lynched Day 3.
iamausername
TheInvisibleCop
Brandi
Townie
shot Night 3.

>
A small tip
: This first post will always contain information critical to the game, with the most recent vote count being displayed here (as well as within the thread), deadline information and player list. A great feature of this forum lets you display the first post in a thread as the first post on every page of your thread. This will be very useful in the game, however it’s not 100% needed. If you want to use this feature go to your profile, scroll down to the
preferences
section and select yes for ‘Always show First Post on every Topic Page’.
- First post format shamelessly stolen from He who's Pants are Awesome.
[/url]
Last edited by [jas] on Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:44 am, edited 46 times in total.
[/jas]
[jas]
[jas]
Goon
[jas]
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:45 pm

Post by [jas] »

Rules
Inspired by (read: blatantly stolen from) He who's Pants are Awesome.
[/i]

>
Fundamental

1. Above all, this is a game – have fun!
2. Unless it is explicitly stated in your role PM that you can do so, do not communicate with anyone outside this thread. Even then, only communicate when your role PM states you can.
3. Do not quote any communication you have with me or clammy, the moderators of the game. Depending on the circumstance, you may be able to paraphrase things we have sent you (such as a role PM). Use common sense and if you are unsure feel free to ask us via PM.
4. Mod's are only human, and as such, are bound to make mistakes. If you believe one has been made, feel free to send through a PM with what you think is wrong.
5. Be courteous to your fellow player. This is just a game, and any blatant personal attacks on another player will not be tolerated. Remember that everyone just wants to have fun!
6. Deadlines will be set at the discretion of the mod.
Red is the mod colour. Try not to use it.

>
Voting, lynching and deadlines

8. For your vote to be counted, it must be bold, and in the form
vote: playername
. The colon is optional.
9. Although it is not necessary, it is very much appreciated if you could unvote before changing your vote. Again, unvotes must be bold to count.
10. A lynch will occur at n/2 + 1 votes, rounded down to the nearest integer, where n is the number of players currently alive. Day will end with the lynch.
11. You may vote for a ‘no lynch’ if desired. If a majority of the players in the game vote for a no lynch, the game will progress to night without a lynch. No lynching cannot be done on consecutive nights.
12. At a deadline, rule ten will still be in play. If there is not a majority, then nobody will be lynched and night will begin. Exception: if the previous day ended in a no lynch, at deadline the person with the highest number of votes will be lynched.
13. If a lynch occurs, then the game enters ‘twilight’, where all alive players apart from the player who has been lynched are allowed to freely converse (but not allowed to cast any votes) until the thread is locked and a death scene posted.
14. Dead people don't talk. That means, once you are dead, you don't.

>
Activity

14. Treat this game as a commitment, and try your best to stay active. If you will be unable to participate for a period longer than 3 days, please PM me or post in thread.
15. Failure to remain active throughout the game will result in your replacement at the discretion of the mod. Try to post at least once every 72 hours.
16. All nights will have a preset deadline, which can be extended at my discretion. If you have a night action, and do not send me an action within the deadline it will be assumed that you do not wish to use that action that night. If you have a role that requires you use that night action and do not send in an action, the action will be randomly decided for you. If you wish to choose not to send in an action, a PM to me stating so (rather than not sending anything at all) is appreciated.

This is the townie PM, that at least one player received:

You are a
Townsperson
Some will consider this a boring role but you know that it's the equally most valuable town role in the game, because you have a vote each day, and with your help that vote might one day grow up to lynch a really nasty scum-character.
You win with the town when all non-town factions are dead.
Further information about your role is available here: wiki link.
Please confirm by PM when you receive and understand this, feel free to ask me any questions you may have too.
Last edited by [jas] on Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[/jas]
[jas]
[jas]
Goon
[jas]
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:08 pm

Post by [jas] »

All role PMs have been sent out. Please confirm via reply PM as soon as you can so we can get going!
[/jas]
[jas]
[jas]
Goon
[jas]
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:13 pm

Post by [jas] »

A reminder that
clammy
is the co-/backup-modertator for this game... so listen to him! Also if those with night choices can make sure they send them to him as well as me.
[/jas]
[jas]
[jas]
Goon
[jas]
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:14 pm

Post by [jas] »

Once upon a time there was a town.

It was a very small town, a quiet town, a peaceful and placid town.
..Once upon a time that is.

Of course, like any good story (and it seems all that open with "Once upon a time..."), this quiet town has been disturbed and now peace must take a back seat to feud for a time.

Nasty characters are at work here, last month Piere, the town's loud Dutch butcher, was bludgeoned to death with a heavy mechanic's spanner, everyone's been feeling hungry since the gruesome strangling of Flavio, your Italian Baker, and now no-one knows who to trust since Johny the candle-stick maker was sticked upon his own workmanship (the English have always enjoyed a little irony).

So here you are, one of the twelve elected by your town to examine and find the perpetrators and do away with them before they cripple the town so that placidity and quiet may once again be seen in your town.

Let the game begin...
[/jas]
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:17 pm

Post by Brandi »

Vote:KrisReizer
for being the last to confirm! ;P
FlyingFoxBat
FlyingFoxBat
Goon
FlyingFoxBat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:10 pm

Post by FlyingFoxBat »

Vote: FlyingFoxBat

Obvscum.
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:12 pm

Post by sirdanilot »

vote: flyingfoxbat

You don't vote yourself in the random voting phase.
FlyingFoxBat
FlyingFoxBat
Goon
FlyingFoxBat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:15 pm

Post by FlyingFoxBat »

sirdanilot wrote:
vote: flyingfoxbat

You don't vote yourself in the random voting phase.
Alas, I do.
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:42 pm

Post by Brandi »

Whats wrong with it, really? =P
omni
omni
Townie
omni
Townie
Townie

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:35 pm

Post by omni »

vote: sirdanilot
clearly opportunistic random voting there!
"You lift my battered soul you mend my broken wings together" - I Fell Away - Brave Saint Saturn
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:06 am

Post by Brandi »

Omni would you count your vote as a random or a serious vote? <_<
Inquisitor JL
Inquisitor JL
Goon
Inquisitor JL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:32 am

Post by Inquisitor JL »

vote omni
clearly opportunistic random voting there!
dalt54321
dalt54321
Townie
dalt54321
Townie
Townie

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:05 am

Post by dalt54321 »

vote omni
ovious scum
For those of you keeping score at home...
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:05 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Vote Inquisitor JL
- there's red in your avvie, that's the mod color.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
someone2
someone2
Goon
someone2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:26 am

Post by someone2 »

vote:dalt54321

His name makes me think he's the bomb.
Show
Hi!

Win as:
town:0/3
scum:0/0

Not very good heh?
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:53 am

Post by sirdanilot »

Brandi wrote:Whats wrong with it, really? =P
Voting for yourself beats the purpose of the random voting phase. Since there is absolutely no information to start with in this game, people tend to just randomly vote each other to get the ball rolling.

FFB (I'll abbreviate him like that from now on!) voted himself. Voting yourself does not give the town any information at all. Voting yourself is just plain useless, ie. not helpful to the town, ie. anti town, ie. scum.

If it helps, imagine everyone voting for their selves in the random voting phase as opposed to how a normal random voting phase goes. What gives more information?
FlyingFoxBat
FlyingFoxBat
Goon
FlyingFoxBat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:53 am

Post by FlyingFoxBat »

sirdanilot wrote:
Voting for yourself beats the purpose of the random voting phase. Since there is absolutely no information to start with in this game, people tend to just randomly vote each other to get the ball rolling.

FFB (I'll abbreviate him like that from now on!) voted himself. Voting yourself does not give the town any information at all. Voting yourself is just plain useless, ie. not helpful to the town, ie. anti town, ie. scum.

If it helps, imagine everyone voting for their selves in the random voting phase as opposed to how a normal random voting phase goes. What gives more information?
You seem to be overreacting a bit much, to me.
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:54 am

Post by Brandi »

Over reacting? I'd say sirdanilot is just being informative here and I think he is right. However, I wouldn't find the fact that FFB random voted for himself any bit more suspicious than someone who used a dice for their vote. It is worth noting, but probably not a tell.
OverCaffeinated
OverCaffeinated
Townie
OverCaffeinated
Townie
Townie

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:06 am

Post by OverCaffeinated »

Vote: Brandi

It's clear that KrisReizer is scum due to the late confirmation. We all know that scum are too busy skulking about doing scummy things and are too busy to check their mail.

And since we know that KrisReizer is scum, Brandi's vote right out of the gate seems like a way to distance herself from her scum compatriot.

Also the random number generator came up with a 1 so taken with the other points, it is evident that Brandi is most likely a potential candidate for possibly being scum.
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:26 am

Post by Light-kun »

OverCaffeinated wrote:
Vote: Brandi

It's clear that KrisReizer is scum due to the late confirmation. We all know that scum are too busy skulking about doing scummy things and are too busy to check their mail.

And since we know that KrisReizer is scum, Brandi's vote right out of the gate seems like a way to distance herself from her scum compatriot.

Also the random number generator came up with a 1 so taken with the other points, it is evident that Brandi is most likely a potential candidate for possibly being scum.
XDDD
Vote OverCaffeinated
for best arbitrary vote ever.
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:35 am

Post by Brandi »

Here I was thinking OC was female. =(
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:50 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

vote Light-kun
for being Kira.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
KrisReizer
KrisReizer
Townie
KrisReizer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:54 pm

Post by KrisReizer »

Vote: Kmd
for obviously being Near. See the N in his avatar?
Ah, life. I very much enjoy life. After all, it is a wonderful thing.
KrisReizer
KrisReizer
Townie
KrisReizer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:25 pm

Post by KrisReizer »

sirdanilot wrote:

The answer to your question is neither. That's why they're called random votes. Whether you vote for yourself or someone else, it's entirely meaningless. For example: if I were scum, the fact that I voted for Kmd could mean I'm town because I'm voting, or scum because I'm voting, only I have ulterior motives. Either way, it's impossible to tell from the random vote. WIFOM, mate.

Furthermore, just because a vote for oneself is anti-town in one scenario, in this case the one in which everyone does so, has no bearing on whether or not that vote would be anti-town in any other scenario. That's what the scholars call a Simulation Heuristic

Granted, this doesn't make that much difference, but it's a way to get the discussion going.
Ah, life. I very much enjoy life. After all, it is a wonderful thing.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”