Newbie 688 - Game Over, Mafia Wins!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (isolation #0) » Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:45 am

Post by orangepenguin »

/confirm, which means we are only waiting for one more!
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (isolation #1) » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:43 am

Post by orangepenguin »

WeatheredClown is the only one who hasn't confirmed.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (isolation #2) » Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:27 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

I know, just bumping it in case he hasn't seen the thread yet, since it was buried down below.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (isolation #3) » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:07 am

Post by orangepenguin »

Scheherazade wrote:I hope I'm not jumping the gun, but orangepenguin and springlullaby are IC and WeatheredClown has played a game on these forums before, while the rest of us are getting our toes wet for the first time, right?

So we probably ought to expect the most sophistication from the two IC and a bit more from WeatheredClown.
This is my first game as an official IC (not counting one where I became an IC midgame), so I hope I am sophisticated enough for your taste. :D
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (isolation #4) » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:56 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Mastin, do you care just to tell us straight out what your plan is/was?
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #65 (isolation #5) » Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:53 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

If Mastin is indeed town, the scum are not going to get rid of him if they can help it. In my past experiences, really bad players are dragged to endgame, and then the scum end up winning because the town never can decide whether to lynch the obviously anti-town player. He is obviously scummy. The question is: Is he scum or just bad town? That is what we as a town need to decide if we do lynch Mastin.

In my opinion, Mastin is just newbtown. His plan is really bad, and not telling us his really bad plan is even more suspicious. The problem with his plan is that it doesn't take in account bad accusations and good defenses, in addition to lurkers often being the subject to lynches in Mafia games. Lurking is just as scummy in some cases, than posting a lot. If posting a lot made you the subject of being voted, then playing Mafia simply wouldn't work.

I don't really know what to think about Mastin. Him not being available for most of the days is kind of worriesome, but if he doesn't post, he can always be replaced. I don't like how mrfixij doesn't care if we lynch Mastin regardless of his allignment. If he is town, that is beneficial for us, just the fact that we have another body on hand. Town will not be ahead if we mislynch. A mislynch, without lynching any scum, only puts us behind.
Crysnia wrote: So here is what I suggest. If you guys lynch Mastin and he ends up mafia, then start zeroing in on those that didn't vote for him in hopes of catching the other mafia. But if he ends up innocent, I believe that those three people that quickly voted for him need to be fast tracked to the top of the possible mafia list.
Just because Mastin might flip scum, that doesn't mean his partner wouldn't have bussed. His allignment has no indication, really, on how scummy or not scummy the people voting him are. Scum can lynch scum. So can town. Town can lynch town. And so can scum. Yes, if he does flip town, it does make the people who quickly voted him scummy. We should look at them in that case, but your plan isn't clear cut as you think.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (isolation #6) » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:20 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

I'm definitely not ruling Mastin off the table as scum, because I think he could be, I just think there are better suspects out there, then Mastin. Obviously-scummy players aren't always scum though- they are just bad players. So I don't want to speed-lynch someone who could be town. It is his very first game, he probably thought he had a good strategy- it wasn't a good strategy. As town, the best strategy for him was to scum-hunt. Not to..avoid discussion? Is that a fair way to sum up his plan?

I also like how you omgus-ed me for mentioning you briefly. If that spurs more discussion, then fine. You're willing to get rid of a anti-town player. That's good. Some people are for policy lynches, others aren't. It doesn't necessarily indicate allignment, so I am not calling you out for it. I just disagree.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (isolation #7) » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:03 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Moses le fou wrote:
orangepenguin wrote:I'm definitely not ruling Mastin off the table as scum, because I think he could be, I just think there are better suspects out there, then Mastin. Obviously-scummy players aren't always scum though- they are just bad players. So I don't want to speed-lynch someone who could be town. It is his very first game, he probably thought he had a good strategy- it wasn't a good strategy. As town, the best strategy for him was to scum-hunt. Not to..avoid discussion? Is that a fair way to sum up his plan?

I also like how you omgus-ed me for mentioning you briefly. If that spurs more discussion, then fine. You're willing to get rid of a anti-town player.
That's good. Some people are for policy lynches, others aren't. It doesn't necessarily indicate allignment, so I am not calling you out for it. I just disagree.
I'm not sure what you mean by this part.
Ah, sorry. It should read like this:

"I also like how you OMGUS-ed me for mentioning you briefly. If that spurs more discission [as a result of that], than fine.

SPACE

You're willing to get rid of an anti-town player [Mastin]. That's good.

"That's good" probably the best word choice, but what I meant is that it's good that he wants the anti-town people gone.

Sorry if that was confusing.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #72 (isolation #8) » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:06 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

mrfixij wrote:He's either being sarcastic, saying he likes it because it shifts suspicion to me (which seems scummy by that interpretation) or saying... wow, I really can't figure out what exactly that could mean in a positive manner.
I wasn't being sarcastic/shifting suspicion. I was saying that you weren't necessarily wrong in wanting Mastin gone. So basically, I was agreeing with you in a way. :P
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (isolation #9) » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:34 am

Post by orangepenguin »

Ah, weird, I could've sworn I posted here yesterday. Guess not.

Well, anyways, other than the countless lists of people's opinion on people, there was nothing really to comment on.

WC, I was playing Devil's Advocate, sort of, too, in a way, for Mastin. I am still not really sure whether he is newbtown or scum. (well, obviously he is a newbie, so irrel)
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (isolation #10) » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:54 am

Post by orangepenguin »

Ah, weird, I could've sworn I posted here yesterday. Guess not.

Well, anyways, other than the countless lists of people's opinion on people, there was nothing really to comment on.

WC, I was playing Devil's Advocate, sort of, too, in a way, for Mastin. I am still not really sure whether he is newbtown or scum. (well, obviously he is a newbie, so irrel)
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (isolation #11) » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:58 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

WeatheredClown wrote:Is it true that we haven't seen panamon since Page 2?
Uh, probably, since he got prodded. If he doesn't respond, somebody will replace him.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (isolation #12) » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:22 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

WC: If Panamon is your lead suspect, as you say, why are you so convinced the mafia will speed lynch? If you think he's mafia, vote him, but if you think there is two elsewhere, then Panamon can't be scum, if there is two scum coming to speed lynch.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (isolation #13) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:13 am

Post by orangepenguin »

Scheherazade wrote:Or, Mastin, you could tell us what plan you meant in your confirmation post.
Didn't he say that his plan was to not..post? "Because posting more when accused makes you scummier" :roll:
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (isolation #14) » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:31 am

Post by orangepenguin »

So your active lurking?
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (isolation #15) » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:19 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

I think Mastin is a bad choice for lynch. I think he is just a bad player, which isn't indicative of scum always.

I think the scummiest at this point is Panamon, but he was replaced, so I want to hear from his replacement before I pursue anything further.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (isolation #16) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:35 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Hmm..I could go ahead and place my vote on someone, but I have mixed feelings regardling several players (Sche, mrfix, Pana), but I think Pan is the most scummy of the three. Holding off voting isn't scummy. I don't normally wait to put my vote down, but I'd rather take in some things before committing to a person, rather then voting someone I think is mildly scummy. True, voting applies pressure, which can be useful. Panamon isn't really the reason I haven't voted. I could just as well vote him, but considering he has a replacement who hasn't posted recently, that's not really fair. Then there's Mastin- he could be a really obvious scum, but more likely, he's just a bad player. I don't like how he isn't committed to playing. If you only post 1 day a week, then you should probably find something other than Mafia to do, considering games can last several months. =/ I'm not really one to post a lot of content day-to-day- true, I am a IC, but IC doesn't = always right nor does it = good player. I am an okay player. I need improvement still, we all do.

To dispell WC's theory, no, I am not waiting to "drop the hammer". And if I did, I would only if I was sure that person was scum and everything, and if that were to happen (me hammering), I'd probably have voted someone by then.

Placing your votes around (vote hopping) is technically more scummy than not voting. It's not like I am advocating a no lynch. :?
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (isolation #17) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:41 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Mastin wrote:
You offer a lot of text with very little content. [...]For starters, I want to know your thoughts on Schehera and Panamon/mark. Also, do you have any other suspects right now?
Sorry. I do ridiculously long posts without even being aware of it. 'Tis in my nature.

As for opinions:

I really can't give any evidence, other than a 'gut feeling' from the posts, or lack there of. While, personally, I believe that just my gut instinct is meaningless, if it helps, then it, well, helps.

Schehera--seems just a tad bit scummy, yes, from looking at posts, especially if I were to be mafia, since Schehera's posts COULD easily be interpreted as defending me. However, I think it is just more likely that Schehera is a little hesitant to lynch, nothing more. While a tad bit suspicious and one of my lead suspects, Scehera seems more pro-villager.

QuestionMark--we know nothing of QM, other than QM has replaced Panamon and neither actively posts. Panamon's posts with...for lack of a better term, lack of logic supporting vote...make him seem a little scummy, but could just be an example of village idiot in the making. However, QuestionMark has replaced Panamon and I have yet to see any posts from QM. This seems a little scummy to me, but could just be QM's reading style, or lack of activity.

mrfixij--Very active debater; this is very helpful to the town...or so it would seem. All evidence, except for Moses le fou's point, seems to suggest that fixij is pro-villager. That evidence against fixij would only make sense if springlullaby were scum as well, though, which I do not believe is the case. All in all, a person who appears to be pro-villager, but who just as easily could be a good scum player.

I can't find an opinion for WeatheredClown right now, since with a current vote against me, even something as simple as an opinion would be influenced by the OMGUS factor.

Everyone else: Disturbingly silent, with the occasional post. This is suspicious, but is not any evidence alone that a person is scum.

Again, these are just 'gut feelings' from reading the posts. I don't have any evidence to support these claims. If I really believe someone's scum that badly, I'll present evidence supporting it and then cast my vote.
Mastin, future advice: Never go on gut feelings alone. Sometimes gut feelings can be correct, but generally, you should at least go by actual in-thread evidence, if you expect people to agree with you. Also, scum tend to go by gut, as an excuse to justify their votes, so just food for thought.

In a newbie game though, a lot of people go by gut, so it's kind of a null tell, but just saying. Good thing to know.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (isolation #18) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:46 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

mrfixij wrote:@Orange, I'd still like your opinion on the exchange between Schehera and I. Often times the best way to get a valid response or information is by commenting on an accusation/defense.
From what I see, both of you have valid arguments. I agree with Moses, that you and sl have been kind of attacking Schez, but I do think you have good motives in doing so. Schez has appeared scummy under the circumstances, although I don't personally think he is scum, at this point.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (isolation #19) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:18 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

I think in this kind of format, and also considering the length, that it would just get complicated.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (isolation #20) » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:01 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

9 Posts in almost 3 weeks.

That's not even 1 post a day. =/
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (isolation #21) » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:01 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

That was to Crysnia.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (isolation #22) » Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:33 am

Post by orangepenguin »

Haha..I have played two completed games with BM so far, and both those times, he was scum. I played a couple others were he wasn't scum, but he died. It was after day 3. Even though Stoofer's Law is likely a joke, BM isn't always scum, if he survives past day 3.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (isolation #23) » Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:43 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Panamon joined other games and was replaced out of them. I think he genuinely just left the site, pretty much.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (isolation #24) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:22 am

Post by orangepenguin »

Crysnia wrote:
orangepenguin wrote:Haha..I have played two completed games with BM so far, and both those times, he was scum. I played a couple others were he wasn't scum, but he died. It was after day 3. Even though Stoofer's Law is likely a joke, BM isn't always scum, if he survives past day 3.
Your statement makes no sense and has no bearing on this game. He could have been scum 100 times in a row and the chance of him being scum in this game would be the same as any other game.
Considering Stoofer's Law is more of a joke than an actual proven theory, it wasn't supposed to have any bearing on this game. I don't think BM is scum anyways, so I could care less was Stoofer's 5th Law says about BattleMage. I just thought it was funny.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (isolation #25) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:23 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Even if Stoofer's 5th Law was valid, it wouldn't work, because BM replaced in.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (isolation #26) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:11 am

Post by orangepenguin »

I don't like Moses vote on BM. The reasoning was poor and hypocritical. Part of the basis of his vote was that BM put someone at l-2, and he does that same thing to BM for that.
vote:Moses
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (isolation #27) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:50 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

mrfixij wrote:Upon review of the earlier third of the thread, I definitely don't like OrangePenguin. I also want input from Mastin, if he should ever decide to return (
That could be read as requesting a prod of mastin
). I think it was obvious that Mastin was scummy as all hell early game. Orange says not only that it's in scum's best interests to keep bad players alive till late game (read: mastin), but then goes on to defend mastin to prevent his lynch, in an obvious attempt to keep him around TO LATE GAME. He also stated in his next post that there are better candidates for scum, but fails to list them, or to even cast a vote at that time to indicate WHO those better candidates are.

The previously mentioned exchange can be found on page 3.

I'm not leaving Crys off the hook, nor BM, but after re-reading the thread, this snip-it caught my eye and I want it addressed.

My vote stands on Crysania for continuity's sake, but I'd like some more contribution and a solid explanation from Orange. I will switch my vote if he can't deliver.
I still think Mastin is newbtown. I am not going to vote him just cause he's a bad player. I hardly alone prevented his lynch. I just don't think he was the best choice for lynch. He had poor logic and a poor strategy, and had he been in an open game instead, it would've been scummy, but considering this is his first game..

I feel my vote on Moses is justified at this point. I haven't really voted at all this game, so it's merely a pressure vote at this point on a person I feel is scummy. Interesting results.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (isolation #28) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:08 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

mrfixij and ME? Where did that idea come from?
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (isolation #29) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:38 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Alduskkel wrote: I'm not really sure what the case on OP is.
It's the typical "lynch all lurkers" vote that I receive in basically every game. :roll:
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #376 (isolation #30) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:00 am

Post by orangepenguin »

mrfixij wrote:My vote changed in 336. I initially voted for orange because he wasn't fitting the meta I have on him.
Just curious, but what is your meta of me? :?
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #379 (isolation #31) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:35 am

Post by orangepenguin »

mrfixij wrote:
orangepenguin wrote:
mrfixij wrote:My vote changed in 336. I initially voted for orange because he wasn't fitting the meta I have on him.
Just curious, but what is your meta of me? :?
It's hardly productive or legal of me to actively discuss a meta I've drawn on you from active games.
From my perspective, I am not doing anything different. My meta is basically "quiet day 1 and 2, yet comes out full force late in the game", or something like that. BM has played with me a couple times, in completed games, so he probably has a better opinion on my meta than you do, since he has played completed games with me in addition to his experience.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (isolation #32) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:43 am

Post by orangepenguin »

That's not what I said. Besides the fact that meta does not = game plan, I mainly meant that I am known to be quiet the first couple of days. I don't know why, it just happens. Sometimes, I am quiet only day 1, but there have been occasions where I have been "full force" the entire game.

I don't see you with a case on me, so I don't know how you're catching scum any better than myself. ;)
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #427 (isolation #33) » Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:09 am

Post by orangepenguin »

Battle Mage wrote:You just arent reading.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (isolation #34) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:05 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

I don't know how that is scummy either. As far as I know, it isn't.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #471 (isolation #35) » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:05 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Moses le fou wrote:So, I take it everybody's busy with Thanksgiving stuff? Wait a minute. . . BM's British. . .
Eh, yeah, I am. Sorry about that.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #491 (isolation #36) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:07 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

I still am not convinced about Panamon/BM. But I will unvote, since it is unlikely to go any further. Oh..bold-
unvote
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #495 (isolation #37) » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:26 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

OR...they both could be scum, and they were distancing. So there isn't such a thing as "anti-pair".

Let's not confirm another player just because we find out Player A is town or scum, because you never know for sure.

It might sound neat, but it's a stupid idea. ;)
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #510 (isolation #38) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:55 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Crysnia wrote:Since this seems to be mrfixij's favourite thing to do....

Aldus: What do you think of Mrfixij or Orange Penguin?
Hmm, an easier way to go about this, instead of each person asking aldus what he thinks of two people THEY think are scummy, maybe we can ask his opinions on ALL the players and who HE thinks is scum. :wink:

I don't really think BM is scum. I really don't. =/
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #554 (isolation #39) » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:42 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Crysnia wrote: Show me where I voted for him. I said I thought he was suspicious. I gave why I thought he was suspicious. But to me Orangepenguin was and still is my prime suspect. The fact that you'd be willing to give someone a free ride the first two days is also starting to get suspicious. Honestly though whatever.
Mmmm, alright.

Vote: Battle Mage
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #576 (isolation #40) » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:25 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

CF Riot wrote: OP, do you support the WC lynch or disagree with it and why? Why did you not have a vote out yesterday when the ball dropped? Who would it have been on and why?
No, I did not support it. I really didn't think WC was the scummiest person. I am a bit annoyed that they didn't even claim when they were so close to being lynched though. I didn't have a vote on anybody because I wasn't confident on any particular person. I think the wagon on WC was very scum driven, considering how much it grew so fast though. The ball dropped really fast though, but it would not have been on WC, I am afraid. Maybe BM or Adulskki.

As for my vote on BM, he replaced Panonom, whose actions were questionable. I really didn't think BM was scum, but reviewing Day 1, I feel like he's actually a good choice for now for my vote. I thought this time, I would get my vote out there first, act later.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #577 (isolation #41) » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:28 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

That is strange about springlullaby. If she is possibly reading the thread, she could quickly put together a sentence or two, about her thoughts, or something.

Also, I forgot to mention the deadline - I think the deadline really rushed everything. I don't think I was online on Sunday. By the time I read the thread, WC was dead. That also explains my lack of vote during deadline.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #581 (isolation #42) » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:37 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Alduskkel wrote:Let's take a step back for a moment.

mrfixij's statement was that a mislynch is better than an accurate lynch if it yields more information. He says this in Post 449.

But then you twisted it around and claimed that he was saying it was always better to lynch a Town person in Post 450.

So, in conclusion, you twisted his words.
Good catch!

unvote, vote: Crysnia
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #582 (isolation #43) » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:45 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Alduskkel wrote:Let's take a step back for a moment.

mrfixij's statement was that a mislynch is better than an accurate lynch if it yields more information. He says this in Post 449.

But then you twisted it around and claimed that he was saying it was always better to lynch a Town person in Post 450.

So, in conclusion, you twisted his words.
Good catch!

unvote, vote: Crysnia
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #591 (isolation #44) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:20 am

Post by orangepenguin »

Why were you active lurking before? I don't see how my 577 was off at all. Do you disagree? Your basis for voting me is laughable, I must say. =/
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #593 (isolation #45) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:50 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

CF - The both are my top 2, but right now, I am voting Crys, who I believe is scummier by just a hair. I also think sl's lurking is kind of suspicious too, but I don't think it's a scum tell, so, ergo, she is not a suspect.

As for your MLF question - I am a low content town. It's not something I try to do, but I do anyways, as kind of a habit. You've played with me before, in Open 80 - Double Day. LF made a case on me for that, and I was lynched as town because of it. It's never really an indicative of my allignment, just my interest level. The games I am interested in tend to be those were I am involved heavily, either as a suspect or powerrole. Usually, I become involved due to my low activity or content, because I am called out for it, and then a wagon emerges, and usually, that causes me to become more involved in some way or another. Sometimes I am scum, but usually, I am town. In this case, I am town, not that it changes anything, since I am not confirmed, so it's a moot point. I hope that explains that for those who haven't played with me before.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #608 (isolation #46) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:24 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

unvote, vote : BM

BM, if I really thought you were an easy wagon, I would've voted you yesterday when half the town was suspicious of you.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #620 (isolation #47) » Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:25 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Because I am more convinced that BM is scum.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #627 (isolation #48) » Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:24 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

I feel BM is a better choice. Anyways, who voted who first? Aldus or Crysnia? Because there might be a little OMGUS behind that.

Don't know what is so odd about my comment about BM. Yesterday, tons of people were voting for Pan/him - if I were supposively trying to jump on an easy lynch (in which case, MLF would be the easy one), I could've voted BM yesterday when he was the wagon of the moment. Eh, just my honest opinion.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #630 (isolation #49) » Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:30 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

I honestly don't know. I probably shouldn't have. At the time, I thought you were onto something good, mixed in with some subconscious omgus probably. As an IC, I am doing a terrible job. So..instead of learning from me, do the opposite! Don't be as compulsive. But I thought you had something good, but now that I have thought things over, your case isn't that case.

However, your vote on Crysnia is 10x more warranted than there vote on you.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #637 (isolation #50) » Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:05 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

UM...where is everyone?

Mod
, vote count please?
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #639 (isolation #51) » Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:18 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

unvote, vote: MLF

L-1. He quickly hammered WC.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #649 (isolation #52) » Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:04 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

unvote, vote: BM

Just because I think Player A is scummy (BM) doesn't mean I can't vote for Player B because Player A just happens to be voting for them. I don't know anybody's alignment. I don't have proof that BM is scum, so until he flips, I am not going to assume anything. I realize the MLF situation has been there. BM has been voting him since yesterday. I voted MLF yesterday. I decided to put some added pressure. He claimed. I am not willing to lynch an un-counterclaimed doc. Apparently, you do, since your vote is still on him. Do you not believe his claim?

I don't think BM is bussing MLF. It's possible for them to both be scum, but that would mean MLF is lying, which I doubt, so yeah, BM is not bussing. BM has been voting him the entire game, basically. BM is my #1. My vote on Crysnia was kind of stupid. If I could take it back, I would've kept my vote on BM, and not vote Crysnia, but I can't, lol, so, what's done is done. I thought Aldus was onto something, like I've said already, but Crysnia already addressed those issues. CF, congratulations, you're my #2. I don't have a case, nor am I gonna make one today, or tomorrow, on you, but I have a bad feeling about you. Key word: feeling = gut, which is why I won't vote you, because I don't think you should vote off of gut, but gut is a good place to start exploring.

1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Mafia Goon, 7 Vanilla Townies
1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Cop, 1 Doctor, 5 Vanilla Townies
2 Mafia Goons, 1 Cop, 6 Vanilla Townies
2 Mafia Goons, 1 Doctor, 6 VanillaTownies

If MLF is telling the truth, there is 4 townies left (mrfixij makes 5) I know my role, so that leaves 3 townie, 2 scum.

Crysnia
Alduskkel Mastin
CF Riot Scheherazade
Battle Mage Questionmark, Panamon
springlullaby

I think Aldus is town, leaving the pool of:

Crysnia
CF Riot
Battle Mage
springlullaby

I really have no read of sl. So I am just going to mark her as town for now, since I have no suspicion or anything.

Crysnia
CF Riot
Battle Mage

This is the hard part. I know BM is scum. I have a feeling CF is scum too, and even though I voted for her beforehand, I guess that means Crysnia is not scum, but town.

confirm vote: BM

If we're lucky, BM will flip the roleblocker.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #650 (isolation #53) » Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:05 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Can springlullaby be replaced?

=======================================
Page 27 Votecount

Crysnia: (1/4) Alduskkel,
Alduskkel: (1/4) Crysnia,
Moses le fou: (2/4) Battle Mage, CF Riot,
CF Riot: (0/4)
Battle Mage: (1/4) orangepenguin
springlullaby: (0/4)
orangepenguin: (2/4) springlullaby, Moses le fou,

Not Voting: (0/7)

With 7 alive, it's 4 to lynch!
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #659 (isolation #54) » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:57 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Alduskkel wrote:I'm not liking how you are spreading suspicion onto CF Riot without even backing it up with any sort of evidence at all.

When SL should be replaced is at the Mod's discretion. He just prodded her (Post 640), and it is the Holidays. Let's give her a few days. Why so hasty for a replacement, OP?

And what's up with this OP? Enlarged text is the part that matters.
I am just indicating my suspicions. That way, when I do present a case or place a vote on them, this is a prior indication of my suspicions, because I tend to keep that hidden, and I always end up being killed, and that person who I felt was scum, but never said anything, always got away with it all, and won.

About SL. It was just a request. I noticed in my last post that she hasn't posted in a while. I was aware that she was V/LA, but wasn't sure, and she hadn't posted in quite a while. Now that she is back, the replacement is definitely not necessary, and neither is a prod. Why so hasty? It might because of the lack of activity.

Enlarged text portion: True, they kind of contradict eachother, if you put them together, but I don't really think so. I am not going to assume things like bussing and distancing between BM and MLF, just because I voted them in the past 24 hours. I do think BM is scum, I really do. "I know" was technically an assumption. Okay, I don't "know", you caught me. By know, I mean "I really really think I am right". :roll: :oops:
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #690 (isolation #55) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:27 am

Post by orangepenguin »

Alduskkel wrote:
Mod, orangepenguin and springlullaby have not posted in 6 days. Perhaps a Prod is in order?
The site was also down for 5 of those days. BM, the reason I asked for sl to be replaced was cause when I posted that, nobody was really posting anything, and sl hadn't posted for almost 2 weeks. She then popped up, and now everything is alright. I don't know why trying to get the game moving forward is a bad thing. Having sl's vote on me wasn't that big of a deal, from a scum perspective, since she wasn't active at all, nor was she actively pursuing me. From my perspective, she hadn't posted in this game, nor has she posted in another game I was in with her. So I figured I would have the mod prod her (even though I asked for a "replacement" - a prod was what I basically meant). Either way, it seemed to get her attention.

I'll get back to your other stuff in a second.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #691 (isolation #56) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:29 am

Post by orangepenguin »

CF Riot wrote:
orangepenguin wrote:I am not willing to lynch an un-counterclaimed doc.
BM quoting this just reminded me of another thought I'd had. I will say at this point, no I don't believe MLF's claim. That is not to say I think he is lying, but merely to say I'm holding judgment until more info is presented. Undecided would be the word.

However, I will point out that if he
is
telling the truth, he is absolutely useless now that he's claimed. If MLF is the doc, then the scum
do
have a RB, therefore MLF's night action is useless. In the event that we lynch the (possible) RB, it immediately confirms MLF, so he would undoubtedly be the NK for the following night. Ergo, he is still useless as a doc. Because it has already been pointed out that doc is a potential safeclaim for scum, I would argue to OP that MLF claiming doc holds no weight. Therefore,
if you are still suspicious of MLF,
there is no reason to unvote him.
I am not suspicious of him anymore. He claimed. I believe him. There is no reason NOT to unvote him.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #692 (isolation #57) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:30 am

Post by orangepenguin »

Battle Mage wrote:
springlullaby wrote:Yeah, I'm not being good IC.
Is this contagious or something? Am i the only IC here who isn't whinging about how bad im doing? Its creepy that you and Orangepenguin said almost the exact same thing word for word. 0.o
SL wrote: And you see, I don't like your last post about doc either. Uncounterclaimed doc has still a better chance of not being scum.

In fact
Vote CF-Riot

This one is sticking.
Actually his post was spot on. I dont understand your issue with it.
FoS: SL

BM
Well, even though he is utterly useless, which CF has a point about, there is no reason to help the scum, and lynch them. A town body is a body.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #693 (isolation #58) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:32 am

Post by orangepenguin »

Alduskkel wrote:
Mod, orangepenguin and springlullaby have not posted in 6 days. Perhaps a Prod is in order?
OH, and
When SL should be replaced is at the Mod's discretion. He just prodded her (Post 640), and it is the Holidays. Let's give her a few days. Why so hasty for a replacement, OP?
Why so hasty for a prod, Alduskkel? The site stopped working. Give us both a few days. :wink:
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #709 (isolation #59) » Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:09 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Mod, you updated Crysnia to mrfixij, but on Aldus, it still says Crysnia is voting him, when he she is now mrfixij.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #718 (isolation #60) » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:27 am

Post by orangepenguin »

mrfixij wrote:Therefore, I propose that we move onto another target.
Wait-what? You can't be serious. The discussion may be WIFOM, but if he isn't telling the truth, it isn't a waste of time. You could just as likely be his partner trying to derail the discussion. :roll:
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #723 (isolation #61) » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:22 am

Post by orangepenguin »

Yeah..MLF. If you are vanilla townie, that was a pretty stupid move by claiming.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #726 (isolation #62) » Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:02 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

..or just be serious in general. :P
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #729 (isolation #63) » Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:54 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Not saying that there isn't a case, but I've played enough games where scum play the perfect townie games. In those cases, there isn't a case, and that's how scum tend to win. CF, remember Double Day? You weren't originally Mafia, but like mrfixij, you were killed, and then replaced back into the same game, and nobody, but me, were suspicious of TSN, but because there was no case on him, nobody but me voted him the entire game.
unvote, vote:CF RIOT

Maybe there is a case. I don't know. I haven't made one or looked for one. Neither has mrfixij. Schez was pretty scummy, IMO - even though he wasn't the scummiest.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #730 (isolation #64) » Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:54 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Also, I still think BM & CF are probable partners, so I will also look for some kind of link between them.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #732 (isolation #65) » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:00 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

orangepenguin: (2/4) Moses le fou, Battle Mage,

Oops. CF is going to jump on me for OMGUS reasons, and Aldus doesn't think there is a case, and will jump stupidly on the bandwagon. Even though I am honestly trying to pursue a possible case, I will be lynched before dawn, even though I am just a simple member of the town.

I always make the mistake of knowing one of the mafia, but never pursuing them because there isn't a obvious case or anything, and nobody else thinks they are scum, so I will not make that mistake again, even if I am lynched for it.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #763 (isolation #66) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:57 am

Post by orangepenguin »

Seriously? CF just sits back, while Aldus the townie tears down the wagon on her, and will since I am the only one voting, he won't be lynched. Superb!

I am kind of tempted to go back to BM for now since a CF lynch won't be happening, apparently, but I'll keep it there.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #764 (isolation #67) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:59 am

Post by orangepenguin »

LOL. I totally predicted that once the CF wagon died off. Didn't realize it was currently in the process of being submitted.

Bravo, CF! You win this day. Hopefully, our distancing worked enough for you, even though I thought Sche was nicer to me.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #766 (isolation #68) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:05 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

I am L-1, BTW. I could just as well end the day, but I would rather survive than CF, since I am less of a threat than the roleblocker is.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #767 (isolation #69) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:08 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

confirm vote: CF Riot
. He is..*sigh* L-3. I can't say I am too surprised he got away with it again. He is better at the game than I am. Don't expect to win anymore town. MLF, you know what to do.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #769 (isolation #70) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:12 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

No, I am claiming CF is scum. I am a vanilla townie.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #771 (isolation #71) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:13 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

springlullaby wrote:Wait orange, are you claiming scum?
Of course, it might've been a gambit to see the actual scum catch that bit and hammer, if they aren't voting me already. :wink:
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #773 (isolation #72) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:16 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

springlullaby wrote:
orangepenguin wrote:I am L-1, BTW. I could just as well end the day, but I would rather survive than CF, since I am less of a threat than the roleblocker is.
Explain this then please.
I am L-1, meaning one vote would hammer me. I could self-hammer, but I would rather see CF lynched today, since I am town, therefore not a threat, whereas CF is, because I fear he is the roleblocker.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #775 (isolation #73) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:18 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

springlullaby wrote:How exactly do you expect to catch scum by claiming scum?
How do you expect to catch scum by lynching town? (@town, not you)

Of course, I am digging my hole. I fully expect to be lynched, because so many people are omgus and want to be vindicated. Unfortunately, some of those people are just town, and it's too bad that they're wasting their lynch on me.

Anyways, if I come back in an hour, and I am still alive, I am going to go ahead, and make that case. Or whatever.

Page 31 Votecount

mrfixij: (1/4) Alduskkel,
Alduskkel: (0/4)
Moses le fou: (0/4)
CF Riot: (1/4) orangepenguin,
Battle Mage: (0/4)
springlullaby: (0/4)
orangepenguin: (4/4) Moses le fou, Battle Mage, CF Riot, springlullaby

Not Voting: (1/7) mrfixij,

With 7 alive, it's 4 to lynch!

Retractable deadline for Friday 23 January at 6:30 pm GMT+10.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #777 (isolation #74) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:21 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Right. Okay. Congrats Sl.

The town were fighting after the death of mrfixij, and couldn't come to a decision. The mafia decided to find a scapegoat..or in this case, a scapepenguin. The penguin couldn't speak, because it was just a simple exotic artic bird, but the town didn't care. They pressed, and pressed the poor bird, and attacked him for signaling that CF and BM were scum. Springlullaby, the jumper, had enough of the penguin squawking, and put the noose around the penguin's neck

orangepenguin, Vanilla Townie, Lynched Day 2. It is now the night. Please send me the night actions by..
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #778 (isolation #75) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:23 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

springlullaby wrote:You're not, I just hammered you.
Way to go! You probably should've just saved CF some time by keeping your vote on me in the first place. Of course, maybe I am wrong about CF. If I am, I expect the mafia to take my death, and turn the tables, which, shame on them. CF/BM, if I am wrong, than so be it.

*penguin bah*
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #780 (isolation #76) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:24 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Okay, not to beat a dead penguin, but since I am not officially considered dead until the mod posts, I am glad this happened. This game has been dead, and usually, the death of me sparks discussion, and I look forward to read.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #781 (isolation #77) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:26 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

springlullaby wrote:This game sucks so much (not that I didn't contribute in making it so) it's actually starting to get fun.
I know! Sadly, it always happens when I am the one in the noose..but.. I don't really blame you. I would've hammered me too, and was considering doing it myself, but I didn't want to set a bad example for the newbies (who aren't really newbies, since the game is X months along already)
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1053 (isolation #78) » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:26 am

Post by orangepenguin »

Wow..I blame myself Mastin wasn't lynched Day 1. I didn't want to jump on him, because I thought it was a newbie mistake, and gave him a pass when I shouldn't have. Oops.

Sorry for tunneling on CF. At least I was right about BM.

Um, sorry SL. My scum claim thing was an attempt at catching scum. It ended up hurting you. Oh well.
I
was going to replace back in, but YOU stole my spot! :(lol.

Um, good job scum.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1055 (isolation #79) » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:26 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

The first page is all weird, but was the original scum team Mastin and Panamon?

OMG. All the odds were stacked against you.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1057 (isolation #80) » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:46 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

LOL. I can't believe we lost then, because EVERYONE ..except me of course :(, seemed to be suspicious of the two of them Day 1.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”