Mafia 105 - Caught in the Crossfire (Game Over)

Zakeri
Zakeri
Goon
Zakeri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1750 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:24 pm

Post by Zakeri »

Vote Count, Day 4
hiphop ( 2 ) - fhqwhgads - zakeri
shotty to the body ( 0 )
fhqwhgads ( 0 )
hitogoroshi ( 0 )
Idiotking ( 1 ) - hitogoroshi
Xylthixlm ( 0 )
Pads ( 0 )
popsofctown ( 0 )
Zakeri ( 7 ) - SpyreX - Xylthixlm - idiotking - Shotty to the Body - Sotty7 - RedCoyote - hiphop

RedCoyote ( 0 )
Sotty7 ( 0 )
SpyreX ( 0 )
Unvote ( 2 ) - Pads - popsofctown
Total Votes ( 12 )

Majority reached

I hate how everyone just went silent :<
Is there really nothing left to talk about, or does everyone just assume I'm the last scum? The 24 hours period is almost up :/
"You know, I was hoping for a cop investigation. But instead I get [two vig kills]... okay." - Zakeri
"I [i]wish[/i] I ever got messages like this." - Vi
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1751 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:04 pm

Post by Shotty to the Body »

Zakeri wrote:I hate how everyone just went silent :<
Is there really nothing left to talk about, or does everyone just assume I'm the last scum? The 24 hours period is almost up :/
There's nothing left to talk about because you refused to defend yourself.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1752 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:01 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Shotty 1691 wrote:1. Where? I see a dead traitor vig...
Ah, sorry, I mixed up backup Cop and backup Vig.
Shotty 1691 wrote:4. We've already seen the SK role pm and it does have a day-kill.
Yeah... kinda.
Mod 1602 wrote:You may kill once per day/night cycle.
I don't know, that's a little strange. I still think charter being shot by an SK during the day doesn't quite add-up. Do you think charter shot Infinis or RF did?

---
hiphop 1730 wrote:Why is it that no matter how much I quote the rules, that people still insist that there
must
be this role because that is how it normally is?
Explain what you mean here. How did charter die?

---
Zak 1750 wrote:I hate how everyone just went silent :<
Well, it would've been nice to play a game where Zak that cared about winning. It's hard to buy that the silence upsets you when you've failed to jump into the game after several weeks. Xyl, fhq, and Shotty were all replacements as well, and they've all done fairly well to get involved in this game. There's just really no excuse for not only the lurking, but for the refusal to put forth an effort after the wagon starts. You, Pads, or anyone else can sit here and say, "Wow, this wagon moved quick, and no one is saying anything!" all day, but the fact of the matter is, even if you are town Zak: what are we losing? The very few posts you have made are almost all in agreement with someone else's point of view. Post 1742 was fine, but it was too little too late.

No, I don't have anything to say. I think it sucks we have to waste our lynch on you, because your flip is a complete tossup. You could be lurking scum, or you could be indifferent town. Maybe if you took the time to play the game we could've worked it out together.

I don't mean to be cruel, but I am frustrated with you. You asking why everyone is silent is totally a pot/kettle thing.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1753 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:21 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

No matter what alignment Zakeri flips, I will be happy with his lynch.
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1754 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:29 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

RedCoyote wrote:I don't mean to be cruel
Be cruel. Be downright gleeful. Shout "Yes! We lynched a lurker!". If this is the first time you've lynched Zakeri, add him to your lurker life-list.
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1755 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:14 am

@RC
RayFrost wrote:So... lynch me now and not get the buttload of daykills of such people as:

infinis

elvis knits

confid anon
That's the list RF said he killed, I don't see why he would lie about it. charter's only kills were crypto and Vi as far as I can tell, he was recruited on N2 and when he claimed vig yesterday I don't think he would've lied about his kills.

This is all public info, you should keep a short notes page in notepad or MS Word with this kind of information. Having a reference page for game info is helpful.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1756 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:51 am

Post by zoraster »

Zakeri the Town Jail Keeper was lynched.

You also find out that CSL was the back up Jail Keeper

Sorry for the lack of flavor; I didn't have time to write something up. Night 4 begins. All night actions are due to me by Sunday morning, 11am.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1757 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:33 am

Post by zoraster »

Our dwindling numbers did not deter us, but we knew there would be more shots in the night. Our job was not done. We found hitogoroshi encased in concrete, unable to breathe (oh, and dead). And then we found Xylthixlm hanged, Western style (the horse was chewing grass five yards away).

hitogoroshi the Vanilla Townie was killed.

Xylthixlm the Vanilla Townie was killed.

Day 5 begins. The deadlines from here on out are 10 days (with possible adjustments for the holidays). That means the deadline for today is December 23rd, at 11am EST.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1758 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:42 am

I'm going to be incapable of major rereads until Tuesday when I'm done with finals, but I'll be looking at whoever was pushing hito lynches then.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1759 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:05 am

Post by SpyreX »

HAY NEW REVELATION: IF YOU ARE A POWER ROLE EVEN IF YOU ARE GOING TO BE LYNCHED GO AHEAD AND CLAIM YOUR ROLE AND TARGETS.

Seriously. I'm not enthused.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1760 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:17 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Zak, that was dick thing of you to do to your town. Really, there was no reason for that. A lot of information could have been had from your flip, increasing our chances at winning this game.

A deadline right before Christmas, how cool it worked out that way.

Initial reactions are surprise at the hito flip, not so much with the Xyl flip. My to-do list includes reading over both of their suspects (already I know this is another mark against Idiotking), and going back once more to our mafia flips, especially that one imaginality post.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1761 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:35 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Hito being town doesn't surprise me. The killing does.
Xyl, yea. Woosh.

I'm still fuming at a PR just fumbling to death.

I still want to vote Pads real, real bad but.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1762 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:25 pm

V/LA until Tuesday
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1763 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:33 pm

Post by hiphop »

Shotty to the Body wrote: That's the list RF said he killed, I don't see why he would lie about it. charter's only kills were crypto and Vi as far as I can tell, he was recruited on N2 and when he claimed vig yesterday I don't think he would've lied about his kills.
What I want to know, is what makes you so certain that he was recruited night 2? Why not night one? Actually night 2 looks like there might be a save from zak, I wish we got a confirmed townie out of that one.

Just to let you know rc, I am looking at the hito death as the vig killing.
SpyreX wrote:I still want to vote Pads real, real bad but.
But what?

Now that the inactives are gone (good job town), I am going to be looking at who was inactive at the time of elvis's lynch. That might be our best bet at finding his partner(s). Might even consider bussing.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1764 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:35 pm

Post by SpyreX »

But Zak flipping freaking town PR kinda put a hamper in part of my thought process.

I'm going to try and regroup with this game and see if I still think Pads is the right way.

As it sits I'm not stoked.
Show

Proud member of BaM
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1765 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:53 pm

Post by hiphop »

I am going to bed. Tomorrow I plan on rereading zak as well. Perhaps he left a hint as to who he targeted. A hint is better than nothing. As I am to believe, a jailkeeper is also a roleblocker. Perhaps he rb scum. I guess I will see tomorrow.
Show
Town - 8/12
Scum - 4/2

Never forget

September 11, 2001

I colored hiphop kind of magenta, because he deserves a color of his own.
~Gila
fhqwhgads
fhqwhgads
Goon
fhqwhgads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1766 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:13 pm

Post by fhqwhgads »

Shotty to the Body wrote: I'm going to be incapable of major rereads until Tuesday when I'm done with finals, but I'll be looking at whoever was pushing hito lynches then.
I'm curious. Do you believe Hito was NK'ed by mafia or another (possibly town based) power role?
Avoiding votes by means of the spelling of my name.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #1767 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:33 am

Post by Sotty7 »

The Hito kill has me confused. I thought he was scum, I'm thinking that was a vig shot seeing as there was a bunch of people that had him high up in their lists. I was one of them. He would have been somewhat of an easy lynch today. Or lynch attempt at least.

I had a look though Zak's posts to see if he left any hints but I didn't really see anything helpful. I really can't believe he didn't claim, he had plenty of time. Really pissed me off.

I feel like I want to lynch Red right now but eh... Need to think about it. The only other person I don't have much of town read on right now is Shotty.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1768 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:04 am

Post by popsofctown »

Why do you want to lynch red sotty? I don't remember you talking about an interest before.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #1769 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:47 am

Post by Sotty7 »

It's his tone really. He says some things that don't feel like townie reactions to me. Like in his post today talking about Zak.
RedCoyote Post 1760 wrote:Zak, that was dick thing of you to do to your town.
Your town suggests to me that he stands apart from us there. He doesn't include himself, it's strange. It's the little things really and I am not confident on it at all. I am currently trying to read though the game which is some what hard with all the posts. Charter was breadcrumbing traitor really hard in his early day one posts where he had a little back and forth with Spy. The fact charter probably wasn't recruited till night two makes me think that Spy isn't scum because he would have picked up on that right away I would think. This is if we chose to believe charter when he claimed his two vig kills of course.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1770 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:40 am

Post by popsofctown »

yeah, charter's breadcrumbs were loltastic piece of 20/20 hindsight. Maybe that's it then, he died because someone saw the breadcrumbs. So, vig?

I'd give scumSpyrex more credit than to jump around excitedly in public when he finds breadcrumbs only he is looking for. I do lean pretty strongly towards Spyrex town right now, but that's no reason for me to accept reasoning that is shoddy, Sotty. Shotty to the body is someone else you mentioned, similar gutsy reasons to RC i presume?

Although I am a fan of 1760 analysis. I'm always up for Freudian slipsy stuff. I SWEAR I caught scum on the second page of my first game because I caught him projecting his emotions onto another person.

There's almost no reason to doubt Charter's reports on his vig kills. What little he could gain by such deception is far outweighed by the possibility of a watcher, tracker, or town-aligned true killer who can out Charter for lying.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1771 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:15 am

Post by SpyreX »

I wouldn't get on RC over that too much. Especially since that was very close to my first thoughts.

That is HILARIOUS looking back at charter.

That said I'm goin back to my pure gut. I DO feel a -bit- better about Shotty at the mo.

I do NOT feel better about Pads.

Unvote, Vote: Pads

With only 9 left it may be time for a massive hunt when I get a bit more energon.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #1772 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:23 am

Post by Sotty7 »

popsofctown Post 1770 wrote:I'd give scumSpyrex more credit than to jump around excitedly in public when he finds breadcrumbs only he is looking for. I do lean pretty strongly towards Spyrex town right now, but that's no reason for me to accept reasoning that is shoddy, Sotty. Shotty to the body is someone else you mentioned, similar gutsy reasons to RC i presume?
The first part about shoddy reasoning I agree with Pops. And yeah, Shotty is on the list for similar reasons to Red. I seem to be having an easier time finding townies than scum at the moment and I am pretty much leaning town on everyone else.
popsofctown Post 1770 wrote:Although I am a fan of 1760 analysis. I'm always up for Freudian slipsy stuff. I SWEAR I caught scum on the second page of my first game because I caught him projecting his emotions onto another person.
Freudian slip stuff can be a tight rope to walk, but that line really strikes me as off from Red no matter how many times I read it. I am not treating it like a scum confession or anything, it's just another thing for me to feel uneasy about.
Idiotking
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1773 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:05 am

Post by Idiotking »

God, I have to go back and reread too. This is just... *sigh*

And I guess now I think that we have a vig. Again. Whoeveritwasthatwelynchedyesterdaythatdidntpostanywaysoitsnotlikehemattered must have roleblocked a NKer at some point. This may or may not be useful.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1774 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:30 am

Post by popsofctown »

Idiotking wrote:Whoeveritwasthatwelynchedyesterdaythatdidntpostanywaysoitsnotlikehemattered must have roleblocked a NKer at some point. This may or may not be useful.
Go feed a fledgling pigeon all the breadcrumbs Zakeri left.

When the pigeon is dead I'll tell you whether or not it's useful.
"Well, I..."

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”