Mafia 105 - Caught in the Crossfire (Game Over)

Pads
Pads
Goon
Pads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1900 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:44 am

Post by Pads »

Vote Count, Day 5
hiphop ( 2 ) popsofctown fhqwhgads
shotty to the body ( 2 ) Sotty7 Pads
fhqwhgads ( 0 )
Pads ( 0 )
popsofctown ( 0 )
RedCoyote ( 1 ) hiphop
Sotty7 ( 3 ) Shotty to the Body RedCoyote SpyreX
SpyreX ( 0 )
Unvote ( 0 )
Total Votes ( 8 )

With 8 alive, 5 needed for a majority.
Deadline is December 23rd, 11am EST

Heh.

That's a townie talking, guys. You all need to unvote her.

Hiphop's wagon isn't much better. Hiphop has displayed that he's searching through the thread, researching events, and looking for new clues. He's developing, he's evolving, as a player, and he's trying to figure the game out.

The godfather thing is a little strange, for sure. But really, if he strongly believes RedCoyote is scum AND he strongly believes Rofl had a town investigation on RC, then Godfather sounds to me like a reasonable conclusion for him to come to.

And really, LAL? The policy lynch was immensely scummy yesterday and it's even worse today.

Maybe tomorrow pops can explain to us why a person who only participates in the game when he's under serious pressure is obv pro-town.

I have to be somewhere in thirty minutes, and I"m unlikely to be back before the deadline. I really hope the vote count looks different when I do get back.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1901 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:19 am

Post by SpyreX »

COLOR ME CONVINCED

Or not.

Get this done. Or, well, lynch Pads tomorrow.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1902 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:02 am

Post by RedCoyote »

If the question is whether or not I consider SttB or hiphop to be a better lynch than Sotty, my answer is no.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1903 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:03 am

Post by RedCoyote »

If the question is whether or not hiphop or SttB are better lynches than Sotty, my answer is no.

(Pardon me if I double-post, MS is not working correctly for me).
Pads
Pads
Goon
Pads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1904 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:09 am

Post by Pads »

*snicker*

May I assume I'm obvscum regardless of Shotty's, Sotty's or Hiphop's flip, then, SpyreX?

'Zomg buddying/bussing 'if they're scum

And, 'zomg staying off for townie points/only scum vote townies' if they're town?

What question are you answering, RC?
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #1905 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:22 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Spy has been pushing a shotty/pads lynch all game and yet when there is an actual wagon for shotty and a chance to lynch him he votes me for nothing. That's the main part of all this that is surprising to me.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1906 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:48 am

Post by zoraster »

Vote Count, Day 5 Final
hiphop ( 2 ) popsofctown fhqwhgads
shotty to the body ( 2 ) Sotty7 Pads
fhqwhgads ( 0 )
Pads ( 0 )
popsofctown ( 0 )
RedCoyote ( 1 ) hiphop
Sotty7 ( 3 ) Shotty to the Body RedCoyote SpyreX

SpyreX ( 0 )
Unvote ( 0 )
Total Votes ( 8 )

We all hung our heads. It wasn't a great day because:

Sotty7 the Vanilla Townie was Lynched

Night begins immediately. Due to Christmas, the deadline will be at 11am EST on December 26th.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #1907 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:14 am

Post by zoraster »

Shameless Advertisement during this Intermission:

Sign-ups for Real Time Mafia Mini-Theme have opened. Basically there are no nights or days, all Power Roles have recharge times measured in days and most powers have durations (e.g. The tracker can track for X number of days every Y number of days). Anyway, if you're interested, sign up in the queue thread:

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 06#2026906

I'd love to have any of you play in my games as you've been a great bunch to moderate. This game will move fast, though!
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #1908 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:23 pm

Post by zoraster »

Merry Christmas. One of you is dead.

RedCoyote the Vigilante was killed.

You also learn that Xyl was his backup.

His Role PM:

Vigil PMYou are a Town Vigil. You win when the town wins. The town wins by eliminating all anti-town forces (as example, this includes SKs, Mafia, Cult but does not include Lynchers, Jesters, Survivors).

You may choose to kill anyone either in the day or night. You may kill once per day/night cycle. For example, if you kill Day 1, you cannot kill Night 1. If you kill Night 1, you may kill Day 2.

Day kill specifications:
1. Generally, day kills will be made instantly. However, any day kill you give me within the first 48 hours of the day will be made at the end of the 48 hours.
2. I put up the kill when I see the PM.
3. You may NOT day kill anyone who has the plurality of the vote at any time.
4. You may NOT day kill once a majority has been reached.
5. You may NOT day kill within 72 hours of the posted deadline.
6. All day kills should be made to me by PM.

Please note the plurality voting, lynch + 24 hours lynch rules. Also, take note of the 500 word limit.

Confirm in thread

Day 6 begins Immediately. Given the holidays, I won't count today, new year's eve, or new year's day toward the 10 day count. The deadline, then, is 11:00am on January 7th.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #1909 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:28 pm

Post by zoraster »

Vote Count, Day 6
hiphop ( 0 )
shotty to the body ( 0 )
fhqwhgads ( 0 )
Pads ( 0 )
popsofctown ( 0 )
SpyreX ( 0 )
Unvote ( 6 ) hiphop Shotty to the Body SpyreX popsofctown fhqwhgads Pads
Total Votes ( 6 )

With 6 alive, 4 needed for a majority.
Deadline is January 7th, 11am EST
Pads
Pads
Goon
Pads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1910 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:02 am

Post by Pads »

I sat for about two hours deciding what to write. I may regret later not trying to force the very tiny chance that the town still has to win, but it would be a lot of effort based on the idea that pops hasn't already figured it out, which seems unlikely.

So let's cut the crap and talk about what's actually going on. Scum are Shotty and Pops. SpyreX is the lyncher, with me as the target, and Hiphop, myself, and Fhq are the town. The town cannot force a lynch anymore, so it's really down to whether the scum want SpyreX to win along with them or not.

Shotty, Pops? I'd probably spite lynch SpyreX with you, if you want. What do you say?
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1911 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:36 am

Post by Shotty to the Body »

I'm town bro.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1912 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:37 am

Post by SpyreX »

I only wish I was a lyncher. I have the misfortune of being town.

In fact, MASSCLAIM TIME woo

I'm... ready for it?

Vanilla.

We've got two scum left. Its nolynchin time probably unless something truly magnificent happens.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Pads
Pads
Goon
Pads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1913 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:45 am

Post by Pads »

SpyreX being the lyncher explains his game long desire to lynch me, his unwillingness to be swayed by any philopsophy that doesn't involve lynching me, his rather light-hearted interest in who might actually be scum, his disinterest in lynching his other suspect once a wagon started on that person, and his lack of reluctance to lynch anyone else once he realizes that my lynch is not happening on any given day.

Of course he wants us to no lynch. No lynch = 1 less town tomorrow = the town can no longer stop the mafia (assuming 2 scum left) and lyncher from insta-winning the following day. I highly recommend against it.

I am, of course, Town. And Vanilla at that.

Going to assume that some combination of RedCoyote's kills and RayFrost/Charter lying accounts for Imaginality's death (we never had anyone admit to that killing).
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1914 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:55 am

Post by SpyreX »

Hey, chuckles:

6 - 1 = 5 with 2 scum left is lylo.

6 - 1 - 1 = 4 with 2 scum left is a scum win.

And, again, no I've never been persuaded and considering the two people I wanted to lynch are still alive I SURELY haven't been on any wagons, rite?

Not to mention the fact that if I WAS a lyncher I would just say so and force a nolynch and attempt to win with the scum in this scenario.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Pads
Pads
Goon
Pads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1915 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:15 am

Post by Pads »

I understand the numbers, but we're not lynching a townie today, so that's not an issue.

As for the declaring your lyncher-ness, and the forcing of a no lynch, that's what I'm talking about. It's up to the scum whether they want to win with you or not. It certainly would be easier for them, but they may not like shared victories.

But if you want to say that you're town for now, then fine, what do I care? Help me lynch obvscum to show me how town you are.

vote: Shotty to the Body

Now that we've established he's not the vig, there's no reason to think his near game long plainsight lurk was anything other than hiding scum. Add in the misdirecting and half baked case against a person who ended up being town and his vanishing after said case, and this is clearly scum #1.

Let's string him up and see if Pops squirms, busses, misdirects, and proposes policy lynches like he did yesterday.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1916 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:17 am

Post by SpyreX »

Before I lose sight of the goal and do something stupid lets play parse out some players:

fhq - Overall I like it. My only gripe(s) are his predecessor (who boggles the mind) and AGAIN (OHH SNAP) the amount of posts. The fact he stayed away from the sotty lynch in favor of a hiphop lynch is tentatively good?

pops - Maybe its being on the same wavelength or what have you but pretty much all game I've had that happy vibe. My only big concern is how often I've came up in his posts. NOW, if it weren't for the first part of this I'd be really worried but as is? Nah. p town. Popsofptown if you will.

The other three I'm having major issues parsing out. I'm firmly of the opinion both the scum lie within that set but.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1917 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:22 am

Post by SpyreX »

What?

How do you go from:
Of course he wants us to no lynch. No lynch = 1 less town tomorrow = the town can no longer stop the mafia (assuming 2 scum left) and lyncher from insta-winning the following day. I highly recommend against it.
to:
I understand the numbers, but we're not lynching a townie today, so that's not an issue.
When the first argument (supposition of me being lyncher aside) doesn't matter since if that were the case the game is done RIGHT NOW?

I...

No.

Someone that's not pads get in here and make me not lose my mind.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Pads
Pads
Goon
Pads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1918 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:36 am

Post by Pads »

Hurray, SpyreX passed on my far too early vote.

unvote

Shotty is the only place my vote is going today, but I'm not ready for a lynch yet. I have some other things to talk about before that.

Although there are windows of opportunity for anyone else in the game to be scum, I really like Pops as the second scum, and I guess I'm going to have to lay out my case against him after all. But I'm not going to have a big enough block of time to do that until tomorrow.

And what are you talking about, SpyreX? The game isn't done right now in that scenario, since it is possible for Lyncher SpyreX to win, and possible for Lyncher SpryeX to lose. Zoraster has to keep the game running until only one certainty remains.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1919 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:47 am

Post by SpyreX »

If I was a lyncher and announced my target and said I was a lyncher and voted nolynch the scum would be able to split a win with me. (assuming 2 scum and not a DIFFERENT bizarre scenario). There'd be no reason to not do that.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Pads
Pads
Goon
Pads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1920 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:56 am

Post by Pads »

Assuming 2 scum, yes, there is little reason to not announce. But even in that scenario the lyncher is not sure how many scum are left. If there's just one, he dies a horrible death after claiming (the single scum stays hidden, of course). That's reason enough for the Lyncher not to claim.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1921 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:48 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Pads, if your crazy theory is right, it doesn't matter who is lynched, the town loses either way.

Day 6 -2 scum, 1 lyncher, 3 townies. -lynch shotty during day
Night6-1 scum, 1 lyncher, 3 townies. -scum shoot a townie [not spyrex or pads]*
Day 7 -1 scum, 1 lyncher, 2 townies. Scum and lyncher vote NoLynch.
Night 7- 1 scum, 1 lyncher, 2 townies. Scum shoot a nonPads townie.
Day 7 - 1 scum, 1 lyncher, 1 townPads- lyncher and scum lynch pads together. Spyrex enjoys fried froglegs.

*this shot is pretty probable, due to the lyncherSpyrex possibility itself and a whole lot of townies being more popular than Pads.

Since your hypothesis of the situation doesn't actually offer much of a way to change your odds of winning, I think you should adopt a different one, even if you think it's less likely (as long as it actually gives you a way of winning).

Traitorvig was a pretty heavy scum mechanic, and the half bullet SK was third party spice enough. So I do doubt Spyrex is lyncher. Plus i have a townie vibe from Spyrex and I don't think that comes off lynchers.

"Shotty is scum, he's not vig", is less of a conspiracy theory and more of a possibilty. The case he pushed on Sotty was wrong, and I was wrong with him. That puts him in a pretty bad place just on voting record. Still have mixed feelings about him. Odds are, he defends himself today and change my mind again. Maybe it's something he did a long time ago that keeps bugging me, but the human error of overvaluing more recent information is kickin in on me every time. (wikipedia it)
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1922 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:20 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Yo yo massclaim in the house.

Lyncher madness, much like its idiot stepbrother jester madness, is absolutely unhelpful.

Much like thinking ANYTHING but a nolynch is going to happen today barring miracles.
Show

Proud member of BaM
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1923 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:07 pm

Post by hiphop »

vanilla

pops claim

Spyrex you can get it out of your head, I am not lynching pads. He was the only person on elvis's wagon.

Everybody else besides fhq is potential scum.

By the way fhq, it would be more helpful if you would post more, being that you are the one person who everybody agrees is town.

Pads- the three major pushes for spyrex are budja (shotty), me and, and you, so if spyrex is a lyncher the only one to safely vote and who could be scum is pops. However as pops said, unless there is ony one scum left, than we will lose.

So I will have to go with what do I find more likely; two scum, or one scum and a lyncher. Either way a no lynch is our best shot.

so
vote no lynch
. Spyrex do the same.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1924 (ISO) » Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:25 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Are we back to the whole wanting elvis shot because, yea.
Show

Proud member of BaM

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”