Newbie 688 - Game Over, Mafia Wins!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Moses le fou
Moses le fou
Goon
Moses le fou
Goon
Goon

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:33 pm

Post by Moses le fou »

CF Riot wrote:MLF, what's your read of OP?
I'm bothered by his MO of not giving much in the way of conversation. The little bits that he has given are more strange than anything. His vote for Crysnia and his comment to BM about being an easy wagon -- I can't say for sure whether they're scummy or not, but they're definitely odd.

=======================================
Page 26 Votecount

Crysnia: (1/4) Alduskkel,
Alduskkel: (1/4) Crysnia,
Moses le fou: (2/4) Battle Mage, CF Riot,
CF Riot: (0/4)
Battle Mage: (1/4) orangepenguin
springlullaby: (0/4)
orangepenguin: (1/4) springlullaby

Not Voting: (1/7) Moses le fou,

With 7 alive, it's 4 to lynch!
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:35 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

We seem to be dividing our votes up too much. With my proof that Crysnia twisted mrfixij's words, her current vote on me seems OMGUSy. OP, you basically said my case on Crysnia was good in Post 581. Why not vote for Crysnia?
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:24 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

I feel BM is a better choice. Anyways, who voted who first? Aldus or Crysnia? Because there might be a little OMGUS behind that.

Don't know what is so odd about my comment about BM. Yesterday, tons of people were voting for Pan/him - if I were supposively trying to jump on an easy lynch (in which case, MLF would be the easy one), I could've voted BM yesterday when he was the wagon of the moment. Eh, just my honest opinion.
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:22 am

Post by CF Riot »

I really think we should lynch MLF. His vote on Pan was poorly reasoned. Quick hammer on a cop (even if he didn't know his alignment beforehand). Poor excuse for it. Fence sitting today.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:43 am

Post by Alduskkel »

I voted for Crysnia first in Post 549. Crysnia voted for me in Post 574.

OP, why did you vote for Crysnia at all?
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:30 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

I honestly don't know. I probably shouldn't have. At the time, I thought you were onto something good, mixed in with some subconscious omgus probably. As an IC, I am doing a terrible job. So..instead of learning from me, do the opposite! Don't be as compulsive. But I thought you had something good, but now that I have thought things over, your case isn't that case.

However, your vote on Crysnia is 10x more warranted than there vote on you.
Moses le fou
Moses le fou
Goon
Moses le fou
Goon
Goon

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:08 pm

Post by Moses le fou »

orangepenguin wrote:I feel BM is a better choice. Anyways, who voted who first? Aldus or Crysnia? Because there might be a little OMGUS behind that.

Don't know what is so odd about my comment about BM. Yesterday, tons of people were voting for Pan/him - if I were supposively trying to jump on an easy lynch (in which case, MLF would be the easy one), I could've voted BM yesterday when he was the wagon of the moment. Eh, just my honest opinion.
Why didn't you vote for BM on Day 1? What brings the change in opinion?
Moses le fou
Moses le fou
Goon
Moses le fou
Goon
Goon

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:12 pm

Post by Moses le fou »

CF Riot wrote:I really think we should lynch MLF. His vote on Pan was poorly reasoned. Quick hammer on a cop (even if he didn't know his alignment beforehand). Poor excuse for it. Fence sitting today.
From yesterday:
CF Riot wrote: Moses left the Mastin wagon at just the right time for me, and voted Pan just when I felt like Pan was looking scummy. Therefore I felt like Moses was playing smart and townish. However I noticed now after the spat between him and BM that his reason for the vote is not so logical. I also don't understand why he's so avidly defending Zade(me), although maybe this is unintentional and a byproduct of attacking BM(Pan).
Now that you want me lynched, you've changed your opinion of my vote on Pan?

Vote: CF Riot

How's that for fence-sitting?
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:44 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Moses le fou wrote:
CF Riot wrote:I really think we should lynch MLF. His vote on Pan was poorly reasoned. Quick hammer on a cop (even if he didn't know his alignment beforehand). Poor excuse for it. Fence sitting today.
From yesterday:
CF Riot wrote: Moses left the Mastin wagon at just the right time for me, and voted Pan just when I felt like Pan was looking scummy. Therefore I felt like Moses was playing smart and townish. However I noticed now after the spat between him and BM that his reason for the vote is not so logical. I also don't understand why he's so avidly defending Zade(me), although maybe this is unintentional and a byproduct of attacking BM(Pan).

CF Riot wrote: Moses left the Mastin wagon at just the right time for me, and voted Pan just when I felt like Pan was looking scummy. Therefore I felt like Moses was playing smart and townish. However I noticed now after the spat between him and BM that
his reason for the vote is not so logical.
I also don't understand why he's so avidly defending Zade(me), although maybe this is unintentional and a byproduct of attacking BM(Pan).
CF Riot wrote:I really think we should lynch MLF.
His vote on Pan was poorly reasoned.
Quick hammer on a cop (even if he didn't know his alignment beforehand). Poor excuse for it. Fence sitting today.
Italics by me. I don't think Riot actually contradicted himself.
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:36 am

Post by CF Riot »

Thanks. What he said.

MLF, would you say your vote falls into the OMGUS category, or do you think I am scum backtracking to frame you? Are there any other underlying reasons supporting that vote, besides the one mentioned?
Moses le fou
Moses le fou
Goon
Moses le fou
Goon
Goon

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:07 pm

Post by Moses le fou »

Alduskkel wrote:
Moses le fou wrote:
From yesterday:

CF Riot wrote: Moses left the Mastin wagon at just the right time for me, and voted Pan just when I felt like Pan was looking scummy. Therefore I felt like Moses was playing smart and townish. However I noticed now after the spat between him and BM that
his reason for the vote is not so logical.
I also don't understand why he's so avidly defending Zade(me), although maybe this is unintentional and a byproduct of attacking BM(Pan).
CF Riot wrote:I really think we should lynch MLF.
His vote on Pan was poorly reasoned.
Quick hammer on a cop (even if he didn't know his alignment beforehand). Poor excuse for it. Fence sitting today.
Italics by me. I don't think Riot actually contradicted himself.
I noticed that, but I don't like how CF goes from saying that my play against Panamon was smart and townish goes out the window now that he wants me lynched.

And to answer CF's question, I wouldn't say that it's a true OMGUS, but I'll admit that I doubt I would have noticed what you did if I hadn't been the target.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:38 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

What do you guys think about my case on Crysnia and her OMGUS vote on me? She also seems to have fallen quiet. Perhaps avoiding having to talk and trying to stay out of the spotlight? Or maybe she's just gone for the holidays.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:05 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

UM...where is everyone?

Mod
, vote count please?
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:10 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

BACK SEAT MODDING!
Page 26.5 Votecount

Crysnia: (1/4) Alduskkel,
Alduskkel: (1/4) Crysnia,
Moses le fou: (2/4) Battle Mage, CF Riot,
CF Riot: (1/4) Moses le fou
Battle Mage: (1/4) orangepenguin
springlullaby: (0/4)
orangepenguin: (1/4) springlullaby

Not Voting: (0/7) None!

With 7 alive, it's 4 to lynch!
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:18 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

unvote, vote: MLF

L-1. He quickly hammered WC.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:33 pm

Post by vollkan »

BM, Crysnia and Springlullaby have been prodded.

Also, given the decline in activity, I am imposing a retractable deadline for Friday 23 January at 6:30 pm GMT+10.
Moses le fou
Moses le fou
Goon
Moses le fou
Goon
Goon

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:55 pm

Post by Moses le fou »

Unvote, Vote: orangepenguin

After CF and I have been talking about the quickhammer all day (which was an accident), you suddenly jump on?

And by the way, I AM THE DOCTOR.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:00 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

In the interest of consensus, I'll switch my vote over.

Unvote
Vote: Moses le fou

Just kidding. That was a parody of Post 546, by the way.

I suppose I can see where people are coming from with their votes for Moses. It seems an awful lot like he was trying to end the day quickly, cut of discussion, and make sure WC didn't get a chance to claim etc. etc. His claim that he somehow missed CF Riot's vote seems kind of flimsy if you ask me.

I might switch over, but I am still
much
more comfortable with my vote for Crysnia given that she wanted to kill mrfixij for being "helpful" and that he later ended up dead and that she twisted his words as I think I have successfully proven. Especially now since Moses has claimed Doctor. I will think about that for a while.

OP's vote seems kind of hypocritical, as Moses noted.

Moses, have you breadcrumbed Doctor at any point?
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:02 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

And think about my case on Crysnia, everyone. It is a good one, if I do say so myself.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:06 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Alduskkel wrote:OP's vote seems kind of hypocritical
Perhaps hypocritical is not the best term here. Not sure what would be, though. Perhaps "off."

Maybe I was hasty in deleting that note to myself to stop triple posting.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:00 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Knew id forgotten something! Sorry guys. :P

Anyway, given the nature of the setup, i'm not buying the doc claim without some fairly obvious breadcrumbing. I mean, if we had a Doc, wouldnt he have protected Mrfixjj?
That said, its logical to ask for counter-claims.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Moses le fou
Moses le fou
Goon
Moses le fou
Goon
Goon

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:19 am

Post by Moses le fou »

I wasn't sure how to effectively breadcrumb (I didn't want the mafia to figure it out), but I did make this post:
Moses le fou wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
Moses le fou wrote:
WeatheredClown wrote:

Ok... I'll admit to riding on the vibe of the town.

!unvote

Honestly.. one of my strongest suspects is still Alduskkel.. who I admire for having put 5 hours into pouring through the thread (which resulted in a very long email) but then has had very little to say since then other than flinging about fingers of suspicion. What I would like to see is how we could start bringing the group to a consensus, but we all still seem entirely fragmented and unable to make progress.

I've also been suspicious of myfixitj off and on for the entire game, so I should perhaps be a little bit weary persuing votes for my two lead suspects (Alduskkel and BM) since those are also his.
And that's incredibly scummy play.
FOS: WeatheredClown
I dont see how its scummy atall. He acknowledged he was wrong, just like Alduskkel did. Although i wish he'd stop referring to me as one of his lead suspects, when he still has given ANY reason to be suspicious of me. :P

BM
I was saying that riding on the vibe of the town is incredibly scummy play. At best, it's poor town play. It absolves WC of any mistakes he might make because he can say "everybody else was doing it!" Last I checked, we called it bandwagoning in these here parts.

And you're right: him calling you scummy and yet not giving a reason is strange. But I guess all he has to do is apologize for not giving a reason, continue to call you scummy without giving a reason, and that would be good enough for you!

As for Aldu's vote on me:

I brought up the modkill as a best-case scenario for scum-Panamon. And while this is a newbie game, that doesn't mean that this is everybody's first game. It's simply more likely their first game on the site. I know that I've played a few times IRL as well as over a year on another site.

Now, I'm still not sure why you're voting me. You've only explained why you think my argument is wrong. I fail to see how being wrong makes me scummy?

Tell you what: If you present me with a good enough case against somebody else, I will switch my vote. Like I said earlier, it's not like I'm 100% on BM; he's just my #1 suspect. Crysnia's given me vibes, earlier in the game fixij gave me some too. But Panamon was the first person to give me something concrete to work with. From there, I looked at other people and nobody gave me anything as substantial as that. If you two don't agree with it, that's fine, but I believe it. As for afterward, BM's reaction to my arguments have been so caustic that he made me more certain of his scumhood (that, and I wouldn't mind him getting lynched just to shut his fat mouth up ;)).

And great. . . now I'm at L-2. Honestly, I'd be more worried about getting lynched if it weren't for the feeling that all this conversation about L-2 should keep scum from jumping on. But still, I'm worried.

Alduskkel, I have to know: is this a pressure vote or are you voting so I get lynched?
Which was basically me trying to ask Aldu whether I should claim.

Incidentally, I protected Aldu last night. Fixij crossed my mind, but he'd given a couple people mild scum vibes, so thought that the mafia might keep him alive in case they wanted to push for his lynch later.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:56 am

Post by Alduskkel »

BM: What does the setup have to do with anything? Why do you assume that if we had a Doctor, he would protect mrfixij?

Moses: That's not really much of a breadcrumb, but I guess it's better than nothing. It might help if you point out where mrfxij gave people scum vibes.

Thanks for protecting me. But evidently I did not need it. Still though, I'm honored.Image
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:56 am

Post by CF Riot »

MLF I don't know if it's bad luck or if you really are guilty of this, but your last vote looked almost as OMGUS as your vote on me. That said, OP's vote actually looked scummy.

OP, what happened? The situation with MLF has been there since the day began. What happened to your other vote, on Crysnia? You said you suspected her, then said the case on BM was stronger than that. Now MLF trumps both of them for something that we've known for 4 pages? Also, BM is voting MLF. If you think BM is scum, does that mean you think he's bussing MLF? How do those reconcile with each other?
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:04 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

unvote, vote: BM

Just because I think Player A is scummy (BM) doesn't mean I can't vote for Player B because Player A just happens to be voting for them. I don't know anybody's alignment. I don't have proof that BM is scum, so until he flips, I am not going to assume anything. I realize the MLF situation has been there. BM has been voting him since yesterday. I voted MLF yesterday. I decided to put some added pressure. He claimed. I am not willing to lynch an un-counterclaimed doc. Apparently, you do, since your vote is still on him. Do you not believe his claim?

I don't think BM is bussing MLF. It's possible for them to both be scum, but that would mean MLF is lying, which I doubt, so yeah, BM is not bussing. BM has been voting him the entire game, basically. BM is my #1. My vote on Crysnia was kind of stupid. If I could take it back, I would've kept my vote on BM, and not vote Crysnia, but I can't, lol, so, what's done is done. I thought Aldus was onto something, like I've said already, but Crysnia already addressed those issues. CF, congratulations, you're my #2. I don't have a case, nor am I gonna make one today, or tomorrow, on you, but I have a bad feeling about you. Key word: feeling = gut, which is why I won't vote you, because I don't think you should vote off of gut, but gut is a good place to start exploring.

1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Mafia Goon, 7 Vanilla Townies
1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Cop, 1 Doctor, 5 Vanilla Townies
2 Mafia Goons, 1 Cop, 6 Vanilla Townies
2 Mafia Goons, 1 Doctor, 6 VanillaTownies

If MLF is telling the truth, there is 4 townies left (mrfixij makes 5) I know my role, so that leaves 3 townie, 2 scum.

Crysnia
Alduskkel Mastin
CF Riot Scheherazade
Battle Mage Questionmark, Panamon
springlullaby

I think Aldus is town, leaving the pool of:

Crysnia
CF Riot
Battle Mage
springlullaby

I really have no read of sl. So I am just going to mark her as town for now, since I have no suspicion or anything.

Crysnia
CF Riot
Battle Mage

This is the hard part. I know BM is scum. I have a feeling CF is scum too, and even though I voted for her beforehand, I guess that means Crysnia is not scum, but town.

confirm vote: BM

If we're lucky, BM will flip the roleblocker.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”