Mafia 105 - Caught in the Crossfire (Game Over)

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:16 am

Post by roflcopter »

Vote Count, Day 2, Post Day Kill
hiphop ( 1 ) - Xylthixlm
shotty to the body ( 0 )
charter ( 0 )
Energetic Penguin ( 0 )
hitogoroshi ( 1 ) - RayFrost
Idiotking ( 0 )
Infinis ( 0 )
Xylthixlm ( 0 )
Maemuki ( 7 ) - Infinis - Vi - roflcopter - charter - Zakeri - RedCoyote - sigma
Pads ( 1 ) - SpyreX
popsofctown ( 0 )
Zakeri ( 0 )
RayFrost ( 1 ) - Idiotking
RedCoyote ( 1 ) - hiphop
roflcopter ( 0 )
sigma ( 2 ) - shotty to the body - sotty7
Sotty7 ( 0 )
SpyreX ( 0 )
Vi ( 0 )
Unvote ( 5 ) - Energetic Penguin - Maemuki - popsofctown - Pads - hitogoroshi
Total Votes ( 19 )

With 19 alive, 10 needed to reach a majority.
Deadline is at December 12th, 10am EST

xyl, what do you think of maemuki?
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:16 am

Post by Maemuki »

I had some busy days, sorry.

But pretty much everybody's case is "what they said" unless I'm wrong. And the fact that I haven't posted since Sunday. I skimmed the thread. Maybe if I reread it with details it will be clearer.

@ Vi/Sotty, I suspected Vi at first...but...now I'm not sure. She seems to scumhunt (or at least I'm willing to be confused by it for now), but I don't really know. I know I promised a reread - but as I said, I had some busy days.

And, if I don't post much this week and the next (assuming I live that much), I'm studying. You have been warned.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:17 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

sigma wrote:In general (not specifically from my experience in this game) I agree with the conventional mafia wisdom that pro-town lists provide a good starting point for mafia NKs
This conventional wisdom is bunk and hurts the town. Ignore it.
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:19 am

Post by charter »

I'd still vote Vi.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:20 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

roflcopter wrote:xyl, what do you think of maemuki?
Seems to be an interaction-based case, I'm not really in a position to judge it yet because I haven't caught up on the game. On pure iso read I'd say leaning town.

Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:37 am

Post by Maemuki »

Oh. My. God. How did I miss this?

@ RedCoyote, I'm inclined to believe Vi on the fact that you're scum. But my reasons are not meta.
RC, very early D1 wrote:Maemuki - Despite posting much too frequently, seemingly everytime I noticed something fishy, sure enough, Mae had a post not long afterwards calling it out.
RC I assume you mean me here, right? If not correct me wrote: and the general uneasy vibe I got from her D1
Orly. What. Did you attack me on D1, say that you got uneasy vibes from me? Did you even say that I was undecided on the first place?

Answer this. Now.

Zakeri, sigma...is the bandwagon party good?

I don't have problems with Rofl and Vi. And Infinis because he's voting for me since yesterday. But he (Infinis) needs to post more. [/hypocrisy] I can't read charter.
Idiotking
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:39 am

Post by Idiotking »

Idiotking wrote:
Vi wrote: Voting Idiotking is still like claiming scum.
Wait a minute... if you're OK with everyone else lynching me, then why is voting for me like claiming scum? That doesn't make any sense.
VI. I WAS NOT KIDDING. ANSWER THIS QUESTION.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:41 am

Post by roflcopter »

Xylthixlm wrote:
Seems to be an interaction-based case, I'm not really in a position to judge it yet because I haven't caught up on the game. On pure iso read I'd say leaning town.
how does her complete lack of voting factor in? her spending 90+ percent of her time dealing with how people feel about her?
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:46 am

Post by zoraster »

fhqwhgads replaces Energetic Penguin

Please note that if you type vote in bold and then bang your head on your keyboard, I'll probably understand you mean to vote for fhqwhgads ;)
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:50 am

Post by popsofctown »

hiphop wrote:
vote scotty
imag doesn't have her name mentioned in iso 2, but he comes back later and starts calling her town, and saying that she is making really good points in iso 4,5, and 6. The only problem with this case is sotty doesn't mention imag. I'll let sotty tell us why.
What the crap?!? Weak case is weak. Is that really it, in
this
town, scumville.largegame, you pick Sotty and for those reasons? Or does keeping off scumpartners limit your options? Sotty's play seems swell to me atm. If she's not scumhunting she fakes well.
Infinis wrote:
Vote: Mae
back where it was before the CSL incident.
Vi wrote: Voting Idiotking is still like claiming scum.
Don't like this, is sort of like "I'm calling it out first so I have liscense to lynch you if you vote this [scummy] player". And I see this post as not fitting in with Vi's behavior towards CSL yesterday. Speaking of, it's horrible. I thought he was probably scum, was upset when he flipped, but know I probably would have not been able to read him much further anyway. That's how you're supposed to feel. Vi seems to say he lynched him even though she had a town read on him, and that he'd do it again. That's not really how you're supposed to feel.
SpyreX on Vi wrote:Not "TOWN" points but definitely "NOT SCUM WTIH IMAGIN" points:
This. Right now I think Vi is really scummy, for the elvis unvote and generally trying to end the day all day 1 and voting like a crazy man, but she seems like she voted too much to stick to scum, ties herself to seemingly no one, and doesn't pair well with Imaginality (but does with elvis.) Kinda feel like if he's anything, it's SK, so it's not too bad to leave her alive and let her shoot scum. [want to check the mafia theory there with the rest of the town.]
charter wrote:..anyone who thinks the mafia would actually kill crypto is out of their mind. .. none of those examples are of people as scummy as crypto.
I went from confused about Crypto to deciding he was town. I don't see how he was scumming. I think he was the most town of the dead players.

Just so I have a point: maybe you should wonder if you're off your game in this thread, Charter.

Rofl 1036 (hyperlink guy, teach me hyper links): You've established a double chainsaw relationship between Maemuki and E-k. That was a Tar tell, i recall. The big Tar tell. A massive one.
FoS: Maemuki
I won't lynch someone on this alone, though Tar would, but once I understand even a little more of the case on her it think it looks like a good place to vote.

Hito keeps posting and I keep not reading anything of it.

Re: my absence. Sorry, I was working on a screenplay that was due last night. Actually not that long a screenplay, just a short, but i kept on doing little things to put it off like watching one more tv show or playing a flash game. But posting in a game (which takes me like 2 hours for this thread or something crazy) was too much time dumping all at once, so i didn't do it.
I know, it's weird/bad, I just admitted to putting flash games before my mafia games. But it's a larger block of time, that's how it felt in my mind. If it makes you feel any better, other activities that felt like too much time dumping for me to do on good conscience were sleeping and laundry. And dinner, skipped that one night. I didn't sleep saturday night, got about 7 hours sunday night and 4 last night. Any funny typos? I hope.

I'm gonna take an hour long nap and get up for class at 1:30.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:54 am

Post by popsofctown »

yay, welcome fhqwhgads
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:00 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

roflcopter wrote:
Xylthixlm wrote:
how does her complete lack of voting factor in? her spending 90+ percent of her time dealing with how people feel about her?
I'll take another look later but right now I'm much more confident hiphop is scum.

Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:20 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Hip hop I mentioned Elvis in other posts, here and here for example. Going back to your iso, I see you only mention elvis in two posts before her lynch becomes the forefront of discussion. Again one is a meaningless response. The other is weak fos on her while voting me for the exact same thing you are accusing me of here accept with imag in place of Elvis.

The attack was poor when you first tired it, it's even worse now you have abandoned that and instead tried to push EK on me. In both instances you are equally as guilty as I was in non mentioning of these people so why are you pushing me as scum for it? Also in doing a find all search in EK's iso she never mentions you, are you trying to confess something with these awful attacks?
RedCoyote Post 1060 wrote:You were building up something tangible against Sotty (who I think is suspiciously playing not up to her capacity), elvis is shot, and then you vote me? I don't understand where you're coming from, frankly.
This is funny. What exactly about hip hop's attack on me is tangible? And how am I not playing up to my capacity?
Maemuki Post 1076 wrote:@ Vi/Sotty, I suspected Vi at first...but...now I'm not sure. She seems to scumhunt (or at least I'm willing to be confused by it for now), but I don't really know. I know I promised a reread - but as I said, I had some busy days.
One read doesn't cut it.

IK, what do you think about the Mae wagon?

More from Zakeri and Infinis too please.

Hip hop is looking bad to me now with those two awful attacks on me. Sigma's posting today so far feels somewhat townish and I can see myself jumping on the mae wagon, I agree with rofl and zak that there are mason vibes/connections there. Keeping my vote where it is for now however, I don't want to lazily jump without getting to my re-reads that I had to abandon yesterday.
fhqwhgads
fhqwhgads
Goon
fhqwhgads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:46 am

Post by fhqwhgads »

Hi guys. Starting to read up. Will post later.
Avoiding votes by means of the spelling of my name.
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:54 am

Post by sigma »

Did I say 24 hours? How about 3?

A series of observations coming up:

Maemuki looks even more scummy on a non-iso read -- it's like she's waiting for negative mentions of e_k so that she can come in and defend her. Specific posts include 179,672,and 901. It's incredibly damning,and she absolutely needs to be lynched. I can't see any circumstance where I'd change my mind about this.

idiotking is a huge enigma. I highly, highly dislike his bringing up of his "I always replace out as scum" meta, and his voting of CSL / "but what if he comes up town? Oh dammit, he did" type scumminess. On the other hand, he took a prominent place on both e_k's and imaginality's scumlists, which argues against him being scum.

SpyreX looks a lot dodgier to me on re-read. SpyreX, you were all "lynch Budja" on D1 and that completely disappeared on D2. I know he replaced out and all, but why did you completely drop this case? replacements don't affect the role.

charter looks like scum. he was a late joiner on both Confid and CSL wagons, and his attacks on crypto look a lot worse after crypto's flip. crypto was attacking imaginality and e_k hard on day 1, so that may explain his death on N1.

what happend to the infinis wagon? I'm specifically directing this at charter and rofl.

vi looks more town on re-reads (calls crypto wagon garbage, for one.) I want to know why she dropped her case on SpyreX -- vi was going after him hard D1 but that's gone now.

RayFrost looks surprisingly town with his votes on e_k. Sotty looks town as well. Xyl, pads, and of course rofl look solidly town.

summary:

Town

RayFrost
Xyl
pads
rofl
Sotty

Scummy

charter
SpyreX

Needs To Be Lynched Immediately
Maemuki

Confirm Vote: Maemuki
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:57 am

Post by SpyreX »

SpyreX looks a lot dodgier to me on re-read. SpyreX, you were all "lynch Budja" on D1 and that completely disappeared on D2. I know he replaced out and all, but why did you completely drop this case? replacements don't affect the role.
No, but replacements that are playing townier sure make it harder to push a lynch. (and, by nature give some level of hesitation)

THAT SAID...what?

I still would get behind a Budja lynch. Or a hiphop lynch. Or a pads lynch.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:10 am

Post by sigma »

Bleh, I posted too fast. Spyrex, you're probably more like 'slightly scummy' than scummy. I don't think townies usually drop cases out of nowhere like you did with Budja, but vi, rofl and charter are guilty of this as well (SpyreX, infinis, and infinis respectively) and not all of them look scummy.

I also don't like your 'something tells me this won't end well' post with regard to CSL -- that still looks scummy on re-read. It potentially lays the groundwork for lynchs of townies on the CSL wagon.

On the plus side, you were advocating for an e_k lynch on day 1, and that's a big point in your favor.

Overall read on you is 'slightly scummy' with the biggest factor arguing for your towniness is your advocation of e_k lynching. Don't understand why you're tunneling on pads, though.

---

I cannot emphasize enough that maemuki's game-long defense of e_k is an order of magnitude more scummy than anything else I've seen in my short career of forum mafia.
Notice that she didn't address this chainsaw defending at all in her most recent post. The town needs to lynch her immediately. This lynch has the added benefit of giving us better reads on vi, charter, pads and a number of others who have advocated for her lynch.
Pads
Pads
Goon
Pads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:12 am

Post by Pads »

Vi wrote: Where and when did you stop hating me and start suspecting elvis_knits? It's like you're saying "Okay, VI, I'll go along with your case". Especially considering the snipe you take at me when discussing Sotty7.
I'm afraid you misunderstand. I am attempting to continue our conversation from yesterday in which I implied that a CSL would be uninformative and you stated that such a thing was false. I then asked you what we could learn, and your reply was something that I found to be a generic bowl of nothing in particular that could easily apply to any lynch or wagon ever made. Therefore, as we are past a CSL lynch, I was giving you the opportunity to revisit your argument and tell me what we learned from that lynch.

Except that our conversation had actually been about Energetic Penguin, an important fact that I remembered incorrectly. So, I fail. You can disregard my question.

Take heart, though. I still have you on my scumlist (though no longer my top suspect), and I suspected Elvis for a good bit yesterday.

hitogoroshi wrote: It's not about simply holding the same scum reads. It's about twice in quick succession making multi-tiered lists, and in addition having those lists be similar.
Perhaps, then, you'll share a laugh with me when SpyreX says he has no idea what my opinions on anything are, and Vi accuses me of suspecting E_K out of the blue on Day 2. The point being, that you are seeing one extreme and they are seeing the other. Perhaps the middle ground is the reality?

hitogoroshi wrote: Scum are the ones who have their minds made up before the day starts, and to me the quick pair of lists strikes me as really scummy.
Actually my intention with those lists is to display where I am at the time that I make that post on certain individuals. In my naivety, I put them there to avoid attacks such as SpyreX's decree that he can find no stated opinions in my posts.

I see where you're coming from with all this, I really do. And it's not an unreasonable point except for the fact that I"m also being attacked for doing the opposite of what you're talking about: wagon jumping and switching opinions.

But here's my main issue. I attacked you several times yesterday, and you didn't say a word. You let it slide on by.

SpyreX? He traded some toothless conversation with me on Day 1, but that's about it.

Come Day 2, and you both make a beeline for me. That utterly
reeks
of scum making a plan of attack during the night phase.

So, you find switching opinions townlike and SpyreX finds it scummy? I'm sure this will give you both a lot to talk about. SpyreX joins you on my scumlist, as per the aforementioned reeking.

I missed the part where Sigma was scum if E_K was scum. I need a re-read there to make a call. Same goes for whatever hiphop is talking about, though I didn't like his Sotty vote post.

I guess I'm in trouble if Infinis or Energetic Penguin are scum, because I just don't see it. Shame on people voting Red Coyote at this point. He's far too interesting to risk losing at this point if he's town.

Limited Access during Thanksgiving Weekend
, but I should be able to pop in and do some reading. And a vote is forthcoming. I'd really like to vote Hitogoroshi, but the anti-Mae stuff is rather compelling.
Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:17 am

Post by Maemuki »

sigma wrote:
I cannot emphasize enough that maemuki's game-long defense of e_k is an order of magnitude more scummy than anything else I've seen in my short career of forum mafia.
Notice that she didn't address this chainsaw defending at all in her most recent post. The town needs to lynch her immediately. This lynch has the added benefit of giving us better reads on vi, charter, pads and a number of others who have advocated for her lynch.
Including you. I defended e_k because I didn't see why she was scummy.

And no, I don't want to be lynched (but I'm not going to be heard anyway). Not everyone on my wagon can be scum.

But if I get lynched before I can post, be careful with people that don't add anything to their reasons to lynch me. Most likely scum hopping on a townie bandwagon. Oh - and people who say that I'm scummy but never voted for me until the bandwagon formed.

I made a mistake to believe e_k. Oh well. Another mislynch to add to my collection I guess.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:18 am

Post by SpyreX »

Because that power wagon reeked of the style that scum will jump all over? Yea.

My issues with Mae are far less about the ek and far more about the general jumpiness. Which, ultimately, doesn't strike me as near as lynchworthy as others.

As for the reads well every lynch is going to be informative. That's not gonna make me all giddy.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:21 am

Post by Maemuki »

SpyreX wrote:Because that power wagon reeked of the style that scum will jump all over? Yea.
Are you being ironic or is it just my imagination?
As for the reads well every lynch is going to be informative. That's not gonna make me all giddy.
Well, that's the only useful thing that my lynch is going to make anyway.

I would defend myself, but my fate is sealed. My only hope is to out as many scum as possible with my lynch (coughrccough)
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:30 am

Post by SpyreX »

I love how many people I get to be scum with. Its awesome.
Pads wrote:SpyreX? He traded some toothless conversation with me on Day 1, but that's about it.
Toothless? I have plenty of teeth. I thought I made it pretty clear with my fence analogy AND the qualfiers that I found you to be absolutely wafflescum in regards to me yesterday.
Mae wrote:Are you being ironic or is it just my imagination?
What? I'm not voting for you (if that is the implied irony).

Although:
Mae wrote:Well, that's the only useful thing that my lynch is going to make anyway.

I would defend myself, but my fate is sealed. My only hope is to out as many scum as possible with my lynch (coughrccough)
If you're gonna just throw up your hands I sure as hell will be.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:34 am

Post by Maemuki »

If you're gonna just throw up your hands I sure as hell will be.
Throw up my hands? Never. Be lynched? Highly likely.
What? I'm not voting for you (if that is the implied irony).
Oh. Sorry.
I love how many people I get to be scum with
!?!
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:35 am

Post by SpyreX »

Charter said Vi and I were scum together.

Pads just said Hit and I are scum together.

Its just a fun little game.

Good lord I didn't realize you were at 7. Yea.
Show

Proud member of BaM
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:38 am

Post by sigma »

mae wrote:I would defend myself, but my fate is sealed. My only hope is to out as many scum as possible with my lynch (coughrccough)
Appeals to emotion aren't the mark of good vanilla townies (coughCSLcough). Defending themselves resolutely is. Explain, thoroughly, your thought process in defending e_k. Be exhaustive. Give us plenty of scum and town reads. If you're really a townie, these will be helpful. If you're scum, I suspect you won't want to waste the energy. Right now, I'm pretty sure it's the 2nd, but it'll still help the town if we have plenty of info to go off of if you flip townie.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”