Mafia 105 - Caught in the Crossfire (Game Over)

zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Mafia 105 - Caught in the Crossfire (Game Over)

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:05 am

Post by zoraster »

Backup Mod
StrangerCoug

Words from the Mod

There are a lot of rules listed for this game. I apologize for that. If you metagame my modding (and you should), you'll know that rules can be very important. There are a few things in particular to note.
1. Lynching uses the Plurality voting with a Lynch + 24 hours. This is different for some, so read the rules carefully.
2. Sometimes Large Normals turn into novel writing contests. Not mine. Posts should be kept under
750 words. I reserve the right to penalize (role restriction), replace, or even modkill repeat and/or blatant offenders. See the word count section for more.
3. For my benefit, if you could
put your bolded votes either at the top or bottom of your post
, it'll make everyone's life easier. Not required, but much appreciated.

Alive

hiphop

popsofctown

[/list]

Dead:

Day 1:
ConfidAnon the Vanilla Townie was killed

Day 1:
CSL the
Vanilla Townie
back up Jail Keeper was lynched

Night 1:
imaginality the Mafia Roleblocker was killed

Night 1:
crypto the
Vanilla Townie
Backup Cop was killed

Night 1:
Hoopla the Vanilla Townie was killed

Day 2:
elvis_knits the Mafia Mason was killed

Day 2:
Maemuki the Vanilla Townie was lynched

Night 2:
Sigma the Vanilla Townie was killed

Night 2:
Vi the Vanilla Townie was killed

Day 3:
Infinis the Vanilla Townie was killed

Day 3:
charter the Mafia Roleblocker and ex-Traitor Vigilante was killed

Day 3:
RayFrost the Serial Killer was Lynched

Night 3:
Roflcopter, the Sane Cop was killed.

Day 4:
Zakeri
Psychologic
the Town Jail Keeper was lynched.

Night 4:
hitogoroshi the Vanilla Townie was killed.

Night 4:
Xylthixlm
EtherealCookie
Juls
the
Vanilla Townie
backup Vigilante was killed.

Day 5:
Idiotking the Vanilla Townie was killed

Day 5:
Sotty7 the Vanilla Townie was Lynched

Night 5:
RedCoyote the Vigilante was killed.

Night 6:
fhqwhgads
Energetic Penguin
the Vanilla Townie was killed

Day 7:
Pads the Vanilla Townie was Lynched

Endgame:
Shotty to the Body the Vanilla Townie was Killed

Endgame:
SpyreX the Town Miller was Killed

Events

Day 1 - Game Begins
Day 1 - Word Count Rule Change.
Day 1 - Confid the Vanilla Townie Day Killed
Day 1 - EtherealCookie replaces Juls
Day 1 - Shotty to the Body replaces Budja
Day 1 - Zakeri replaces Psychologic
Day 1 - CSL Lynched
Day 2 - Begins
Day 2 - Xylthixlm replaces EtherealCookie
Day 2 - Elvis knits daykilled
Day 2 - fhqwhgads replaces Energetic Penguin
Day 2 - Maemuki Lynched
Day 3 - Begins
Day 3 - Infinis and Charter killed
Day 3 - RayFrost Lynched
Day 4 - Begins
Day 4 - Zakeri Lynched
Day 5 - Begins
Day 5 - Idiotking Day Killed
Day 5 - Sotty7 Lynched
Day 6 - Begins
Day 6 - No Lynch Chosen
Day 7 - Begins
Day 7 - Lynch and Endgame
Last edited by zoraster on Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:29 pm, edited 110 times in total.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:06 am

Post by zoraster »

Deadline guide:
Day 1: 18 days Day 2: 21 days. Day 3: 14 days. Day 4: 12 days Day 5+: 10 days. Deadlines may be extended for holidays. Subject to change.

Rules

Please note that while this is a Normal game, there are
SIGNIFICANT
differences between the way I am running this and the way many games are run. For the largest practical difference, please take special note of the "How Lynching Works" section. I have used this mechanic with success before.

Article I: General Information

1. This is a Normal setup. Please read the Roles section for a list of the possible roles.
a. This game will have at least one Mafia faction, and no more than two.
b. This game does not HAVE to have any other roles other than Townies and Mafia.
c. If the setup has other roles, they will mostly be standard (I use an expansive definition of standard), subject to I(2).
d. Other roles may be included. However, there will be no more than 1 or 2 of these.
2. If roles are included in the game they can be: day actions, night actions, or both. They can be permanent powers (i.e. you can use them every night, day, etc.), every other (e.g. you can use it on days 1, 3, 5) or they can be one, two or three shot powers. The powers can either be immediately active or backups (e.g. backup tracker would become active upon the real tracker's death). Backups are not told of their status, and there can be backups without an active counterpart.
3. All choices that demand random generation are done using random.org.
4. Standard roles may be slightly altered from the norm, but will retain their essential qualities.

Article II:How Lynching Works (Read Carefully!):

1. Each day and night will have a certain announced deadline.
2. At the end of each day at the deadline the person with a PLURALITY of the vote will be lynched. In the event of a tie, there will be NO LYNCH.
3. If at any time a majority vote for one person, the day does NOT immediately end. Rather, it starts a 24-hour timer at the "hammer" post. At the end of this time, the person with the plurality of votes will be lynched (unless they reach a new majority, see 3a). Please note that I will make every effort to tell you when the hammer post has been made, but it is your duty to know. In the event of a tie, the original person who got a majority of the vote will be lynched – no matter what.
3a. In the event a NEW majority is reached, the 24 hour clock will reset, and that person will now be the player who gets lynched under a tie.
4. A plurality simply means "more than the others." So if there are 15 people and the votes are 4,3,3,2,2 the person with 4 votes will have the plurality even though he does not have the majority.
5. In the event of a day kill that would otherwise create a majority vote, there is a 12 hour delay where the number for majority is still set at the higher number.
6. If a majority is reached 24 hours or nearer to the deadline, the deadline still stands, but otherwise the rules are the same as II(3).
7. Anyone may vote for
No Lynch
. Self-votes will be ignored (no Jesters, I promise)

Article III: Other rules:

1. Have fun.
2. Please bold your votes. For example,
Vote: Zoraster

There are no unvotes and there are no selfvotes. All unvotes and selfvotes will be ignored.

Bold
is for your communication with me in the thread.
4. If you are lynched or killed, you may post a "bah!" post. You may not post anything of consequence.
6. Never quote anything that I PM to you. Never even mention the exact word or order or syntax or anything from a PM. In fact, for all intents and purposes, you should pretend you somehow divined your role without need for a PM. I will come down HARD on this as quickly as possible if I think it even comes close to the line.
7. Treat this game as a commitment and be considerate of me and your fellow players.
8. No small or invisible text, editing of your posts, etc.
9. Do not discuss this game outside the thread at any time, except if your role specifically allows you to do so.
9a. You may discuss any other game to discuss a user's activity level, but you may not discuss the substance of any game that is still active. If in doubt, ask me first.
10. Players may be prodded at ANY TIME as long as it is not abusive and obviously absurd. To ask for a prod, simply bold the request:
Prod: Zoraster
11. YOU ARE EXPECTED TO PARTICIPATE FREQUENTLY. Obviously there are exceptions. You might have a vacation to go on or a busy weekend or whatever. That's fine. But recognize that as a general rule, you cannot simply read and act on everything every three or four days. This is a major reason why people end up going inactive in a game -- they simply get behind.
12. I am the "decider." I'm willing to consider an appeal to my judgment, but I have the final word.
13. The game is called only if there is only one theoretical result. For example, Doc and Vig vs. 2 goons will not end a game (doc protects mafia target, vig shoots goon is a plausible series of events). 2 goons vs. 2 vanilla townies will, on the other hand, be called. If there's any doubt in my mind, I'll let it play out.
14. Neither the town in lynching nor any player with a killing role MUST kill unless otherwise indicated. However, if any four phases (e.g. D, N, D, N or N,D,N,D) go without a lynch or kill attempt, every person in the game will be given a gun with one armor penetrating bullet (vests do not block) and told to kill someone else. Simul kills end in both parties' death, despite VI(3). The game proceeds (if it can) from there. If no parties are left alive, the game is officially a Draw, and neither side wins.
I’ll take the color red. No one else may use this.

Article IV: Lurking and Activity:

1. This game thrives on active participation. Some value lurking as a strategy. I view it is as a way to kill interest in games.
2. "Passive" Lurking is not acceptable. Passive lurking is simply only posting the absolute minimum to avoid being prodded or kicked. Posting something like, "Sorry guys! I'll post soon!" is NOT a post that will count positively toward your activity. Nor is “someone else already said what I was thinking.” Say it anyway!
3. "Active" Lurking is acceptable. This is where your posts theoretically might be designed to seem helpful, but are not really. The distinction is fine. If all you do is post absolutely irrelevant material, then I may take action
4. I reserve the right to remove anyone at any time from the game for non-participation AS I INTERPRET IT.
5. Prods not picked up and acted on in a substantial way within 36 hours of being sent will be acted on by me.
6. Put a post in
bold
if you're going on vacation leave. If I suspect you are using vacation leave as a way to lurk, I will remove you. But for the most part, I'm pretty lenient. I understand things come up. The farther ahead you let me know in advance, the better everything will be. I expect you to be on Vacation Leave in ALL of your games.
7. Players may be prodded at ANY TIME as long as it is not abusive and obviously absurd. To ask for a prod, simply bold the request:
Prod: Zoraster
Finally, you will be considered inactive if you do not place a vote on a player, no matter how many posts you make, within the first 5 days of the start of any game day.

Article V: Word Limit
NEW

*1. All posts unless otherwise noted here should be kept under
words.
2. This INCLUDES quotes. I'll just stick any post I suspect into word and run word count.
3. It includes what I SEE, so if you make a link, it's just the text I see that I count.
3. I'm not aiming to be really anal about this rule, so if someone is over by 5 words once or twice, it's probably not a big deal. But don't test me, please.
4. Do not try and get around my limit by posting twice or by just waiting for someone else to post and then continuing your own post. Spirit of the rule, not letter.
5. Penalties for repeat and/or blatant offenses include: warning, role penalty, replacement, mod kill.
*6. New replacements may make one post shortly after replacing that exceeds 750 words. The post should be kept under
words.
7. Any player at plurality within 24 hours of being lynched may post up to 1500 words per post.
*8. Any player coming off of an announced vacation leave where more than 300 posts were made in their absence will be allowed a post of 1500 words.

Article VI: Order of Actions:

1. Roleblocks
2. Protections
3. Kills
a. Mafia Kills
b. Serial Killer Kills
c. Vigil Kills
d. Other Kills (say what!?)
4. Misc.
5. Investigations

Roleblock on a roleblocker roleblocks before the other roleblock goes through (got it?)

Article VII: Roles Possible:

1. Vanilla, Goon, Backup (Cop, Doc, Jail Keeper, Miller, Tracker, Vigil, Watcher, Roleblocker, Role Cop)
Bomb
, Bulletproof (both as town and scum role), Bus Driver, (Sane) Cop, (Insane) Cop,
Cult
, Doctor, Godfather, Jail Keeper,
Jester
, Lyncher, Mason (both town and scum), Miller, Redirector, Roleblocker, Role Cop (mafia only), Serial Killer, Survivor, Tracker, Traitor, Vigilante, Watcher, at maximum one Unique Undeclared Role. Keep in mind that all of these roles can be slightly altered from what you normally expect (while keeping their essential character).
2. It is possible that some roles are combined, where it makes sense (but I'm not trying to create a jack-of-all trades role)
3. Due to the numbers involved, Trackers and Watchers will, if included, operate as normal and not as in Mini-842.
4. Doctors may not self-protect.
5. If included, cops will not be informed of sanity but will be limited to Insane or Sane. A cop's sanity will be determined by a coinflip on random.org.
6. A word about balance: It is impossible to predict the possible outcomes with so many players. Thus, when discussing balance recognize I use the following standard: every player should have a realistic chance of winning if they play well. This does not mean you can expect that I've managed to weight each player/team to have equal win possibilities. Any person who purports to have done so in a 25 player game is lying.
7. In the event there are backups, that backup does not (a) continue the action of the player who died or (b) [in the event of a cop, tracker, watcher, or role cop backup] get the information of the dead player.
8. IF you want a description (note: not the role PM) or have further questions about any of the above roles, you may ask either before the start of the game (i.e. in the confirm stage) in the thread or within the first 5 days of the first game day, the first role claim, or the first day kill -- whichever comes first.

Sample Townie PM. Please don't quoteYou are a vanilla town member. You win when the town wins. The town wins by eliminating all anti-town forces (as example, this includes SKs, Mafia, Cult but does not include Lynchers, Jesters, Survivors). You have no powers except the power to vote, use it wisely. Please note the plurality voting, lynch + 24 hours lynch rules. Also, take note of the 500 word limit.

Last, be aware that you may be a Miller or a backup.

Confirm in thread
Last edited by zoraster on Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:44 am, edited 13 times in total.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:06 am

Post by zoraster »

That night five more bodies were found. This time, however, it wasn’t just Michael Tiveria, the town fool. And it wasn’t just the three idiots who had formed a cult (they named it Dr. Funke’s 100% Natural Good-Time Family Band Solution, but we all knew them as “Those Wackos”). And it certainly wasn’t good old Hurbert Simpkins, who tragically died in his basement trying to perfect a bomb.

In addition to countless townies who had been gunned down in the street at night, half a dozen different mafia had been killed. Not only that, but our overpasses had been blighted with graffiti: “Mafia 1 rulz 2!” and “2>1” are just two of the more eloquent examples.

You see, we had a Mafia infestation. It was bad enough when George Thompkins, God rest his soul, started demanding money from local business to “protect” them from hoodlums. It was bad enough when George recruited more people to his business. When this really started is when Tina Williams, George’s chief Lieutenant, shot George in the head and then ran off to start a new Mafia syndicate. She brought a number of others over, but many stayed in the old organization. Unsurprisingly, this started a bloody war.

But that night that five bodies were found, one was of Tina Williams, one was of an unnamed Goon, and the other three were the Mayor, the Priest, and the beloved golden retriever, Sammy. It was the dog’s death that spurred the town into action. At the town hall, fighting to be heard over the shouts of others, Vincent Grotten took control: “it’s time we take matters into our own hands. It’s time we get rid of the scum of the earth. It is time, my good friends, for a lynching.” The town agreed it was a capital idea, and lynchings would commence at dusk every day until the Mafia was stopped.

If there’s anything Mafia 2 hates worse than Mafia 1, it’s a town that tries to fight back against its ruthless despotic rule. So, finding common cause, Mafia 1 and 2 became one once more… or at least until the town could be dealt with.

So that’s where we stand, town. It’s up to you to deal with this pestulance. Lynch daily, and get it right. We can’t let them get away with their murders. We can’t remain just…
Caught in the Crossfire.
(groan)

Michael Tiveria, the Jester, has been killed Night 0.

Maeby, the Cultist, has been killed Night 0.

Lindsey, the Cultist, has been killed Night 0.

Tobias, the Cult Leader, has been killed Night 0.

George Thompkins, the Mafia 1 Don, has been killed Night 0.

Tina Williams, the Mafia 2 Don, has been killed Night 0.

The Unknown Goon, the Mafia ? Goon, has been killed Night 0.

Fred, the Mayor, has been killed Night 0.

Hurbert Simpkins, the Bomb, has been killed Night 0.

Father Richard, the Priest, has been killed Night 0.

Sammy, the beloved Golden Retriever, has been killed Night 0.
Last edited by zoraster on Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:09 am, edited 4 times in total.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #3 (isolation #3) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:42 am

Post by zoraster »

The thread is open for confirmations. I did a lot of editing, which hopefully solved for contradictions, but if you see any in the rules or in your role PM or something, let me know ASAP.

Also, take note that I'll answer any questions that I can (or want to) about roles during the confirmation stage. If you want to ask about your own role, feel free to PM me.

Game clarification: The flavor does imply (and I am confirming) in conjunction with the Rules, that roles with strikes through them are not roles I have included in the setup. So there are no Jesters, no Cult, and no Bombs.
Last edited by zoraster on Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #9 (isolation #4) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:01 am

Post by zoraster »

zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #24 (isolation #5) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:23 am

Post by zoraster »

good catch, CSL. That was something I was going to try, but I decided it'd probably mostly just be annoying rather than something that adds anything to the game. you can ignore that rule (it has been struck out) . The rule was actually that you can't unvote, not that you can't change votes, but it's irrelevant now.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #32 (isolation #6) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:58 pm

Post by zoraster »

Hoopla wrote:
Vi wrote:Confirming that I need to go over that ruleset with you after the game.

...and that I got my role.
8. Finally, you will be considered inactive if you do not place a vote on a player, no matter how many posts you make, within the first 5 days of the start of any game day.

Good luck in lylo!
Crap. Another rule left over from that illfated rule (about no unvoting). Sigh. This has been removed as well. The reasoning behind it was that if I wasn't going to allow unvotes, I didn't want people just FoSing the whole time until they finally decided who to lynch. Obviously, that's not an issue here, and you are totally right. It wouldn't work in either situation. It has been striken.

I really did edit these a lot. I promise. Even if it doesn't show it.
Last edited by zoraster on Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #36 (isolation #7) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:05 pm

Post by zoraster »

One of the several reasons I removed it from my rules :)
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #42 (isolation #8) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:44 pm

Post by zoraster »

hiphop wrote:
zoraster wrote:1. All posts should be kept under 500 words.
I want to know how you will /confirm this? You said with Word, but how do you plan to put it into word? Copy and Paste? In another game I wanted to see the difference of the word count between what it says and what I actually wrote. I wrote 490, while when I copied back over, with all the quotes it added 50 words. Would I be over, or am I good? This post itself adds 4 words. 94 words before posting. 98 afterwards.
If it's any help, your post, including quote, was 96 words. This said, I wouldn't worry too much about it. I'm really not going to get "all up in someone's grill" if they're over by a few words. If they're repeatedly over, I'm going to warn them first and we can figure out why it's wrong, but this isn't my concern.

I'm more worried about walls of text and how to prevent it.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #47 (isolation #9) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:18 pm

Post by zoraster »

As we have all but two players confirmed, I'll start the game tomorrow morning (approximately 24 hours after I sent out the role PMs). I wouldn't be surprised if I've heard from at least RC by tomorrow morning, but if not I'll give both guys a couple of days after starting to post their first before seeking a replacement (after all, RC was the one who suggested many of you!).

Anyway, thanks to everyone for being so prompt. That was one of the fastest Large Normal Fills/Confirms I've seen.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #55 (isolation #10) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:55 am

Post by zoraster »

We only have one left to confirm, Idiotking. With 24/25 confirmed, I see little reason to hold off on starting the game now. I'll give Idiotking until Sunday morning to confirm and then I'll replace. Anyway:

DAY 1 Begins NOW!

Deadline at December 1st, 11:00am EST

A few points for consideration:
1. Anyone fake claiming or evaluating a claim should look at the "roles available" section.
2. I clarified a rule for lynching at II(3a).
3. Unless I'm unavailable to do so, post counts will be added to the first post on each page. Vote counts are always only good up to that post.
4. Lynch some scum, town!
5. In response to RC: I considered the hypocrisy of my rules. Then decided I didn't care ;)
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #182 (isolation #11) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:08 am

Post by zoraster »

Didn't you know that you were triple voter? anyway, yeah. I can do that. I obviously need to fix my spreadsheet anyway.

Corrected Vote Count (I Hope)
hiphop ( 0 )
Budja ( 1 ) SpyreX
charter ( 0 )
ConfidAnon ( 2 ) crypto - sigma
crypto ( 0 )
CSL ( 0 )
elvis_knits ( 0 )
Energetic Penguin ( 0 )
hitogoroshi ( 0 )
Hoopla ( 2 ) popsofctown - Energetic Penguin
Idiotking ( 0 )
imaginality ( 0 )
Infinis ( 0 )
Juls ( 0 )
Maemuki ( 0 )
Pads ( 0 )
popsofctown ( 1 ) - charter
Psychologic ( 0 )
RayFrost ( 0 )
RedCoyote ( 0 )
roflcopter ( 2 ) hitogoroshi - maemuki
sigma ( 3 ) Sotty7 - infinis - RedCoyote
Sotty7 ( 0 )
SpyreX ( 8 ) Pads - Vi - RayFrost - Budja - hiphop - Hoopla - roflcopter - ConfidAnon
Vi ( 1 ) - elvis_knits
Unvote ( 4 ) CSL - Idiotking - Juls - imaginality - Psychologic
Total Votes ( 25 )
Last edited by zoraster on Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #311 (isolation #12) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:25 pm

Post by zoraster »

Generally speaking, let me handle the word count limit. I'll try and annotate every post over 500 words as I have with Spyre's and Crypto's, so if a bit goes by and you don't see red text under one indicating that I've seen it, then let me know. Otherwise, it's my preference (but by no means a requirement) that you play the game and don't get bogged down in making sure the word limit is being followed when it's not especially egregious (if someone posts a 1600 word treatise, you have my permission to call them names)
Last edited by zoraster on Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #340 (isolation #13) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:39 am

Post by zoraster »

I sat back after reading RC's post as well as Hoopla's. Personally, when I designed the 500 word rule, I did not anticipate the pace of this game. At the rate it's gone currently, day 1 alone will span 100 pages. I doubt this pace is sustainable, and it's somewhat helped by the fact it's a weekend, but it's still an astounding pace to maintain. A few comments:

1. I understand that trying to catch up in 500 words is hard. However, consider that if everyone started posting large catch up posts it would just make it harder for anyone to catch up.
2. Still, I have to believe that it's unfair that someone maintaining what otherwise would be considered "good" activity (i.e. posting every day after work, for example) would be unable to really make any sort of difference.
3. No matter what, double posting to get around the word limit is forbidden. The difference between your posts, RC, and others, is that theirs was conversation. I'm the mod and cannot comment on the quality of content of those conversations, but as a mod I don't have problems with questions and answers. You may decide differently as a player.

Conclusion: There needs to be some adjustment made to take into account of the abnormal posting rate that's going on right now.

My purpose was never to have the word count be overly onerous. I considered allowing more words per post if someone hadn't posted in a while, but I didn't like the implications that had for lurking. Therefore, my solution is simply to up the word count to 750. Don't ask for another expansion. If you're running out of space with 750, I suggest asking yourself what is truly important in a post. Please note that with this expansion, I'll likely be more strict about enforcement.

The new rule is as follows (starred rules have changes):

Article V: Word Limit

*1. All posts unless otherwise noted here should be kept under
words.
2. This INCLUDES quotes. I'll just stick any post I suspect into word and run word count.
3. It includes what I SEE, so if you make a link, it's just the text I see that I count.
3. I'm not aiming to be really anal about this rule, so if someone is over by 5 words once or twice, it's probably not a big deal. But don't test me, please.
4. Do not try and get around my limit by posting twice or by just waiting for someone else to post and then continuing your own post. Spirit of the rule, not letter.
5. Penalties for repeat and/or blatant offenses include: warning, role penalty, replacement, mod kill.
*6. New replacements may make one post shortly after replacing that exceeds 750 words. The post should be kept under
words.
7. Any player at plurality within 24 hours of being lynched may post up to 1500 words per post.
*8. Any player coming off of an announced vacation leave where more than 300 posts were made in their absence will be allowed a post of 1500 words.

This rule is in effect immediately.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #395 (isolation #14) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:58 pm

Post by zoraster »

ATTENTION
ATTENTION
ATTENTION

We interrupt your regularly schedule bikering to bring you this surprising news: recently suspected villager ConfidAnon was recently found face down in a drainage ditch, shot in the head, next to the town hall. Sources say no one has a clue who killed ConfidAnon.

ConfidAnon the Vanilla Townie has been killed in this day.

We return you to your normally scheduled lynching

Day 1 Continues. Vote Count updated on Page 17
Last edited by zoraster on Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #464 (isolation #15) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:22 am

Post by zoraster »

Juls wrote:I apologize but the pace of this game and my schedule for the upcoming couple weeks are
not
going to mesh well. So I am regretfully going to have to ask for a replacement.

mod: please replace me. My sincere apologies
Seeking replacement for Juls
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #509 (isolation #16) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:55 pm

Post by zoraster »

EtherealCookie replaces Juls.

Thanks, Ethereal!
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #531 (isolation #17) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:38 pm

Post by zoraster »

Vi wrote:
@mod: Please prod/replace Psychologic
Done. This is a good time to remind everyone of a certain rule. I try not to prod people on my own unless it's gotten really bad so that I don't show subconscious bias. I'll do it, but I prefer to have players tell me when to prod

Rule III(10) & IV(7) wrote:Players may be prodded at ANY TIME as long as it is not abusive and obviously absurd. To ask for a prod, simply bold the request:
Prod: Zoraster.
Last edited by zoraster on Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #738 (isolation #18) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:41 pm

Post by zoraster »

Looking for a replacement for Budja. I'll let CSL calm down and reconsider, as that would be really lame and contrary to the spirit of mafia as a whole.

Votes will be updated later tonight.

hit wrote:Mod: Is the vote count for Maemuki on the top of pages 23,24 correct? Or should those be '2's?
The vote number was wrong. I fixed it, but that means I probably misplaced another vote. I'll make sure it's correct when I get back home tonight. Thanks for your keen eye!
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #779 (isolation #19) » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:51 pm

Post by zoraster »

Shotty to the Body replaces Budja

Three Cheers for Shotty!

CSL is blacklisted from my future games. As if mods don't have enough trouble getting replacements...

Psychologic has until tomorrow to post substantively or I'll start looking for a replacement there as well.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #805 (isolation #20) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:26 am

Post by zoraster »

Please check for any mistakes. the first section is the vote count, the second are the votes each player has placed. Majority has been reached as of 5am EST today. You have until 5am EST tomorrow to change votes. I have a replacement lined up. I could throw him to the wolves and let you lynch, but the majority at least right now seems convincing, so I'd rather hold off to let him replace Psychologic if Psych can't catch up in time.

hiphop ( 0 )
shotty to the body ( 1 ) - SpyreX
charter ( 0 )
crypto ( 2 ) - Energetic Penguin - CSL
CSL ( 15 ) - RedCoyote - sigma - Pads - crypto - popsofctown - roflcopter - Infinis - shotty to the body - charter - hiphop - idiotking hoopla - imaginality - Vi - Sotty7

elvis_knits ( 0 )
Energetic Penguin ( 1 ) - hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi ( 0 )
Hoopla ( 0 )
Idiotking ( 1 ) - elvis_knits
imaginality ( 0 )
Infinis ( 1 ) - RayFrost
EtherealCookie ( 0 )
Maemuki ( 0 )
Pads ( 0 )
popsofctown ( 0 )
Psychologic ( 0 )
RayFrost ( 0 )
RedCoyote ( 0 )
roflcopter ( 0 )
sigma ( 0 )
Sotty7 ( 0 )
SpyreX ( 0 )
Vi ( 0 )
Unvote ( 3 ) - EtherealCookie - Psychologic - Maemuki
Total Votes ( 24 )

Voter Voting For
hiphop CSL
shotty to the body CSL
charter CSL
crypto CSL
CSL crypto
elvis_knits idiotking
Energetic Penguin crypto
hitogoroshi Energetic Penguin
Hoopla CSL
Idiotking CSL
imaginality CSL
Infinis CSL
EtherealCookie Unvote
Maemuki unvote
Pads CSL
popsofctown CSL
Psychologic Unvote
RayFrost infinis
RedCoyote CSL
roflcopter CSL
sigma CSL
Sotty7 CSL
SpyreX shotty to the body
Vi CSL
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #806 (isolation #21) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:37 am

Post by zoraster »

Zakeri replaces Psychologic

Thanks Zak!
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #878 (isolation #22) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:10 pm

Post by zoraster »

I won't be awake at 5am for obvious reasons. You should feel free to talk after that period until I can lock the thread when I wake up, but whoever has the most votes at 5am will get lynched unless someone else has managed to get a new majority of votes
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #894 (isolation #23) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:28 am

Post by zoraster »

It took us a while for us to lynch the first. The discussion was heated, and in an unusual act of boldness, a townie was downed in the middle of the day. That just strengthened our resolve though; it was a matter of time before they came for the rest of us.

Eventually we decided on CSL. The question was whether his reaction was the sign of his guilt ridden conscience or merely a psychotic paranoia?

"I gotta get out of here!" CSL kept saying. God did not heed his prayer, but the town did. We went medieval on his ass.

Literally. Rather than the traditional method for a good lynch of hanging him from a tree, we strung him up to a rack and started pulling. He maintained his innocence until the third turn when he cried out, "I'll tell you whatever you want to know!" Of course, his guilty confession just made us want to kill him more. So we turned until the arms left the sockets. CSL either died from the shock or blood loss. We're not sure, but we rested easy in that we lynched our first scum.

We should have known that confessions under torture only get what the torturer wants to hear.

CSL the Vanilla Townie has been lynched

Night 1 begins. All night actions must be given to me by Saturday morning (roughly 11am).
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #895 (isolation #24) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:10 am

Post by zoraster »

The night was filled with gunshots once again. Despite the town's best efforts, we knew slaughter was still taking place.

So it came as no surprise when we found crypto tethered to a roof riddled full of gunshots. Nor did it surprise us that imaginality was locked in the Spa's Sauna with the heat turned all the way up, shriveled up like a prune. And it certainly didn't surprise us to find Hoopla with two gunshots, one in each eye, posed as a scarecrow at the busiest intersection in town.

But this just strengthened the town's resolve. It was time to lynch some scum.

imaginality the Mafia Roleblocker was killed

crypto the Vanilla Townie was killed

Hoopla the Vanilla Townie was killed

Flavor clarification: types of deaths do not indicate alignment of killer and are merely for entertainment reasons.

Day 2 begins now.

InfoDeadline at December 12th, 10:00am
With 20 alive, it takes 11 to reach majority.
Last edited by zoraster on Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #925 (isolation #25) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:14 pm

Post by zoraster »

Vote Count, Day 2
hiphop ( 0 )
shotty to the body ( 0 )
charter ( 0 )
elvis_knits ( 3 ) - Vi - Idiotking - roflcopter
Energetic Penguin ( 0 )
hitogoroshi ( 0 )
Idiotking ( 0 )
Infinis ( 0 )
Xylthixlm ( 0 )
Maemuki ( 0 )
Pads ( 2 ) - SpyreX - hitogoroshi
popsofctown ( 0 )
Zakeri ( 0 )
RayFrost ( 0 )
RedCoyote ( 0 )
roflcopter ( 0 )
sigma ( 1 ) - elvis_knits
Sotty7 ( 0 )
SpyreX ( 0 )
Vi ( 1 ) - charter
Unvote ( 13 ) - hiphop - shotty to the body - Energetic Penguin - Infinis - Xylthixlm - Maemuki - Pads - popsofctown - Zakeri - RayFrost - RedCoyote - sigma - Sotty7
Total Votes ( 20 )

With 20 alive, 11 needed to reach a majority.
Deadline is at December 12th, 10am EST

EtherealCookie feels he must replace out. Looking for a replacement.
Last edited by zoraster on Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #926 (isolation #26) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:29 pm

Post by zoraster »

Xylthixlm replaces EtherealCookie

Hip hip horay!
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #1005 (isolation #27) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:06 am

Post by zoraster »

ATTENTION
ATTENTION
ATTENTION

We interrupt your regularly scheduled walls of text to bring you this news news: recently suspected elvis_knits was recently found in several pieces. She had been tied to the train tracks before the 9:34 from Villageville came through. Sources say no one has a clue who killed elvis_knits.

elvis_knits the Mafia Mason has been killed in this day.

A brief selection from elvis_knits' role PM (you
may
discuss this): "You may daytalk with your mason partner, but not with the other scum. You have two separate QTs for these two purposes. "

This clarification was made to elvis as well (so it's only fair here): Mason partners are CONFIRMED SCUM.

Day 2 Continues. Vote Count will be updated shortly.
Last edited by zoraster on Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #1010 (isolation #28) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:20 am

Post by zoraster »

This clarification was made to elvis as well (so it's only fair here): Mason partners are CONFIRMED SCUM.
Last edited by zoraster on Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #1017 (isolation #29) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:44 am

Post by zoraster »

Also OOC what special powers do Mafia Masons have that regular Mafia don't? They already have night-talk and know each other's alignments so what's their deal?

I would read the role PM
carefully
in 1005.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #1025 (isolation #30) » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:51 am

Post by zoraster »

Vote Count, Day 2, Post Day Kill
hiphop ( 0 )
shotty to the body ( 0 )
charter ( 0 )
Energetic Penguin ( 0 )
hitogoroshi ( 0 )
Idiotking ( 1 ) - RedCoyote
Infinis ( 0 )
Xylthixlm ( 0 )
Maemuki ( 2 ) - Infinis - Vi
Pads ( 2 ) - SpyreX - hitogoroshi
popsofctown ( 0 )
Zakeri ( 0 )
RayFrost ( 1 ) - Idiotking
RedCoyote ( 1 ) - hiphop
roflcopter ( 0 )
sigma ( 0 )
Sotty7 ( 0 )
SpyreX ( 0 )
Vi ( 1 ) - charter
Unvote ( 11 ) - shotty to the body - Energetic Penguin - Maemuki - popsofctown - Zakeri - sigma - roflcopter - Xylthixlm - Pads - sotty7
Total Votes ( 19 )

With 19 alive, 10 needed to reach a majority.
Deadline is at December 12th, 10am EST

By the way, I thought I'd just warn you that while I'll be monitoring the game and trying my best to keep an up-to-date vote count going, I'll be out of town Wed-Sunday for (American) Thanksgiving. If you don't get quick responses, that's why.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #1083 (isolation #31) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:46 am

Post by zoraster »

fhqwhgads replaces Energetic Penguin

Please note that if you type vote in bold and then bang your head on your keyboard, I'll probably understand you mean to vote for fhqwhgads ;)
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #1131 (isolation #32) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:16 am

Post by zoraster »

Majority has been reached. You have 24 hours to move your votes if you wish to find a new plurality. The day will end unless a new majority is formed tomorrow (Wednesday) at 4pm EST.

Just as a heads up, I'll almost assuredly make the night deadline longer this time around due to (American) Thanksgiving.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #1184 (isolation #33) » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:39 am

Post by zoraster »

Vote Count, Final Day 2
hiphop ( 0 )
shotty to the body ( 0 )
charter ( 0 )
Energetic Penguin ( 0 )
hitogoroshi ( 1 ) - RayFrost
Idiotking ( 0 )
Infinis ( 0 )
Xylthixlm ( 0 )
Maemuki ( 10 ) - Infinis - Vi - roflcopter - charter - Zakeri - RedCoyote - sigma - Xylthixlm - SpyreX - popsofctown

Pads ( 0 )
popsofctown ( 0 )
Zakeri ( 0 )
RayFrost ( 1 ) - Idiotking
RedCoyote ( 1 ) - hiphop
roflcopter ( 0 )
sigma ( 2 ) - shotty to the body - sotty7
Sotty7 ( 0 )
SpyreX ( 0 )
Vi ( 0 )
Unvote ( 4 ) - Energetic Penguin - Maemuki - Pads - hitogoroshi
Total Votes ( 19 )

Despite having lynched incorrectly the day before, the town was confident that their new efforts had been successful. After all, two mafia were dead, and that has to be a good thing!

However, Day 2 turned out to be just as successful as the last. They hung her just high but she turned out to be just as innocent.

Maemuki the Vanilla Townie was lynched

Due to Thanksgiving, the deadline for night actions is Monday, 11am EST. If all actions are in earlier, I'll start the game.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #1185 (isolation #34) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:24 am

Post by zoraster »

The onslaught continued, but everyone is the town agreed it was a quiet night. Was it because the Mafia had finally been cowed to the town's will, fearing execution? Or was it simply the calm before the storm?

Even if it was relatively calm, two people died last night. We shall not forget that

Sigma the Vanilla Townie was killed

Vi the Vanilla Townie was killed

Day 3 begins. Because many people are still likely to be traveling and away from home, I won't start prodding anyone by request until Monday. The deadline is December 12th at 4pm EST. With 16 alive, it takes 9 to reach a majority.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #1258 (isolation #35) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:34 am

Post by zoraster »

Vote counts coming soon. Sorry about that, I've been busy at a wedding all weekend.

EDIT: Finished updating. Sorry if the formatting is funny. I'm doing the vote counts on google docs on my laptop rather than my spreadsheet at home so some of the nice formatting options aren't available and I'm too lazy to assure it looks nice for each page. Anyway, correct me if I've made any mistakes.
Last edited by zoraster on Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #1291 (isolation #36) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:15 am

Post by zoraster »

ATTENTION
ATTENTION
ATTENTION

We interrupt your regularly scheduled scumhunting to bring you this breaking news: It's daytime, but remarkably there have been two unrelated deaths.
[Mod Note: This means two different killers, the reports are just being lumped together]

Infinis the Vanilla Townie was killed

charter the Mafia Roleblocker and ex-Traitor Vigilante was killed

Some clarification to charter's role: Charter was a traitor vigilante who could shoot each night until recruited but the mafia did not know who he was and he did not know who the mafia was (both were informed of the others' existence but not who). He was recruited by the Mafia one night, became a Mafia Goon but was actually the backup Roleblocker, so with imaginality dead, charter became the roleblocker.

Day 3 Continues. Vote Count will be updated shortly.
Last edited by zoraster on Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #1292 (isolation #37) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:32 am

Post by zoraster »

Vote Count, Day 3, Post killings
hiphop ( 3 ) - Sotty7 - SpyreX - RayFrost
shotty to the body ( 0 )
fhqwhgads ( 0 )
hitogoroshi ( 0 )
Idiotking ( 1 ) RedCoyote
Xylthixlm ( 0 )
Pads ( 0 )
popsofctown ( 0 )
Zakeri ( 0 )
RayFrost ( 0 )
RedCoyote ( 3 ) - hiphop - Xylthixlm - roflcopter
roflcopter ( 0 )
Sotty7 ( 0 )
SpyreX ( 0 )
Unvote ( 7 ) - fhqwhgads - hitogoroshi - idiotking pads zakeri - Shotty to the Body - popsofctown
Total Votes ( 14 )

With 14 alive, 8 needed to reach a majority.
Deadline is at December 12th, 4pm EST
Last edited by zoraster on Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #1330 (isolation #38) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:46 pm

Post by zoraster »

Big couple of days. Vote updates tomorrow morning.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #1414 (isolation #39) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:17 am

Post by zoraster »

RC wrote: ask the Mod how long we have until the deadline.
I think this was answered by another, but the answer is December 12th at 4pm EST. In the future, you can always (if I'm on the ball) look at the top of the first page or at the vote count on any page from that day.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #1499 (isolation #40) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:01 pm

Post by zoraster »

Just a word of warning: Majority on RayFrost was reached here. The person with the most votes at the end of 24 hours (at 3:45pm EST tomorrow) will be lynched. In the event of a tie, RayFrost will be lynched.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #1571 (isolation #41) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:16 pm

Post by zoraster »

Just as a note: CSL apologized for his play, so I've taken him off my blacklist. I understand things happen, and this wasn't nearly so egregious as to be unforgivable.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #1602 (isolation #42) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:45 am

Post by zoraster »

Vote Count, Final Day 3
hiphop ( 1 ) - Sotty7
shotty to the body ( 1 ) - popsofctown
fhqwhgads ( 1 ) - RayFrost
hitogoroshi ( 1 ) - Pads
Idiotking ( 0 )
Xylthixlm ( 0 )
Pads ( 0 )
popsofctown ( 0 )
Zakeri ( 0 )
RayFrost ( 7 ) - Xylthixlm - roflcopter - Shotty to the Body - RedCoyote - idiotking - fhqwhgads - SpyreX
RedCoyote ( 0 )
roflcopter ( 0 )
Sotty7 ( 0 )
SpyreX ( 0 )
Unvote ( 3 ) - zakeri - hiphop - hitogoroshi
Total Votes ( 14 )

The town gathered for another lynch. Though they hadn't lynched a mafia member yet, they were confident that today would be the day. At least, that is, until the admittedly psychotic serial killer announced his presence. The town though, unsurprisingly, that though he wasn't mafia, he sure was scum.

RayFrost the Serial Killer was Lynched

His Role PM:
Serial KillerYou are a third party Serial Killer. You win when all other parties are destroyed. You come up INNOCENT to cops.

You are immune from being shot if there are 13 or more players left alive.* Note: you may still be lynched!
If there are 12 and under players alive, you wear a bulletproof vest that can take one bullet.

You may choose to kill anyone either in the day or night. You may kill once per day/night cycle. For example, if you kill Day 1, you cannot kill Night 1. If you kill Night 1, you may kill Day 2.

You MUST kill by the 800th post of the game if Day 1 goes that long or a kill will be randomized for you. I won't ask you first, so you must send in your PM by the 800th post. Otherwise, all killing is optional.

Day kill specifications:
1. Generally, day kills will be made instantly. However, any day kill you give me within the first 48 hours of the day will be made at the end of the 48 hours.
2. I put up the kill when I see the PM.
3. You may NOT day kill once a majority has been reached.
4. You may NOT day kill within 72 hours of the posted deadline.
5. All day kills should be made to me by PM.

Please note the plurality voting, lynch + 24 hours lynch rules. Also, take note of the 500 word limit.

Confirm in thread

Any night roles need to PM me their choices within 48 hours, so by 3:45pm EST on Sunday, preferably before.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #1603 (isolation #43) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:25 am

Post by zoraster »

When we first started their campaign against the Mafia, there had been 25. Now there were only 13. Everyone agreed that was a lot of bloodshed for only three days. But our determination was not wavering. We would lynch again. But first, we would sleep and hope for a bloodless night for once.

We were out of luck.

Roflcopter, the Sane Cop was killed.

You also find out that crypto was the backup cop

Cop PMYou are a Town Cop. You win when the town wins. The town wins by eliminating all anti-town forces (as example, this includes SKs, Mafia, Cult but does not include Lynchers, Jesters, Survivors).

Every night you attempt to investigate one player. If you are sane, Mafia come up as Guilty. Town come up as innocent. Third parties come up as innocent. Godfathers come up as Innocent. Millers come up as Guilty. Traitors come up as guilty. If you are insane, ALL of these are reversed.

You have a randomly chosen 50/50 chance (using random.org) of being Sane or being Insane.

Please note the plurality voting, lynch + 24 hours lynch rules. Also, take note of the 500 word limit.

Confirm in thread

Day 4 starts immediately. The deadline is December 18th at 4:30pm EST
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #1604 (isolation #44) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:35 am

Post by zoraster »

Just for reference, I sent out the following message to all players still alive.

PMWe had a little lull of activity from some players, so this is a general message that Day 4 is beginning. The deadlines from here on will be fairly short (12 days today, 10 for each future day), so make sure to keep the activity levels up and if you want someone prodded, please don't hesitate.

I hope it's been exciting and fun for you so far. Good luck with the rest of the game.

Love,
Zoraster

CCed: All
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #1621 (isolation #45) » Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:35 pm

Post by zoraster »

Xylthixlm wrote:
Xylthixlm wrote:I'm going to skin him with a rusty knife. No pressure.
This was hyperbole by the way.
Good. I would hope you'd use a properly sterilized knife.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #1639 (isolation #46) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:46 am

Post by zoraster »

hiphop wrote: mod: is it possible to see charter's role pm, for clarification purposes?
I have clarified as much as I can in the kill post. If you have something specific you're confused about with that clarification, let me know.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #1641 (isolation #47) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:49 am

Post by zoraster »

@mod: A clarification about charter I need is whether he won with scum even if he wasn't recruited. If that is allowed I would like to know.
Yes, he won whether recruited or not.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #1746 (isolation #48) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:45 pm

Post by zoraster »

I'm sick and sleepy, so I'm going to sleep, but hiphops is the majority post.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #1756 (isolation #49) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:51 am

Post by zoraster »

Zakeri the Town Jail Keeper was lynched.

You also find out that CSL was the back up Jail Keeper

Sorry for the lack of flavor; I didn't have time to write something up. Night 4 begins. All night actions are due to me by Sunday morning, 11am.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #1757 (isolation #50) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:33 am

Post by zoraster »

Our dwindling numbers did not deter us, but we knew there would be more shots in the night. Our job was not done. We found hitogoroshi encased in concrete, unable to breathe (oh, and dead). And then we found Xylthixlm hanged, Western style (the horse was chewing grass five yards away).

hitogoroshi the Vanilla Townie was killed.

Xylthixlm the Vanilla Townie was killed.

Day 5 begins. The deadlines from here on out are 10 days (with possible adjustments for the holidays). That means the deadline for today is December 23rd, at 11am EST.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #1799 (isolation #51) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:16 am

Post by zoraster »

Because it's been a while since the last vote count in time (but not space):

Vote Count, Day 5
hiphop ( 2 ) - idiotking - popsofctown
shotty to the body ( 1 ) - Pads
fhqwhgads ( 0 )
Idiotking ( 2 ) - SpyreX - fhqwhgads
Pads ( 0 )
popsofctown ( 0 )
RedCoyote ( 1 ) - hiphop
Sotty7 ( 0 )
SpyreX ( 0 )
Unvote ( 3 ) - Shotty to the Body - Sotty7 - RedCoyote
Total Votes ( 9 )

With 9 alive, 5 needed for a majority.
Deadline is December 23rd, 11am EST
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #1817 (isolation #52) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:54 am

Post by zoraster »

Five days to go until the deadline (roughly).

Vote Count, Day 5
hiphop ( 2 ) - idiotking - popsofctown
shotty to the body ( 2 ) - Pads - Sotty7
fhqwhgads ( 0 )
Idiotking ( 3 ) - SpyreX - fhqwhgads - RedCoyote
Pads ( 0 )
popsofctown ( 0 )
RedCoyote ( 1 ) - hiphop
Sotty7 ( 0 )
SpyreX ( 0 )
Unvote ( 1 ) - Shotty to the Body
Total Votes ( 9 )

With 9 alive, 5 needed for a majority.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #1828 (isolation #53) » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:05 am

Post by zoraster »

When there were nine left
Idiotking the villager
Died a haiku death

Idiotking the Vanilla Townie has been killed

Day 5 continues. With 8 alive, 5 still needed to reach a majority
Last edited by zoraster on Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #1832 (isolation #54) » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:40 am

Post by zoraster »

Vote Count, Day 5, Post Day Kill
hiphop ( 0 )
shotty to the body ( 3 ) - Pads - Sotty7 - popsofctown
fhqwhgads ( 0 )
Pads ( 0 )
popsofctown ( 0 )
RedCoyote ( 1 ) - hiphop
Sotty7 ( 0 )
SpyreX ( 0 )
Unvote ( 4 ) - Shotty to the Body - SpyreX - fhqwhgads - RedCoyote
Total Votes ( 8 )

With 8 alive, 5 needed for a majority.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #1845 (isolation #55) » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:00 am

Post by zoraster »

RC, your post was over the limit. This is a warning.

hiphop wrote:mod if the lyncher wins, will I and the rest of the town lose?
I've suggested in MD that I'd like to make a Lyncher win end the game. However, if I did this, it'd be a pretty steep deviation from the norm, and I'd have to include it in the rules. I have not done so. So if I've included a Lyncher, a Lyncher win will not end the game if it wins.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #1877 (isolation #56) » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:58 pm

Post by zoraster »

Deadline is in 11 hours. Currently no player has a plurality.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #1899 (isolation #57) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:32 am

Post by zoraster »

Vote Count, Day 5
hiphop ( 2 ) popsofctown fhqwhgads
shotty to the body ( 2 ) Sotty7 Pads
fhqwhgads ( 0 )
Pads ( 0 )
popsofctown ( 0 )
RedCoyote ( 1 ) hiphop
Sotty7 ( 3 ) Shotty to the Body RedCoyote SpyreX
SpyreX ( 0 )
Unvote ( 0 )
Total Votes ( 8 )

With 8 alive, 5 needed for a majority.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #1906 (isolation #58) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:48 am

Post by zoraster »

Vote Count, Day 5 Final
hiphop ( 2 ) popsofctown fhqwhgads
shotty to the body ( 2 ) Sotty7 Pads
fhqwhgads ( 0 )
Pads ( 0 )
popsofctown ( 0 )
RedCoyote ( 1 ) hiphop
Sotty7 ( 3 ) Shotty to the Body RedCoyote SpyreX

SpyreX ( 0 )
Unvote ( 0 )
Total Votes ( 8 )

We all hung our heads. It wasn't a great day because:

Sotty7 the Vanilla Townie was Lynched

Night begins immediately. Due to Christmas, the deadline will be at 11am EST on December 26th.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #1907 (isolation #59) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:14 am

Post by zoraster »

Shameless Advertisement during this Intermission:

Sign-ups for Real Time Mafia Mini-Theme have opened. Basically there are no nights or days, all Power Roles have recharge times measured in days and most powers have durations (e.g. The tracker can track for X number of days every Y number of days). Anyway, if you're interested, sign up in the queue thread:

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 06#2026906

I'd love to have any of you play in my games as you've been a great bunch to moderate. This game will move fast, though!
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #1908 (isolation #60) » Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:23 pm

Post by zoraster »

Merry Christmas. One of you is dead.

RedCoyote the Vigilante was killed.

You also learn that Xyl was his backup.

His Role PM:

Vigil PMYou are a Town Vigil. You win when the town wins. The town wins by eliminating all anti-town forces (as example, this includes SKs, Mafia, Cult but does not include Lynchers, Jesters, Survivors).

You may choose to kill anyone either in the day or night. You may kill once per day/night cycle. For example, if you kill Day 1, you cannot kill Night 1. If you kill Night 1, you may kill Day 2.

Day kill specifications:
1. Generally, day kills will be made instantly. However, any day kill you give me within the first 48 hours of the day will be made at the end of the 48 hours.
3. You may NOT day kill anyone who has the plurality of the vote at any time.
4. You may NOT day kill once a majority has been reached.
5. You may NOT day kill within 72 hours of the posted deadline.
6. All day kills should be made to me by PM.

Confirm in thread

Day 6 begins Immediately. Given the holidays, I won't count today, new year's eve, or new year's day toward the 10 day count. The deadline, then, is 11:00am on January 7th.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #1909 (isolation #61) » Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:28 pm

Post by zoraster »

Vote Count, Day 6
hiphop ( 0 )
shotty to the body ( 0 )
fhqwhgads ( 0 )
Pads ( 0 )
popsofctown ( 0 )
SpyreX ( 0 )
Unvote ( 6 ) hiphop Shotty to the Body SpyreX popsofctown fhqwhgads Pads
Total Votes ( 6 )

With 6 alive, 4 needed for a majority.
Deadline is January 7th, 11am EST
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #1930 (isolation #62) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:37 pm

Post by zoraster »

popsofctown wrote:if we are all dumb chimpanzees.
I smell a new role for a theme game.

that is all. please continue
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #1958 (isolation #63) » Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:09 pm

Post by zoraster »

Vote Count, Day 6
hiphop ( 0 )
shotty to the body ( 2 ) Pads hiphop
fhqwhgads ( 0 )
Pads ( 0 )
popsofctown ( 0 )
SpyreX ( 0 )
No Lynch ( 3 ) SpyreX popsofctown fhqwhgads
Unvote ( 1 ) Shotty to the Body
Total Votes ( 6 )

Deadline is January 7th, 11am EST
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #1961 (isolation #64) » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:12 am

Post by zoraster »

Vote Count, Day 6
hiphop ( 0 )
fhqwhgads ( 0 )
Pads ( 0 )
popsofctown ( 0 )
SpyreX ( 0 )
No Lynch ( 4 ) SpyreX popsofctown fhqwhgads Shotty to the Body

Unvote ( 0 )
Total Votes ( 6 )

Majority is reached. You have until tomorrow (Monday) at 2pm EST to change votes.

A majority has been reached! Day will end at 2pm EST tomorrow (Monday) unless a new majority is reached.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #1974 (isolation #65) » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:55 am

Post by zoraster »

It is night. All night actions are due by 2pm EST on Wednesday, January 6th.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #1975 (isolation #66) » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:08 am

Post by zoraster »

Night time again. The town was discouraged. They had only managed to lynch one scum, and it was just that crazy serial killer. Perhaps today would be different. It would be more difficult, though, without fhqwhgads.

fhqwhgads the Vanilla Townie was killed

Day 7 begins. With 5 alive, it takes 3 to reach a majority. The deadline will occur on Saturday the 16th at 11am EST.
Last edited by zoraster on Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #1988 (isolation #67) » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:00 am

Post by zoraster »

Let's get a vote count up in here:

Vote Count, Day 7
hiphop ( 0 )
shotty to the body ( 1 ) Pads
Pads ( 1 ) SpyreX
popsofctown ( 0 )
SpyreX ( 0 )
No Lynch ( 0 )
Unvote ( 3 ) popsofctown Shotty to the Body hiphop
Total Votes ( 5 )

With 5 alive, 3 needed for a majority.
Deadline is January 16th, 11am EST
Last edited by zoraster on Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #2003 (isolation #68) » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:45 pm

Post by zoraster »

Vote Count, Day 7
hiphop ( 0 )
Pads ( 2 ) SpyreX Shotty to the Body
popsofctown ( 0 )
SpyreX ( 0 )
No Lynch ( 0 )
Unvote ( 1 ) popsofctown
Total Votes ( 5 )

zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #2016 (isolation #69) » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:48 pm

Post by zoraster »

Vote Count, Day 7
hiphop ( 0 )
shotty to the body ( 1 ) hiphop
Pads ( 2 ) SpyreX Shotty to the Body
popsofctown ( 1 ) Pads
SpyreX ( 0 )
No Lynch ( 0 )
Unvote ( 1 ) popsofctown
Total Votes ( 5 )

zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #2029 (isolation #70) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:41 am

Post by zoraster »

You have roughly two days before the deadline hits.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #2031 (isolation #71) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:49 am

Post by zoraster »

Final Vote Count, Day 7
hiphop ( 0 )
shotty to the body ( 2 ) hiphop Pads
Pads ( 3 ) SpyreX Shotty to the Body popsofctown

popsofctown ( 0 )
SpyreX ( 0 )
No Lynch ( 0 )
Unvote ( 0 )
Total Votes ( 5 )

The town tried their best, but the Mafia had been doing this for some time. So when everyone lynched Pads, it was a relatively simple job for the Mafia.

Night 8:
Shotty to the Body was shot, ironically, in the head... but still with a shotgun.
Shotty to the Body the Vanilla Townie was killed

Day 8:
The Mafia giggled as it was now 2 to 1 in their favor. Not wanting to draw out the voting, they both immediately placed their votes on SpyreX.

SpyreX the Town Miller was Lynched

The Mafia Wins!

Winners:

popsofctown
hiphop
charter
elvis_knits
imaginality
Last edited by zoraster on Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #2034 (isolation #72) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:30 am

Post by zoraster »

Final Vote Count, Day 7
hiphop ( 0 )
shotty to the body ( 2 ) hiphop Pads
Pads ( 3 ) SpyreX Shotty to the Body popsofctown

popsofctown ( 0 )
SpyreX ( 0 )
No Lynch ( 0 )
Unvote ( 0 )
Total Votes ( 5 )

The town tried their best, but the Mafia had been doing this for some time. So when everyone lynched Pads, it was a relatively simple job for the Mafia.

Night 8:
Shotty to the Body was shot, ironically, in the head... but still with a shotgun.
Shotty to the Body the Vanilla Townie was killed

Day 8:
The Mafia giggled as it was now 2 to 1 in their favor. Not wanting to draw out the voting, they both immediately placed their votes on SpyreX.

SpyreX the Town Miller was Lynched

The Mafia Wins!

Winners:

popsofctown
hiphop
charter
elvis_knits
imaginality
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #2035 (isolation #73) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:34 am

Post by zoraster »

Cast of Characters:

Mafia Godfather played by hiphop
Mafia Roleblocker played by imaginality
Mafia Masons played by elvis_knits and popsofctown
Traitor (turning into Mafia Goon/replacement RB) played by charter

Serial Killer played by RayFrost

Vigilante played by RedCoyote
Backup Vigilante played by Xylthixlm
Jailkeeper played by Zakeri
Backup Jailkeeper played by CSL
Cop played by roflcopter
Backup cop played by crypto
The Miller played by SpreX
The Town played by:
Sigma, hitogoroshi, Pads, infinis, hoopla, Vi, Maemuki, Idiotking, ConfidAnon, Sotty7, Shotty to the Body, fhqwhgads

Actions:

Day 1:
RayFrost killed ConfidAnon
Night 1:
Imaginality roleblocked Idiotking
Zakeri Jailed Vi
Elvis_knits killed Hoopla
RedCoyote killed Imaginality
Charter killed crypto
Roflcopter investigated RedCoyote (got innocent)

Day 2:
RayFrost killed elvis_knits
Night 2:
Zakeri jailed Shotty to the Body
RedCoyote killed sigma
Charter killed Vi
Roflcopter investigated charter (got guilty)
Hiphop recruited charter

Day 3:
RayFrost killed infinis
RedCoyote killed charter
Night 3:
Zakeri jailed Sotty7 (randomized)
Popsofctown killed roflcopter

Night 4:
Hiphop killed Xyl
RedCoyote killed hitogoroshi

Day 5:
RedCoyote killed idiotking
Night 5:
Popsofctown killed RedCoyote

Night 6:
Hiphop killed fhw

Role PMs

Vigil PMYou are a Town Vigil. You win when the town wins. The town wins by eliminating all anti-town forces (as example, this includes SKs, Mafia, Cult but does not include Lynchers, Jesters, Survivors).

Day kill specifications:
3. You may NOT day kill anyone who has the plurality of the vote at any time.
4. You may NOT day kill once a majority has been reached.
5. You may NOT day kill within 72 hours of the posted deadline.
6. All day kills should be made to me by PM.

Confirm in thread

Jailer PMYou are a Jailkeeper. You win when the town wins. The town wins by eliminating all anti-town forces (as example, this includes SKs, Mafia, Cult but does not include Lynchers, Jesters, Survivors).

Every night you may choose one person. This person will first be BOTH roleblocked and ALL night actions against the player will be stopped.

Confirm in thread

Cop PMYou are a Town Cop. You win when the town wins. The town wins by eliminating all anti-town forces (as example, this includes SKs, Mafia, Cult but does not include Lynchers, Jesters, Survivors).

Every night you attempt to investigate one player. If you are sane, Mafia come up as Guilty. Town come up as innocent. Third parties come up as innocent. Godfathers come up as Innocent. Millers come up as Guilty. Traitors come up as guilty. If you are insane, ALL of these are reversed.

You have a randomly chosen 50/50 chance (using random.org) of being Sane or being Insane.

Confirm in thread

--------------

Serial KillerYou are a third party Serial Killer. You win when all other parties are destroyed. You come up INNOCENT to cops.

You are immune from being shot if there are 13 or more players left alive.* Note: you may still be lynched!
If there are 12 and under players alive, you wear a bulletproof vest that can take one bullet.

You MUST kill by the 250th post of the game if Day 1 goes that long or a kill will be randomized for you. I won't ask you first, so you must send in your PM by the 250th post. Otherwise, all killing is optional.

Day kill specifications:
3. You may NOT day kill once a majority has been reached.
4. You may NOT day kill within 72 hours of the posted deadline.
5. All day kills should be made to me by PM.

Confirm in thread

*The number of players is determined by when the shot aimed at you is made. For example, in a game with two mafia teams, two SKs, and two vigils, if there are 15 players, then the mafia shoot two other people, the two SKs shoot two more people, then a vigil shoots you, it will be considered 11 players, not 15

----------

Mafia 1 BP PMYou are a Mafia 1 Godfather. You win when your mafia team wins.

You are a Godfather and will come up as innocent to Sane Cops and Guilty to Insane Cops. If shot, you are impervious to one and only one bullet. Your bulletproof vest DISAPPEARS when there are 12 or fewer players alive.*

Every night your team may choose one player to kill. You must tell me who among your team is the person to actually carry out that kill.

You are aware that there is a traitor among the town. You don't know who it is, and he doesn't know you. You've heard he's also got a gun. Yikes. The traitor wins with you. You may spend a night kill to recruit a person. If that person is a traitor, they become a Mafia Goon.

Your Scumchat is here: http://www.quicktopic.com/43/H/8yYbKMSpb4dx

You may NOT daytalk.

Confirm in thread

*The number of players is determined by when the shot aimed at you is made. For example, in a game with two mafia teams, two SKs, and two vigils, if there are 15 players, then the mafia shoot two other people, the two SKs shoot two more people, then a vigil shoots you, it will be considered 11 players, not 15

Mafia 1 Roleblocker PMYou are a Mafia 1 Roleblocker. You win when your mafia team wins.

You may choose one player each night to roleblock. They are roleblocked for that night in addition to the following day.

Every night your team may choose one player to kill. You must tell me who among your team is the person to actually carry out that kill.

You are aware that there is a traitor among the town. You don't know who it is, and he doesn't know you. You've heard he's also got a gun. Yikes. The traitor wins with you. You may spend a night kill to recruit a person. If that person is a traitor, they become a Mafia Goon.

Your Scumchat is here: http://www.quicktopic.com/43/H/8yYbKMSpb4dx

You may NOT daytalk.

Confirm in thread

Mafia 1 Mason PMYou are a Mafia 1 Mason. You win when your mafia team wins.

You may daytalk with your mason partner, but not with the other scum. You have two separate QTs for these two purposes.

Your Scumchat: http://www.quicktopic.com/43/H/8yYbKMSpb4dx
Your Mason Talk: http://www.quicktopic.com/43/H/AUZNq488cUcmy

You may only daytalk in your mason talk thread.

Confirm in thread

TraitorYou are a Traitor Vigil. At one point, you were a Vigilante, trying to do justice to stop the onslaught. You realized you couldn't win, so you've become a Traitor to the town's cause. You're careful though in that you don't want to leave evidence.

You win with the Mafia 1 team. You don't know who's on the Mafia 1 team, and they don't know who you are. Every night you may select one player to shoot at. Sane Cops see you as Guilty and Insane Cops see you as Innocent.

The Mafia 1 team can use a night kill to recruit you. If they do this, you will become a Mafia Goon.

Confirm in thread
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #2036 (isolation #74) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:36 am

Post by zoraster »

I want to thank everyone for playing. This was a lot of fun to moderate as the players generally played well and actively. I know some mods take the view that it shouldn’t matter how well their players perform, but I am not one of those mods. Perhaps it’s a failing. I don’t know.

You will get a PM shortly with an anonymous survey. Please fill this out as it allows me to collect some comparable data without people feeling controlled by either me or anyone else. Feel free to make comments here, of course, but please don’t neglect to fill out the survey (it’ll only take a couple of minutes). This will help me be a better moderator.

Thoughts about the game:
  1. Popsofctown played a truly great game, in my mind. From the beginning, he came across as townie and positioned himself so that it would have been very difficult for town to win because of his very convincing distancing from hiphop. He has garnered a Scummy nomination from me.
  2. I’m sad this didn’t get to 3 person lylo, but I think it played out as a pretty balanced setup, as can be seen from various point in the game, it could have gone either way. The crucial point came Day 3 when charter (mafia roleblocker) was killed by RedCoyote (vigilante) and RayFrost was lynched by the town followed by roflcopter (cop) getting killed in the night. This left the game at 10 vs. 2 almost mountainous, though town had a vigilante and a jailkeeper which probably gave it the edge at this point in the game, but not (as we saw) an astounding one. At this point, the game could have gone either way.
  3. It’s tough to win as town if you never once manage to lynch mafia. That said, this count is deceiving as the town essentially directed the SK to add a lynch to their total until the 3rd day, and town did lynch the SK.
  4. One of the many things I learned doing this game is that, even when
    I
    think it’s obvious my meaning in flavor text, all game related activity in a normal game should be spelled out explicitly. I intended it to be VERY obvious that there was only one mafia team. Since neither the town during the day nor the scum at night thought there was only one team, I clearly did not do this. My apologies.
  5. A word about the backups: I wanted to create a setup with a fair number of kills a night but only a few power roles, but I did NOT want it to be particularly swingy. So I wanted to use backups for my power roles. However, I also didn’t want the existence (i.e. death or claim) of a backup to confirm an active role that is claiming. So as a result, my first draft had some “fake” backups. For example, there was a backup tracker, but no tracker. Unfortunately, while I was getting my setup reviewed, I was told that this would be a bastard mod move (or at least I interpreted it this way, it could have been a breakdown in communication). The fix was to make backups secret until there was simply no way they could confirm an active role. The fix was not ideal, and I knew it. But given the three choices given to me –have a secret backup (telling each vanilla they could be a backup/miller), have backups that could confirm active roles, or not include backups at all – I chose the one I thought best. Those were, as I saw it, the ONLY options available to me.
  6. So that traitor vigilante becoming a backup roleblocker, huh? Admittedly not normal (as one of my “you may use one or two roles – new or otherwise” roles), I still tried to make it so that it used only normal functions, though in an amalgam sort of way. I included it because I wanted to create a dynamic where there was some question as to the veracity of vigilante claims (which it did), increase the number of kills, didn’t increase the number of mafia factions, and a few other smaller reasons. I thought the role played out pretty nicely, actually. As the traitor didn’t know the ID of the mafia (or vice versa) it gave the traitor incentive to both give up his night kill by getting recruited as well as be very careful about actually shooting.
  7. I’d love to hear opinions on the day kill aspect of this game, but personally I liked it.
  8. I think plurality voting combined with 24 hours + lynch worked exceedingly well, especially as we got toward the end of the game. It seems to me that the rule tends to help scum toward the beginning of the game slightly (though only marginally as early game lynches tended to get majorities anyway) and hurt scum toward the end of the game (especially in lylo). Also, my observation is that the effect plurality voting has on scum is to hurt it toward the beginning of any given day and progressively help it as the deadline gets closer and closer. That’s not unique to plurality voting, but I do think it’s more pronounced.
  9. It’s pretty hard to judge the effect of the word limit from my seat as I’m not sure how much it actually constrained anyone, but I didn’t think it hurt the level of discourse at all.
  10. Miller/Godfather/Sanity Problems: I gave everyone I could fair warning this could happen. I don’t know if I’ll use a cop in a future game, but I think I join Vi in thinking it should be slowly retired. If this is the way I feel compelled to use a cop, I probably shouldn’t use it at all, but this will take more reflection.
  11. I hope everyone found that I was fair in their dealings with me, prompt in my vote counts, and either helped the game be more fun for you or at the very least didn’t get in the way of you having that fun. Mostly, I hope I did not disappoint your expectations of the game.
  12. Last, I’ll be sending around invitations for Parallel Universe Mafia once I consider when I want to actually start the game. It’s a theme game that will rely almost exclusively on scum hunting, but it has a dynamic that will make the game a little crazy while still maintaining an almost vanilla game. Feel free to PM me with pre-ins even before I send invitations.
  13. Look for your survey in your PM box.
Thank you again. I hope it was as fun for you as it was for me.
Last edited by zoraster on Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #2038 (isolation #75) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:20 am

Post by zoraster »

The posting is really slow, so if you're wondering why the first page/title has not been fixed, it's because it's not letting me.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #2060 (isolation #76) » Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:35 am

Post by zoraster »

Dead QT: http://www.quicktopic.com/43/H/vfZWdYjfXxMyb
I'm dazzled by the plurality rule and probably wouldn't play it again - it's unnecessary, and seems to add complexity just for the sake of it. A couple of months ago, I asked you about the benfits of plurality voting, which you said you couldn't go into detail about due to this game being run by it. I kind of want to know about those reasons, because I think later on that page Ectomancer hits the nail on the head;
It's a fair point, and I'll point out that in my current game as well as my upcoming game, I am not using the plurality mechanic. But..

First, the plurality rule itself doesn't add a whole lot more complexity, I don't think. There's not a lot else that a player has to consider at any point... all it does is say that when the deadline comes, there will be a lynch. The Lynch + 24 hour rule, on the other hand, is considerably more complex, but I also think of the two it's the rule that has the more positive effect.

Second, since you've focused on the plurality voting in particular, I'll try and address that: the attempt of the plurality voting rule is to do a few things: (a) try to increase the pressure by any individual vote, which in turn increases the activity and scum finding power of that vote; (b) decrease the power and relevance of the "hammer" vote [I find that the "hammer" vote, while an interesting analytical tool is avoided so wholeheartedly in some games that it tends to stagnate games.]; and (c) it increases the relevance of deadlines [though deadlines can be successfully implemented in majority voting setups, the binary solution of either reach a majority and lynch or don't lynch decreases the absolute relevance]

All this said, by far the lowest ratings I got in the survey so far have been on this point, although it's extremely divided. Most don't seem to care one way or the other about the plurality voting rule (most neither agreeing nor disagreeing with the statement, and an equal number who like and dislike it), but the Lynch + 24 hour rule was extremely divisive. An equal number STRONGLY liked it as STRONGLY disliked it, and these are the two modes.

So in my evaluation, I think I do agree with you somewhat, Hoopla. While I think the plurality voting mechanic does accomplish something, it's possibly unnecessary as there are other methods of accomplishing my goals. But I continue to think the Lynch + 24 hour rule is a good rule, even though it has the power to change things dramatically. In either case, my current game (Real Time Mafia) and my upcoming game (Parallel Universe Mafia) only involve straight up majority voting, for a variety of reasons (though the reason is largely about timing and not about whether the rules are good for these types of games).

---

So I thought I'd also respond to some of the anonymous comments, but in the interest of preserving anonymity, I'll paraphrase the comments (or just answer the comments):

1. There's a comment confused about the point of the Mafia Masons. The mafia masons were intended to do precisely two things: day talk and provide town, should they lynch one, with information that another exists.

2. A comment that, I think not unfairly, called the Traitor Vig backup RB ridiculous: When designing this role, unfortunately I didn't consider what his role name would be once he died. I mean, I knew that I was going to reveal all the information about him, but I didn't consider that how effing crazy it'd look to have it written out on one line as one role. I don't mean to say that the only reason this role might be ridiculous is semantic, but I do think that may well be part of it.

3. To a comment asking me to be more of a prod-nazi: My sincere hope, both with this game and my mini-normal I ran back in September, was that by allowing people to prod others literally at any time (no requirement for a 72 hour wait), I'd remove subjective nature of discretionary mod prods as well as allow the game to dictate the pace of people's contributions. Unfortunately, people still seemed reluctant to want to prod someone.

4. The Jailkeeper's actions: Yeah. I wish that hadn't happened either. Other than CSL's fairly minor play, this was the sole taint on an otherwise great game.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #2070 (isolation #77) » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:24 pm

Post by zoraster »

CSL wrote:Yeah...

Hey zoraster, you did not give me the dead QT when I got lynched. Why is that?
Ah, I'm sorry CSL. I think what happened was you were the first to die so there was no point in giving you a QT with no one else in it.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #2073 (isolation #78) » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:06 am

Post by zoraster »

Hoopla wrote:Oops, Zoraster. When I was talking about plurality lynching, I was incorporating the lynch+24 aspect into it as well, which is where most of the complexity and my criticism lies.

Lynch+24 doesn't make sense to me - once a decision to lynch someone is decided, you don't need an extra 24 hours for players to decide again who to lynch. It also makes it unfair if you miss this 24 hour window because of whatever reasons. Scrambling for deadlines by towns are the worst, but having to wait out a scrambling period every lynch without choice seems very unnecessary, and alters tactics in ways that don't seem normal to me.
Well I understand the criticism of both complexity and people missing that relatively narrow window.

However, I'm not sure I buy the idea that "once a lynch is decided" thing. In the normal course of events, everyone is able to evaluate every vote leading up to a lynch EXCEPT that last one, which is why the hammer becomes such a powerful thing. It's true that future days allow evaluation (unless lylo), but it's considerably watered down because there's other information flowing in, and the town is potentially working from a disadvantaged position.

That's not to say that I think the majority vote ending the day is necessarily a
bad
method (I'm using it in an upcoming game), but I don't think it's automatically the best choice.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #2077 (isolation #79) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:27 am

Post by zoraster »

Nominations for the 2010 Scummies are up. I've nominated pops for Don Corleone if anyone wants to second that nomination: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 13#2069213

Feel free to nominate anyone else you thought did an excellent job in the game.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #2082 (isolation #80) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:45 pm

Post by zoraster »

Lurkers are one of those areas that there are many different approaches to handling. I have respect for the way Vi likes to have lurkers handled, though I differ in my own. Similarly, I have respect for Spyrex's method (i.e. kill them all), though I'd never use it in a game of my own.

The hope I have for my games is mostly to put good stuff in so that I get good stuff out. If I don't want lurkers in my game, the onus is on me to make sure that I get players who won't lurk as their default setting. But everyone lurks from time to time, and the way I deal with it has been laid out. I think it has a lot to recommend it: it's not particularly subjective, it lets players play at their own pace (though with my push of strict deadlines), and it's seemed to be fairly good at getting lurkers to play.

But it's certainly not the only way. Vi and my approach differs based on our view of what lurking is. I don't want to put words in his mouth, but I think Vi views lurking as simply a strategy. I view it as insidious to the whole of the players having fun.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #2084 (isolation #81) » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:08 pm

Post by zoraster »

Because someone can't post "I'll post later" and have it count? I don't think that's particularly subjective unless I were to expand it to include posts that were light on content but could theoretically be about the game. If a post is simply (a) an apology for not posting or (b) a promise to post later, it's really no better than someone refusing to post. In any case, I was referring to my policy on not prodding unless asked to by players but allowing prods at any time for the objectivity of it.

You were critical of the rule from the beginning, but I don't think anything I did showed it to be particularly faulty. Don't get me wrong, one game cannot tell whether this is a passable policy or not, but I don't think it validated your concerns.

I don't mean to dismiss your concerns at all. But I think this comes down to conceptualizing the game differently. Because I see and understand Hoopla's concern with plurality voting, and I get the concern with the traitor vigil. Both criticisms are something I'll take into account the next time i do a game where it's relevant.

But I have to be clear that the more I can reduce lurking and flaking, the more I will. I consider "i'll post later" (IPL?) to be just another form of lurking. Now, if you tell me that my policy is not the most efficient way of reducing lurking, including IPL lurking, then I'm all ears. If you just don't think IPL is lurking, we're on different pages and it's going to be much harder to reconcile our views.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”