Mini 702--Serum & Steel(The rust has settled/Game Over)

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:56 pm

Post by SpyreX »

/confirm
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #17 (isolation #1) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:57 pm

Post by SpyreX »

The day hath begun.

We stand on the shores of victory.

There WILL be blood, but in the end, triumph.

It all starts with a single vote.

Vote: Iron Man
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #22 (isolation #2) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:33 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I alone count. I am the Alpha. I am the Omega.

THE REST OF YOU PLEBS WILL UNDERSTAND IN TIME
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #24 (isolation #3) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:42 pm

Post by SpyreX »

The obvious way to utilize the Serum is to vote for ones self. This, unfallingly, will lead us to victory because, of course, we can trust ourselves and no others.

YET A CONUNDRUM IS FOUND.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #27 (isolation #4) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:50 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Sticks are an obvious precursor to bows, then to guns. WHO LIKES GUNS?

WHOM PRAYTELL
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #30 (isolation #5) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:08 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Each game has its own flow. Its ebb if you will. It is up to me to interpret these deep meanings and float along with them.

And yes, of course one should find the path to freedom in the eyes of the serum before one hangs a villain.

Who is the villain? Who is the hero that deserves the serum?

It is these answers that will be given to us. ONE SHALL STAND. ONE SHALL FALL.

Is it you?
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #47 (isolation #6) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:51 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Some thoughts: simply voting for oneself for the serum without giving any justification is unlikely to entice others to also vote for you, therefore is not going to result in you getting the serum. The only way one could make it more appealing for others to vote for you and thus have a chance of being nominated for the serum is by either role claiming or at least hinting at one's role and the benefits that you getting the serum will bring to the town. I take it no-one's about to do this, at least at this stage. There is, I believe another way of assigning the serum (a very simple method also) but I don't think it's best I suggest it until the day has progressed and we've had far more discussion.
One finds this statement useful - obvious but useful. One wonders why one would vote for someone else with no reason considering the merits listed above.

One also finds no merit in talking about talking about a plan while waiting for discussion when one knows that the fact such a plan exists will shape said discussion.
Welcome, Timeater.

You are Triskelion, town-aligned metal fleet. You were just flying through the skies one day when you happened upon a gaping hole in the razor fields. You entered. You found a veritable war going on between some fleshies and an army of robots. Being the multi-faced person you are, you have decided to help the fleshies.
Abilities: You are metal. You cannot be killed in any way.
Win Condition: You win when you are the last faction remaining.

Confirm in thread.
One expected this to happen. One did not expect it so early.

However, one also knew that if PM's were available that our Mod would give evil ones claims that were safe.

One is very hesitant in giving a metalloid the serum. One is also even more hesitant that it has been done this early to one that was willing to vote for oneself to gain said serum.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #54 (isolation #7) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:04 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I intended to illustrate that simply voting for oneself without claiming serves no purpose.
The vote IS. It is being. It is one with the Juffo-wup.

The fact that you would see role-claiming as a method to "prove" oneself to the town AS town makes me wonder about you.
That is, admittedly, a possibility.
Unless you think our mod didn't think of
the most basic strategy for winning in a game where one could give their PM's
it is more certain than the sun coming out tomorrow.
I actually did have an alternative in mind. This was that we let a fair portion of the day go past and then simply nominate who we found the least scummy for the whole day. Hopefully we would get a townie and then the mafia would have no idea of their role or possible serum abilities and whether they were worth nightkilling. My reasons were for not stating this plan up-front is that it would have given mafia players a reason to act particularly unscummy were they aware of it up-front.
We find this a better course. We wish it would have been taken. The one taken is not a good one. The fact that this better plan was just kept quiet until unveiling versus what has happened is worth noting.
I really dont see the harm in claiming when I did. Coming from my perspective, I had to claim - the only downside of me claiming is that it gives ammunition and a topic to some possible scummers that haven't posted yet. I cant persuade people to give me the serum on my gaming merits alone; I'm a relative newbie here - the best thing I could do was claim.
You ask for trust when you have done nothing to warrant it. In fact, you have thrown it all out on the table and simply said "this is me" and now can shift the focus to just that.
Like I said, if you dont like how I'm playing, or believe I am not to be trusted, you can always toss me in the Mycosynth pit a few days from now.
"After wasting the valuable serum day 1 and, in fact, not being able to kill me directly the next day you can after I've done massive amounts of damage if I am scum (and you have no reason to think I am town) kill me - ps I have also claimed a role that will by nature force kills onto someone else and give me a perfect reason why, if I am lying, I in fact will never be NK'd"
If someone else claims metal today, I'm guessing they are scum. I know thats a huge case of WIFOM, but eh. If you are a fellow townie metal player, hold off as long as possible. We dont need egos clashing d1 to grab the first serum power, and we dont need the scum knowing who you are to make a mycosynth case on you.
Words float away from us in sadness at seeing those words. We find..sorrow.

The palest of winds blows into town. We find ourselves backed against the tower.

We must fire.

Unvote
Mycosynth: Timeeater
Vote: Ortolan

Until the eyes are proven to be town, why should we, or any, trust?

For shame upon you.

Preview Edit:
You could both give me the serum AND vote for me. I like that idea.
Waste the Serum AND potentially waste the lynch?
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #57 (isolation #8) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:27 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Ok, wacky silly time is over. ;)

I'm sick and tired. So I'm a little over-zealous and my ravings are probably a lot more funny to me than anyone else.

So, serious business time.

We've had, in essence, two major developments. Neither of which I like.

1.) Talking about a plan in the future isn't a good idea. The plan you setout isn't good for a few obvious reasons.
a.) Considering how important the Myco is, we have to assume that Metal status is independent of alignment.
b.) Considering our mod is going to let us give our PMs, we have to assume that scum have safeclaims or we could just win right now.
--- thus, this plan was a bad one.

Now, to time.

You've give no reason, absolutely none at this point to warrant the serum.
You've given no reason for me to assume you are telling the truth.
You asked, in the scenario where you are telling to truth, to waste a lynch on you.
IF you are lying, we are 1.) giving a PR to the scum. 2.) not giving a PR to the town AND 3.) giving a PR to a scum that we can not remove in a day.

The potential of you being scum outweighs any chance of me being pro giving it to you today.

Metals are a damn nice benefit to the town but they are such a detriment in scums hands that yes, I will vote to Myco ANY metal that comes out that is not confirmed.

Instead, we should have done what is obvious - play it out like a normal game and, before lynch, decide who to give the serum to based on their play.
90% of all d1 lynches hit townies. I'm sorry, how is that a waste? Pontificate more plz.
I'm not sure what you're aiming for with this. Of course more than an average number hit town because there are more town then scum. Would you suggest no lynching in its place?

Further, even if that PROVES you are metal it does NOTHING to prove your alignment - and thats the part I care about.

Giving the serum to a metal is a bonus. Not a right.

And it's a bit more like lynching a claimed BP in a game where you know BP's will exist on both sides of the spectrum. Not quite the same thing.
In my role PM I have an indication that the serum will grant me powers. I see no such indication in Timeater's PM. For that reason alone, I will not vote to serum Timeater.
Concerning the Blinkmoth Serum: The Blinkmoth Serum is a substance that activates the inate abilities of a person. All players at the start of the game are vanilla. To gain abilities, they must be imbued with the Blinkmoth Serum. You may only vote for one person to get Serum, though. See Concerning Voting for how to vote for a player to be imbibed with serum.
Again, we must assume that ALL of us would get SOMETHING from the serum. That is not a reason to give or deny it.

Don't play for the serum, play to lynch scum. :P Then you'll get the serum.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #86 (isolation #9) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:47 am

Post by SpyreX »

So, play mafia. Gotcha. Where's that rolling eyes emote?
Considering this whole claim business - I had to make this statement that made me roll MY eyes when I said it. So, yea.
I dont disagree with point 1, but you're shooting down ideas before they even have a chance to come to fruition. I dont like this. You're not giving Ort (or myself) a chance to even talk about things without casting us in a negative light. I'm a firm believer in bonding until those bonds are broken or the "best buds" philosophy as I call it Razz Anyone can be the cold analytical sniperkid, not granting any case of WIFOM in any situation, only relying on hard lynch evidence, never trusting anything anyone says no matter the situation. Thats simply not my style and not the way I wish to go about playing most games. Especially this one.
I dont have any buds. I'm not claiming to. Now, as the game naturally progresses I will probably GET buds.
Can you, in your own words, define what a safeclaim is, and how it would apply to this game?
In my own words? Can I?

If you are Shuggoulth, the Destroyer of Worlds - chances are that you are given a different PM that says you are Captain Happy Bear, Bringer of Sunshine complete with the correct win condition and matching flavor. The mod doesn't want the game won by flavor - and letting us show our PM's just reinforces that.
Do you really think I'd be so bold to claim as early as I did if I was scum? If not me, then who? Everyone else is vanilla. Its a bad idea for more metalliods (if they exist) to step forward in hopes of getting the serum. I dont understand your confusion.
If you are telling the truth about being Metal - sure, why not? Its a gamble, but we cant even touch you until you go in the pit. If I was a scum metal in that position I sure would have.
With that logic, a Metalloid will never get the serum because you will have Myco'd them to confirm them. That makes ZERO sense.
Or, we give it to players that appear town AND if they are a metal it is a nice benefit. Maybe that.
We can get a better scumhunting process going in the Serum/Myco stage before the lynch stage. Thats what should obvious.
How? I'm voting for the ONE person I know the Myco will work on and most people have voted for themselves for the serum. The lynch is still what is important.
I would suggest voting for me in hopes that an alignment reveal would be possible through the process.
If lynching you and you telling the truth reveals your alignment AND you're alive - I'd eat my hat. Its not happening.
I am really starting to take your hostility towards the idea of a town-aligned metalloid getting a power as just pure fear. Extreme, un-adulterated scummy fear. Your first response to my claim was to myco vote me. What does that say about you? Rationalize it however you want, I think that was a big error on your part. I'm watching you.
If you are scum metal and get ANY kind of useful power it is a massive detriment to my winning. So, yea, watch me all you want.
Gremwell wrote:claiming as a metal town this early in a frantic attempt to gain the BM serum is a profoundly poor move, if you are in fact a town metal, depending on how many town metals there are, you have already lessened the chance for a no kill tonight via scum picking you for a NK, also later on if a scum does somehow get the serum and gain the power to un metal someone they already have a target.

That said I do think TE is town

and if anyone has a better idea on how to distribute the serum, we could really use it
See, this post I like.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #98 (isolation #10) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:00 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I didn't even catch that. Its a good one to know.

Of course, it isn't applicable to THIS particular scenario but.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #103 (isolation #11) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:50 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Election dance is over. Stupid state.

Back to business at hand.
- Why? There simply is no better candidate at the moment. The facts presented at the game's outset are that a metalloid cannot be killed in anyway; the problem with giving someone else the serum is that they will be killed night 1. It is simply illogical for a scummer to try to get the serum today because later tonight they will need to make a nightkill. There would be no way they could save themselves from a lynch the next day when they turn up alive (because the scum would logically kill the person with the power, the biggest threat, nothing can stop them). It just makes no sense for a scummer to go after the serum at this point in the game. They would have too much explaining without alot of excuses tomorrow (everyone except the metalloids are vanilla!).
1.) What makes you a good candidate? Just the fact you are metal?
2.) The assumption that the player will die is one only based on PR's and assuming that the scum aren't smart enough to dash in enough WIFOM to make it worth it.
3.) Wouldn't a metal scum want the serum more than any other player?
4.) What is the natural progression of this thought process? Killing who we give the serum to the next day if they, in fact, aren't killed?

I've made one decision so far that I am 100% sticking to now. I will not give you the serum today. I'm pretty confident you're getting the synth.

The vote, the important bit, I'm still not sold on but as things sit I am very happy where it is sitting.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #107 (isolation #12) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:08 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I say we give no one the Serum, ever. Problem solved.
I approve this message. In fact, I approve it enough to KILL PORKENS FOR IT MUHAHAHA

Serum: Porkens

1. I'm a good player, I'm metal + I get all the ladies. Very Happy
2. I didnt want to say this, but if the scum did get the serum and did not die during the night, all they will have to do is claim they are metal.
3. Yes. Thats why I'm going for it. I cannot let that happen.
4. If they do not claim metal they have no reason to be alive. Sure scum know this, but do you think they would rather play a little game of what-if n1 or kill a cop?
2.) Why wouldn't you want to say it? Again, this is obvious.
3.) On some level you amaze me. Yes, it can not happen. Half of your claim (the being metal) is enough to warrant not giving it to you for just that risk.
4.) We'll just have to see how it plays out.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #109 (isolation #13) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:30 pm

Post by SpyreX »

You're making the mistake of thinking that the scum are apparently functionally retarded. Of COURSE someone is going to go "OMG WE SERUMED WHI NO DEAD KKEKEKE" and the only reply in this game is "Metal, biznitches."

Its no super secret. In fact, when its that easy to figure out it is BETTER to bring it to discussion in case someone missed it.

As for Porkens? The serum is like politics: I'll trust the people who don't want anything to do with it a lot more than ones that salivate over the chance of power.

The fact that, due to the fear thought process, if he wins I sign his death warrant isn't going to be due to my machinations.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #133 (isolation #14) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:08 am

Post by SpyreX »

Suspicious that Porkens said that to get the serum. I've got a list of players with the word Serum Candidates written above it. So far five players have been crossed off it.
Normally I would too, however - the timing really made me think its genuine. The response as well. I could be wrong, but hey.

As for the Plans laid out.

For today, and possibly tomorrow, I would be in favor of plan 3. However, not for the whole game - there should come a point when we can shift it to a information-based meritocracy (depending on how the PR's granted play out).

So, yes, I'm fine with 3 for nowish - I'll say right now if that random comes up Time he's not getting it.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #136 (isolation #15) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:29 am

Post by SpyreX »

Well, lets have the others weigh in and then we can get to the important bits - lynching scum.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #152 (isolation #16) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:33 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Sure I'll bite. Whats the command to roll?
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #154 (isolation #17) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:44 pm

Post by SpyreX »

d12 = 1788166091
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #159 (isolation #18) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:00 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Ok, so someone else roll a d3 and we call it good!
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #161 (isolation #19) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:01 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Its:
Illuminata
Tuberculous
TonyMontana

Unless I'm readin it wrong.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #165 (isolation #20) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:53 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Well, I said I would, so hey

Serum: Tuberkulos
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #186 (isolation #21) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:54 am

Post by SpyreX »

We're going to play a little game called "Since this day 1 is covered in serum's and synths, lets lynch a luker!"

So stats as of post 184 of people the game:

Wall-E:

40 Posts! Last Post: Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:18 pm
Verdict: Definitely Not a Lurker!

Iron Man: BOO

Illumina:

2 Posts :( Last Post: Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:17 pm
Time between posts: 4 days.
Other posts on the site: 0
Verdict: Lurking, but buying the claim.

Ortolan:

21 Posts! Last Post: Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:20 am
Verdict: Not a Lurker.

Gremwell:

4 Posts. :( Last Post: Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:46 pm
Verdict: Lurker. Constant with activity in other games. Still dont like.

Tuberkulos:

2 Posts :( Last Post: Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:31 am
Verdict: Lurker.

SpyreX:

21 Posts Last Post: Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:53 am
Verdict: Not a Lurker. Awesome.

Porkens:

10 Posts Last Post: Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:04 am
Verdict: Skating the line. Post more.

Geraintm

5 posts :( Last Post: Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:19 am
Other Posts on the site since last post: 1
Posts between posts here: 2
Verdict: Lurker with some activity in other games.

TonyMontana

12 Posts Last Post: Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:06 am
Posts between posts: 2
Verdict: Skating the line. Post more.

Seraphim

2 Posts Last Post: Posted: Tue Nov
, 2008 8:11 pm
Posts between posts: 6
Verdict: Lurking. Lurking more in this game than others.

Timeeater

52 Posts! Last Post: Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:46 am
Verdict: Not a Lurker. Probably Scum Metal, but not a lurker. :P

FOR REFERENCE:
Our mod at this point had 12 posts.
That means that:
Illumina
Gremwell
Tuberkulous
Porkens
Geraintm
Seraphim

All have posted less. TonyMontana is equal.

This is sad. We've went through half of day 1 already and this is what we've got.

Unvote
Vote: Seraphim
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #188 (isolation #22) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:14 am

Post by SpyreX »

Sorry, let me clarify:

Lurking in this game more than others (in this game).

Just based off the simple fact that she's posted in other games between this one.

I'm mostly sad at the fact we've got.. 7, not counting the replacement, at or below mod-line.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #189 (isolation #23) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:15 am

Post by SpyreX »

To be even more clear: No, normally I'm not gonna smash lurker head day 1. In a game with the shortened day one I think that this level of lurkosity isn't just anti-town, its scummy. Especially with us giving out the serum randomly - they have a chance to get it without opening themselves up for lynch.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #192 (isolation #24) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:42 am

Post by SpyreX »

I just dont think he can
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #195 (isolation #25) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:10 am

Post by SpyreX »

Its more of - of all the terrible lurkers this game, Seraphim has actually BEEN posting in other places.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #203 (isolation #26) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:47 am

Post by SpyreX »

You know I'm not heavily perusing that case.

Of those not posting here, Sera posted the most somewhere else. I called him out on it is all, really. :P

And of course Timeaters case is well thought out and no OMGUS at all. :roll:
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #206 (isolation #27) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:10 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Ooou, a PbPA on me? I've never had one.

Does it hurt?

Does it tingle?
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #228 (isolation #28) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:22 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Woo stuff happened!

Alright. Finished reading. Time to get to scumhunting! 8D
First of all: I think Timeater's claim may be correct. Seeing as he can't be killed by anything, I say we lynch him today to confirm if he's metal or not. If he lied to stay alive, well, he's probably scum then. Therefore, he dies. Even if the claim that he is metal is correct, however, there's still a problem that he may be metal scum.

Nextly, I feel as if the random serum-giving...well, it doesn't feel right to me. Sure, it's unbiased, but...meh. I don't like the idea of town wasting such a lethal power on a potential scum/lurker. So...

I think that if anyone gets the Serum, he/she should post the following morning with whatever role they recieved and what they did with it that night.

Does anyone disagree with this?
I think I don't like anything about this post.

1.) It happens not long at all after being called out as a lurker.
2.) As was talked about before, lynching a claimed metal is about the worst thing we can do. Give him the 'synth and later we can hang him. :twisted:
3.) Weighing in against Random is fine - giving no alternative isn't.
4.) Why in the name of everything should the person automatically post with what they did? There are a myriad of reasons to not do just this - some information is better left to stew until the minute it can be sprung properly.

On the flipside, I think I may like everything CF Riot says. You are forced now to post more. <3. I can see a meritocracy (like I've said I would prefer for said serum) - what would you suggest on day 1?

Although I am very for Mycosynthing the actual metal we have claimed versus a shot in the dark at this point. :P
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #243 (isolation #29) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:27 am

Post by SpyreX »

Porkens for betting on Timeater's night demise. Seems almost Nostradamusian in his predictions.
Unless we mycosynth him (which I still call as the correct move for the 'sythn) - I'd bet dollars to donuts he survives for multiple reasons (minus the fact I think he'd survive because I still personally feel he's scum).

Regardless of alignment, he wont be killed tonight. THATS RIGHT I MADE A 100% statement ohhh noes.

I am glad that the lurkers decided to lurk a bit less.

P.S. 4 days left. Lets, maybe, use them to lynch someone k thx.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #246 (isolation #30) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:42 am

Post by SpyreX »

Ok. What in the name of blue blazes.
Porkens wrote:Timeeater's posts have not impressed me so far this game, but I'm not convinced he is scum at this point, either. Since there is suspicion on him from multiple sides; I bet he's not going to be nightkilled anyway, so I...
This got not one, but TWO votes? That quick.

One with "Four days left" and the other "Some kinda maybe WIFOM"

I'd vote for one of the two of you (probably the latter) but... wait for it... I already am.

Just wow.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #251 (isolation #31) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:10 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Urm...I find the post scummy, don't like the predicting quality to it, and am against his anti-serum sentiment?
While I can't say your 'let's-not-serum-anyone' policy is exactly scummy, your prediction seems to bother me somewhat. It almost seems to be WIFOM; the scum obviously won't kill him at night, even if we de-metal him? I don't like this prediction at all.
You yourself say that you dont find the lets not serum scummy, so you are voting for it because you dont agree to it?

His prediction is duh, again, how is that scummy?
Also, do you really think that me 'lurking' for four days because of real life is any sort of case for a lynch?
Does it play a role? Of course. That's damn near half the first day we're given. However, is that all of it? No sirree:
1.) It happens not long at all after being called out as a lurker.
2.) As was talked about before, lynching a claimed metal is about the worst thing we can do. Give him the 'synth and later we can hang him. Twisted Evil
3.) Weighing in against Random is fine - giving no alternative isn't.
4.) Why in the name of everything should the person automatically post with what they did? There are a myriad of reasons to not do just this - some information is better left to stew until the minute it can be sprung properly.
That was in response to the first post after the lurker fest - the one where you started out with "Time go get scumhunting" and, well, didn't do anything that even resembled that.

But, you did decide to do some of that later. Lets take a look! Wait... that was above. You went "The no serum isn't exactly scummy. Saying that the obvious target to not get NK'd for multiple reasons is some kinda WIFOM and that makes you scum?"

Thats the hunting. Thats what you've done.

My vote is deliciously happy where it is. It's kinda lonely though - it needs friends and lots of them.
Spyrex just had a rather strong reaction to two votes on Porkens.
Because we ARE getting close to the deadline and nothing's really happened. I've got nothing but good feelins about Porkens at this point and the reasons for both those votes are bad.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #260 (isolation #32) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:13 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I dont know about the "we" but for now I'm more than content with my srs business vote on Sera.

I'm very much in favor of not waisting the synth - so, for today, I'm happy using it on a metal. In general I'd agree though.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #263 (isolation #33) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:16 pm

Post by SpyreX »

If he meant we can either myco or lynch, he's wrong. However:
Concerning Metal and Mycosynth: Some players are metal in this game. A metal player is inable to killed in any way, including lynching. However, each day, the town may vote for a player to be thrown into the mycosynth pit. This will remove any metal from their body, making them able to be killed. You may not throw a player into the mycosynth and lynch them in the same day. See Concerning Voting for how to vote for a player to be thrown into the Mycosynth Pit.
We can not myco and lynch the SAME person.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #273 (isolation #34) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:21 am

Post by SpyreX »

I'd still like to understand why Wall-E for the 'synth.

He's claimed flesh - if you think he's scum he should be the lynch. If you think he's town, he should be free. Now, the claimed metal that I dont believe, that seems like the correct call for the synth.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #284 (isolation #35) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:22 pm

Post by SpyreX »

At Spyre: It's a stretch from the actual situation at hand, but don't you think if we just decided not to synth anyone that claimed flesh it would defeat the purpose of synthing anyone? I'm unsure of Wall-E's alignment and I have a better lynch candidate, so what's wrong with synthing him? In this particular scenario, I can see why you think TE is a better target, but I personally bet he's town. I'd rather not synth him and waste a good town role.
Honestly, I'm more worried about the lynch. The synth seems to be put to use on claimed metals. If someone, not at lylo, claims flesh and gets lynched and doesn't die - well, we've got us a liar and they can be dealt with.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #287 (isolation #36) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:34 pm

Post by SpyreX »

That was a start, but its the fact that everything he's said leads to not pro-town results that makes me keep my vote.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #290 (isolation #37) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:05 pm

Post by SpyreX »

...what?

I was talking about Sera, whom I am voting for?
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #292 (isolation #38) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:15 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Yea, you do. :P Definitely don't let the game get to you. This is still cordial, no one has dropped down to saying "YOU ARE IDIOTS" yet.

Emphasis on the yet.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #321 (isolation #39) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:18 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Its going to be really hard to get me to not myco the metal who I have serious questions about their alignment.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #346 (isolation #40) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:29 am

Post by SpyreX »

See, by the nature of the rules, I have to believe we're looking at 1 scum metal. More than that (BP/LP scum) and we're going to be boned really, REALLY quick.

So, I'm going to be that guy. Unless you've got me believing your townosity about 95% and claim metal I want your metal gone.

See timeeater.

All in all I just want us to move forward. We've been focused so much on the serum and the myco the actual part of this that matters - the lynch - seems to be lowest priority.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #349 (isolation #41) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:34 am

Post by SpyreX »

I'm really thinking that the synth means jack-all until we try to lynch.

I do NOT think its going to give us any information in and of itself.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #363 (isolation #42) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:05 pm

Post by SpyreX »

That is a good question.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #369 (isolation #43) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:56 pm

Post by SpyreX »

CFR, why me?
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #374 (isolation #44) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:14 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Ahh, CFR - I like the way you think. Such buddies we are.

Unserum, Serum: SpyreX
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #378 (isolation #45) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:22 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Coming from a scum in that game. :P

And, yes, all us scum would be outing ourselves for this. Really?

I still, again, think Time needs the synth (hint: its so you can be lynched tomorrow)
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #382 (isolation #46) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:33 pm

Post by SpyreX »

What about Porkens? We've both had good things to say about him?

I even tried to give him the Serum remember? REMEMBER?

We need to synth time so he can be the lynch tomorrow that he so deserves.

CFR - Town
Porkens - Town
Wall-E - Probably Town

Sera - Most likely scum
Time eater - Scum

Oro - :( (Proabbly town)

Everyone else - not posting enough.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #387 (isolation #47) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:55 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Porkens is irrelevant.

Are you trying to breadcrumb to some "lol random lets give the serum to porkens because he's noble kekeke!"

Seriously? Is that all you got?

Just because you keep saying we should myco and lynch me over and over again isn't going to make it happen. If you want to make a case, make a case and quit dwadling. I have done countless protown things this game and I challenge anyone to say I have not. I also challenge anyone to make a PBPA addressing the scummy things I have done. I will gladly address any concerns about my play. Keep on making blind accusations, it makes you look really good (sarcasm).

I hope more people read SpyreX as steel scum. Notice, he is the ONLY person so far to accuse me of being steel scum. He has been the ONLY person so far to continually suggest my mycosynthing and lynching.
Porkens isn't irrlevant for the flimsy reasons, again, you're trying to say CFR and I are stupid enough to dance in front of the town as scum buddies. Both of us have expressed the same pro-town feel from him.

I agree with CFR about the serum being useless in the hands of someone not playing. Is that scummy?

I'd much rather give the serum to Porkens whom I still think was genuine in his "I'd rather not see it used." versus "I AM SOOO TOWN BECAUSE I CLAIMED METAL WHY /EMO I'LL QUIT YET I DIDNT"

I've said very clearly that I think 1.) metals in general are far more of a fear (being scum) then a help. 2.) that you're I'm metal therefore serum is definitely a move scum would make.

What do you want? I'm not giving you more than that right now. You are a metal. You are the right call for synth.

The last one is a hoot.

"NOTICE, SPYREX IS THE ONLY ONE WHO HAS IT RIGHT, SOMEHOW THAT IN BIZARRO WORLD WHERE SCUM DANCE IN THE OPEN AND CLAIMING METAL MEANS I AM TOWN HOW CAN YOU NOT SEE IT MAKES HIM TOTALLY SCUM"

If people dont move off tuber yes I will give him the serum before letting it not get used. I will never, ever ever give it to you. I'd rather see it in an active players hands. I'd even more rather see it in one of the aforementioned players hands.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #401 (isolation #48) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:12 pm

Post by SpyreX »

It has nothing to do with being stupid. As you once said to me, WIFOM. Can you quit doing it?
Your statement that CFR and I are scum buddies dancing it up in the middle of town isn't a matter of WIFOM. It's retarded. I've mentioned WIFOM one whole time this game, regarding nightkills.
Its extremely hardy to believe that Nat would end night without getting a replacement and letting that replacement do any night action with whatever power the serum might grant. THAT ARGUEMENT IS HORRIBLE AND EVERYONE SHOULD ACKNOWLEDGE HOW HORRIBLE IT IS. CAPS.
My bad in assuming that if the deadline stands that nighttime would, in fact, have to stand. Or, whatever. Honestly, not caring much.

Unserum, Serum: Tuber

Kitty shows his fangs?
If by "fangs" you mean showing how ridiculous you've been this game, sure. I'll continue to.
You are just failing miserably at trying to belittle me. You are so transparent.
I'm making fun of you because the last series of events warrants it.

You have a "smoking gun" and although you do myco me... no vote for CFR? But we're BEST BUDS because we're so obviously scum.

I felt bad, for a bit, when I thought you were going to leave because of pretend effrontery at something that wasn't even directed at you. Instead, after that bout of /emo you've came back like you're mr town again. You're not. I really hope people realize that you need the synth really, really badly and need to get hung even more badly.
The arguement they were pushing was so ludicrous and illogical I dont how they thought anyone could buy it. I honestly think we have our two best candidates for myco and lynch, after all thats been said and done today.
Again, he who apparently knows all avenues of logic and reading of the game, why in heaven was anything we said illogical?

Also, love that still no vote up. Gotta make sure others will bite, right?
CFR wrote:1 the logic was not faulty and 2 WIFOM does not mean that an argument is not valid. I think it's completely logical (though in this instance completely wrong) that a mod would move on with stated deadlines even if it may result in one person not sending in their night action. I also think it sub-par play to allow that to happen if you have the ability to give the action to someone who is active.
WOAH HERE IS ME BEING YOUR BUDDY AGAIN.

QFT. P.S. look at that magical link in my sig (Not CFR, you're cool).
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #403 (isolation #49) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:24 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Yes, I am an all knowing mafia genius.

Thats why I said very clearly how your play could, and would, be a decent gambit by scum. Because it, very easily in this setup, is.

I'm also being so callous and rude to everyone else, right?

Again, if CFR and I are so obviously scum buddies, why not the vote, still?

And what is/was "ridiculous" is assuming that with a deadline set in 2 days and a set non-negotiable 3 day night cycle that giving the serum to a player who is, in fact, not playing would be a negative overall for the town?

How is this a "smoking gun"?

(see, I can play nice)
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #406 (isolation #50) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:54 pm

Post by SpyreX »

1.) I just looked at the last vote count. I totally missed it. My bad 100% :oops:

2.) God you irk me. In the pretend world we live in I assume that the laws that govern it are set. We are told a deadline is the 14th. We are told there is a 72-hr non-negotiable period for night actions. How, praytell, is it ridiculous that I, in fact, believe both of the above? If we, knowing the above, choose to give the serum to a player that is unable to use it it is
our own faults

3.) See above. If you think this is a scum gambit, well, wow. What would the attention on Sera (which I helped put there) and that on Wall-E (which I've made my stance on) have anything to do with this? Last I checked neither of them had anything to do with the serum.

I'm soo paying for it too. See all my paying for it. Do you see it?

Its there, I promise.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #418 (isolation #51) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:01 am

Post by SpyreX »

I really shouldn't have to explain it. Its pretty obvious. The facts are this: We, the town, decided that the best way to handle the serum would be to randomize the process, and anyone trying to tinker with the results after the fact would be considered scum. You and SpyreX made the fatal mistake of doing just that. I dont know exactly what you were thinking, but my best guess is, as I have said, you both thought you could use Tuber-inactive thing to your advantage to get a quick foothold on serum usage, perhaps for a few days (you could easily cook up something to make people keep giving SpyreX the serum). You could porbably also use the serum to confirm each other in fashion. Those few days could make or break the game and the scum would know this. You risked going after the serum at such a late date in hopes pork barreling a new serum majority.
Would you like to show me this mystical we, the town business. Where was a true consensus drawn? I'd really, really like to see it.

I'll raise you one. I am not a metal. I can be hung today. If you're so sure about your "gambit" - hang me and offer yourself up for the lynch. If I'm scum, well, then your awesome abilities nailed two. When I flip town, they can hang you tomorrow and I double win.

So, you that sure of yourself?

CFR has been playing a very pro-town game. The only one who, at this point, I'd think was more town is, in fact, Porkens.

I still have every reason to believe that you are scum metal. every bit of it (this whole "we the town" business, the emo, the coming out, etc) would in fact actually be a good scum maneuver - you've got a lot of upside and even if you're called on it there is no direct link to your partners....versus what you're insinuating we're doing.

So, you're that sure, buck up. You'll be dead tomorrow and thats a win for me.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #420 (isolation #52) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:19 am

Post by SpyreX »

You keep screeching that we are scum. I'm offering myself up for a lynch. Whats so hard about that?
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #424 (isolation #53) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:13 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I made a small mistake in what I said: Lynch me and offer yourself up for the
synth
today.

As for the other bits, since well, its apparently really hard.

I have said: I think you are scum metal. I've said that from the beginning. On top of your gambit (which would benefit the scum greatly if it worked with minimal risk to the team as a whole) your play has been sub-par and had scumtells: the whole "we, the town", the "/emo", etc.

You have said: CFR AND I are scum because we went against the "consensus of the town" (Which I have asked you to show me and you have not). This would be outing two scum on day 1 for minimal gain, but hey, god forbid we letting strategies that win get in the way.

So, I offered you thus. If you are so sure we are scum, why not lynch me? If I turn up town you've got that proof you need to hunt CFR. However, when I turn up town then you should be swung up so fast it makes your head spin.

WITH THAT SAID:
You just aren't making any sense. You seem desperate.
I'm not desperate. Again, this is one of the many things you're doing that makes me think you're scum all the more. I am totally fine for a 1-1 trade considering the fact that I firmly believe you're scum.
You should have known better to try to undermine the randomization process if you were townie. You really should have. You can attack me all you want, thats fine, but know you have no real defense concerning your attempt to undermine the random serum process.
Again, we've covered the reasons why I opted to change it (notice I said if the serum wasn't moved I would put my vote back on Tuber). We've covered why, based on the rules laid out, I chose the approach of the Razor versus praying for Mod fiat.

You, however, have not even shown me (although I agreed to it) this mystical magna carta where it was said that disagreement with this plan = outing yourself as scum. I'd really like to see it.

But, hey, guess what? Ultimately I don't care all that much. I see Wall-E has shifted his vote, Sera will. Thats almost enough to lynch me. Get on it fellas.

I'll give a different post for Wall-E's comments.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #425 (isolation #54) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:21 pm

Post by SpyreX »

1) Assuring the town that you are flesh and therefore deserve the serum is identical to me doing so.

2) The majority of the town assured you AFTER you stated your intent to vote the serum to the most "pro-town" (which, typically, day 1, is easy to scumfake) player that choosing to break the randomized selection plan would be considered a scumtell. The reasons were also stated at that time, but I'll outline them here: Day one is always hard to lynch on. Most times we get a townie. For something as game-influencing as the acquisition of a power we would determine the recipient randomly, to prevent the scum from gaining power night one as much as mathematically possible.

3) You're saying Timeater is too innocent to be town. For scumhunting.

I swear to you, that is what you said there. Read it twice. Also, nobody's insinuating squat. We're flat out saying; "Do not go against the randomness D1."

All that said, I think there is room here for negotiation, but I don't want to hear you call an attack upon you for fighting the random serum unfair or uncalled-for. You made your ultimatum, several others made theirs.
1.) I was assuring the town I was flesh so I could be A LYNCH, not the serum.

2.) See my whole giving it to someone not playing = bad for the town. See my serum now after the mod confirmed what was going on.

3.) What? I'm saying that Time is scum. I've been saying that. I'm saying he attempted to get the serum off the bat with "trust me guys". As for scumhunting - he said that two scum outed themselves early day 1 in such a fashion that the connection will always be there... really? Not to mention the other business.

But hey, whateva works.

Just look back a bit when you get this lynch.

Porkens - Town.
CFR - Town
You - Probably Town.

Time - Scum
Sera - Lurker Scum.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #434 (isolation #55) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:59 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Also do you realize that I have perfectly legitimate reasons for attacking (aka scumhunting) like this? Do you understand my position concerning the serum and how you tried to undermine what we did? How does that make me scummy?
Attacking != scumhunting.

Again, how does assuming that if there was no replacement thus giving said serum to someone who wouldn't use it based on the rules of the game undermining the position?

The scummy bit is the "CFR AND SpyreX are obviously scum together." It doesn't make sense. Yes, if CFR IS actually scum he played me like a fiddle but it ultimately doesn't change the fact you're saying that a large portion, if not all, the scum outed themselves to protect themselves from... well, nothing.
When I say you went against the 'consensus of the town' I mean exactly that. The majority voted for Tuber to recieve the serum based on the random idea that Wall-E came up with and I nurtured to fruition. Seven people voted for him to receive the serum. Dont understand your confusion there.
There is a difference between voting for the random and agreeing that not voting for it is a scumtell.
I am content with my CFR vote. He was the person to initially propose we undermine the randomization process. I think you are steel scum, so what would a lynch on you accomplish? I dont believe in wasting my vote.
Because I said I wasn't in fact steel. So, if you lynch me and I dont die you've caught me in a lie designed for self preservation only and therefore can in fact myco/lynch me and ignore me in the interim - so, testing the validity of my claim would say a lot.

Of course, my thinking you are steel scum again makes you wasting the myco on me make sense - it definitely makes sure it doesn't hit you today afterall.
You have gone through great lengths to show people how smart you are. Do you now expect them to believe you just now had a mental foible concering the cornerstone of d1? The whole IDEA of the random process was that the scum could not interfere at all in the selection process. And here you come, late to the game, trying to interfere. Do you really expect people to believe, that you, a self-proclaimed mafia genius, would not realize how scummy undermining the process would make you look? Its very contradictory.
You say over and over how I'm trying to show how smart I am. What purpose does it serve? I'd like to see where I've actually done this.

However, to the latter. I'm pretty sure that even though I agreed to it today I was very clear I'd rather it be on merit. That aside, I wanted to have it actually be used so, again despite how much you seem to want to ignore it, I wanted it in anyones hands that was actually playing the game.

@Wall-E:

Are you seriously saying "throwing in the towel" is a
scum
maneuver? That's sad news, son.

The fact that, once clarification was given, I shifted my vote back says?

Also, I'm not /emo voting. I wont. However, considering how ridiculous this has came lynching me for information makes sense. Just what do you think is going to happen from that, though.

This one will get pushed through - that easy enough to see. I'm not going to get inflamed and spew over it.

Hopefully it'll get things moving forward so, in fact, I can still win the game. At the very least I'm hoping you pay enough attention to what has went on to infact 1.) Not ever, ever, ever give Time the serum and 2.) Myco him tomorrow like we should be today.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #466 (isolation #56) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:19 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Ok, lets make this 100% clear.

1.) When I flip town DONT FOR A SECOND instantly believe that Porkens and CFR are 100% town. I'm saying that their play definitely suggests to me such a thing.

2.) Oro, whom if I remember correctly was the one who initially did the whole "metal claim, get the serum" (I bring this up for the fallout that will come) has made some bizarre connections.

3.) I will hammer myself. Gladly even. However, this aint happenin' until we have a majority on Time getting the synth.

Please, please tomorrow utilize what has happened today to not go into space zombies. Say what you will, I want to win.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #469 (isolation #57) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:21 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Ohh and after you lynch me, as a huge BTW: Scum are not going to have all of them hold hands and dance. I see the dancing circle according to Oro is all 3 of us.

Could either of them be scum? Sure.

Do I think so? Highly doubt it.

Am I willing to DIE to prove a point about what I'm saying about who I think ARE scum? Yessir.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #472 (isolation #58) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:23 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Well, again, if you -really- think that is whats going to happen, do what it takes to find out. Get the majority on Time eater.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #474 (isolation #59) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:26 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Love the cut of said jib.

There's no roles but vanilla.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #482 (isolation #60) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:41 pm

Post by SpyreX »

^^ This is why we are BFF's this game. I had to buy a new wall from all the imprints in it.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #484 (isolation #61) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:44 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Best Friends Forever. I think from today alone it'd take a cop that was confirmed by a different cop who was, in fact, lauded from the mod as being true foe me to vote for either.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #487 (isolation #62) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:47 pm

Post by SpyreX »

But CFR... We're soooo scummy. Its all WIFOM and OMGUS and KEKEKE.

Dont you get it?
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #489 (isolation #63) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:49 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Quote that. Remember it. Just remember that and every time you start to "Pull a timeeater" just read that quote and see how wrong it was.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #493 (isolation #64) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:52 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Good lord: You are NOT the lynch for today. I'm not gonna back it

As for not questioning them? In the world where everyone starts out as neutral and moves along the scale of fail they decided to consistently move up it.

Those who shall not be named decided that they needed equilibrium and moved down it.

Unless there's two sets of scum: the ones that play like obvious town and the ones that try to play like sneaky scum... I'm not buyin em.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #495 (isolation #65) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:55 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Welcome, SSK.

You are getting the serum.

Please read, after you have clawed your eyes out and bought new ones, please comment.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #496 (isolation #66) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:55 pm

Post by SpyreX »

P.S. 'Synth Time eater.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #513 (isolation #67) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:06 pm

Post by SpyreX »

No scum are silly enough to touch their buddy who is going to explode for this. ;)

Deadline got moved to 11/15, we've got plenty of time to lynch me.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #515 (isolation #68) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:14 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Partially because I am the best information lynch now.

Partially because it is so amazingly stupid the whole "CFR / Porkens / SpyreX scum team jumping out day 1"

Partially because as part of my lynch we synth TE who is my top suspect for scum and when he gets killed I can have justice. 1-1 is fine with me.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #519 (isolation #69) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:19 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Your only reason is my request?

Hey, I'm doing what it takes to get the synth where it goes. Long term, thats gonna be way more important.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #520 (isolation #70) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:20 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Wow, TE. Just wow.

What have I said OVER AND OVER. Get the synth on you and I'll vote myself.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #522 (isolation #71) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:21 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I thought I was scum metal though?
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #525 (isolation #72) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:25 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I want at least one, if not two people tomorrow to really go back and dissect everything thats happened. I want a highlight reel when I am dead and at peace.

Then, of course, I want you to lynch this scumbag.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #526 (isolation #73) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:26 pm

Post by SpyreX »

If I was a metal townie I would be doing about the absolute worst thing I could. That's just insulting.

Much like thinking if I was scum I'd be stupid enough to parade myself out like this. ;)
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #528 (isolation #74) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:32 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Am I -really- that scummy?

I think most of you know that I am going to flip town. However, you also know you HAVE to lynch me.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #532 (isolation #75) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:37 pm

Post by SpyreX »

You are unkillable, thats it.

When I flip town you definitely aren't going to show the best judgment and, honestly, will look scummy.

You have claimed to be the only metal town (an act that, if they had argued) would have just outed more. If it is true, then you have announced, "Hay scum, dont you worry none. Just kill whomever you want, except TE"

I'm more of a threat dead than you've been.

I'm not attacking your character, nor would I ever. I am attacking your play in this game as scum. Nice try though :roll:
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #533 (isolation #76) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:40 pm

Post by SpyreX »

P.S. that is on that chance that I'm wrong. About the same as someone winning the lotto.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #535 (isolation #77) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:44 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I am not CFR, wooo.

I've been persecuting you since you jumped out with that amazing scum move. Each step of the way you've managed to find the scummiest path.

BTW, nice "I'm not sure you're scum now" move to try to look better when I come up town. ;)

You are scum.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #538 (isolation #78) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:53 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Wow, you are not a doctor or cop. Dont pretend you have that level of altering the game. You are lynchproof (which is REAL bad if you are scum) and a claimed BP (which is REAL worthless if you are town)

Keep pedal'in back though. Its pretty awesome.

Ohh and when you quote me and use the word "you", well, ma bad again.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #540 (isolation #79) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:54 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Ohh, and if again the world hates me and you are (bad) town.. just look at my sig.

I feel no remorse.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #543 (isolation #80) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:13 pm

Post by SpyreX »

This game we're just not going to agree. Thats fine. I want to make it clear that in other games I will judge you on the play. It IS NOT personal, no matter how many times you say it is.

I will tell you this: If you ARE town your play has actively hurt the town, from the point you claimed metal with no reason for anyone to believe you as such. I still 100% believe you are scum, however.

So, give your case on why you think I'm scum. All of it, go dig it all up. I'm not going to respond (aside from bald-face lies which I doubt). I just want it in once place.

Tomorrow I'm going to go ahead and give my case on you being scum.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #544 (isolation #81) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:18 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I would like to know as well, what is it that I have been egotistical about? What exactly is it?
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #549 (isolation #82) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:02 am

Post by SpyreX »

So, a trip down memory lane.

Why Time is scum.

Part 1: The Claim.

Post 23 wrote:I onced created a game where the players had to choose a "leader" the first day (the leader had a form of vote immunity, but was not infallible) - the day took 45 pages. Good times. I am curious to see what happens with the serum-assigning process. In the above instance, claiming is what it came down to. (
I'm not suggesting that at all, I'm just saying its what happened in a game with a similar structure.=P
)
Before anything is really said, this seed was planted. Then, we get into Oro's bidness:
37 wrote:Actually I came up with a different idea which people can give their thoughts on. If there's any townie, made of steel, who believes they would benefit the town by getting the serum, then they should claim. The fact they are made of steel may prevent them being nightkilled before they can use their ability or confer their benefits upon the town. It should also be an ability which is able to be verified by the town for what it did the following day, to preclude the possibility of them being scum. If they turn out to be scum lying and something happens other than what they claimed we can throw them in the mycosynth on day 2 and lynch them day 3 (come to think of it this may be argued to be a bad plan as a result). Of course another drawback is that it is more than possible that scum have an ability to remove steel themselves, depending on how many townies are made of steel.
BUT...
38, 3 minutes later wrote:I don't think anyone should claim until the town has discussed which approach is the best.
Now, 6 minutes after that.
The claim wrote:I am Triskelion.

I am a "steel fleet" a town aligned steel being. According to my flavor, I noticed a hole in the razor fields, saw a war waging, and decided to help the fleshies. I win when my faction is the last standing.

If received, I will give full disclosure, and cooperate in any way I can to help verify my claim.
Notice that this happens after it is said clearly not to, with enough time (yes, 6 minutes is enough time to have seen the second post).

As if that's not good enough:
Oh well, it probably would have come down to a claim anyway. Everyone is vanilla so claims dont mean a whole lot. Like I said, later down the line you can throw me in the Mycosynth pit to verify.
"It would come down to a claim." "Claims don't mean much"

I, of course, comment on this:
47 wrote:One is very hesitant in giving a metalloid the serum. One is also even more hesitant that it has been done this early to one that was willing to vote for oneself to gain said serum.
So, we get this:
I really dont see the harm in claiming when I did. Coming from my perspective, I had to claim - the only downside of me claiming is that it gives ammunition and a topic to some possible scummers that haven't posted yet.
I cant persuade people to give me the serum on my gaming merits alone; I'm a relative newbie here - the best thing I could do was claim.

Like I said, if you dont like how I'm playing, or believe I am not to be trusted, you can always toss me in the Mycosynth pit a
few days from now.

As I player, I dont really have any gimmicks are obvious "tells" - I'm just sort of a rough and tumble player who bulldozes through things and comes off strong. When I sniff scum, I can get extremely aggressive to the point of shocking other players. My townie philosophy is one of open books, I will never lie, and if I do, shoot me dead - I'm a stern believe in lynch all liars. I am the best candidate to get a power because I will become immune to the whole night-kill process, leaving better targets for the scum to NK = the vanilla townies who aren't metal. The 'fleshies'.

^ The above was basically a "vote for me" plea. (Speaking of voting, I'm doing it tomorrow for the first time! Obama 08' @_@)

If someone else claims metal today, I'm guessing they are scum. I know thats a huge case of WIFOM, but eh. If you are a fellow townie metal player, hold off as long as possible. We dont need egos clashing d1 to grab the first serum power, and we dont need the scum knowing who you are to make a mycosynth case on you.
This is one of those itchy posts all over.

1.) The "I had to claim" at this juncture is positively an untruth.
2.) The "I can't get the serum based on my play" is not a good sign.
3.) Newb card.
4.) The "synth me down the road a few days" - a few days would, of course, be more than enough to cause damage.
5.) Pre-emptive metal bashing.

We can sure get itchier real quick though:
You know what we could do, if people dont believe my claim - we could elect another person for serum usage and vote for me today (if that would make people comfortable). You will see me survive the day because I cannot be killed, and we can save any innocent townie from being killed. And then you could give me the serum d2. But then there is the issue of serum receiver dying that night...>_<

You could both give me the serum AND vote for me. I like that idea.
Suggesting wasting lynch knowing it only proves metal status is not a good idea.
Asking for the serum and the lynch is not a good idea.

Is that scummy? It denies information AND acts as a shield to keep the other scum from being hit. Yes.

After I comment on this, we get THIS response:
sigh@SpyreX

Such a fool. A fool of a Took. Or scum.

LOOK. ASSUME I AM TELLING THE TRUTH.

CAN YOU AFFORD TO LOSE SUCH A VALUABLE ASSET D1 BY MYCOing ME NOW?

Thats just foolish. Its like lynching a claimed cop or doctor d1.

OMGUS

Mycosynth: SpyreX

SpyreX wrote:
Waste the Serum AND potentially waste the lynch?

90% of all d1 lynches hit townies. I'm sorry, how is that a waste? Pontificate more plz.
1.) The "Valuable Asset" business coupled with a bad similie (it is NOT like a cop or doctor, at all).
2.) A synth vote on me - this comes into play later.
3.) A made up number, which is awesome, to try and justify telling the town to mislynch.

Now, some key nuggets of responses in the next post.
I dont disagree with point 1, but you're shooting down ideas before they even have a chance to come to fruition. I dont like this. You're not giving Ort (or myself) a chance to even talk about things without casting us in a negative light. I'm a firm believer in bonding until those bonds are broken or the "best buds" philosophy as I call it Razz Anyone can be the cold analytical sniperkid, not granting any case of WIFOM in any situation, only relying on hard lynch evidence, never trusting anything anyone says no matter the situation. Thats simply not my style and not the way I wish to go about playing most games. Especially this one.
Do you really think I'd be so bold to claim as early as I did if I was scum? If not me, then who? Everyone else is vanilla. Its a bad idea for more metalliods (if they exist) to step forward in hopes of getting the serum. I dont understand your confusion.
With that logic, a Metalloid will never get the serum because you will have Myco'd them to confirm them. That makes ZERO sense.
We can get a better scumhunting process going in the Serum/Myco stage before the lynch stage. Thats what should obvious.
I am really starting to take your hostility towards the idea of a town-aligned metalloid getting a power as just pure fear. Extreme, un-adulterated scummy fear. Your first response to my claim was to myco vote me. What does that say about you? Rationalize it however you want, I think that was a big error on your part. I'm watching you.
1.) After the "damage" had been done I explained why, very clearly, this course was not a good one.
--- The "best buds" is another transparent "trust me, with no reason"
--- The implication that my not trusting him is "bad" play is, well, just wow.
2.) We've covered this point, but again: Yes, it is obvious that a scum could claim this early with minimum risk to the team winning. (Also WIFOM, but whatever).
3.) Disagreement doesn't change the fact the play makes sense.
4.) In what was defined as a 1-week long day 1, this is clearly saying to not even scumhunt - it is obvious that a consensus will not be reached quickly, so.
5.) Because I see the benefits for scum, especially scum metal, to get the serum day 1 I am scum. This is the true start of the antagonism (this becomes really important to another huge point in this mess).

Part 2: General "Scum" Statements.
I think we should seriously consider not using the serum at all though. And by going "hurfdurf he was noble enough to say we dont need it so he should get it" is just completely ignoring what he was going for. Sure, statistically, we have a higher chance at giving the serum to a townie (even though someone has claimed and gone through great lengths to see that the serum be given to the right person COUGH COUGH) but, stating the obvious here, there is always the chance a scummer could recieve the serum.
And in a game where there is at least one metal scum (maybe?)
and one NK scumside, its too risky to give them more powers. By avoiding the whole serum issue the game basically becomes a basic setup holding a few unkillables with conditions. Another downside to avoiding the serum all together is potentially losing out on scum-sniffing abilities.
This comes not long after it was clear he wasn't getting the serum. Decision: to not give the serum to anyone.

Reasons: It 'might' go to scum.

Other Key Point: The (maybe) in regards to the scum metal. This is one of those classic "I am scum, I know who/what the scum are, yet I better be sure to not
seem
like I know too much about the setup."
I really wish I knew how many metalloids there were in the game. (Not fishing. Really.)
I'm just gonna quote that one.
I really dont like being accused of being metal scum. I know its all WIFOM (AND I'm beating a dead horse) but do you really think I would have gone to the lengths I have d1 to claim metal, in hopes of the serum going to the right person - if I was scum? Would I really take that big of a risk? SpyreX keeps saying over and over again he thinks I'm scum metal, but I'm starting to think he's scum metal. I'm currently the biggest scum threat (I post alot, I cant be killed) so his continual attacks against me make sense for him being scum. Or the scum could just be all lurking. :sadface:
WIFOM / WFIOM / WIFOM / EMO / OMGUS / "The scum are either active or lurking". Seriously.
Well this is pointless because its just the three of us posting and I'm not very confident about either of you. You're pushing me towards a pbpa and I really dont want to do one, because they're just so time consuming and I told myself I'm gonna wait until more people post.

Will the other 9 people please stand up? Mad
Note, I did ask for the PbPA. Never happened. ;)

Lurker callout.
I refuse to accept anyone's assertion that Seraphim is actively lurking this thread based only on his/her site-wide meta. I have said this before, and your assertion to the contrary is noted as a sign you shouldn't be taken too seriously in the future in my book.
That was a start, but its the fact that everything he's said leads to not pro-town results that makes me keep my vote.
Sigh

Ok, mod, I would like to be replaced. I think I am done with mafiascum.net. Have fun everyone!
This one, with how things have went, really, extra bothers me.

We are -obviously- in all ways talking about Sera. TE comes in with this magnificent /emo and then ... better. In retrospect I'm thinking this was a very low-level psychological ploy.
I voted for Seraphim.

Still dont know who to myco...

Myco: Wall-E

Meh.
Well at this point I honestly just want this day to end so we can get an impression of whats going on tomorrow. Things are starting to stagnate. Much has been discussed about whether its worth it or not to myco someone who has claimed flesh or metal, or someone who hasn't. I came to the conclusion that I honestly dont care a whole lot who we myco -today-, I just want to see it done. And considering you have the most myco votes and are for it, there is no harm in giving you my vote. Effecient bandwagoning.

I'd also like to remind people that it is imperative that we reach a myco vote before a lynch vote. We cannot afford to waste it 1 day in the entire game. So if you are going to lynch vote, please make myco your priority and make sure you dont hit majority before the myco has.
The apparent apathy and bandwagon synth vote are both not good. However, this makes me think that Wall-E is NOT metal scum. :P
Porkens is irrelevant.

Are you trying to breadcrumb to some "lol random lets give the serum to porkens because he's noble kekeke!"

Seriously? Is that all you got?

Just because you keep saying we should myco and lynch me over and over again isn't going to make it happen. If you want to make a case, make a case and quit dwadling. I have done countless protown things this game and I challenge anyone to say I have not. I also challenge anyone to make a PBPA addressing the scummy things I have done. I will gladly address any concerns about my play. Keep on making blind accusations, it makes you look really good (sarcasm).

I hope more people read SpyreX as steel scum. Notice, he is the ONLY person so far to accuse me of being steel scum. He has been the ONLY person so far to continually suggest my mycosynthing and lynching.
I am scum because I'm the ONLY one doing something. Yet, CFR and I are scum buddies. Remember that.
Obviously a bad idea? I thought several people agreed together that its obviously a good idea? Are all those people wrong and you right?
An appeal to majority.

Part 3: Antagonism

Now, keep in mind TE has said over and over -I- have been the one that has been antagonistic. This, again, plays a psychological role in how he wants to be viewed.

I'm not going to post all of our exchanges, but go ahead and reread - aside from my solid belief he is metal scum I do NOT become antagonistic unless, of course, he is first. (The second-to-last statement above, is a shining example of that (and the start of the decent).

Part 4: The Smoking Gun

I'm gonna skip to the important part of this.
Mod, 390 wrote:The day will not end without a replacement for Tuberkulos. I have a few prospekts in mind.
Oro, 391 wrote:So basically you have no basis to undermine the random vote based on the inactivity of the recipient. So wait, what was your basis again?
392 wrote: Exactly Ort, thats why I call it a smoking gun.
394 wrote:Now that Nat has posted, they will both retract their statements concerning a new serum beneficiary. But I say the damage is done.

The arguement they were pushing was so ludicrous and illogical I dont how they thought anyone could buy it. I honestly think we have our two best candidates for myco and lynch, after all thats been said and done today
So, after the mod tells us that we ARE waiting for Tuber (this was NOT confirmed until this point) we get quick snipes from oro and TE followed by the "They'll do the logical thing at this point, but they're still scum."

Part 5: "We, the people"
I really shouldn't have to explain it. Its pretty obvious. The facts are this: We,
the town,
decided that the best way to handle the serum would be to randomize the process, and anyone trying to tinker with the results after the fact would be considered scum. You and SpyreX made the fatal mistake of doing just that. I dont know exactly what you were thinking, but my best guess is, as I have said, you both thought you could use Tuber-inactive thing to your advantage to get a quick foothold on serum usage, perhaps for a few days (you could easily cook up something to make people keep giving SpyreX the serum). You could porbably also use the serum to confirm each other in fashion. Those few days could make or break the game and the scum would know this. You risked going after the serum at such a late date in hopes pork barreling a new serum majority.
When I say you went against the 'consensus of the town' I mean exactly that. The majority voted for Tuber to recieve the serum based on the random idea that Wall-E came up with and I nurtured to fruition. Seven people voted for him to receive the serum. Dont understand your confusion there.
Ok, there's the whole "we" factor - again, another low-level psychological ploy (and appeal to the majority).
However, this whole disagreement = scum business. In my reread, three people made mention of it: TE, Wall-E and Porkens. This does not make a consensus. The fact that others voted for the serum does NOT equate directly to thinking this is a scum move.
Even if it did: doing it for the reasons we (CFR and I) did still makes sense barring the Mod holding the sun in the skies (which is what happened).

So, tl;dr:

We've got the gamut of scum bidness up there.
1.) The claim itself in this game is a good scum move.
2.) We've got some great appeals:
--- Emotion
--- Majority
--- Persecution
3.) We've got all the great mafia terms:
--- WIFOM
--- OMGUS
4.) We've got us some "newb" card
--- We also got "I've played this game a lot"
5.) We've got consistently absent logic.
--- Or "predicated" logic in the case of CFR and I.
6.) An absence of scum hunting.
7.) Active antagonism with blame-shifting
--- I AM and WILL be antagonistic with him, yet if you read he did in fact start that chain (see Persecution).

So, yes, I see plenty of reasons to give him the synth. Best part is, even if you dont trust me - you'll be hanging me.

Once I see he's reached majority for synth I will give my overall parting words and then vote for myself. At that point assume I am dead because I sure am not talking anymore.

I am -NOT- replying to TE about any of this. I put it up there so it, simply, was in one spot.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #552 (isolation #83) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:39 pm

Post by SpyreX »

... I'm not going to be able to get the synth, am I?

Blah.

Vote Count please.

P.S. When TE comes up scum, look real hard at the post above.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #556 (isolation #84) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:15 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Considering how this has been going I dont find Porkens out of line at all. As it sits, the synth ISNT going to get used. Thats bad.

And you know deep in your belly I'm coming up town. You also know that there's gonna be no way to push on anyone else. I am the right lynch. I just want the synth before I die.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #558 (isolation #85) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:29 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Good god, I'm trying to convince you that I want TE synthed enough to die for it.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #560 (isolation #86) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:17 pm

Post by SpyreX »

You said no way were are scumbuddies. I'm say, duh, you KNOW I'm town. You know I'm going to turn up town. The reason for it is simple.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #566 (isolation #87) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:04 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Deadline is tomorrow and this is where we are at?
I am switching my myco to Wall-E, in hopes of discouraging people from a bandwagon on me.
Real pro-town motives there.

Look, I want TE synthed.

However, to stop a no-lynch which is where it's screamin towards...

Unvote, Vote: SpyreX

Ohh shi I put my money where my mouth is.

I trust CFR and Pork to do what has to be done before deadline.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #568 (isolation #88) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:57 pm

Post by SpyreX »

And if he is scum like I've had every reason to believe?
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #572 (isolation #89) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:20 pm

Post by SpyreX »

If you are the only metal town, which I'd be surprised at (both the only and the metal), by outing yourself at such a juncture when we've had no reason to trust you makes you nothing short of a liability.

If you really think I'm doing this because you "irk" me, well.

I posted those words for a reason. The flimsy "case" on me about the serum shift will obviously cloud eyes for far too long. I am willing to die for information.

A huge part of that is that you will be synthed.

My PM isn't going to do anything about anything. I am a blacksmith, thats all you get.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #574 (isolation #90) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:33 pm

Post by SpyreX »

That's just not going to cut it, unless they start bagging scum between then and now.

Furthermore, I hope and pray that the town keeps it together and never gives you the serum. Thus you are a known BP - worthless if you are town.

Your "worth" doesn't decrease any by being synthed.

If we had played this like a normal day and you played good and ended up with the serum and lo and behold there was no NK, well, then that is the great use of being metal.

Claiming, expecting us to believe it (especially with all the upside in the universe for scum) and then accusing me of being scum metal because I called you out on it?

Not good play. I think it was a scum move from the getgo. I've been clear on that.

Maybe getting killed with get more people to listen.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #575 (isolation #91) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:41 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I'm out, its bed. I'll post my final thoughts on this mess tomorrow.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #605 (isolation #92) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:56 am

Post by SpyreX »

SpyreX, if you are town, you will want town to win even after you are dead. Why the antagonism towards Timeater? So please have a read of the following. Why are you willing to sacrifice your own life to get rid of him? I personally don't think your argument in post 549 is particularly strong, long, certainly, but it doesn't seem to prove much beyond treading the same points you already have.
Why the antagonism? Well, most of that is in response to his antagonism.

Why do I want him synthed and then lynched? Well, because he's scum. I think I've been pretty clear on that.
Furthermore, seeing as you support lynching yourself, when you flip town, seeing as you've carried on all game as though you support CF Riot and Porkens, why are you so happy to have them vindicated by your lynch? And if you're town and CF Riot is scum, why would he possibly argue to give you the serum? And why were all three of you trying so hard to convince town that you flipping innocent would say nothing about them? My above argument clearly shows your alignment will give us a read on CF Riot.
Does it say -something- about their alignment(s)? Of course. Does it say enough that anyone should just accept them as town based on how this day went? Not in the slightest.
And if you're town and intend to be lynched today you have absolutely, absolutely no reason not to quote your role pm in the thread immediately

I'm proving a point. An issue I brought up far earlier about this. If you honestly think we can quote our PM's exactly and scum are not going to have safeclaim PM's in some fashion I can't help you.

You know I am vanilla.

I have claimed flesh. If I am lying about that I am dead tomorrow.

My role PM will do absolutely nothing to say anything about me one way or another.
His refusal to post his role pm pushes me towards the idea that he's trying to kamikaze himself to killing the only known metal townie.
If you get synthed AND I am scum, do you really think you're going to die any time soon? You're not getting the serum, you're going to be a lynch candidate for every day of this game you are alive.

I have been very clear that metals should be synthed. The scum-upside outweighs the town-upside every time barring an investigation on one BEFORE they claimed.

@CFR:

What is that last synth?
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #606 (isolation #93) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:40 am

Post by SpyreX »

So, the players in a nutshell:

CFR: <3. From the initial real post on I have had solid warm feelings about him. His play has been consistent and, lo and behold, pro-town.
Town
Active

Geraintm: </3. He has been scattered. Honestly, he hasn't contributed much. I find the worry on the one vote he got a mild scum-tell.
Neutral-Scum. Lurker.

Gremwell: Solid. Way, way too lurky for a true read. From what he's said, I get a mild pro-town vibe.
Neutral-Town. Lurker.

Illumina: Despite not really explaining
what
makes me scum after 518, I still do get a very mild town vibe. However, the lurking really hurts that.
Neutral. Lurker.

MafiaSSK / Tuber: Between the two of them they have three posts and have said nothing. This is ridiculous.
Lurker

Ort: If you take away the fact he was the one that went "Hay metal peeps claim" and has firmly wedged himself with TE... he'd still give an independently scummy vibe.
Very Scummy. Active.

Porkens: I still find his play to be consistent. And consistently pro-town at that. He's starting to post more which is good.
Town. Active.

Sera: Even after being called out for lurking, he's still lurking. His statments about Wall-E really confuse me as well.
Scummy. Lurker.

SpyreX: Awesome.
Most Town Ever. Active.

Timeeater: A scum that came out with a very good scum gambit that backfired. Consistently inconsistent. Committed most of the classic scum "appeals". Despite all the words, no real scumhunting.
Scum. Active.

TonyMontana: Even though not the biggest lurker the fact that he's constantly up to date makes me think he is the most active lurker. That aside, in general I get a very mild town-vibe.
Neutral-Town. Lurker.

Wall-E: Ohh, Wall-E. You're the one that I dont have a solid read on. My mental checklist has flipped back and forth from you being scummy or really freaking town a lot. If I was a cop you'd be the one I'd check. ;) Overall, however, I would say I get a town feel.
Mostly-Town. Active.

So, lets break this down a bit.

Active Players:

CFR
SpyreX
TimeEater
Wall-E

Lurkers:

Geraintm
Gremwell
Illumina
MafiaSSk
Seraphim
TonyMontana

Town Vibes:

CFR
Gremwell
Porkens
SpyreX
TonyMontana
Wall-E

Scum Vibes:

Geraintm
TE

Neutral:

Illumina
SSK

Why all the hullaballo?

I think we've got one active scum and one lurking scum for sure. The third is variable. Active = TE. Lurking I really lean towards Sera currently. The third I still think has definite possibility of being Ort.

The only reason I get concerned is that I still have a hard time stomaching two scum (much less THREE HURF) connecting themselves so obviously day 1. However, independently, I still find both TE and Ort's play to be scummy in nature.

I really do not like the fact we're rolling with 50% of the town lurking.

In general, the more I think about it, I would advise against the random serum for a multitude of reasons. Yes, the scum can't actively manipulate it - but they can passively manipulate it by it ending up in the hands of scum without tying themselves to it OR by it ending up in the hands of someone with ohhh... three posts for example.

I think thats about all I've got. Synth TE and kill me then pay attention to this.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #608 (isolation #94) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:19 am

Post by SpyreX »

For tomorrow, yes? I was pretty clear about that all along. Giving my input before I DIE is weird? Doing a 1-1 is weird?
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #611 (isolation #95) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:41 am

Post by SpyreX »

Yes, I am -really- sure that he is scum. Nothing today has persuaded me otherwise in the slightest.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #613 (isolation #96) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:48 am

Post by SpyreX »

Pretty much
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #616 (isolation #97) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:55 am

Post by SpyreX »

I am so glad we're not synthing TE. Seriously
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #625 (isolation #98) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:38 am

Post by SpyreX »

That goes along with my whole "If there are two scum metals we're boned" theory.

If I can change my votes to make sure its used, fine. I dont think I can though.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #628 (isolation #99) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:40 am

Post by SpyreX »

It looks liek we sure can synth TE if we want.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #629 (isolation #100) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:40 am

Post by SpyreX »

P.S. tomorrow dont get locked into the serum debate and look for scum, maybe?
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #631 (isolation #101) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:45 am

Post by SpyreX »

It LOOKS like they can from the last vote count.

Honestly, I'm dead. I can look scummy all I want.

P.S. I'm not sure how that could be scummy considering I want TE synthed ffs.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #636 (isolation #102) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:07 am

Post by SpyreX »

YOU ARE NOT A DOCTOR NOR A COP AND ANY REAL VALUE YOU HAD AS A METAL WAS ELIMINATED WHEN YOU CLAIMED METAL AT SUCH A TIME THE TOWN HAD NO REASON TO BELIEVE YOU

AS HAS BEEN MENTIONED DAY THREE WOULD BE PERFECT AS SCUM BECAUSE THE GAME WOULD BE LOST DAY FOUR.

THE SCUM CAN TOTALLY WIN WITHOUT MYCOING THE METAL TOWNIES AS LONG AS WE MYSLYNCH. YOU YOURSELF SAID THAT YOU THINK YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE. WHY NOW IS THE TUNE CHANGING

CAPS LOCK IS FUN
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #639 (isolation #103) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:49 am

Post by SpyreX »

1.) YOU ARE NOW ON RECORD SAYING THAT A BULLETPROOF / LYNCHPROOF ROLE THAT WE HAVE EVERY REASON TO BELIEVE THERE ARE SCUM COUNTERPARTS HAS NO INHERENT INCREASE IN VALUE IF THE PLAYER IS KNOWN OR AT LEAST TO BE FELT AS TOWN BEFORE THE STATUS OF METAL IS KNOWN.

ALSO CONSIDERING THE PROBABILITY THAT SERUM RECIPIENTS WILL BE ELIMINATED YOUR ATTEMPT AT ASKING FOR A COP IF IT EXISTS IS TRANSPARENT AND EVEN ON THE CHANCE IT HAPPENS AS LONG AS IT IS NOT TONIGHT YOU ARE EXACTLY IN WHAT IS STATED AT POINT TWO THANK YOU FOR PLAYING.

2.) 8 MINUS A LYNCH MINUS A NK IS 6. IF THERE ARE THREE SCUM THEN THE GAME ENDS AT THAT POINT. MATHEMATICS.

3.) IF THERE ARE ONE OR TWO METAL TOWNIES THEN YES IT WOULD BE EASY TO WIN WITHOUT THEM BEING ELIMINATED FOR SCUM. YOU HAVE SAID MORE THAN ONCE IN AN ATTEMPT TO KEEP THE SYNTH OFF YOU THAT YOU ARE THE ONLY TOWN METALLOID SO THIS WHOLE THERE MAY BE MORE IS A CHANGE IN YOUR STANCE.

CAPS LOCK IS STILL FUN
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #641 (isolation #104) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:02 pm

Post by SpyreX »

An interesting question but honestly now is not the time. That conjecture may be a decent start for tomorrow though depending on how tonight goes.

Now that you've proven you are here how about moving that synth over.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #643 (isolation #105) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:06 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Last votecount has you on Wall-E I think.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #645 (isolation #106) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:09 pm

Post by SpyreX »

BTW I dont like how SSK popped in and did nothing on lynch day. :P

One more, then I can rest in peace.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #648 (isolation #107) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:22 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I can be persuaded of things. I talk absolutely fine with everyone else in this game.

I can easily be persuaded by simple number and avenues I haven't thought of. However, nothing in our little discussion even amounts to that.

I dont even think you ever gave why you think I'm scummy. Except that I -am- scum and kamakazeing to get you synthed. Or that I am scum metal because I said that you're scum metal. Or etc. Not definable reasons. Not reasons that actually advance the cause of scum winning.

Or the pbpa, or anything else.

Its Synth-1 on you. You gonna let it go until deadline?
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #651 (isolation #108) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:14 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Sorry sir I'm dead now. ;) Shoulda asked before you hammered.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #814 (isolation #109) » Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:20 pm

Post by SpyreX »

i will if need be
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1230 (isolation #110) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:02 am

Post by SpyreX »

Wow, the things I miss.

Interesting game overall. I was miffed some by the rulechanges as it went on - I understand they had to happen, but it did make me pull my hair out.

Town winning this the way it did will make me laugh for a while.
Show

Proud member of BaM

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”