Lurker
Lurker
Goon
Lurker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (isolation #2) » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:16 pm

Post by Lurker »

Ok... So there was a joke with my username...

Ok then. It look like we are still in RVS, So I'll leave my vote for now.
Lurker
Lurker
Goon
Lurker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (isolation #3) » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:57 pm

Post by Lurker »

In post 66, Jal wrote:
@Rob
In post 20, Robert2424 wrote:Im throwing out spam votes and seeing how people react.

In post 27, Robert2424 wrote:reaction fishing? Idk If id call it that. As I have no idea how u guys play in game.

Rob, you've already completed a game on the site. What do you mean by, "as I have no idea how u guys play in game?" Would you agree with the notion that what you were doing was "reaction fishing" or "fishing for a reaction?"

Also, I'm disappointed by your lack of throwing spam votes around.

And why you lynch me when I hold my vote on 1 person and he does the
EXACT SAME THING
?

I don't get how spamming votes in a non RVS situation is town.

@Lurker
In post 44, Lurker wrote:Ok... So there was a joke with my username...

Ok then. It look like we are still in RVS, So I'll leave my vote for now.

I'm glad you read four posts after your last one and decided you didn't need to play the game anymore.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Lurker

I'm glad that there are great explanations for voting these days. I mean it's obvious because my username is lurker and I haven't changed my vote that I'm completely zoned out of the game in every single way.

At least it's better then "I like how you think you're good at mafia".

In post 22, Mehdi2277 wrote:So any opinions on the people you've played with before and their current play?

How did you expect Roberto to seriously answer this with Jake having said nothing and NS not doing much by then at this point?
Lurker
Lurker
Goon
Lurker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (isolation #4) » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:47 pm

Post by Lurker »

In post 82, Jal wrote:The more people negatively react to
three
votes on Lurker, one of which is a RVS vote, the more I'm liking this wagon.

So you're saying to more resistance, the more likely that the person is scum and scum-buddies defend each other?
Lurker
Lurker
Goon
Lurker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (isolation #5) » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:31 am

Post by Lurker »

In post 138, Jal wrote:Lurker is paying attention to the thread a lot more than he actually gives on. See his sudden replies after my vote on him and to me). He just doesn't care to actually post worth a shit.

Doesn't matter.

Mog, answer the question.

You are the WINNER!

You get... Umm... This worthless (or semi-worthless) Behavioral analysis!
Lurker
Lurker
Goon
Lurker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (isolation #6) » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:33 am

Post by Lurker »

Unvote

I think we are out of RVS now.
Lurker
Lurker
Goon
Lurker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (isolation #7) » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:43 am

Post by Lurker »

OK so let's see what the voting reasons are for the peeps on my wagon:

Jal "I'm glad you read four posts after your last one and decided you didn't need to play the game anymore."

Thinks that me leaving a vote on someone thinking that it is still RVS is negative.

Explained vote. (I call it legit because it is actually explained, and she tried. Not that it is sufficient reason to lynch me.)

Jones: I'm down for this unvote: vote lurker

Not really too much info.

Xis: I'm curious as to where this Lurker wagon will take us. In fact, I'm willing to help it along.

So, curiosity.

Lord Morke: for thinking that he could just drop his vote and not help move the game from RVS.

So we have 1 legit reason, Curiousity, A clone of the legit reason, and A vote to bandwagon.

Yep. That's as far as I know the reasons people are voting me. (My knowledge isn't very good: If I'm wrong, tell me)
Lurker
Lurker
Goon
Lurker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (isolation #8) » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:45 am

Post by Lurker »

In post 68, Mogadishu Jones wrote:Holy crap somehow I missed posts 43-46.

I'm down for this
unvote: vote lurker

@lurker: regarding post #44, why did you feel the need to announce you weren't moving your vote?

To let them know that at the same time I wasn't lurking and would move my vote eventually.
Lurker
Lurker
Goon
Lurker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (isolation #9) » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:36 am

Post by Lurker »

In post 161, Mogadishu Jones wrote:Before I expound on why that is silly and I think requires further scrutiny, one more question.

Why did it take you so long to answer the question?

Because It did not seem like a pressing issue, considering it was RVS anyway.
Lurker
Lurker
Goon
Lurker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (isolation #10) » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:44 am

Post by Lurker »

Ok, My first in a (hopefully) series of reads. First off I will read Lord Mhork.

His first vote, Post #119, He votes me for the same reason as Jal did, or as they call it, sheeping. He goes on to say that Jal is town.

One of these would be a bit of a slip, but permissible. Two however, seems like buddying.

In post 126 He says that Medhi was reaction fishing. He also said that early wagons were bad.

Medhi did indeed support reaction fishing as said in post #24. "It's the ideal time to reaction fish". However, she did not do so.

In post #130 he stills disagrees with the wagon point when It has been pointed out there is some sheeping on the wagon.

He also FOS's Robert, with no explanation other that "Get an avatar".

I have a scum read on this guy. I also think I may have convinced myself for pushing for his lynch.

Vote: Lord Mhork
Lurker
Lurker
Goon
Lurker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (isolation #11) » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:54 pm

Post by Lurker »

In post 191, Mogadishu Jones wrote:
In post 180, Mehdi2277 wrote:How? She's been pushing people and scum hunting more then most of this town. She started the first true wagon.

And at the moment lynching scum > pressuring some lurker.

How much do you like pretending your captain townie mctowniepants?

Is it a lot?

I bet it's a lot.

It's natural you two would go at it.

You have 38 posts, her 54.
Lurker
Lurker
Goon
Lurker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (isolation #12) » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:00 pm

Post by Lurker »

In post 188, Mogadishu Jones wrote:
In post 163, Jal wrote:
In post 151, Baby Spice wrote:I keep trying to ctrl-c out of the old paper note book I use for these types of things, but it doesn't seem to work.
I jump and change a lot between computers and mobile devices, and not even my own computer since my laptop died. Paper notes for me.

I will accept pictures.

Also, more has happened outside this thread than Lurker's wagon. Thoughts on Mhork, please.

In post 157, Lurker wrote:al "I'm glad you read four posts after your last one and decided you didn't need to play the game anymore."

Thinks that me leaving a vote on someone thinking that it is still RVS is negative.

Explained vote. (I call it legit because it is actually explained, and she tried. Not that it is sufficient reason to lynch me.)

I assure you, I did not vote you because you left your vote on someone.

Lurker, give me some thoughts on people beyond the reasoning for your wagon.

In post 158, Mogadishu Jones wrote:ts page five what do you think I am, a prophet? Does everyone on this site plan to catch the scum immedietly?

This doesn't relate to what you were saying. Also, answer question.

I did answer the question. I expected you could infer "I don't know right now" from "what do you think I am, a prophet?" I then questioned why it sees like at least three of you (you, mendhi, spice) seem to think the scum are just going to parade into your lap on day 1 before half the player base is even slightly actively involved.

It's possible. I mean, I know from experience:

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=24112
Lurker
Lurker
Goon
Lurker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (isolation #13) » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:17 am

Post by Lurker »

In post 227, Lord Mhork wrote:
In post 167, StrangerCoug wrote:
In post 166, Mehdi2277 wrote:SC is there a reason to not say the other reason you unvoted me.

I thought it was implied in my post that I don't like Lord Mhork's claim that you were reaction fishing, which you deny and I feel runs counter to the "take everything seriously" mode that you claim to take in every game.

Pal, did you even read my last post? I amended my reaction fishing statement after it was clear I had made a mistake.

In post 168, Lurker wrote:Ok, My first in a (hopefully) series of reads. First off I will read Lord Mhork.

His first vote, Post #119, He votes me for the same reason as Jal did, or as they call it, sheeping. He goes on to say that Jal is town.

One of these would be a bit of a slip, but permissible. Two however, seems like buddying.

In post 126 He says that Medhi was reaction fishing. He also said that early wagons were bad.

Medhi did indeed support reaction fishing as said in post #24. "It's the ideal time to reaction fish". However, she did not do so.

In post #130 he stills disagrees with the wagon point when It has been pointed out there is some sheeping on the wagon.

He also FOS's Robert, with no explanation other that "Get an avatar".

I have a scum read on this guy. I also think I may have convinced myself for pushing for his lynch.

Vote: Lord Mhork

First, why is sheeping bad? Why is it inherently scummy and voteworthy? What if I flat out admit that I liked the point Jal made so much that it seemed like the best vote?

Second, where did I say that early wagons were bad? Oh you must mean that
sarcastic
remark that I said was
sarcasm
and was obviously
sarcasm
because I was helping to build an early wagon.

Third, what are you even talking about with the sheep and me disagreeing with the wagon point? How do those two correlate in the slightest?

Fourth, you are an idiot. If you actually, you know, read my posts, it would miraculously become clear that the FoS was not due to the lack of avatar, but rather the reaction fishing! Egasp! Brilliant!

Fifth, your vote on me is bad and you should feel bad with your poorly done IIoA.

In post 170, Jal wrote:
In post 164, Lord Mhork wrote:You see I was helping build an early wagon and Mogadishu was implying that there was some bad thing attached to early day wagons...

Helping? I wouldn't call what you did as helping. It looked like you thought you were voting scum. Xis' vote looked more like helping.

Difference is that I was voting someone because I agreed that behaved scummily. Xis was just along for the ride, apparently.

In post 171, Robert2424 wrote:
In post 99, Mehdi2277 wrote:Did you change the day/night number? I tried it and got twice as much win wise for day start vs night.

Yes, I messed with it for a good 10 to 15 mins and looked at the details. It gave weird results. it gave the town a 40 something win percentage with 8 town and 5 mafia. I was looking at it like, I don't get it. ether that, or my mind is shot. Witch is possible these past few days. I've made a huge mistake on a post in Ika Mafia while posting from my 360.
In post 130, Lord Mhork wrote:Shit. You're right. That FoS should be on Robert.

Robert, get an avatar.

And I disagree on your wagon point.

I would get an avatar, but i'm not sure what to have really. I think I'll go for my aviator that I've had for over a year on Ika Mafia. and why are you FOSing me?

also, loving the activity for day 1. I had to catch up on several pages after me sleeping, Church, and after me watching the Bronco game. Hopefully we can keep it up. I'm going to need to reread stuff, especially the larger posts, before my computer crude's out on me again. I think I may be able to come up with a suspicion this soon in day 1 though.

I'm FoSing you because of your reaction fishing. Like I've said in my posts. And the avatar is a really nice thing because it makes it easier for people to attribute quotes to the correct people instead of getting confused and pointing fingers at the wrong people. It can be anything really. Just google some nice picture and slap it in there.

In post 181, Robert2424 wrote:Mainly just a feeling I've gotten from her. I have no way of really explaining it, its more just a feeling then anything. It can change, idk, don't have any control over it.

As For mhork, I'm unsure how to feel about him, he seems to have came out of nowhere all the sudden, being active, and Jumping onto the Lurker bandwagon. I haven't seen much, but mainly he's been confusing to me. He dose seem a bit scummy, but not sure.

As For Lurker, he's now committing a lot more to the game then before, I feel like now there is a bandwagon on him that he's actually going to commit. Meaning the players voting on him, putting enough pressure for him to talk and make more then one sentence posts really. I'm not going to discredit putting pressure on people via votes(if putting presure on him to talk more and to stop being scummy is there intent that is, idk, I can't read there minds). I'm placing one on Jake to do just that, get him to talk more. Not to bully, but I do think he is a good player and can make good reads if he'd just post. But I do think that if Lurker is town, one voting for him is scum.

How am I scummy. And the out of nowhere thing has to do with the fact that I didn't know the day had begun before then. Is my activity bad?

In post 182, Mehdi2277 wrote:A. Jal, Mhork, and Mog all seem to think he's scum with their votes (Xis not so much).

B. Pressure votes work fine when you don't call them pressure votes. If he knows it's just pressure it's a lot easier to ignore. Voting a scum read whether it's mhork or jal beats pressuring jake when it's unlikely to make him post much more when he knows the vote isn't going to get him lynched.

Dat terribad pressuring.
I really don't like the fact that you are already narrowing down the possible scum to me and Jal there. It's kinda tacky. Also, of course I seem to think he's scum with my vote! Why in the hell would I tell someone I'm voting that I actually think they're town?! How does that even?!

In post 186, Mehdi2277 wrote:It's more of what do you think of the people on those wagons. Lurker and Lord are on each other so that cancels. Then it's me and SC pushing mhork vs Jal, Xis the sheep, and AI the rvs vote.

How do we cancel? And I really don't like this polarizing tactic you're attempting here.

In post 190, Mogadishu Jones wrote:
In post 164, Lord Mhork wrote:Coug... Pal... That wagon comment was sarcasm. You see I was helping build an early wagon and Mogadishu was implying that there was some bad thing attached to early day wagons...

Also I amended my reaction fishing statement in my last post.

And, Jal, I'm phone posting but it's guy mixed with analysis of posts that I match with a town mindset.

I do not recall implying such a thing.

I was talking about this here:
In post 123, Mogadishu Jones wrote:But if youre asking about baby spice then yeah. Reasons=math

unvote

The speed of this wagon is ridiculous

In post 221, Mehdi2277 wrote:Yes although primarily because I think Mhork is scum and I don't think he's bussing (Xis I also think a good chance of being scum, but less so).

Why are you so 100% convinced that I am scum? Why are you already looking for connections that can be stemmed from me being scum? All it does is create ugly, anti town confirmation bias.

In post 224, Mehdi2277 wrote:Well you think lurker is scum. I think mhork is. As for not bussing you generally don't assume every time someone you suspect is voting someone it's mafia. You usually think it's voting a mislynch.

What is this even?

As awesome as it would be to have Mehdi be so clearly scum, I think he's prolly town based on the sheer eagerness of his posts and the fact that, usually, scum would be so clear in their use of logical fallacies to mislynch town. Also, I like Mogadishu, and Lurker can get some extra scum points for obvious OMGUS.

First off, sheeping is bad because It allows things such as hammers and mislynches to happen, as bandwagons are much easier to do if sheeping is allowed. Also , since you have no real opinion other then the one you copied, we can't use that to read you, thus making it harder to find scum. It also leads to buddying, using the person you sheep as a meatshield.

That is why sheeping is bad. I'll answer the rest later.
Lurker
Lurker
Goon
Lurker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (isolation #14) » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:19 am

Post by Lurker »

I'll be back to check this 3:00 Central Standard Time.

Don't expect me posting in thread until then.
Lurker
Lurker
Goon
Lurker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #276 (isolation #15) » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:43 am

Post by Lurker »

Ok, I see I am Near being lynched, L-1, nearly at the end of my rope and the like.

I am A vanilla townie.

I have A Railroad Card, But It Doesn't do anything yet.

Does anyone else have a railroad card?
Lurker
Lurker
Goon
Lurker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (isolation #16) » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:51 am

Post by Lurker »

In post 277, Mehdi2277 wrote:How many cards do you have?

2. My second Card is a bit powerful. It's the electric company.

My railroad is B & O.
Lurker
Lurker
Goon
Lurker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (isolation #17) » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:20 pm

Post by Lurker »

In post 302, Mogadishu Jones wrote:
In post 282, StrangerCoug wrote:
In post 275, Mogadishu Jones wrote:Announcing L-1 doesnt negate the risk of a speed hammer. Why not just play it safe?

Why play it safe? Why bend over backwards for other people's carelessness, for that matter?

Wo's talking about carelessness? I'm talking about well veiled hammers to end the day waaaayy earlier than necessary. In this case, its moot as lurker has claimed.

Speaking of, he didnt even full claim in his original claim. Thats that ish I don't like.

Would you consider Vanilla +1 shot-ability A vanilla?
Lurker
Lurker
Goon
Lurker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (isolation #18) » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:32 pm

Post by Lurker »

My 1-shot ability Is watcher.
Lurker
Lurker
Goon
Lurker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #365 (isolation #19) » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:57 am

Post by Lurker »

In post 343, Mehdi2277 wrote:28/13 = 2 remainder 2

11 people have 2 cards while 2 people have 3 cards.

I'm curious how Mhork flipping scum condemns spice. I can somewhat see mhork becoming more suspicious if spice flips scum but not the other way around.

Aren't there also Community chests and Chance cards? That would make the variety of cards even more.
Lurker
Lurker
Goon
Lurker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #412 (isolation #20) » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:20 am

Post by Lurker »

I'll be looking over the StrangerCoug issue now.
Lurker
Lurker
Goon
Lurker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #422 (isolation #21) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:13 am

Post by Lurker »

In post 419, Lord Mhork wrote:Baby Spice, are you Shadoweh? I miss her...

Robert, does watcher even definitely mean town? Isn't scum watcher possible?

Quoted from "http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Watcher"

"Mafia Watchers have been known to exist and have much less stigma attached to them. They can be used to find protective roles (by targetting likely Doctor targets), or to give foreknowledge of possible investigations (by watching a Mafia partner). In a setup with multiple killers, a Mafia Watcher may be able to identify opposing killers. They are fairly solid power roles in scum hands."
Lurker
Lurker
Goon
Lurker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #434 (isolation #22) » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:24 am

Post by Lurker »

In post 430, numberQ wrote:Lurker:

Before the claim, his content amounted to an analysis of his own wagon (though unless I read it wrong he didn't even supply any opinions of his own), a case on Mhork (which is weak, but that's already been discussed), and a few statements that almost sound like the beginnings of some investigation but stop before they go anywhere (see: 76, 89).

Then he claimed, and for some reason people forgot that the game explicitly stated that cards (ie, powers) are randomized after alignment assignments, meaning alignment has nothing to do with powers. On top of that, the claim was strange because he waited until someone specifically asked him about it to mention his Watcher role.

Post-claim Lurker has been IIoA and a promise to look at the SC issue, though he's posted since that promise without having looked at the issue.

--

StrangerCoug:

I don't see anything inherently wrong with SC's post 257, where he votes Lurker because of Mhork's deconstruction of Lurker's case. Seriously. What the hell was bad about it? Maybe I'm blind but I'm just not seeing it.

I thought the conversation between SC and Jake after that was weird though, and I can't put my finger on why. When I say weird, note that SC's posts looked weird, not really Jake's. I don't know if this even means anything.

Other than that, SC has mostly just defended himself and responded to questions. I don't see a lot that's scummy about him, especially since (and I may have forgotten something here) the only case against him seems to be his Lurker vote.

--

So yeah Lurker should be lynched.

VOTE: Lurker

I still want to look at Mhork and Robert in more detail, and now Baby Spice since I'm seeing people against her, but I'll get to them some other time.

As for the SC voting of me, did he himself make a case, or was it sheeping?
Lurker
Lurker
Goon
Lurker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #435 (isolation #23) » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:25 am

Post by Lurker »

Wait. It was sheeping.
Lurker
Lurker
Goon
Lurker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #445 (isolation #24) » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:44 pm

Post by Lurker »

In post 443, Lord Mhork wrote:
In post 441, Robert2424 wrote:

I'd say watcher would mean 95% of the time town. But that doesn't Clear him cause he got a property card to say, he's a Watcher Night 1. Along with any other abliltys he may have. I've Never Seen Scum with a Watcher role if that is what your saying, though on the other hand it could be a convinat lie for the moment. There is no proof right now its true or not. I Mod games and wouldn't make scum able to have the watcher ability. But the powers are in the property's as it says in the beginning of the thread. So, in this game everything goes.

Pal, like I keep pointing out, roles are randomized. Mod said this. What was the purpose of this post?

Most of the time watcher = town

If the mod kept to giving town town roles and scum scum roles that watcher would be town.

However we don't know that, thus the summary of the argument.
Lurker
Lurker
Goon
Lurker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #452 (isolation #25) » Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:29 am

Post by Lurker »

In post 449, Lord Mhork wrote:
In post 445, Lurker wrote:

I'd say watcher would mean 95% of the time town. But that doesn't Clear him cause he got a property card to say, he's a Watcher Night 1. Along with any other abliltys he may have. I've Never Seen Scum with a Watcher role if that is what your saying, though on the other hand it could be a convinat lie for the moment. There is no proof right now its true or not. I Mod games and wouldn't make scum able to have the watcher ability. But the powers are in the property's as it says in the beginning of the thread. So, in this game everything goes.

Pal, like I keep pointing out, roles are randomized. Mod said this. What was the purpose of this post?

If the mod kept to giving town town roles and scum scum roles that watcher would be town.

Why are you saying this?

To try and sum up what she said.
Lurker
Lurker
Goon
Lurker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #453 (isolation #26) » Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:29 am

Post by Lurker »

In post 452, Lurker wrote:
In post 449, Lord Mhork wrote:
In post 445, Lurker wrote:

Why are you saying this?

To try and sum up what he said.
Lurker
Lurker
Goon
Lurker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #463 (isolation #27) » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:44 am

Post by Lurker »

In post 456, Jal wrote:
@Lurker
, why didn't you claim your card with the watcher role right away? Why only the railroad?

Well, I didn't think that the card would involve my role at the time (Just my power), plus I didn't see a need to since no one else had claimed a power role. (Also, Who Would I watch? Early in the DP, nobody needs watched more then any other person at the time.)
Lurker
Lurker
Goon
Lurker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #476 (isolation #28) » Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:12 pm

Post by Lurker »

In post 464, Jal wrote:Why not just claim the two cards right away but not the power then?

Because It's A utility card.

There are only 2 Utility cards in monopoly: Water works and Electric company.

(Nearly) Everyone would know that those cards are very unique, and so would know that it was a power role.
Lurker
Lurker
Goon
Lurker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #523 (isolation #29) » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:39 am

Post by Lurker »

Yay prod dodge!

As for the question in post #519, I though that the cards would be unevenly passed, making the game even more bastard then It may be.
Lurker
Lurker
Goon
Lurker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #539 (isolation #30) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:35 am

Post by Lurker »

For future reference, would a bandwagon here be 3 or more people or 2 or more people?
Lurker
Lurker
Goon
Lurker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #556 (isolation #31) » Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:32 am

Post by Lurker »

This game has seemed to slown down a bit.
Lurker
Lurker
Goon
Lurker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #642 (isolation #32) » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:41 am

Post by Lurker »

Ok, I'm back.

To answer TehBrawlGuy's question in post #570, Question #3 from the top,

From the 2 options, I would have to say that this part is the answer

"or do you have more of a problem with saying "X feels Town to me" unprompted?"
Lurker
Lurker
Goon
Lurker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #656 (isolation #33) » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:40 am

Post by Lurker »

In post 650, UberNinja wrote:Okay I more or less decided I'm not gonna read the thread up until this point which is probably really gonna hamper my scumhunting but I might as well try to get in the game because up until now all I've really been doing is prod dodging.

So can somebody please explain to me what's going on so I can begin to play? without being a fucking useless retard? thx

Quick summary (I think)

RANDOM VOTING!

I Countervote saying joke is "weak reasoning"

Discussion about jokes and whether it is still RVS (medhi brings up rolefishing, but does not do it.) #17 - #27

Robert2424 bandwagon takes off becuase "he takes jokes too seriously." (or some reasoning like that) Post #32

for most players, ti is said we are OUT OF RVS. (no post number)

I say we are still in RVS, as I think that the discussion is still weak. #44

Jal makes case on me here, says I am bailing out by leaving my vote from RVS (Or something like that) #66

Bandwagon ensues (Insert "Sheeping argument" shenanigans) Starts at post #66

Medhi calls Jal Reasoning a bit "dumb". #73 & #79

SOme day 1 theory whether to lynch or not to lynch. #86 - #95

Babyspice starts posting statistics #101

Medhi and Babyspice are not both on Jal.

Mogodishu Jones Votes babyspice for her "Statistics argument" #117

Mhork Bandwagons on my wagon #119

Medhi switches to Mhork #128

I am at L-3

Jake from state farm Randomly Says Sup #154

StrangerCoug votes Mhork saying something like "I don't like him saying that early wagons are bad" #162

I vote MHork, conflict ensues. #168

#176 - #187 is Jake getting back in the game.

#202 Jake has scum read on me

Page 9 is medhi and jones talking back and forth.

Post #239 Robert Votes JAl saying " Jal directing Babyspice is defensive"

#255 Jake Votes SC, No reason at the time.

#257 I AM AT L-1 !!!! Things start getting heated. ( He "Sheeped"(according to me) off of Mhork's defense on page 9.)

PAge 11 is SC and Jake from state farm going at it.

I claim #276 VInilla Townie with a Railroad card, saying I have cards in addition.

#278 I say I have The eletric complany card as well.

#307 I say the eletric company is 1-shot Tracker.

Unvoting and argument ensues due to the staggered nature of my claim.

#342 Sc Bandwagon is started by Jal.

Page #15 Robert get Doublevoter Card, dissusion ensues. (IDK why I keep saying ensues.)

#381 Babyspice Uses more statistics.

Page #16 is continueation of SC bandwagon.

PAges #18 -21 Is abotu the cards, adn the bastard element in the game.

That's all I have time for right now, maybe I'll finish the sumary.

P.S NOw that I look at it, It isn't exactly quick.
Lurker
Lurker
Goon
Lurker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #658 (isolation #34) » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:01 am

Post by Lurker »

In post 657, Jake from State Farm wrote:202 - I never say I have a scumread on you, that's a quote (or paraphrase of a quote) that I believe you actually said at some point.

OK. It gets confusing when compiling this many events.

I didn't mean to construe things.
Lurker
Lurker
Goon
Lurker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #690 (isolation #35) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:39 am

Post by Lurker »

In post 689, Lord Mhork wrote:
In post 624, Jal wrote:I'll get back to Baby after I look at their alt and when I am less tired.

When did she say who her alt was?

In post 656, Lurker wrote:

This didn't happen.

This didn't really happen... At least not like that. You just said that we were in RVS still. No reasoning. Reasoning would have been pro town. What you did was a cop out.

Jal makes case on me here, says I am bailing out by leaving my vote from RVS (Or something like that) #66

That looks a lot like discrediting and misrep. "Oh yeah she made some case about me not RVSing or something. It's not really important enough to go into detail over."

This is relevant?

#257 I AM AT L-1 !!!! Things start getting heated. ( He "Sheeped"(according to me) off of Mhork's defense on page 9.)

Way to discredit me completely. :(

I claim #276 VInilla Townie with a Railroad card, saying I have cards in addition.

In post 276, Lurker wrote:Ok, I see I am Near being lynched, L-1, nearly at the end of my rope and the like.

I am A vanilla townie.

Something is off here. Also I cannot believe I missed the blatant role fishing. >.<

Come again?

That's one way to describe what happened...

Yeah. There are a couple of holes in your testimony, pal. Hang on...

(I love that game. :o)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05H6jRR41rw

VOTE: LURKER
Lurker
Lurker
Goon
Lurker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #691 (isolation #36) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:54 am

Post by Lurker »

Truant: "[...] scum can play really well and only make one mistake. That's all that is necessary as not every post will be scummy. All you need is one solid slip and you can find scum.
Lurker
Lurker
Goon
Lurker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #695 (isolation #37) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:18 pm

Post by Lurker »

VOTE: LURKER
Lurker
Lurker
Goon
Lurker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #701 (isolation #38) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:31 pm

Post by Lurker »

In post 697, Jal wrote:THIS IS THE FUN PART. Will come back to this thread later.

You meant to say torture.
Lurker
Lurker
Goon
Lurker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #703 (isolation #39) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:42 pm

Post by Lurker »

In post 702, Jal wrote:He obviously wants the day to end early too. Fact is, it's more beneficial for scum right now to end the day and end the flow of conversation. Also, I might just die tonight for pointing out his scum slip.

LOL.

WIFOM.

Maybe I just hate you.

By the way, I dare you to not lynch me.
Lurker
Lurker
Goon
Lurker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #711 (isolation #40) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:27 pm

Post by Lurker »

Hey guys, I got a chance card.
Lurker
Lurker
Goon
Lurker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #713 (isolation #41) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:41 pm

Post by Lurker »

In post 712, Jal wrote:
In post 709, TehBrawlGuy wrote:Singling out people as top suspicions just means Scum know who to tailor/watch/bus/protect/commute/etc. better, since. As of right now, they don't really have the best targets. Baby's pretty up there, then there's a smattering of stuff behind her, since we haven't really come to any consensus. As far as Town roles, Cop and Vidge just need to be on anyone scummy or AntiTown to be effective, Tracker is less effective if Scum know who's trackerbait, and Watcher and Doc just need to be on anyone Town, etc. It's a lot harder to effectively use PRs as Scum.

They may know who is Scum and who is Town, but they don't know how that differs from what we think, unless we tell them.

I don't think Lurker wants to end the phase because it's an advantage to Scum, I think he just personally wants this over.

Scum already know this. They do have the best targets because they already know who is scum and who is town and who suspects them. They know how we differ because we have already expressed our feelings on everyone already. Putting up reasons for who we think is scum NOW doesn't help scum detect who is what power role. We help a cop or vig by helping narrow down who exactly is town or more likely scum. They can choose to take it or leave what people say. We're not going to come to a consensus anyhow, but we will discuss who is probably linked/not linked with Lurker.

I have personally, as scum, ended the day early with an early hammer to end conversation. I have also suggested my confirmed partner to do so in a game as well. I have had other partners just end the day early on their own behalf. Ending the day early when we just got new information only helps scum. We have players that haven't even reacted to his confirmed scum status. That means less to work with. It's easy just to have someone hammered and just not discuss it the next day or take it like it was obvious.

This dicussion is pointless and anti-town and is the exact thing I meant by "being stupid." I won't discuss this further with you. If you want Lurker lynched right now, then you are going to have to wait for Medhi to actually post in this thread instead of in his other threads, Baby Spice to come back, or Uber to check back in and maybe read some posts. Until then, I'm going to go through the thread. Not like someone is around to hammer anyhow.

There is a glaring hole in this, but If I answer it, It will give a significant amount of information to the town.
Lurker
Lurker
Goon
Lurker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #716 (isolation #42) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:31 pm

Post by Lurker »

In post 715, Jal wrote:So knowing that Lurker is probably scum does not change your opinion whatsoever on anything? You've been thinking Lurker is town all this time and arguing against me about him being scum, and none of your reads change as a result?

WTH IS THIS!

I come back, and see this excuse for a continuation after I get my 1-way ticket out of this game? Please, at least try to do something other then Divert attention to someone else now that a convenient scapegoat has appeared.
Lurker
Lurker
Goon
Lurker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #727 (isolation #43) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:01 pm

Post by Lurker »

In post 724, Jal wrote:I'll help you out here UberDuber:

In post 307, Lurker wrote:My 1-shot ability Is watcher.

In post 656, Lurker wrote:#307 I say the eletric company is 1-shot Tracker.

In post 674, Jal wrote:Whoa whoa whao. STOP THE THREAD. Did anyone else actually read what Lurker wrote in his big posts?

PLEASE DO EXPLAIN THIS TO ME, LURKER FRIEND

In post 691, Lurker wrote:Truant: "[...] scum can play really well and only make one mistake. That's all that is necessary as not every post will be scummy. All you need is one solid slip and you can find scum.

In post 695, Lurker wrote:VOTE: LURKER

You forgot the intensly sarcastic things that made argument with fixed mindsets useless since you would not think such things seriously.

Vote: Jal
Lurker
Lurker
Goon
Lurker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #746 (isolation #44) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:25 pm

Post by Lurker »

In post 728, TehBrawlGuy wrote:
In post 727, Lurker wrote:
In post 724, Jal wrote:I'll help you out here UberDuber:

In post 674, Jal wrote:Whoa whoa whao. STOP THE THREAD. Did anyone else actually read what Lurker wrote in his big posts?

PLEASE DO EXPLAIN THIS TO ME, LURKER FRIEND

In post 691, Lurker wrote:Truant: "[...] scum can play really well and only make one mistake. That's all that is necessary as not every post will be scummy. All you need is one solid slip and you can find scum.

In post 695, Lurker wrote:VOTE: LURKER

You forgot the intensly sarcastic things that made argument with fixed mindsets useless since you would not think such things seriously.

Vote: Jal

Get your vote back on yourself so we can get this over with.

Why? If I am truly scum, you will lynch me.

Self-hammering becuase of a sarcasm offensive is not doing anything but making this a miserable experience.

If I was truly sick of this game, I would have shown the information above, but I didn't.

I'm getting closer and clsoer to that tipping point in which I accidentaly out all my allies that I know in this thread because It went faster then I wanted to go.
Lurker
Lurker
Goon
Lurker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #780 (isolation #45) » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:59 am

Post by Lurker »

In post 767, Mehdi2277 wrote:I'll read the last two UN posts in a minute but here UN:

In post 746, Lurker wrote:If I was truly sick of this game, I would have shown the information above, but I didn't.

I'm getting closer and clsoer to that tipping point in which
I accidentaly out all my allies that I know in this thread
because It went faster then I wanted to go.

Scum claim.

Cult claim Byotchez
Lurker
Lurker
Goon
Lurker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #781 (isolation #46) » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:02 am

Post by Lurker »

In post 780, Lurker wrote:
In post 767, Mehdi2277 wrote:I'll read the last two UN posts in a minute but here UN:

In post 746, Lurker wrote:If I was truly sick of this game, I would have shown the information above, but I didn't.

Scum claim.

Cult claim Byotchez

Mime Claim.
Lurker
Lurker
Goon
Lurker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #782 (isolation #47) » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:02 am

Post by Lurker »

In post 781, Lurker wrote:
In post 780, Lurker wrote:

Scum claim.

Cult claim Byotchez

Mime Claim.

Counterclaim Jester.
Lurker
Lurker
Goon
Lurker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #788 (isolation #48) » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:04 am

Post by Lurker »

In post 784, Lord Mhork wrote:Exactly what I was gonna say. Über went from being absolutely certain of lurker town to putting him confirmed scum. Something seems off...

In post 779, Jake from State Farm wrote:
In post 777, UberNinja wrote:Yeah but please please everyone unvote.

Nobody better unvote.

NobodySpecial Is in this game?
Lurker
Lurker
Goon
Lurker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #790 (isolation #49) » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:24 am

Post by Lurker »

YOU ARE ACTIVE LURKING.

LYNCH THIS SCUKER.
Lurker
Lurker
Goon
Lurker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #795 (isolation #50) » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:46 pm

Post by Lurker »

In post 792, Jake from State Farm wrote:Funny lurker mentions lurking and who shows up...

Lurker, you just need to stfu. I'm not active lurking, I responded to a post directed at me. You are trolling and are starting to annoy me. Can we end this day already?

Q, save the read, lurker admitted to being scum. He botched his claim. Lets do this already

Bro, If you want me to STFU lynch me.

You have the power.

Everyone knows i'm scum.

This is my only chance to talk, so you could have the courtesy to let me talk instead of being condescending.

So STFU and get it done if you actually can back it up.
Lurker
Lurker
Goon
Lurker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #825 (isolation #51) » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:34 am

Post by Lurker »

In post 803, Jake from State Farm wrote:
In post 801, UberNinja wrote:
In post 793, TehBrawlGuy wrote:
In post 792, Jake from State Farm wrote:Funny lurker mentions lurking and who shows up...

Lurker, you just need to stfu. I'm not active lurking, I responded to a post directed at me. You are trolling and are starting to annoy me. Can we end this day already?

Q, save the read, lurker admitted to being scum. He botched his claim. Lets do this already

UN asked for time, we should give it to him.
In post 794, Jake from State Farm wrote:No we shouldn't

-sigh-

Jake, please kindly STFU and let me read and explain my thoughts on shit.
That will happen before the end of the weekend, over the next day or two.

The very moment I am finished with that, I'll hammer Lurker myself. Deal?

I will not stfu

Well then neither will I.
Lurker
Lurker
Goon
Lurker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #826 (isolation #52) » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:35 am

Post by Lurker »

In post 797, Jake from State Farm wrote:You use your "chance to talk" to falsely accuse me of active lurking? Or to make a lame joke about NS not being in the game? Or all the stupid claims you have made? :roll:

And you decide to take active lurking as serious from a scum claim man named Lurker because...?
Lurker
Lurker
Goon
Lurker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #827 (isolation #53) » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:39 am

Post by Lurker »

In post 802, Jake from State Farm wrote:
In post 799, UberNinja wrote:
In post 779, Jake from State Farm wrote:
In post 777, UberNinja wrote:Yeah but please please everyone unvote.

Nobody better unvote.

Why the fuck not? You don't want me to be able to give my thoughts before Lurker is lynched?

You had plenty if time to contribute but you chose not to read and participate, nobody owes you any favors, especially when you do post it's rubbish or all caps.

Well, If you would let him give his thoughts, it wouldn't be all rubbish, now would it?
Lurker
Lurker
Goon
Lurker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #862 (isolation #54) » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:27 pm

Post by Lurker »

In post 856, Jake from State Farm wrote:
In post 848, UberNinja wrote:
In post 846, Jake from State Farm wrote:And we are not lynching the person who caught the scum slip, we are lynching the person who admitted he was scum

Lmao you put too much faith in your supposed "scum slips"

We are lynching Jal and that's all there is to it.

I take back what I said earlier about you being scum, because you'd have to be the dumbest motherfucker alive to play as scum in this way.
Lord Mhork is still a definite possibility though

You said I was scum by the middle of page 6, but I hadn't even posted in the game yet. Now you say I'm too stupid to play this way as scum because I want to lynch the person who botched their fake claim? Get a clue and vote lurker. Jal isn't happening today

Patience is a virtue.
Lurker
Lurker
Goon
Lurker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #865 (isolation #55) » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:55 pm

Post by Lurker »

In post 860, UberNinja wrote:Here I'll just comment on Lurker for a sec:

In post 276, Lurker wrote:Ok, I see I am Near being lynched, L-1, nearly at the end of my rope and the like.

I am A vanilla townie.

The manner of speaking being employed here makes me think Lurker is not a native English speaker, or at the very least, that he is young and/or un(der)educated.

This post doesn't really do much for me in terms of alignment. But why did you wait to claim the Electric Company card until later?

In post 278, Lurker wrote:
In post 277, Mehdi2277 wrote:How many cards do you have?

2. My second Card is a bit powerful. It's the electric company.

My railroad is B & O.

In post 422, Lurker wrote:

Quoted from "http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Watcher"

"Mafia Watchers have been known to exist and have much less stigma attached to them. They can be used to find protective roles (by targetting likely Doctor targets), or to give foreknowledge of possible investigations (by watching a Mafia partner). In a setup with multiple killers, a Mafia Watcher may be able to identify opposing killers. They are fairly solid power roles in scum hands."

Okay... your Electric Company ability is "a bit powerful", and you've claimed it's Watcher, and talked about the Watcher role a bit, including posting a link to the role's MafiaWiki page. I, too, think Watcher is a pretty strong role. It's almost as good as a Cop in some ways, and even better in some ways. It makes it very hard for the Mafia to get certain people killed without sacrificing at least one of their own in return. This can be game-breakingly good for town, unless the Watcher is killed off very soon.

In post 656, Lurker wrote:
In post 650, UberNinja wrote:Okay I more or less decided I'm not gonna read the thread up until this point which is probably really gonna hamper my scumhunting but I might as well try to get in the game because up until now all I've really been doing is prod dodging.

So can somebody please explain to me what's going on so I can begin to play? thx

Quick summary (I think)

RANDOM VOTING!
Discussion about jokes and whether it is still RVS (medhi brings up rolefishing, but does not do it.) #17 - #27
Robert2424 bandwagon takes off becuase "he takes jokes too seriously." (or some reasoning like that) Post #32
for most players, ti is said we are OUT OF RVS. (no post number)
Bandwagon ensues (Insert "Sheeping argument" shenanigans) Starts at post #66
Medhi calls Jal Reasoning a bit "dumb". #73 & #79
SOme day 1 theory whether to lynch or not to lynch. #86 - #95
Babyspice starts posting statistics #101
Medhi and Babyspice are not both on Jal.
Mogodishu Jones Votes babyspice for her "Statistics argument" #117
Mhork Bandwagons on my wagon #119
Medhi switches to Mhork #128
I am at L-3
StrangerCoug votes Mhork saying something like "I don't like him saying that early wagons are bad" #162
I vote MHork, conflict ensues. #168
#176 - #187 is Jake getting back in the game.
#202 Jake has scum read on me
Page 9 is medhi and jones talking back and forth.
Post #239 Robert Votes JAl saying " Jal directing Babyspice is defensive"
#255 Jake Votes SC, No reason at the time.
PAge 11 is SC and Jake from state farm going at it.
#278 I say I have The eletric complany card as well.

#342 Sc Bandwagon is started by Jal.
Page #15 Robert get Doublevoter Card, dissusion ensues. (IDK why I keep saying ensues.)
#381 Babyspice Uses more statistics.
Page #16 is continueation of SC bandwagon.
PAges #18 -21 Is abotu the cards, adn the bastard element in the game.
That's all I have time for right now, maybe I'll finish the sumary.
P.S NOw that I look at it, It isn't exactly quick.

This post begs the question of why he would completely misremember his role/ability.
In post 658, Lurker wrote:It gets confusing when compiling this many events.

I didn't mean to construe things.

And this somewhat answers it. It's easy to make mistakes. And I subconsciously group Tracker and Watcher together in my head too, even though Watcher is far more powerful. So I can believe that he made this mistake in earnest.

In post 703, Lurker wrote:
In post 702, Jal wrote:He obviously wants the day to end early too. Fact is, it's more beneficial for scum right now to end the day and end the flow of conversation. Also, I might just die tonight for pointing out his scum slip.

LOL.

WIFOM.

Maybe I just hate you.

By the way, I dare you to not lynch me.

Jal's post where she says "I might just die tonight" reeks of scum, btw.

Lurker's response sounds like a fucking weird-ass copy of his weird-ass play from Newbie 1299 Mafia Gangnam Style.
In other words, weird as shit. I can more likely see this kind of statement coming from scum though.

Perhaps he's thinking if he says weird stuff to/about Jal, that nobody will suspect they are buddies together.

And at the same time he's mad at Jal for bussing him.

In post 713, Lurker wrote:
In post 712, Jal wrote:
In post 709, TehBrawlGuy wrote:Singling out people as top suspicions just means Scum know who to tailor/watch/bus/protect/commute/etc. better, since. As of right now, they don't really have the best targets. Baby's pretty up there, then there's a smattering of stuff behind her, since we haven't really come to any consensus. As far as Town roles, Cop and Vidge just need to be on anyone scummy or AntiTown to be effective, Tracker is less effective if Scum know who's trackerbait, and Watcher and Doc just need to be on anyone Town, etc. It's a lot harder to effectively use PRs as Scum.

They may know who is Scum and who is Town, but they don't know how that differs from what we think, unless we tell them.

I don't think Lurker wants to end the phase because it's an advantage to Scum, I think he just personally wants this over.

Scum already know this. They do have the best targets because they already know who is scum and who is town and who suspects them. They know how we differ because we have already expressed our feelings on everyone already. Putting up reasons for who we think is scum NOW doesn't help scum detect who is what power role. We help a cop or vig by helping narrow down who exactly is town or more likely scum. They can choose to take it or leave what people say. We're not going to come to a consensus anyhow, but we will discuss who is probably linked/not linked with Lurker.

I have personally, as scum, ended the day early with an early hammer to end conversation. I have also suggested my confirmed partner to do so in a game as well. I have had other partners just end the day early on their own behalf. Ending the day early when we just got new information only helps scum. We have players that haven't even reacted to his confirmed scum status. That means less to work with. It's easy just to have someone hammered and just not discuss it the next day or take it like it was obvious.

This dicussion is pointless and anti-town and is the exact thing I meant by "being stupid." I won't discuss this further with you. If you want Lurker lynched right now, then you are going to have to wait for Medhi to actually post in this thread instead of in his other threads, Baby Spice to come back, or Uber to check back in and maybe read some posts. Until then, I'm going to go through the thread. Not like someone is around to hammer anyhow.

There is a glaring hole in this, but If I answer it, It will give a significant amount of information to the town.

This is a LOT bigger of a scum slip than the other thing being paraded around.

Saying he doesn't want to give a significant amount of information to "the town".

Jal's much-alluded-to "scum slip" is chopped liver next to this. Just sayin'.

In post 795, Lurker wrote:

Bro, If you want me to STFU lynch me.

You have the power.

Everyone knows i'm scum.

This is my only chance to talk, so you could have the courtesy to let me talk instead of being condescending.

So STFU and get it done if you actually can back it up.

Bolded is obv.

Anyway...

So Lurker, what information is it that don't you want "the town" to know about Jal?

And if you're town, why are you coming out and claiming scum? ... ARE you scum?

If you're town, you'd better give me some damn good answers.
Because you sound scummy as fuck.

Sincerely,
UberNinja

First off,
I am scum. I admit to this.

To answer your first question, I am under 18, which is why It may seem as I am bad at wording.

The information I did not want to give to the town Is whether scum have daytalk, which they don't. (There, although it was obvious that shenanigans would be ensuing in the mafia day-chat if there was such.)

Anyone else want to ask me something? (I am open for discussion)
Lurker
Lurker
Goon
Lurker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2721 (isolation #56) » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:30 am

Post by Lurker »

GG
Lurker
Lurker
Goon
Lurker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2722 (isolation #57) » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:32 am

Post by Lurker »

In post 2716, Lord Mhork wrote:I feel dirty after this game. Normally, out of principle, I hate lurking as a strategy, but it seemed to be the right method.

Good game, all, and special congrats to Cheery.

Come to the dark side.

Lurking isn't all that bad, except the lack of reads, lack of information, of associative tells, of reaction tests, of alignment-alignment comparisons, etc...

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”