Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:24 pm

Post by Light-kun »

Omni, it is too early in the game to be trusting anyone, isn't it?

I am not recalling anything from the Inquisitor or Dalt. I will do a read through tomorrow.
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:53 pm

Post by Light-kun »

Yup, I was right.

First post:
Dalt random votes Omni.
Second post:
Dalt changes vote to Fox without reason.
(In hindsight, I apologize to Omni. I thought you weren't saying much, wow...)

Inquisitor JL
One post: Votes Omni.

FoS Inquisitor and Dalt

Mod(s) please prod both Inquisitor and Dalt

Despite all the conversation, I admit that in the non lurker group that I am not getting any scum reads. I feel that SirD is potential town sided. Omni's reaction was kind of null for me. Who else.

Brandi still feels a bit evasive in my opinion. (BTW, yes, I am childish and hate to lose. On this, you are absolutely correct.)

Back to SirD: Post 49:

1. "It's really easy for scum to say there's little value in the random voting stage, as it allows them to do anything they so please." ~SirD 49

What? My personal opinions have absolutely nothing to do with other people's perception of the RVS. Thus, this argument is greatly flawed.

2. "And, you 'don't like' my attack? That's pretty easy, to not like your attacker. This seems like, uhm what's it called... OMGUS! :roll:" ~SirD 49

Not Omgus, I simply don't like being attacked for someone reading too much into my words. *Shrugs* What do you want me to say. (I don't like the idea of "OMGUS" actually. Especially in this context, because I didn't vote you for your attack. Just commenting that I don't like it. Never said it made you scum, etc.)

3. "OC explained why random voting is very useful early on, and that voting a lot in general is helpful. Are you saying that the random voting stage is useless?" ~SirD 49

I answered this. But to remind you of my answer since I vaguely touched on it in my giant post, which btw you would do well to read fully, here is another answer:

The RVS is, in my opinion, useless in all points except for the fact that it starts conversation. The votes themselves seem to be rather unimportant and meaningless. My vote is usually because I thought someone was funny or because someone referenced me in their post. (IE, Death Note.)
My point is, the RVS, for me, serves no purpose. I don't really care if anyone else's theory contradicts me because it is all utterly WIFOM.

4. "Also, it's Wigglytuff." ~SirD 49

I know, I spelled it both ways. The first was a typo. Stupid pink singing creature.

5. "For future reference? This really looks like you're keeping all options open, which is pretty scummy to me. Also, you didn't mention
why
you find it scummy." ~Sird 49

No, I simply don't trust anyone at this point in the game. Honestly, who can you trust in the first few pages? In this game, I plan on assuming everyone is scum until I can break it down to a few targets. Inevitably, I am sure my back work on people. As a side note: I don't take notes on the game, but whenever I write something that looks both trivial and meaningless, I am writing out thoughts for me to consider later, so I recall what I was thinking at that point in the game.

6. "Oh wow, and there comes the 'accidental' self-vote. Quite frankly, I don't know what you were trying to do with that, but I am not completely convinced that was accidental.

Really Lightkun, I don't know what you're trying to do with this post, but I think it's scummy as hell, even without that 'accidental' self-vote.

unvote vote lightkun
" ~SirD

This whole part right here: yeah, this... well, let me try.
*Closes eyes, tries to consider, be reason, be logical....*
BAH! I am sorry, just can't quite give a damn what you make of an accidental self vote.

All and all though, I am feeling SirD to be more town than not, but this is just my feeling. (This is a very insignificant amount of slightly town, but I am just stating for future reference.)
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:55 pm

Post by Light-kun »

EBWOP:

In case my above post confuses mod:
Unvote
omni
omni
Townie
omni
Townie
Townie

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:11 pm

Post by omni »

Thanks for the apology L-K, I'm not removing my vote however, you did just target me with basically no basis and then drew people onto your bandwagon, I'm not convinced about you yet.
"You lift my battered soul you mend my broken wings together" - I Fell Away - Brave Saint Saturn
clammy
clammy
Mafia Scum
clammy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:32 am

Post by clammy »

Inquisitor JL and Dalt54321 have been prodded as per request.

General post-rate increase would be appreciated.

clammy & [jas].
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:17 am

Post by Light-kun »

[quote="omni"]Thanks for the apology L-K, I'm not removing my vote however, you did just target me with basically no basis and then drew people onto your bandwagon, I'm not convinced about you yet.[/quote]

See? This is eratic. You took off a vote on me, for the reasons stated above, as a random vote. However, you are claiming to leave it on for these reasons. Just noting the slight contradiction here. On a second note, I did not apologize because I wanted the vote removed. Finally, it is not scummy to bandwagon someone for the intent or elicting a response.
OverCaffeinated
OverCaffeinated
Townie
OverCaffeinated
Townie
Townie

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:43 am

Post by OverCaffeinated »

We need to force these players to post and stop lurking.

Unvote:

Vote: Inquisitor JL
omni
omni
Townie
omni
Townie
Townie

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:23 am

Post by omni »

Light-kun wrote:
omni wrote:Thanks for the apology L-K, I'm not removing my vote however, you did just target me with basically no basis and then drew people onto your bandwagon, I'm not convinced about you yet.
See? This is eratic. You took off a vote on me, for the reasons stated above, as a random vote. However, you are claiming to leave it on for these reasons. Just noting the slight contradiction here. On a second note, I did not apologize because I wanted the vote removed. Finally, it is not scummy to bandwagon someone for the intent or elicting a response.
First up - I didn't actually have my first vote for you so I don't believe I ever DID take a vote away from you.

What IS scummy is that you vote for someone wanting to get them to be "active" when there are people less active than them, that's what was scummy about it, and then bringing people to your bandwagon and having them help you and you helping them that's the scummy thing.

As usual you have failed to read and are just targeting me.
"You lift my battered soul you mend my broken wings together" - I Fell Away - Brave Saint Saturn
someone2
someone2
Goon
someone2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:31 am

Post by someone2 »

unvote

I think that since my vote on him, Kmd is posting much more content, so I assume he wasn't posting much because he hadn't anything to say. Secondly, on my reread, I've seen that KrisReizer defended much more Light-Kun than Kmd, so I think my accusations don't stand anymore.
someone2 wrote:
Maybe, we don't know, Light-Kun had another reason for this self-vote ( I find it quite strange, cause it's the first time I see someone self-voting, and now there's two self-votes in the three first pages of the game...)we're not in his head, but if this was a scummy action, Light Kun would have had to find an answer, and that's a situation where scum can easily slip.

How would it benefit scum to self-vote and then one minute later unvote and vote for some one else?
That's exactly what I find strange: why did he corrected himself one minute after? He would have corrected himself the next time he would have posted, cause normally when you finish posting you don't see your message, you close the window or go directly to another game...If he had an idea in his head then it would fit better. I don't know, maybe it's a sign between buddies(cause three times in the same game is just very strange), but I may just be paranoid. I'll ask the question just to be sure. Light-Kun, how did you realize that you had self-voted you instead of voting Omni?
Show
Hi!

Win as:
town:0/3
scum:0/0

Not very good heh?
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:54 pm

Post by Light-kun »

@ Someone2: You know when you quick reply and it has those two links and you can either go back to forum or read your own message. I read my own message. And I don't rush off because I have been prone, in large posts, to make an error, so I reread. (This includes after previewing post as I keep adding things after previewing it and I don't preview again.)

Post 10: Omni vote SirD (Random)
Post 20: Light votes OC (Random)
Post 28: Light states self votes in opening are not annoying. Claims opening games have no meaning for him.
Post 29: Omni says something about his random vote being 10% serious.
Post 30: Light receives Wag of the Finger from SirD.
Post 42: Light makes a post about Omni’s lack of post. (This was decided by who’s avatar I saw the least, and non avatars are really not sticking out in memory when I do an overview scan.) Accidental Self Vote.
Post 47: !!Omni defends lack of posts by pointing out someone else’s lack of post. (Valid)
“As for the lack of commenting, I just don't see much to comment on in this random voting phase and I'm just naturally a man of few words, but since we appear to be out of that phase I'll be commenting a lot more.” Um, yay?
Post 56: Someone declares RVS over? (Who gave him authority!?) >.<
Post 61:
omni wrote:
KrisReizer wrote:
Kmd4390 wrote:The N is for New York. It is a Yankees logo. If you don't know that, I am offended.
Oh, hush. It was just a joke.
omni wrote:So my two posts and two lines of commentary are worse than inquisitors one post with one line, that's an interesting view you have there.

So I'm intregued why I was the one singled out by all this unless It isfor you knowing that he is scummy as well so you'll just target me as a result.

As for the lack of commenting, I just don't see much to comment on in this random voting phase and I'm just naturally a man of few words, but since we appear to be out of that phase I'll be commenting a lot more.
Well, there's a general view that lurkers are scum because they don't help the town. It seems misguided to me, hence why I didn't think it a good idea to jump on your bandwagon so quickly. But, now that we've got you posting, things should go a little differently.
But that's my point I'm not even close to the most inactive, that's why it's so intreguing that Light-kun, with you as his cronie have it in for me I just don't understand that at all, it's so odd that I've been targeted there, why was my 'inactivity' (even though I've posted almost every day) worse than people who I don't think have posted yet if I'm scum they'd have to be all the more so on that theory. You haven't 'got me posting' I was always posting, you've just given me reasons to write essays in my posts rather than jokes, because there's not really a great deal to comment on in the random phase.

oh and
unvote
Quoted for effect...Oh, wait, WHAT? Did you just unvote me as though I were your RVS vote? Didn’t you just say you DIDN’T DO THAT?!?!?

Post 64: Long ass statement, nothing too important for this conversation, except that I criticized the above post, and reviewed his posts (That he made during my absence, since he accused me of claiming him lurker, but posts proved that impossible. [Yes, his is a flawed argument since half of his posts were made between two of my posts.])

Post 65: I unvote.

Post 67: Makes crap argument about post (see end of commentary on 64). Questions my questioning his unvote, and then offers to revote me. Sorry, I am getting lost in what seemed like an okay statement the first time. But in review, you are making less sense to me.

Post 72: Oh, I love this post. Seriously, FIVE POSTS LATER WITHOUT ONE OF MY POSTS GOING BETWEEN THEM: Something about confused by my play. Claims I accuse everyone (No, just him while note taking on everyone) and then I “took heat off myself” and the people I haven’t touched are not scum. Wow, you are just assuming I am a stupid enough scum to not put pressure on my partners. Anyway, he reiterates lack of being convinced (from what, my lack of a post response to 67?) And he votes me.

Post 76: Claim it is too early to trust anyone, goes to investigate *real* lurkers.

Post 77: Read the damn case and point/prod on lurkers.

Post 78: Unvoted to wait for opinions.

Post 79: Accepts apology (what the-f#ck ever) Claims I drew people into a bandwagon (is it my fault some players lack self reliance and mindlessly follow others?) And then says he isn’t convinced of me yet... whatever that means...

Post 80: I note that he unvoted me (see above), but defends continuing to vote me in post 79 for the reasons he votes me in post 47, which he unvoted (usually indicating that the person sees the argument is no longer valid.)

Post 83:
omni wrote:
Light-kun wrote:
omni wrote:Thanks for the apology L-K, I'm not removing my vote however, you did just target me with basically no basis and then drew people onto your bandwagon, I'm not convinced about you yet.
First up - I didn't actually have my first vote for you so I don't believe I ever DID take a vote away from you.

What IS scummy is that you vote for someone wanting to get them to be "active" when there are people less active than them, that's what was scummy about it, and then bringing people to your bandwagon and having them help you and you helping them that's the scummy thing.

As usual you have failed to read and are just targeting me.
First up: I pretty much just proved myself right....
Second: I have answered this. I am a raccoon, and the icon is shiny. (Seriously though, I missed the one avatar, and the other person did have one, much like a few other people who posted more frequently.)
Third: YOU DARE ACCUSE ME OF NOT READING? You haven’t even paid attention to your own actions, and you have been erratic all game.
omni
omni
Townie
omni
Townie
Townie

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:09 pm

Post by omni »

Light-kun wrote: Post 10: Omni vote SirD (Random)
omni wrote: oh and
unvote
Quoted for effect...Oh, wait, WHAT? Did you just unvote me as though I were your RVS vote? Didn’t you just say you DIDN’T DO THAT?!?!?
Why yes I DID just say that I didn't do that - Because I DIDN'T DO THAT

Your own post SAYS I didn't unvote you, I unvoted SirD not you, so yea I do accuse you of not reading, you don't read, you contradict yourself and you just write lengthy posts to try and lose your own contradictions in your posts, so you can accuse me of being erratic all you want, but you're contradicting yourself in your own posts.

And it looks like you've admitted you have it in for me? Is that because you know I'm not scum and have just decided I'll be an easy target for your scum buddies to bandwagon? Or have I offended you in some way?
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:16 pm

Post by Light-kun »

omni wrote:
Light-kun wrote: Post 10: Omni vote SirD (Random)
omni wrote: oh and
unvote
Why yes I DID just say that I didn't do that - Because I DIDN'T DO THAT

Your own post SAYS I didn't unvote you, I unvoted SirD not you, so yea I do accuse you of not reading, you don't read, you contradict yourself and you just write lengthy posts to try and lose your own contradictions in your posts, so you can accuse me of being erratic all you want, but you're contradicting yourself in your own posts.

And it looks like you've admitted you have it in for me? Is that because you know I'm not scum and have just decided I'll be an easy target for your scum buddies to bandwagon? Or have I offended you in some way?

*Laughs so hard it actually hurts.*
Okay, I am officially doing too much at once.

No, I pretty much admitted that I am an absolute and total moron. *Laughs again*
I mentally crossed someone's vote for me in another game into your FoS post. Forget not reading, it was just plain lack of being absolutely thorough to the point of being anal. *SLAMS HEAD INTO DESK*

On the other hand, you have moved way up on my town list for your reaction play. (Too bad I can't be this convincing intentionally....)

Okay, Back to Square One as they say. (And no, I totally won't hold it against anyone who finger of suspicions me for the sheer stupidity of my play.)

ANYWAY, I don't thing the prodded people have poked back in, so.... suspicious, unless they are killaseven players, in which case lynching them is fine. (Killaseven lurked like this in a completed game, flipped scum at the end, which I suspected...so I am uberly skeptical.)

What else...
Well, Someone2 my answer is still above. And finally, sorry to anyone who read above post. It is really not necessary to read it except for history. (Subtract opinions against Omni though, which were apparently completely unfounded.)

*Second, stronger apology. SORRY for being a complete and total douche*
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:44 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

What about your original suspicion though? You were suspicious of omni before that last post. Now you are all but clearing him?
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:12 pm

Post by sirdanilot »

Light-kun wrote:*Laughs so hard it actually hurts.*
Okay, I am officially doing too much at once.

No, I pretty much admitted that I am an absolute and total moron. *Laughs again*
I mentally crossed someone's vote for me in another game into your FoS post. Forget not reading, it was just plain lack of being absolutely thorough to the point of being anal. *SLAMS HEAD INTO DESK*

On the other hand, you have moved way up on my town list for your reaction play. (Too bad I can't be this convincing intentionally....)

Okay, Back to Square One as they say. (And no, I totally won't hold it against anyone who finger of suspicions me for the sheer stupidity of my play.)

ANYWAY, I don't thing the prodded people have poked back in, so.... suspicious, unless they are killaseven players, in which case lynching them is fine. (Killaseven lurked like this in a completed game, flipped scum at the end, which I suspected...so I am uberly skeptical.)

What else...
Well, Someone2 my answer is still above. And finally, sorry to anyone who read above post. It is really not necessary to read it except for history. (Subtract opinions against Omni though, which were apparently completely unfounded.)

*Second, stronger apology. SORRY for being a complete and total douche*
Uhm, when I saw this post I planned to torn it up in little bits and explain why they were scummy, because this entire post is just so scummy. 'I did something wrong im an idiot OLOL0LZ XDDDDDDDDD!!!111 but its all good now RIGHT??11'

Then, I figured I don't want to waste my life on mafia and I have other things to do, so I hope you'll believe me on my word that posts like these aren't helping you at all. It'd be better if you would start actually contributing to this game.

If it helps, just imagine the length of this very post when I would quote every little scummy bit and post a comment of two lines about it.
omni
omni
Townie
omni
Townie
Townie

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:15 am

Post by omni »

I definitely don't think L-K has cleared himself - I've just pointed out how scummy he is and now he's going back and apologising and saying he was just an idiot, no dice matey.
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:55 am

Post by Brandi »

mmm, just checking in, been kinda working on lots of stuff TT.TT I'll make a good post when Im functional. Sorry for not being as active as normal...
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:11 pm

Post by Light-kun »

As I said, I have no objections as to finding my suspicious since my play has been absolute shit, so why did you even think that I thought my post indicated anything to the effect of:

"OMG, I'm an idiot. Just clear me, kay, thanks!"

No. I made a mistake, and you judge with it what you will. And I can't do anything (as far as your opinions go) except resume the game with anything that this huge, space wasting ordeal gave me in information. *Hm...*

Well, let me look at people individually:

Brandi -Very standoffish, conservative play.
omni -Acted naturally to my rather unfounded accusation. Looking at it objectively now, his rebuttal is considerably townie behavior.
Inquisitor JL - 1 post, thus unknown.
sirdanilot - Due to the whole...ordeal, SirD looked fairly town/mafia. He looks town as a concerned citizen for my mental insanity that led me to idiotically attack a villager, OR he is a mafia using this as an ample time to make someone seem guilty and seem pro town while doing it. (Circular, yes, I know. But to note, it slightly seems [perhaps personal bias?] he is the town defending omni.)
OverCaffeinated -I dunno. He seems to be a bit of a comic player. No read yet.
dalt54321 - 1 post, thus unknown.
FlyingFoxBat - At this point, it is page four. It has been page four for 5 days. About now the self vote seems a little strange... I may look more into him.
hitogoroshi - I *KNOW* he said something that I found interesting; however, I have no idea what it said. I am going to look more into his posts in context.
someone2 - Closer to town.
Light-kun - Moron. <--- Yes, me.
Kmd4390 - Seems more town in his defense of my self vote. Decently helpful to town, in my opinion.
KrisReizer - Kriz followed my opinions without challenging them much. I will look into him. But, it is really late (EARLY) here. So:

List for review:
Kriz
hitogoroshi
Flyingfoxbat
Post again tomorrow...sometime.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:23 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Light-Kun, for the love of feline jesus, please slow down. It's as SirD says, where this need to plunge into the limelight does look very very scummy. However, that's partly because you insist on posting three times as much as everyone else, so you're certainly where we are all focusing on. And I'm not going to throw down a vote when I haven't seen much of anyone else. (That's my play style - very conservative with my vote, as opposed to those who use it as a pressure tool. This tends to make me the hammerer.)

But, as I said, you seem to be extremely jumpy, and using a lot of words to talk about a little suspicion. So if you're townie, slow down so the town can talk about other things and get more evidence down. If you're scum, by all means, continue leaping around and suspecting people for no reason.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
someone2
someone2
Goon
someone2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:53 am

Post by someone2 »

I'm going on vacation till next monday, feel free to replace me.
Show
Hi!

Win as:
town:0/3
scum:0/0

Not very good heh?
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:21 am

Post by sirdanilot »

someone2 wrote:I'm going on vacation till next monday, feel free to replace me.
Uhm, going away for only three days won't get you replaced out, especially since the game is moving at a really slow pace (except for light-kun of course!)

People, a bit more posting of someone not called light-kun would be appreciated!
omni
omni
Townie
omni
Townie
Townie

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:20 pm

Post by omni »

sirdanilot wrote:
someone2 wrote:I'm going on vacation till next monday, feel free to replace me.
Uhm, going away for only three days won't get you replaced out, especially since the game is moving at a really slow pace (except for light-kun of course!)

People, a bit more posting of someone not called light-kun would be appreciated!
Problem being that he's the only one giving us anything worth talking about! And I can't see anything to change my vote or talk about anything else.
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:27 pm

Post by sirdanilot »

mod: please replace out ALL inactive players, this game has come to a standstill now (inquisitor and dalt)
[jas]
[jas]
Goon
[jas]
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:45 pm

Post by [jas] »

You beat me to it. Looking for replacements for Inquisitor JL and dalt54321. Also, OverCaffeinated, FlyingFoxBat and KrisReizer have been prodded.
[/jas]
OverCaffeinated
OverCaffeinated
Townie
OverCaffeinated
Townie
Townie

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:29 am

Post by OverCaffeinated »

Light-kun does sound a bit scummy to me too, but I really think we are better off with lynching a less active player on day one then someone who has gone out of their way to post a lot. I don't think an experience mafia player would be so active if they were scum. And if it is a rookie mistake we can take care of it on day two.

I'm sorry i haven't posted much the past few days. Work got the better of me last week and then i was away from the computer this weekend.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”