other aspects of the game.(bad)
I agree. (and made this same point earlier.)
someone2 wrote: Post 2: Contradicts everything he said in his post 0 to please Kmd(LK isn't so scummy after all)(very, very bad)
Again, I agree. Nobody should ever back off of a case just because some one disagrees with it.
someone2 wrote: Post 3: Power role talk, and gives the idea to vote for LK until he proves he isn't scum. Very scummy post(very bad)
Yep. All this does is hurt the town.
someone2 wrote: Post 7:Explains his vote on Lk, without anything really new of what others on the bandwagon stated before(neutral)
Don't forget that he backed off of this vote earlier when I attacked him.
Now that some time has passed, he is back to thinking LK is scum.
someone2 wrote: Post 12:Because I can't skip post 13 I'll take that one as the post thirteen and skip the post 12. Crappy reasoning (bad)
I don't understand what you are saying.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #318 (isolation #52) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:56 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Someone, good analysis overall.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #332 (isolation #53) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:16 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

someone2 wrote: Post 5: Defends LK (beginning of a connection there?
someone wrote:I didn't point out any of the three possibilities (scum-scum, scum-townie, or townie-townie). I think it's too early in the game to talk about connections
You said it could be a connection but then you say it's too early to talk about connections. You lost me with this one.
someone2 wrote: I'm just too superstitious to make tha analysis of the post thirteen. What if my computer explode while i'm writing it or if my roof fall on me? Don't listen to me, I'm just having fun in my head...
understandable.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #333 (isolation #54) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:18 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Light-kun wrote:
SensFan wrote:
afatchic wrote:so why couldn't you answer from the beginning?
Because we wouldn't have gotten all of these juicy reactions.
So far, you have failed to draw any conclusions or new information from your reaction. At least, you have been annoying as hell, and at most, you have delayed the game for some unknown reason. You gave a so called PBPA on me, but quite frankly, you firmly resulted that I am: indecisive, wrong on theory, and at one point, confused. All of these are true, but they are closer to amateur mistakes, not scum mistakes. And even then, you drew no conclusions from you PBPA. Sure, you voted me, but you haven't given reasons, you summarized what everyone knew, and withheld your reasoning for reactions, but that didn't do much.

Confirmvote: Sensfan
You are playing the newbie card now.
And you have managed to turn your pressure vote into basically an OMGUS vote.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #334 (isolation #55) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:24 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

SensFan wrote:
omni wrote:I'm always iffy about this search thing "oh here's a game where I did this so I MUST be town now too" I think it's just a really lame cover,
I think you are missing the point. Obviously, I might be Scum here. I was just pointing out that, for me, holding back information temporarily is not a scumtell.
Which means you could do it as scum and point to a game where you did it as town. That is the biggest flaw with meta.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #336 (isolation #56) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:03 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

The meta is null.
I am not saying that witholding information in the way that you did was a scumtell.
I didn't like it when I first saw it but...
You managed to make a bigger discussion of it, emphasize your case on LK, and actually have me agreeing with it. (I had been saying that I believed LK to be town before)

If you are town, this was a very good way to show your point.
If you are scum, this was a very persuasive move and while risky, seems to have worked in your favor(because I am leaning town on you now).

Personally, I like the move and may actually use it in the future regardless of alignment.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #342 (isolation #57) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:12 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

The claimed cop is your main suspect?!?!?
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #348 (isolation #58) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:43 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

afatchic wrote:
kmd- up until the claim LK was my top suspect. however he isn't anymore.
Ok, I misunderstood that.

SirdD, what is your case on afat?
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #354 (isolation #59) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:53 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

sirdanilot wrote: In my opinion, Afatchic seems like a solid lynch for day 1. But of course everyone should bring up their favorite candidate. We should start working towards a lynch now, and everyone needs to pick someone, and then we can work towards a majority.
I like my vote where it is.
afatchic wrote:
Vote: Someone2
OMGUS?
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #365 (isolation #60) » Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:52 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

So it comes down to being a bandwagon vote?
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #369 (isolation #61) » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:15 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

unvote afat
to avoid any accidental hammer.

I'll still vote afat when the time is right but accidental hammers do suck and I have seen a few.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #371 (isolation #62) » Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:47 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

sensfan, so much of what you do is coming off as anti-town. My gut is telling me town on you for some reason though. Your play is...interesting....

afat, you can try to defend against all of the other votes on you though.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #375 (isolation #63) » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:21 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

afatchic wrote:which are?
In reverse chronological order:
(Sorry, it's easiest for me.)
OverCaffeinated wrote: I find it difficult to distinguish between the chatter of a scum player verse someone that has a role.
In light of not having a counter claim to Light-kun's role claim, i'm voting for afatchic.

Vote: afatchic
obvious second choice but this looks like OC says you aren't contributing content.
Kmd4390 wrote:
afatchic wrote:
Vote: Someone2
OMGUS?
sirdanilot wrote: SirD's PBPA
someone2 wrote: PBPA.
Kmd4390 wrote:
You were 4th of 5 on the wagon. You replaced into the game and immediately jumped on.
translates to "wagoning"
Kmd4390 wrote:So if you can see both sides, why are you so convinced that he is scum?
translates to "forcing a case"
Kmd4390 wrote: So after people attacked your case (most people think LK is scum btw), you tried to back off of it a little bit by saying that he could be town?
translates to "backpedaling"
Light-kun wrote: PBPA
Light-kun wrote:
FoS: Afatchic

Look, pick a side. You cannot vote and be angry at me in one post, then flip to defending me, and then flip back, and then defend me... You just can't do it. Seriously, I *would* be concerned about your views and actually try to argue against them, but every other post, you flip.

At first, I thought: okay, maybe he is mulling it over in his mind about my response to his first (second?) post. But no, you are on the fence post and that is not helping town.
translates to flip-flopping, fence-sitting, indecisiveness, or whatever you want to call it.
someone2 wrote:
Uhm, going away for only three days won't get you replaced out, especially since the game is moving at a really slow pace (except for light-kun of course!)
Oops, sorry, I was talking about the monday in one week. Well, I think now everyone understand.

I really don't like afatchic posts. Like Kmd sais he jumped on the biggest bandwagon, but without any apparent reasons. All the reasons he stated, he refutated in his next post to defend himself.

"When i said that being the center of attention doesn't seem smart for a townie, i never said it meant he was scum, which it sounds like that is how you took it. it would be plain stupid to stay in the center of attention if you were scum. but i just don't find it very helpful to the town, if a townsperson was to stay under pressure the most. so pretty much, i think it is dumb either way to play to where nearly all the other players are constantly pressuring you. which does seem to some extent how his play has been. "

So you're saying that he can be both town or scum, because its dumb for all town or scum. Wow, that helps... And that is the main reason you're voting LK?
i believe that we should just continue pressuring him untiil we get some evidence that he isn't mafia. it would be a huge start to this game if we could eliminate one of the mafia in the first lynch. then on the other hand it would be a terrible mistake to lynch a power role the first day. i think we should continue to pressure unless someone else comes up acting a little scummy, and if it gets to an L-1 then maybe he should claim his role, since it does seem as if he has a power role.

That just screams scum. That's just a pretty easy way to get a hammer on a townie if you're scum.
and no i didn't just come out and jump onto the largest bandwagon. i did what i believe every replacement should do, reread the game, and then put in your thoughts. i gave brief summaries of everything i found somewhat scummy. and since LK does have probably 1 out of every about 3 posts, obviously i am going to focus more on him.

i didn't at all bandwagon, i gave my reasons why i thought he was scummy, then i voted. when he proves to me that he isn't then i will remove my vote. but until then he is at the top of my list so he gets my vote. maybe if we had more participation from everyone and he wasn't the only one consistently playing then we could all get better reads on everyone.
Hum...Hum...

1. What were these reasons (plural, like you said)
2. The post about the push on Lk wasn't an idea of bandwagon?

Oh, and you say it's bad to play with tunnel vision, but you want everyone to focus on lk until there's an EVIDENCE he's not scum. If it isn't tunnel vision tell me what it is. And sorry to upset you, we'll never have any total evidence on day1

There's so much contradictions between your aggressive posts and your defensive ones that I can hardly make a coherent post stating them all! It seems like you panicked at the first question of Kmd, and who are the ones who panick when under pressure...scum.

vote:afatchic
I'm running out of time before class but this post contains a vote so I'm sure there is a case there.
Kmd4390 wrote:
afatchic wrote:whats wrong with my post. all i was saying is that with how excited he seems about the game, up until i came it seems like since i don't think he has posted while i have been here, you would think he would have motives other than town behind that. what is the problem about mentioning power roles? im a little confused.
Power roles should never be talked about. That conversation ends now.
afatchic wrote: i honestly have no opinion about FFB. i don't think you can really get a great idea about someone in the first three posts they place. if he would come back or get replaced im sure i will have more thoughts about that character.
He has lurked quite a bit though.
afatchic wrote:
KMD what are you thoughts at this point in the game?
My major suspicions are you and omni. I, unlike most people, don't think that LK is scum. Everyone else is either lurking or I haven't seen much on them. We need more content in this game. It has picked up since it started but it still isn't where it should be.
wrong
. It only helps the scum, and town can't be sure they're a power role anyway until they claim, and that's only a last resort. Just generally, usually you shouldn't mention power roles until endgame.

FoS afatchic
, I think that post is really scummy (the one that mentions power roles and stuff)
I agree 100% with this post. If you want to speculate on power roles, keep it to yourself until the game is over.
I'm rushing but I see that you mentioned power roles somewhere.
wrong

FoS afatchic
power role speculation. SirD FoS'd for this.

See page 7 for my original case on you as well. I have to go to class...like....now...
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #379 (isolation #64) » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:02 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Light-kun wrote:Afatchic, I am pretty certain that KMD pointed out Someone2's case on you.
I pointed out everything I have seen stated about afat since page 8. My original case is on page 7 if you want to see that as well.
hitogoroshi wrote: And KMD, why the FoS for attacking someone attacking someone mentioning power roles? That seems stupidly hypocritical.
I wasn't FoSing SirD, I was pointing out that he FoS'd afat for mentioning power roles. Afat asked for cases against him so I provided everything I could find in reverse chronological order. I had to stop at page 8 because I had class. If anyone wants the rest, I can go get it. I don't think there is much more than my original case beyond this point however.

My vote will be back on afat after we get a vote count. I'm good with lynching afat, just not with an accidental hammer.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #388 (isolation #65) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:03 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

SensFan wrote:
I disagree. The goal of Day 1 is not to lynch Scum.
But obviously a scum lynch is better than a town lynch.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #390 (isolation #66) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:12 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

afat:

I'll let OC answer your first question.

wagoning- You DID wagon whether it was a good wagon or not. As town, you may have seen him as scummy but he was basically everyone's target. As scum, you know that he is town and you did speculate on him being a cop earlier. I believe you said either scum or power role. If you are scum, you know that he isn't scum so thinking that he is a power role, you push the lynch.

forcing the case- You wanted the lynch so badly that you look at scum points but you acknowledge the town points so that we can't argue it. It looks like "I think he is scum and needs to be lynched. I can see why you would think town though. Just lynch him."

flipping- Don't just call it stupid and discredit it. Tell us why it is stupid and why you don't think you flipped.

I'll let someone respond to your question as it is directed at him, not me.

How would pressuring a player to back up his case possibly be scummy? It was obviously the right move to make at that time.

You didn't respond to the following:
-your OMGUS vote
-the PBPAs
-backpedaling
-power role discussion
-This one is new but....not answering everything.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #393 (isolation #67) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:02 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

SensFan wrote:
Kmd4390 wrote:
SensFan wrote:
I disagree. The goal of Day 1 is not to lynch Scum.
But obviously a scum lynch is better than a town lynch.
Right, but hitting Scum is a nice side effect. I'd be much happier to lynch Town with a bunch of info, then lynch Scum and have very little info.
If afat is today's lynch, we want afat to be scum. I don't see the benefit of lynching town. If we do lynch town, yes, we get information to help us find scum but...
I would much rather lynch scum than town.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #395 (isolation #68) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:54 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Ok, that sounds better.
We obviously WANT to lynch scum but even a townie lynch can bring information.
Do you agree with this?
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #397 (isolation #69) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:48 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Well, this is distracting discussion so I think we have to agree to disagree on this point.

Still waiting for afat to respond.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #399 (isolation #70) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:22 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

This.
Kmd4390 wrote:afat:

I'll let OC answer your first question.

wagoning- You DID wagon whether it was a good wagon or not. As town, you may have seen him as scummy but he was basically everyone's target. As scum, you know that he is town and you did speculate on him being a cop earlier. I believe you said either scum or power role. If you are scum, you know that he isn't scum so thinking that he is a power role, you push the lynch.

forcing the case- You wanted the lynch so badly that you look at scum points but you acknowledge the town points so that we can't argue it. It looks like "I think he is scum and needs to be lynched. I can see why you would think town though. Just lynch him."

flipping- Don't just call it stupid and discredit it. Tell us why it is stupid and why you don't think you flipped.

I'll let someone respond to your question as it is directed at him, not me.

How would pressuring a player to back up his case possibly be scummy? It was obviously the right move to make at that time.

You didn't respond to the following:
-your OMGUS vote
-the PBPAs
-backpedaling
-power role discussion
-This one is new but....not answering everything.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #406 (isolation #71) » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:02 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

vote afat

L-1.
Anyone voting afat after me is hammer.
Don't try to call it accidental now.

anyway, afat.

show me examples of this flipping thing. Show me the case, why you disagree with it, and where I disagreed with it (I probably did).

I have read it 4 times and I don't see where you addressed the OMGUS vote.

You should at least address the parts of the PBPA that were mentioned. SirD has already said that he would be willing to provide the rest as well.

backpedaling is different from forcing cases. Backpedaling is basically saying something, getting called on it, and immediately saying "ok, I was wrong" when you may or may not agree yet. Forcing cases is taking things that are null or not a big deal at all and making a case with it.

No, you NEVER discuss power roles and we had this discussion already. I already said more than I wanted to (in case we have newb scum) so I'd rather not have the discussion again.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #409 (isolation #72) » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:13 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

unvote

afat, if you get a role like that in the future where it benefits you to know power roles, keep speculation to yourself. In thread, all you are doing is feeding the scum information.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #410 (isolation #73) » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:14 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Actually...

vote afat

Now that I think about it, I don't believe the claim.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #411 (isolation #74) » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:43 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Who wants to hammer?
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #413 (isolation #75) » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:10 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Not sure on LK either way. Afat, I don't believe.

Hito, are you going to hammer?
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #414 (isolation #76) » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:17 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Thinking afat claimed doc in order to cover up power role speculation.

Sorry about posting so much here.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #421 (isolation #77) » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:48 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Well, nobody is going to lynch afat yet.
unvote

Let me know if you all change your mind.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #422 (isolation #78) » Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:50 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

I still think Afat is lying scum but nobody wants that lynch and I can see why.
omni wrote:Brandi - My vote was 90% random, 10% serious
These usually come from scum. It's an excuse to say "yes, I was joking but now there is serious stuff so I'm keeping my vote and not saying if it's serious or joke."
I did this in my first game as scum and ended up lynched day 1. (with some busing involved)
omni wrote:So my two posts and two lines of commentary are worse than inquisitors one post with one line, that's an interesting view you have there.
Redirecting attention. "Look at inquisitor not ME!!!"
omni wrote:KrisReizer may need some explaining too for just following Light-Kun with no real explanation there

having said that it's clear that post 42 was very scummy, at the least loose reasoning.

FoS - Light-Kun
So you see something scummy and keep your "90% random" vote on and FoS?
What?
I'm lost.
Now why would you go and FoS some one scummy and keep a joke vote on?
omni wrote:I concur with this notion of needing to bring people back to activeness, so having said that, Krisreiser was very active at the start but not so much now, hopefully this will coax him out

unvote, vote: KrisReiser
This is the bandwagon vote that caught my attention in the first place. This was 2 posts after I voted kris for the exact same reasoning.
omni wrote:
unvote

Of all the inactives he seemed like the most suspicious he posted so much at the start and then died off. I was thinking about going for one of the others though and perhaps should have.
This is what shows me that it was not a pressure vote.
You thought kris was the most suspicious (but your reasoning was just mine reworded) and you backpedal by saying you should have gone after some one else. This is one of the scummiest of your posts in this game. There is no reason for town to do something just because it's what everyone wants.
omni wrote:but LK your original vote for me was because of inactivity
Hold on.
Did you not vote Kris for inactivity earlier?
Yes, I believe I quoted that.
I have no problem with voting for inactivity but...
you are going after LK for doing something that YOU DID EARLIER.
I don't agree with the reasoning in the first place but wow...
It's only scummy when he does it? Very interesting.
omni wrote:I must say afatchic has been a bit suspicious on here since arriving, but not really enough for me to change my opinion about L-K
"If nobody likes my LK vote, I'll change it to afat"
Distancing from your partner here?
omni wrote:
Certainly, but first my lack of posting, I don't use many words, I'm in a dammed if I do dammed if I don't scenario, because of the timezone issues 99% of what I am going to say has already been said, I don't much want to jump on here and say "I agree with x, y & z" because that'll look bad, as will not posting, I'm kind of caught between a rock and a hard place but I am here and am watching, the reason for the short post was the reponse to a prod, not because of your saying that I was lurking, you looked suspicious because as soon as you got into the game you immediately jumped on the biggest bandwagon (in a nutshell)

As for L-K - this latest development has really intensified it, like you guys say he's a huge people pleaser but I think most of all his sole basis for suspecting people is how much they post, it seems to me he never looks at content but rather looks at non-content and even then he still gets it wrong. He's not interested in anything other than defending himself and deflecting the attention onto others (eg. Brandii)
So you would rather not post at all than tell us what you agree or disagree with and maybe add some new thoughts?
And then you call out LK for looking at how much people post?
"I'm not going to post much and I don't want LK pointing it out either."
omni wrote:Thanks heaps for that cop, it really is a useful look, really raised my suspicions about FFB, you've really analysed it all well. Like afatchic though I must say LK is the most scummy but we need to hear more from others.
Buddying up to cop and at the same time, you now have FFB to go after if the LK wagon fails. Of course you could go to afat too because you said so earlier.
omni wrote:What you did in previous games means nothing, it's a pretty terrible tactic either way, if you won't share why it's not very helpful is it?

fos: SensFan
Now you are suspicious of Sensfan too!
Wait, didn't you accuse LK of flipping earlier too?
Let me go back and find that.
omni wrote: You seem to be hopping around a heck of a lot, looking for really flimsy reasons to vote for people, it really doesn't make a lot of sense to me how you are playing it seems very odd for town
vote: Light-Kun
Here it is.
That was what you voted over.
"hopping around a heck of a lot."
At the point of the last post I quoted, you have voted for LK and posted suspicion on sensfan, ffb, and afat.
You are hopping too...just not with votes....because nobody notices that.....or DO they?
omni wrote:L-K is always very quick to just deflect, to jump on any bandwagon he can and I think he's still scummier than anyone else in this game, now I could turn out to be wrong, and that's the good thing about seeing others as potential scum and then figuring out where I went wrong, which is why it's good to get an analysis from other players throughout the game.
Now here it is again. LK is "jumps on any bandwagon he can" but you may be wrong about him so after you get him mislynched, you can say "I was wrong, but look who else I said was suspicious." You have a few others to choose from. Who looks like the easiest target....
omni wrote:Where's the cop claim SD I can't see it? It is late and I am tired though.

to answer that 3 most suspicious question:
Light-kun
Sensfan - just been odd play, I don't know if I'm convinced that you are but it's been interesting to see you not really want to help the town and try and mess everyone around
afatchic - There's been the wagoning thing there a long with just throwing a lot of stuff around - having said that at L-2 I'd want to be much more sure

Sorry I can't see the cop claim, can someone point it out to me?
Your top suspicion claimed cop and won't be lynched today. Ok, where's your list of small suspicion? There's afat, gotta throw the scum buddy on but at the bottom so you can distance yourself if he is lynched but you aren't pushing for it.
omni wrote:OK first up I'll
unvote
and I'll take back my bad vibes on Sensfan, very helpful thoughtlines and ideas I really like it, still sucks that we're beack to square one.
Damn, can't vote Sensfan, now what?

So for those who don't read long posts, here is my case on omni, the short version:

-in between joke/serious vote (I did this as first time scum)
-redirected attention early on
-bandwagoning kris with nothing new, just my reasoning. I also pointed out why this probably wasn't a pressure vote.
-backpedaling: "I should have gone after some one else.
-accusing LK of doing the same thing he (Omni) did with inactivity vote. (not necessarily bad to vote for inactivity anyway).Also did this with the hopping thing.
-distancing (afat)
-giving multiple targets in case LK wagon fails. (will be interesting to see where Omni goes from here) Afat's name was at the bottom of his list. Keep that in mind later in the game.
-buddying up to cop (name, not role)

While I still think afat is scum, I'm ok with
voting omni
right now.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #429 (isolation #79) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:45 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

omni wrote: As for my repeating things, it's hard when everyone says 300 things while I'm asleep or not online, I'm damned if I do damned if I don't.
But it is still nice to know your opinions on the game.
omni wrote: As for buddying up with Cop, I completely missed the cop call anyway and I was hardly buddying up with L-K given I was voting for him most of the game.
Didn't mean LK. Meant InvisibleCop.
omni wrote: Interesting that afat is so happy to say she is just wagoning.
Yep...
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #432 (isolation #80) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:57 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

His last post was 11 days ago...
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #436 (isolation #81) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:20 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Sensfan, do you have any suspicions at this point?
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #438 (isolation #82) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:26 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

I agree about afat but no one seems to like that lynch...
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #440 (isolation #83) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:36 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Ok, so who do you want to lynch today?
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #443 (isolation #84) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:39 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

That would work but only because no one will lynch afat. (which I understand with the doc claim)
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #451 (isolation #85) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:40 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

afat is scum but I'm ok with waiting on that one.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #458 (isolation #86) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:55 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Playstyle is one of the worst defenses out there...

"well, I play like this all the time so I must be town."

Or you are doing it as scum this time.

It can go either way.

Hito, contribution from everyone is the best way for the town to win.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #460 (isolation #87) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:29 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

My point was that playstyle is not a good defense because 1.)playstyles change over time and 2.)the same playstyle can be used regardless of alignment.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #464 (isolation #88) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:21 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Electra wrote: As far as I can tell, the only reason people don't want to lynch afat is that they think that other people don't want to lynch afat. Which is just silly reasoning.
The doc claim is the only reason most people aren't voting afat. Myself and maybe 1 or 2 others are voting elsewhere because nobody will vote afat which I understand the reasoning behind.
Electra wrote: A doc claim is far too convenient. It's an amazingly easy scum claim because it's an important role but there's practically no way to prove it. Also, afat wasn't playing like a doctor. I would have believed a townie claim, maybe. Maybe not. At any rate, it was afat and sirdanilot who struck me as most likely to be scum, and scum together, however, I am more sure about afat after the claim.
Yes, it's very convenient. LK already took the cop claim so where else do you go as scum about to be lynched? Claim another power role. What is next most common? doc. As you say, it's important and hard to prove one way or the other. Why do you see SirD as scum?
Electra wrote: By the way, does anyone else keep getting this from the site:
I get it all the time. It's very annoying, especially in middle of a huge post because you usually can't get back on for a little while when it comes up.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #467 (isolation #89) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:07 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

I've seen townie claims not get lynched.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #468 (isolation #90) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:10 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

SensFan, this has to do with something you said earlier.
Please answer honestly.
Would you rather lynch sure scum right now or take a chance on some one who is probably scum and net the sure scum later?
Anyone else can answer too but SensFan said something earlier that I've been thinking about.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #471 (isolation #91) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:31 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

SensFan wrote:
Kmd4390 wrote:I've seen townie claims not get lynched.
A Townie claim, in a Mini Normal, by DEFINITION does not help your case at all. Claims are a last-chance to save yourself. Therefore, a good Town should always lynch someone that claims Townie when being run up.
But if you actually ARE a townie, you claim townie because lying as town is never a good thing.

Regarding your next post,
unvote, vote afat

I was thinking that we go after omni now and if he is scum we are in great shape. If he is town, it's day 1, it doesn't hurt us too badly.
Day 2, lynch afat and get us either the second scum or put us on the right track after a day 1 mislynch.

I still think omni could be scum and should be looked at day 2 but afat IS scum who is lying about his role.

I will do my best during night 1, not saying specifically what I will do for obvious reasons, but remember my case on omni. Don't forget it. I will probably repost the bullet points before the hammer just to show my case again.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #474 (isolation #92) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:37 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

afatchic wrote:do you seriously want to lynch the doc? FOS KMD
No, that's why I'm voting you. Self-voting would be stupid.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #475 (isolation #93) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:39 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Sensfan,
I am the doctor; therefore, afat is lying about the doc claim.

better?
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #478 (isolation #94) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:52 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

SensFan wrote:
Unvote, Vote: afat

afat is getting lynched today, no questions asked. If he flips Doc, Kmd hangs tomorrow.
Sounds good. I doubt very seriously that 2 docs are in the game.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #482 (isolation #95) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:42 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

LK, I was going to take the chance on Omni first and see if we could get 2 scum out of it.

The more I thought about that, the less it made sense.
I mean, we have sure scum who nobody was going to lynch without the counter so it only made sense to counter it. Especially after SirD asked electra for a counter and Sensfan made the comment about only voting after a counter.

I have never finished a game as doc so I am new to this. I almost made the mistake of letting a fakeclaim go unnoticed for a day.

I just ask that nobody forgets about omni.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #483 (isolation #96) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:45 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Is that L-1 btw?
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #487 (isolation #97) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:02 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Ok, I thought someone had unvoted.
Well, as promised, here was my post on omni earlier.
Kmd4390 wrote:
-bandwagoning kris with nothing new, just my reasoning. I also pointed out why this probably wasn't a pressure vote.
-accusing LK of doing the same thing he (Omni) did with inactivity vote. (not necessarily bad to vote for inactivity anyway).Also did this with the hopping thing.
-distancing (afat)
-giving multiple targets in case LK wagon fails. (will be interesting to see where Omni goes from here) Afat's name was at the bottom of his list. Keep that in mind later in the game.

voting omni
right now.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1435 (isolation #98) » Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:24 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Kmd4390 wrote:Sensfan,
I am the doctor; therefore, afat is lying about the doc claim.

better?
Kmd4390 wrote:Ok, I thought someone had unvoted.
Well, as promised, here was my post on omni earlier.
Kmd4390 wrote:
-distancing (afat)

voting omni
right now.
Thanks guys.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1438 (isolation #99) » Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:51 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

afatchic wrote:Haha, KMD def. was on too us. i was pretty sure we would lose, but i think KMD ended up being a paranoid doc, killing the cop. GG guys.
Actually there were 2 docs who protected the same person and killed him. My PM hinted at it, but I didn't catch on. I was a newb when this game started remember.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1440 (isolation #100) » Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:07 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

[jas] wrote:
You have studied for half a decade to be allowed to carry around your satchel bag of drugs which can mean the difference between life and death.
Thankfully for the town your motives in administering these drugs are always good, you're trained to save lives after all.
However even your powers have limits, medical association guidelines state that to prevent abuse you are not allowed to self-administer any medication and that to prevent overdosing your patients you cannot administer drugs to the same person on two consecutive nights.

You are a
Doctor
Each night pm both
[jas]
and
clammy
the name of the person you wish to protect.
You cannot protect yourself, you cannot the same person on consecutive nights.
Further information about your role is available here: wiki link.
You win with the town when all non-town factions are dead.
Please confirm by PM when you receive and understand this, feel free to ask me any questions you may have too.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1442 (isolation #101) » Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:16 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Adel wrote:bah, that wasn't much of a hint. There is no way I could've figured that out until after the night flavor was posted. Hopefully both doctors targeted him on the same night. If he died by being targeted by different doctors on consecutive nights... I don't like that.
He died on Night 1. The same night I died. [jas] told me via PM after I asked why LK was killed that the overdoes part was supposed to hint at a double doc protection.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1443 (isolation #102) » Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:16 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Kmd4390 wrote:
Adel wrote:bah, that wasn't much of a hint. There is no way I could've figured that out until after the night flavor was posted. Hopefully both doctors targeted him on the same night. If he died by being targeted by different doctors on consecutive nights... I don't like that.
He died on Night 1. The same night I died. [jas] told me via PM after I asked why LK was killed that the
overdose
part was supposed to hint at a double doc protection.
Typo fix'd.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”