Mafia 125: Khan's Game of Mafia (Game Over)

yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:52 am

Post by yabbaguy »

I think you are only voting for me because Yabbaguy just accused me, and you think I'm an easy wagon to jump on.
This is very wrong.

In fact, practically every damned time you bring something peculiar up, you're setting a straw man by making explanations like "oh I think it's just because you're [insert convoluted chain of logic here]". That's scummy.
yabbaguy ~ Winning without actually winning.

Town: 10-21 | Mafia: 3-4 | Other: 0-1
yGDB
(meta + commentary)

- On reruns at Sens-O-Tape!
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:59 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Hey all. I haven't read most of the thread yet, i'll be working on it next week.

Initial thoughts:
  • Liking Kmd. Spyrex and DGB are my top suspects.
  • If Pokerface isn't calling me obvtown within a week, he's scum.
  • Yabbaguy is town.
More to come.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:59 am

Post by iamausername »

Update on my moving/internet situation; activation date is Monday 21st, so I'll have pretty much no access next week. (I can get on with my phone, but that's hella tedious just to read threads, never mind making a decent sized post).

TOTALLY V/LA 14TH-21ST YOU GUYS
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:08 am

Post by PokerFace »

Dutch one wrote:Yes, I did say he was scummy. Look at my town/scum reads (from some time ago). The fact that you didn't know that tells me that you haven't really analyzed my posts.
I think you are only voting for me because Yabbaguy just accused me,
and you think I'm an easy wagon to jump on.

VOTE: PokerFace
PokerFace wrote:and I type and paste slowly. didn't see yabba's last post. I'll have to read that now
Um no. And you definatly aren't an easy wagon.

Can you show me where you talked about Gorrad yesterday or what players you read as scummy as a result of yesterday?
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:09 am

Post by PokerFace »

Welcome back to mafiascum xtoxm. Also is that some wierd meta tell you think you had on me when you used to play alot?
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:32 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Dead Players (4)

werewolf555
-
Vanilla Townie
- Killed Night 1 >>> VIG KILL
farside22
-
Doctor
- Killed Night 1 >>> SK KILL
Xalxe
-
Delayer Serial Killer
- Killed Night 1 >>> SCUM KILL

Why did the scum kill Xalxe?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:41 am

MMMmmmm, just iso'd Xalxe

Xalxe's wasn't exactly instilling fear in anybody's heart... I suspect scum going for a X-kill.

Now I need to check who suspected Xalxe.

Chevre, CKD, nocase

One of these three shall be lynched today.

VOTE: CKD
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:44 am

Post by yabbaguy »

Chevre, CKD, nocase

One of these three shall be lynched today.
HOORAY! \o/ \o/ \o/
VOTE: CKD
BOO! >:(

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:12 am

Who is your favorite, yabba?

yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:34 am

Post by yabbaguy »

*sigh*

Chevre.

Then nocase.

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:12 am

Post by Chevre »

It's always best to start the day with a
vote: curiouskarmadog
There will be no kisses tonight
There will be no holding hands tonight
'Cause what is now wasn't there before and should not be
nocase
nocase
Hot Streak
nocase
Hot Streak
Hot Streak

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:24 am

Post by nocase »

OH LOOK WHO WAS SCUM.

I AM NOW 1/1. SHEEP ME.

VOTE: XTOXM.
nocase
nocase
Hot Streak
nocase
Hot Streak
Hot Streak

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:29 am

Post by nocase »

well, 1/2.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:19 pm

nocase wrote:OH LOOK WHO WAS SCUM.

I AM NOW 1/1. SHEEP ME.

VOTE: XTOXM.
I could go for that. I don't like his initial "reads." Who the heck finds me scummy?

nocase
nocase
Hot Streak
nocase
Hot Streak
Hot Streak

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:20 pm

Post by nocase »

Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:32 pm

Post by Korlash »

Dutch one wrote:Yes, I did say he was scummy. Look at my town/scum reads (from some time ago). The fact that you didn't know that tells me that you haven't really analyzed my posts. I think you are only voting for me because Yabbaguy just accused me, and you think I'm an easy wagon to jump on.
oh oh let me take this one Poker,
Dutch's scum list wrote:questionable (people who sometimes act suspicious, but who aren't that scummie in my opinion):
- Gorrad
- DGB
- iamausername
- inhim
- CKD

possible scum:
- Antihero
- Jerbs
- Katsuki
- farside22
Here you literally called Gorrad "not scummie" in your opinion. The next time you even mention Gorrad is when You're justifying your vote on WW so nothing there. A little later:
Dutch one wrote:Just vote WW and we'll see who has been right. But there is just no way there is going to be a Spyrex, Gorrad, KMD, Seraphim, Xalce... etc. lynch today.
Giving the impression you are against the Gorrad wagon. Then you vote him:
Dutch wrote:alright.. the WW-wagon is death now (while he never defended himself with good arguments). I will probably vote him again tomorrow, but he isn't going to be todays lynch anymore. I would've prefered to see a WW lynch, but Gorrad was either at my possible scum list, so I'm fine with a Gorrad-lynch as well.
VOTE: Gorrad
But I'm looking at your "possible scum list"... don't see a Gorrad... Seems to me you're the one who hasn't "Analyzed your posts."
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:09 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Hahaha.

That's actually hilarious.

Sometimes, we must remember our roots.

Unvote, Vote: Dutch_one
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:34 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

Is my Chevre lynch eventually going to happen? I'm patient and all, but I just want to make sure that's the plan eventually.

However, this is, notwithstanding the obvious argument in retrospect, much better than the Gorrad lynch.

Unvote, Vote: Dutch one

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:35 pm

Post by SpyreX »

No. I'm still happy with the Gorrad lynch and I'll take that gamble on risk-reward every time.

This one though wraps itself up all nice and clean.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
nocase
nocase
Hot Streak
nocase
Hot Streak
Hot Streak

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:28 pm

Post by nocase »

not seein' it.

lynch xtoxm right fucking now.
Dutch one
Dutch one
Goon
Dutch one
Goon
Goon

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:40 pm

Post by Dutch one »

I said he wasn't going to be todays lynch because WW already had something like 7-8 votes, while Gorrad and the others had almost none at that moment. I said that because it was useless to spread all our votes on 5-6 people. There is always a next day
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:16 pm

Post by iamausername »

Post #9: The first of many Antihero posts that strikes me as scummy. I don't have a tangible reason for this one, my gut just says that this post feels wrong.

Post #17: Gut scummy feeling about this one too; saying "I'm going to ignore nocase's post restriction" is a contradictory statement, clearly, and it feels really self-conscious to me, like he's trying to pre-emptively deflect any "why didn't you say anything about nocase?" questions. If you're going to ignore it, then just ignore it. This just comes off like he's waiting to see how the town at large feels about nocase before he takes a side himself, which is hella scummy.

Post #37: fuckin love this post. i want to marry it.

Post #38: I would not expect SpyreX to be this dense, but I can't see what he stands to gain from it as scum, so it's just weird.

Post #49 & Post #57: Combination scummy. "It's fun to watch scum fail", to me, heavily implies that some kind of slip has occurred. Certainly something more concrete than "craptacular post disguised as content".

Post #69: Last sentence here makes Seraphim look town, though.

Post #72: I remember reaching the conclusion that Chevre is obvtown at some point yesterday, but this post looks kind of scummy, actually. Specifically the "Certain philosophies would have you lynched under that statement.". It's like she wants to call for a LAL policy lynch, but she just doesn't have the guts to go through with it.

Post #99: dutch one so town it hurts. I probably said this before, but I want to reiterate.

Post #119: DGB suggesting that dutch one is scummy looks bad. I would expect her to be one of the first to realise how obvious town he is.

Post #128: Read the first line of this post, seriously wondering where the hell I got the idea that Chevre was town from. The rest of the post does nothing to remind me.

Post #140: OK, DGB was just a little slow on the uptake, not scum. That's fine.

Post #164: i still can't read it

Post #170: I'm not convinced that CKD read it either. If Chevre turns out to be scum, I'm pretty sure CKD should take a bullet just for this post.

Post #175: Serpahim's reaction looks a heck of a lot more natural.

Post #176: Antihero's reaction says nothing at all. "Made my day", what does that actually mean?

Post #177: Good points about this post - points out that Antihero is Scum of Scum Hall.
Bad points about this post - FoS not vote, warns Antihero to "think carefully before you answer". Maybe some bussing going on here.

Post #183: Making a note to remember this. I have a feeling Antihero will contradict it later, but I don't remember for sure.

Post #193: That's twice now that Runner has made a point of saying "I am not sure what to think of DGB. I will call her neutral
for now
." Looks really contrived, and the 'for now' is either an admission that his reads are artificially constructed, or implies that he is psychic. Or at least thinks he is.

Post #198: "I see the case on farside, Gorrad, and Antihero, Seraphim." The 'and' stuck in the middle there is intriguing. Logic would suggest that it means Seraphim's name was added as an afterthought. I don't know if that means anything significant though.

Post #207: hey guys sup i'm just going to casually shift gears from 'i'm voting dutch one so he'll stop ignoring me' to 'dutch one is scum' and hope no one notices

Post #225: Seriously, seriously wondering where the hell my town read on Chevre came from. What the hell, man.

Post #257: Antihero asking inane questions of Seraphim that signify nothing. Continues to look like a distancing argument between the two of them.

Post #260: I noticed that DGB gave farside town status for "bothering to meta only to change her own mind", which I agree is a pretty strong town tell, and I think Korlash deserves the same credit here.

Post #348: Feelin' this, actually. I don't know where my head was yesterday, like none of my town reads actually look very good on reread.

Post #353: ...except for dutch one, that is. DON'T START THIS AGAIN DGB

Post #385: Agreeing with the last part of this post. DGB and Cyberbob are both high on my town list, and Chevre is not, but it's like they've let Chevre get away with all kinds of murder and arson and what not, and now they've discovered him dodging taxes and they're like "ah-HAH!"

Post #409: That's a pretty solid list. Antihero's at the wrong end, but otherwise, good calls.

Post #434: Oh, maybe that's why I was so against the Chevre wagon. Inverse guilt by association.

Post #453: Antihero completely forgets where his vote is. Usually lightly scummy, but in this particular instance, it's supersized. So Antihero's been drumbeating for a Chevre lynch for ages, then all of a sudden he reads a werewolf post that makes him think that werewolf knows Chevre is town, so he switches his vote to werewolf. You'd think that such a radical re-evaluation of his top suspect might stick in his mind, no? Unless of course his 'suspicion' of werewolf was completely contrived.

Post #473: "I'm here but my claim will have to wait an hour" - WHOA. How is it that DGB has even considered lynching anyone else since this post?

Post #482: Hey it's a wall post that I was actually able to read. Hey that's an awful lot of of effort to go to just to put a bit of WIFOM out there about your buddies.

Post #494: This is pretty lol because he could be describing his own werewolf vote.

And that's all I've got time for. Dang. Here's where we stand after 20 pages:

DrippingGoofball
Cyberbob
Dutch one
inHimshallibe
nocase

Korlash
Seraphim
Xtoxm
Jerbs
yabbaguy
SpyreX

Runner
Weatherman
Kmd4390
Katsuki
PokerFace

RedCoyote
curiouskarmadog
Chevre

Antihero

See you in a week. Sorry I didn't manage the whole thread before I left.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:33 am

Post by Cyberbob »

Sorry for the late start guys, it's been a busy weekend. I'm literally 5 minutes away from bed and I'm dead tired so I can't be bothered thinking about mafia right now. Tomorrow.
tread softly because you tread on my dreams
daddy's little girl ain't a girl no more
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:25 am

Now, I could lynch Antihero, too!

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:08 am

Post by PokerFace »

@Dutch, you also did not percieve him as that scummy and thats the point I was going to make

@Korlash, why did you feel the need to do that?

@Nocase, Aside from xtoxm = seraphim is there any other reason to lynch xtoxm?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”