Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:30 pm

Post by Jal »

We don't need the full 8 days, no. We certainly can use some of this time to be productive and scum search a bit as long as we're not being stupid. Now that we have confirmed scum, why not?
Lurker
Lurker
Goon
Lurker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:31 pm

Post by Lurker »

In post 697, Jal wrote:THIS IS THE FUN PART. Will come back to this thread later.

You meant to say torture.
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:34 pm

Post by Jal »

He obviously wants the day to end early too. Fact is, it's more beneficial for scum right now to end the day and end the flow of conversation. Also, I might just die tonight for pointing out his scum slip.
Lurker
Lurker
Goon
Lurker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:42 pm

Post by Lurker »

In post 702, Jal wrote:He obviously wants the day to end early too. Fact is, it's more beneficial for scum right now to end the day and end the flow of conversation. Also, I might just die tonight for pointing out his scum slip.

LOL.

WIFOM.

Maybe I just hate you.

By the way, I dare you to not lynch me.
TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:43 pm

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

In post 702, Jal wrote:He obviously wants the day to end early too. Fact is, it's more beneficial for scum right now to end the day and end the flow of conversation. Also, I might just die tonight for pointing out his scum slip.

If we don't end up using all our time on D2, it's a waste.

I just thought of it, but I'm not sure I like this. It falls under the same reasoning that planning lynches ahead does. Scum probably are loaded with PRs thanks to the set-up, and I don't really want them knowing exactly where to aim them. Additionally, if they have nighttalk only, (
do scum have daytalk? I don't think this was answered
) letting them converse
after
hearing our plans rather than before is disadvantageous.
I don't have anything to put here because my normal signature is images. Weeeeee.
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:53 pm

Post by Jal »

Your reasoning doesn't make sense.

This isn't planning lynches. It's deducing who is scum before going into night. I can just easily argue that this will help investigative roles do their job. As I've said before, I doubt the set up on D1 as created to be uneven. It's the mechanics regarding the cards and how they're powered up and exchanged along with some of the randomness that makes the game swingy.

We're not coming up with "plans." We're talking about who is probably a scum partner. What? You think we'll pick some people who are town as being scum and prevent them from being killed or something? Because, it's very likely they wouldn't have been killed anyway due to the fact we think they're scummy anyhow.

I'll propose the same to you: If we don't use up all of D1, that would be a waste. Why wait for more townies to be killed? Are you hoping for Baby Spice to be night killed for some fantastical reason to eliminate a scum read?

Your reasoning, my dear, is shit, and it goes against what you said for D2.

Please tell me how we are going to give more info for scum to aim. They know who is scum and who is town unless there is a SK. They know who is a threat already. They know who has pointed them out as scum already.

It's very obvious Lurker wants to end the day early for his own motivations. You can't tell me this would be beneficial for scum when scum want to end the fucking day.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:55 pm

Post by Jake from State Farm »

Mehdi has to be a scum partner IMO.
Show
Things I've learned.
1. It's just a game, have fun.
2. Don't waste time on people who think you are scum. Ignore them and keep scum hunting.
3. Don't take everything so personal.
4. Tunneling sucks (unfortunately I can't seem to stop)
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:58 pm

Post by Jal »

Medhi definitely has to check back in. Baby Spice too. Maybe Uber will say crap.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:59 pm

Post by Jake from State Farm »

In post 707, Jal wrote:Maybe Uber will say crap.

Don't hold your breath ;)
Show
Things I've learned.
1. It's just a game, have fun.
2. Don't waste time on people who think you are scum. Ignore them and keep scum hunting.
3. Don't take everything so personal.
4. Tunneling sucks (unfortunately I can't seem to stop)
TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:04 pm

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

In post 705, Jal wrote:Your reasoning doesn't make sense.

This isn't planning lynches. It's deducing who is scum before going into night. I can just easily argue that this will help investigative roles do their job. As I've said before, I doubt the set up on D1 as created to be uneven. It's the mechanics regarding the cards and how they're powered up and exchanged along with some of the randomness that makes the game swingy.

We're not coming up with "plans." We're talking about who is probably a scum partner. What? You think we'll pick some people who are town as being scum and prevent them from being killed or something? Because, it's very likely they wouldn't have been killed anyway due to the fact we think they're scummy anyhow.

I'll propose the same to you: If we don't use up all of D1, that would be a waste. Why wait for more townies to be killed? Are you hoping for Baby Spice to be night killed for some fantastical reason to eliminate a scum read?

Your reasoning, my dear, is shit, and it goes against what you said for D2.

Please tell me how we are going to give more info for scum to aim. They know who is scum and who is town unless there is a SK. They know who is a threat already. They know who has pointed them out as scum already.

It's very obvious Lurker wants to end the day early for his own motivations. You can't tell me this would be beneficial for scum when scum want to end the fucking day.

Singling out people as top suspicions just means Scum know who to tailor/watch/bus/protect/commute/etc. better, since. As of right now, they don't really have the best targets. Baby's pretty up there, then there's a smattering of stuff behind her, since we haven't really come to any consensus. As far as Town roles, Cop and Vidge just need to be on anyone scummy or AntiTown to be effective, Tracker is less effective if Scum know who's trackerbait, and Watcher and Doc just need to be on anyone Town, etc. It's a lot harder to effectively use PRs as Scum.

They may know who is Scum and who is Town, but they don't know how that differs from what we think, unless we tell them.

I don't think Lurker wants to end the phase because it's an advantage to Scum, I think he just personally wants this over.
I don't have anything to put here because my normal signature is images. Weeeeee.
TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:05 pm

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

*since as of right now

Damned typos. I swear I can English good, guys.
Lurker
Lurker
Goon
Lurker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:27 pm

Post by Lurker »

Hey guys, I got a chance card.
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:29 pm

Post by Jal »

In post 709, TehBrawlGuy wrote:Singling out people as top suspicions just means Scum know who to tailor/watch/bus/protect/commute/etc. better, since. As of right now, they don't really have the best targets. Baby's pretty up there, then there's a smattering of stuff behind her, since we haven't really come to any consensus. As far as Town roles, Cop and Vidge just need to be on anyone scummy or AntiTown to be effective, Tracker is less effective if Scum know who's trackerbait, and Watcher and Doc just need to be on anyone Town, etc. It's a lot harder to effectively use PRs as Scum.

They may know who is Scum and who is Town, but they don't know how that differs from what we think, unless we tell them.

I don't think Lurker wants to end the phase because it's an advantage to Scum, I think he just personally wants this over.

Scum already know this. They do have the best targets because they already know who is scum and who is town and who suspects them. They know how we differ because we have already expressed our feelings on everyone already. Putting up reasons for who we think is scum NOW doesn't help scum detect who is what power role. We help a cop or vig by helping narrow down who exactly is town or more likely scum. They can choose to take it or leave what people say. We're not going to come to a consensus anyhow, but we will discuss who is probably linked/not linked with Lurker.

I have personally, as scum, ended the day early with an early hammer to end conversation. I have also suggested my confirmed partner to do so in a game as well. I have had other partners just end the day early on their own behalf. Ending the day early when we just got new information only helps scum. We have players that haven't even reacted to his confirmed scum status. That means less to work with. It's easy just to have someone hammered and just not discuss it the next day or take it like it was obvious.

This dicussion is pointless and anti-town and is the exact thing I meant by "being stupid." I won't discuss this further with you. If you want Lurker lynched right now, then you are going to have to wait for Medhi to actually post in this thread instead of in his other threads, Baby Spice to come back, or Uber to check back in and maybe read some posts. Until then, I'm going to go through the thread. Not like someone is around to hammer anyhow.
Lurker
Lurker
Goon
Lurker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:41 pm

Post by Lurker »

In post 712, Jal wrote:
In post 709, TehBrawlGuy wrote:Singling out people as top suspicions just means Scum know who to tailor/watch/bus/protect/commute/etc. better, since. As of right now, they don't really have the best targets. Baby's pretty up there, then there's a smattering of stuff behind her, since we haven't really come to any consensus. As far as Town roles, Cop and Vidge just need to be on anyone scummy or AntiTown to be effective, Tracker is less effective if Scum know who's trackerbait, and Watcher and Doc just need to be on anyone Town, etc. It's a lot harder to effectively use PRs as Scum.

Scum already know this. They do have the best targets because they already know who is scum and who is town and who suspects them. They know how we differ because we have already expressed our feelings on everyone already. Putting up reasons for who we think is scum NOW doesn't help scum detect who is what power role. We help a cop or vig by helping narrow down who exactly is town or more likely scum. They can choose to take it or leave what people say. We're not going to come to a consensus anyhow, but we will discuss who is probably linked/not linked with Lurker.

I have personally, as scum, ended the day early with an early hammer to end conversation. I have also suggested my confirmed partner to do so in a game as well. I have had other partners just end the day early on their own behalf. Ending the day early when we just got new information only helps scum. We have players that haven't even reacted to his confirmed scum status. That means less to work with. It's easy just to have someone hammered and just not discuss it the next day or take it like it was obvious.

This dicussion is pointless and anti-town and is the exact thing I meant by "being stupid." I won't discuss this further with you. If you want Lurker lynched right now, then you are going to have to wait for Medhi to actually post in this thread instead of in his other threads, Baby Spice to come back, or Uber to check back in and maybe read some posts. Until then, I'm going to go through the thread. Not like someone is around to hammer anyhow.

There is a glaring hole in this, but If I answer it, It will give a significant amount of information to the town.
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:04 pm

Post by Mehdi2277 »

TBG the short counter argument is scum would be stupid to not have any idea who's trusted and who's not even if you don't say it clearly. Clear logic helps figure things out more even if it does reveal something to mafia that they likely knew already or changes little. It's more beneficial to be open then closed on everything.

Jal what do you want me to post though? My opinion isn't changing drastically beyond lurker's fairly confirmed scum (although to me more for his reaction at saying tracker then saying it).
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:10 pm

Post by Jal »

So knowing that Lurker is probably scum does not change your opinion whatsoever on anything? You've been thinking Lurker is town all this time and arguing against me about him being scum, and none of your reads change as a result?
Lurker
Lurker
Goon
Lurker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:31 pm

Post by Lurker »

In post 715, Jal wrote:So knowing that Lurker is probably scum does not change your opinion whatsoever on anything? You've been thinking Lurker is town all this time and arguing against me about him being scum, and none of your reads change as a result?

WTH IS THIS!

I come back, and see this excuse for a continuation after I get my 1-way ticket out of this game? Please, at least try to do something other then Divert attention to someone else now that a convenient scapegoat has appeared.
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:35 pm

Post by UberNinja »

In post 668, TehBrawlGuy wrote:
In post 661, Jal wrote:20
WHOLE
pages?! Oh deary deary gosh!!!!!111111 Even if he just remembered the people he suspected most, he would should remember the questoning/see it in ISOs of her. Fact is, the SC case has been stated by me, you, and Baby has some some vague shit on it. Jake's questioning doesn't count. I have stated the case again. If he is so tired that he can't remember any of these shit posts, if he doesn't, refer back to horrible replacement/scum bit..

Lurker, if you have time to do that analysis over information crap, then you have time to actually interact with people here as they actually say things or give more lengthy responses.

Going over walls and through Annachie's ISO today.

If you're so insistent about everyone reading everything, why aren't you up in UN's face? He's asking for a summary of the entire game after having prod dodged for days.

Uh... because she is scum?

Actually on that note...
Unvote; Vote: Jal

Time to finish what I started.
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:35 pm

Post by Lord Mhork »

Hang on, über. Answer my question back there.
Show
Seven Deadly Sins. Six thrilling chapters. One epic adventure.
Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords
Chapter One: Burnt Offerings

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:36 pm

Post by UberNinja »

To clarify... it's because she knows if I'm paying attention, that I will push her lynch and get her to flip scum.

See this page for more info: https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... ja/Friends
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:36 pm

Post by UberNinja »

In post 718, Lord Mhork wrote:Hang on, über. Answer my question back there.

I'll get to it... EVENTUALLY

:twisted:
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:37 pm

Post by UberNinja »

In post 515, Lord Mhork wrote:I feel so left out 'cause nothing cool is happening to me... :(

Why is Jal scum, Über?

I just said why.
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:38 pm

Post by Lord Mhork »

I thought I asked it at least.

In post 664, UberNinja wrote:Thanks Lurker! You're town

Jal's still scum

Mehdi still needs to die first

#YOLO

How does that make lurker town? Did you even read it? What about the self vote?
Show
Seven Deadly Sins. Six thrilling chapters. One epic adventure.
Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords
Chapter One: Burnt Offerings

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:40 pm

Post by Jal »

He made that post before the self-vote and probably hasn't reads the rest of the thread yet.

I can't wait until you catch up, Uber.
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:44 pm

Post by Jal »

I'll help you out here UberDuber:

In post 307, Lurker wrote:My 1-shot ability Is watcher.

In post 656, Lurker wrote:#307 I say the eletric company is 1-shot Tracker.

In post 674, Jal wrote:Whoa whoa whao. STOP THE THREAD. Did anyone else actually read what Lurker wrote in his big posts?

In post 656, Lurker wrote:#307 I say the eletric company is 1-shot Tracker.

PLEASE DO EXPLAIN THIS TO ME, LURKER FRIEND

In post 691, Lurker wrote:Truant: "[...] scum can play really well and only make one mistake. That's all that is necessary as not every post will be scummy. All you need is one solid slip and you can find scum.

In post 695, Lurker wrote:VOTE: LURKER

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”