Mafia 105 - Caught in the Crossfire (Game Over)

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #2025 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:03 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I'll get back into the swing real soon like but:

The reason I'm asking is despite my preference I'm not TOTALLY made up yet. Shotty not responding really irks me.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2026 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:21 pm

Post by popsofctown »

By the logic you gave me earlier, if you think i'm town, Pads is the scum.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2027 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:55 pm

Post by hiphop »

popsofctown wrote:By the logic you gave me earlier, if you think i'm town, Pads is the scum.
You cannot follow this spyrex. You know, as a townie, that your can be wrong about your reads. Believe me on this one, shotty is scum. Since he is, there is a good possibility that pops is scum with him. You watch. Shotty can make one more post how he is just checking in, and than not post again till the day is over. If I wanted to, this could be my last post. Our mod is right. This is a day of rest.
As for Pops, well... It looks to me tha the is waiting around, only because you said so, so that he can stay on your good side. As soon as deadline hits his true role will be revealed.

I feel fairly confident that pops had no intention of voting shotty today when he could get pads lynched instead. Why you may ask? SCUM TEAM. Based on what I see (you should see it as well) you only have one choice. That is to vote shotty with me and pads. You will see we have the true scum in a trap and all we need is the trigger. That is you, my friend. Now win with us.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2028 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:05 pm

Post by popsofctown »

We told him not to drink the seawater.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2029 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:41 am

Post by zoraster »

You have roughly two days before the deadline hits.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2030 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:47 am

Post by popsofctown »

Really?

I kept bad track.

Spyrex, I'm gonna take 24 of your hours, I don't want to risk not being at the thread in time for deadline and whatnot.

Vote: Pads
"Well, I..."
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #2031 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:49 am

Post by zoraster »

Final Vote Count, Day 7
hiphop ( 0 )
shotty to the body ( 2 ) hiphop Pads
Pads ( 3 ) SpyreX Shotty to the Body popsofctown

popsofctown ( 0 )
SpyreX ( 0 )
No Lynch ( 0 )
Unvote ( 0 )
Total Votes ( 5 )

Pads the Vanilla Townie was Lynched

The town tried their best, but the Mafia had been doing this for some time. So when everyone lynched Pads, it was a relatively simple job for the Mafia.

Night 8:
Shotty to the Body was shot, ironically, in the head... but still with a shotgun.
Shotty to the Body the Vanilla Townie was killed

Day 8:
The Mafia giggled as it was now 2 to 1 in their favor. Not wanting to draw out the voting, they both immediately placed their votes on SpyreX.

SpyreX the Town Miller was Lynched

The Mafia Wins!

Winners:

popsofctown
hiphop
charter
elvis_knits
imaginality
Last edited by zoraster on Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2032 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:17 am

Post by Shotty to the Body »

Really wish you wouldn'tve closed the door early. What is your obsession with post 2000 Spyre? I understand I said I would do it and I will tonight, but I'm not sure what beyond that would cause such intense interest.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
Pads
Pads
Goon
Pads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2033 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:53 am

Post by Pads »

Well, that should be game.

I know I'm a mislynch, so all I can do is try to facilitate another lynch, regardless of whether or not it's the one I want.

unvote

vote: Shotty to the Body

And, btw, Shotty, for future reference, when you say you're going to reconsider someone's alignment, it looks much less like a lie when you actually take your vote off of that person. And, frankly, if we had a townie promise a case in lynch or lose for four days and not deliver, we deserve our loss 100%.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #2034 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:30 am

Post by zoraster »

Final Vote Count, Day 7
hiphop ( 0 )
shotty to the body ( 2 ) hiphop Pads
Pads ( 3 ) SpyreX Shotty to the Body popsofctown

popsofctown ( 0 )
SpyreX ( 0 )
No Lynch ( 0 )
Unvote ( 0 )
Total Votes ( 5 )

Pads the Vanilla Townie was Lynched

The town tried their best, but the Mafia had been doing this for some time. So when everyone lynched Pads, it was a relatively simple job for the Mafia.

Night 8:
Shotty to the Body was shot, ironically, in the head... but still with a shotgun.
Shotty to the Body the Vanilla Townie was killed

Day 8:
The Mafia giggled as it was now 2 to 1 in their favor. Not wanting to draw out the voting, they both immediately placed their votes on SpyreX.

SpyreX the Town Miller was Lynched

The Mafia Wins!

Winners:

popsofctown
hiphop
charter
elvis_knits
imaginality
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #2035 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:34 am

Post by zoraster »

Cast of Characters:

Mafia Godfather played by hiphop
Mafia Roleblocker played by imaginality
Mafia Masons played by elvis_knits and popsofctown
Traitor (turning into Mafia Goon/replacement RB) played by charter

Serial Killer played by RayFrost

Vigilante played by RedCoyote
Backup Vigilante played by Xylthixlm
Jailkeeper played by Zakeri
Backup Jailkeeper played by CSL
Cop played by roflcopter
Backup cop played by crypto
The Miller played by SpreX
The Town played by:
Sigma, hitogoroshi, Pads, infinis, hoopla, Vi, Maemuki, Idiotking, ConfidAnon, Sotty7, Shotty to the Body, fhqwhgads

Actions:

Day 1:
RayFrost killed ConfidAnon
Night 1:
Imaginality roleblocked Idiotking
Zakeri Jailed Vi
Elvis_knits killed Hoopla
RedCoyote killed Imaginality
Charter killed crypto
Roflcopter investigated RedCoyote (got innocent)

Day 2:
RayFrost killed elvis_knits
Night 2:
Zakeri jailed Shotty to the Body
RedCoyote killed sigma
Charter killed Vi
Roflcopter investigated charter (got guilty)
Hiphop recruited charter

Day 3:
RayFrost killed infinis
RedCoyote killed charter
Night 3:
Zakeri jailed Sotty7 (randomized)
Popsofctown killed roflcopter

Night 4:
Hiphop killed Xyl
RedCoyote killed hitogoroshi

Day 5:
RedCoyote killed idiotking
Night 5:
Popsofctown killed RedCoyote

Night 6:
Hiphop killed fhw

Role PMs

Vigil PMYou are a Town Vigil. You win when the town wins. The town wins by eliminating all anti-town forces (as example, this includes SKs, Mafia, Cult but does not include Lynchers, Jesters, Survivors).

You may choose to kill anyone either in the day or night. You may kill once per day/night cycle. For example, if you kill Day 1, you cannot kill Night 1. If you kill Night 1, you may kill Day 2.

Day kill specifications:
1. Generally, day kills will be made instantly. However, any day kill you give me within the first 48 hours of the day will be made at the end of the 48 hours.
2. I put up the kill when I see the PM.
3. You may NOT day kill anyone who has the plurality of the vote at any time.
4. You may NOT day kill once a majority has been reached.
5. You may NOT day kill within 72 hours of the posted deadline.
6. All day kills should be made to me by PM.

Please note the plurality voting, lynch + 24 hours lynch rules. Also, take note of the 500 word limit.

Confirm in thread

Jailer PMYou are a Jailkeeper. You win when the town wins. The town wins by eliminating all anti-town forces (as example, this includes SKs, Mafia, Cult but does not include Lynchers, Jesters, Survivors).

Every night you may choose one person. This person will first be BOTH roleblocked and ALL night actions against the player will be stopped.

Please note the plurality voting, lynch + 24 hours lynch rules. Also, take note of the 500 word limit.

Confirm in thread

Cop PMYou are a Town Cop. You win when the town wins. The town wins by eliminating all anti-town forces (as example, this includes SKs, Mafia, Cult but does not include Lynchers, Jesters, Survivors).

Every night you attempt to investigate one player. If you are sane, Mafia come up as Guilty. Town come up as innocent. Third parties come up as innocent. Godfathers come up as Innocent. Millers come up as Guilty. Traitors come up as guilty. If you are insane, ALL of these are reversed.

You have a randomly chosen 50/50 chance (using random.org) of being Sane or being Insane.

Confirm in thread

--------------

Serial KillerYou are a third party Serial Killer. You win when all other parties are destroyed. You come up INNOCENT to cops.

You are immune from being shot if there are 13 or more players left alive.* Note: you may still be lynched!
If there are 12 and under players alive, you wear a bulletproof vest that can take one bullet.

You may choose to kill anyone either in the day or night. You may kill once per day/night cycle. For example, if you kill Day 1, you cannot kill Night 1. If you kill Night 1, you may kill Day 2.

You MUST kill by the 250th post of the game if Day 1 goes that long or a kill will be randomized for you. I won't ask you first, so you must send in your PM by the 250th post. Otherwise, all killing is optional.

Day kill specifications:
1. Generally, day kills will be made instantly. However, any day kill you give me within the first 48 hours of the day will be made at the end of the 48 hours.
2. I put up the kill when I see the PM.
3. You may NOT day kill once a majority has been reached.
4. You may NOT day kill within 72 hours of the posted deadline.
5. All day kills should be made to me by PM.

Confirm in thread

*The number of players is determined by when the shot aimed at you is made. For example, in a game with two mafia teams, two SKs, and two vigils, if there are 15 players, then the mafia shoot two other people, the two SKs shoot two more people, then a vigil shoots you, it will be considered 11 players, not 15

----------

Mafia 1 BP PMYou are a Mafia 1 Godfather. You win when your mafia team wins.

You are a Godfather and will come up as innocent to Sane Cops and Guilty to Insane Cops. If shot, you are impervious to one and only one bullet. Your bulletproof vest DISAPPEARS when there are 12 or fewer players alive.*

Every night your team may choose one player to kill. You must tell me who among your team is the person to actually carry out that kill.

You are aware that there is a traitor among the town. You don't know who it is, and he doesn't know you. You've heard he's also got a gun. Yikes. The traitor wins with you. You may spend a night kill to recruit a person. If that person is a traitor, they become a Mafia Goon.

Your Scumchat is here: http://www.quicktopic.com/43/H/8yYbKMSpb4dx

You may NOT daytalk.

Confirm in thread

*The number of players is determined by when the shot aimed at you is made. For example, in a game with two mafia teams, two SKs, and two vigils, if there are 15 players, then the mafia shoot two other people, the two SKs shoot two more people, then a vigil shoots you, it will be considered 11 players, not 15

Mafia 1 Roleblocker PMYou are a Mafia 1 Roleblocker. You win when your mafia team wins.

You may choose one player each night to roleblock. They are roleblocked for that night in addition to the following day.

Every night your team may choose one player to kill. You must tell me who among your team is the person to actually carry out that kill.

You are aware that there is a traitor among the town. You don't know who it is, and he doesn't know you. You've heard he's also got a gun. Yikes. The traitor wins with you. You may spend a night kill to recruit a person. If that person is a traitor, they become a Mafia Goon.

Your Scumchat is here: http://www.quicktopic.com/43/H/8yYbKMSpb4dx

You may NOT daytalk.

Confirm in thread

Mafia 1 Mason PMYou are a Mafia 1 Mason. You win when your mafia team wins.

You may daytalk with your mason partner, but not with the other scum. You have two separate QTs for these two purposes.

Your Scumchat: http://www.quicktopic.com/43/H/8yYbKMSpb4dx
Your Mason Talk: http://www.quicktopic.com/43/H/AUZNq488cUcmy

You may only daytalk in your mason talk thread.

Confirm in thread

TraitorYou are a Traitor Vigil. At one point, you were a Vigilante, trying to do justice to stop the onslaught. You realized you couldn't win, so you've become a Traitor to the town's cause. You're careful though in that you don't want to leave evidence.

You win with the Mafia 1 team. You don't know who's on the Mafia 1 team, and they don't know who you are. Every night you may select one player to shoot at. Sane Cops see you as Guilty and Insane Cops see you as Innocent.

The Mafia 1 team can use a night kill to recruit you. If they do this, you will become a Mafia Goon.

Confirm in thread
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #2036 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:36 am

Post by zoraster »

I want to thank everyone for playing. This was a lot of fun to moderate as the players generally played well and actively. I know some mods take the view that it shouldn’t matter how well their players perform, but I am not one of those mods. Perhaps it’s a failing. I don’t know.

You will get a PM shortly with an anonymous survey. Please fill this out as it allows me to collect some comparable data without people feeling controlled by either me or anyone else. Feel free to make comments here, of course, but please don’t neglect to fill out the survey (it’ll only take a couple of minutes). This will help me be a better moderator.

Thoughts about the game:
  1. Popsofctown played a truly great game, in my mind. From the beginning, he came across as townie and positioned himself so that it would have been very difficult for town to win because of his very convincing distancing from hiphop. He has garnered a Scummy nomination from me.
  2. I’m sad this didn’t get to 3 person lylo, but I think it played out as a pretty balanced setup, as can be seen from various point in the game, it could have gone either way. The crucial point came Day 3 when charter (mafia roleblocker) was killed by RedCoyote (vigilante) and RayFrost was lynched by the town followed by roflcopter (cop) getting killed in the night. This left the game at 10 vs. 2 almost mountainous, though town had a vigilante and a jailkeeper which probably gave it the edge at this point in the game, but not (as we saw) an astounding one. At this point, the game could have gone either way.
  3. It’s tough to win as town if you never once manage to lynch mafia. That said, this count is deceiving as the town essentially directed the SK to add a lynch to their total until the 3rd day, and town did lynch the SK.
  4. One of the many things I learned doing this game is that, even when
    I
    think it’s obvious my meaning in flavor text, all game related activity in a normal game should be spelled out explicitly. I intended it to be VERY obvious that there was only one mafia team. Since neither the town during the day nor the scum at night thought there was only one team, I clearly did not do this. My apologies.
  5. A word about the backups: I wanted to create a setup with a fair number of kills a night but only a few power roles, but I did NOT want it to be particularly swingy. So I wanted to use backups for my power roles. However, I also didn’t want the existence (i.e. death or claim) of a backup to confirm an active role that is claiming. So as a result, my first draft had some “fake” backups. For example, there was a backup tracker, but no tracker. Unfortunately, while I was getting my setup reviewed, I was told that this would be a bastard mod move (or at least I interpreted it this way, it could have been a breakdown in communication). The fix was to make backups secret until there was simply no way they could confirm an active role. The fix was not ideal, and I knew it. But given the three choices given to me –have a secret backup (telling each vanilla they could be a backup/miller), have backups that could confirm active roles, or not include backups at all – I chose the one I thought best. Those were, as I saw it, the ONLY options available to me.
  6. So that traitor vigilante becoming a backup roleblocker, huh? Admittedly not normal (as one of my “you may use one or two roles – new or otherwise” roles), I still tried to make it so that it used only normal functions, though in an amalgam sort of way. I included it because I wanted to create a dynamic where there was some question as to the veracity of vigilante claims (which it did), increase the number of kills, didn’t increase the number of mafia factions, and a few other smaller reasons. I thought the role played out pretty nicely, actually. As the traitor didn’t know the ID of the mafia (or vice versa) it gave the traitor incentive to both give up his night kill by getting recruited as well as be very careful about actually shooting.
  7. I’d love to hear opinions on the day kill aspect of this game, but personally I liked it.
  8. I think plurality voting combined with 24 hours + lynch worked exceedingly well, especially as we got toward the end of the game. It seems to me that the rule tends to help scum toward the beginning of the game slightly (though only marginally as early game lynches tended to get majorities anyway) and hurt scum toward the end of the game (especially in lylo). Also, my observation is that the effect plurality voting has on scum is to hurt it toward the beginning of any given day and progressively help it as the deadline gets closer and closer. That’s not unique to plurality voting, but I do think it’s more pronounced.
  9. It’s pretty hard to judge the effect of the word limit from my seat as I’m not sure how much it actually constrained anyone, but I didn’t think it hurt the level of discourse at all.
  10. Miller/Godfather/Sanity Problems: I gave everyone I could fair warning this could happen. I don’t know if I’ll use a cop in a future game, but I think I join Vi in thinking it should be slowly retired. If this is the way I feel compelled to use a cop, I probably shouldn’t use it at all, but this will take more reflection.
  11. I hope everyone found that I was fair in their dealings with me, prompt in my vote counts, and either helped the game be more fun for you or at the very least didn’t get in the way of you having that fun. Mostly, I hope I did not disappoint your expectations of the game.
  12. Last, I’ll be sending around invitations for Parallel Universe Mafia once I consider when I want to actually start the game. It’s a theme game that will rely almost exclusively on scum hunting, but it has a dynamic that will make the game a little crazy while still maintaining an almost vanilla game. Feel free to PM me with pre-ins even before I send invitations.
  13. Look for your survey in your PM box.
Thank you again. I hope it was as fun for you as it was for me.
Last edited by zoraster on Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #2037 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:03 am

Post by Vi »

:pops fan club:
zorotter 2036 wrote:I know some mods take the view that it shouldn’t matter how well their players perform, but I am not one of those mods. Perhaps it’s a failing. I don’t know.
It depends on the context.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #2038 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:20 am

Post by zoraster »

The posting is really slow, so if you're wondering why the first page/title has not been fixed, it's because it's not letting me.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2039 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:07 am

Post by popsofctown »

randomized Zakeri night actions >_>

I'd like to say the scum masons role is OP. You're scum, but the masoning is fun so you don't look like you're not having fun, which is like, a big scumtell.

Shout out to best mason buddy evar, Elvis_knits!!!! <3333

Set-up comments: I think breadcrumbing mechanics should only show up in themes. It's just not mafia. I would be fine with a traitor that was only found by the scum actually scumhunting, but it will never happen. So I didn't really like the role.

During the game I felt like it was a scum heavy set up, mossly because we abused the traitor vigil by letting him stay unrecruited for a night, but looking back it was balanced, if not town heavy.

I agree the cop role should be phased out. Why do it "slowly"? Quick, like a band-aid. RIP! RIP! It doesn't interact with scumhunting as much as it replaces it. Other roles add more to the game. You powered it down properly but I'm saying I like not seeing it in a game because I don't like the interactions it creates. Creates more, "ok, so RC is town, now I don't have to really read him" than "do I believe Charter is vigil based on his play? Do I want him alive anyway, since I disagree with most of his reads?". See, other roles just create more interaction.

I think it's silly for Charter to die because he didn't know what kind of claim would be safe. He figured vigil was a safe claim, it wasn't, i'm sure if he knew there was a protown vigil he would have tried something else. I like Tar fakeclaims, but I don't know if there's actually an answer for normals. Maybe it's just a casualty you have to take to play a game that's not vanilla nightless.

There's no problem with charter being both traitor and backup roleblocker. I have no problem with normal role synthesis, and I see no reason there should be a limit of 1-2 roles that simply are two normals rolled in one. (I think Charter counts to the 1-2 role limit though because you changed the traitor mechanics significantly, the whole losing a kill if recruited)

On the game, Crypto was obv town by the end of day 1. I think Charter's strategy was to pretend to select obv towns and pretend to be convinced they are scum so he can shoot townies and still claim vig.

I totally would've lynched CSL if I was town. He wouldn't cooperate in a coherent, readable way. If Spyrex actually read him, he's some sort of god.

Sometimes in-game circumstances interact with out-of-game circumstances and you get waffles. I didn't have time to post but kind of at the same time knew elvis was circling down the toilet. Elvis was dead before I was even prodded, the process really should have been extended. There's a reason you get everyone's feedback on a lynch before you do it, everyone had a puzzle piece missing from me on Day 2, and a delayed Elvis shot would have helped.

Spyrex is one of my favorite players now. He made me laugh a lot this game. He has a great posting style.

If I play a game with Xyl and he posts one liners and it actually matters whether I can read him or not, I will probably be cranky.

I love online mafia. I got to laugh when Pads said "Hiphop and Pops? Unlikely".

Vi is always VT. I can't remember her play this game though because it was so early. Such a long game.
"Well, I..."
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2040 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:13 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Mod wrote:I’d love to hear opinions on the day kill aspect of this game, but personally I liked it.
I thought it was great for this style of game. I liked how me and RF were somewhat different in our approaches as I prefer night kills, but RF seemed to prefer killing during the day. I think it keeps the town on their toes, not know when a shot is going to occur next.
Mod wrote:It’s pretty hard to judge the effect of the word limit from my seat as I’m not sure how much it actually constrained anyone, but I didn’t think it hurt the level of discourse at all.
750 is a good limit, I'd say. I didn't really have a problem with the word count; I think it's a good idea. My only issue came up early in the game when you had post battles between crypto, Vi, and Mae. When you don't post for even a few hours, it's like there's a few new pages staring you in the face. I guess that's the nature of large games though.
Mod wrote:I hope everyone found that I was fair in their dealings with me, prompt in my vote counts, and either helped the game be more fun for you or at the very least didn’t get in the way of you having that fun. Mostly, I hope I did not disappoint your expectations of the game.
Very fair and very helpful. You were a great Mod! Thanks for taking them time to do it :)

---
pops wrote:Spyrex is one of my favorite players now.
Yeah, I'll bet!

---

I'm still a little upset with Zakeri, maybe just out of principle. Who knows if it would've been a game changer had he given this game the time of day, but it's hard for me to cut him any sort of slack after laying down the way he did. I thought SttB kind of sat the final day out, but I guess I can't blame him for getting tired with the game (I know he wanted to replace there at the end). I really enjoyed playing with everyone though, and I thought it was a really fun game.

pops was a total pro, as usual. I don't know how this guy could make so many posts and snug up to Spyrex so well without hardly a peep of suspicion, but he's going to have to give us all some pointers. As much as I loved pops though, I'm totally onto hiphop's ways. I severely underestimated hiphop, thinking of him as some nub who was tangling himself up in ridiculous Godfather conspiracy theories. In retrospect he was probably cracking himself up making those Godfather accusations. hiphop played me and he played me good. I don't think I've ever been in a game here in MS where the mafia earned their win as much as they did here. The Mod said it best, it was a literally a 10 vs 2 game with a Town Vigilante and a Town Jailer against what was effectively just two Mafia Goons at that point. Very well done!
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2041 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:33 am

Post by popsofctown »

I liked spyrex for the jokes he made, not that he helped me win.
"Well, I..."
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #2042 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:40 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Yeah, I really enjoyed this game. While the player list kind of cowed me in the game itself, I think I learned a lot about mafia from you guys. Thanks a lot. :)
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2043 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:57 am

Post by RedCoyote »

popsofctown wrote:I liked spyrex for the jokes he made, not that he helped me win.
Oh, I was just giving you a hard time, pops. We all like Spyrex, too. :D
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #2044 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:15 am

Post by charter »

Woooooooooo!

Great job Pops and Hiphop! I thought we were doomed but you guys did an excellent job.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #2045 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:44 am

Post by SpyreX »

Apparently I need a mind-wipe because my play lately has been abysmal. Shotty AND Pads were town?

:(

Well played all the way around pops. The idea of hiphop/pops in that end setup never even occurred to me. A little bit.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2046 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:47 am

Post by Maemuki »

I predicted the future.

Not like it was hard though.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2047 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:58 am

Post by popsofctown »

I like to win.

My record might be back up to 50/50 now. Too bad i quit keeping track.
"Well, I..."
Infinis
Infinis
Goon
Infinis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2048 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:58 am

Post by Infinis »

I thought pops was scum. Like I said he was trying to play hall monitor to earn brownie points with town. Vig is way too powerful. Instead of allowing a lynch and a vote record, he just squashed it.

But good game to the scum, you fooled who you had to fool for the win. You won based on your arguing skills last two days.
Games Played: Mini 741, Newbie 764
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2049 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:28 am

Post by popsofctown »

I think I still would have condemned calling other players n00bs, with zeros if I recall correctly, regardless of alignment. It's disrespectful.

Of course, I could be wrong about my own behavior, I may have been more inclined to do it because I was scum.
"Well, I..."

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”