Newbie 688 - Game Over, Mafia Wins!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Crysnia
Crysnia
Townie
Crysnia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:41 am

Post by Crysnia »

I would also like to
FOS: Springlullabye
for lurking. I've noticed her viewing the forum/thread multiple times throughout the past couple of hours and she has added nothing to the game. Why? Because if she is scum, it is better to have the attention elsewhere.

=======================================
Page 24 Votecount

Crysnia: (1/4) Alduskkel,
Alduskkel: (1/4) Crysnia,
Moses le fou: (0/4)
CF Riot: (0/4)
Battle Mage: (1/4) orangepenguin
springlullaby: (0/4)
orangepenguin: (0/4)

Not Voting: (4/7) Moses le fou, CF Riot, Battle Mage, springlullaby,

With 7 alive, it's 4 to lynch!
=======================================
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:25 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

CF Riot wrote: OP, do you support the WC lynch or disagree with it and why? Why did you not have a vote out yesterday when the ball dropped? Who would it have been on and why?
No, I did not support it. I really didn't think WC was the scummiest person. I am a bit annoyed that they didn't even claim when they were so close to being lynched though. I didn't have a vote on anybody because I wasn't confident on any particular person. I think the wagon on WC was very scum driven, considering how much it grew so fast though. The ball dropped really fast though, but it would not have been on WC, I am afraid. Maybe BM or Adulskki.

As for my vote on BM, he replaced Panonom, whose actions were questionable. I really didn't think BM was scum, but reviewing Day 1, I feel like he's actually a good choice for now for my vote. I thought this time, I would get my vote out there first, act later.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:28 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

That is strange about springlullaby. If she is possibly reading the thread, she could quickly put together a sentence or two, about her thoughts, or something.

Also, I forgot to mention the deadline - I think the deadline really rushed everything. I don't think I was online on Sunday. By the time I read the thread, WC was dead. That also explains my lack of vote during deadline.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:30 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Let's take a step back for a moment.

mrfixij's statement was that a mislynch is better than an accurate lynch if it yields more information. He says this in Post 449.

But then you twisted it around and claimed that he was saying it was always better to lynch a Town person in Post 450.

So, in conclusion, you twisted his words.
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:30 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Damnit, OP somehow got 2 posts in before mine...
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:36 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

orangepenguin wrote:I really didn't think WC was the scummiest person.
Does this mean that you did indeed think he was scummy?

And please bear in mind that being on a Town lynch doesn't make you scum. Case in point with mrfixij.

Interesting points about SL.
orangepenguin wrote:Adulskki.
Oh come on.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:37 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Alduskkel wrote:Let's take a step back for a moment.

mrfixij's statement was that a mislynch is better than an accurate lynch if it yields more information. He says this in Post 449.

But then you twisted it around and claimed that he was saying it was always better to lynch a Town person in Post 450.

Good catch!

unvote, vote: Crysnia
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:45 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Alduskkel wrote:Let's take a step back for a moment.

Good catch!

unvote, vote: Crysnia
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:47 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

^You can say that again. And you did! Heh.
Moses le fou
Moses le fou
Goon
Moses le fou
Goon
Goon

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:58 pm

Post by Moses le fou »

CF Riot wrote:That's a pretty unsatisfactory answer. What did you learn from his flip, who do you suspect now, night wifom, etc.? I'm going to go ahead and quote these for effect, because they will come up eventually.
CF Riot wrote:Vote: WeatheredClown L-1.
<------ (arrow added)
springlullaby wrote:But yeah, Weather your cue to claim is now if you want to.
Moses le fou wrote:Anyways, in the interest of consensus, I'll switch my vote over.
Does not follow your claim of "whoops, sorry."
Sorry, I didn't notice the L-1. And I thought that if we didn't get the hammer vote, it'd be better to have four votes on WC than three if that's what killed him. I'd been hinting that I was going to switch over to WC if that's where the consensus lied for a while now and I wanted to follow through on that. It's a morale thing, where if he had flipped scum we could have gone into today with the confidence that we'd come to the conclusion together. It's more a psychological thing than an on-paper strategy, but I thought it'd help. Instead, I hammered the cop.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:38 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Moses: What do you think of my case against Crysnia?

I'm not really sure what to make of your hammer.
Moses le fou
Moses le fou
Goon
Moses le fou
Goon
Goon

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:49 pm

Post by Moses le fou »

I don't think she so much twisted fixij's words as misunderstood them. More than anything, Crysnia has struck me as skittish, afraid of making any bold moves. Thinking fiixj was either off his rocker or scum for suggesting that a mislynch might be better for us in the long run fits the general MO she's given all game.

However, I she has pinged my radar a couple times, most notably when she tried to turn fixij's grilling of her into mentioning the potential fixij/SL pairing that Schez and I brought up earlier. In light of fixij being proven town, it does look like Crysnia might've been scum trying to avoid any scrutiny, but, again, it could be her acting skittish.

Crysnia and Schez (now CF) probably had the most animosity with fixij, which does make them a tad more suspicious. Can you think of anybody who looks more town based on WC? SL professed not buying the wagon on him. Anybody else?

Oh, and I likely won't be able to get on again until late on the 21st.
Crysnia
Crysnia
Townie
Crysnia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:09 am

Post by Crysnia »

I've already explained over and over again what was going on between me and mrfixij. There is nothing else that I can possibly say. If you are going to lynch me then you are going to lynch me. You are all wrong about me being scum. Moses is correct about me being skittish, every time I said something people especially fixij pounced on me.

But I would at least like to hear from Spring about her lurking.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:09 am

Post by Battle Mage »

sorry, was unexpectedly without internet access for a few days. Have glanced through what i missed. Can't believe we managed to string up the Cop on Day 1, but will comment properly tonight or tomorrow.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:33 am

Post by Battle Mage »

will have to be tomorow now, sorry. Just had enough time today to announce my continued existence in all games.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:54 am

Post by springlullaby »

V/LA dec 20 to janv 2

I read thread often, post less often.

I have no good POV on this game. Too much WIFOM. Performance anxiety maybe.

BUT I've decided that OP is the most likely scum right now.

Day 1 was less than stellar, and his 577 feels way off.

I'm no longer sold on crynia scum, I think it is really her personality.

I don't like Alduskkel but last time I played with him, I was wrong in my read.

Vote OP
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:20 am

Post by orangepenguin »

Why were you active lurking before? I don't see how my 577 was off at all. Do you disagree? Your basis for voting me is laughable, I must say. =/
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:37 pm

Post by CF Riot »

MLF, you didn't really answer any of my questions earlier. Did the WC flip tell you anything? What is your opinion of Fixit being NKed? What leads do you have today? New; is your read on OP low content town, lurker scum, or something else?

Aldy, do you have any read on OP?

OP, why vote Crysnia now when all this "word twisting" was going on yesterday? What happened to your BM vote? Still scummy but Crys is scummier, or no longer scummy to you?
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:50 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

CF - The both are my top 2, but right now, I am voting Crys, who I believe is scummier by just a hair. I also think sl's lurking is kind of suspicious too, but I don't think it's a scum tell, so, ergo, she is not a suspect.

As for your MLF question - I am a low content town. It's not something I try to do, but I do anyways, as kind of a habit. You've played with me before, in Open 80 - Double Day. LF made a case on me for that, and I was lynched as town because of it. It's never really an indicative of my allignment, just my interest level. The games I am interested in tend to be those were I am involved heavily, either as a suspect or powerrole. Usually, I become involved due to my low activity or content, because I am called out for it, and then a wagon emerges, and usually, that causes me to become more involved in some way or another. Sometimes I am scum, but usually, I am town. In this case, I am town, not that it changes anything, since I am not confirmed, so it's a moot point. I hope that explains that for those who haven't played with me before.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:37 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

CF Riot wrote:Aldy, do you have any read on OP?
Normally I would be suspicious of OP due to his pre-placed excuse that essentially gives him something of a pass for the first two days (Post 379) but I'm not due to something mrfixij said in Post 272:
mrfixij wrote:Judging by the other games I've played with orange, he's fitting his meta perfectly right now. 1-2 pages of posts for 10+ pages of discussion, generally 1 liners and minor contributions unless the discussion shifts directly to him.
So yeah, that pretty much excuses OP's behavior.

Might want to ask BM about OP, given that OP says BM has played with him before, as noted in Post 379. He probably has a good idea of OP's play style.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:49 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

springlullaby wrote:V/LA dec 20 to janv 2

I read thread often, post less often.

I have no good POV on this game. Too much WIFOM. Performance anxiety maybe.

BUT I've decided that OP is the most likely scum right now.

Day 1 was less than stellar, and his 577 feels way off.

I'm no longer sold on crynia scum, I think it is really her personality.

I don't like Alduskkel but last time I played with him, I was wrong in my read.

Vote OP
What don't you like about OP? What's wrong with his Day 1 play? What's wrong with Post 577? What don't you like about me?
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:07 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Moses le fou wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
Moses le fou wrote:
mrfixij wrote:I know it's not an empirical grounds, but if you look at the momentum shift when WC placed a vote on BM, it doesn't seem like bussing. Between WC and Crysania, they seem to be expressing an impatience with the day and urging it to be over sooner. Then BM's wagon seems to be losing steam, so WC tries to rebuild momentum on a BM wagon by putting him at L-1. I'm very tempted to unvote right now just because I think a lynch is premature.

Consider this. WC claims to be riding the vibe of town. Riding the vibe. This indicates some kind of distancing from town, as if she is not a part of it, but instead trying to find what it is that town is collectively feeling and becoming part of it. I consider this to be a soft scumclaim. Especially with the slightly scummy exchange between WC and Crysania (another high-pri suspect of mine) and the momentum shift which became evident when WC voted for BM. In fact, I'm going to take the initiative and undo that momentum swing.

unvote: BM
Vote: weathered Clown

Quit riding the vibe and start playing the part, if you're town. If you're scum, I'm more than happy to lynch you.
I think the part about "riding the vibe of the town" is a reach. It's an apparent synonym for going with the consensus. I see nothing wrong with referring to the town as an entity.

Also, the game has been deadlined and you think that a lynch would be premature?
Why do you claim that 'riding the vibe of the town' is a reach, when the person the comment was made about, has admitted that it is a valid criticism?

BM
Sorry, I meant that paragraph from your post was a reach. That whole viewing the town as a separate entity bit.

Anyways, in the interest of consensus, I'll switch my vote over.

Unvote
Vote: WeatheredClown
Eurgh. I hate to think of this as a scumtell, but given WC's role, it doesnt sit well with me. How close were we to the deadline?

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:16 am

Post by Battle Mage »

CF Riot wrote:
Mod:
Votecount at the top of this page needs editing.

I'm actually glad Fixit died, (no offense to you personally =]) because I thought he was probable scum today. He was crying "cop" a lot D1, which made me think he was cop at first. Then when WC flipped I thought Fixit might have been scum trying to fake-crumb cop (WC had been voting Fixit, so I figured he might have picked up on this as well.) So there's my useless insights from yesterday.
FoS: CF Riot

I was just about to say that Mrfixjj dying was a towntell for you, given that you had attacked him just before the end of the day. But if you felt he was a Cop, that gives you some motive.
CF Riot wrote: Moses has some explaining to do for hammering a Cop pre-claim. That's the big issue for today I think.
I dont think his role should figure into it too much. Regardless of affiliation, he couldnt have known WC's role.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:24 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Moses le fou wrote:Sorry, that was a mistake on my part. I forgot to add CF's vote to my mental vote count, so I thought I was putting him at L-1. I wanted him there because I thought it'd be better for morale's sake that if we reached the deadline we have something closer to a majority. And, well, I thought that if anybody put the hammer on him it'd give us a prime suspect. Ironic, huh?
Not buying it.
Vote: Moses Le Fou

CF Riot's 558 is spot on about you.
orangepenguin wrote:
CF Riot wrote: OP, do you support the WC lynch or disagree with it and why? Why did you not have a vote out yesterday when the ball dropped? Who would it have been on and why?
No, I did not support it. I really didn't think WC was the scummiest person. I am a bit annoyed that they didn't even claim when they were so close to being lynched though. I didn't have a vote on anybody because I wasn't confident on any particular person. I think the wagon on WC was very scum driven, considering how much it grew so fast though. The ball dropped really fast though, but it would not have been on WC, I am afraid. Maybe BM or Adulskki.

As for my vote on BM, he replaced Panonom, whose actions were questionable. I really didn't think BM was scum, but reviewing Day 1, I feel like he's actually a good choice for now for my vote. I thought this time, I would get my vote out there first, act later.
Questionnable? That's it? I should note that this vote was made in response to pressure on you at the start of today. You think i'm an easy wagon right? So easy you dont even need to explain why i am scummy! :D

FoS: OrangePenguin

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:25 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Alduskkel wrote:
orangepenguin wrote:I really didn't think WC was the scummiest person.
Does this mean that you did indeed think he was scummy?

And please bear in mind that being on a Town lynch doesn't make you scum. Case in point with mrfixij.

Interesting points about SL.
orangepenguin wrote:Adulskki.
Oh come on.
rofl! :lol:

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10