Mafia 105 - Caught in the Crossfire (Game Over)

popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:49 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Vote Count, Day 1
hiphop ( 0 )
Budja ( 1 ) SpyreX
charter ( 0 )
ConfidAnon ( 8 ) - sigma - CSL - roflcopter - elvis_knits - Pads - Vi - Sotty7 - popsofctown
crypto ( 1 ) Hoopla
CSL ( 1 ) - RedCoyote
elvis_knits ( 0 )
Energetic Penguin ( 0 )
hitogoroshi ( 0 )
Hoopla ( 1 ) - Energetic Penguin
Idiotking ( 0 )
imaginality ( 0 )
Infinis ( 0 )
Juls ( 0 )
Maemuki ( 2 ) - crypto - Infinis
Pads ( 0 )
popsofctown ( 1 ) - charter
Psychologic ( 0 )
RayFrost ( 0 )
RedCoyote ( 0 )
roflcopter ( 0 )
sigma ( 0 )
Sotty7 ( 0 )
SpyreX ( 4 ) - RayFrost - Budja - hiphop - ConfidAnon
Vi ( 0 )
Unvote ( 6 ) - Idiotking - Juls - imaginality - Psychologic - Maemuki - hitogoroshi
Total Votes ( 25 )

With 25 alive, 13 needed to reach a majority.
Deadline is at December 1st, 11am EST

hitogoroshi wrote:
popsofctown wrote: It's called keeping your options open as scum, and being able to vote anyone and pretend you were there all along actually works if no one notices.
Then
notice
if and when it happens. There are enough real accusations flying around to avoid 'I bet x will' ones.
If you see someone making pipe bombs do you have to wait until they do something to arrest them? Town don't legitimately scumhunt in that broad way charter did, and I'm not a fan of "ignore all players with less than 5 votes" or whatever logic.

Crypto seems to have changed from "no she's not forgetful, she's a flipflop". The flipflop really isn't there though. She never voted Spyrex, she just pointed out tells. Everyone has a plus sheet and a minus sheet and she mentioned minuses, there's no rule saying you can't talk about about things other than the ultimate conclusion. So Crypto, that's at best poor reading, at worst, scum build-a-case workshop.

This day DOES need to be shorter so I will
unvote, vote: ConfidAnon
. To be honest what he did was soooo far back now it's fuzzy, but I remember he sheeped onto Spyrex's wagon merely calling him "defensive".

I don't think Hoopla wants to be taken seriously guys. "we're wagonning X now?" is at least somewhat tongue in cheek. I hope. She later posts actual game content.

Eh, feel like i should dig through more and post more to match everyone else but I guess I'll let this umpteen page game get some mercy.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Energetic Penguin
Energetic Penguin
Townie
Energetic Penguin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:01 pm

Post by Energetic Penguin »

Pops, awesome new avatar.

I currently find confianon scummy for the things already brought up and if Pops insists that hoopola will actually post content then I'm gonna,

Unvote, Vote: Confidanon
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:03 pm

Post by Vi »

Energetic Penguin 376 wrote:Pops, awesome new avatar.

I currently find confianon scummy for the things already brought up and if Pops insists that hoopola will actually post content then I'm gonna,

Again I ask - anything more to add to the discussion?
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:12 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

elvis_knits wrote:Who do you think is scummiest?
I was struggling to pick a top candidate when pops and ep made the decision much easier! (debolding the votes in the quotes so there's no confusion.)
popsofctown wrote: This day DOES need to be shorter so I will unvote, vote: ConfidAnon. To be honest what he did was soooo far back now it's fuzzy, but I remember he sheeped onto Spyrex's wagon merely calling him "defensive".

I don't think Hoopla wants to be taken seriously guys. "we're wagonning X now?" is at least somewhat tongue in cheek. I hope. She later posts actual game content.

Eh, feel like i should dig through more and post more to match everyone else but I guess I'll let this umpteen page game get some mercy.
Condemning Hoopla for saying 'we're wagoning x now?' when, in the previous paragraph, he decided to wagon x without, as he admitted, really knowing why. And then as a nice touch, decided to look as though he was being magnanimous by not posting content!

And then of course this gem:
Energetic Penguin wrote: I currently find confianon scummy for the things already brought up and if Pops insists that hoopola will actually post content then I'm gonna,
'For the things already brought up' is my trigger phrase.
vote: Energetic Penguin
. I'll go dig up more of his stuff in a bit but honestly I think he kind of makes the case against himself here. I doubt this will get a bandwagon going (early vote only as strong as it's justification and all that) but this is more of a meta-crusade to end 'for the things already brought up.'
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:22 pm

Post by Vi »

hitogoroshi 378 wrote:And then of course this gem:
Energetic Penguin wrote:I currently find confianon scummy for the things already brought up and if Pops insists that hoopola will actually post content then I'm gonna,
'For the things already brought up' is my trigger phrase.
vote: Energetic Penguin
. I'll go dig up more of his stuff in a bit but honestly I think he kind of makes the case against himself here. I doubt this will get a bandwagon going (early vote only as strong as it's justification and all that) but this is more of a meta-crusade to end 'for the things already brought up.'
Is this a policy lynch, then?
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:26 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I'm not "insisting hoopla will post content"

I'm saying hoopla does post content, and she has more than you.

hito: EP 376 is indeed bad. I think you misread my post. I meant i think hoopla is kidding when she says the only reason she's voting people for random reasons, and I'm saying I'm totally fine with it, the reverse of condemning it. And I do know why I'm voting ConfidAnon, just sayin I had some other reasons too that I can't remember now.
But mostly it boils down to that plurality voting still requires some popularity, so I can't lynch Charter anymore than you can lynch EP (not that I would lynch Charter without getting more posts).
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:26 pm

Post by popsofctown »

EBWOP "..is kidding when she says the only reason she's voting people is
to wagon
"
"Well, I..."
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:30 pm

Post by crypto »

Pops, going from having a town (or non-scum, to be PC) read on Spyre to demanding a defense from him is a flip-flop.

Maemuki, you seem quite riled by my and Infinis' attacks. That's very similar to the bandwagon tell you applied to SpyreX. Cute.

Regarding Mae's insistence that I answer Elvis in more detail, I thought it was clear that my gut feeling stemmed from something in particular. That's how intuition works, as I understand it. Something ticks you off; you can't put your finger on it; you break it down and the specifics become apparent. Using the fact that my attack on Mae came after Vi and Rofl's town read announcement is a load of bullshit, as I've already outlined.

CSL's continued wagoning is inexcusable. I don't care how scummy his meta is.

Getting very strong scum vibes off of Energetic Penguin.

ConfidAnon is scummy, but I'm more interested in other players (including but not limited to Mae).
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:31 pm

Post by crypto »

Ah, seems Penguin-scum is a popular sentiment as of page 16. Good stuff.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:35 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Yeah, the unfair thing is that EP has what, 6 posts? And 1-2 two of them are scummy, creating a massive proportion of scumminess. Yet other players give more to go off of..

Yet the ConfidAnon wagon is bigger even though posting more is something we ought to reward.

Yeah. Screw ending the day.

unvote, vote Energetic Penguin

ConfidAnon will keep posting so he can be read, EP won't.
"Well, I..."
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:42 pm

Post by crypto »

No, we don't reward anything but pro-town play.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:53 pm

Post by charter »

Good lord.

Confid's vote in 155 looks a helluva lot like he is scum and Spyrex is town. Pretty classic BS reason that sounds good for jumping on to a wagon. Confid, you have anything else to say about Spyrex, or are you just going to sit pretty with a vote on him for "being defensive".

CSL's entrance is really horrible. Horribly scummy. CSL, why did you vote hiphop? Why did you almost immediately unvote hiphop? Are you planning on doing anything in this game or should we just lynch you now?

201, pretty good point by rofl about Confid doing this right after sigma voiced suspicion of Confid.

229, Confid is just pretending like he isn't doing anything scummy. It's about to catchup to him. He's also clearly scum.
unvote, vote Confid

248, crypto is obviously Confid's buddy. Votes maemuki for a bad reason why claiming to be suspicious of CSL and Confid (two way dodgier players) while unvoting Confid. Pretty much is waving a giant sign saying "HEY GUYS, WE'RE SCUMBUDDIES".

298, Pops is a third scum. If I was a daycop this game... His post comes back to OMGUS on me, then accuse me of "sprinkler scumhunting" on page five or whatever. Also claims to be suspicious of the Crypto/Confid pairing but does nothing about it.

319, Pops is accusing me of stuff I haven't done. Scum.

354, has Infinis said anything about Confid or crypto or someone who is actually scummy? If not, he's scum too.

370, Word.

Praying this is under the word limit, will try and follow up on this tonight.
Confid/crypto/Pops I might be able to dig another few later.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:53 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

Starting at the top of p.13:

Post 321: Pads, you're saying that I'm scummy for not talking about why someone else is scummy when defending myself. I don't get how that's scummy.

326: Hoopla, seriously? This is what, two bandwagons you've shamelessly joined?
Unvote, Vote Hoopla

343: Sotty, I've already elaborated on that.

370: Hoopla, why do you just say people should be lynched instead of scumhunting yourself? Your acting very scummy.

373: elvis_knits, you are also sitting on a wagon and pushing it without making an effort to investigate the lynchee further. Why not investigate other suspects instead of just posting to advertise a wagon? The lack of content is scummy.

375: pops, you wagon me for wagoning on spyrex, yet ignore Hoopla's wagoning. Why?

376: penguin, all you have for us after you've caught up is a shameless bandwagon vote? Sounds like lazy scum, but Hoopla is more suspicious.
FoS: Energetic Penguin

--------------

Anyways, right now, Hoopla is the scummiest in the game imo, with Energetic not far behind. I also don't like elvis-knits's behavior recently concerning my wagon. I know this all will come off as OMGUSy, but meh, the scummy people happen to be on my wagon.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:29 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Vi wrote:Is this a policy lynch, then?
Depends on what sense you mean. I do think that it's a very scummy and anti-town thing to say "voting x for reasons already mentioned" so it's not a policy thing in that sense. However, I suppose if someone showed something akin to 'That's what ep always does', that wouldn't sway me, and in that sense it is a policy lynch. I think it's either a scumtell or terrible play that should be punished. Either one is reason enough to throw down a vote.

And guys, please, if you're responding to posts that are more that a few away from yours, make the numbers hyperlinks if you're not doing quotes for wc constraints.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:37 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Double posting, my two posts are still less than 750wc combined so whatever.

When I said I'd look at ep's other stuff, turns out there wasn't really anything else! There was an FOS and vote that was apparently 'not entirely serious', and then there was this:
Energetic Penguin wrote:I'm quite suspicous of Hoopola, His continuing wagon hopping and following the crowd like a lemming is scummy.
Spelling and gender errors aside, this was one post before he wagon hopped and followed the crowd.

Like a lemming.

He said he was new here and quite frankly I'm not so sure ep belongs in a large game.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:38 pm

Post by Vi »

hitogoroshi 388 wrote:
Vi wrote:Is this a policy lynch, then?
Depends on what sense you mean. I do think that it's a very scummy and anti-town thing to say "voting x for reasons already mentioned" so it's not a policy thing in that sense. However, I suppose if someone showed something akin to 'That's what ep always does', that wouldn't sway me, and in that sense it is a policy lynch. I think it's either a scumtell or terrible play that should be punished. Either one is reason enough to throw down a vote.
Considering E-Pengy is probably a private alt, I don't think any meta will be surfacing any time soon.

I've been waiting for E-Pengy for a while (you can see it in one of my early posts) to see if he'll do anything decisive. So far, I like your vote.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:39 pm

Post by Vi »

EBWOP: What you said.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:39 pm

Post by Vi »

@hiphop: Oh hi. Post.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:08 pm

Post by crypto »

Vi wrote:@hiphop: Oh hi. Post.
Don't you love it when they do that?
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:46 pm

Post by popsofctown »

ConfidAnon wrote: 375: pops, you wagon me for wagoning on spyrex, yet ignore Hoopla's wagoning. Why?
I haven't ignored it, I actually pointed it out and said it doesn't bother me. On paper what she does is absolutely inexcusable sheeping and I shouldn't tolerate it and it's scummy. But the way she wagons, shamelessly, "I'm wagonning", and then does actually scumhunt in between vote changes, doesn't look scummy to me. It looks like a style thing.

You, however, did the opposite, you voted spyrex whilst pretending to have a reason. "He's too defensive". Which isn't really a reason. It's tofu. That's what it is.

In conclusion, I'm more interested in punishing the boy who cut down the cherry tree and lied about it than I am about punishing the girl that owned up.
Charter wrote:298, Pops is a third scum. If I was a daycop this game... His post comes back to OMGUS on me, then accuse me of "sprinkler scumhunting" on page five or whatever. Also claims to be suspicious of the Crypto/Confid pairing but does nothing about it.
I labelled my post with the letters "OMGUS" sarcastically. OMGUS is an emotional effect that causes people to want to return votes, which, as a mafia vet, i believe i have under control. My vote on you had reasons and I explained them, it's not mere OMGUS.

The next clause of that sentence is you parroting what I said. Explain why I'm scummy. At the very least, explain how I'm wrong.

And yeah, I am suspicious of ConfidAnon and pretty unsure about Crypto, but I only have one vote. Sorry about that. I'm not Vi.
"Well, I..."
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:58 pm

Post by zoraster »

ATTENTION
ATTENTION
ATTENTION

We interrupt your regularly schedule bikering to bring you this surprising news: recently suspected villager ConfidAnon was recently found face down in a drainage ditch, shot in the head, next to the town hall. Sources say no one has a clue who killed ConfidAnon.

ConfidAnon the Vanilla Townie has been killed in this day.

We return you to your normally scheduled lynching

Day 1 Continues. Vote Count updated on Page 17
Last edited by zoraster on Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:59 pm

Post by crypto »

Wat.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:00 pm

Post by RayFrost »

crypto wrote:Wat.
Are you surprised that he's VT or surprised that he's dead?
don't you feel silly now?
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:00 pm

Post by crypto »

Option B.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:02 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Oh.

I don't think whoever did it should claim (unless scum, of course :P ), considering a daykiller may be beneficial to town.

Does anybody disagree?
don't you feel silly now?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”