Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:35 am

Post by Light-kun »

hitogoroshi wrote:Whoa, geez, I missed the vote in L-K's post 114 until Sens quoted it. That's...buh...what? Where the hell did that come from? "Her play seems kind of evasive" is a reason to vote? When I said in post 93-
But, as I said, you seem to be extremely jumpy, and using a lot of words to talk about a little suspicion. So if you're townie, slow down so the town can talk about other things and get more evidence down. If you're scum, by all means, continue leaping around and suspecting people for no reason.
-I didn't think you'd continue leaping around and suspecting people for no reason. You have to be the ballsiest scum I've ever seen. But, uh...town would have no reason to do that. So you've shot yourself in the foot here.

Vote: Light-kun
I am not jumping around, I am still waiting on a response from Brandi, but thank you for pushing my lynch meter up to 43%. To respond, however, I am simply playing as though I had never suspected Omni. The entire ordeal (since I am town, Omni looks town, and SirD looks town) is pretty null on who is scum of the remaining 9 players. The replacements are pretty much void of suspicion/innocence because most of the replacements replaced players who never played. So, that is -3 (I think) other people. Of the remaining six, there is nothing particularly scummy except Brandi's lack of meaningful post. So, I have moved my vote to her and it will remain there until she responds or until someone does something that screams scum.

@Sensfan: Fantastic that you have your "own" opinions, and you think that my posts are complete and utter "bull." But, how about giving reasons as to why they're bull and then I can tell you why they're wrong. And don't give me any BS that the reason is obvious. If you want to have a vote on me, fine, but more reason than "Your posts are bull" should to be given. And oh yeah, "He is obvs scum" is not a reason either.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:46 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Light-kun wrote: Of the remaining six, there is nothing particularly scummy except Brandi's lack of meaningful post. So, I have moved my vote to her and it will remain there until she responds or until someone does something that screams scum.

@Sensfan: Fantastic that you have your "own" opinions, and you think that my posts are complete and utter "bull." But, how about giving reasons as to why they're bull and then I can tell you why they're wrong. And don't give me any BS that the reason is obvious. If you want to have a vote on me, fine, but more reason than "Your posts are bull" should to be given. And oh yeah, "He is obvs scum" is not a reason either.
Why does he need more reason to vote you than you need to vote Brandi?
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
omni
omni
Townie
omni
Townie
Townie

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:52 pm

Post by omni »

It is interesting that you're doing the same thing with Brandii that you did for me and landed yourself in hot water for I really don't get you man.
"You lift my battered soul you mend my broken wings together" - I Fell Away - Brave Saint Saturn
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:16 am

Post by Light-kun »

omni wrote:It is interesting that you're doing the same thing with Brandii that you did for me and landed yourself in hot water for I really don't get you man.
No, with you, I thought you had voted me, and thus lied, when you never voted me, and thus never lied. So, your vote based off of my own stupidity, my vote on Brandi is there because she has only posted once in the past three (or four) pages. And in that post, she says that she is sorry for posting less actively than normal. Before that, she FoS's me for the sole reason that I seem defensive to her in an argument that is pretty much irrelevant to the game. And in that same area, she has three other posts that just seem like a couple of scatter brained EBWOPS. So far, she hasn't played so much as she has commented on game theory.
afatchic
afatchic
Mafia Scum
afatchic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:02 pm

Post by afatchic »

hey everyone... I'm the new replacement for Kris. I just read the whole thing through, so my mind is kind of going all over the place right now.

As i started reading I thought it was wierd that FFB self-voted, however i didn't think it was too scummy, because what scum would do anything to give themselves away in their first post. But what i do find strange though, is that he still has his only vote on himself. Did you just forget to unvote, or just don't care to not be very helpful to the town? FFB can you please explain? However i just did a quick skim through and it doesn't look like he has posted since the first page or two, so i don't guess i will actually be getting an explanation.

Sensfan seemed to have gotten a little bit defensive when Sird questioned him saying that it seemed like he was only trying to please him. but other than that he is new and we haven't heard much from him but i will watch him closely.

other than that nobody has really stuck out. except of course for Light-kun. This seems to me like it could possibly be the dumbest play of a person, if he is a townie. why would you want to be the center of attention? and i haven't really seen him post very much good information. His posts are extremely long, yet are never full of much content, and i got confused just reading through half of them what he was trying to say. He seems to just be jumping from person to person pointing out little flaws they have made until he can get a few more people to agree and he can go with it.

However what i find strangest about him is the fact that he forgot his vote. I may just have a different style of play or something. But for me unless i narrowed down to one person with maybe a slight idea about another person, i don't vote. so when i do vote i continue to focus on that person and see how they react, and then play off of that. Not only does he not pay attention to the person he voted for to see how they react, he doesn't even know who he voted for. that seems to me like it is yelling scum.

so in conclusion
VOTE: Light-kun.
until he explains to me that he is not scum.
Show
Now taking sign ups:
The Fast and the Furious Mafia (Mini Theme)(11 spots left)

Upcoming Games:
The Bible Experience Mafia (Mini Theme)

Crazy Cops Mafia (Open Game)

Pre-In's are welcome for any of them.
[jas]
[jas]
Goon
[jas]
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:36 pm

Post by [jas] »

Um, yes, someone didn't read the role PM that said "PM me to confirm".

But yes, afatchic replaces KrisReizer, effective an hour and a half ago apparently.
[/jas]
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:06 pm

Post by Light-kun »

Are you just the dumbest playing town aligned person ever?
Obviously, yeah. I have pretty much been an idiot.
why would you want to be the center of attention?
I am in a lost of more active games, but this is due to a deadline. This is my first non deadlined game, and thus, I seem to be really active, and consequently, the center of attention.

Why are your post long and meaningless?
They don't seem long, but they lack content probably because of the general inactiveness of a great majority of players.

Why are you bouncing around so quickly from person to person to find little flaws and get people to bandwagon with you?
What? I have put two people under the microscope (I think that is Omni then Brandi) and seeing as how I haven't really cared if other people voted with me, bugger off.

"However what i find strangest about him is the fact that he forgot his vote."
What? I couldn't make this into a question because I dunno what you are talking about exactly... could be two or three things.

Why are you so liberal with your vote?
Playstyle difference? I don't have a real reason....

when i do vote i continue to focus on that person and see how they react, and then play off of that. Why do you vote hop?

O.O
I think I kept my vote on Omni and recently switched to Brandi, but I could be wrong.

Not only do you not pay attention to the person you voted for to see how they react, you don't even know who you voted for. that seems to me like you are yelling "scum!" Response?

What kind of horrible scum sided player would ever, EVER do something so stupid and simple minded as that? Sure a townie would be an idiot for doing it (raises hand) but that isn't yelling scum! (Though this is option is NOT excluded.) it says, "HEY! I'm an idiot regardless of my alignment. Yeah! YOU! VOTE ME AND LYNCH ME UP HIGH!!!" Not necessarily scum.... is my point here.

And I do par attention to the person, I just transposed a vote cast on me in another game to Omni. Sorry, I fucked up.

Now, I turned your two paragraphs, best I could, into questions and answered them (as I best as I am able) So, what else you want to ask me? (And if I have inadequately answered, please ask me again... Question form appreciated.)
afatchic
afatchic
Mafia Scum
afatchic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:30 pm

Post by afatchic »

i do agree that there isn't much to talk about because there is a lack of participation it seems like.

and i was referring to post number 65 when i said how could you forget your vote. the only person who wouldn't remember their vote that much is scum, because whoever they accuse they already know is not scum.
Show
Now taking sign ups:

Upcoming Games:

omni
omni
Townie
omni
Townie
Townie

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:32 pm

Post by omni »

but LK your original vote for me was because of inactivity, which didn't really go well for you at all.

You seem to be hopping around a heck of a lot, looking for really flimsy reasons to vote for people, it really doesn't make a lot of sense to me how you are playing it seems very odd for town

vote: Light-Kun
"You lift my battered soul you mend my broken wings together" - I Fell Away - Brave Saint Saturn
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:57 am

Post by sirdanilot »

mod, could we get a votecount
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:45 am

Post by clammy »

Vote Count the Sixth

Light-kun (5) - SensFan, Sirdanilot, hitogoroshi, afatchic, omni
FlyingFoxBat (1) - FlyingFoxBat
afatchic (1) - Brandi
omni (1) - Kmd4390
SensFan (1) - OverCaffeinated
Brandi (1) - Light-kun

Not Voting: someone2, drake_259

With
alive it's
to lynch!
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:23 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Light-kun wrote: The replacements are pretty much void of suspicion/innocence because most of the replacements replaced players who never played. So, that is -3 (I think) other people.
Replacements are just as likely scum as anyone else..........
afatchic wrote: As i started reading I thought it was wierd that FFB self-voted, however i didn't think it was too scummy, because what scum would do anything to give themselves away in their first post. But what i do find strange though, is that he still has his only vote on himself. Did you just forget to unvote, or just don't care to not be very helpful to the town? FFB can you please explain? However i just did a quick skim through and it doesn't look like he has posted since the first page or two, so i don't guess i will actually be getting an explanation.
Ok, you start of using WIFOM. Scum could self-vote for reasons that people have already stated. I don't see it as scummy either but it doesn't make him guarenteed town. (not that you said he was but be careful of assumptions). Your good point in this is the fact that he hasn't been posting. I'm not sure how he hasn't been prodded or replaced yet (unless I missed it).
afatchic wrote:
other than that nobody has really stuck out. except of course for Light-kun.
so you are coming right in and are going to just look at the largest bandwagon?
afatchic wrote: This seems to me like it could possibly be the dumbest play of a person, if he is a townie. why would you want to be the center of attention?
Why should a townie care if they are the center of attention? Scum can play either way depending on playstyle. They either stay in the shadows or try to manipulate the entire game completely. A townie's job is to find scum regardless of where the attention is.
afatchic wrote: He seems to just be jumping from person to person pointing out little flaws they have made until he can get a few more people to agree and he can go with it.
aka scum hunting. Everyone needs to be looked at throughout the game. You find a scumtell, go after the person for it, watch their defense and finally decide whether or not you think they are scum. If you think they are, push for the lynch.

afatchic wrote: I may just have a different style of play or something. But for me unless i narrowed down to one person with maybe a slight idea about another person, i don't vote. so when i do vote i continue to focus on that person and see how they react, and then play off of that.
tunnel vision...
You can't just look at one person. You need to look at everyone. I don't think I agree with the LK wagon and I don't like the way you have just jumped on like this.
unvote

vote afat
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:04 pm

Post by Light-kun »

Kmd4390 wrote:
Light-kun wrote: The replacements are pretty much void of suspicion/innocence because most of the replacements replaced players who never played. So, that is -3 (I think) other people.
Obviously, but my point is that the replacements do not yet have anything posted by them or their predecessors, and thus, I have no reason to vote them...yet.
afatchic
afatchic
Mafia Scum
afatchic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:23 pm

Post by afatchic »

KMD you seem to be taking a couple of things i said the wrong way.

when i said why i dont think scum would self vote. i didn't that there was no chance of it, i just meant that it would be strange. however from the first post alone you can't get a perfect read on anyone, which is nearly all that we are given from FFB.

When i said that being the center of attention doesn't seem smart for a townie, i never said it meant he was scum, which it sounds like that is how you took it. it would be plain stupid to stay in the center of attention if you were scum. but i just don't find it very helpful to the town, if a townsperson was to stay under pressure the most. so pretty much, i think it is dumb either way to play to where nearly all the other players are constantly pressuring you. which does seem to some extent how his play has been.

and i am not saying that he needs to play with tunnel vision, i was just saying that you would think you would pay attention to how they react to your vote. that doesn't mean you ignore everyone else, you just give them a little bit more attention as they explain themselves. but when you can't even remember your vote, doesn't that seem just a bit strange?

and no i didn't just come out and jump onto the largest bandwagon. i did what i believe every replacement should do, reread the game, and then put in your thoughts. i gave brief summaries of everything i found somewhat scummy. and since LK does have probably 1 out of every about 3 posts, obviously i am going to focus more on him.

i didn't at all bandwagon, i gave my reasons why i thought he was scummy, then i voted. when he proves to me that he isn't then i will remove my vote. but until then he is at the top of my list so he gets my vote. maybe if we had more participation from everyone and he wasn't the only one consistently playing then we could all get better reads on everyone.

i hope that cleared somethings up for you. if not just ask and i will be glad to explain.
Show
Now taking sign ups:

Upcoming Games:

OverCaffeinated
OverCaffeinated
Townie
OverCaffeinated
Townie
Townie

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:31 am

Post by OverCaffeinated »

Light-kun wrote:Obviously, but my point is that the replacements do not yet have anything posted by them or their predecessors, and thus, I have no reason to vote them...yet.
You should be voting for people to get them to talk. You are basically telling the scum that lurking is an effective way to hide and not get voted on by you.

Speaking of which...

unvote

Vote: FlyingFoxBat

Haven't heard from him in quite a while.
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:55 am

Post by sirdanilot »

OC, what's your opinion about LK, and the way some people reacted to him?

mod
: Please prod Brandi and FlyingFoxBat, this game needs to start getting active.
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:44 am

Post by Brandi »

Woosh! Im here, catching up. Sorry :U
OverCaffeinated
OverCaffeinated
Townie
OverCaffeinated
Townie
Townie

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:50 am

Post by OverCaffeinated »

sirdanilot wrote:OC, what's your opinion about LK, and the way some people reacted to him?
Generally speaking, a lot of talking is good for us and bad for the scum.

That being said, he is very excited about this game which usually means someone is either scum or has a power role. I really haven't got a good feeling for which.

As for how others are reacting to him, I think it's good to put pressure on players to see how they react. In this case it seems to have gone too far as it has turned into a bit of a witch hunt. But then again, this is mafia and it usually does.
afatchic
afatchic
Mafia Scum
afatchic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:13 am

Post by afatchic »

OC i do agree with you that the way LK is playing is probably either a power role or mafia. right now im not sure and it could go either way. he has made attempts at pressuring people, but i'm not sure if they seem like they had scum intentions to make them look bad and start a bandwagon, or if they were town intentions and just trying to get answers. His play right now seems to be all over the place and it is hard to get a read on him.

i believe that we should just continue pressuring him untiil we get some evidence that he isn't mafia. it would be a huge start to this game if we could eliminate one of the mafia in the first lynch. then on the other hand it would be a terrible mistake to lynch a power role the first day. i think we should continue to pressure unless someone else comes up acting a little scummy, and if it gets to an L-1 then maybe he should claim his role, since it does seem as if he has a power role.

what does everyone else think?
Show
Now taking sign ups:

Upcoming Games:

Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:36 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Light-kun wrote:
Kmd4390 wrote:
Obviously, but my point is that the replacements do not yet have anything posted by them or their predecessors, and thus, I have no reason to vote them...yet.
That is true but they aren't "void of suspicion".
afatchic wrote: when i said why i dont think scum would self vote. i didn't that there was no chance of it, i just meant that it would be strange. however from the first post alone you can't get a perfect read on anyone, which is nearly all that we are given from FFB.
Ok, when you said "what scum would do anything to give themselves away in their first post", it looked like you were saying FFB is probably town. Now it looks like you are saying that it is more townish than scummy but it doesn't look as much like you are completely commited to the idea of FFB being town. So basically, you seem to think he is probably town but not confirmed town. Is this right?
afatchic wrote: When i said that being the center of attention doesn't seem smart for a townie, i never said it meant he was scum, which it sounds like that is how you took it. it would be plain stupid to stay in the center of attention if you were scum. but i just don't find it very helpful to the town, if a townsperson was to stay under pressure the most. so pretty much, i think it is dumb either way to play to where nearly all the other players are constantly pressuring you. which does seem to some extent how his play has been.
You asked why a townie would want to be the center of attention. I said that a townie shouldn't care if the attention is on him/her. Only scum should care.
Your vote is on LK. Why are you emphasizing that so much of your case doesn't mean he is scum?
LK isn't going out trying to get votes. People find him scummy and are voting. That is what is making him the center of attention.
afatchic wrote: and i am not saying that he needs to play with tunnel vision.
You said
your
playstyle was to narrow it down to one person, focus on that person and see how they react. This part has nothing to do with LK. I was telling you that this playstyle will result in tunnel vision.
afatchic wrote: and no i didn't just come out and jump onto the largest bandwagon. i did what i believe every replacement should do, reread the game, and then put in your thoughts. i gave brief summaries of everything i found somewhat scummy. and since LK does have probably 1 out of every about 3 posts, obviously i am going to focus more on him.

i didn't at all bandwagon, i gave my reasons why i thought he was scummy, then i voted. when he proves to me that he isn't then i will remove my vote. but until then he is at the top of my list so he gets my vote. maybe if we had more participation from everyone and he wasn't the only one consistently playing then we could all get better reads on everyone.
You put up small observations on FFB (saying that he wasn't scummy for self-voting) and Sensfan (being defensive). After that, you look at LK (which I don't disagree with looking at anyone), vote for him, and say nothing about anyone else.

I agree that we need more participation in this game. (obviously)
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:41 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

OverCaffeinated wrote: That being said, he is very excited about this game which usually means someone is either scum or has a power role.
Why would you talk about power roles?

afatchic wrote:OC i do agree with you that the way LK is playing is probably either a power role or mafia.
See above.

afatchic wrote:OC i do agree with you that the way LK is playing is probably either a power role or mafia. right now im not sure and it could go either way. he has made attempts at pressuring people, but i'm not sure if they seem like they had scum intentions to make them look bad and start a bandwagon, or if they were town intentions and just trying to get answers. His play right now seems to be all over the place and it is hard to get a read on him.

i believe that we should just continue pressuring him untiil we get some evidence that he isn't mafia. it would be a huge start to this game if we could eliminate one of the mafia in the first lynch. then on the other hand it would be a terrible mistake to lynch a power role the first day. i think we should continue to pressure unless someone else comes up acting a little scummy, and if it gets to an L-1 then maybe he should claim his role, since it does seem as if he has a power role.

what does everyone else think?
I
REALLY
[/i] don't like this post.
someone2
someone2
Goon
someone2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:08 pm

Post by someone2 »

I'm back, will try to post something tomorrow
Show
Hi!

Win as:
town:0/3
scum:0/0

Not very good heh?
afatchic
afatchic
Mafia Scum
afatchic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:53 pm

Post by afatchic »

whats wrong with my post. all i was saying is that with how excited he seems about the game, up until i came it seems like since i don't think he has posted while i have been here, you would think he would have motives other than town behind that. what is the problem about mentioning power roles? im a little confused.

i honestly have no opinion about FFB. i don't think you can really get a great idea about someone in the first three posts they place. if he would come back or get replaced im sure i will have more thoughts about that character.

and i wasn't saying in my post that everything is scum or town. i was just pointing out that it would seem strange for town to play like that. obviously that doesn't mean he is scum, but it does give me more of a scum vibe.

sorry i misunderstood the tunnel vision thing.

and i didn't mean to just single them three out, its just that FFB did something i thought was strange, however he has 3 or 4 posts so i can't exactly elaborate too much on that. and i believe sensfan came just before i did so i didn't have a whole lot to post on him. and it has been a while since we have heard from him, so i would like to hear his thoughts and ideas thus far.

the people i left out i either wasn't sure about, or seem to give a pro-town vibe. KMD, you seem to be pretty much pro-town so far, ask a lot of questions and seem real helpful. Omni seems pretty much pro-town, he had that little back and forth thing with LK but that was because LK didn't know what he was talking about at the time. other than that he seems to have been somewhat helpful.

i dont have a read good idea about brandi, someone2, OC, FFB and whoever else i am missing. it would be real helpful if we could hear more from you guys.

KMD what are you thoughts at this point in the game?
Show
Now taking sign ups:

Upcoming Games:

Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:26 pm

Post by Light-kun »

Okay, so the five (or at least four of) the people voting me are active. Then two other people may be active, and I am pretty much active player of the year, so yeah... missing a good five (four?) people there...

Brandi has posted a promise to catch up, thus my vote will remain on her until then. *Waits for return.*

kmd stole my thoughts while reading so:

caught up and posting my lack of thought here...
afatchic
afatchic
Mafia Scum
afatchic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:30 pm

Post by afatchic »

LK- KMD stole what thoughts of yours? can you elaborate for us. and yeah i agree we need more participation. and what happened your playing has drastically changed?
Show
Now taking sign ups:

Upcoming Games:

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”