Mafia 105 - Caught in the Crossfire (Game Over)

charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:29 pm

Post by charter »

Vi wrote:
charter 872 wrote:Vi, you didn't even attempt an answer at my question. All you said was "well, Hoopla isn't as scummy as I thought". Ugh, what a pickle. You or crypto for scumbag numero uno.
You mean missed the self-quote entirely?

@pops: Go see that one game I modded for more info.
Oh, I was under the impression that you weren't still clinging to something of no importance like the thinly veiled OMGUS you suspect her for.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:31 pm

Post by charter »

Might be unclear. Vi is poorly masking OMGUS, not Hoopla.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:32 pm

Post by crypto »

Maybe I don't understand what Vi is saying here, but Hoopla's satire of my argument was easily understood, and as far as I'm concerned, her explanation checks out.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:10 pm

Post by zoraster »

I won't be awake at 5am for obvious reasons. You should feel free to talk after that period until I can lock the thread when I wake up, but whoever has the most votes at 5am will get lynched unless someone else has managed to get a new majority of votes
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:14 pm

Post by Shotty to the Body »

A
REAL
mod would be awake at 4:59am watching the seconds tick away as he prepares to close the thread. /antagonize mod

I still think Hoopsta is ballin' town, disagree with Vi's reasoning obviously.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:23 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I think the guy reading unbolded text (as far as i can tell) in our 8-page-a-day game is a
REAL
mod.
And zoraster's avatar is awesome. Good avatars make me so happy.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:27 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Gaaah... haven't had the time to read through the hoards :( I'll get to it today.
don't you feel silly now?
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:29 pm

Post by Shotty to the Body »

popsofctown wrote:I think the guy reading unbolded text (as far as i can tell) in our 8-page-a-day game is a
REAL
mod.
And zoraster's avatar is awesome. Good avatars make me so happy.
This is true, I'm just giving him shit.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:40 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Only this game generates this much activity during, in essence, twilight.

Yea, if CSL flips scum just go ahead and shoot me and save that whole business tomorrow.

However, when he flips town because that was quite the amazing wagon lets go ahead and rip it apart and shake all the delicious scums off it.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:46 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Dude, who cares if it's twilight. I like, live here. I spent more time in this thread than i did in my room today.

Spyrex pass me a beer.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:50 pm

Post by crypto »

1:50 am. WTF. Wanna see my poetry explication, guys?
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:51 pm

Post by crypto »

actually no fuck that i'm going to bed
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:22 pm

Post by popsofctown »

aw, i wanted to see it.
"Well, I..."
Pads
Pads
Goon
Pads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:22 pm

Post by Pads »

roflcopter wrote: pads, please wax philosophical for me on the subject of infinis, a player you are completely ignoring
Little piece of advice: your fake scum hunting will look better if it's based on facts. I inquisitioned Infinis here, he answered here, and I commented on the attempts to wagon him here.

As is obvious from the last link's content, I do not suspect him as scum. While I have not spent a lot of time talking about him, you might as well get used to that or just vote me now. 24 player game = me not going to write three paragraphs about everyone. I plan to use my time to write about scum. Town hunting is fine, but it's not what I focus on.

If you were actually scum hunting, and not just trying to incite a senseless wagon, you would have pointed out that I was completely ignoring Sotty, Psycho, Imaginality, and Budja - none of which I've said a single word about. (Town, Unable to read, slightly Town, and Town in case you were wondering.)

charter wrote:Pads is pretty much being useless. His top three suspects have a whopping two votes combined and he's not trying to convince anyone to vote his suspects.
You got me. Making cases and bringing scummy actions to light are just my way of cowering in the corner. Furthermore, since the scum aren't willing to join me in the lynching of their buddies, I am clearly wasting my time, and I should just jump on one of the mislynches that they're providing.

Shoo, scum. Townies are talking.

Some thoughts on CSL. No honest townie should have read him as town. No honest townie should have wanted to try to get a read off of those nonsensical, contradictory, borderline-insane posts. No honest townie should have wanted to leave him around even if he was town, for risk of him being an easy mislynch closer to end game when it actually matters, and thus no townie should have been all that reluctant to be on that wagon.

Assuming a single scum group, scum trying to look un-bloodthirsty would have stayed off, and that's about it. (Scum points for IK)

Now it changes if there's two scum groups, as each scum group might have assumed he was on the other scum team. In that case, they'd surely want to be on the wagon to get townie points for lynching a scum.

There's no conclusion to come to yet, but this is what I'll be thinking about if we prove two scum groups.

I like new Budja. Both he and Hoopla fail for attacking the 'lurkers' with nine posts after five days, but I say town for both of them.

The lifeless corpses of Maemuki, Vi, Elvis_Knits, and Charter all hanging from a tree would make for a nice wind chime set.

I'd find some way to live with myself if Ray_Frost, Roflcopter, or Hitogoroshi were the next lynched.

I can't decide if I want to think of SpyreX as scummier or more town for his suddenly cockier tone. With no wagon in his past, I'd say townier, hands down. But a scum may feel like he's 'beaten the rap'.

I feel like there should be more out of the last nine pages to talk about, but there's not. The latest Crypto wagon (is this the second or third one on him?) was clearly inflamed by the scum trying to be rid of him. He's been about the most pro-town player up to this point, as far as I'm concerned. And he's even more of a bull in a china shop than I am.

(+2 coolness points to the first person to say "Pads, you're not a bull in a china shop, you're more a ____ in a _____." *canned laughter*)
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:32 pm

Post by RayFrost »

"Pads, you're not a bull in a china shop, you're more a ___ in a _____."
don't you feel silly now?
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:59 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Pads wrote: I like new Budja. Both he and Hoopla fail for attacking the 'lurkers' with nine posts after five days, but I say town for both of them.
I think you misinterpreted my post - I was attacking the players at the top of the tree for whoring so much and forcing half the town behind.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:15 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

sigma, 490: It makes some sense. I just dont understand why you felt the need to rub it in the game's face (I don't mean this negatively, just as a point of fact). You were aiming for reactions, yet, you told people you were looking for reactions, which seems to defeat the purpose. It's almost like you were saying, "Look at me, look how townie I am".

crypto, 541: Do you think this kind of two sentence post is necessary? Is it valuable to the town? I could choose a great many of your posts, but after scrolling through your name numerous times already (with 14 pages still to go) I thought I'd go ahead and ask you this. What are your intentions when making posts like these? I could ask this same question of pops, RF, Vi, charter... Look at page 23 and tell me what is valuable about it. Six players posted on page 23, four of them posted
two times or less

rofl, 617: You can fos me all you want, but calling me an obstructionist is just wrong. You propose we lynch [insert name here] because you've drawn him out of a hat as far as I'm concerned. I've seen nothing particularly positive or negative about his play, or I would've noticed as such. If there was something specific, I'd have imagined you would have brought it to our attention. I've shown why CSL is anti-town, and that's why I've wanted to vote him. In addition, he is connected to the only piece of hard fact we have to work with right now: Confid's wagon.

RF, 618 & charter, 642: You've both been severely downgraded for these meaningless posts, just for future reference. RF moreso than charter, but it's almost not worth wasting my space for talking about it. What makes you think these posts are valuable at all? RF's is completely nothing, posting to see his name in the thread again, and charter's meaningless scum predictions are so fickle that he feels the need to make a new one every few hours.

Vi, 620: I doubt I'm going to respond much faster, but explain, "Add on what roflcopter said". Do you mean you agree with post 617? Infinis is our best lynch and anyone speaking against it is obstructing the game, and thus scummy?

crypto, 643: This post I like... except for the fact that your post 588 contradicts it.

hito, 685: It may be too bias of me to say I like this post. :3

imaginality, 691: This post strikes me as a little useless without a vote or anything really edgy. I mean, I don't expect you to be different for the sake of it, but it seems like every opinion you have is fairly accepted (e.g. "hoopla might be town", "IGMEO Ik", "crypto isn't definitely town", "EP is a good vote", "RC is likely town"). These are all things with no real meat to them. I finally agree with rofl this game for calling you out on this post.

pops, 698: Solid post.

CSL, 730: Policy lynch for "You vote me. You suck. I'm out."

Spyrex, 752: Can you stop being useless? Are you just waiting for D1 to be over with? I think I'll tell my scumbuddies to keep you alive a little longer.

Hoopla, 778: You can put my name in any color you wish, hon. I won't, can't, and refuse to post like charter the several times a day. I keep up with this game well enough, but I definitely do not see the need to make a post every few minutes. Go read page 23. I appreciate you calling out crypto and Vi for their post wars, but I don't think the "red group" are necessarily bad.

SttB, 788: Good opening post. EC is long overdue for a post similar to this. I don't need to see his opinions on individual posts in a game like this, he just needs to get in with the current events.

Idiotking, 794: It took me a while, but I finally realized why you were pushing that "wait for a CSL replacement" line. If CSL flips town, you want it to make you look good. I'll remember this for later, my friend.

elvis, 807 & EP 813: Y'all get some props for catching this, too.

CSL, 832: PROTIP: Most of the time everyone is town. Scum are the minority, remember? Quit whining.

Spyrex, 850: There are going to be scum on this wagon regardless, don't you think?
Pads
Pads
Goon
Pads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:19 pm

Post by Pads »

@ Hoopla.

After re-reading it, I think you're right. I thought you were rebuking the ones with low post counts, but you were actually saying that the actions of the high posters were causing the replacements. My apologies.

RayFrost, you are officially two points cooler, sir.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:17 am

Post by Vi »

RedCoyote wrote:Vi, 620: I doubt I'm going to respond much faster, but explain, "Add on what roflcopter said".
Do you mean you agree with post 617? Infinis is our best lynch and anyone speaking against it is obstructing the game, and thus scummy?
:?
These two sentences have
nothing to do with each other
roflcopter 617 wrote:redcoyote is suffering from the "summarize and get someone else to analyze" disease too, with a side of naysaying any and all forms of forward progress. i'm not sure i have a real bead on his opinion on any player as of this last post, all i know is that he wants us to slow down and all take a good hard look at each other.

oh, i do know how he feels about csl, thats right. he feels that we could never ask for a better day one lynch. which is code for this is an easy lynch that i shouldn't take any flak for if and when he flips town.
Infinis' name doesn't show up anywhere in this post.

Add on that about 40% of your post was you complaining about the length of the topic and demonizing the overposters, and yes, your substance can and should rightfully be called weak.

Plus there's this.
RedCoyote 891 wrote:Can you stop being useless? Are you just waiting for D1 to be over with?
I think I'll tell my scumbuddies to keep you alive a little longer.
Considering this is the post in question--
SpyreX 752 wrote:Ohh CSL could use a rope/bullet as well. No questions there. As well as e_k.

That doesn't change the fact that Budja jumped on a spurious wagon under spurious reasons and then tried to turn on the cruise control for cool.
--I don't see why you brought in the remark about your scumbuddies, except as a bold slip.

------

@Hoopla defenders: If it's that obvious to everyone else and I just don't "get it", then whatever.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:28 am

Post by zoraster »

It took us a while for us to lynch the first. The discussion was heated, and in an unusual act of boldness, a townie was downed in the middle of the day. That just strengthened our resolve though; it was a matter of time before they came for the rest of us.

Eventually we decided on CSL. The question was whether his reaction was the sign of his guilt ridden conscience or merely a psychotic paranoia?

"I gotta get out of here!" CSL kept saying. God did not heed his prayer, but the town did. We went medieval on his ass.

Literally. Rather than the traditional method for a good lynch of hanging him from a tree, we strung him up to a rack and started pulling. He maintained his innocence until the third turn when he cried out, "I'll tell you whatever you want to know!" Of course, his guilty confession just made us want to kill him more. So we turned until the arms left the sockets. CSL either died from the shock or blood loss. We're not sure, but we rested easy in that we lynched our first scum.

We should have known that confessions under torture only get what the torturer wants to hear.

CSL the Vanilla Townie has been lynched

Night 1 begins. All night actions must be given to me by Saturday morning (roughly 11am).
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:10 am

Post by zoraster »

The night was filled with gunshots once again. Despite the town's best efforts, we knew slaughter was still taking place.

So it came as no surprise when we found crypto tethered to a roof riddled full of gunshots. Nor did it surprise us that imaginality was locked in the Spa's Sauna with the heat turned all the way up, shriveled up like a prune. And it certainly didn't surprise us to find Hoopla with two gunshots, one in each eye, posed as a scarecrow at the busiest intersection in town.

But this just strengthened the town's resolve. It was time to lynch some scum.

imaginality the Mafia Roleblocker was killed

crypto the Vanilla Townie was killed

Hoopla the Vanilla Townie was killed

Flavor clarification: types of deaths do not indicate alignment of killer and are merely for entertainment reasons.

Day 2 begins now.

InfoDeadline at December 12th, 10:00am
With 20 alive, it takes 11 to reach majority.
Last edited by zoraster on Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:25 am

Post by Vi »

@mod: Don't you mean "Day 2 begins" in the topic title?

Yes I did. Good catch.

imaginality
the Mafia
Roleblocker was killed
whawhat!?

Vote: elvis_knits
(L-10)
crypto's death strengthens this read.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:28 am

Post by Maemuki »

And now to reread Day 1. *headdesk*
Vi wrote:
(L-10)
Why do you think so?
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:33 am

Post by Hoopla »

bah teehee
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:34 am

Post by Vi »

Maemuki 897 wrote:
Vi wrote:
(L-10)
Why do you think so?
Obviously the Mafia did not target imaginality.
That means they targeted either Hoopla or crypto. They could have gone either way considering Hoopla was allegedly Extremely Pro-Town, but looking at who crypto was gunning for yesterday--
ConfidAnon

Maemuki
elvis_knits
Infinis
imaginality

CSL
and the fact that I have a scumread on elvis_knits and I'm becoming more and more interested in your alignment makes me want to put two and two together.

Do you have anyone you would like to vote
right now
, without rereading?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”