Newbie 688 - Game Over, Mafia Wins!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:05 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Can springlullaby be replaced?

=======================================
Page 27 Votecount

Crysnia: (1/4) Alduskkel,
Alduskkel: (1/4) Crysnia,
Moses le fou: (2/4) Battle Mage, CF Riot,
CF Riot: (0/4)
Battle Mage: (1/4) orangepenguin
springlullaby: (0/4)
orangepenguin: (2/4) springlullaby, Moses le fou,

Not Voting: (0/7)

With 7 alive, it's 4 to lynch!
=======================================
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:45 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

I'm not liking how you are spreading suspicion onto CF Riot without even backing it up with any sort of evidence at all.

When SL should be replaced is at the Mod's discretion. He just prodded her (Post 640), and it is the Holidays. Let's give her a few days. Why so hasty for a replacement, OP?

And what's up with this OP? Enlarged text is the part that matters.
orangepenguin wrote:
unvote, vote: BM

Just because I think Player A is scummy (BM) doesn't mean I can't vote for Player B because Player A just happens to be voting for them. I don't know anybody's alignment. I don't have proof that BM is scum, so until he flips,
I am not going to assume anything.
I realize the MLF situation has been there. BM has been voting him since yesterday. I voted MLF yesterday. I decided to put some added pressure. He claimed. I am not willing to lynch an un-counterclaimed doc. Apparently, you do, since your vote is still on him. Do you not believe his claim?

I don't think BM is bussing MLF. It's possible for them to both be scum, but that would mean MLF is lying, which I doubt, so yeah, BM is not bussing. BM has been voting him the entire game, basically. BM is my #1. My vote on Crysnia was kind of stupid. If I could take it back, I would've kept my vote on BM, and not vote Crysnia, but I can't, lol, so, what's done is done. I thought Aldus was onto something, like I've said already, but Crysnia already addressed those issues. CF, congratulations, you're my #2. I don't have a case, nor am I gonna make one today, or tomorrow, on you, but I have a bad feeling about you. Key word: feeling = gut, which is why I won't vote you, because I don't think you should vote off of gut, but gut is a good place to start exploring.

1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Mafia Goon, 7 Vanilla Townies
1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Cop, 1 Doctor, 5 Vanilla Townies
2 Mafia Goons, 1 Cop, 6 Vanilla Townies
2 Mafia Goons, 1 Doctor, 6 VanillaTownies

If MLF is telling the truth, there is 4 townies left (mrfixij makes 5) I know my role, so that leaves 3 townie, 2 scum.

Crysnia
Alduskkel Mastin
CF Riot Scheherazade
Battle Mage Questionmark, Panamon
springlullaby

I think Aldus is town, leaving the pool of:

Crysnia
CF Riot
Battle Mage
springlullaby

I really have no read of sl. So I am just going to mark her as town for now, since I have no suspicion or anything.

Crysnia
CF Riot
Battle Mage

This is the hard part.
I know BM is scum.
I have a feeling CF is scum too, and even though I voted for her beforehand, I guess that means Crysnia is not scum, but town.

confirm vote: BM

If we're lucky, BM will flip the roleblocker.
It seems to be a blatant contradiction.

I won't pass judgment on MLF's claim until this is answered:
Alduskkel wrote:It might help if you point out where mrfxij gave people scum vibes.
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:48 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

BREAKING NEWS: I saw SL online. She may post soon after this.
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:51 pm

Post by springlullaby »

Yes, I'm here, rereading.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:53 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Called it. No need for replacement, OP.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:34 pm

Post by springlullaby »

I believe Moses atm.

I've changed my mind about OP, his last post reads natural independently of content.

I still don't like Alduskel.

But I think BM has indeed being playing subpar this entire game.

CF is faring better.

I'm open to lynch either Alduskel or BM.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:35 pm

Post by springlullaby »

Unvote, Vote Alduskel
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:39 pm

Post by springlullaby »

BTW, I'd like to know what CF thinks of me.

And what he thinks of Schez's play.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:53 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Alduskkel wrote:What don't you like about me?
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:57 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Alduskkel wrote:I'm not liking how you are spreading suspicion onto CF Riot without even backing it up with any sort of evidence at all.

When SL should be replaced is at the Mod's discretion. He just prodded her (Post 640), and it is the Holidays. Let's give her a few days. Why so hasty for a replacement, OP?

And what's up with this OP? Enlarged text is the part that matters.
I am just indicating my suspicions. That way, when I do present a case or place a vote on them, this is a prior indication of my suspicions, because I tend to keep that hidden, and I always end up being killed, and that person who I felt was scum, but never said anything, always got away with it all, and won.

About SL. It was just a request. I noticed in my last post that she hasn't posted in a while. I was aware that she was V/LA, but wasn't sure, and she hadn't posted in quite a while. Now that she is back, the replacement is definitely not necessary, and neither is a prod. Why so hasty? It might because of the lack of activity.

Enlarged text portion: True, they kind of contradict eachother, if you put them together, but I don't really think so. I am not going to assume things like bussing and distancing between BM and MLF, just because I voted them in the past 24 hours. I do think BM is scum, I really do. "I know" was technically an assumption. Okay, I don't "know", you caught me. By know, I mean "I really really think I am right". :roll: :oops:
Moses le fou
Moses le fou
Goon
Moses le fou
Goon
Goon

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:10 pm

Post by Moses le fou »

CF Riot wrote:MLF I don't know if it's bad luck or if you really are guilty of this, but your last vote looked almost as OMGUS as your vote on me. That said, OP's vote actually looked scummy.

OP, what happened? The situation with MLF has been there since the day began. What happened to your other vote, on Crysnia? You said you suspected her, then said the case on BM was stronger than that. Now MLF trumps both of them for something that we've known for 4 pages? Also, BM is voting MLF. If you think BM is scum, does that mean you think he's bussing MLF? How do those reconcile with each other?
My vote on you was mostly pressure because I found your contradiction strange. Same with my vote on penguin.

And give me a second to findd some of that stuff on fixij.
Moses le fou
Moses le fou
Goon
Moses le fou
Goon
Goon

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:14 pm

Post by Moses le fou »

CF Riot wrote:MLF I don't know if it's bad luck or if you really are guilty of this, but your last vote looked almost as OMGUS as your vote on me. That said, OP's vote actually looked scummy.

OP, what happened? The situation with MLF has been there since the day began. What happened to your other vote, on Crysnia? You said you suspected her, then said the case on BM was stronger than that. Now MLF trumps both of them for something that we've known for 4 pages? Also, BM is voting MLF. If you think BM is scum, does that mean you think he's bussing MLF? How do those reconcile with each other?
My vote on you was mostly pressure because I found your contradiction strange. Same with my vote on penguin.

And give me a second to find some of that stuff on fixij.
Moses le fou
Moses le fou
Goon
Moses le fou
Goon
Goon

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:26 pm

Post by Moses le fou »

I genuinely think you were revising your earlier opinion on me to get me lynched. However, I thin, penguin's wagoning is much more suspicious.

As for fixij's potential scumminess, it was largely that stuff where people suspected he was buddying up with springlullaby. If you want me to find those posts (your predecessor was the first proponent of this theory), I can.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:38 am

Post by Alduskkel »

Moses le fou wrote:As for fixij's potential scumminess, it was largely that stuff where people suspected he was buddying up with springlullaby. If you want me to find those posts (your predecessor was the first proponent of this theory), I can.
Nah, I remember that stuff. No need.

I'm inclined to believe MLF's claim, since he has given a valid reason for not protecting mrfixij. One more question: Why did you protect me?
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:30 am

Post by CF Riot »

SL, I've been holding my opinion of you because neither of us have had much direct dialogue. Everything you've said came before I replaced. I'd like to know what you find scummy about Aldy. I have a neutral, maybe slight town read.

I got a town read from Zade before I read my role PM, so I think he did just fine. The thing that got pressed the most was the whole "rule-break" tryst, which I thought was pointless. I don't think it indicated scumminess either way (him or Pan). Is there something specific you had problems with?

Also, what does this quote,
I've changed my mind about OP, his last post reads natural independently of content.
mean? I don't think it's suspicious, I just don't understand what it means.
----
orangepenguin wrote:CF, congratulations, you're my #2. I don't have a case, nor am I gonna make one today, or tomorrow, on you.
This is lol. Also, notice SL gets off because no-read = town-read, and Crys gets off because... well just because I have to be the number 2. =]
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:01 pm

Post by CF Riot »

Mod: Please prod
Crysnia and BM.

Bump?
Moses le fou
Moses le fou
Goon
Moses le fou
Goon
Goon

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:30 pm

Post by Moses le fou »

Hey, the site's back!
Moses le fou
Moses le fou
Goon
Moses le fou
Goon
Goon

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:33 pm

Post by Moses le fou »

Alduskkel wrote:
Moses le fou wrote:As for fixij's potential scumminess, it was largely that stuff where people suspected he was buddying up with springlullaby. If you want me to find those posts (your predecessor was the first proponent of this theory), I can.
Nah, I remember that stuff. No need.

I'm inclined to believe MLF's claim, since he has given a valid reason for not protecting mrfixij. One more question:
Why did you protect me?
You were the most vocal. Even if people had their suspicions about you (BM was the only person that I recall voicing any and you know how I feel about him), killing you would have still been beneficial towards shutting down discussion.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:50 am

Post by vollkan »

Prodding BM.

Crysnia hasn't picked the previous prod I sent a few days before the crash, so I am now seeking a replacement.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:00 am

Post by Battle Mage »

sorry, im here. been avoiding all games bar 1 for a while now, because i didnt have time to read them lol. Don't worry SL, im back now, and more "subpar" than ever...

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:36 am

Post by Battle Mage »

orangepenguin wrote:I feel BM is a better choice. Anyways, who voted who first? Aldus or Crysnia? Because there might be a little OMGUS behind that.
Sounds like a bit of a stretch to me. I mean, why didnt you pick up on this originally? I still feel like you're fighting the facts in order to get me lynched.
OrangePenguin wrote: Don't know what is so odd about my comment about BM. Yesterday, tons of people were voting for Pan/him - if I were supposively trying to jump on an easy lynch (in which case, MLF would be the easy one), I could've voted BM yesterday when he was the wagon of the moment. Eh, just my honest opinion.
I believe i already explained why it is logical for Scum-OP to let me survive yesterday, but try to bump me off today. I'm not going to get into semantic scumtells. But i find it quite likely that you see me as something of a compromise lynch, if nobody else better is put forward. Your actions today fit that image precisely, and i cant see how you can be town and seriously expect us to believe you think i am scum... :roll:

Unvote, Vote: OP

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:36 am

Post by Alduskkel »

Maybe Crysnia's replacement can answer my accusations.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:39 am

Post by Battle Mage »

orangepenguin wrote:I honestly don't know. I probably shouldn't have. At the time, I thought you were onto something good, mixed in with some subconscious omgus probably. As an IC, I am doing a terrible job. So..instead of learning from me, do the opposite! Don't be as compulsive. But I thought you had something good, but now that I have thought things over, your case isn't that case.

However, your vote on Crysnia is 10x more warranted than there vote on you.
Acknowledging you are all of over the place is acceptable, if you intend to work on it. It doesnt fly as an excuse alone for poor play. I dont even think you are following the game in detail. You seem to think that cruising and pretending ur reading is good enough.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:41 am

Post by Battle Mage »

orangepenguin wrote:
unvote, vote: MLF

L-1. He quickly hammered WC.
0.0 WTF??
Vote stands. Why come back to this now?

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:44 am

Post by CF Riot »

BM, do you believe MLF's doc claim? Why/why not?

Aldy, pretend Crysnia isn't in the game. Who would you be voting and why?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”