Mafia 105 - Caught in the Crossfire (Game Over)

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1800 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:44 am

Post by SpyreX »

Vote Count, Day 5
hiphop ( 2 ) - idiotking - popsofctown
shotty to the body ( 1 ) - Pads
fhqwhgads ( 0 )
Idiotking ( 2 ) - SpyreX - fhqwhgads
Pads ( 0 )
popsofctown ( 0 )
RedCoyote ( 1 ) - hiphop
Sotty7 ( 0 )
SpyreX ( 0 )
Unvote ( 3 ) - Shotty to the Body - Sotty7 - RedCoyote
Total Votes ( 9 )

With 9 alive, 5 needed for a majority.
Deadline is December 23rd, 11am EST

@RC:

There's only one major issue: I'm pretty sure you're town. I'm town. I'm fairly confident pops is town.

I really think we saw a full load blow on CSL via scum and the answer still lies there.

@Sotty:

The reason why I'm betting on not both of them being scum is, ultimately, that would have been a poor poor bussing attempt. However, everything about that exchange doesn't ring town-town fighting.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1801 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:18 am

Post by popsofctown »

RedCoyote wrote:Tell me I'm wrong, pops. Tell me everyone who voted Mae, except for charter, was town.
It's more than possible that everyone that voted Mae, except for charter, was town. If you look at what sort of wagon it was, and Mae's implosion towards the end, it's very plausible.

This whole scum quota thing seems like it's a version of the gambler's fallacy. (For example, if a fair coin is tossed repeatedly and tails comes up a larger number of times than is expected, a gambler may incorrectly believe that this means that heads is more likely in future tosses.[1] Such an expectation could be mistakenly referred to as being
due
--wikipedia robbery)

You're doing the same thing. It's not pure, milky probability like most gambler's fallacy cases, but you are making the same mistake. You look at the town flips, and then assume since on average every wagon has some scum, there needs to be more on the wagon. Instead you need to look at the town flips and realize they are information suggesting to you that today is not your jackpot.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1802 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:49 pm

Post by hiphop »

Rc- whether you want to believe me or not, that is the truth. If you take both posts side by side, than yes one of them is a lie (unkowingly, but yes), however if you have connections, than my second post is the truth. It's funny how you are on all the townie lynches, but you haven't voted for one scum yet. How odd is that? I was hoping that zak would flip scum, and the game would be over, but apparently not.
fhqwhgads wrote:While I would like to keep pressure on RC, just for old time's sake, the godfather theory is a stretch. I'm not saying it's impossible, but I think its unlikely. So against my gut feel, I'm going with RC-town for now.
Why is the godfather idea a stretch? Also I like the "for now" part. It shows that you are unsure of rc, even though you call him town.
Sotty7 wrote:Hip hop, what do you think of the other people who were on Elvis wagon? Do you think there is no chance of scum in there?
Who are the only people alive that were on his wagon? We have idk(who is definitely not part of that mafia), pads(one minute I think he is scum and the next minute town) and that leaves you. I don't know how many scum are left, but what I do know is there is at least one, and I also know that one must be a mason (confirmed scum). I believe that the mason would not jump on his partner's wagon(wifom) unless it was the end(which the wagon only had six votes on it, barely half of what is need) Therefore, I am looking off the wagon, and not at you or pads. I could look at whoever bussed charter, but I find it more likely that bussing is not a scumtell, while not voting scum is.
SpyreX wrote:The reason why I'm betting on not both of them being scum is, ultimately, that would have been a poor poor bussing attempt. However, everything about that exchange doesn't ring town-town fighting.
What exchange are you talking about? I have called idk not buddies with Elvis this entire game. Are you talking about idk voting for me (in which I never commented on)? I find the argument (if one of is scum the other must be town) decent, but the other one of, (if one of us is town the other must be scum), a bunch of bull. What kind of argument is that? In fact I never heard of such an argument. Probably because it is unreal, and not understandable. How we supposed to know what the other person's alignment is if we are both town? We don't, so as far as I am concerned, this is town talking to town, who are both looking for scum.

For those of you that haven't seen my wiki lately, I have updated it, with the completion of my first scum game on this site. My scum game is found here Lynched the first day. First time I have ever been the first one lynched.
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1803 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:57 pm

Post by hiphop »

Rc- whether you want to believe me or not, that is the truth. If you take both posts side by side, than yes one of them is a lie (unkowingly, but yes), however if you have connections, than my second post is the truth. It's funny how you are on all the townie lynches, but you haven't voted for one scum yet. How odd is that? I was hoping that zak would flip scum, and the game would be over, but apparently not.
fhqwhgads wrote:While I would like to keep pressure on RC, just for old time's sake, the godfather theory is a stretch. I'm not saying it's impossible, but I think its unlikely. So against my gut feel, I'm going with RC-town for now.
Why is the godfather idea a stretch? Also I like the "for now" part. It shows that you are unsure of rc, even though you call him town.
Sotty7 wrote:Hip hop, what do you think of the other people who were on Elvis wagon? Do you think there is no chance of scum in there?
Who are the only people alive that were on his wagon? We have idk(who is definitely not part of that mafia), pads(one minute I think he is scum and the next minute town) and that leaves you. I don't know how many scum are left, but what I do know is there is at least one, and I also know that one must be a mason (confirmed scum). I believe that the mason would not jump on his partner's wagon(wifom) unless it was the end(which the wagon only had six votes on it, barely half of what is need) Therefore, I am looking off the wagon, and not at you or pads. I could look at whoever bussed charter, but I find it more likely that bussing is not a scumtell, while not voting scum is.
SpyreX wrote:The reason why I'm betting on not both of them being scum is, ultimately, that would have been a poor poor bussing attempt. However, everything about that exchange doesn't ring town-town fighting.
What exchange are you talking about? I have called idk not buddies with Elvis this entire game. Are you talking about idk voting for me (in which I never commented on)? I find the argument (if one of is scum the other must be town) decent, but the other one of, (if one of us is town the other must be scum), a bunch of bull. What kind of argument is that? In fact I never heard of such an argument. Probably because it is unreal, and not understandable. How are we supposed to know what the other person's alignment is if we are both town? We don't, so as far as I am concerned, this is town talking to town, who are both looking for scum.

For those of you that haven't seen my wiki lately, I have updated it, with the completion of my first scum game on this site. My scum game is found here. Lynched the first day. First time I have ever been the first one lynched.
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1804 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:01 pm

Post by hiphop »

Stupid lagging.
Show
Town - 8/12
Scum - 4/2

Never forget

September 11, 2001

I colored hiphop kind of magenta, because he deserves a color of his own.
~Gila
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1805 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:20 pm

Post by popsofctown »

You "unknowingly lied"?

I dont think that concept works in english. Which smells like doublespeak to me.

Hiphop, why don't you address my explanation of why you don't lynch players like RC? Please tell me why in sam hill you don't get that Rofl's investigation is at the very least ~85% accurate, and that it is better not to lynch RC without a written confession that's been double notarized.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1806 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:32 am

Post by SpyreX »

Rc- whether you want to believe me or not, that is the truth. If you take both posts side by side,
than yes one of them is a lie (unkowingly, but yes)
, however if you have connections, than my second post is the truth. It's funny how you are on all the townie lynches, but you haven't voted for one scum yet. How odd is that? I was hoping that zak would flip scum,
and the game would be over,
but apparently not.
Que?
What exchange are you talking about? I have called idk not buddies with Elvis this entire game. Are you talking about idk voting for me (in which I never commented on)? I find the argument (if one of is scum the other must be town) decent, but the other one of, (if one of us is town the other must be scum), a bunch of bull. What kind of argument is that? In fact I never heard of such an argument. Probably because it is unreal, and not understandable. How we supposed to know what the other person's alignment is if we are both town? We don't, so as far as I am concerned, this is town talking to town, who are both looking for scum.
I'm talking very specifically about your ADAMANT stance on RC being the godfather. Followed by your ADAMANT stance on charter being killed by a vig. Followed by your "well, either their busing or its X".

To which IK replies "flipflopping! vote hoo!"

Nothing about that smells like same alignment. Its not a function of you two knowing each others alignments its a function of a bizarre attack being met by a bizarre vote.
Show

Proud member of BaM
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1807 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:24 am

Post by popsofctown »

I have to disagree. It's hard for scum to provide adequate reasoning for bussing since it's more of a decision to bus or not than it is an increasing suspicion causing them to think the player is scum. It more than fits a bussing format for me.
"Well, I..."
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1808 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:39 am

Post by SpyreX »

If this was early, sure. At this point with multiple kills bussing like that just doesn't add up.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1809 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:52 pm

Post by SpyreX »

HELLO TO GAME

WORDS ARE NECESSARY FOR THINGS TO HAPPEN

DO NOT BE THE NEXT ZAK
Show

Proud member of BaM
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1810 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:57 pm

Post by hiphop »

pops- some people believe that it isn't a lie if you believe it, but the fact remains 1680 had untrue statements in it.

Fact- there is a mason conneted to elvis, fact- there is connections between rc and elvis, fact-rc did not vote for either scum wagon, fact-our mod said some roles will be combined, fact- our mod uses godfather, fact- it says in wiki that a godfather is a common role, question- what does a godfather do? Fact-he heads a mafia group. Question- wouldn't there be a godfathers leading the scum group/s if there is two possible scum groups? I am saying that the godfather role is very likely.

Why should I address your paragragh about why rc can't be scum, if I already gave my case as to why he is more likely to be scum? You guys have seen my case, I am sure you can read it without me repeating myself.

You said that if there is a godfather the cop is 85% accurate. Well, if there is a godfather, who would you expect it to be? Also who is the mason?

Spyrex- about the que- the first one I addressed already and the second one should read I was hoping he was the last one and the game would be over.

As for your case- The first one is me being me, scumhunting. As for the second one- you say it is a bizzare vote, but what about pop's vote on me for the same reasons? Oh, I forgot he is town /sarcasm. I am still laughing over that one. Scum, because he is town. HA. :lol: Even rc has doubts on me, because of flipflopping (of course he is scum, but so what.)

Still looking for votes on rc. Bussers are always nice, if he is not the only one left.

Sotty, shotty, and rc- Why are you not voting for someone? If you haven't decided yet (unlikely) who would you vote for? What do you want from the town, to help you make up your mind?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1811 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:57 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Sotty 1798 wrote:This isn't really analysis Red because you don't give any reasoning for any of these things you notice. Why is it important to note that both Pads and myself were only on one wagon?
I know, I just meant the last point. I don't know if it's important at all, it just caught my attention. I'm not prepared to use it for or against you, and I guess it doesn't help anyone else either.
Sotty 1798 wrote:Why do you think more than one scum is on the Mae lynch? Numbers and probability are one thing, but did you go back and look at Spy and Pop's hop on to the wagon?
Numbers and probability are solid, logical pieces of information. The more people come up town in a certain group (Mae's lynch), the less likely the remaining players are going to be town. Like pops says, it's possible that scum was able to push an essentially all-town wagon, but that doesn't seem reasonable to me. I think it's a good lead.

---
Spyrex 1800 wrote:I really think we saw a full load blow on CSL via scum and the answer still lies there.
It's harder to go off that though, I think. You and Sotty weren't on that wagon, but everyone else left was. It doesn't really cut the number we have to work with down.

---
pops 1801 wrote:You're doing the same thing. It's not pure, milky probability like most gambler's fallacy cases, but you are making the same mistake. You look at the town flips, and then assume since on average every wagon has some scum, there needs to be more on the wagon.
I think it's a fair assumption. It's not reasonable to take a somewhat random group of 10 out of 19 (slightly bigger than half, what was the amount during the end of D2) and say that there's bound to be scum on there? What's more, since the mafia knows Mae isn't part of their group, it's a "safe" lynch for them.

---
hiphop 1803 wrote:For those of you that haven't seen my wiki lately, I have updated it, with the completion of my first scum game on this site. My scum game is found here. Lynched the first day. First time I have ever been the first one lynched.
Isn't there a scumtell surrounding this? Like, pushing your meta or something? I just think it's scummy to slip something in like, "Oh, btw, this is how I act as scum, so you do the math."

It's WIFOMy, isn't it hiphop?

Additionally, I do not agree with your assumption that just because Idiotking, Sotty, and Pads were on the elvis wagon necessarily means they are not her mafia mason partner. The wagon only reached 6 people before she was shot, well below the 11 needed for a majority.

---

Anyways, I think it's time to lay it on the line and go back to scumhunting 101. Based on this and this, let's
vote: Idiotking

One more thing that leads me more toward Idiotking are the two following quotes:
Pads 1297 wrote:
vote: hitogoroshi
hiphop 1310 wrote:Looks to me like [hito] is trying to push a tactic away from him (small though it may be), even though that tactic has caught more scum than townies. It certaintly looks like he doesn't want to get caught.
fos hito
Other living players, SttB, Sotty, Spyrex, and pops are all kind of lukewarm toward both Idiotking and hito at this point in the game. SttB breaks the mold somewhat by voting Idiotking with me, but he still hints at the possibility of rereading hito.

Anyways, my point with all this is that the second I brought out my theory on hito or Idiotking being the D3 lynch, Pads and hiphop almost immediately felt the need to shift it more toward hito, who has since flipped town. All I'm saying is, should either Pads or hiphop be Idiotking's partner, they may have wanted to push the town along the lines of a hito lynch rather than an Idiotking one.

This is a big, big stretch, but at least it is tying some of the living players together.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1812 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:13 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Simulpost with hiphop, but there isn't really anything I need to say to him at this point. He's got his blinders on, and he seems very convinced that his way is the only way that makes sense. I personally think he's gone off the deep end with his Godfather theory, and I wish he would consider other possibilities. I don't know, I'm hoping he'll eventually write it off as another "untrue lie" or whatever. All that said, I just cannot find scumhiphop. I haven't been able to this whole game really.

[
Town
]---fhq-------hiphop---Pads-SttB-Spyrex[
]--pops---Sotty---Idiotking-------[
Scum
]
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1813 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:23 pm

Post by hiphop »

Mine came first. :lol:

Sure it is wifom. I love wifom. I think there should be what some people call wifom, like the nks, discussion. I believe it would help our scum hunting abilities, and not let scum off so easily, instead people are so worried that they will be targeted as scum, that their lips are mum. Besides some people actually love meta.

About Sotty, idk, and pads- there were only 6 people on it. Do you really think that the scum mason would bus their buddy so early when they have the advantage, as in daytalk? (Wifom, so don't answer, if you don't want to) I certaintly don't.
RedCoyote wrote:I think it's a fair assumption. It's not reasonable to take a somewhat random group of 10 out of 19 (slightly bigger than half, what was the amount during the end of D2) and say that there's bound to be scum on there? What's more, since the mafia knows Mae isn't part of their group, it's a "safe" lynch for them.
This is a scumtell on your part, my friend. If you think there is scum on this wagon, why don't you exploit it, instead you put it out there and see if somebody else will get their hands dirty. If you think there is scum there, you have a 50% chance of killing scum(pops or spyrex). But no, to me this paragraph is just words.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1814 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:33 pm

Post by popsofctown »

hiphop wrote:pops- some people believe that it isn't a lie if you believe it, but the fact remains 1680 had untrue statements in it.

Fact- there is a mason conneted to elvis, fact- there is connections between rc and elvis, fact-rc did not vote for either scum wagon, fact-our mod said some roles will be combined, fact- our mod uses godfather, fact- it says in wiki that a godfather is a common role, question- what does a godfather do? Fact-he heads a mafia group. Question- wouldn't there be a godfathers leading the scum group/s if there is two possible scum groups? I am saying that the godfather role is very likely.

Why should I address your paragragh about why rc can't be scum, if I already gave my case as to why he is more likely to be scum? You guys have seen my case, I am sure you can read it without me repeating myself.

You said that if there is a godfather the cop is 85% accurate. Well, if there is a godfather, who would you expect it to be? Also who is the mason?
There's no reason to believe there's a godfather, so I don't see the point in the first question.

If I knew that there was a godfather in this game, and had to guess who it was, I'd pick you, because you're the scummiest person in this game. If i actually wanted to resort to role-based tells I guess I'd pick a lurker. Which again points to you, or shotty since Pads has made a pretty good case for Shotty active lurking.

I have no clue how you find the other mason(s) (there could be more than 2 masons, right?). Unless they had a power we don't know about, the scum masons weren't really different from goons and they probably just neglected the daytalk ability altogether.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1815 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:37 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I think LAL needs some love ITT
"Well, I..."
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #1816 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:18 am

Post by Sotty7 »

hiphop Post 1810 wrote:Sotty, shotty, and rc- Why are you not voting for someone? If you haven't decided yet (unlikely) who would you vote for? What do you want from the town, to help you make up your mind?
I have been flip flopping between Red and Shotty. IK is probably a 3rd person I would vote for but I will probably need my arm twisted a little there. I have a gut town feeling with how he and Elvis went at it.

Red's post 1811 seems okay on the face of things, not really liking his scum to town read that he posted after though. Ignoring where I am positioned I am just having a hard time seeing PopsScum. Red, is Shotty on that list where he is simply because you believe IK to be scum and he is willing to vote him?

With all that said, Pads case on shotty is pretty solid so I will

Vote: Shotty
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1817 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:54 am

Post by zoraster »

Five days to go until the deadline (roughly).

Vote Count, Day 5
hiphop ( 2 ) - idiotking - popsofctown
shotty to the body ( 2 ) - Pads - Sotty7
fhqwhgads ( 0 )
Idiotking ( 3 ) - SpyreX - fhqwhgads - RedCoyote
Pads ( 0 )
popsofctown ( 0 )
RedCoyote ( 1 ) - hiphop
Sotty7 ( 0 )
SpyreX ( 0 )
Unvote ( 1 ) - Shotty to the Body
Total Votes ( 9 )

With 9 alive, 5 needed for a majority.
Deadline is December 23rd, 11am EST
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1818 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:13 am

Post by RedCoyote »

hiphop 1813 wrote:Do you really think that the scum mason would bus their buddy so early when they have the advantage, as in daytalk?
Yeah, I guess I don't mind the WIFOM so much. Do I think there could be an early bus? Sure. No one knew she was going to be shot, and if the elvis bus would have went all the way to a majority, maybe it would've been better to be one of the wagon leaders. Maybe they were planning to stop the bus if it reached a certain point. It's very up in the air, you know, I'm not saying there necessarily was a bus, just that it's a possibility.

Do you think it's a little hypocritical of you to argue about the likeliest/unlikeliest of situations like these, given the fact your case goes against more reasonable expectations?
hiphop 1813 wrote:If you think there is scum on this wagon, why don't you exploit it, instead you put it out there and see if somebody else will get their hands dirty.
Right now I'm not sure. I'm thinking it's a pretty safe bet, but one cannot go through a game without taking into account the people around him. First of all, I'd have to be convinced, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that I agree with my proposal. Spyrex put it simply but accurately: the major issue is that Spyrex and pops seem town. These two ideas are fighting against each other. Secondly, even assuming I saw both pops and Spyrex terribly scummy, I'd still have to argue that case strong enough to garner support. I don't think a pops or Spyrex lynch could happen today. It's not impossible, but I don't think anyone has either of these players at the top of their list. Third, Idiotking has been under my watchful eye since the end of D1. Even if my original proposal about the Mae wagon is right, I feel strongly that Idiotking is likely to be scum.

---
Sotty 1816 wrote:Ignoring where I am positioned I am just having a hard time seeing PopsScum.
Aside from the Mae argument I just brought up, both pops and Spyrex were a little too brash during the end of D3. I think both of them attempted to try to spin the chaos surrounding RF's claim for their own agenda. You can go back to these pages and look over them trying to play like little power brokers.
Spyrex 1503 wrote:I'd really be pro shotty, pads, fhqhqhhedas getting some bullets for this, ps.
pops 1504 wrote:I like shotty particularly off your list Spyrex.
vote: Shotty
My inquiry earlier didn't get much.
Spyrex 1507 wrote:I will be more than glad to push a shotty lynch IF, and I swear to god I mean this, that it means that if he's scum Pads goes the way of the dodo tomorrow.
pops 1508 wrote:Sure, as long as you explain how they are connected and whatnot.
pops 1521 wrote:Xylithm, you would trade in 2 daykills for a few weeks deadline extension? Because that's all the reversal of tomorrow's lynch and today's is. A few weeks deliberation versus two daykills. Yes, we have to kill him eventually. But making a snap decision on who to lynch here gives us two daykills.
That last one especially, 1521, takes the cake.

A minor detail that I've still got bouncing around in my head is him forgetting Budja's replacement earlier. Again, both him and Spyrex were guilty of it, but it just rubbed me a certain way.

I think I could go back and do something a little more formal. Like I said to you earlier, I think a reasonable case could be made against most of the people left. I don't think anyone in particular stands out as obviously town, fhq only gets high townie marks from me on account of possible Cop investigations.
Sotty 1816 wrote:Red, is Shotty on that list where he is simply because you believe IK to be scum and he is willing to vote him?
No, certainly not. Pads writes off SttB's handling of hiphop at the start of D4, but I thought he sounded town. He replaced in pretty good. I think Pads blows any SttB buddying to me out of proportion, because I can recall at least a couple instances of him correcting something I've said with skepticism. Left apart, I think SttB seems pretty town, but isolation does make him seem weaker. Do you think it's hypocritical of me to consider them both town? I would draw a reference point to Pads' case on hito, which also looked pretty good at the time.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1819 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:54 am

Post by popsofctown »

First of all, I'd have to be convinced, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that I agree with my proposal. Spyrex put it simply but accurately: the major issue is that Spyrex and pops seem town.

You just posted a scale and put me close to scum. "seem" by default means that an objective observation draws that conclusion, so the omission of "to the rest of the town" makes me eyebrow raise here. Don't build your dump truck RC, you've been shady and speculative all day.

Spyrex/pops is a FALSE DILEMMA and you really need to cut the crap.
You really don't get the Gambler's fallacy comparison at all. Saying "a random 10 of 19 players should have some scum..." is a TOTAL regurgitation of false assertions from the gambler's fallacy.
"Well, I..."
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1820 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:10 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Hiphops posts become harder and harder for me to digest. Something about the way they jump around just breaks my head.

But, I'll try.
This... I..

1.) There is a mason connected to elvis. This is true.
2.) "There is connections" doesn't mean anything. Show and detail these connections because seriously. Without words. Just quotes.
3.) RC not voting for either scum wagon IS suspect but you're painting "the wagons" like they went to lynch and weren't both shots during the day.
4.) "Our mod uses godfather" is quite the misnomer. The POSSIBILITY of a Godfather exists. Unless you are saying we have all the roles outlined well...
5.) The frequency of a godfather is moot. We've seen a traitor vig / backup roleblocker when converted flip.
6.) A "Godfather" in mafia terms
normally
means simply they will investigate town on investigations. "leading" the mafia is a misnomer.
7.) If you're using "possible roles" as an arguing point ignoring the pre-game flips of the Don's is more than just a little shady.
As for your case- The first one is me being me, scumhunting. As for the second one- you say it is a bizzare vote, but what about pop's vote on me for the same reasons? Oh, I forgot he is town /sarcasm. I am still laughing over that one. Scum, because he is town. HA. Laughing Even rc has doubts on me, because of flipflopping (of course he is scum, but so what.)

Still looking for votes on rc. Bussers are always nice, if he is not the only one left.
Take a deep breath and follow me here.

There is no case.

I am not voting you.

That said you sure are acting like you want me to ffs. "scumhunting" doesn't explain the shift from definitives to a new wacky set of definitives. Secondly, and follow me here again:
pops is not what I'm talking about at all. At all.
I am talking very, very specifically about the exchange between you and idiotking. I even used the names.

But, kudos for "Yea well he did it toooooo" when I'm not voting you. God in heaven.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Pads
Pads
Goon
Pads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1821 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:24 am

Post by Pads »

Although it feels unnatural, I'm going to try and be brief.

I think Hiphop is one of the following two things:

a) Well meaning, insane-genius/raving-lunatic townie

b) Bussing scum buddy of godfather RC.

The odd thing is, if we lynched RedCoyote today, and he flipped Godfather, Hiphop is the correct lynch the following day, for having way too much accurate information.

Hiphop's behavior is enough to make anyone second guess his words. But RedCoyote would be a better lynch as he seems to be squirming in his chair and would shed some light on Hiphop's behavior. But neither is the best lynch for today.

Moar Shotty votes. SpyreX, Pops, Fhq, IK... let's get it done.
Idiotking
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1822 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:21 am

Post by Idiotking »

I think RC, if indeed town, is tunneling me very hard. It seems that he's convinced I'm scum, and the admittance that I've "been under [his] watchful eye" since D1 points to this as well. If you watch anyone for that long, eventually you'll start suspecting them.

As it is, I'm still content with a Hiphop lynch.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1823 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:32 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Fine. ITT active lurking is worse than lying somehow.

Pads, the RC godfather + hiphop scum thing occured to me too as an explanation for his erratic behavior. But ultimately we have to lynch RC to see if that's the case, and that's something I'm not going to do.

Hiphop seems like a bunch of people's pet newbtown. i like IK newbtown way better, and don't get why hiphop's overt deception gets far less attack than IK's bumbling.
"Well, I..."
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1824 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:09 pm

Post by hiphop »

popsofctown wrote:There's no reason to believe there's a godfather
There is no reason to believe that there isn't a godfather. Everybody has said there can't be a godfather in this game, yet nobody has given a solid reason as to why there can't be.
popsofctown wrote:I have no clue how you find the other mason(s) (there could be more than 2 masons, right?). Unless they had a power we don't know about, the scum masons weren't really different from goons and they probably just neglected the daytalk ability altogether.
I doubt that. Not daytalk? Even town masons daytalk. What I don't understand is the hype over idk. He was the
first
person to vote for elvis, and it was before anyone even thought of attacking him. That is like saying that when imaginality and elvis attacked fhq(EP), they were bussing. Tell me what I am missing. From my point of view there is no reason to have a vote on idk or fhq.

rc- the last two paragraphs are adressed at you too. How can a godfather in a game be unreasonable? If you guys don't expect one, you may just give scum the win.

I see your point though. You believe idk is scum, and I believe you are.
RedCoyote wrote: Like I said to you earlier, I think a reasonable case could be made against most of the people left. I don't think anyone in particular stands out as obviously town, fhq only gets high townie marks from me on account of possible Cop investigations.
Qft, though not the fhq part. He is more likely town, because imaginality and elvis attacked in day one. In my last game, I correctly found scum by their voting patterns, and I believe I am on to something here.

Spyrex- I suggest you read godfather in wiki. Like I said it says it is a common addition.

Also it doesn't matter that you are not voting for me. What matters, is that you are voting idk for shady reasons.
popsofctown wrote:Fine. ITT active lurking is worse than lying somehow.

That is not how you do it. When someone is flaking do this:
mod prod Shotty
Is that the only reason you are voting for shotty? Or are you just trying to find some reason to get off my wagon?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”