Mafia 105 - Caught in the Crossfire (Game Over)

zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Mafia 105 - Caught in the Crossfire (Game Over)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:05 am

Post by zoraster »

Backup Mod
StrangerCoug

Words from the Mod

There are a lot of rules listed for this game. I apologize for that. If you metagame my modding (and you should), you'll know that rules can be very important. There are a few things in particular to note.
1. Lynching uses the Plurality voting with a Lynch + 24 hours. This is different for some, so read the rules carefully.
2. Sometimes Large Normals turn into novel writing contests. Not mine. Posts should be kept under
750 words. I reserve the right to penalize (role restriction), replace, or even modkill repeat and/or blatant offenders. See the word count section for more.
3. For my benefit, if you could
put your bolded votes either at the top or bottom of your post
, it'll make everyone's life easier. Not required, but much appreciated.

Alive

hiphop

popsofctown

[/list]

Dead:

Day 1:
ConfidAnon the Vanilla Townie was killed

Day 1:
CSL the
Vanilla Townie
back up Jail Keeper was lynched

Night 1:
imaginality the Mafia Roleblocker was killed

Night 1:
crypto the
Vanilla Townie
Backup Cop was killed

Night 1:
Hoopla the Vanilla Townie was killed

Day 2:
elvis_knits the Mafia Mason was killed

Day 2:
Maemuki the Vanilla Townie was lynched

Night 2:
Sigma the Vanilla Townie was killed

Night 2:
Vi the Vanilla Townie was killed

Day 3:
Infinis the Vanilla Townie was killed

Day 3:
charter the Mafia Roleblocker and ex-Traitor Vigilante was killed

Day 3:
RayFrost the Serial Killer was Lynched

Night 3:
Roflcopter, the Sane Cop was killed.

Day 4:
Zakeri
Psychologic
the Town Jail Keeper was lynched.

Night 4:
hitogoroshi the Vanilla Townie was killed.

Night 4:
Xylthixlm
EtherealCookie
Juls
the
Vanilla Townie
backup Vigilante was killed.

Day 5:
Idiotking the Vanilla Townie was killed

Day 5:
Sotty7 the Vanilla Townie was Lynched

Night 5:
RedCoyote the Vigilante was killed.

Night 6:
fhqwhgads
Energetic Penguin
the Vanilla Townie was killed

Day 7:
Pads the Vanilla Townie was Lynched

Endgame:
Shotty to the Body the Vanilla Townie was Killed

Endgame:
SpyreX the Town Miller was Killed

Events

Day 1 - Game Begins
Day 1 - Word Count Rule Change.
Day 1 - Confid the Vanilla Townie Day Killed
Day 1 - EtherealCookie replaces Juls
Day 1 - Shotty to the Body replaces Budja
Day 1 - Zakeri replaces Psychologic
Day 1 - CSL Lynched
Day 2 - Begins
Day 2 - Xylthixlm replaces EtherealCookie
Day 2 - Elvis knits daykilled
Day 2 - fhqwhgads replaces Energetic Penguin
Day 2 - Maemuki Lynched
Day 3 - Begins
Day 3 - Infinis and Charter killed
Day 3 - RayFrost Lynched
Day 4 - Begins
Day 4 - Zakeri Lynched
Day 5 - Begins
Day 5 - Idiotking Day Killed
Day 5 - Sotty7 Lynched
Day 6 - Begins
Day 6 - No Lynch Chosen
Day 7 - Begins
Day 7 - Lynch and Endgame
Last edited by zoraster on Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:29 pm, edited 110 times in total.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:06 am

Post by zoraster »

Deadline guide:
Day 1: 18 days Day 2: 21 days. Day 3: 14 days. Day 4: 12 days Day 5+: 10 days. Deadlines may be extended for holidays. Subject to change.

Rules

Please note that while this is a Normal game, there are
SIGNIFICANT
differences between the way I am running this and the way many games are run. For the largest practical difference, please take special note of the "How Lynching Works" section. I have used this mechanic with success before.

Article I: General Information

1. This is a Normal setup. Please read the Roles section for a list of the possible roles.
a. This game will have at least one Mafia faction, and no more than two.
b. This game does not HAVE to have any other roles other than Townies and Mafia.
c. If the setup has other roles, they will mostly be standard (I use an expansive definition of standard), subject to I(2).
d. Other roles may be included. However, there will be no more than 1 or 2 of these.
2. If roles are included in the game they can be: day actions, night actions, or both. They can be permanent powers (i.e. you can use them every night, day, etc.), every other (e.g. you can use it on days 1, 3, 5) or they can be one, two or three shot powers. The powers can either be immediately active or backups (e.g. backup tracker would become active upon the real tracker's death). Backups are not told of their status, and there can be backups without an active counterpart.
3. All choices that demand random generation are done using random.org.
4. Standard roles may be slightly altered from the norm, but will retain their essential qualities.

Article II:How Lynching Works (Read Carefully!):

1. Each day and night will have a certain announced deadline.
2. At the end of each day at the deadline the person with a PLURALITY of the vote will be lynched. In the event of a tie, there will be NO LYNCH.
3. If at any time a majority vote for one person, the day does NOT immediately end. Rather, it starts a 24-hour timer at the "hammer" post. At the end of this time, the person with the plurality of votes will be lynched (unless they reach a new majority, see 3a). Please note that I will make every effort to tell you when the hammer post has been made, but it is your duty to know. In the event of a tie, the original person who got a majority of the vote will be lynched – no matter what.
3a. In the event a NEW majority is reached, the 24 hour clock will reset, and that person will now be the player who gets lynched under a tie.
4. A plurality simply means "more than the others." So if there are 15 people and the votes are 4,3,3,2,2 the person with 4 votes will have the plurality even though he does not have the majority.
5. In the event of a day kill that would otherwise create a majority vote, there is a 12 hour delay where the number for majority is still set at the higher number.
6. If a majority is reached 24 hours or nearer to the deadline, the deadline still stands, but otherwise the rules are the same as II(3).
7. Anyone may vote for
No Lynch
. Self-votes will be ignored (no Jesters, I promise)

Article III: Other rules:

1. Have fun.
2. Please bold your votes. For example,
Vote: Zoraster

There are no unvotes and there are no selfvotes. All unvotes and selfvotes will be ignored.

Bold
is for your communication with me in the thread.
4. If you are lynched or killed, you may post a "bah!" post. You may not post anything of consequence.
6. Never quote anything that I PM to you. Never even mention the exact word or order or syntax or anything from a PM. In fact, for all intents and purposes, you should pretend you somehow divined your role without need for a PM. I will come down HARD on this as quickly as possible if I think it even comes close to the line.
7. Treat this game as a commitment and be considerate of me and your fellow players.
8. No small or invisible text, editing of your posts, etc.
9. Do not discuss this game outside the thread at any time, except if your role specifically allows you to do so.
9a. You may discuss any other game to discuss a user's activity level, but you may not discuss the substance of any game that is still active. If in doubt, ask me first.
10. Players may be prodded at ANY TIME as long as it is not abusive and obviously absurd. To ask for a prod, simply bold the request:
Prod: Zoraster
11. YOU ARE EXPECTED TO PARTICIPATE FREQUENTLY. Obviously there are exceptions. You might have a vacation to go on or a busy weekend or whatever. That's fine. But recognize that as a general rule, you cannot simply read and act on everything every three or four days. This is a major reason why people end up going inactive in a game -- they simply get behind.
12. I am the "decider." I'm willing to consider an appeal to my judgment, but I have the final word.
13. The game is called only if there is only one theoretical result. For example, Doc and Vig vs. 2 goons will not end a game (doc protects mafia target, vig shoots goon is a plausible series of events). 2 goons vs. 2 vanilla townies will, on the other hand, be called. If there's any doubt in my mind, I'll let it play out.
14. Neither the town in lynching nor any player with a killing role MUST kill unless otherwise indicated. However, if any four phases (e.g. D, N, D, N or N,D,N,D) go without a lynch or kill attempt, every person in the game will be given a gun with one armor penetrating bullet (vests do not block) and told to kill someone else. Simul kills end in both parties' death, despite VI(3). The game proceeds (if it can) from there. If no parties are left alive, the game is officially a Draw, and neither side wins.
I’ll take the color red. No one else may use this.

Article IV: Lurking and Activity:

1. This game thrives on active participation. Some value lurking as a strategy. I view it is as a way to kill interest in games.
2. "Passive" Lurking is not acceptable. Passive lurking is simply only posting the absolute minimum to avoid being prodded or kicked. Posting something like, "Sorry guys! I'll post soon!" is NOT a post that will count positively toward your activity. Nor is “someone else already said what I was thinking.” Say it anyway!
3. "Active" Lurking is acceptable. This is where your posts theoretically might be designed to seem helpful, but are not really. The distinction is fine. If all you do is post absolutely irrelevant material, then I may take action
4. I reserve the right to remove anyone at any time from the game for non-participation AS I INTERPRET IT.
5. Prods not picked up and acted on in a substantial way within 36 hours of being sent will be acted on by me.
6. Put a post in
bold
if you're going on vacation leave. If I suspect you are using vacation leave as a way to lurk, I will remove you. But for the most part, I'm pretty lenient. I understand things come up. The farther ahead you let me know in advance, the better everything will be. I expect you to be on Vacation Leave in ALL of your games.
7. Players may be prodded at ANY TIME as long as it is not abusive and obviously absurd. To ask for a prod, simply bold the request:
Prod: Zoraster
Finally, you will be considered inactive if you do not place a vote on a player, no matter how many posts you make, within the first 5 days of the start of any game day.

Article V: Word Limit
NEW

*1. All posts unless otherwise noted here should be kept under
words.
2. This INCLUDES quotes. I'll just stick any post I suspect into word and run word count.
3. It includes what I SEE, so if you make a link, it's just the text I see that I count.
3. I'm not aiming to be really anal about this rule, so if someone is over by 5 words once or twice, it's probably not a big deal. But don't test me, please.
4. Do not try and get around my limit by posting twice or by just waiting for someone else to post and then continuing your own post. Spirit of the rule, not letter.
5. Penalties for repeat and/or blatant offenses include: warning, role penalty, replacement, mod kill.
*6. New replacements may make one post shortly after replacing that exceeds 750 words. The post should be kept under
words.
7. Any player at plurality within 24 hours of being lynched may post up to 1500 words per post.
*8. Any player coming off of an announced vacation leave where more than 300 posts were made in their absence will be allowed a post of 1500 words.

Article VI: Order of Actions:

1. Roleblocks
2. Protections
3. Kills
a. Mafia Kills
b. Serial Killer Kills
c. Vigil Kills
d. Other Kills (say what!?)
4. Misc.
5. Investigations

Roleblock on a roleblocker roleblocks before the other roleblock goes through (got it?)

Article VII: Roles Possible:

1. Vanilla, Goon, Backup (Cop, Doc, Jail Keeper, Miller, Tracker, Vigil, Watcher, Roleblocker, Role Cop)
Bomb
, Bulletproof (both as town and scum role), Bus Driver, (Sane) Cop, (Insane) Cop,
Cult
, Doctor, Godfather, Jail Keeper,
Jester
, Lyncher, Mason (both town and scum), Miller, Redirector, Roleblocker, Role Cop (mafia only), Serial Killer, Survivor, Tracker, Traitor, Vigilante, Watcher, at maximum one Unique Undeclared Role. Keep in mind that all of these roles can be slightly altered from what you normally expect (while keeping their essential character).
2. It is possible that some roles are combined, where it makes sense (but I'm not trying to create a jack-of-all trades role)
3. Due to the numbers involved, Trackers and Watchers will, if included, operate as normal and not as in Mini-842.
4. Doctors may not self-protect.
5. If included, cops will not be informed of sanity but will be limited to Insane or Sane. A cop's sanity will be determined by a coinflip on random.org.
6. A word about balance: It is impossible to predict the possible outcomes with so many players. Thus, when discussing balance recognize I use the following standard: every player should have a realistic chance of winning if they play well. This does not mean you can expect that I've managed to weight each player/team to have equal win possibilities. Any person who purports to have done so in a 25 player game is lying.
7. In the event there are backups, that backup does not (a) continue the action of the player who died or (b) [in the event of a cop, tracker, watcher, or role cop backup] get the information of the dead player.
8. IF you want a description (note: not the role PM) or have further questions about any of the above roles, you may ask either before the start of the game (i.e. in the confirm stage) in the thread or within the first 5 days of the first game day, the first role claim, or the first day kill -- whichever comes first.

Sample Townie PM. Please don't quoteYou are a vanilla town member. You win when the town wins. The town wins by eliminating all anti-town forces (as example, this includes SKs, Mafia, Cult but does not include Lynchers, Jesters, Survivors). You have no powers except the power to vote, use it wisely. Please note the plurality voting, lynch + 24 hours lynch rules. Also, take note of the 500 word limit.

Last, be aware that you may be a Miller or a backup.

Confirm in thread
Last edited by zoraster on Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:44 am, edited 13 times in total.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:06 am

Post by zoraster »

That night five more bodies were found. This time, however, it wasn’t just Michael Tiveria, the town fool. And it wasn’t just the three idiots who had formed a cult (they named it Dr. Funke’s 100% Natural Good-Time Family Band Solution, but we all knew them as “Those Wackos”). And it certainly wasn’t good old Hurbert Simpkins, who tragically died in his basement trying to perfect a bomb.

In addition to countless townies who had been gunned down in the street at night, half a dozen different mafia had been killed. Not only that, but our overpasses had been blighted with graffiti: “Mafia 1 rulz 2!” and “2>1” are just two of the more eloquent examples.

You see, we had a Mafia infestation. It was bad enough when George Thompkins, God rest his soul, started demanding money from local business to “protect” them from hoodlums. It was bad enough when George recruited more people to his business. When this really started is when Tina Williams, George’s chief Lieutenant, shot George in the head and then ran off to start a new Mafia syndicate. She brought a number of others over, but many stayed in the old organization. Unsurprisingly, this started a bloody war.

But that night that five bodies were found, one was of Tina Williams, one was of an unnamed Goon, and the other three were the Mayor, the Priest, and the beloved golden retriever, Sammy. It was the dog’s death that spurred the town into action. At the town hall, fighting to be heard over the shouts of others, Vincent Grotten took control: “it’s time we take matters into our own hands. It’s time we get rid of the scum of the earth. It is time, my good friends, for a lynching.” The town agreed it was a capital idea, and lynchings would commence at dusk every day until the Mafia was stopped.

If there’s anything Mafia 2 hates worse than Mafia 1, it’s a town that tries to fight back against its ruthless despotic rule. So, finding common cause, Mafia 1 and 2 became one once more… or at least until the town could be dealt with.

So that’s where we stand, town. It’s up to you to deal with this pestulance. Lynch daily, and get it right. We can’t let them get away with their murders. We can’t remain just…
Caught in the Crossfire.
(groan)

Michael Tiveria, the Jester, has been killed Night 0.

Maeby, the Cultist, has been killed Night 0.

Lindsey, the Cultist, has been killed Night 0.

Tobias, the Cult Leader, has been killed Night 0.

George Thompkins, the Mafia 1 Don, has been killed Night 0.

Tina Williams, the Mafia 2 Don, has been killed Night 0.

The Unknown Goon, the Mafia ? Goon, has been killed Night 0.

Fred, the Mayor, has been killed Night 0.

Hurbert Simpkins, the Bomb, has been killed Night 0.

Father Richard, the Priest, has been killed Night 0.

Sammy, the beloved Golden Retriever, has been killed Night 0.
Last edited by zoraster on Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:09 am, edited 4 times in total.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:42 am

Post by zoraster »

The thread is open for confirmations. I did a lot of editing, which hopefully solved for contradictions, but if you see any in the rules or in your role PM or something, let me know ASAP.

Also, take note that I'll answer any questions that I can (or want to) about roles during the confirmation stage. If you want to ask about your own role, feel free to PM me.

Game clarification: The flavor does imply (and I am confirming) in conjunction with the Rules, that roles with strikes through them are not roles I have included in the setup. So there are no Jesters, no Cult, and no Bombs.
Last edited by zoraster on Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:42 am

Post by charter »

/confirm
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:48 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Hello!
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:49 am

Post by Maemuki »

/hi, everyone!
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:56 am

Post by sigma »

Maeby's dead?!? COME ON!
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:58 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I'm more upset about this:
Zoraster wrote:
Sammy, the beloved Golden Retriever, has been killed Night 0
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:01 am

Post by zoraster »

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:21 am

Post by roflcopter »

/confirm
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:22 am

Post by Sotty7 »

/Confirm

Howdy!
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:35 am

Post by imaginality »

/Confirm
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
Pads
Pads
Goon
Pads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:52 am

Post by Pads »

/confirm
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:56 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

/confirm
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:17 am

Post by Juls »

/confirm
-------------------------------------
Juls
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:23 am

Post by popsofctown »

I only recognize the other thread and refuse to confirm in this one, even though i'm playing :P

Juls is that the same Juls from mishmash? I am sorry I was butthead. I usually am not. Please don't knife me.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:40 am

Post by crypto »

/cremate
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:27 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

/confirm
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:41 am

Post by Juls »

popsofctown wrote:I only recognize the other thread and refuse to confirm in this one, even though i'm playing :P

Juls is that the same Juls from mishmash? I am sorry I was butthead. I usually am not. Please don't knife me.
The one and only.
Juls
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:46 am

Post by Juls »

EBWOP: And to be exact...I am the Juls from mafia that sampled in mishmash temporarily (I identify myself more with mafia player than mishmash player).

I knew about you lonnnnggggg before you played my mishmash game. I watched one of your first games you played with my hubby (Moratorium).
Juls
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:59 am

Post by CSL »

/Ready to lynch scum
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:14 am

Post by SpyreX »

/confirming my double-bomb cult jester up ins
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:15 am

Post by CSL »

@ Mod: About Article III Section 3, is it saying we're not allowed to change votes?
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:23 am

Post by zoraster »

good catch, CSL. That was something I was going to try, but I decided it'd probably mostly just be annoying rather than something that adds anything to the game. you can ignore that rule (it has been struck out) . The rule was actually that you can't unvote, not that you can't change votes, but it's irrelevant now.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”