Mini 702--Serum & Steel(The rust has settled/Game Over)

Illumina
Illumina
Goon
Illumina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:10 pm

Post by Illumina »

Wow, tag failure.

Serum: Tuberkulos

Mycosynth: Wall-E
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:10 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Urm...I find the post scummy, don't like the predicting quality to it, and am against his anti-serum sentiment?
While I can't say your 'let's-not-serum-anyone' policy is exactly scummy, your prediction seems to bother me somewhat. It almost seems to be WIFOM; the scum obviously won't kill him at night, even if we de-metal him? I don't like this prediction at all.
You yourself say that you dont find the lets not serum scummy, so you are voting for it because you dont agree to it?

His prediction is duh, again, how is that scummy?
Also, do you really think that me 'lurking' for four days because of real life is any sort of case for a lynch?
Does it play a role? Of course. That's damn near half the first day we're given. However, is that all of it? No sirree:
1.) It happens not long at all after being called out as a lurker.
2.) As was talked about before, lynching a claimed metal is about the worst thing we can do. Give him the 'synth and later we can hang him. Twisted Evil
3.) Weighing in against Random is fine - giving no alternative isn't.
4.) Why in the name of everything should the person automatically post with what they did? There are a myriad of reasons to not do just this - some information is better left to stew until the minute it can be sprung properly.
That was in response to the first post after the lurker fest - the one where you started out with "Time go get scumhunting" and, well, didn't do anything that even resembled that.

But, you did decide to do some of that later. Lets take a look! Wait... that was above. You went "The no serum isn't exactly scummy. Saying that the obvious target to not get NK'd for multiple reasons is some kinda WIFOM and that makes you scum?"

Thats the hunting. Thats what you've done.

My vote is deliciously happy where it is. It's kinda lonely though - it needs friends and lots of them.
Spyrex just had a rather strong reaction to two votes on Porkens.
Because we ARE getting close to the deadline and nothing's really happened. I've got nothing but good feelins about Porkens at this point and the reasons for both those votes are bad.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:12 pm

Post by Seraphim »

First of all, your color tags didn't work. Second...
Seraphim, if the serum-ee decides when and if to reveal his actions, how can we have a policy of asking?
We'll ask, certainly, but any sort of information that we could glean from that night, IMO, is beneficial to the town. The scum will know exactly who the secret roles will be in this game, so the special roles need to make sure that if, say, they got a guilty result on someone, that the town knows that as soon as possible.
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:17 pm

Post by Wall-E »

Obviously, if we need to know what happened with the serum, we'll pressure the recipient into telling us, and otherwise, we won't! The first word in the first sentence in this post is me calling you, Illumina, clueless, but since I don't think you're actually this clueless, I think you're lurk/fluff posting.

It's helpful of you to fuel our triangle of bandwagons a bit, but all you've done is go along with the majority on the two least important wagons in the game.

Please vote before tomorrow, Illumina.
[url=http://s45creations.wordpress.com]I own a design studio[/url] :)
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:18 pm

Post by Porkens »

Seraphim wrote: While I can't say your 'let's-not-serum-anyone' policy is exactly scummy, your prediction seems to bother me somewhat. It almost seems to be WIFOM; the scum obviously won't kill him at night, even if we de-metal him? I don't like this prediction at all.
My prediction
seems
to bother you
somewhat
? It
almost
seems
to be WIFOM? Could you please qualify this statement a little more? Right now it's comming off rather strong. [/sarcasm]

My point is not WIFOM. It's very simple logic. I'm not afraid of thinking or talking about what the scum might do given a specific circumstance, that's how the town wins football games.

To be clear, if we dump TE in the pit, and he isn't night-killed, that
does not
make him any more or less scummy. If I said that, then you could rightly call it WIFOM. If he is, in fact, town; dumping him in the pit doesnt matter because of the fact that
the scum will not kill him
. Now, if they
do
kill him, I guess the stink would be on me, but I'm willing to accept that.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:12 pm

Post by ortolan »

Thoughts on the mycosynth: Timeater has claimed metal and Wall-E has claimed flesh.

Thus I want to nominate someone other than those two for the mycosynth. I still think there's a very good chance most townies are fleshie. Thus if we end up mycosynthing a fleshie townie then we're fine, and if we mycosynth a steel scum then we're even better.

I think it's _really_ stupid to try to remove Timeater's metal pretty much for the sole reason that he early claimed. And I actually don't think we should myco Wall-E either. He's claimed to be town, and fleshie, why would he claim town fleshie rather than town steel if he was in fact mafia steel? Sure there are some possible reasons to, but none of them seem really worth the risk. I propose we use the mycosynth on someone who it will neither be wasted on or possibly entail disadvantage to the town.

So I'm going to
Mycosynth: Porkens

I'm keeping my vote on Seraphim, because I haven't seen anyone else play sufficiently suspiciously to vote for them.

I think Tuberkulos has a majority for the serum now, I think he has 7-8 votes depending on whether Wall-E has previously voted for him.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:49 pm

Post by Porkens »

ortolan wrote:He's claimed to be town, and fleshie, why would he claim town fleshie rather than town steel if he was in fact mafia steel?
...so we wouldn't throw him in the pit?

(p.s. Now this, this is WIFOM.)
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:25 pm

Post by ortolan »

Yer, as I said, that's a possibility, but I personally don't think the risk of making that claim then having it proved false (i.e. wtf...you told us you were fleshie already, why did you lie?) would be worth the alternative of simply claiming to be a metal townie.
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:25 pm

Post by ortolan »

worth the alternative = better than the alternative (EBWOP)
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:07 pm

Post by Wall-E »

I just had the thought that we should be using the mycosynth and lynch together when we don't have a reason not to.

Do we have a D1 lynch target yet? I don't think anyone's even built a case yet. I don't really want to lynch Porkens for the weak shit I voted him for.

Does ANYONE have ANYTHING to go on that I can get behind?
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:13 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I dont know about the "we" but for now I'm more than content with my srs business vote on Sera.

I'm very much in favor of not waisting the synth - so, for today, I'm happy using it on a metal. In general I'd agree though.
Show

Proud member of BaM
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:34 pm

Post by ortolan »

Wall-E wrote:I just had the thought that we should be using the mycosynth and lynch together when we don't have a reason not to.
Pretty sure the mod said we can't myco/lynch someone in the same day.
Do we have a D1 lynch target yet? I don't think anyone's even built a case yet. I don't really want to lynch Porkens for the weak shit I voted him for.

Does ANYONE have ANYTHING to go on that I can get behind?
I have the same problem, no-one's really been scummy enough yet.
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:12 pm

Post by Wall-E »

Pretty sure the mod said we can't myco/lynch someone in the same day.
I wasn't able to find any such indication.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:16 pm

Post by SpyreX »

If he meant we can either myco or lynch, he's wrong. However:
Concerning Metal and Mycosynth: Some players are metal in this game. A metal player is inable to killed in any way, including lynching. However, each day, the town may vote for a player to be thrown into the mycosynth pit. This will remove any metal from their body, making them able to be killed. You may not throw a player into the mycosynth and lynch them in the same day. See Concerning Voting for how to vote for a player to be thrown into the Mycosynth Pit.
We can not myco and lynch the SAME person.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:39 pm

Post by Natirasha »

Your mod is in Deep shit right now and is on V/LA. SSorry for the inconvieniance.
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:44 pm

Post by Wall-E »

I stand corrected. No idea how I read that paragraph twice and didn't process that information.

Nat: You need someone to break a kneecap? On the other shoe, I'm sure you could get someone on the site to smuggle you out of the country.
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:12 pm

Post by CF Riot »

SpyreX wrote:I can see a meritocracy (like I've said I would prefer for said serum) - what would you suggest on day 1?
Are you asking me who I think should get serum'd? I do have some weak opinion, but if the majority is sticking to the "D1 random, D2 elect" idea, then I'll just sit on it until more comes up.
----
Wall-E wrote:Scum is an arguably more exciting role than vanilla townie. I think vanilla townies are more likely to lurk than scum for this reason.
I've heard this argument elsewhere before and I must say from experience that it doesn't hold. I've seen cops asked to be replaced and scum suddenly stop posting halfway into a game. I think whether or not a person is committed to a game of mafia depends solely on the type of person they are, not what role they got.

That aside, I can see the appeal of random on D1 then moving to selection D2 after we've established some grounds to work from.
----
ortolan wrote:Also I have to say something: if Tuberkulos hasn't even posted in 3 days why should we'd be sure he'll even be around to put in a night choice (assuming he can't also use his power the next day)? I am again, not particularly trying to overturn the serum decision but it is a small concern.
That's what Riot said.
----
geraintm wrote:not quiet no-lynch, you do get the info on his metalicness.
Yes, but coming from the idea that you
believe
that they are metal, there's no point in confirming that they are, especially by wasting a lynch.
----
Gremwell wrote:I say it is either 100% random or merit vote, trying to combine the two is just an attempt to manipulate the process while leaving minimal evidence, and very scummy.
That's what Riot said.
----
Porkens wrote:I say that for today, at least, those of you who want to give the Serum to someone, you
must
abide by the random selection. Any argument against this is a scumtell.
Disagree.
Porkens wrote:Since there is suspicion on him from multiple sides; I bet he's not going to be nightkilled anyway, so I Mycosynth: Timeater.
This is the most logical reason I've seen for Mycoing so far, especially since I was formerly of the opinion that I didn't want to Myco TE.
----
Seraphim wrote:Unless the player feels that circumstances dictate otherwise, I think that anyone we give the Serum to should tell us what exactly he did with the serum.
This is the complete opposite of correct.

Also, (and this has already been addressed) the
only
thing that would make scum want to kill TE is the fact that he's metal. If we Myco him, they have no motive to kill him. More than a few townies suspect him. It's absolutely obvious that his chances of living through the night are 80+%.
----
ortolan wrote:why would [Wall-E] claim town fleshie rather than town steel if he was in fact mafia steel? Sure there are some possible reasons to, but none of them seem really
worth the risk
What risk? Where is everyone getting the idea that if we throw a flesh into the synth it will say, "Ah, this person was flesh to begin with!"? I'm assuming anyone going into the synth will receive the same (if any) flavor as anyone else.
----
Wall-E wrote:I just had the thought that we should be using the mycosynth and lynch together when we don't have a reason not to.
The reason not to is if the person does get lynched, then your synth vote was basically useless. Synth doesn't resolve before lynch. What's the point of throwing a dead body into a pit? (Besides religious reasons.)

I like my Seraphim vote. If you're all going to serum randomly, you don't need me to vote for it with you. I think giving useful powers to a useless (so far) player is a bad idea, myself. Let's all get those synth votes on Wall-E, who's quoted post up there is obviously trying to throw someone into the synth in his place. I apologize for hugeness. There was a lot to comment on.
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:30 am

Post by TonyMontana »

Isn't mycosynthing someone, basically giving the scum an easy target?
Upcoming
Mini
Theme: Rainbow Six|Siege Mafia
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:48 am

Post by ortolan »

Seeing as even the mod's away can we have an extension? I'm busy for the next ~44 hours :P

TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:58 am

Post by TonyMontana »

^Must agree.

The whole voting system is giving me headaches, I need a vote count.
Upcoming
Mini
Theme: Rainbow Six|Siege Mafia
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:56 am

Post by Wall-E »

The reason not to is if the person does get lynched, then your synth vote was basically useless. Synth doesn't resolve before lynch. What's the point of throwing a dead body into a pit? (Besides religious reasons.)

We've already resolved this issue.
I like my Seraphim vote. If you're all going to serum randomly, you don't need me to vote for it with you. I think giving useful powers to a useless (so far) player is a bad idea, myself. Let's all get those synth votes on Wall-E, who's quoted post up there is obviously trying to throw someone into the synth in his place. I apologize for hugeness. There was a lot to comment on.

This is complete bull. In the past, I've heard people tell a townie they should self-hammer if they are truly town to help the town gain information. Same deal applies here. You're advocating synthing me because I
don't
want to die.

FoS: CF Riot
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:05 am

Post by Natirasha »

Deadline extended until I get my computer back, grades come up, and I get a schedule change out of varsity swimming.

Vote count forthcomming.
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:13 am

Post by Natirasha »

unvote/unserum\/unmycosynths are required, yo. (I am looking at you Ortolon).
Vote Count 1.5 wrote:Vote Count
Seraphim(2): SpyreX, CF_Riot
Illumina(1): ortolan
Porkens(2): Seraphim, Wall-E

Serum Count
Porkens(1): SpyreX
Tuberkulos(7): Timeater, ortolan, TonyMontana, geraintm, Wall-E, Seraphim, Illumina
Tuberkulos has reached majority of Serum votes.

Mycosynth Count
Timeater(2): SpyreX, Porkens
SpyreX(1): Timeater
Seraphim(1): Ortolan
Wall-E(4): CF_Riot, ortolan, Seraphim, Illumina
Porkens(1): Wall-E

To lynch/mycosynth/serum: Seven
Deadline: ???
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:21 am

Post by SpyreX »

I'd still like to understand why Wall-E for the 'synth.

He's claimed flesh - if you think he's scum he should be the lynch. If you think he's town, he should be free. Now, the claimed metal that I dont believe, that seems like the correct call for the synth.
Show

Proud member of BaM
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:22 am

Post by CF Riot »

Wall-E wrote:You're advocating synthing me because I
don't
want to die.
FoS: CF Riot
When did anyone say anything about you dying? The synth won't kill you. I just happened to notice that at first you were all, "sure guys, I don't mind synth votes cause I'm fleshie anyways," and now you've turned into, "well, maybe we should synth the person we're going to lynch." It's extremely weak I'll admit, but the way I read that is you tried to claim flesh town to talk us out of synthing you, (as synthing a fleshie does nothing) and now that you're getting close to it actually happening you're trying to find an alternative. Ergo, steelscum. Nice OMGUS though.

At Spyre: It's a stretch from the actual situation at hand, but don't you think if we just decided not to synth anyone that claimed flesh it would defeat the purpose of synthing anyone? I'm unsure of Wall-E's alignment and I have a better lynch candidate, so what's wrong with synthing him? In this particular scenario, I can see why you think TE is a better target, but I personally bet he's town. I'd rather not synth him and waste a good town role.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”