Mafia 125: Khan's Game of Mafia (Game Over)

Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #8 (isolation #0) » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:49 pm

Post by Chevre »

Vote: Xalxe
because it's Ex-lax backwards.

nocase, please explain your situation as best as possible; I don't think I can accept what you've given us.
There will be no kisses tonight
There will be no holding hands tonight
'Cause what is now wasn't there before and should not be
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #19 (isolation #1) » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:00 pm

Post by Chevre »

nocase wrote:
chevre wrote:I don't think I can accept
what do you mean?
As in, your explanation for your supposed Post Restriction so far hasn't been satisfactory.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #22 (isolation #2) » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:18 pm

Post by Chevre »

nocase wrote:
Chevre wrote:
nocase wrote:
chevre wrote:I don't think I can accept
what do you mean?
As in, your explanation for your supposed Post Restriction so far hasn't been satisfactory.
yes, i get that, but you're implying that the fact that the unsatisfactory nature of my explanation has further meaning to you. or are you just saying it's unsatisfactory and that's it, no relation to your view of me?
I think that further explanation has meaning to every player in this game. There appears to be no possibility for a post-restriction in this game. You need to explain your restriction; otherwise, people have plenty of reasoning to suspect you.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #25 (isolation #3) » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:28 pm

Post by Chevre »

To be fair, it was a difficult question to answer. I'll summarize how I feel right now without regarding the question.

nocase has claimed that he has a post-restriction. Of course, in a Normal game, I'm immediately suspicious, but I want him to explain his restriction as much as he can. More information and views are better, and the most vital view here is that of the person who claimed such an unbelievable thing.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #27 (isolation #4) » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:34 pm

Post by Chevre »

You may believe your question was straightforward, and I attempted to answer it to the best of my ability.

I voted Xalxe in my first post, and have not unvoted.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #72 (isolation #5) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:54 am

Post by Chevre »

I feel as though the whole post-restriction thing was a hapless and pointless event. Sure it made a semi-interesting start to this game, but it appears to be finished on page three where the participants are like "well we really don't have post restrictions hur hur."

That being said, nocase and inHimshallibe, why would you lie about having a post restriction? Certain philosophies would have you lynched under that statement.

Korlash, I was suspicious of the person claiming to have an "ability" that made no appearance on the list the Moderator gave to us. Yes, I would be suspicious even if he had claimed Paranoid Gun Owner or Unlynchable, but I'm more suspicious because he claimed an ability that was not listed.

Seraphim, of course I assumed he was lying, but he still needs to explain why he did it.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #128 (isolation #6) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:44 am

Post by Chevre »

Xalxe, you seemed to be worried by my vote's presence. I think I shall keep it on you a bit longer.

Seraphim, why exactly did you vote me?

Cyberbob, I have to agree with your stance on iamausername's Post 92. Why in the world would Xalxe want to dictate why she herself was scummy? That being said, iamausername, you need to explain why you believe Xalxe to be scummy.

Er...Xalxe actually did answer iamausername's question. Xalxe, why would you do that?

farside22, when you get the opportunity, I'd like to hear why I'm scummy.

DrippingGoofBall's reaction to Dutch one's post is quite odd. It's as if he's unearthed a truth that DrippingGoofBall just doesn't want to believe.
Jerbs wrote:@Dutch

Are you scum? If not, why are you lying?
I would find this question quite difficult to answer, and here it feels like Jerbs is trying to create an easy target by posing a difficult question to a new poster.

Also, DrippingGoofBall, is the above post a reference to the Backin' Up Song? Because that is what I immediately thought of.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #143 (isolation #7) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:10 pm

Post by Chevre »

DrippingGoofball is still struggling with the newly unearthed truth about her, and therefore votes me. She also points out that Xalxe is new as well, but I have heard of Xalxe before this game, and I explained why my vote remains on Xalxe. If it was not clear enough the first time, Xalxe seemed paranoid about my random vote, so I decided to keep the vote on for a bit longer.

nocase votes me because the last post I made was apparently "indecisive." nocase, please point out an instance in that post where I was indecisive.

inHimshallibe did not explain his vote. Could you do that for me, please?

Jerbs is continuing to be relentless in his pestering of Dutch one. Jerbs, could you answer your own questions? They aren't specific to Dutch one, so I figure I should ask them to you as well.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #146 (isolation #8) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:27 pm

Post by Chevre »

DrippingGoofBall, I have already asked those two why they are voting me.

Jerbs, what was your point of asking a loaded question?
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #148 (isolation #9) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:31 pm

Post by Chevre »

I didn't stop him from answering. I saw the question had suspicious tendencies and I pointed it out.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #150 (isolation #10) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:37 pm

Post by Chevre »

You still haven't explained why that is the case.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #154 (isolation #11) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:49 pm

Post by Chevre »

DrippingGoofball wrote:The case is here:
Torture Chamber

Chevre (blinding us all with Shakespearian English scum-tell, spreading worthless suspicion scum-tell, asking pointless questions scum-tell, reptilian mind scum-tell)
But, case or no case, you're still scum, and you need rope.
Can you go further into detail? I cannot really defend against three to four word case points.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #164 (isolation #12) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:54 pm

Post by Chevre »

For Gorrad:

Dear person who I do not know,

A person who I know as Gorrad has just walked up to you on the street, and handed you a piece (or possibly multiple pieces) of paper, and asks you if you can understand them. Well, Gorrad is not the author of these papers, I am, and I am determined to prove my Town stature by making you understand.

See, me and Gorrad are playing in a game of Mafia. If you are not familiar with the game, I shall present a brief explanation. Mafia was first played in real time. Players sat in a circle, and were dealt cards to determine their role. The basic setup includes an uninformed majority, usually known as "the Town," and an informed minority, usually known as "the Mafia." The game alternates between phases known as Night and Day, during the Night, everyone closes their eyes. However, at some point, the Mafia are allowed to open them and silently discuss who they wish to "kill," or eliminate from the game. Once they have decided, the game moves on eventually to Day, where everyone opens their eyes and the killed player is announced. Now, the players all discuss and attempt to gather enough information to "lynch" a player they believe is Mafia, or eliminate them from the game. This continues until all the Mafia have been eliminated, or enough of the Town has been eliminated so that they may no longer form a majority.

Me and Gorrad are playing a version of this game online, with nineteen other players. We have somehow gotten to a point in the game where Gorrad has inquired that I form opinions on him and three other players in the game, specifically known as "curiouskarmadog," "Cyberbob," and "SpyreX." I will now broadcast my opinions to you, in the hope that you, a stranger on the street who Gorrad has only just met, can understand them.

The player known as "curiouskarmadog" has made 5 posts so far. The first post was what we call a "random vote" to start the game, to give us a point from where we can begin to form true suspicions. His vote was on a player known as "Antihero," who had earlier stated that it seemed impossible for players to have post restrictions (not being able to do certain things with their posts, like "don't use e's") from "the material [the moderator] gave us." curiouskarmadog wanted Antihero to "come clean," as in, fill us in on how he attained such information from the moderator. However, such information was conspicuously available in the first post; therefore, it was fairly obvious to see that curiouskarmadog had intended for a joke. The random voting stage is usually filled with such hilarity. Anyway, the player known as "Cyberbob" appeared not to understand the joke, and this became the subject matter of curiouskarmadog's second post. He asked Cyberbob if he thought that curiouskarmadog (weird sentence structure here I know, but they are both males and I wish to avoid pronoun ambiguity) was being serious. Cyberbob later posted that he was already in "a serious mindset" due to an earlier post by SpyreX, another player I will be covering.

In curiouskarmadog's third post, he analyzes the post of another player, "Dutch one". This player is somewhat new to the site we play Mafia on, so he is still picking up on some common practices we utilize. The practice in question was the Random Voting Stage. Dutch one said he did it, but not as quickly as we had. This was, of course, strange to us because the Random Voting Stage is the first event most players partake in during the duration of a game. curiouskarmadog first asked about this, and then asked about Dutch one's reasonless vote on Gorrad. When a player receives a vote, it moves them one step closer to the lynch. We prefer that players give reasons to accompany their votes, so the question posed here by curiouskarmadog is common enough. curiouskarmadog's fourth post refers to an earlier incident he had with another player, "DrippingGoofBall." This player apparently makes lists in all her games, declaring what she feels to be the "Town players," the "Questionable players," and the "Scum players." (Note: Scum is a somewhat slang term we use for the Mafia.) Anyway, curiouskarmadog asked that he be kept off her "Town list" as apparently last time, "things didn't work to well." I was not in the previous game, so I have no idea what happened, but I assume that curiouskarmadog lost that game. It was most likely not a direct result of being on DrippingGoofBall's "Town List," but it is coincidental anecdote which curiouskarmadog is simply presenting. In fact, in curiouskarmadog's fifth post, he thanks DrippingGoofBall for placing him on her "Scum List." In this post, he also notes someone's snarky retort to DrippingGoofBall, votes Dutch one for ignoring him, and asks me why I didn't provide reasoning for my own vote. I feel that I gave enough reasoning; I kept my vote on a player named "Xalxe" because I when I random voted her, she seemed unnecessarily worried. As for his accusation that Dutch one was ignoring him, it's reasonable because Dutch one did post between curiouskarmadog's third and fifth posts.

So how do I feel about curiouskarmadog, given the above posts? While only five posts is barely enough to judge, I think curiouskarmadog looks Town so far. He has managed to inquire of others without following anyone's already stated points. Though relatively early, I feel as though curiouskarmadog may be a little severe with Dutch one. Everyone has their own way of dealing with new players, though, so we shall see what happens as the game progresses.

I will be stating my opinions on the four players in alphabetical order, so the next player we shall move on to is Cyberbob. Cyberbob's first post deals with an event that happened in the very beginning of the game. The player known as "nocase" stated that he had a post restriction, but this seemed impossible with the information the players were given (this was touched on in the discussion of curiouskarmadog). Cyberbob asked if nocase could elaborate on what his post restriction was. Although at first this may seem incorrect, as I have already stated that it should not be possible for players to have post restrictions given the information, Cyberbob, as well as myself, gave nocase a chance to explain himself. Cyberbob's second post was explained in curiouskarmadog's discussion; Cyberbob was the one who did not fully understand curiouskarmadog's joke. His third post is also related to this matter, clarifying that he had already put himself in a serious mindset. The fourth post came after another player, "inHimshallibe," indicated that he had a post restriction as well. He asked inHimshallibe to elaborate on his post restriction. This whole "post restriction" matter has been deemed untrue and, in my opinion, pointless.

In his fifth post, Cyberbob indicates he has what I believe to be a slight scum read on the player who handed you these sheets, Gorrad. He determined this via the use of a post where Gorrad asked the aforementioned DrippingGoofBall to claim her role. It is at this point that I should explain that while the basic factions of Mafia are Town and Mafia, there are certain other roles that may be utilized during the night. When a player feels it is right to do so, or is in danger of being lynched, they claim, or reveal their role to the public so that other players may know of it. Of course, it is entirely possible for the Mafia to present fake claims, to prevent them from being lynched. Anyway, Gorrad seems to believe that when DrippingGoofBall makes a claim, it turns the game on it's head, and makes it more interesting. While I have no memories of playing a game with DrippingGoofBall where such an event happened, her style so far has indicated that many things she does may turn the game on it's head. Anyway, Cyberbob indicated that it was a gut feeling. Since I myself cannot truly find any scummy points of this post, it appears that Cyberbob and Cyberbob alone truly found something strange in either the structure or the tone of the post in question. Gorrad is also dealt with in Cyberbob's sixth post, which quotes a post where Gorrad voted for himself. Self-voting is usually frowned upon at this site, so it is easy to see why Cyberbob noted this event. Cyberbob didn't know whether Gorrad was joking or not.

In his seventh post, Cyberbob notes many things. He begins with nocase and inHimshallibe both claiming to have post restrictions, as he was still leery of the event. He assumes it was a joke. Next, Cyberbob notes how Dutch one's post structure doesn't sit well with him, and it's going to be hard to figure out his alignment (as in, is he Mafia or Town?). Then, Cyberbob lists many players and their impact so far. He remembers DrippingGoofBall's eccentric posting style from another game, and notes that inHimshallibe is doing a mini-version of the same thing. He also says Gorrad is "annoying" but doesn't know whether it garners four votes (for at that time, four other players were voting for Gorrad) and declares him as a possibly Mafia member. On the flipside, he declares Antihero "town" for no given reason, so we are to assume that he meant the general feel of his posts was in a Town manner. He then notes three other scummy posts, and votes one of the scummy post-makers. The one thing I find glaringly missing from this post is my name. This may sound quite narcissistic but I have been a very visible player in this game so far so it would make sense to at least mention what he thought of me and my posts.

The eighth post of Cyberbob refers to a post made by Dutch one. Being new, Dutch one did not recognize the regular playing style of DrippingGoofBall, so he attacked it. However, to Cyberbob, me, and many other players, it appeared that Dutch one had brought some good points to the table. DrippingGoofBall's habit of making lists and then including herself as Town seemed to put herself on a pedestal above the others, therefore making her semi-invulnerable as nobody wanted to attack her. In his ninth and tenth posts, Cyberbob replies to an unbelieving DrippingGoofBall by saying that while he doesn't think she's scummy for it, what Dutch one said about her was very true and that it wasn't healthy one player to be so afraid of attacking another.

So what do I think of Cyberbob so far? Even though Cyberbob has twice as many posts as curiouskarmadog, he is still a bit neutral. Yes, he is making points upon other players, but I don't feel the same intensity that I feel in curiouskarmadog's posts. Maybe he isn't as determined and dedicated of a player as curiouskarmadog, but I do not feel that is an accurate judgment to make.

Now, it is time we turn our attention to the player who first gave me this assignment: Gorrad. His first post included a random vote for Dutch one. Dutch one hadn't confirmed his status yet, so Gorrad's reasoning was that the moderator would not have to find a replacement player for Dutch one. Also, Gorrad asks DrippingGoofBall to claim, which was already discussed in the section on Cyberbob. In his second post, he gives a link to previous game which had DrippingGoofBall in it, to provide an example for her antics. He also performs the aforementioned self-vote in this post. This is also partially the topic of his third post, where he replies to Cyberbob's inquiry about whether this was a joke or not. Gorrad declares that it was in fact, because "one who has read their Role PM cannot have a gut read on theirself. It was a very odd way to put it, and even after this, Gorrad had not unvoted. In his fourth and fifth posts, Gorrad greets and chats with an old acquaintance, "Korlash." This isn't out of the ordinary, but it doesn't really add anything to the game either, except for that this slightly decreases the chances of Gorrad and Korlash being in the Mafia together. It does not, however, make either one of them more or less scummy.

In his sixth post, Gorrad answers Dutch one's question about the Random Voting Stage with a satirical viewpoint. I, in fact, found it somewhat funny, and didn't see any issues with it. However, it appears someone did find it contentious, as in his next post, Gorrad indicates that he is going to inform players who do not know what the RVS is of it's definition. He then attacks Cyberbob in what seems to me a very weak manner. He says that Cyberbob has been following the crowd and contributing nothing, then saying he's not a hypocrite because he isn't faking contributing nothing. Finally, Gorrad still continues with the "Gorrad is scum" joke, which by now is just stale. In the seventh post, Gorrad declares his suspicion of me, and asks me to do the assignment which you are currently reading. The four people which he picked did seem somewhat out-of-the-ordinary, but in his next post he clarifies why he chose those people. So far, I have found this to be thought-provoking, so I don't really have any quarrels with it.

I haven't really seen much serious content from Gorrad so far. I hope that his seventh post is what he keeps up for the rest of the game, as the "Gorrad is scum" act is useless, trite, and suspiciously odd.

SpyreX, the last of the four I'm supposed to opinionate upon, was the most out-of-the-blue choice. I remembered very little of his gameplay before embarking on this assignment. SpyreX's first post is after nocase claims he has a post restriction. SpyreX votes nocase because there are no abilities available that would seem to encompass a post restriction. While slightly hasty, I must admit it was the same thing I was thinking as well. His second post also deals with this, as he says we should lynch nocase if we do not see another claim of a post restriction, strangely enough, we did, and SpyreX's frustration at inHimshallibe is shown in the next post. SpyreX continues to be confused by the post restriction thing in his fourth and fifth posts. He finally let's it go in his sixth post, where he votes Gorrad for having "six posts of fluff." While I understand the motivation behind some of Gorrad's posts (helping Dutch one wasn't a bad thing to do), the whole self-voting thing was kind of ridiculous and had very little effect on the game. In his next post, SpyreX desires to confirm that nocase and inHimshallibe were lying about their post restrictions. He then explains why he was voting Gorrad; it appears SpyreX was the one who attacked Gorrad's post in which he helps Dutch one. SpyreX declares this as Gorrad trying to go back to the RVS even though the game started in a serious manner. I don't believe Gorrad was trying to do that; instead, he was simplying telling Dutch one what the RVS was. In his penultimate post, SpyreX responds to a question from DrippingGoofBall asking his opinion of Dutch one; SpyreX feels that Dutch one is a newbie who is trying hard and likely isn't scum. SpyreX's final post so far indicates his disapproval of nocase's lie about the post restriction.

I hope that SpyreX finally realizes that the post restriction lies were just that, lies, and he can finally delve into more serious matters. I find his attack on Gorrad's RVS description a bit irrational, but I do believe most of what Gorrad had said so far was fluff.

Well, that's all. I hope you understood; I can only hope you are more capable than me because if someone handed this to me on the street, I'm pretty sure I would be a bit flustered.

Yours Truly, Chevre
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #165 (isolation #13) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:01 pm

Post by Chevre »

I believe that is a decent read; I feel I've presented enough in a voice approachable enough to not bore you. Gorrad, I truly hope you give this to someone on the street.

farside22: Saying "I have a post restriction" when it is seemingly not possible is NOT starting the game. However, I wasn't sure that it was not possible, therefore I had to pry. Plus, if it was a lie, nocase needed to present his reasoning for doing such a thing. In fact, he still needs to do this. I was refering to "Lynch All Liars" when I was talking about "certain philosophies," and I don't believe in that. I also thought I answered Xalxe's question when I said he seemed nervous with my vote on him, so I kept it on there.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #178 (isolation #14) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:26 pm

Post by Chevre »

farside22,
Chevre wrote:I also thought I answered Xalxe's question when
I said he seemed nervous with my vote on him, so I kept it on there
and I can see how nocase's claim may be interpreted as the "start" of the game, it's basically a null matter now and therefore wasn't an effective start to the game if you consider it to be one. Don't you want to know his motivations as to why he made his first post was a lie? I think that while we know the post restriction is not true, I'd like to see why nocase did it, and how he thought it would affect the game in a positive way. If nocase can't answer that, then he shouldn't have had any motivation to do it if he's Town. Yes, I thought there was a considerable chance that it was a lie, but I wasn't going to completely cement it as one immediately, I think it's somewhat foolish to do so, even if the rules seem to favor otherwise. Also, by marginally mentioning Lynch All Liars, I was trying to reinforce that nocase's opening move was extremely risky if he was town, as some who heavily believe in Lynch All Liars would be ready to maintain a vote on him all throughout the day.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #182 (isolation #15) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:55 pm

Post by Chevre »

farside22, yes, I honestly now do think my vote could be relocated. I just keep forgetting to do so, but I will not forget this time.
Unvote. Vote: Jerbs
. Anyway, I have no idea how many games I played here, but I can't say I've kept track of how what they did at the beginning of the game relates to their faction. I don't know if that's a common practice or not, but I do not do it. However, I do know that anything that seems out-of-the-ordinary or not seeming to benefit the town is scummy. I've tried to think of how nocase's lie could be helpful, but I cannot. If you can recommend such a way that it could assist the town, then please do share. With your previous statement, you are bordering along the lines of "The scumtells at the start of games are measurably less valuable than those later on in the game." I surely hope that is not what you're intending, nor do I think you are.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #188 (isolation #16) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:06 pm

Post by Chevre »

That is a true bummer.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #214 (isolation #17) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:26 am

Post by Chevre »

Korlash, If nocase intended for his claim to be a joke, it does not prevent it from being a lie. DrippingGoofBall's claim isn't serious because as you said, it was asked for and we therefore knew that it wasn't likely to be true. nocase, on the other hand, came straight out the gate with an obtuse claim that got reactions out of many players. I'm slowly warming up to it being "the start of the game" though.

Oh yes. I keep forgetting to mention Katsuki's follow-the-leader vote, which was extremely suspicious. Explain your reasons.

RedCoyote, if DrippingGoofball voted for you and gave you those "tells" for reasons, how would you defend against them? Also, I feel Runner was indicated posting content when he said you hadn't posted yet. You had only one post. werewolf555 and Kmd4390 had none however.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #225 (isolation #18) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:56 am

Post by Chevre »

inHimshallibe wrote:Didn't read it, still voting Chevre.
Why didn't you read it? Are you not interested in having the town win, which is most effectively done by the comprehension of all information possible?
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #275 (isolation #19) » Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:12 am

Post by Chevre »

I'm afraid I find the discussion of the ratio of fluff to information to opinion in my large post rather pointless. You cannot expect a person to post pure opinion; and that request was made even more difficult when you consider I was supposedly explaining it to a person on the street. Sure, it may be the case that only twenty percent of that post was what you consider opinion, but it was still six-hundred-eleven words. That's likely more words than many players have posted with their own original thoughts.

Gorrad, I tend to think in alleged "fancy vocabulary" - therefore it is what comes out into the posts.

Katsuki, give me a few reasons why scum would make the post I did, and you also need to explain your vote, which happened prior to my rather large post.

DrippingGoofBall, since you believe so strongly that Jerbs is town, what from his posts gives you that indication? I must not be seeing it, you know, because my vote remains on him.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #296 (isolation #20) » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:29 am

Post by Chevre »

Xalxe, I'm really confused as to how the above post ended with a vote on me; could you please explain?
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #298 (isolation #21) » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:36 am

Post by Chevre »

Xalxe, you don't need to explain it anymore; I reread more deeply. Still, it seems you like far too much of what I'm saying/doing/what's happening to me to warrant a vote.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #361 (isolation #22) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:10 pm

Post by Chevre »

Seraphim, I knew people were going to analyze it aggressively. I feel there is some sort of unseen text-wall-spectrum that, until, a certain gargantuan limit has been reached, most people are going to ignore text-walls. However, mine was easily two or three average text-walls in size, and the amount of pseudo-praise and awe it was receiving meant it was obviously going to be analyzed as well. And when I said "pointless," I was referring to how the percentage (20.something or whatever) was useless; instead, the number of words you feel are "opinion" (611) is a more accurate judgment, but even I must admit that number of words cannot perfectly express the value of the content in that post. EVERYONE needs to read that post and take what they can from it.

Also, I find it funny that at first, you criticize me for asking inHimshallibe to actually read it, and they ask whether I wasn't expecting anyone to read it when I had just specifically asked someone to read it.

nocase, I find that very anti-town of you, to say that Xalxe is not scumhunting and then when he asks you a legitimate question of elaboration, you tell him to stop posting. How is that going to help us?
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #365 (isolation #23) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:33 pm

Post by Chevre »

I will answer your question, farside22, as soon as you answer this one: Are you scum? If not, then why are you lying?

Also, why do you think that, Xalxe? It's only been four hours.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #367 (isolation #24) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:37 pm

Post by Chevre »

Well let's quickly clear that up.

Moderator: If a player has the "Vigilante" ability with the "Day" modifier and decides to use it, would a kill take effect immediately, or not until the end of the day?
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #377 (isolation #25) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:36 pm

Post by Chevre »

I did of course see it, but with what DrippingGoofBall has done so far, I was completely unsure of it's seriousness and left it until the mod handled the affair. Apparently, it wasn't real, so we can now treat it as an almost absurd declaration of DrippingGoofBall's feelings towards Kmd4390.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #382 (isolation #26) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:51 pm

Post by Chevre »

Well farside22, that was the same exact question Jerbs asked to Dutch one, a fairly new player. Even with your experience, your response still sounds fishy. Now imagine a newer player attempting to answer that; they'd be stumbling all over themselves no matter their faction. Jerbs later replied that he the correct answer was "this was a loaded question."

I feel that this was an attempt to locate an easy target by picking out a newbie and asking them a ridiculously tricky question, in hopes of aforementioned stumbling occurring. Jerbs continued his tirade on Dutch one past this incident.

Oh, and let me make another attempt at reacting "properly" to DrippingGoofBall's daykill.

"OH MY GOD DRIPPINGGOOFBALL WHY DID YOU DO THAT THAT WAS SO RASH I DIDNT MENTION ANYTHING AT FIRST BUT THEN I REMEMBERED THAT THIS GAME HAS BEEN SO SRS BSNS SO FAR AND I SHOULDNT HAVE BEEN EXPECTING THAT DAYKILL ATTEMPT TO BE A JOKE WHY DID YOU DO IT DRIPPINGGOOFBALL WHY WHY WHY"
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #473 (isolation #27) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:02 pm

Post by Chevre »

I'm here, but my claim will have to wait about an hour (attendance is required at dinner, you know), because I'm also going to post my opinions as well because it appears my lynch is unpreventable.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #482 (isolation #28) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:13 pm

Post by Chevre »

Sorry about the slight delay. I got sucked into the mystical and wondrous world of Mario Kart Wii, and then had dinner, and now finally, I have to actually write this post.

First, I shall come out and say that I am a Vanilla Townie. There isn't really much more to expand upon that.

However, I also intended for this post to state my full opinion of the game as well, in the event I should be lynched. So here we begin:

The game started out with, and has continued to be infused with far too much humor for my liking. nocase and inHimshallibe's original claims, and DrippingGoofball's mannerisms have caused unnecessary confusion.

I guess now there's nothing left to do but go down the playerlist and outline my thoughts on everyone.

Beginning with werewolf555, his first (and late) post said he was going to reread, but when I see that phrase, I expect some sort of insight from what was reread, but no such analysis was given. His third post in isolation (although the tags are heavily messed up) dictates basic finds that aren't bad, in my opinion. However, in his fifth post, it appears he has only read the first few paragraphs of my post when he made it. Of course those first few paragraphs were not opinion; I was explaining the game of mafia to Gorrad's hypothetical "person on the street." Perhaps it was a touch of snark and sarcasm sneaking into my post, but I included them to complete Gorrad's assignment to the best of my ability. Most of werewolf555's posts following this are short and clippy; however, he does vote me in one, and I agree with whoever said that they believed werewolf knew my alignment already. Here is the post again, for reference:
werewolf555 wrote:So Chevre looks good as a lynch
Aside from being extremely scummy, we will be able to deduce whether Anti-hero is scum from its instant calling of Chevre Town.
tl; dr
one good lynch deserves another

and @ Jerbs
Note that in his structure, werewolf555 doesn't include "or town" following "scum." This appears to me as if he knows I will flip town and trying to set up a lynch. Furthermore, he says "one good lynch deserves another," indicating that even if they do lynch Antihero after I turn up town, BOTH lynches were "good." When he is questioned about this post, he attempts to make a snarky comeback, but it doesn't make sense. Everyone is "getting ready for my 'flip';" My alignment definitely has an impact on the rest of the game. I think he is very likely scum and I will probably switch my vote to him at the end of this post.

Seraphim's third post in isolation confuses me; I interpret it as he intended for the post where he voted me to be some sort of test, and I was the only one who noticed anything suspicious. That is about all I have to say for Seraphim; I believe he is probably town.

In RedCoyote's second post, he responds to Runner's question about the cases on me and Gorrad with another question, and in no way elaborates on said cases, which would have been a pro-town thing to do. However, he did manage to get something useful out of the question. Reading further, I see RedCoyote as one of the more pro-town people. He seems legitimately confused and is making sensible attempts to pick out as much information as possible from the hilarity.

For being so new, Dutch one has said many thought-provoking things. His first real contribution, the discussion of DrippingGoofBall's playstyle, may not have had the effect it needed to, but it most certainly brought it out into the open. I was going to initially say that you won't have to worry about his buddying up to me after I'm lynched, but then I realized that makes him all the more likely to be scum. Let's face it: the consensus appears to think I'm not town, yet Dutch one is either getting something or preparing for an "I told you so" moment on Day 2. Keep an eye on him, but remember what he's said today.

Runner has been particularly lurky; therefore, he may likely be one of the more dangerous people here. Runner, we need to hear more of what your thinking. Could you possibly elaborate on the cases you do understand?

DrippingGoofBall's playstyle is somewhat ridiculous; I don't really want to play with her again. Yes, it may possibly be because she was attacking for the high majority of the game, but she did it in a way that was quite vague. I still believe that she cannot believe the truths Dutch one spoke about her; while it is good advice, it doesn't really have any relevance to whether DrippingGoofBall is scum or town or possibly third-party. Apparently, she isn't trying to lynch me; I don't feel that way and will treat everything as if she is. She refuses to let me defend against her case "points," which themselves are quite ludicrous. It will be interesting to see what DrippingGoofBall does after I'm lynched. I'd tell you to keep your eye on her, but you really shouldn't have any problem with that.

Moving to the complete other end of the spectrum, Kmd4390 really doesn't have any excuse for lurking so long. Even still, she has only one post. And with the time restraints she detailed in that post, she probably should be replaced.

Now that he has dropped the "Gorrad is scum" motif, how has Gorrad been doing? I'd say pretty average. There hasn't been anything solid that has come from Gorrad alone. I would prescribe Gorrad a nice reread and see what he can pick up from there.

Cyberbob has been surprisingly serious, and feels very town. He, like RedCoyote, was initally confused by the post-restriction claims. In his eighteenth post of isolation, he mentions Jerbs as looking lazy, but then quotes the post where inHimshallibe refuses to read my wall post without mentioning anything about it. For what it is worth in speculation, this could be a possible link between them. However, I believe Cyberbob is leaning town at this point.

I've already attacked Jerbs' trick question in his initial post. However, note that Dutch one was the person he first questioned; he hasn't seemed to stray from him for the entirety of his posts. Jerbs, what do you think of, say, farside22, inHiimshallibe, and SpyreX?

I feel that farside22 was also confused in the beginning; however, it was not in the same way that RedCoyote and SpyreX were. She openly admits to incorrectly finding a post scummy. I feel she misinterpreted much of the beginning of the game. Her whole "wacky things at the beginning of the game are always town" statement was kind of the climax. However, I feel farside22 is concentrating more. She is likely town.

SpyreX was probably the most visibly confused by the post-restriction claims. However, I can see reasoning behind every vote. nocase's post restriction didn't seem possible. Gorrad's first posts were rather fluffy. To the rest of you, I would consider following SpyreX's case on Gorrad tomorrow if I'm lynched.

curiouskarmadog has been intriguing. At this point, even I have reconciled and must agree that my first text-wall is not the Holy Grail it could have been. Yet curiouskarmadog is almost worshipping it. There did seem to be a glimmer where he was going to realize his errors, but he hasn't promised it yet. Other than that, he hasn't really built up anything major of his own. Leaning scum actually, if only very slightly.

iamausername is almost lurking at this point. I mean, before this sentence right here, the things I had to say about him only took up one line. His fifth post in isolation had some merit; I'd also recommend a reread to you.

Of course, I noticed Katsuki's reasonless vote on me. Her fourth post in isolation lacks clarity even though it is supposed to answer one of my questions. Apparently, she is getting replaced; therefore, I feel that we can just start anew with her replacement. None of what I've said isn't really scummy if she doesn't stick around. I feel like that is a hard idea to grasp, but it most definitely feels like the correct viewpoint.

After the post restriction debacle concluded, nocase hasn't really been elaborative on anything. Your vote is currently on Xalxe, but you did entertain voting a slew of other people. Could you give us some cases? Your Xalxe vote wasn't even reasoned out.

Unfortunately, I feel as if personal bias for being so heavily targeted on Day 1 by some people is leeching into my views, but I find inHimshallibe remarkably anti-town. He's made many unexplained lists, and refused to read what I may narcissistically believe is both literally and figuratively the biggest post in the game so far. I wouldn't quite say he's scummy; he just is visibly not using the presented information to his full potential.

Xalxe's ninth post of isolations results in everyone not being quite so sure why he's voting me, yet he has been even more aggressive than DrippingGoofBall in lynching me. Posts 26 through 29 in isolation all say "lynch chevre" to some effect without much else. That's not really strong at all. If his true desire is to lynch me, he needs to be reinforcing the reasons for doing so, which he hasn't even fully elaborated upon. Keep an eye on him after I am lynched, it'll be interesting to see what he does and where he turns.

Korlash was quite contentious with farside22, but that whole point has faded away, to some extent. But from this, we can likely assume that Korlash and farside22 are not linked in any way. Anyway, he hasn't really done much after that. You can hop on the rereading rainbow with Gorrad and iamausername.

Finally, Antihero. I do find his early vote on Seraphim kind of misleading; he should have elaborated more his actual target, Seraphim. In fact, he should have elaborated on everyone, and then voted Seraphim. You shouldn't leave any suspicions out, but you should probably give the best explanation to the one you are going to vote for. I can see minor instances where it looked like Antihero has buddied up to me; however, I'd rather we went for Dutch one in that scenario.

In conclusion, I am a vanilla townie, my top suspect is werewolf555, followed by Jerbs, Dutch one for buddying up with me, and curiouskarmadog. inHimshallibe is ridiculously anti-town but not necessarily scummy; a good shot for a vigilante tonight. Keep your eye on DrippingGoofBall and Xalxe tomorrow; I wouldn't be surprised if they scramble upon someone else in a similar fashion today. Get Gorrad, iamausername and Korlash to reread; get nocase and Runner to elaborate on cases.

Unvote; vote werewolf555
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #483 (isolation #29) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:16 pm

Post by Chevre »

That would be why it took me so long; it took me approximately an hour and forty-five minutes.

Also, who cast the L-1 vote? I seemed to have missed it.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #509 (isolation #30) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:51 am

Post by Chevre »

Dutch one, why should I not be lynched? Looking back through your posts once more, you have defended me relentlessly, except for a little suspicion of my first large post, which by then everyone had realized it wasn't the greatest thing ever. You followed my Jerbs vote quite easily. Finally, you seem to know that I am town, when my alignment has not been revealed yet.

SpyreX, I was indicating that if I got lynched today, which I thought was very likely.

Xalxe, at the minimum, that's forty sentences of opinions, and I know there are many instances where I used more than two. If you believe it's so easy, you should try it. In the meantime, you could explain your case on me.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #542 (isolation #31) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:19 pm

Post by Chevre »

farside, here is Dutch one's second post:
Dutch one wrote:Vote: Gorrad.

Sorry I replied a little bit late, I live in a different time-zone and because my computer is broke (he will be replaced in a few days) I couldn't post earlier.

@Gorrad,
I'm new here at this website
but this is already my 5th large game, so I'm not a newbie. And I know what RVS is (usually I'm the only one who uses it and I always have a discussion about it), but you are all using it really quick. I didn't expect that.
And I didn't notice there were more than 3 pages in the thread, I only saw the first one, so what I said about all the votes was a reply to the first page (I can't edit it).
Here is Jerbs' post, which happens only a few hours later:
Jerbs wrote:Heyy....

It's nice to wake up to 5 pages of stuff

Runner wrote:If a post restriction means what I think it means, you just wasted a post.
http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?tit ... estriction

To ask a few questions:

What is your time zone? So people don't blame you for lurking when you've actually been sleeping.
Do you believe that people will do stupid things to try and be smart?

@Dutch

Are you scum? If not, why are you lying?
I feel he seems to be taking advantage of Dutch one's newness to the site with this question. To answer your questions, farside22, I fail to realize how one could not see why this is a scummy event. No matter how Dutch one answers the question, it sets him up to be put under greater scrutiny then he would have been. Now yes, I can see how this can inflict a decent amount of pressure and cause slips, but why ask it to he who appears to be the weakest player in the game? I find that Jerbs took advantage of a newer player in this situation, and it isn't legitimate scumhunting.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #585 (isolation #32) » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:49 pm

Post by Chevre »

nocase, what are some examples of reactions, and what would such reactions indicate?

Katsuki, I'm really confused as to why you replace out of this game because you can't keep up or catch up, and then you replace into another game, where you automatically have to catch up. That may have no pertinence to the game, however.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #713 (isolation #33) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:25 pm

Post by Chevre »

Whew! I haven't posted in a while; I mean once I tried, but my post got deleted and it was just long enough not to try again.

nocase, I understand that you may do what you did habitually, but I'm just curious to see what you got from it. If you did get anything relevant from it in this game, please tell us so we know. Otherwise, I'd like to know what it's capabilities were. Otherwise, all I see is a ridiculous claim that had no benefit in any situation.

curiouskarmadog, I surely hope no one is wanting to eat me. :D

The way in which werewolf555 reacted to farside22 is really suspicious. I believe RedCoyote orates it far better than I ever could in Post 624. In related matters, I actually laughed out loud at werewolf555's Post 663, where he lamely tries to distract the town from him. Actually, werewolf555, if you believe in that strategy, could you analyze the votes for us? That would be a good way to show us your reads, which you said you were going to give us.

PokerFace, my first language is English.

yabbaguy, you need to explain how those things are suspicious.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #778 (isolation #34) » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:16 am

Post by Chevre »

yabbaguy, I've given nocase multiple opportunities to explain why what he did was pro-town. He hasn't. Therefore, I still see it as anti-town. That is a firm stance. It means that until I get further explanation, I don't see how it could help the town in anyway, but it isn't suspicious. Doing something like that would bring heaps of attention upon oneself.

Maybe you can give us your opinion on nocase's post restriction, and whether it was suspicious, anti-town, or otherwise?

Also, I'm sorry if you find that underlined passage "chunky." It's just how I think; It comes through clear as a crystalline bell to me.

Xalxe, saying "lynch Chevre" is not equivalent to what yabbaguy's attempting to say. You never gave much solid reasoning for your vote on me; even when you originally placed the vote, it looked like you were praising me a bit in the same post.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #820 (isolation #35) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:11 am

Post by Chevre »

Kublai Khan wrote:

"Football features two of the worst aspects of American life, violence and committee meetings."
- George F. Wills

The Puppy Bowl, however...
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #985 (isolation #36) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:12 am

Post by Chevre »

It's always best to start the day with a
vote: curiouskarmadog
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #1045 (isolation #37) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:36 pm

Post by Chevre »

curiouskarmadog wrote:this is an interesting set of votes..
DrippingGoofball wrote: VOTE: CKD
Chevre wrote:It's always best to start the day with a
vote: curiouskarmadog
DGB I get, but Chevre???

out of no where and without reason?....maybe you need to go into more detail or are you hoping to hop on this wagon without much notice?

also, would like your thoughts on the Dutch One....
In my "I'm going to be lynched so here's everything" post, I stated that I thought you were leaning scummy ever-so-slightly. That's pretty much my sole reasoning for the vote. I with werewolf555 nked, I was unsure of where to start.

I think if I am lynched/killed before Dutch one, you should immediately lynch Dutch one afterwards. The way he buddied me seemed like scum trying to appear town by saying "I told you so" after I'm lynched. Now with his reaction to the night's events, we know he will do that.
Vote: Dutch one
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #1049 (isolation #38) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:01 pm

Post by Chevre »

You know that was like the easiest vote ever.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #1056 (isolation #39) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:02 am

Post by Chevre »

yabbaguy, I don't really know. I just feel that my lynch would be a super indication that Dutch one is scum.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #1109 (isolation #40) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:49 am

Post by Chevre »

Pokerface, I voted for curiouskarmadog to begin today because I didn't have a solid starting point, and I felt he was slightly scummy before. I'm very convinced that Dutch one is scum; the way he alone defended me on Day 1 when it looked as if I was going to be lynched looked so much like scum buddying to town.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #1135 (isolation #41) » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:21 am

Post by Chevre »

nocase, maybe if you told us why you believe xToXm is scum, we'd be more inclined to listen to your pleas.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #1141 (isolation #42) » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:14 pm

Post by Chevre »

Hmmm, I seem to have missed where we confirmed XtoXm as town.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #1152 (isolation #43) » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:26 pm

Post by Chevre »

Then you shouldn't have any difficulty explaining it again.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #1332 (isolation #44) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:07 pm

Post by Chevre »

Dutch one wrote:@Pokerface, sorry I never answered you about that. I started with pointing out my reads after the nightkills, but it took quite long so I pm'd everything I wrote to myself so I could finish it later. I hope Í'm able to post it today, but I have to walk the entire day with my parents today, so I'm not sure when I've got time for it. But I promise I will post it soon ;)
There are so many instances of subtle Appeal to Emotion in this post it was noticeable. I'm not saying that he lied about what he was doing that day, but I think by specifying exactly what it was instead of saying "I'll be unavailable for the day" was a subconscious way to try to detract suspicion.

Xtoxm's immediate reaction of a vote to Antihero calling him out was very suspicious. It reads as if he'd been seemingly caught, so he retaliated in the harshest way he knew possible.

SpyreX was far too easily pressured by Antihero asking for a vote on either him or Xtoxm. I probably wouldn't have voted either, simply because there was far too little information visible at that time. Xtoxm had said he knew yabbaguy was not dangerous, and Antihero said he was lying.

At first I thought curiouskarmadog's sudden vote on Cyberbob was weird, but then Cyberbob got weirder. It's highly unlikely that asking someone to change how they post is going to merit any success. Also, the majority of the post didn't even have anything to do with the ending vote; therefore, Cyberbob ended up looking considerably edgy.
Kmd4390 wrote:
Unvote, Vote Inhim
This vote change is unsettling. Kmd4390 has been crazily sure that DrippingGoofBall was scum.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #1404 (isolation #45) » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:54 pm

Post by Chevre »

I was going to summarize everyone, but when I got to Dutch one, I realized how INCREDIBLY scummy he is. I feel it's better to focus on him, rather than ISO everyone again.

Point I: Dutch one is entirely too sure that I am town

Exhibit A:
Dutch one, isolation post #6 wrote:Chevre for an example, has been accused a lot. But if you think about it, he has never had many support. He had to defend himself in his own everytime, and he still has a lot of votes against him. I think that if we lynch him, he will just be a townie, because it's just always the same. Someone like Chevre is always lynched in the biginning, and it is almost always town. In the beginning, we are just lynching the person who says something wrong, or who has a lot of enemies (in the game).
Exhibit B:
Dutch one, isolation post #17 wrote:Chevre (so many people are attacking her, and if you look back to earlier in the game, then you see that even more people have been voting for her. Se doesn't have many allies/support so I don't think she is scum. She e is just an example of the "standert" townie that is most often lynched in the first day. And about her "text-walls", yes that is kind of scummie (I'm not going to explain now why I think that is a scummie action) action, but everyone can make a long post, the fact that she made a long text doesn't mean she is definately scum. That whole wagon at her is just crap.
Exhibit C:
Dutch one, isolation post #23 wrote:This whole wagon on Chevre is useless. She is just a townie, you will see if she dies.
This is the first time Dutch one is entirely certain.

Point II: Dutch one recognizes WIFOM, but ends up using it to beef up his cases.

Exhibit A:
Dutch one, isolation post #11 wrote:Look at his [Jerbs] posts, and you will see that everything he does has to do with me. If you look at all his posts, then you will know he acts extremely scummie.
And something else, even if he is a townie, then what? We don't loose anything, he hasn't done anything good for the town. The only thing he does is a rediculous hunt to lynch me. IMO, if he is scum, then we can say "yes, we got one!" and if he appears to be a townie we can say "what a shame he is a townie... well, at least we don't loose anything important, so it's okay". If he is a townie, then he is a town idiot.
Exhibit B:
Dutch one, isolation post #14 wrote:Sorry DGB, but that doesn't make sense. Just look at all his posts and everything you find is scummie or atleast something a town idiot would do. I don't see anything he posted yet that convinces me he isn't scum. And even if he is a townie, I don't think his death will harm the town. So he is a safe choice in my opinion
Dutch one is extremely incorrect in saying that, even if Jerbs is town, we lose nothing. Jerbs, if was lynched and was town, the gap between the number of scum and number of town would decrease. Dutch one here appears to be almost advocating a policy lynch. I may not know where your thoughts lie on policy lynches, but I disagree with this one especially.

Point III: Dutch one has contradicted himself

First, refer to Point I, and examine how much Dutch one tried to stop me from being lynched. Remember that I was up to L-1 for some point.

Exhibit A:
Dutch one, isolation post #35 wrote:Just vote WW and we'll see who has been right. But there is just no way there is going to be a Spyrex, Gorrad, KMD, Seraphim, Xalce... etc. lynch today.
Exhibit B:
Dutch one, isolation post #36 wrote:true, there are to many people who are sticking with their votes on WW (including me), there is no way someone else will be lynched at the end of the day. So please stop acting so extremely cockey, WW will be lynched. Learn to live with it...So please let this day end, just vote WW, he is the most suspicious candidate, and he is going to be lynched anyway
I will simply not believe that Dutch one believed that the werewolf555 lynch was far less inevitable than mine ever was. It appears that since the person he is voting is actually the leading bandwagon, everyone must go with it. However, when I was nearing lynch or even at L-1, Dutch one certainly didn't "live with it."
Exhibit C:
Dutch one, isolation post #39 wrote:alright.. the WW-wagon is death now (while he never defended himself with good arguments). I will probably vote him again tomorrow, but he isn't going to be todays lynch anymore. I would've prefered to see a WW lynch, but Gorrad was either at my possible scum list, so I'm fine with a Gorrad-lynch as well.
So for some reason, I thought that werewolf555
was
the Day 1 lynch, and then I saw this. Even after Dutch one said werewolf555's lynch was inevitable, he switches. This actually seems like a subtle wagon hop.

Point IV: The Day 2 reaction

Exhibit A:
[quote="Dutch one, isolation post #41]Crap! We lost a doctor. well, at least Xalxe is gone. But I'm quite disappointed that both Gorrad and Werewolf turned out to be VT's.[/quote]
What have I learned from this post? Nothing I didn't already know from Kublai Khan's earlier posts. Furthermore, this post (and the next few posts) provide absolutely nothing in the way of analysis. Therefore, the post was entirely unnecessary.

Point V: A subtle Appeal to Emotion

Exhibit A:
[quote="Dutch one, isolation post #49]@Pokerface,
sorry
I never answered you about that. I started with pointing out my reads after the nightkills, but it took quite long so I pm'd everything I wrote to myself so I could finish it later. I hope Í'm able to post it today, but
I have to walk the entire day with my parents today
, so I'm not sure when I've got time for it. But I promise I will post it soon ;)[/quote]
Three things jumped out to me as appeals to emotion. First, the (bolded first) sorry is the easiest, it's just kind of a "please don't be mad, I'm really trying, can't you see?" as the rest of that post carries on. The second thing is the (bolded second) useless details. Dutch one could've simply said, "I'll be unable to post today," but he went even further by not only telling us what he was doing, but making it sound awful (at least, walking the entire day with one's parents sounds awful to me). Finally, the winky emoticon. It's just unnecessary, it's not supplementing a snarky joke or bit of sarcasm. I almost feel like it could be subconsciously linking Dutch one and PokerFace.

Other Points

Dutch one's reasoning for DrippingGoofBall not being dead does not make sense. DrippingGoofball, was seen as a prominent player, but he still received his fair share of suspicion.

While Dutch one accuses of me of suddenly dropping my accusations, he's flipping from "Chevre is a townie for sure" to "Chevre is suspicious." In fact, almost everything in Dutch one's last post is suspecting of me.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #1405 (isolation #46) » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:56 pm

Post by Chevre »

I was going to summarize everyone, but when I got to Dutch one, I realized how INCREDIBLY scummy he is. I feel it's better to focus on him, rather than ISO everyone again.

Point I: Dutch one is entirely too sure that I am town

Exhibit A:
Dutch one, isolation post #6 wrote:Chevre for an example, has been accused a lot. But if you think about it, he has never had many support. He had to defend himself in his own everytime, and he still has a lot of votes against him. I think that if we lynch him, he will just be a townie, because it's just always the same. Someone like Chevre is always lynched in the biginning, and it is almost always town. In the beginning, we are just lynching the person who says something wrong, or who has a lot of enemies (in the game).
Exhibit B:
Dutch one, isolation post #17 wrote:Chevre (so many people are attacking her, and if you look back to earlier in the game, then you see that even more people have been voting for her. Se doesn't have many allies/support so I don't think she is scum. She e is just an example of the "standert" townie that is most often lynched in the first day. And about her "text-walls", yes that is kind of scummie (I'm not going to explain now why I think that is a scummie action) action, but everyone can make a long post, the fact that she made a long text doesn't mean she is definately scum. That whole wagon at her is just crap.
Exhibit C:
Dutch one, isolation post #23 wrote:This whole wagon on Chevre is useless. She is just a townie, you will see if she dies.
This is the first time Dutch one is entirely certain.

Point II: Dutch one recognizes WIFOM, but ends up using it to beef up his cases.

Exhibit A:
Dutch one, isolation post #11 wrote:Look at his [Jerbs] posts, and you will see that everything he does has to do with me. If you look at all his posts, then you will know he acts extremely scummie.
And something else, even if he is a townie, then what? We don't loose anything, he hasn't done anything good for the town. The only thing he does is a rediculous hunt to lynch me. IMO, if he is scum, then we can say "yes, we got one!" and if he appears to be a townie we can say "what a shame he is a townie... well, at least we don't loose anything important, so it's okay". If he is a townie, then he is a town idiot.
Exhibit B:
Dutch one, isolation post #14 wrote:Sorry DGB, but that doesn't make sense. Just look at all his posts and everything you find is scummie or atleast something a town idiot would do. I don't see anything he posted yet that convinces me he isn't scum. And even if he is a townie, I don't think his death will harm the town. So he is a safe choice in my opinion
Dutch one is extremely incorrect in saying that, even if Jerbs is town, we lose nothing. Jerbs, if was lynched and was town, the gap between the number of scum and number of town would decrease. Dutch one here appears to be almost advocating a policy lynch. I may not know where your thoughts lie on policy lynches, but I disagree with this one especially.

Point III: Dutch one has contradicted himself

First, refer to Point I, and examine how much Dutch one tried to stop me from being lynched. Remember that I was up to L-1 for some point.

Exhibit A:
Dutch one, isolation post #35 wrote:Just vote WW and we'll see who has been right. But there is just no way there is going to be a Spyrex, Gorrad, KMD, Seraphim, Xalce... etc. lynch today.
Exhibit B:
Dutch one, isolation post #36 wrote:true, there are to many people who are sticking with their votes on WW (including me), there is no way someone else will be lynched at the end of the day. So please stop acting so extremely cockey, WW will be lynched. Learn to live with it...So please let this day end, just vote WW, he is the most suspicious candidate, and he is going to be lynched anyway
I will simply not believe that Dutch one believed that the werewolf555 lynch was far less inevitable than mine ever was. It appears that since the person he is voting is actually the leading bandwagon, everyone must go with it. However, when I was nearing lynch or even at L-1, Dutch one certainly didn't "live with it."
Exhibit C:
Dutch one, isolation post #39 wrote:alright.. the WW-wagon is death now (while he never defended himself with good arguments). I will probably vote him again tomorrow, but he isn't going to be todays lynch anymore. I would've prefered to see a WW lynch, but Gorrad was either at my possible scum list, so I'm fine with a Gorrad-lynch as well.
So for some reason, I thought that werewolf555
was
the Day 1 lynch, and then I saw this. Even after Dutch one said werewolf555's lynch was inevitable, he switches. This actually seems like a subtle wagon hop.

Also, in Dutch one's last post, while Dutch one accuses of me of suddenly dropping my accusations and switching to him, he's flipping from "Chevre is a townie for sure" to "Chevre is suspicious." In fact, almost everything in Dutch one's last post is suspecting of me.

Point IV: The Day 2 reaction

Exhibit A:
[quote="Dutch one, isolation post #41]Crap! We lost a doctor. well, at least Xalxe is gone. But I'm quite disappointed that both Gorrad and Werewolf turned out to be VT's.[/quote]
What have I learned from this post? Nothing I didn't already know from Kublai Khan's earlier posts. Furthermore, this post (and the next few posts) provide absolutely nothing in the way of analysis. Therefore, the post was entirely unnecessary.

Point V: A subtle Appeal to Emotion

Exhibit A:
[quote="Dutch one, isolation post #49]@Pokerface,
sorry
I never answered you about that. I started with pointing out my reads after the nightkills, but it took quite long so I pm'd everything I wrote to myself so I could finish it later. I hope Í'm able to post it today, but
I have to walk the entire day with my parents today
, so I'm not sure when I've got time for it. But I promise I will post it soon ;)[/quote]
Three things jumped out to me as appeals to emotion. First, the (bolded first) sorry is the easiest, it's just kind of a "please don't be mad, I'm really trying, can't you see?" as the rest of that post carries on. The second thing is the (bolded second) useless details. Dutch one could've simply said, "I'll be unable to post today," but he went even further by not only telling us what he was doing, but making it sound awful (at least, walking the entire day with one's parents sounds awful to me). Finally, the winky emoticon. It's just unnecessary, it's not supplementing a snarky joke or bit of sarcasm. I almost feel like it could be subconsciously linking Dutch one and PokerFace.

Other Points

Dutch one's reasoning for DrippingGoofBall not being dead does not make sense. DrippingGoofball, was seen as a prominent player, but he still received his fair share of suspicion.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #1407 (isolation #47) » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:04 pm

Post by Chevre »

Oh wow, I did not mean to post that twice.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #1417 (isolation #48) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:03 am

Post by Chevre »

Kmd4390 wrote:Chevre, you should claim to hurry this up.
I already claimed on Day 1. I am a vanilla townie.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #2382 (isolation #49) » Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:04 am

Post by Chevre »

Popping in to say that my short-lived time in this game was fun, and I found RedCoyote to be an extremely good player. :D

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”