Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:22 pm

Post by SensFan »

Holy shit.

Not done rereading yet, but
Vote: Sirdanilot

(If you
aren't
the guy I know from PR several years ago, I apologize...)
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:11 pm

Post by Light-kun »

Huh?

Why are you voting SirD?
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:54 pm

Post by SensFan »

Light-kun wrote:Why are you voting SirD?
TTRPG PvP TO.

Shiny Cubone?
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:27 pm

Post by sirdanilot »

What the hell SC, you are voting me because you know me from some other forum? Or is this your way of random voting? Newsflash: we're out of the random voting stage, you don't get a random vote.

unvote, vote Sensfan, FoS light-kun

Alright, the following is out-of-game chat: I just remember now, Light-kun, weren't you one of the ttrpg mods there as well?
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:39 am

Post by SensFan »

sirdanilot wrote:
Brandi wrote:Whats wrong with it, really? =P
Voting for yourself beats the purpose of the random voting phase. Since there is absolutely no information to start with in this game, people tend to just randomly vote each other to get the ball rolling.

FFB (I'll abbreviate him like that from now on!) voted himself. Voting yourself does not give the town any information at all. Voting yourself is just plain useless, ie. not helpful to the town, ie. anti town, ie. scum.

If it helps, imagine everyone voting for their selves in the random voting phase as opposed to how a normal random voting phase goes. What gives more information?
I like this post.
KrisReizer wrote:
sirdanilot wrote:
Brandi wrote:Whats wrong with it, really? =P
Voting for yourself beats the purpose of the random voting phase. Since there is absolutely no information to start with in this game, people tend to just randomly vote each other to get the ball rolling.

FFB (I'll abbreviate him like that from now on!) voted himself. Voting yourself does not give the town any information at all. Voting yourself is just plain useless, ie. not helpful to the town, ie. anti town, ie. scum.

If it helps, imagine everyone voting for their selves in the random voting phase as opposed to how a normal random voting phase goes. What gives more information?
The answer to your question is neither. That's why they're called random votes. Whether you vote for yourself or someone else, it's entirely meaningless. For example: if I were scum, the fact that I voted for Kmd could mean I'm town because I'm voting, or scum because I'm voting, only I have ulterior motives. Either way, it's impossible to tell from the random vote. WIFOM, mate.

Furthermore, just because a vote for oneself is anti-town in one scenario, in this case the one in which everyone does so, has no bearing on whether or not that vote would be anti-town in any other scenario. That's what the scholars call a Simulation Heuristic

Granted, this doesn't make that much difference, but it's a way to get the discussion going.
This post fails.
sirdanilot wrote:
Light-kun wrote:Hm, I see no problems voting for yourself. To be honest, I never got much out of opening game. Except from amateurs to the game entirely, who usually have a lucky first guess...

XDDD

Anyway, I have no change of base, but I do find SirD's actions slightly strange... His vote was entirely based off a self vote, but so early.... hm...

I dunno, just gonna wait on his response.
So you 'never got much out of an opening game'. Then, how do all games start? With a random voting phase. And at some point they turn into the real day one. I am not going to repeat my rant that explains why self voting is wrong, it's been quoted several times so you can read it again yourself.

'Vote entirely based off a self vote' - then what should my vote be based off? Did you think before you typed this?

Quite honestly it looks like you're only entering this discussion to look town and look involved. It looks like you just started typing away, actually.
FoS Lightkun
Another gem by sirdan. Seriously, it looks like he and I see the early phase the exact same way, and its mildly freaky.
FlyingFoxBat wrote:
OverCaffeinated wrote:Basically a vote for yourself doesn't tell us anything which in turn doesn't help the town win.
I completely random vote for another person is not exactly helpful, either.
Additionally, as Sirdanilot said, random voting is to help get the ball rolling. Voting my self was certainly as helpful as giving the game a kick-start, as we can see by the conversation. Had I randomly voted for another player, it is entirely possible that the game would be stalling right now, due to the fact that had I random voted somebody else instead of myself, this conversation would not be happening, and possibly no conversation would have been.
Stop trying to call acting Scummy a good thing, since it "started conversation". Seriously, thats bullshit.

Oh, and that first sentence is as wrong as they get.
Brandi wrote:
L-K wrote:Intelligence IS a sign of scum, but only if it is intelligent that only scum players (and mod) could possibly know.
WRONG

SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE
is
sometimes
a sign of scum. But definitely
not
intelligence. The mafia are not the only ones who are capable of knowing things that the rest of the town do not. Cops and Doctors, for example, have night actions which can be used to retrieve helpful information for the rest of the town.
L-K wrote:If I were scum, I would roll dice, and disguise it with some crap reason.
I'll be sure to take note of that next game I'm in with you. ;P Really though, saying "Oh if I were scum I'd do this..." really doesn't mean anything at all. BTW, if you roll a dice to random vote, the DICE
IS
the reason for the vote.
No one but Scum has any form of outside knowledge, since this was a Day start.
Anyone who makes a random vote actually random (like with dice) should be lynched.
Kmd4390 wrote:
someone2 wrote: Maybe, we don't know, Light-Kun had another reason for this self-vote ( I find it quite strange, cause it's the first time I see someone self-voting, and now there's two self-votes in the three first pages of the game...)we're not in his head, but if this was a scummy action, Light Kun would have had to find an answer, and that's a situation where scum can easily slip.
How would it benefit scum to self-vote and then one minute later unvote and vote for some one else?
It lets him avoid doing the one thing that is most incriminating as Scum.
Brandi wrote:Also Light-kun, if you don't like being corrected, maybe this isn't a game for you, you seem to be really over defensive when it comes to someone telling you that you are wrong. Obviously the things I am stating are not trivial for you, since you seem to be vastly unaware of the things I am pointed out. If you WERE aware, you wouldn't have gotten that which I pointed out wrong in the first place.
FOS: L-K
For just being way too over defensive. Seems like paranoid/aggressive mafia tactics to me.
Utter brilliance.
Light-kun wrote:EBWOP:

In case my above post confuses mod:
Unvote
Just use quote tags.
OverCaffeinated wrote:We need to force these players to post and stop lurking.

Unvote:

Vote: Inquisitor JL
Pretty sure a quick meta showed at this point that Inquisitor JL was gone from the site. What purpose does voting him serve?
sirdanilot wrote:
Light-kun wrote:*Laughs so hard it actually hurts.*
Okay, I am officially doing too much at once.

No, I pretty much admitted that I am an absolute and total moron. *Laughs again*
I mentally crossed someone's vote for me in another game into your FoS post. Forget not reading, it was just plain lack of being absolutely thorough to the point of being anal. *SLAMS HEAD INTO DESK*

On the other hand, you have moved way up on my town list for your reaction play. (Too bad I can't be this convincing intentionally....)

Okay, Back to Square One as they say. (And no, I totally won't hold it against anyone who finger of suspicions me for the sheer stupidity of my play.)

ANYWAY, I don't thing the prodded people have poked back in, so.... suspicious, unless they are killaseven players, in which case lynching them is fine. (Killaseven lurked like this in a completed game, flipped scum at the end, which I suspected...so I am uberly skeptical.)

What else...
Well, Someone2 my answer is still above. And finally, sorry to anyone who read above post. It is really not necessary to read it except for history. (Subtract opinions against Omni though, which were apparently completely unfounded.)

*Second, stronger apology. SORRY for being a complete and total douche*
Uhm, when I saw this post I planned to torn it up in little bits and explain why they were scummy, because this entire post is just so scummy. 'I did something wrong im an idiot OLOL0LZ XDDDDDDDDD!!!111 but its all good now RIGHT??11'

Then, I figured I don't want to waste my life on mafia and I have other things to do, so I hope you'll believe me on my word that posts like these aren't helping you at all. It'd be better if you would start actually contributing to this game.

If it helps, just imagine the length of this very post when I would quote every little scummy bit and post a comment of two lines about it.
Another amazing post.
Light-kun wrote:As I said, I have no objections as to finding my suspicious since my play has been absolute shit, so why did you even think that I thought my post indicated anything to the effect of:

"OMG, I'm an idiot. Just clear me, kay, thanks!"

No. I made a mistake, and you judge with it what you will. And I can't do anything (as far as your opinions go) except resume the game with anything that this huge, space wasting ordeal gave me in information. *Hm...*

Well, let me look at people individually:

Brandi -Very standoffish, conservative play.
omni -Acted naturally to my rather unfounded accusation. Looking at it objectively now, his rebuttal is considerably townie behavior.
Inquisitor JL - 1 post, thus unknown.
sirdanilot - Due to the whole...ordeal, SirD looked fairly town/mafia. He looks town as a concerned citizen for my mental insanity that led me to idiotically attack a villager, OR he is a mafia using this as an ample time to make someone seem guilty and seem pro town while doing it. (Circular, yes, I know. But to note, it slightly seems [perhaps personal bias?] he is the town defending omni.)
OverCaffeinated -I dunno. He seems to be a bit of a comic player. No read yet.
dalt54321 - 1 post, thus unknown.
FlyingFoxBat - At this point, it is page four. It has been page four for 5 days. About now the self vote seems a little strange... I may look more into him.
hitogoroshi - I *KNOW* he said something that I found interesting; however, I have no idea what it said. I am going to look more into his posts in context.
someone2 - Closer to town.
Light-kun - Moron. <--- Yes, me.
Kmd4390 - Seems more town in his defense of my self vote. Decently helpful to town, in my opinion.
KrisReizer - Kriz followed my opinions without challenging them much. I will look into him. But, it is really late (EARLY) here. So:

List for review:
Kriz
hitogoroshi
Flyingfoxbat
Post again tomorrow...sometime.
This post is pretty much all bull.
SensFan wrote:I'm here.

Unvote
, will post at some point.
Wow, this guy is clearly absolutely amazing at this. Listen to him.
Light-kun wrote:Aweh, the poor people who just joined have to suffer though pages 2-4.... poor, poor fools... they will never know what the f*ck is going on...lol.

Anyway, I am back from a two days of no posting, pretty much the Sir's orders.

Okay, quick look:
Omni: Still looking more town than not, and I feel that Kmd's case was a bit twitchy....

KMD: I liked his idea, but attacking Omni for an obvious pressure vote.... bothers me... maybe KMD isn't experienced enough to know the majors pros of having a pressure vote.

All people being replaced-nulled.

No read on Sirdinalot.

Hito- A tad passive for my taste.... yeah....

OC- I get a town vibe.

No read on Someone2.

Brandi- I get scum vibes. I really really don't like her play. seems evasive somehow.

Vote Brandi
More bull.
sirdanilot wrote:What the hell SC, you are voting me because you know me from some other forum? Or is this your way of random voting? Newsflash: we're out of the random voting stage, you don't get a random vote.

unvote, vote Sensfan, FoS light-kun

Alright, the following is out-of-game chat: I just remember now, Light-kun, weren't you one of the ttrpg mods there as well?
I get a random vote when playing with someone I knew well from another forum years ago.

Oh, and its S
F
now. Trust me, its better no one else knows what I went by at teh Realmz.

---

Ok, so
Unvote, Vote: Light-kun
. He's Scum, plain and simple.
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:29 am

Post by sirdanilot »

To be honest it seems like you're trying to please me with those opinions.

You didn't back up your opinions, I don't like that.

I am going to put my vote back on Light-Kun, since I'd like to see him act under pressure, but you'll get a FoS.

unvote vote lightkun, FoS SensFan
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:50 am

Post by SensFan »

Wait, what? I said I agreed with a few of your posts, but there are definatively a lot of my own thoughts in there, especially as they concern the posts of your about the random stage (which are the main ones I agreed with).
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:56 am

Post by sirdanilot »

SensFan wrote:Wait, what? I said I agreed with a few of your posts, but there are definatively a lot of my own thoughts in there, especially as they concern the posts of your about the random stage (which are the main ones I agreed with).
That's okay, but it just gives me that impression.

Now, I hope the rest of the players start becoming more active too.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:27 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

omni wrote:The unvote was because the player doesn't exist anymore, like I said the player was very active at the start and then went inactive, that's pretty scummy to me, but turns out he had his own reasons and has been removed so that's why there's an unvote.
But when you unvoted, it was after I called out your bandwagon vote and you said something along the lines of "maybe I should have voted some one else".
SensFan wrote:
Kmd4390 wrote: How would it benefit scum to self-vote and then one minute later unvote and vote for some one else?
which is...?
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:33 am

Post by SensFan »

Kmd4390 wrote:
SensFan wrote:
Kmd4390 wrote: How would it benefit scum to self-vote and then one minute later unvote and vote for some one else?
which is...?
'Random' voting.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:35 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

It was past the random stage when LK self voted.
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:37 am

Post by clammy »

Vote Count the Fifth

FlyingFoxBat (2) - FlyingFoxBat, drake_259
Light-kun (2) - SensFan, Sirdanilot
KrisReizer (1) - Brandi
omni (1) - Kmd4390
SensFan (1) - OverCaffeinated
Brandi (1) - Light-kun

Not Voting: KrisReizer, hitogoroshi, someone2, omni

With
alive it's
to lynch!
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:39 am

Post by SensFan »

Sorry, thought you were referring to the other self-vote.

The fact that you meant the self-vote outside the Random stage makes it all the more incriminating. The only people who should ever self-vote are Scum.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:32 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

It was accidental though. If you look back, it was fixed
one minute
later.

I'm not sure how that happens accidentally but that seems to be the case.
drake_259
drake_259
Townie
drake_259
Townie
Townie

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:01 am

Post by drake_259 »

clammy wrote:
Vote Count the Fifth

FlyingFoxBat (2) - FlyingFoxBat, drake_259
Light-kun (2) - SensFan, Sirdanilot
KrisReizer (1) - Brandi
omni (1) - Kmd4390
SensFan (1) - OverCaffeinated
Brandi (1) - Light-kun

Not Voting: KrisReizer, hitogoroshi, someone2, omni

With
alive it's
to lynch!
I haven't voted for anyone yet
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:03 am

Post by SensFan »

Kmd4390 wrote:It was accidental though. If you look back, it was fixed
one minute
later.

If it is so meaningless, than why the Hell are you making such a big deal about it?

FoS: Kmd#
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:21 am

Post by sirdanilot »

Drake, your predecessor voted and the vote carried over, so if you don't suspect FFB you should unvote him. Or you can see how he has voted himself (and still has his vote there) and decide whether that's scummy or not, your pick.

I'd also like to see a read of the game from you, drake.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:24 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

drake_259 wrote:
I haven't voted for anyone yet
You replaced into the game. Whoever you replaced voted.
SensFan wrote:
Kmd4390 wrote:It was accidental though. If you look back, it was fixed
one minute
later.

If it is so meaningless, than why the Hell are you making such a big deal about it?

FoS: Kmd#
I'm not making a big deal about it. You said it was more incriminating. I responded by saying it was accidental and not incriminating.
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:26 pm

Post by clammy »

Drake, you inherited your recorded vote from dalt54321 from this post.

You will be required to
unvote
if you wish not to be voting.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:54 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

May not be able to post until Monday night.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:08 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Whoa, geez, I missed the vote in L-K's post 114 until Sens quoted it. That's...buh...what? Where the hell did that come from? "Her play seems kind of evasive" is a reason to vote? When I said in post 93-
But, as I said, you seem to be extremely jumpy, and using a lot of words to talk about a little suspicion. So if you're townie, slow down so the town can talk about other things and get more evidence down. If you're scum, by all means, continue leaping around and suspecting people for no reason.
-I didn't think you'd continue leaping around and suspecting people for no reason. You have to be the ballsiest scum I've ever seen. But, uh...town would have no reason to do that. So you've shot yourself in the foot here.

Vote: Light-kun
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
drake_259
drake_259
Townie
drake_259
Townie
Townie

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:45 pm

Post by drake_259 »

sirdanilot wrote:Drake, your predecessor voted and the vote carried over, so if you don't suspect FFB you should unvote him. Or you can see how he has voted himself (and still has his vote there) and decide whether that's scummy or not, your pick.

I'd also like to see a read of the game from you, drake.
Okay, but i'll do it on monday since i haven't got much time too give my thoughts yet.

and
Unvote:
before im voting anyone i want to give a bit more time in working out who could be mafia
omni
omni
Townie
omni
Townie
Townie

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:57 am

Post by omni »

Just a warning that I may be struggling to get online till about Thursday this week, I will be doing what I can though.
"You lift my battered soul you mend my broken wings together" - I Fell Away - Brave Saint Saturn
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:31 am

Post by SensFan »

drake_259 wrote:in working out who could be mafia
Well, let's see...only {everybody}...
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:02 am

Post by sirdanilot »

SensFan wrote:
drake_259 wrote:in working out who could be mafia
Well, let's see...only {everybody}...
Touché.