Mafia 125: Khan's Game of Mafia (Game Over)

curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:59 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

farside22 wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:
farside22 wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:OMG, I have been here for years...and that post was the longest I have ever read...firm stances and opinions...and lots of content...town or really ballsy scum...got to be town.

CKD is on my scum list officially.
why is that?...because I like someone who provides stances?
Because you ignore the case on cheve and call her town based on one long post. Most of here post was a waste of repeating what everyone stated and only saying one person was town with no real read on anyone else.
well consider that my first real read..it is still earlier yet...and as you should know, I value actions over words....but I value words of nothing at all....she might have repeated, but at least she gave us something...

as to opinions of others....are you certian that I havent?...trying to figure out if you are misrepresenting me on purpose or missed my posts.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:03 am

Gorrad wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:OMG, I have been here for years...and that post was the longest I have ever read...firm stances and opinions...and lots of content...town or really ballsy scum...got to be town.
CKD, money where your mouth is time. Point out where the firm stances and opinions are.
come on gorrad...you really dont see any stances or opinions if that post?...I mean I can break it down...but there are definately opinions there.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:12 am

Korlash wrote: You actually allude to games you've played with DGB as evidence that scum wouldn't act abnormal at the start of the game? You honestly think DGB's role reflects how she acts for the first 5 or so pages? And what defines putting their neck on the line? I can't think of any action short of claiming to be mafia you can do page one that would actually give you fear of being lynched right then and there. Hell half the game is off doing their own stuff for the first two pages you could probably get away with claiming to be scum.
Unvote:, Vote: farside22

I would say almost everyone actively posting has done something moronic or crazy, and while the possibility exists that only the town are actually playing the game at the moment, I find it more likely that your theory here is wrong.
QFT
Dutch one wrote: @DGB, you are ding exactly the same as Jerbs does. Suddenly you call me town, because of what? In the hope that I stop attacking you in return? Sorry, but you are the most suspicious person in my eyes......

.....And DGB, the problem with you is, that no matter how many times I accuse you, you always get away with it. While you are one of the most suspicious persons in this game.
So I'm keeping my vote for you
you obviously have never played with DGB before..her opinion can change on you in a heart beat, for little to know reason...well I should say little or no reason that I understand. I actually think I got a pretty decent read on DGB (though a current game that is almost done will solidify that meta). She has done anything yet that screams DGBscum...I suggest you go meta a couple dgb games (not the whole game just the first 10 pages or so) then come back and tell me what you discovered.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Dutch one
Dutch one
Goon
Dutch one
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:39 am

Post by Dutch one »

@CKD, I guess you are right about that. It can't hurt to look at games players played earlier ;) So I'll do that (when I have time, I have to write an essay now..)
And something else, why are you still voting for me? Do you still think I am scum because I answered one of your questions a bit late..?
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:54 am

edit my last...she HASNT done anything that screams scum....

my vote isnt solely on you becasue you answered my question "late"....I am not sure you intended to answer the question at all until I called you out for it...I find your attack on DGB scummy, especially not going to check other games, after so many people hinted that she normally plays this way..again, i had to press you a little harder to get you to something.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Jerbs
Jerbs
Goon
Jerbs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:04 am

Post by Jerbs »

quick read, stuff from memory

@Dutch

I don''t think I said "I no longer have suspicion of Dutch One"

I'll be back LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
"Those that hammer others are called scum. But I think those who lurk and refrain from voting are worse than scum. If I'm going to be called scum either way, I'd rather hammer! And if that's not being a proper Mafia player, then I'll destroy that idea!"
V/LA on most weekends
Dutch one
Dutch one
Goon
Dutch one
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:09 am

Post by Dutch one »

Why should I be scum? I mean, I was in a perfect position, I was safe for lynching etc., a lot of people agreed that I was a towie. Then, lets pretend I am scum, why should I go on with accusing, why should I risk my save status? If I was scum, then I would've been really content with the position I was in. So why should I ever risk that?? If I was scum, then that was the most stupid thing I could've done.
I don't really see how you can relate that to being scum... and I
did
say I was going to check DGB's former games, just check my last post. And I'm not doing this because there is a lot of pressure on me (one vote is not that much pressure :)), I will check it because it's just a good idea. I mean, it can't harm and that way I can get a better image of other people. And I'm not only going to do this with DGB, I will check other people's former games as well :wink:
Dutch one
Dutch one
Goon
Dutch one
Goon
Goon

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:15 am

Post by Dutch one »

@ Jerbs, to wich sentence are you replying to? It seems a bit random..

Jerbs, I looked at all the posts you made this time. You popped into the game very late, you inmediatly accuse me, and in any other post you made, everything you said was about me. You've never talked about something else.. You are targeting me based at one single post... I don't see your point. Can you explain to me (with real evidence) why it is so important for you to get me lynched?
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:54 am

Post by iamausername »

Chevre wrote:Cyberbob, I have to agree with your stance on iamausername's Post 92. Why in the world would Xalxe want to dictate why she herself was scummy?
The theory goes like this:

A town player, asked to examine their own play and try to reason out what they could possibly have done to merit suspicion would approach the question from a very different perspective than a scum player, because the scum player knows the suspicion is justified, while the town player knows it is not.

I was also hoping to illicit some kind of reaction from farside, since she should find the above paragraph rather familiar. But it looks like she's missed or ignored the whole thing.
Chevre wrote:That being said, iamausername, you need to explain why you believe Xalxe to be scummy.
If you say so. I'm actually not so suspicious of Xalxe any more, his response when I asked him to produce a case on himself looks more like a town response.

As for where the suspicion came from in the first place, here is Xalxe's first post in the thread:
Xalxe wrote:
Kublai Khan wrote:Deadline added to OP (5 weeks).

Also, Xalxe PMed me that he will be V/LA until 1/23 (Sunday).
But since I have no school today, I'm here for a bit.

So, thoughts on the 4 pages so far:

nocase and InHim: WTF? Don't fakeclaim post restrictions. Had I been around, I'd have voted nocase instantly. I still haven't really seen reasoning behind the fakeclaims.
DGB: DEAR GOD NOT AGAIN--er, hey there, how you doin?
Korlash: Nice to see you again. I really mean that I knew you existed and then disappeared, so hi.
Dutch one: I really, for your sake, hope you can keep up with this shit. It gets crazy fast.
Chevre: is there anywhere better your vote could be right now?
SpyreX: could you explain the Gorrad vote?

P-EDIT: DGB, I'm camping 2 hours away, hence v/la.
"Had I been around I'd have voted nocase instantly" - What was stopping him from voting nocase here? He says himself that he hasn't seen any reason for nocase/inHim's fake PRs, so if they would have earned a vote when they were made, why don't they earn a vote now?

Also, he asks Chevre if there's anywhere better he could put his vote, but Xalxe isn't using his vote at all, so maybe he should remove the plank of wood from his own eye.

Could someone maybe summarise the parts of Chevre's ridiciulous post that are actually relevant and not explaining how the game of mafia works? I already know how the game of mafia works. That post was like the most tl;dr thing I've ever seen.
Seraphim wrote:poofling lol
sounds like a miniature homosexual.
Chevre wrote:However, I do know that anything that seems out-of-the-ordinary or not seeming to benefit the town is scummy.

In other news, Dutch is super town. RedCoyote is good people too.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:55 am

Post by iamausername »

Whoever posts next, please explain in nine words or more why you are not voting Antihero.

tia
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:12 am

Post by farside22 »

iamausername wrote:Whoever posts next, please explain in nine words or more why you are not voting Antihero.

tia

I'm not voting him so I can't explain the case on him.

I now have a catch up post

Cyber: Why are you defending antihereo and speaking for him here
inhim post 33 I had that same gut feel the first read thru as well.
inhim post 46 why did bob seem town in that post?
cyber:post 51 welcome to my scum list. Really Gorrad votes himself and your confused? Seriously?
RC post 58 is useless fluff at this point
Iamauserpst 67 IGMEOU. You can post better reason's then this.
xalxe post 81 Some questions but no vote and nothing much of use added.
I'm going to say the back and forth between DGB and xalxe has xalxe raising scum points.
He is arguing with DGB even though he knows her style this reads as scared scum (see page 4)
cyber wrote:Still pretty leery of inHim backing up nocase's joke about having a post restriction, I mean it probably was a joke but it came right in that weird transition phase from the RVS to serious posting time. I also predict many headaches from reading Dutch one's posts; it seems like he's going to be a tricky one to get a read on with so much chaff already being thrown up in the phrasing of his posts.
SCUM!!!!!
This post coming from someone who has played with people like Jack and DGB and questions weirdness from others.
cyber wrote:I don't think you're scummy for it but, intentional or not, it does kind of create that feeling of "oh gosh I can't challenge DGB what if she ~spontaneously turns on me~" in other people's minds. Not always the healthiest thing.
She does this every game why are you questioning it and pointing it out in this game?
post 160 from Sera way to say a whole lot of nothing.
Sera is basically repeating what others have stated already.
@Chevre why are you voting for Jerbs?
korlash wrote: I would say almost everyone actively posting has done something moronic or crazy, and while the possibility exists that only the town are actually playing the game at the moment, I find it more likely that your theory here is wrong.
Please link me to a game that scum started off page one doing something mornic, crazy or off the cuff then because as I stated I have never seen scum do it.
Does it mean auto-town and clear. No someone one day who is mafia could be ballsy enough but I have seen scum buckle under pressure more often then not.

so Korlash your voting for me based on an opinion I have developed playing mafia here at MS? Is that really the full case?
As for you DGB question I have never seen her come out of the games and do something mornic as scum.
ckdpost 200 You leaned more town on Cheve in the post you quoted based on lots of content how is that misrepresenting you?
CKD: Please link a game where you saw scum come out of the gate at the start of the game on page 1 doing something something moronic or crazy.

In short Sera, and cyber or the scummiest. I still get this CKD not reading and floating by attitude I don't like. No strong stance on anyone as scum sets my scumdar up. Xalxe is on my scum list for providing nothing of interest in the game and no scum hunting just a few questions.
Chevre I find fluff. Repeating everything said and not having a stance on a player doesn't really impress me in the least. However 2 others are much more scummy.

Unvote:
Vote: Seraphim
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:13 am

Post by Cyberbob »

iamausername wrote:Whoever posts next, please explain in nine words or more why you are not voting Antihero.

tia
If your case on Anti is what I think it is though then yes I would definitely say there is something there - he's pushed all the wrong buttons in terms of declaring people obvtown as well as going after Korlash and Seraphim without even trying to explain his votes and opinions. I think I'm convincing myself a little here but I do want to push some of Gorrad's buttons for the time being at least.

What are your thoughts on Gorrad and CKD?
tread softly because you tread on my dreams
daddy's little girl ain't a girl no more
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:18 am

Post by Cyberbob »

farside you're going on a lot about what I "should" know but what you fail to realise that it's been a very long time since I've played a game with any of these people - my other ongoing game that I died in is my first game anywhere on this site (or any other site) in nearly a year. Believe it or not I don't actually have a perfect memory of mafia, and while I do remember that DGB is an eccentric player I've gone and formed a few new opinions on things. Utterly inconceivable, I know. But there it is.
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:22 am

Post by farside22 »

Cyberbob wrote:farside you're going on a lot about what I "should" know but what you fail to realise that it's been a very long time since I've played a game with any of these people - my other ongoing game that I died in is my first game anywhere on this site (or any other site) in nearly a year. Believe it or not I don't actually have a perfect memory of mafia, and while I do remember that DGB is an eccentric player I've gone and formed a few new opinions on things. Utterly inconceivable, I know. But there it is.
I haven't played with DGB in at least over 6 months. I would have to look to see when our last game actually was, but she clearly remembers how I am with her and I clearly remember how she was.
And yes I have many things going on in my life but people I played with who stand out and I don't need to look meta for is a blessing right now.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:26 am

Post by Chevre »

Korlash, If nocase intended for his claim to be a joke, it does not prevent it from being a lie. DrippingGoofBall's claim isn't serious because as you said, it was asked for and we therefore knew that it wasn't likely to be true. nocase, on the other hand, came straight out the gate with an obtuse claim that got reactions out of many players. I'm slowly warming up to it being "the start of the game" though.

Oh yes. I keep forgetting to mention Katsuki's follow-the-leader vote, which was extremely suspicious. Explain your reasons.

RedCoyote, if DrippingGoofball voted for you and gave you those "tells" for reasons, how would you defend against them? Also, I feel Runner was indicated posting content when he said you hadn't posted yet. You had only one post. werewolf555 and Kmd4390 had none however.
There will be no kisses tonight
There will be no holding hands tonight
'Cause what is now wasn't there before and should not be
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:29 am

Post by farside22 »

Did a search and this was the last game I played with DGB. I had to replace out do to the fact that they took the site away from me at work and it was hard to long online. We were both scum in this game.
http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=13976
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:29 am

Post by Cyberbob »

farside22 wrote:I haven't played with DGB in at least over 6 months. I would have to look to see when our last game actually was, but she clearly remembers how I am with her and I clearly remember how she was.
And yes I have many things going on in my life but people I played with who stand out and I don't need to look meta for is a blessing right now.
I'm not you. Please don't project your own mafia experiences and memories onto me and tell me what I should and should not remember. Thanks.
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:14 am

Post by Antihero »

RC, what are you babbling about?

Any vote on Jerbs is wasted because he's one of the most townish players alive.

How am I not trying to explain my opinions, Cyberbob? I thought I gave some pretty concise explanations for those two votes.
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:15 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Didn't read it, still voting Chevre.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:17 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

farside22 wrote:

CKD is on my scum list officially.
:goodposting:
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:24 am

Post by Cyberbob »

Anti: Well, I'll agree with you as far as "concise" goes.
Antihero wrote:It's fun to watch scum fail.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Korlash
Antihero wrote:What would the response have been? And talking to Chevre about what? You made this craptacular post that didn't say anything but was disguised as content.
Antihero wrote:Xalxe is obviously town. As is Chevre. If you want reasons for these, you're just SOL. P. Edit: Actually, Seraphims poo fling at Chevre is probably the reason for me thinking she's town. As for Xalxe, diction of his posts.

Seraphim, on the other hand, is scum. If you don't believe me, read post 69; it's a doozy.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Seraphim

Another P. Edit: I now hate IAUN, too.
Unfortunately we do kind of need a just a
little
bit more than that.
Unvote, Vote: Antihero
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:27 am

Post by Cyberbob »

Jerbs is looking pretty lazy as well from where I'm sitting.
inHimshallibe wrote:Didn't read it, still voting Chevre.
What are your thoughts on Gorrad and Antihero?
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:32 am

Post by Antihero »

Cyberbob post 96 wrote: - antihero is totally town
N.B. - This was
after
the posts Bob quoted. So, either he wasn't really paying attention before or....what? As for the explanations, a sketchy vote on a popular target is a pretty solid scumtell to me. I'm not sure what more you want.

Also, there are plenty of lazy people on this site. Jerbs isn't one of them. Try again.
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:35 am

Post by Cyberbob »

Antihero wrote:
Cyberbob post 96 wrote: - antihero is totally town
N.B. - This was
after
the posts Bob quoted. So, either he wasn't really paying attention before or....what? As for the explanations, a sketchy vote on a popular target is a pretty solid scumtell to me. I'm not sure what more you want.
After the misunderstanding with Korlash I went back and took another look. So yeah it was kind of a lack of attention plus just not really connecting the dots.
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:35 am

Post by Cyberbob »

Antihero wrote:Also, there are plenty of lazy people on this site. Jerbs isn't one of them. Try again.
I'll believe it when I see it.
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”