Mogadishu Jones
Mogadishu Jones
Townie
Mogadishu Jones
Townie
Townie

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:52 pm

Post by Mogadishu Jones »

In post 73, Mehdi2277 wrote:@Jal, I actually thought Jake had something since I remembered his name, but I wasn't asking for a detailed just a simple he sounds normal, a bit more relaxed, etc. Just a small lean thing to continue.

Next, dislike the Lurker wagon. Curious when the last time someone only read a few posts in this short of a game has happened since he stopped reading after 4 posts doesn't seem likely. Nor is it really new for someone to treat early discussion as weak. So mog/jal want to explain it more then that?

P-edit: I'll be clearer then SC. I was criticizing the joke vote.

I'd like him to answer my question first.

I'm not sure how you can dislike me being on a wagon when youre not sure why I'm on it in the first place though. It's almost as if you want to put your foot down as the first person to be against the wagon of a mislynch, to buy yourself some town cred later.
Lurker
Lurker
Goon
Lurker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:57 pm

Post by Lurker »

In post 66, Jal wrote:
@Rob
In post 20, Robert2424 wrote:Im throwing out spam votes and seeing how people react.

In post 27, Robert2424 wrote:reaction fishing? Idk If id call it that. As I have no idea how u guys play in game.

Rob, you've already completed a game on the site. What do you mean by, "as I have no idea how u guys play in game?" Would you agree with the notion that what you were doing was "reaction fishing" or "fishing for a reaction?"

Also, I'm disappointed by your lack of throwing spam votes around.

And why you lynch me when I hold my vote on 1 person and he does the
EXACT SAME THING
?

I don't get how spamming votes in a non RVS situation is town.

@Lurker
In post 44, Lurker wrote:Ok... So there was a joke with my username...

Ok then. It look like we are still in RVS, So I'll leave my vote for now.

I'm glad you read four posts after your last one and decided you didn't need to play the game anymore.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Lurker

I'm glad that there are great explanations for voting these days. I mean it's obvious because my username is lurker and I haven't changed my vote that I'm completely zoned out of the game in every single way.

At least it's better then "I like how you think you're good at mafia".

In post 22, Mehdi2277 wrote:So any opinions on the people you've played with before and their current play?

How did you expect Roberto to seriously answer this with Jake having said nothing and NS not doing much by then at this point?
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:00 pm

Post by Jal »

In post 73, Mehdi2277 wrote:@Jal, I actually thought Jake had something since I remembered his name, but I wasn't asking for a detailed just a simple he sounds normal, a bit more relaxed, etc. Just a small lean thing to continue.

Next, dislike the Lurker wagon. Curious when the last time someone only read a few posts in this short of a game has happened since he stopped reading after 4 posts doesn't seem likely. Nor is it really new for someone to treat early discussion as weak. So mog/jal want to explain it more then that?

Of course you would remember Jake's name since Robert named him as one person he had played before. And ah yes, that RVS voting from Nobody Special, I'm sure there was a lot to glean from those gems.

Lurker has made three votes, one of which was an RVS vote, another which looked like it wasn't totally serious, and one where he came back during a serious discussion and totally brushed off the thread. He didn't treat it as weak, he brushed everything off like it was RVS which is blatantly untrue. It's not really "new" for scum to sit back and actively not participate.

Do you have a town read on our dear friend Lurker?
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:00 pm

Post by Jal »

Lurker, fix dem tags.
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:02 pm

Post by Mehdi2277 »

In post 68, Mogadishu Jones wrote:Holy crap somehow I missed posts 43-46.

I'm down for this
unvote: vote lurker

@lurker: regarding post #44, why did you feel the need to announce you weren't moving your vote?

I think that says why you're on the wagon. If it's a different reason you can say it, but from the reasoning here that I'm assuming followed Jul's I dislike why you're voting him and disagree with it being scummy.

P-edit: And Jake was also the first person voted.

No, but I still think the reasoning you're pushing is dumb. Sure scum have done it, but you're not rejecting the general statement. Treating early comments as still random isn't new from town either and either explain how it happens more often from new scum relatively then new town or it isn't a scum tell.
Robert2424
Robert2424
Goon
Robert2424
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:16 pm

Post by Robert2424 »

In post 66, Jal wrote:
@Rob
In post 20, Robert2424 wrote:Im throwing out spam votes and seeing how people react.

In post 27, Robert2424 wrote:reaction fishing? Idk If id call it that. As I have no idea how u guys play in game.

Rob, you've already completed a game on the site. What do you mean by, "as I have no idea how u guys play in game?" Would you agree with the notion that what you were doing was "reaction fishing" or "fishing for a reaction?"

Also, I'm disappointed by your lack of throwing spam votes around.

@Lurker
In post 44, Lurker wrote:Ok... So there was a joke with my username...

Ok then. It look like we are still in RVS, So I'll leave my vote for now.

I'm glad you read four posts after your last one and decided you didn't need to play the game anymore.

UNVOTE:

In post 22, Mehdi2277 wrote:So any opinions on the people you've played with before and their current play?

How did you expect Roberto to seriously answer this with Jake having said nothing and NS not doing much by then at this point?

I'm trying to stay active and add to the conversation. If I don't interact with u all, or don't even try. Id be wasting my time and everybody elses. Plus if I don't talk and clam up. Nothing good would ever happen.

also if u serously think I want lurker or anybody lynched right now. You know nothing about me. its day 1. People just seem to lynch happy for day 1.
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:22 pm

Post by Jal »

Serious posting started towards the end of page one. There was more to comment on then just someone mentioning his name and brushing everything. else

Robert, answer my question about reaction fishing. I have no idea what you're even talking about regarding trying to stay active in the conversation or how it applies to anything I said.

What the hell does your opinion on wanting Lurker lynched have anything to do with my post also? Do you realize my reply to you ended with "@Lurker?"
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:24 pm

Post by Jal »

The more people negatively react to
three
votes on Lurker, one of which is a RVS vote, the more I'm liking this wagon.
Mogadishu Jones
Mogadishu Jones
Townie
Mogadishu Jones
Townie
Townie

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:26 pm

In post 82, Jal wrote:The more people negatively react to
three

Seems a bit of a leap.
Mogadishu Jones
Mogadishu Jones
Townie
Mogadishu Jones
Townie
Townie

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:27 pm

In post 79, Mehdi2277 wrote:
In post 68, Mogadishu Jones wrote:Holy crap somehow I missed posts 43-46.

I'm down for this
unvote: vote lurker

@lurker: regarding post #44, why did you feel the need to announce you weren't moving your vote?

I think that says why you're on the wagon. If it's a different reason you can say it, but from the reasoning here that I'm assuming followed Jul's I dislike why you're voting him and disagree with it being scummy.

P-edit: And Jake was also the first person voted.

No, but I still think the reasoning you're pushing is dumb. Sure scum have done it, but you're not rejecting the general statement. Treating early comments as still random isn't new from town either and either explain how it happens more often from new scum relatively then new town or it isn't a scum tell.

Making assumptions so maybe you know why I'm on the wagon, maybe you don't. Gotcha.
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:27 pm

Post by Jal »

A leap?
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:38 pm

Post by Mehdi2277 »

Mog if you want to play vaguely sure, but otherwise I'll assume your vote is because of what you said near it. Jal posts right before you quoting a post from lurker. You say you didn't notice it and then vote him.

Jul It doesn't take 5 votes on a person to call reasoning bad.

Robert what would you like to do day 1? No lynching is worse then mislynching.
Mogadishu Jones
Mogadishu Jones
Townie
Mogadishu Jones
Townie
Townie

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:39 pm

In post 85, Jal wrote:A leap?

Yep.
Mogadishu Jones
Mogadishu Jones
Townie
Mogadishu Jones
Townie
Townie

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:46 pm

In post 86, Mehdi2277 wrote:Mog if you want to play vaguely sure, but otherwise I'll assume your vote is because of what you said near it. Jal posts right before you quoting a post from lurker. You say you didn't notice it and then vote him.

Im a pretty vague guy until its time to throw a haymaker. I don't fault your reasoning at all but give me just a sec or two and I'll gladly expound. I would certainly not lynch someone following the case Jal's made, so don't worry. I am however, thinking I might move in a similar vein ya dig?
Lurker
Lurker
Goon
Lurker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:47 pm

Post by Lurker »

In post 82, Jal wrote:The more people negatively react to
three

So you're saying to more resistance, the more likely that the person is scum and scum-buddies defend each other?
Robert2424
Robert2424
Goon
Robert2424
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:59 pm

Post by Robert2424 »

In post 81, Jal wrote:Serious posting started towards the end of page one. There was more to comment on then just someone mentioning his name and brushing everything. else

Robert, answer my question about reaction fishing. I have no idea what you're even talking about regarding trying to stay active in the conversation or how it applies to anything I said.

What the hell does your opinion on wanting Lurker lynched have anything to do with my post also? Do you realize my reply to you ended with "@Lurker?"

The answer to your q for me is Yes and No. In a way it and in a way its not. But let me Put it in different terms. in a way we do the same in RL. We asks q and learn about people on what they answer. So when I make a Vote on somebody. In a way its reaction fishing and in a way we're are not as it in day one is mainly spam and just idle chit chat. Its hard to explain but my vote was spam and for fun while my vote on Jake is to get a reaction from him. mainly to make a post.
Mogadishu Jones
Mogadishu Jones
Townie
Mogadishu Jones
Townie
Townie

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:04 pm

Do you have a pr that says you have to pretend to be a monopoly philosopher?
Robert2424
Robert2424
Goon
Robert2424
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:05 pm

Post by Robert2424 »

In post 86, Mehdi2277 wrote:Mog if you want to play vaguely sure, but otherwise I'll assume your vote is because of what you said near it. Jal posts right before you quoting a post from lurker. You say you didn't notice it and then vote him.

I don't agree with that. only on day one its better then a mislynch. Epecally since everyone but anti is completly blind. Plus in my exp Town won more NOT lynching day 1 then when it did. thats just my opionion though. It just makes more sense to me.
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:09 pm

Post by Mehdi2277 »

I won't argue this in theory since that thinks too long but how about numbers. If we no lynch we're making the game a night start (assuming no day powers). 13 player vanilla day start win chances with 3 scum (the most likely number) is 20 percent chance for town. Same thing but with night start is 10 percent. Here's the calculator that does this.
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:25 pm

Post by Jal »

The question was for you to explain the leap.

Also, we're totally not nolynching. Robert, you just came from a game where you replaced in where town
lynched
scum D1. There is no reason based on playing on this site that I can see you not wanting to lynch today.

In post 89, Lurker wrote:So you're saying to more resistance, the more likely that the person is scum and scum-buddies defend each other?

Not necessarily. Scummy scum also love to just defend the shit out of random people thinking they're pro town.

Either way, mama likes seeing reactions, especially when I wasn't even expecting any. Also, it's proving you are actually paying attention to the thread and can actually speak and say things.

In post 86, Mehdi2277 wrote:Jul It doesn't take 5 votes on a person to call reasoning bad.

It isn't bad no matter how much you want to try and throw the same argument around while ignoring reality.
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:31 pm

Post by Mehdi2277 »

You realize that logic can just be reflected. If you argue it the same way it doesn't become better when I said it was bad before.

As for the no lynching thing while it's a wrong idea I've argued the same idea a ton off site where people generally play cautiously/don't see how a mislynch isn't worse.

Lastly have you ever played a game where you say someone is scum and everyone who disagrees with you is scum? I doubt it so want to clarify how me defending him is different from a townie thinking your accusations are wrong.
Xisiqomelir
Xisiqomelir
Goon
Xisiqomelir
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:37 pm

Post by Xisiqomelir »

In post 39, Mehdi2277 wrote:
And Xis the game started onlt about 5 hours ago so how his making him post now needed (same for robert).

I like to encourage participation in the game, I think it makes it more enjoyable for everyone.

I'm curious as to where this Lurker wagon will take us. In fact, I'm willing to help it along.

UNVOTE: Lord Mhork

L-3 I believe.

@Jal
: Which is the most negative reaction you have seen to this wagon? Is it telling of alignment to you?

@StrangerCoug
: I read all of Dirty Dealing, so I sort of see where you're coming from. Do you think your perceptions of that game are more or less instructive from modding it rather than playing it? I'm having trouble phrasing this but I mean could you pick up on things more subtle than salamence faking a post-restriction?
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:39 pm

Post by Mehdi2277 »

Xis so do you agree with SC that I'm normally serious or do you agree with his earlier I'm being too serious?

And if you want participation with the Lord vote why unvote him before he appears?
Robert2424
Robert2424
Goon
Robert2424
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:46 pm

Post by Robert2424 »

Since that calculater gave the exact same answer I don't think it correct.

@Jal. If u really want to bring that game up. They were serously lucky to have that luck. 2 The town LOST the game still with lynching of scum day 1. So it dosent really help your case. Im talking about my exp on Ika Mafia.
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:50 pm

Post by Mehdi2277 »

Did you change the day/night number? I tried it and got twice as much win wise for day start vs night.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”