Mafia 125: Khan's Game of Mafia (Game Over)

Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:23 pm

Post by Gorrad »

And yet you're the one who repeats what I say in a mocking tone to make me look stupid then continue to insinuate it's scummy without any actual explanation for it.

Tell me, which is scummier: Me acknowledging what DGB's doing in a quick, quiet way, or you announcing to the world what the play is. Tell me exactly what my motive as scum would be to make my last post. Because if you're scum with Chevre, it would be in your best interest to make sure Chevre knows it's a claim-wagon.
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:46 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

17 minutes to hammer.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:08 pm

tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap tap
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:16 pm

OK, we can lynch now, Chevre is taking too long looking up roles in the wiki.

werewolf555
werewolf555
Goon
werewolf555
Goon
Goon

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:54 pm

Post by werewolf555 »

DrippingGoofball wrote:OK, we can lynch now, Chevre is taking too long looking up roles in the wiki.
-completely agrees
I'm not dead yet
"Sens: Please rearrange Werewolf and Mist into a scumteam so we can policy lynch." -GreyICE
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:00 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

Fell asleep when we were at L-2, woke up at L-1.

I'm sure there's a perfectly rational explanation for the claim taking so long~
tread softly because you tread on my dreams
daddy's little girl ain't a girl no more
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:05 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

Sorry, had a really busy day today. Checked activity, everyone is in tolerance ranges. With the following exceptions:
  • I'm working on a replacement for Katsuki.
  • Prodding KMD4390
  • Runner posted in the other game I'm modding that he was having problems with Internet as well as some sort of sickness. Will prod 1/28.
  • curiouskarmadog is V/LA until 1/30.
That is all.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:13 pm

Post by Chevre »

Sorry about the slight delay. I got sucked into the mystical and wondrous world of Mario Kart Wii, and then had dinner, and now finally, I have to actually write this post.

First, I shall come out and say that I am a Vanilla Townie. There isn't really much more to expand upon that.

However, I also intended for this post to state my full opinion of the game as well, in the event I should be lynched. So here we begin:

The game started out with, and has continued to be infused with far too much humor for my liking. nocase and inHimshallibe's original claims, and DrippingGoofball's mannerisms have caused unnecessary confusion.

I guess now there's nothing left to do but go down the playerlist and outline my thoughts on everyone.

Beginning with werewolf555, his first (and late) post said he was going to reread, but when I see that phrase, I expect some sort of insight from what was reread, but no such analysis was given. His third post in isolation (although the tags are heavily messed up) dictates basic finds that aren't bad, in my opinion. However, in his fifth post, it appears he has only read the first few paragraphs of my post when he made it. Of course those first few paragraphs were not opinion; I was explaining the game of mafia to Gorrad's hypothetical "person on the street." Perhaps it was a touch of snark and sarcasm sneaking into my post, but I included them to complete Gorrad's assignment to the best of my ability. Most of werewolf555's posts following this are short and clippy; however, he does vote me in one, and I agree with whoever said that they believed werewolf knew my alignment already. Here is the post again, for reference:
werewolf555 wrote:So Chevre looks good as a lynch
Aside from being extremely scummy, we will be able to deduce whether Anti-hero is scum from its instant calling of Chevre Town.
tl; dr
one good lynch deserves another

and @ Jerbs
Note that in his structure, werewolf555 doesn't include "or town" following "scum." This appears to me as if he knows I will flip town and trying to set up a lynch. Furthermore, he says "one good lynch deserves another," indicating that even if they do lynch Antihero after I turn up town, BOTH lynches were "good." When he is questioned about this post, he attempts to make a snarky comeback, but it doesn't make sense. Everyone is "getting ready for my 'flip';" My alignment definitely has an impact on the rest of the game. I think he is very likely scum and I will probably switch my vote to him at the end of this post.

Seraphim's third post in isolation confuses me; I interpret it as he intended for the post where he voted me to be some sort of test, and I was the only one who noticed anything suspicious. That is about all I have to say for Seraphim; I believe he is probably town.

In RedCoyote's second post, he responds to Runner's question about the cases on me and Gorrad with another question, and in no way elaborates on said cases, which would have been a pro-town thing to do. However, he did manage to get something useful out of the question. Reading further, I see RedCoyote as one of the more pro-town people. He seems legitimately confused and is making sensible attempts to pick out as much information as possible from the hilarity.

For being so new, Dutch one has said many thought-provoking things. His first real contribution, the discussion of DrippingGoofBall's playstyle, may not have had the effect it needed to, but it most certainly brought it out into the open. I was going to initially say that you won't have to worry about his buddying up to me after I'm lynched, but then I realized that makes him all the more likely to be scum. Let's face it: the consensus appears to think I'm not town, yet Dutch one is either getting something or preparing for an "I told you so" moment on Day 2. Keep an eye on him, but remember what he's said today.

Runner has been particularly lurky; therefore, he may likely be one of the more dangerous people here. Runner, we need to hear more of what your thinking. Could you possibly elaborate on the cases you do understand?

DrippingGoofBall's playstyle is somewhat ridiculous; I don't really want to play with her again. Yes, it may possibly be because she was attacking for the high majority of the game, but she did it in a way that was quite vague. I still believe that she cannot believe the truths Dutch one spoke about her; while it is good advice, it doesn't really have any relevance to whether DrippingGoofBall is scum or town or possibly third-party. Apparently, she isn't trying to lynch me; I don't feel that way and will treat everything as if she is. She refuses to let me defend against her case "points," which themselves are quite ludicrous. It will be interesting to see what DrippingGoofBall does after I'm lynched. I'd tell you to keep your eye on her, but you really shouldn't have any problem with that.

Moving to the complete other end of the spectrum, Kmd4390 really doesn't have any excuse for lurking so long. Even still, she has only one post. And with the time restraints she detailed in that post, she probably should be replaced.

Now that he has dropped the "Gorrad is scum" motif, how has Gorrad been doing? I'd say pretty average. There hasn't been anything solid that has come from Gorrad alone. I would prescribe Gorrad a nice reread and see what he can pick up from there.

Cyberbob has been surprisingly serious, and feels very town. He, like RedCoyote, was initally confused by the post-restriction claims. In his eighteenth post of isolation, he mentions Jerbs as looking lazy, but then quotes the post where inHimshallibe refuses to read my wall post without mentioning anything about it. For what it is worth in speculation, this could be a possible link between them. However, I believe Cyberbob is leaning town at this point.

I've already attacked Jerbs' trick question in his initial post. However, note that Dutch one was the person he first questioned; he hasn't seemed to stray from him for the entirety of his posts. Jerbs, what do you think of, say, farside22, inHiimshallibe, and SpyreX?

I feel that farside22 was also confused in the beginning; however, it was not in the same way that RedCoyote and SpyreX were. She openly admits to incorrectly finding a post scummy. I feel she misinterpreted much of the beginning of the game. Her whole "wacky things at the beginning of the game are always town" statement was kind of the climax. However, I feel farside22 is concentrating more. She is likely town.

SpyreX was probably the most visibly confused by the post-restriction claims. However, I can see reasoning behind every vote. nocase's post restriction didn't seem possible. Gorrad's first posts were rather fluffy. To the rest of you, I would consider following SpyreX's case on Gorrad tomorrow if I'm lynched.

curiouskarmadog has been intriguing. At this point, even I have reconciled and must agree that my first text-wall is not the Holy Grail it could have been. Yet curiouskarmadog is almost worshipping it. There did seem to be a glimmer where he was going to realize his errors, but he hasn't promised it yet. Other than that, he hasn't really built up anything major of his own. Leaning scum actually, if only very slightly.

iamausername is almost lurking at this point. I mean, before this sentence right here, the things I had to say about him only took up one line. His fifth post in isolation had some merit; I'd also recommend a reread to you.

Of course, I noticed Katsuki's reasonless vote on me. Her fourth post in isolation lacks clarity even though it is supposed to answer one of my questions. Apparently, she is getting replaced; therefore, I feel that we can just start anew with her replacement. None of what I've said isn't really scummy if she doesn't stick around. I feel like that is a hard idea to grasp, but it most definitely feels like the correct viewpoint.

After the post restriction debacle concluded, nocase hasn't really been elaborative on anything. Your vote is currently on Xalxe, but you did entertain voting a slew of other people. Could you give us some cases? Your Xalxe vote wasn't even reasoned out.

Unfortunately, I feel as if personal bias for being so heavily targeted on Day 1 by some people is leeching into my views, but I find inHimshallibe remarkably anti-town. He's made many unexplained lists, and refused to read what I may narcissistically believe is both literally and figuratively the biggest post in the game so far. I wouldn't quite say he's scummy; he just is visibly not using the presented information to his full potential.

Xalxe's ninth post of isolations results in everyone not being quite so sure why he's voting me, yet he has been even more aggressive than DrippingGoofBall in lynching me. Posts 26 through 29 in isolation all say "lynch chevre" to some effect without much else. That's not really strong at all. If his true desire is to lynch me, he needs to be reinforcing the reasons for doing so, which he hasn't even fully elaborated upon. Keep an eye on him after I am lynched, it'll be interesting to see what he does and where he turns.

Korlash was quite contentious with farside22, but that whole point has faded away, to some extent. But from this, we can likely assume that Korlash and farside22 are not linked in any way. Anyway, he hasn't really done much after that. You can hop on the rereading rainbow with Gorrad and iamausername.

Finally, Antihero. I do find his early vote on Seraphim kind of misleading; he should have elaborated more his actual target, Seraphim. In fact, he should have elaborated on everyone, and then voted Seraphim. You shouldn't leave any suspicions out, but you should probably give the best explanation to the one you are going to vote for. I can see minor instances where it looked like Antihero has buddied up to me; however, I'd rather we went for Dutch one in that scenario.

In conclusion, I am a vanilla townie, my top suspect is werewolf555, followed by Jerbs, Dutch one for buddying up with me, and curiouskarmadog. inHimshallibe is ridiculously anti-town but not necessarily scummy; a good shot for a vigilante tonight. Keep your eye on DrippingGoofBall and Xalxe tomorrow; I wouldn't be surprised if they scramble upon someone else in a similar fashion today. Get Gorrad, iamausername and Korlash to reread; get nocase and Runner to elaborate on cases.

Unvote; vote werewolf555
There will be no kisses tonight
There will be no holding hands tonight
'Cause what is now wasn't there before and should not be
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:16 pm

Post by Chevre »

That would be why it took me so long; it took me approximately an hour and forty-five minutes.

Also, who cast the L-1 vote? I seemed to have missed it.
There will be no kisses tonight
There will be no holding hands tonight
'Cause what is now wasn't there before and should not be
nocase
nocase
Hot Streak
nocase
Hot Streak
Hot Streak

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:57 pm

Post by nocase »

unvote. vote: gorrad.
can we please skip chevre for now and humor spyrex by lynching someone who actually looks scummy?
nocase
nocase
Hot Streak
nocase
Hot Streak
Hot Streak

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:57 pm

Post by nocase »

chevre, vote gorrad if you value your life.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:57 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Nocase, why do I look scummy? Your own words, please.
nocase
nocase
Hot Streak
nocase
Hot Streak
Hot Streak

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:45 pm

Post by nocase »

gut, and i like spyrex's case.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:46 pm

Post by farside22 »

Also: The Chevre wagon's still going on? Seriously? WHY? Farside, make time. Explain yourself.

Nothing has changed my view on Chevre and her scumminess. She is seriously voting Jerbs for his comment saying it's scummy to try and trick a newb then makes a hypocrite of herself by asking me those questions and saying it's scummy.
Basically she is not scum hunting in the least and everything I read of her has not changed my mind in the least.

Plus this moment here for me is priceless:
Chevre wrote:
Jerbs wrote:@Dutch

Are you scum? If not, why are you lying?
I would find this question quite difficult to answer, and here it feels like Jerbs is trying to create an easy target by posing a difficult question to a new poster.
Why would town find the first part of this question hard to answer? Then see makes it look like Jerbs is doing it to create a easy target but doesn't explain how.
Nothing I find in her post explains anything.

With Chevre's latest post is really good......Chevre I still don't know why Jerb's question was difficult. Any answer you give is not a bad answer (my 2 cents) I think fumbling over it looked scummy.

unvote:

need to really sit down and read everyone now.

vote: CKD

This is based on my list and feel for CKD earlier.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
nocase
nocase
Hot Streak
nocase
Hot Streak
Hot Streak

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:50 pm

Post by nocase »

oh, ckd is up for grabs now?
unvote. vote: ckd.
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:20 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

farside22 wrote:Also: The Chevre wagon's still going on? Seriously? WHY? Farside, make time. Explain yourself.

Nothing has changed my view on Chevre and her scumminess. She is seriously voting Jerbs for his comment saying it's scummy to try and trick a newb then makes a hypocrite of herself by asking me those questions and saying it's scummy.
Basically she is not scum hunting in the least and everything I read of her has not changed my mind in the least.

Plus this moment here for me is priceless:
Chevre wrote:
Jerbs wrote:@Dutch

Are you scum? If not, why are you lying?
I would find this question quite difficult to answer, and here it feels like Jerbs is trying to create an easy target by posing a difficult question to a new poster.
Why would town find the first part of this question hard to answer? Then see makes it look like Jerbs is doing it to create a easy target but doesn't explain how.
Nothing I find in her post explains anything.

With Chevre's latest post is really good......Chevre I still don't know why Jerb's question was difficult. Any answer you give is not a bad answer (my 2 cents) I think fumbling over it looked scummy.

unvote:

need to really sit down and read everyone now.

vote: CKD

This is based on my list and feel for CKD earlier.
The hell? You spend most of your post castigating Chevre, demanding to know why she's still alive, saying you haven't changed your mind on her scumminess one bit and calling her out on a new "priceless moment" - only to unvote and switch to CKD. One of these things is not like the other things.

Unvote, Vote: farside22
tread softly because you tread on my dreams
daddy's little girl ain't a girl no more
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:37 pm

Post by farside22 »

@Cyberbob: Most of what bothered me were 2 things on Chevre, if you read my post
1) was here lack of scum hunting
Problem 1 is solved in one shot above my post
2) is how she acted with Jerbs.
She still has to answer this. I don't want to see a hammer till I get an answer

Further more I have more other reason (which no I will not explain).

Finally most of my post was about Cherve because I was asked to get in and make time to explain my vote for her.

Unto my other 2 suspects:

Here is a reason I find Seraphim scum. Follow along this dialong with AH and Sera:
Antihero wrote:
Seraphim, on the other hand, is scum. If you don't believe me, read post 69; it's a doozy.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Seraphim
post 69

Antihero wrote:
Seraphim wrote:there has been no pooflinging. Ironically, Chevre seems to be the only person to notice the broad disconnect between my vote and the statement proceeding it. I never gave any reasons for my vote on Chevre folks. The entire point was directed at inHim.
Voting without giving a good reason? Sounds like a poofling to me.

Chevre's text wall made my day, BTW.
Seraphim wrote:....how did I misspell that....

poofling lol

Anyway. Do you honestly want to tell me that that was what you were referring to? I think you were referring to my "reasons" for voting Chevre which weren't there and now you are trying to justify your vote by backtracking and saying the vote was your reason for voting me all along which you and I both know is complete and utter bullshit.

No were did AH say anything about why he voted and Sera just put words into his mouth that were never there. He uses the word backtracking to make AH look scummy.

I said it before and I will say it again. This post gives no reason's for why anything is scummy, just says gut for Cherve and this post sets my scumdar but doesn't say what about it sets his scumdar.

this post is a waste of time and energy.
Also thoughout this game he hasn't said anything about any of the other players as scum. He stays on the same beat.
He seems to be posting elsewhere for the past few days just fine. I don't like people avoiding a game but making crap post elsewhere when they are behind. It means they have time to be on MS but don't make an effort in the game is scummy

Why CKD is scum:

He votes here for DO, which is fine, as he wants answers, however after that vote.

He call's Cherve town after her big post saying
curiouskarmadog wrote:OMG, I have been here for years...and that post was the longest I have ever read...firm stances and opinions...and lots of content...town or really ballsy scum...got to be town.
Which almost everyone here has stated so far there was no real firm stances or much as far as opinion went. What Cherve post was, read more of a story then anything else.

post 200 He backtracks his orginal statement.
I really want to laugh at this too:
Ckd wrote: as to opinions of others....are you certian that I havent?...trying to figure out if you are misrepresenting me on purpose or missed my posts.
Because the people he had opinions on:
Dutch One
Chevre

That's it, I don't see a misrep any way shape or form.

Dodge's Gorrad question here

here
Weak attack, weak reasoning and offering really nothing new. Why does CKD feel people have time to check into other games and look into their meta?

And finally I don't believe he really is reading the game. I feel gliding by with very little points of view except about Cherve.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:37 pm

Post by SpyreX »

And yet you're the one who repeats what I say in a mocking tone to make me look stupid then continue to insinuate it's scummy without any actual explanation for it.

Tell me, which is scummier: Me acknowledging what DGB's doing in a quick, quiet way, or you announcing to the world what the play is. Tell me exactly what my motive as scum would be to make my last post. Because if you're scum with Chevre, it would be in your best interest to make sure Chevre knows it's a claim-wagon.
Because a CLAIM WAGON FOR THE SAKE OF A CLAIM IS FFFFFFFF

Ohh look its a 'scummy' VT that's never going to be a night kill.

Well done gents.

I only have to mock because, like I said, its like going down the old school checklist. I dont need diagrams or fancy words to explain why claiming scum, fluffin' it up and wagon for claim not wagon for death aren't tech moves.

----

And color me awesome because while I see a CKD-Gorrad connection why we gotta fight the machine every step of the way and do CKD first?
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:43 pm

Post by farside22 »

And color me awesome because while I see a CKD-Gorrad connection why we gotta fight the machine every step of the way and do CKD first?
I will try and look at this tomorrow if I have time.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:58 pm

Post by Antihero »

Cyberbob wrote:The hell? You spend most of your post castigating Chevre, demanding to know why she's still alive, saying you haven't changed your mind on her scumminess one bit and calling her out on a new "priceless moment" - only to unvote and switch to CKD. One of these things is not like the other things.

Unvote, Vote: farside22
This is a pretty crappy vote which shows either scum spinning or a superficial reading of farside's post. She even says right in the thing you quoted that Chevre's last text wall was "really good," and to me her only unresolved issue is the Jerbs thing (which I really don't understand myself).

Also, I guess your unvoting says that you really don't suspect Chevre anymore...or what?

Hey DGB
(or anyone willing to listen, really; I just think I'll have the best luck here): Can you please look at werewolf and tell me if I'm crazy or not?
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:28 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Oooh, just read all of nocase's posts this page. Following the crowd (and encouraging others to do so), parroting/claiming gut after this, then immediately switching when another early wagon possibility come up. SpyreX: THIS is scummy. Nocase has a motive to act this way as scum. What you are pointing out in me may well be bad play in your opinion (it certainly isn't in mine), but it's lacking in the 'why would I act this way as scum' department.

Unvote, Vote: Nocase
Dutch one
Dutch one
Goon
Dutch one
Goon
Goon

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:34 pm

Post by Dutch one »

@Chevre, I'm scum because I agreed with you? So that means that whoever thinks you are not scum have to be scum itself? And yes, off course I would say something like "I told you so", but not because I'm scum, this is just a very stupid and pointless lynch.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:36 pm

Post by SpyreX »

"The Crowd"

You mean...me?

And I find gut far less itchy than ohhh, saying that terrible wagon was a good idea BUT not voting on it.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:38 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Although that does raise something:

@Chevre:

Why is following Gorrad good for TOMORROW and not today?
Show

Proud member of BaM
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:39 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Look over the past few pages. How many people have me as one of their top suspects? You may be the only one voting me, but that doesn't mean that voting me isn't following the crowd.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”