Newbie 688 - Game Over, Mafia Wins!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:13 am

Post by Battle Mage »

CF Riot wrote:
Ha, I
was
coaching. I thought he was town. ALL GAME. This was like, a personal low for me as far as finding scum goes. Pan and BM set off flags on my initial read of the game, but by D2 BM just sank further and further down the list and I was seeing ghost scum everywhere.
BM wrote:Whoever had me pegged as the No-Kill'er was spot on. xD
Me, but I thought SL was just as likely. I think the first No-K was a good move, but why on earth didn't you No-K again after we No-lynched? That was just a huge waste of time.
simple. Because we had a better idea of who to kill in order to progress the game in our favour. Townies keeping their cards close to their chest was not something we wanted.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Mastin
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Unabridged
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:31 am

Post by Mastin »

I hate getting lynched.
Don't we all? ;)
Al wrote: vollkan, what are your thoughts on the game overall? On individual players?
[/color]
Yet another victim to the quote tag typos. How many of those have been in this game? Over a hundred, I'd guess.

As a side note I found rather creepy, mrfixij, me, and Moses all joined immediately after the other(in that order), and we all ended up in the same game. Looks like the middle man managed to...hey, know any m-words for 'newbie reeking scum'? :P
I'm back! Well, kind-of.
No Access on Weekends
. :/
Advid reader/contributor to MD, as I'm far better in theory than I am in reality. :P

True to my word, I'm retiring. Totally not me. :P
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:48 am

Post by Alduskkel »

Night 1 Conversation:
Alduskkel wrote:Yay, we got the Cop! Now there's no danger of us getting investigated.

Anyway, who should we kill? Who should I roleblock? What's our plan for Day 2?

I think we should kill mrfixij. He's a logical player, and not attracting much suspicion either. I think he will eventually catch on to us. Just look at Post 336, specifically this quote:
mrfixij wrote:I am becoming increasingly confident that between BM and Ald, one is scum.
What are your thoughts?
Battle Mage wrote:Yup. I've been sure for a while that Mrfixjj is the obvious N1 lynch (if i survived that long lol). He's been breadcrumbing power role like its nobodies business. We definitely have a Doc out there, and id put decent odds on it being him. As there isnt much chance of 1 of us being protected, we needn't worry too much about No-Kill ing.
But Mrfixxjj will be an issue later, and i agree that he should be our target tonight. That said, we need some sort of strategy to tackle people like Moses. And more importantly, YOU NEED TO BE MORE DECISIVE. Bussing is a terrible idea on Day 1 when we are under loads of pressure. Ideally, we dont want to do it tomorrow either. And if you do bus, make sure you have a solid case. You'll be able to tell if i'm up against it, at which point, you may feel free to bus me like stink. If we dont kill the cop tonight, you dying would confirm a Doc, which isnt good for us either.

BM
Alduskkel wrote:Okay, so we've agreed on who to kill. Now who should I roleblock?

As for Day 2, I was going to try to gun after Crysnia. I've already built up a case on her in Post 509. I'll try to be more decisive.

I don't really understand what you mean here:
Battle Mage wrote:If we dont kill the cop tonight, you dying would confirm a Doc, which isnt good for us either.
The cop is already dead, and I don't understand why me dying would confirm a doctor.

I'm not really sure what we should do about Moses. If we're really concerned about him then we can kill him instead of mrfixij. It's easy enough to play the WIFOM of, "Oh, the Mafia just killed him to frame Battle Mage!" or just point out that it's WIFOM.

Obviously we need to put a stop to Moses's gunning after you. I'm not really sure how, though. What are your thoughts?
Battle Mage wrote:I meant 'doc'. sorry. lol

I dont think Moses is being taken seriously enough. We can theoretically string him up tomorrow, if we work together.

I dont mind who you roleblock. Maybe block somebody who would be likely to protect Mrfixjj?

BM
Alduskkel wrote:I'll roleblock springlullaby. She seems like the kind of person who would protect mrfixij. They certainly agree a fair amount.

The problem with me turning on Moses is that I already said he was logical in Post 522. It would be a bit awkward for me to change my stance again.
<time lapse>
Alduskkel wrote:If you don't respond soon I'll go ahead and send in the NK and RB choices and go after Crysnia on Day 2.
Battle Mage wrote:Ok cheers. sorry, was unexpectedly without internet access for a few days. :(

BM
Night 2 Conversation:
Alduskkel wrote:Okay, the obvious roleblock is MLF. But I'm not sure who we should kill...

Our choices are:
springlullaby
Moses le fou
CF Riot
mrfixij

Now killing SL would be a huge weight off my back, but it would be suspicious. I could play the WIFOM maybe, but first impressions count.

My case on mrfixij (formerly Crysnia) doesn't seem to be picking up steam, which is odd because I do think I've proven that Crysnia twisted mrfixij's words. So given that people don't seem to think of him as scum, mrfixij would be a valid kill. As I said before, he's logical and he has a better chance of catching on if you ask me.

We could kill MLF so you don't have to deal with a possible Doctor protection if I get lynched on Day 3.

CF Riot might get lynched... though I really don't see where the Town is coming from when they're voting for him. Not sure if he'll keep being scummy to people for long.

What's our Day 3 plan going to be?

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Please message me back soon!
Note: Between this PM and the next, Battle Mage hadn't posted anywhere in a while, so I PM'd vollkan about prodding/replacing him.
Battle Mage wrote:
Alduskkel wrote:Okay, the obvious roleblock is MLF. But I'm not sure who we should kill...

Our choices are:
springlullaby
Moses le fou
CF Riot
mrfixij

Now killing SL would be a huge weight off my back, but it would be suspicious. I could play the WIFOM maybe, but first impressions count.

My case on mrfixij (formerly Crysnia) doesn't seem to be picking up steam, which is odd because I do think I've proven that Crysnia twisted mrfixij's words. So given that people don't seem to think of him as scum, mrfixij would be a valid kill. As I said before, he's logical and he has a better chance of catching on if you ask me.
both valid points.
Alduskkel wrote: We could kill MLF so you don't have to deal with a possible Doctor protection if I get lynched on Day 3.
not an issue, given that id just kill him. :P

Why did you try to have me replaced? also, why are we not No-Killing?

BM
Alduskkel wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:Why did you try to have me replaced?
You hadn't posted anywhere in 3 days, and I didn't specifically ask for you to be replaced at all. My wording was:
Alduskkel wrote:Could you please prod him? Or even, replace him?
Battle Mage wrote:also, why are we not No-Killing?
I'll admit that I didn't consider not killing, but I don't see the benefit unless you think MLF will target one of us and then assume that the Mafia targeted you/me and that you're/I'm innocent. The flaw in that plan though is MLF knows there is a Roleblocker (namely me) and that they'll target him (which I will). So it wouldn't make sense for his protection to go to through. So MLF would likely assume that we just didn't kill.

Furthermore if we don't kill we can't quick hammer if a Townperson votes for a Townperson.

On the flip side, if we don't kill the Town will have more choices, meaning we have more ways to hide.

Finally, the Town might just go No Lynch.

What do you think?
Battle Mage wrote:we can vote no lynch and wifom them out. more choices sounds good.

BM
Alduskkel wrote:If no lynch happens will we send in a No Kill? If so, we risk a ...and they all lived happily ever after scenario and I don't really like that. And more Town People means more people we have to trick.
Battle Mage wrote:if no lynch happens, we discuss again. but we buy ourselves some cred during the day.

BM
Alduskkel wrote:Sounds like a plan. Anything else we should discuss? If not, I'll send in our choices and tell vollkan he can end the Night without further delay.
<time lapse>
Alduskkel wrote:With less than half an hour to deadline, I'm sending in the No Kill choice.
Battle Mage wrote:good lad.

BM
Night 3 Conversation:
Alduskkel wrote:I hope my little post before the day ended helped.

Anyway, who do you think we should kill tonight, if anyone? What's the plan for Day 4?

Here's a possible strategy: We kill springlullaby, you bus me Day 4, then kill Moses on Night 4 and go for an endgame with CF Riot and mrfixij. The reason for killing SL would be so she doesn't overshadow you when you bus me.

I feel there are few plans that result in both my survival on Day 4 and spring living to the next day.

Still though, I'd like to have a plan where I survive.

What do you think?
Battle Mage wrote:Yeh i was thinking your way tbh. Spring needs to die now, as i think he'll be a pain in the arse to lynch.

send a Spring Kill, and we'd better block Moses just in case. :P

BM
Alduskkel wrote:Okay then. Are you going to bus me or not? If you are, how much of a fight do you want me to put up?
Battle Mage wrote:I dont know! Ill do what i have to do. To play like a townie you have to think like a townie. Whatever you do, dont draw attention to a special connection between us. :P

If atall possible, ill keep you alive.

BM
<time lapse>
Alduskkel wrote:I sent our kill and roleblock choices in, just so you know.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:26 am

Post by orangepenguin »

Wow..I blame myself Mastin wasn't lynched Day 1. I didn't want to jump on him, because I thought it was a newbie mistake, and gave him a pass when I shouldn't have. Oops.

Sorry for tunneling on CF. At least I was right about BM.

Um, sorry SL. My scum claim thing was an attempt at catching scum. It ended up hurting you. Oh well.
I
was going to replace back in, but YOU stole my spot! :(lol.

Um, good job scum.
Mastin
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Unabridged

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:47 am

Post by Mastin »

It WAS a newbie mistake, one that I would've made regardless of role. But fixij was correct in that, even though it was likely newbie town, I was the most scummy and should've been lynched. Early on, I honestly thought that either Pana or I would be killed during the day, and that the other would be lynched the next day for a landslide town victory. That's how scummy we were, in my eyes. BM, however, played extremely well, his plays getting better over time, in my opinion. Aldu was the opposite, who started off playing extremely well, in my opinion, but then made, as has been pointed out, a few too many scumslips.
I'm back! Well, kind-of.
No Access on Weekends
Advid reader/contributor to MD, as I'm far better in theory than I am in reality. :P

orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:26 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

The first page is all weird, but was the original scum team Mastin and Panamon?

OMG. All the odds were stacked against you.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:05 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Yes. The initial setup was:
Mastin - Mafia Roleblocker
Panamon - Mafia Goon
WeatheredClown - Cop
Moses le fou - Doctor
springlullaby - Vanilla Townie
Scheherazade - Vanilla Townie
orangepenguin - Vanilla Townie
Crysnia - Vanilla Townie
mrfixij - Vanilla Townie
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:46 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

LOL. I can't believe we lost then, because EVERYONE ..except me of course :(, seemed to be suspicious of the two of them Day 1.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:27 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Battle Mage wrote:
Alduskkel wrote: Myself: Stop accidentally admitting people are Town.
Rofl, theres more to add here methinks! More importantly than that, DONT KEEP CHANGING YOUR MIND. The amount of times after joining the game that you made a vague accusation, and then backtracked completely, was ridiculous. As we've seen here, townies do get tunnel visioned. You were the exact opposite.
Perhaps, and I did try to stop changing my mind on Day 2, but ultimately it was the fact that I kept exposing that I was Informed that I think did me in.
Moses le fou
Moses le fou
Goon
Moses le fou
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:46 am

Post by Moses le fou »

Ugh, I was convinced that Aldu and BM weren't partners because I couldn't understand while they would decide to bus each other, especially when it wouldn't have been hard to convince CF to vote for me and then they could jump on.

I should have considered that the mafia would be too concerned with who was suspicious of them (like their initial fear of me back in night one) to really think that way. Obviously, it's good strategy for scum to think like town, but maybe town thinking like scum has its merits too!
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:31 pm

Post by springlullaby »

CF Riot wrote:
Ha, I
was
coaching. I thought he was town. ALL GAME. This was like, a personal low for me as far as finding scum goes. Pan and BM set off flags on my initial read of the game, but by D2 BM just sank further and further down the list and I was seeing ghost scum everywhere.
1. That's why newbies are ebul. You think they are just awkward, wet behind the ears cutelings who need your wise and magnanimous guidance. You give them your trust. And they turn out to be backstabbing, agenda driven little vermin, as bloodthirsty if not more as any regular player.

2. This game prove once more that, for a townie, instinctual gut-twisting hatred for lurkers is a prime virtue.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:51 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

springlullaby wrote:backstabbing, agenda driven little vermin, as bloodthirsty if not more as any regular player.
I didn't stab anyone in the back. :P
springlullaby wrote:2. This game prove once more that, for a townie, instinctual gut-twisting hatred for lurkers is a prime virtue.
Why?
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:13 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

CF Riot: Why did you think I was Town when I was constantly exposing how Informed I was?
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:44 am

Post by springlullaby »

Alduskkel wrote:
springlullaby wrote:2. This game prove once more that, for a townie, instinctual gut-twisting hatred for lurkers is a prime virtue.
Why?
I had BM on my 'dar too, before his vanishing act made him slowly slide the background.

Btw Aldusskel, reading the scum QT, I think you are a pretty good scum strategist and communicates well in night talk. With just a little more practice at avoiding the most common day game pitfalls, you could be really good scum.
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:21 am

Post by CF Riot »

I didn't really think what you were doing was exposing anything. Generally, when you talk about another player you're not suspicious of, it's a given that you're assuming they're town. If I remember right, in this game you were saying something like SL had tunnel vision, which implied that he was town even though you shouldn't know for sure he was. That didn't seem like a slip to me, it just seemed like you were concerned that another player had tunnel vision. I don't remember, it's been a long time since we finished this game. Why are you two posting here again all of a sudden? Why did I noticed it? Lol.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:46 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

CF Riot wrote:I didn't really think what you were doing was exposing anything. Generally, when you talk about another player you're not suspicious of, it's a given that you're assuming they're town. If I remember right, in this game you were saying something like SL had tunnel vision, which implied that he was town even though you shouldn't know for sure he was. That didn't seem like a slip to me, it just seemed like you were concerned that another player had tunnel vision.
The fact that I didn't point this out should have said something, since if I was Town this would have been the first thing I'd have said, since presumably that would have been my reason for doing it.
CF Riot wrote:I don't remember, it's been a long time since we finished this game. Why are you two posting here again all of a sudden? Why did I noticed it? Lol.
springlullaby bumped it, so I figured it was okay to talk a bit more about the game.

Oh, and by the way, Crysnia is back. Not sure if you guys care or anything.
Mastin
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Unabridged

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:09 am

Post by Mastin »

Aldusk wrote:Oh, and by the way, Crysnia is back. Not sure if you guys care or anything.
I do care, as I much prefer to see players I have played with, and rather enjoy seeing them come back. Mrfixij and Moses, for example, I really would enjoy playing with again. :)
I'm back! Well, kind-of.
No Access on Weekends

Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:27 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Last post.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”