Mafia 125: Khan's Game of Mafia (Game Over)

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:05 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Xalxe's reaction is clean. And he certainly isn't KMD's buddy. He's town.

farside has seen this a million times... has she forgotten? But her reaction isn't from a scum perspective, regardless of KMD's alignment.

Chevre is trying to keep her cool, and doesn't mention the elephant in the room. Mmmm. Chocolate chip is still a favorite. Then, Chevre worries about the timing of the dayvig, but still abstain to comment on its value, its rashness, of KMD's alignment.

I laid off Chevre a while, blinded by the wall, but her reaction is really, really off-the-charts scummy.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:25 pm

Post by Antihero »

Jerbs wrote:Why are you defending Chevre so much?
Because I think that if she was scum, she would try to fade into the background the way DGB's been on her. But Chevre is still posting and putting in effort; that seems townish to me.

...DGB does have a point about Chevre completely ignoring the dayvig, though. Why did you do that, Chevre?
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:36 pm

Post by Chevre »

I did of course see it, but with what DrippingGoofBall has done so far, I was completely unsure of it's seriousness and left it until the mod handled the affair. Apparently, it wasn't real, so we can now treat it as an almost absurd declaration of DrippingGoofBall's feelings towards Kmd4390.
There will be no kisses tonight
There will be no holding hands tonight
'Cause what is now wasn't there before and should not be
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:40 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

It took me about three goes at reading her posts to actually have it sink in that she didn't mention it
at all
until that request thing to the mod.
Chevre wrote:I did of course see it, but with what DrippingGoofBall has done so far, I was completely unsure of it's seriousness and left it until the mod handled the affair. Apparently, it wasn't real, so we can now treat it as an almost absurd declaration of DrippingGoofBall's feelings towards Kmd4390.
what the

I think I'm ready.
Unvote, Vote: Chevre
tread softly because you tread on my dreams
daddy's little girl ain't a girl no more
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:21 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

Yep, I'll be responding to posts from this weekend. Nope, I'm not going to consolidate unless I deem it pertinent.
Cyberbob wrote:
inHimshallibe wrote:
Cyberbob wrote: - Seraphim's Post 69 is pretty suss, Korlash is more suspicious for similar reasons though (just more of it)
Vote: Korlash
Actually WTF. You're no longer on the Town list. Say one thing, vote another much?

:(
Saying Korlash is more suspicious and then voting Korlash is saying one thing and doing another now? News to me man.
My main problem with this was that you were on a point about Seraphim, but voted Korlash in near the same breath. Cheapens the effect of what you say about Seraphim, which allows scum to push a mislynch and then the next Day say, "Well I knew we REALLY should've pushed X, like I said here [but actually voted Y]."
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:28 pm

Post by farside22 »

Chevre wrote:I will answer your question, farside22, as soon as you answer this one: Are you scum? If not, then why are you lying?

Also, why do you think that, Xalxe? It's only been four hours.
I'm not scum. Stupid question if you ask me.
I don't believe I lied about anything. If I lie about anything it's my weight. If you want to point out something you believe a lie I'm all ears.

Xalxe is on my scum list as stated prior.

I also find it scummy when someone doesn't answer a question and dodges it to ask pointless questions.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:30 pm

Post by farside22 »

DrippingGoofball wrote:Xalxe's reaction is clean. And he certainly isn't KMD's buddy. He's town.

farside has seen this a million times... has she forgotten? But her reaction isn't from a scum perspective, regardless of KMD's alignment.
I figured it was a tactic hence the I don't want to comment too much yet about it except to ask why KMD. I figure a newb is more likely to fall for the trap then someone who has seen it before.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:51 pm

Post by Chevre »

Well farside22, that was the same exact question Jerbs asked to Dutch one, a fairly new player. Even with your experience, your response still sounds fishy. Now imagine a newer player attempting to answer that; they'd be stumbling all over themselves no matter their faction. Jerbs later replied that he the correct answer was "this was a loaded question."

I feel that this was an attempt to locate an easy target by picking out a newbie and asking them a ridiculously tricky question, in hopes of aforementioned stumbling occurring. Jerbs continued his tirade on Dutch one past this incident.

Oh, and let me make another attempt at reacting "properly" to DrippingGoofBall's daykill.

"OH MY GOD DRIPPINGGOOFBALL WHY DID YOU DO THAT THAT WAS SO RASH I DIDNT MENTION ANYTHING AT FIRST BUT THEN I REMEMBERED THAT THIS GAME HAS BEEN SO SRS BSNS SO FAR AND I SHOULDNT HAVE BEEN EXPECTING THAT DAYKILL ATTEMPT TO BE A JOKE WHY DID YOU DO IT DRIPPINGGOOFBALL WHY WHY WHY"
There will be no kisses tonight
There will be no holding hands tonight
'Cause what is now wasn't there before and should not be
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:09 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

inHimshallibe wrote:My main problem with this was that you were on a point about Seraphim, but voted Korlash in near the same breath. Cheapens the effect of what you say about Seraphim, which allows scum to push a mislynch and then the next Day say, "Well I knew we REALLY should've pushed X, like I said here [but actually voted Y]."
They were both doing similar things, Korlash was doing worse at it though (from my perspective at the time) so I voted him. I don't really see how else I could have described my feelings on the situation.
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:17 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Alright DGB you wanted words you got words.

AND NOTHING?

Seriously
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:15 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

farside 338 wrote:Now explain what about Sera's post you liked.
Seraphim 303 wrote:Chevre's post is a lot of noise and her reads don't look paticularly well constructed either. The actual reads themselves are few and far between and not easy to pick out on a casual read. It's not pro-town, there's no reason to think that it does.
I generally agree with this, although I'm less inclined to think of it as anti-town and moreso that Chevre was being annoying. But some of you, ckd especially, were over the moon with her because of it, and I can't really figure out why.
Seraphim 303 wrote:I have no idea if they are scum or not but right now my highest scumreads are Chevre, SpyreX, and Antihero. Chevre, well, I think I've covered that. SpryeX has almost been a non-presence and generally he tends to be a big personality. He seems incredibly indecisive in this game. Antihero is spouting bullshit. Cyberbob has outlined why. I could see all three of them as scum together but I don't know if they'd all be so blatant about it.
I think his scumreads are pretty good, although I disagree with Spyrex (but he hasn't had that big of a presence, truth be told).

---
Antihero 342 wrote:I don't think DGB meant to lynch KMD right then and there. I believe she called him a "good lynch candidate."
Why are you making excuses on behalf of DGB? She's a big girl, and she can talk to me if she wants to.

You can't have a read on someone who hasn't posted. And don't start with some meta nonsense, because, although occasionally acceptable, this would definitely not be a time.

---
Dutch 343 wrote:So I'll join a wagon on KMD if there is more interest
And to what do you base this on, Dutch?

---
DGB 348 wrote:A townie wouldn't fear joining such a wagon for the lulz.
You didn't propose an RVS wagon. You said he was a lynch candidate. These are two different things, hon.

My contention is that you cannot have a scumread on a player who hasn't posted.
DGB 349 wrote:You're a serious contender for the Not-Reading-The-Game LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT Award.
What
is
this all about, Xalxe? I could see you skimming and making an honest mistake, but then you supposedly went back over it and misread the posts a second time?

---
Jerbs 357 wrote:Really tho, what harm can bandwagoning a lurker do? This game has been going on for 4 days, and he's already confirmed to play. Why are you so keen on not letting votes onto kmd?
That clearly wasn't the intent. In retrospect it may seem like that because DGB is backing off it, but there's no way I'm going to buy someone is scum because they lurked the first four days of a game. No chance.

---
farside 362 wrote:What about Sera? :(
What about Kat, for goodness sakes... :mad:

I feel like I'm the only person here weighing every person on their merits.

---
Chevre 382 wrote:"OH MY GOD DRIPPINGGOOFBALL WHY DID YOU DO THAT THAT WAS SO RASH I DIDNT MENTION ANYTHING AT FIRST BUT THEN I REMEMBERED THAT THIS GAME HAS BEEN SO SRS BSNS SO FAR AND I SHOULDNT HAVE BEEN EXPECTING THAT DAYKILL ATTEMPT TO BE A JOKE WHY DID YOU DO IT DRIPPINGGOOFBALL WHY WHY WHY"
Agreed.

Looking at this with a bias of having missed the event, I don't see why it would be implausible for someone to assume DGB was acting like, I don't know, a goofball. Chevre is right. I dislike both DGB and Cyber's attempts to frame this bigger than it is.

Reactionfishing doesn't work when it's just part of your repertoire. She even clues you in by reminding you everytime you read her name!
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:16 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Oh, and Spy, who is after Gorrad to you?
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:35 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

Official Vote Count

Players needed to lynch: 11

"Non decipitur qui scit se decipi:
He is not deceived who knows himself to be deceived
."

Chevre
- 6 - Seraphim, inHimshallibe, Jerbs, Katsuki, Xalxe, Cyberbob
Seraphim
- 3 - Antihero, farside22, werewolf555
Jerbs
- 2 - Chevre, Dutch one
Gorrad
- 2 - SpyreX, DrippingGoofball
Xalxe
- 1 - nocase
Antihero
- 1 - iamausername
Cyberbob
- 1 - Gorrad
Dutch one
- 1 - curiouskarmadog
Katsuki
- 1 - RedCoyote

Players not voting: Runner, Kmd4390, Korlash
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:35 am

Post by Xalxe »

Kublai Khan wrote:

."

How apropro of the current situation.
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
Dutch one
Dutch one
Goon
Dutch one
Goon
Goon

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:07 am

Post by Dutch one »

@Farside, if you look right, then you'll see you aren't at the scumlist. If I had any fullproof evidence to explain about you then you should've been at my scumlist. I don't see the need of presssuring someone while they don't even think you are scum.
And why I replied this late, the first time you asked it I was sleeping (I reviewed some pages a couple of minutes ago, so I didn't notice it till now). When I wake up, I read the messages that has been posted at night very quick. I never saw your message, it's not that I'm refusing to answer it, I just didn't see it.
The second time you asked it, I was sleeping again (I live in another time-zone), so I didn't notice it till the morning. I saw your message, but I only had 10 minutes to check everything before going to school so I dicided to reply later ;)

@RedCoyote, why I'm willing to vote for Kmd?
I have a couple of reasons for doing that:
- he hardly posted anything. So he's just impossible to read. Although he didn't post in this game, he did post in other games.
- he never asked for V/LA, so I'm not sure wether he is trying to evade posting or that he just isn't able to post. Anyway, this means he is saying he is to busy to post, but he never wanted to proof this by asking for V/LA.
- I'm currently voting for Jerbs, but that vote is a bit crap atm because there is not many interest in a wagon on Jerbs. And because Kmd is already one of the persons in my scumlist, I'm willing to vote for him. But it doesn't change anything if eventually only 2 other persons are voting for him.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:08 am

SpyreX wrote:....

AND NOTHING?

Seriously
Am I not voting Gorrad???
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:12 am

Post by Xalxe »

I believe everyone on Seraphim and Jerbs should remove their votes and join us in lynching chevre.
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:13 am

Post by Cyberbob »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
SpyreX wrote:....

AND NOTHING?

Seriously
Am I not voting Gorrad???
No, you forgot to unvote Chevre. As I have pointed out twice.
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:15 am

Post by Xalxe »

@cyberbob
Kublai Khan wrote:
Official Vote Count

Players needed to lynch: 11

."

Chevre
- 6 - Seraphim, inHimshallibe, Jerbs, Katsuki, Xalxe, Cyberbob
Seraphim
- 3 - Antihero, farside22, werewolf555
Jerbs
- 2 - Chevre, Dutch one
Gorrad
- 2 - SpyreX, DrippingGoofball
Xalxe
- 1 - nocase
Antihero
- 1 - iamausername
Cyberbob
- 1 - Gorrad
Dutch one
- 1 - curiouskarmadog
Katsuki
- 1 - RedCoyote

Players not voting: Runner, Kmd4390, Korlash
Can he win the award now?
werewolf555
werewolf555
Goon
werewolf555
Goon
Goon

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:41 am

Post by werewolf555 »

Ok, getting something ready
Should post by tonight
I'm not dead yet
"Sens: Please rearrange Werewolf and Mist into a scumteam so we can policy lynch." -GreyICE
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:27 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Chevre wrote:farside22,
Chevre wrote:I also thought I answered Xalxe's question when
I said he seemed nervous with my vote on him, so I kept it on there
and I can see how nocase's claim may be interpreted as the "start" of the game, it's basically a null matter now and therefore wasn't an effective start to the game if you consider it to be one. Don't you want to know his motivations as to why he made his first post was a lie? I think that while we know the post restriction is not true, I'd like to see why nocase did it, and how he thought it would affect the game in a positive way. If nocase can't answer that, then he shouldn't have had any motivation to do it if he's Town. Yes, I thought there was a considerable chance that it was a lie, but I wasn't going to completely cement it as one immediately, I think it's somewhat foolish to do so, even if the rules seem to favor otherwise.
Also, by marginally mentioning Lynch All Liars, I was trying to reinforce that nocase's opening move was extremely risky if he was town, as some who heavily believe in Lynch All Liars would be ready to maintain a vote on him all throughout the day.
No, by mentioning Lynch All Liars, you allow bad Town to swoop in and start a wagon without doing any of the dirty work yourself.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

:

inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:30 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Chevre wrote:farside22, yes, I honestly now do think my vote could be relocated. I just keep forgetting to do so, but I will not forget this time.
Unvote. Vote: Jerbs
. Anyway, I have no idea how many games I played here, but I can't say I've kept track of how what they did at the beginning of the game relates to their faction. I don't know if that's a common practice or not, but I do not do it. However, I do know that anything that seems out-of-the-ordinary or not seeming to benefit the town is scummy. I've tried to think of how nocase's lie could be helpful, but I cannot. If you can recommend such a way that it could assist the town, then please do share. With your previous statement, you are bordering along the lines of "The scumtells at the start of games are measurably less valuable than those later on in the game." I surely hope that is not what you're intending, nor do I think you are.
Followed by a vote buried in nothingness.

I don't remember Chevre calling Jerbs scum before this. Probably happened in the thing I didn't read?
Show

:

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:35 am

I waver on Chevre. Either she's scum, or a... a... how shall I put it... erm... a dreamer?

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:47 am

Chevre
- 6 - Seraphim,
inHimshallibe
Jerbs
, Katsuki, Xalxe, Cyberbob

There's scum in that wagon (no sh!t, genius!).

Seraphim
Katsuki
Xalxe
Cyberbob

Not all of these are scum, though. Which ones? I bet there are two. These players have a 50:50 chance of being scum.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:49 am

Seraphim - 3 - Antihero, farside22, werewolf555
Xalxe - 1 - nocase
Katsuki - 1 - RedCoyote
Cyberbob - 1 - Gorrad

I'll give these 4 a re-read, but Seraphim is very tempting, if only for having more votes than the competition.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”