Micro 310: Shitty Joke Smalltown II (game over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:11 am

Post by farside22 »

ooooo I have 3 things I like that I have a chance to get!
The treestump is hysterical!
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #7 (isolation #1) » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:23 am

Post by farside22 »

Mod: Just a note I have limited access on the weekends. Never sure if I can post or not depending on what is going on.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #11 (isolation #2) » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:06 am

Post by farside22 »

Double voter please
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #14 (isolation #3) » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:09 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 13, Yiley wrote:But that's what I wanted :(
Even night cop I guess
*starts dancing*
Never (that I can recall) been a double voter. It's a dream come true!
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #37 (isolation #4) » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:54 am

Post by farside22 »

I wish I could split my two votes. *sigh* the days of mafia dating game show.
Rvs fun times.
I won't be voting till it's serious since it's 2 votes.

@Tier: You have the best role.

Now that I know my alignment. I think the 1-shot RB should go off tonight. The reason is that (1) it stops the mafia from killing anyone and (2) the even night cop can't use his ability till night 2. The cop gets an investigation and the doc can protect the cop.

Thoughts?

EBWOP. Just got micc in here that cut me off with the same thought.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #42 (isolation #5) » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:41 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 39, TierShift wrote:
In post 37, farside22 wrote:@Tier: You have the best role.
I know. I'll probably not be NK'd.

Umm, does the plan still work if not all powers are town? I guess yes, but if the cop is scum it's a pretty much worthless plan that doesn't make good use of the global roleblocker.

I think we should be very careful with voting, considering we have a lynch at L-1 cos hammerer and we have a doublevoter.

I don't think a day 2 MyLo is possible seeing how we would have 6 votes day 3 with max 3 of them being controlled by scum.
So question the cop and get an opinion of him. The only other time I can see the 1-shot global being useful is....what 2 scum in a 9player set up typcially? Would be if their was a mislynch twice in a row.....I think.
I don't think that far ahead.
In post 40, absta101 wrote:If we lynch town today we'll be left with seven people the next day (assuming night kill). Double vote on town the next day + another scum vote + my hammer. The next day, Double vote + my vote.
What?? :?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #46 (isolation #6) » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:48 am

Post by farside22 »

Tier: what were you thinking would be the best use of the global rb?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #53 (isolation #7) » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:36 am

Post by farside22 »

Umm, does the plan still work if not all powers are town? I guess yes, but if the cop is scum it's a pretty much worthless plan that doesn't make good use of the global roleblocker.

Tier: I'm talking about your post here. What were you thinking at the time would be a good use of the global RB?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #77 (isolation #8) » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:08 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 59, absta101 wrote:It feels like all this planning isn't really useful seeing as we could end up lynching one of the important PRs. I can also see people being more lenient on them because of their role.
I don't see the concern. People typically find people scum no mater the role in these type of things even with all the planning.

In post 61, absta101 wrote:
In post 57, TierShift wrote:No lynch is awful and should not be attempted.
Why didn't you vote him for this then?
Why should Tiershift vote for something he says is awful? That's not a scum tell.
In post 63, absta101 wrote:You can't say "if they turn out to be scum ofc we'll lynch them", obviously we don't know their alignment beforehand.

Also, by "lenient" I meant that I can see people being less likely to vote for a scummy important PR than a scummy non-important PR, even if the important one is slightly more scummy. They'd do this precisely because they don't know the alignments so they'd rather not take their chances with the important PR.
See above.
In post 57, TierShift wrote:No lynch is awful and should not be attempted.

@Farside: idk actually. I thought maybe a better opportunity would arise later in the game when reads are better and then saving a day would be more fruitful.
I'm trying to figure out when is better. My mind a better is at mislynch lose but then that would mean thinking the 1-shot RB is town.
I'm not sure why you would shot done one idea based on a possible scum cop and think a 1-shot RB should be used at a better time. That logic doesn't not make any sense to me.
In post 70, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 33, Micc wrote:Need to figure out the double voter asap
I agree!
In post 36, Micc wrote:We can coordinate actions to guarantee a successful cop investigation night 2 by using the global roleblock and the doctor.
This was what I was thinking when I chose my role, although we're working on the assumptions (and hope!) that the three of us are all town.
In post 57, TierShift wrote:The plan is just going to work. If someone sabotages it, they get PL'd. Easy stuff.
This and pray that the cop is on our side (because, really, the whole point of this is that guaranteed investigation result).

Anyhow, I don't particularly mind giving up my power to the town for optimal play. You guys decide what you want to do and I'll go with it.
This is odd. Why would you say you had the same idea, then say it's up to everyone else? A good idea is a good idea. :?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #86 (isolation #9) » Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:20 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 76, absta101 wrote:VOTE: Farside
Not a bad vote; it seems she's been avoiding this game.
That's a bit of a weak reason to put someone at L-1
There was really no one invovled in the game during the mil/you/tier. So why did you specifically only put me as avoiding the game?
In post 78, PrivateI wrote:
In post 77, farside22 wrote:Why should Tiershift vote for something he says is awful? That's not a scum tell.
I believe he meant Tiershift should have voted for me, not voted with me...
I meant that Tiershift shouldn't be voting you based on something that he says is awful.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #87 (isolation #10) » Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:21 am

Post by farside22 »

Sorry not at L-1. I thought it was 4 to lynch.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #89 (isolation #11) » Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:30 am

Post by farside22 »

@Absta: I'm still curious about this question:
There was really no one invovled in the game during the mil/you/tier. So why did you specifically only put me as avoiding the game?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #91 (isolation #12) » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:01 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 90, absta101 wrote:
In post 89, farside22 wrote:@Absta: I'm still curious about this question:
Not invlolved is different from avoiding. T-Shift brought my attention to you by voting with no stated reason. I looked into why he would vote you and came up with a reason. What I find interesting though is how you haven't question T-shift for his vote. Can you explain that please.
Tiershift voted for no reason, there isn't much to question there. I'm assuming reaction since I have nothing else to go buy. I don't really question votes for no reason.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #103 (isolation #13) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:21 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 98, absta101 wrote:@Mit
In post 92, Mitillos wrote: @absta: My vote was RV, but I do think a hammerer is a liability for the town, especially given the doublevoter. The two of you are the first ones who need to be sorted out.
Wait, let me get this straight; are you saying that your vote one me is partly based on my role and has nothing to do with my actions? Also, what do you mean by sorted out?
And saying that scum-you wouldn't be scared in your situation just looks a little like bluster. And how can you possibly accuse farside of avoiding the thread? Her longest absence was 21 hours, part of which included the time when the site was down, if I'm not mistaken. Why aren't you accusing Micc and Brian Skies of the same behaviour?
Like I explained before, not posting isn't the same as avoiding (that's what I meant anyway). When I looked at farside's recent posts, I saw that she was posting elsewhere and not here for quite some time. I looked at her recent posts because T-shift brought my attention to her by voting her for no stated reason.
--
@T-Shift
Wow, you came up with a reason, while I actually didn't have a reason. Why do you attribute thoughts to me that I don't have nor question the vote and just sheep it?
I assumed you had a reason because all players have reasons for their votes, regardless of alignment. Are you trying to tell us that you picked someone at random from this game to vote, and that person was farside?

Sheeping is voting someone for no reason other than that someone else you want to imitate is voting them. That's clearly not what I did; I had my own reason. All you did was bring attention to farside.
Not avoiding thanks. I post in games when I have time. I pop into a game and post from time and if something is going on in a game in particular I give it more attention.
That is pretty much all I can say since we are referencing posting/on going game issues.

Out of curiosity did you only look at me because Tier voted and you were trying to understand the motive behind it?
Why didn't you ask me why I wasn't posting more here?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #105 (isolation #14) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:28 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 93, TierShift wrote:
In post 90, absta101 wrote:
In post 89, farside22 wrote:@Absta: I'm still curious about this question:
Not invlolved is different from avoiding. T-Shift brought my attention to you by voting with no stated reason. I looked into why he would vote you and came up with a reason. What I find interesting though is how you haven't question T-shift for his vote. Can you explain that please.
Wow, you came up with a reason, while I actually didn't have a reason. Why do you attribute thoughts to me that I don't have nor question the vote and just sheep it?
Why is it scummy that absta gave your vote thought and found something that he associated with your vote?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #106 (isolation #15) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:34 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 104, absta101 wrote:Yes sort of and because I thought asking you would've just resulted in an answer about how you don't have time or something along that line. An answer like that tells me nothing about your alignment.
Well that's silly saying I don't have time because I post here more then I should (posting from work makes me a bad employee). :lol:
I really can't go beyond more then I said about why I post where I post without discussion ongoing games..............I don't find your reason's bad. Just weak. I'm not under pressure, people say they want to know my alignment but aren't asking me anything so I'm just going okay I'm just going to scum hunt and post when something catches my eye.
That is my prospective in this game thus far.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #108 (isolation #16) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:50 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 107, absta101 wrote:I blame these guys for coming to your defence.

What do you think of Mit?
Mit I have him as actively thinking about the game and the mechanics. He is already scum hunting with jklash and so far I read him as town.

So far I don't like Brain's entrance into this game. It's odd to me. Tier is another one. He talks about holding off on using the 1-shot global RB for another useful time but doesn't say what it is. When pushed by me I don't really get an answer that makes any more sense.

Everyone else is pretty quiet so far so really no reads elsewhere that I can get a handle on.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #112 (isolation #17) » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:23 am

Post by farside22 »

I hope this won't look long. I need to get going.
In post 109, absta101 wrote:Can you explain why your vote isn't on Brian/Tier?
I'm a double voter. I won't be voting till I feel someone is scum.
Both reads are not strong enough to say scum hence my questions to the 2 players.

As for mil
Yes pre-game can be faked. But it's more about the thoughts people express when they say things.
In post 54, Mitillos wrote:@Tier: It's certainly better than not having info, of course. I just don't like losing useful PRs. And yeah, I know that's inescapable, but still... Anyway, my point was that we should keep in mind that things might not simply work out like we expect them. Which I'm pretty sure everyone knows already, so, whatever. I intended to protect Yiley on N2 anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

@absta: If the RB happens, there's no NK, either. We'll be where we are now, except the RB will have turned vanilla and the cop will be able to use his power. Not sure if I agree with the no-lynch, though. Reducing the number of potential investigation targets will help the cop make a better choice of that.
I like that he is thinking about the cop in this quote. It is better for the cop to have one less person to investigate.
In post 62, Mitillos wrote:@absta: And then his partner would kill Yiley on N2. There are two scum. As for lynching one of the important PRs, if they turn out to be scum, of course we'll lynch them. As important as they might be, scum cops/docs/roleblockers are not good for town. So, not really sure what your point is. Why would we be more lenient on them? Alignment trumps role, except in extremely rare circumstances.
In post 65, Mitillos wrote:Yeah, I wasn't being very clear. Sorry about that.

And your leniency point is irrelevant, because we are talking about specific actions, not tells. If I die tonight, Brian won't have used his power. The same is true if the mail gets through. If he agrees to the plan and doesn't go through with it, that's very scummy.

Similarly, if Yiley dies on N2, clearly I didn't protect him. A doc not protecting a cop is undeniably scummy, if we don't know the cop's alignment, yet. So, I'd expect town to insta-lynch me if that happens, even if I had been ultra-towny before.
Explaining things so it's understandable, taking time to make things clear.
In post 83, Mitillos wrote:@absta: I assumed it was something inconsequential, like misunderstanding role mechanics. Didn't care enough for a push, at the time.
In post 92, Mitillos wrote:@jklash: You were evading explaining precisely how he'd get a mislynch, by advocating a no-lynch. And your explanation still makes no sense. Even if he were a dayvig, how would his request for a no-lynch have anything to do with getting a mislynch? If anything, the only way to absolutely avoid a mislynch is with a no-lynch.

tl;dr: How could a no-lynch possibly lead to a mislynch?

@absta: My vote was RV, but I do think a hammerer is a liability for the town, especially given the doublevoter. The two of you are the first ones who need to be sorted out. And saying that scum-you wouldn't be scared in your situation just looks a little like bluster. And how can you possibly accuse farside of avoiding the thread? Her longest absence was 21 hours, part of which included the time when the site was down, if I'm not mistaken. Why aren't you accusing Micc and Brian Skies of the same behaviour?
One is not scummy because if jklash is town and mit is scum in this mit would have been on Jklash sooner I think. Plus he is pressing you for questions about the avoiding the thread comment. Usually I will see lots of good point not comparison from scum.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #134 (isolation #18) » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:06 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 132, Micc wrote:
In post 114, Yiley wrote:Micc what is your opinion on far side/absta?
I haven't been involved enough to make any real reads yet. Working on getting that fixed tonight and tomorrow during the day.

I am still debating the merits of no-lynching in my head. I think it might make sense in day two following a day one mislynch, but I don't think it is a good option for day one unless we really can't come to a consensus.

In post 37, farside22 wrote:Now that I know my alignment. I think the 1-shot RB should go off tonight. The reason is that (1) it stops the mafia from killing anyone and (2) the even night cop can't use his ability till night 2. The cop gets an investigation and the doc can protect the cop.
(1)
If you were scum, would you have avoided outing this method of coordination? I find it weird, and a little bit awkward that your actions might hinge on your alignment.
In post 87, farside22 wrote:Sorry not at L-1. I thought it was 4 to lynch.
(2)
Where did you get the idea of four to lynch from? One vote off because of the double voter I could understand, but two off makes me wonder a little bit.
I'm numbing instead of seperating this. If your confused let me know.
1) If you remember the start of the game I stated 3 roles I wanted one was 1-shot RB. I already had the thought of how best to use that ability as town and if I was scum and had the role I would have used it had it been suggested. (yes WIFOM) but that is how the start of the game is, you pick what is best and how to use it no matter the aligment. (well you should)
2) I'm in more then one game. I got confused by the number when I was in this game vs. another.

When did you have the thought of the 1-shot RB?

In post 113, Micc wrote:Yikes, I got prodded. I just got home for spring break last night so I should have time for this now.

On first read through I understand why absta caught some early attention, but dont think he looks necessarily scummy at this point. I want to keep the pressure up on Farside, but I havent seen anything worth questioning on first glance. I should have some time tonight to take a better look at this game.
Why is there interest only in me and absta? Are you only scum searching based on roles? If so why?
In post 119, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 77, farside22 wrote:This is odd. Why would you say you had the same idea, then say it's up to everyone else? A good idea is a good idea.
I DO share the same idea and line of thinking. But this game doesn't revolve around me and what I want to do. I can't force the other players to go through with it.
Is it normal for you to go with what the masses want? Have you ever played a small town game before?

absta wrote:@Farside - Your role could be really good for applying pressure. Voting someone who has no votes and that you think might be scum shouldn't be a problem.
Pressure is a double edge sword. I have seen town flip around and be called scum when they are put with pressure and I have seen scum do the same. I'm more wary of using it with a hammer in the game. I think my being wary is valid. If you think I'm avoiding voting then say that. But telling me to vote......I have to wonder why coming from a person with a hammer vote you are intent on pushing me to vote. :igmeou:
In post 124, TierShift wrote:Oh and guys trying to find the best plan for town is not something only town does and as a matter of fact very easily fakeable by scum because there's no feelings/opinions involved, just hard facts.

With that, I'd like to
VOTE: privateI
Come out of your little setup shell and start commenting on the game!
Why did you only notice private doing this? Also if you are concerned about the plan and the cop being scum why no questions on him?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #135 (isolation #19) » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:09 am

Post by farside22 »

@Brain: What makes a no lynch better for day 1 vs day 2?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #145 (isolation #20) » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:30 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 142, Micc wrote:
In post 134, farside22 wrote:I'm numbing instead of seperating this. If your confused let me know.
1) If you remember the start of the game I stated 3 roles I wanted one was 1-shot RB. I already had the thought of how best to use that ability as town and if I was scum and had the role I would have used it had it been suggested. (yes WIFOM) but that is how the start of the game is, you pick what is best and how to use it no matter the aligment. (well you should)
That all makes good sense but what I'm really interested in why you threw the "Now that I know my alignment" bit into that post. If you were scum would you have suggested the plan or not?
No.
What is the point of this question? How do you learn my alignment with it?
In post 134, farside22 wrote:2) I'm in more then one game. I got confused by the number when I was in this game vs. another.
I still don't understand how people play multiple games at a time. This game started a little earlier than I expected, and the week or so that I had to juggle two games shut down my motivation to play completely.
In post 134, farside22 wrote:When did you have the thought of the 1-shot RB?
While we were waiting for the first pick to be made I analyzed all the role interactions for combinations that would be powerful together. The cop/doc/rb combination and the endgame power of the doublevoter were the two things that stood out to me.
So you admit that you didn't say anything about the roles before the game started but wait till after.
Why did you decide to wait?
What makes it different from me waiting?
In post 134, farside22 wrote:Why is there interest only in me and absta? Are you only scum searching based on roles? If so why?
Knowing all the roles makes it easier to see how the game might pan out. Because of your roles, this game is going to revolve around you and absta. Maybe not in day one, but farther down the road being solid on these two reads is going to be absolutely necessary. So yes, I am scum searching based on roles. It also helps that I have a newly finished game with half the player list. Im fairly confident that I can read Yiley. jklash and Tiershift not as much, but at least I have experience playing with them. Newbie 1474 in case anyone cares.
Well that's fair enough that you don't know me. How do you think the questions you asked gets you a read on me?
Also I would like your opinion of Brian.
TierShift wrote:Micc, prepare to be subject to heavy paranoia ;)
Some how I feel this is a slight against me. :(
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #146 (isolation #21) » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:33 am

Post by farside22 »

As for the multi-game I joined when things were slow at work. There picking up and now I'm getting a little more busy and suffering a bit from putting too many games on my plate syndrom.
Sigh
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #154 (isolation #22) » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:03 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 153, absta101 wrote:So many players in this game are lazy, just fucking play!

Private why is your random vote still on me? Can you actually do something?
:lol:
God this post reminds me of many games ago my attitude on people throught my years.

Just some friendly advice. If yiley is like this in other games (will check this out) and people being lazy is almost normal. I found that life has a funny way of getting in the way. I now have low expectations from mafia players. Plus you have those that just want to be as low active as possible for meta purposes.

If it helps my town reads:

Mil
Abasta

questionable

Micc - I found his questions pretty bland and a few that I don't see how he can get an alignment read by them.

leaning scum

brain - machinc's talk. Going to the will of the town (it's odd but I need to see how much experience he has before I call it scummy) *on my to do list*
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #160 (isolation #23) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:51 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 156, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 134, farside22 wrote:Is it normal for you to go with what the masses want? Have you ever played a small town game before?
I've never played in a small town game before (I have played in a micro before), and thought this set-up would be good for working on my mafia theory.

And no. I typically let the town do their thing and I do my thing (which is sometimes just me watching them do their thing while I look at some butterfly that passed me by). Something will eventually interest me and I'll prod at it for a bit and develop my reads.

I hardly consider letting the town decide to be going with the masses. The only two possibilities are a) the town decides to go with the plan that I support (and I've already stated so) or b) the town doesn't want to go through with it, in which case I get to use my ability how I want to (which still might be using it on N1). In either scenario, I get what I want.
In post 135, farside22 wrote:@Brain: What makes a no lynch better for day 1 vs day 2?
I don't really think there's a discerning difference (because you wind up with the same overall end result), and stating so is weird to me. Which is why I was asking people about it. But if I had to choose a day to no lynch on, Day 1 makes more sense to me.
I offically believe Brain is scum this game.

vote: Brian Skies

He admits to not going with the masses but wants to please the town on something he already stated he would do. Yeah those things don't add up. Pleasing town is not making waves. You have a thought and know it's best you use it.

@micc: I asked you a question here the first one
I'm looking for an answer.
mic wrote:Farside, whats up with the half reads list? Why are the other players not included?
Null to no info, need to post more. Can't have a read on players that either post nothing but one liners (yiley), nothing but machanics and meta (private) and jklash (nothing I remember from him currently)
Tier is questionable but moving up to null.

What reads do you currently have?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #186 (isolation #24) » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:00 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 178, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 160, farside22 wrote:I offically believe Brain is scum this game.

He admits to not going with the masses but wants to please the town on something he already stated he would do. Yeah those things don't add up. Pleasing town is not making waves. You have a thought and know it's best you use it.
Like, I'm really not understanding why you're on a completely different wavelength from me. You think I'm sitting here offering my ability up to the town to please people. I'm not. I offered up my ability to see if town would go with a plan I'm okay with and think would benefit us. If they said no, then so be it. At the very least, I could generate reactions and see how others would respond to it. Yours, for example, is extremely scummy for trying to spin this narrative of how a town-me would or wouldn't act with regards to my role.
In post 161, absta101 wrote:Why would you, as town, answer a question aimed at someone else? To me it looked like you were defending Jklash and I don't see why town-you would.
Well hello mr. OMGUS how are you today. :roll:
So far most of the town before you posted stated they liked the idea, but you had to come in with this
In post 36, Micc wrote:Anyhow, I don't particularly mind giving up my power to the town for optimal play. You guys decide what you want to do and I'll go with it.
Appeasing
In post 134, farside22 wrote:Is it normal for you to go with what the masses want? Have you ever played a small town game before?
I've never played in a small town game before (I have played in a micro before), and thought this set-up would be good for working on my mafia theory.

And no. I typically let the town do their thing and I do my thing (which is sometimes just me watching them do their thing while I look at some butterfly that passed me by). Something will eventually interest me and I'll prod at it for a bit and develop my reads.
Admits he doesn't typically follow what the town does and does his own thing.
One doesn't not explain the other.

In post 179, jklash12 wrote:Ok I think Brian's posts look pretty straightforward and genuine. I am thinking Brian is town.

Micc's play looks similar to his play in the game where he was scum. I went back and compared I don't see anything that suggest he is town. So I am leaning scum on Micc.
Why no vote?
In post 185, TierShift wrote:
In post 182, absta101 wrote:I believe the scum is in Micc/Private/Brian/Tier.
Is it just for the fact we aren't helpful?
Meh it 7 pages in I don't expect much. For example would it be too soon if I called Micc/Brian scum team?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #187 (isolation #25) » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:03 am

Post by farside22 »

Sorry for the quote fail above. This is me fixing it.

Like, I'm really not understanding why you're on a completely different wavelength from me. You think I'm sitting here offering my ability up to the town to please people. I'm not. I offered up my ability to see if town would go with a plan I'm okay with and think would benefit us. If they said no, then so be it. At the very least, I could generate reactions and see how others would respond to it. Yours, for example, is extremely scummy for trying to spin this narrative of how a town-me would or wouldn't act with regards to my role.
Well hello mr. OMGUS how are you today. :roll:
So far most of the town before you posted stated they liked the idea, but you had to come in with this
In post 36, Micc wrote:Anyhow, I don't particularly mind giving up my power to the town for optimal play. You guys decide what you want to do and I'll go with it.
Appeasing

Admits he doesn't typically follow what the town does and does his own thing.
One doesn't not explain the other.

In post 179, jklash12 wrote:Ok I think Brian's posts look pretty straightforward and genuine. I am thinking Brian is town.

Micc's play looks similar to his play in the game where he was scum. I went back and compared I don't see anything that suggest he is town. So I am leaning scum on Micc.
Why no vote?
In post 185, TierShift wrote:
In post 182, absta101 wrote:I believe the scum is in Micc/Private/Brian/Tier.
Is it just for the fact we aren't helpful?
Meh it 7 pages in I don't expect much. For example would it be too soon if I called Micc/Brian scum team?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #197 (isolation #26) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:43 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 194, absta101 wrote:I don't like farside that much anymore so she can be null (due to post 187).
What's wrong with post 187?

You know the problem with this game is no one is really say much of anything. Private, Micc, Yiley, Jklash.
Even Mit kind of fell off this game.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #202 (isolation #27) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:15 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 200, absta101 wrote:
In post 197, farside22 wrote:
In post 194, absta101 wrote:I don't like farside that much anymore so she can be null (due to post 187).
What's wrong with post 187?

You know the problem with this game is no one is really say much of anything. Private, Micc, Yiley, Jklash.
Even Mit kind of fell off this game.
You've got so much experience yet you still throw the OMGUS call on Brian?
I'm going to look into your reasons for voting Brian and see what I think.
I didn't call him say he was scum for OMGUS. I was going him mr. OMGUS. His post was basically you are scummy for calling me scum. No real reason other then as I stated he wants to appease people but states that he typically does his own things. One thought does not match with the other thought.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #203 (isolation #28) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:17 am

Post by farside22 »

God that reads terribly.

I did not call Brain Mr. OMGUS for scum purposes. I was saying it because his post was calling me scum for saying he was scum.
My case is that he comes in wanting to appease people by using his role as wished but admits later that he typically does things on his own.
One thought does not match the other.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #206 (isolation #29) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:29 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 205, absta101 wrote:Still, use OMGUS near new players and they'll think "holy shit she's right; he must be scum!".

I'll take a look later. I need to gtfo now.
---

P-Edit: @Tier - So you'd rather PL than lynch scummy players?
Meh I use the OMGUS more if I feel the case is meaniless. Not as a scum tell. My quip was more saracastic then reaction.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #209 (isolation #30) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:50 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 207, Mitillos wrote:@Yiley: Care to explain the discrepancy Micc laid out in post 188? If you believe that town behaviour entails extensive involvement, why are you not engaging people here? How does staying away from the discussion help the town?

@Micc: Could you give me the link to the game where Yiley says this, please? You only linked his scumgame, as far as I can see.

@TierShift: I have had trouble finding categorically scummy behaviour in this game, but I'm interested in Yiley's response, right now. I think farside, absta, jklash and Micc look at least somewhat town, right now. This leaves Yiley, Brian Skies, you and PrivateI. I guess the scummiest of these would have to be Yiley, if he doesn't have a good response to Micc's meta.

Having said this, I don't like your "leave Yiley to me, I can figure him out" thing. Also, why are you asking if absta can or cannot filter out your scumreads, instead of simply giving them out directly? It looks like stalling.

@farside: Sorry about that. Too much lurking for my taste.
Why do you have a town read on Micc?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #216 (isolation #31) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:30 am

Post by farside22 »

Mod: V/LA till Monday.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #230 (isolation #32) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:03 pm

Post by farside22 »

brain wrote:No, I called you scummy because your push onto me feels contrived. Nothing I did was out of appeasement but you continue to push it that way.

And when I said I do my own thing, it means I typically do what I want. Like I said, I offered my role up to the town to see if they were okay with the plan of me using my ability N1 and the doc protecting the cop N2 to allow for a guaranteed investigation. It wasn't about appeasing the town because what I wanted to see was whether or not the town wanted the doc to follow through on the plan as well.
Question: how many people discussed the idea of having you use your role before you posted?

I'm phone posting currently, which is a pain in the ass to begin with.
I believe at least 4 out of 6 already agreed to have brain use his ability, so I don't get the point of asking if that is what the town wants ill do it.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #235 (isolation #33) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:07 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 234, absta101 wrote:True, he posted elsewhere on the 18th, 19th and 20th. He could've posted here then.

I think he should get replaced though and everyone should black list him if he turns out to be town.
What do you think about Yiley with the whole meta argument and in post the post here this one
You said you Brain is not as scummy. What in your reread changed your mind.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #271 (isolation #34) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:28 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 239, absta101 wrote:
@Brian
Brian wrote:Implies I'm still a scumread. Did anything change for you? If not, why the unvote?
You became slightly less scummy due to your posts looking a bit more genuine and the fact that you defend people as town so it isn't really scummy for you to do it. Also, Tier and Micc are much more scummy at this point.
Care to elaborate on this strategy?
The strategy is just lynching Tier and investigating Micc.

Anyway, if you agree with my case, vote Tier. We only have 4 days left until deadline.
---
@Farside
- It was partly gut feeling and what I said above^. Me removing my town read on you because of the omgus thing was just paranoia.
Yiley does look more scummy because of those quotes Micc provided. He looks even more scummy due to his latest post and activity.

What do you think of Tier?
---
@Micc
MIcc wrote:I am still trying to figure out how you can believe scum is in this group of four even though you have Yiley as a null read. Especially when you are on record as saying that you wont call Yiley scum because of his "shit playstyle." Having no respect for Yiley's skills as a player is not a reason to keep him out of your scum list.
Yiley wasn't on my scum list because he hadn't done anything scummy (for him) when I made it. The reason why his playstyle isn't scummy to me is because his play was the same in another game I checked, like I said before.

Basically, if he plays like this as town then i can't call him scum for it. That was my point.
However, your case on him has shown that his play and attitude as town has been different to this. For that reason he is prob scum.

Anyway, what do you think of Tier?
Why do you have a scum read on Micc?
In post 241, TierShift wrote:Hey!

I just discovered the use of our RB.

If we get to LyLo with townabsta alive, it's insta-over.

If we get to MyLo with townabsta alive, it's not until town votes.

So the RB should be used I think and preferably before brian is dead, that'd be N1.

Thoughts?
Absta makes a fine PL anyway day 2.

Micc, if you're scum this game, please hand yourself in to the police for protectivr custody since you're a psychopath then.
P-edit:
Ew absta, micc's selling me on you. Why the crap are you standing by while yiley is being wagoned, 'seeing the case', but not forming your own opinion on it?

What's up with the gay strategy you have in which town players die and then town players get investigated?
You think the RB is town?
In post 248, absta101 wrote:
@Tier
Ew absta, micc's selling me on you. Why the crap are you standing by while yiley is being wagoned, 'seeing the case', but not forming your own opinion on it?
I'm not standing by, i'm voting you because you look more scummy. Also, I don't think you realise how easy it would be to form a fake opinion on Yiley at this point. Thinking I look scummy because I "haven't formed my own opinion" is weak.
Look at this:
Yiley gives off zero townvibes. He's been posting in mishmash while not here. I expected him to get involved in the past few days if he were town, but he hasn't done so.
The first bit is a really bad reason to call someone scum. If someone doesn't look town, they are null, not scum.
Pointing out that Yiley has been posting elsewhere is what I did in post #234, so that's nothing done on your part.
The last statement is the only part you could vaguely call a reason, and it's an easy one to make at that (I'd expect town-him to do 'X' but he hasn't so I think he's scum).
---
@Micc
Micc wrote:Your reads look fake because they change despite the person hardly posting in between.
What would be my scum motivation for this? The only way I can see this being a thing is if you think me and Brian are scum partners. Otherwise, scum-me would not change his read on Brian.
Also I think you missed the part where I said I re-read the game. That's why some of my reads changed.
I would like to hear why your read on Brian changed between your vote on him and your vote on Tiershift.
I explained this above. Here's a quote:
absta wrote:You became slightly less scummy due to your posts looking a bit more genuine and the fact that you defend people as town so it isn't really scummy for you to do it.
That's in regards to my read on Brian.
---
P-Edit:
Micc wrote:It's not really even that his reads change. If they didnt change he might get grief for tunneling on someone. Its that the change makes them look fake. I couldn't for the life of me tell you why he is voting for Tiershift....or why he thinks I look scummy.....or why he thinks jklash might be scum. All I see is a lot of effort to keep the lynch off Yiley, who he doesn't seem to want to go anywhere near.
Don't even try to say I don't have a reason for thinking you and Tier are scum. I made a clear reply
to you
about why you and Tier are scum reads here. Also, i'm the last guy anyone could say is tunnelling. Seriously, just look back.

Wow, are you seriously saying that you think i'm scum because i didn't want to vote Yiley before? I'm too tired for this shit. I'll explain why that's a terrible reason tomorrow.
The post about Tier calling out Yiley for posting elsewhere and mostly in mishmash is hypocritical of you to call scummy or questionable. I recall not too long ago you called me scum lurking and not active and voted for those reasons.

I think Yiley needs a moment I will give him till tomorrow. I don't want to see a lynch unless yiley flakes completely or his comments are crap.

@Brain: Yeah I meant 6 out of 9 players stated something about the ability. I just felt like you came in and said yeah I had the same idea but I will go with what every thinks a bit odd considering the conversation.

I need to reread something I need till tomorrow.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #272 (isolation #35) » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:44 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 192, absta101 wrote:
@Micc
- I looked at one of Yiley's town games and he played roughly the same there as he is here. So I don't feel comfortable calling him scum for his
completely fucking shit
playstyle.
As for the rest of you. You look increasingly scummy with every post you make. Your whole scum hunting seems fake, especially the questions aimed at farside. Tier is just terribly scummy at this point as well because he's only seemed to find one person scummy (private) who hasn't even been posting anything. It seems to me that he's scared of calling people scummy so he doesn't have to commit. That explains his vote on private and why he uses terms like "so that sucks" to describe scummy play.

I can see myself lynching you at the end of the day at this point though.
In regards to the below comment Absta is the post above your case on Tier you are referring to?
In post 217, absta101 wrote:This game has gotten quite complicated. I need more time but we only have 5 days so i'm going to have to speed this shit up.
---
@Micc
Micc wrote:That doesn't explain why Yiley didn't end up in your pile of players who you "believe the scum is in". Being outside of that pile seems to indicate a weak town read at the very least. What I am trying to understand is how your opinion of Yiley's playstyle makes you uncomfortable with calling him scum, but completely comfortable with suggesting he is town.
Yiley is null to me, not town...
---

Okay did a re-read. I'm feeling quite confident in this strat right here:
VOTE: Tier

@Yiley
- Investigate Micc please.
---
I gave my reasons for Tier-scum earlier and after the re-read i'm even more confident on it.

Farside is back to town. Mitt is town. Brian is not as scummy as before imo. Jklash is not a town read anymore. Not so sure on Micc scum anymore but still think he's a possibility. Worst case scenario, Yiley and Jklash are scum.
If so please answer the following question:
What was wrong with post 189?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #283 (isolation #36) » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:09 am

Post by farside22 »

When did mafia become lets lynch based on role instead of who is scum?

When did PL become better then scum hunting?

If we lynch someone because of WIFOM then how do we know who on the wagon is scum with that basis? No offense but I look at those who are on the wagon and why.
Plus we are talking about trusting a cop now that some are suspicious of.
What stops the cop if he is scum from lying?

Micc: What do you learn with a PL?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #285 (isolation #37) » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:43 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 284, Micc wrote:
In post 283, farside22 wrote:When did mafia become lets lynch based on role instead of who is scum?
Right about the time you signed up for a smalltown formatted game.
I've played smalltown games, mini but small town and PL wasn't discussed.
In post 283, farside22 wrote:When did PL become better then scum hunting?
When negative utility roles became a thing. [/quote]

At the end I see your point. However.....god I hate math...

9 players
2 mafia
7 town
mislynch day 1 into night 1
6/2
mafia lynch
7/1
N1 (RB uses ability)
6/2 or 7/1
Now what?
In post 283, farside22 wrote:If we lynch someone because of WIFOM then how do we know who on the wagon is scum with that basis? No offense but I look at those who are on the wagon and why.
We wouldn't be lynching absta because of WIFOM, we would be lynching him because he is a mod confirmed negative utility role. We don't lose any mislynches by getting rid of absta, so I don't see how your wagon analysis is interrupted. Feel free ignoring the absta wagon if you would like, but every other wagon can still be analyzed. [/quote]

Do you know how to analysis a wagon with no flip of said player?
In post 283, farside22 wrote:Plus we are talking about trusting a cop now that some are suspicious of.
What stops the cop if he is scum from lying?
I don't trust Yiley one bit. I would like to see him gone by day two unless things seriously change. Even then I would be suspicious. Nothing stops him from lying as scum.[/quote]

So your pushing a policy lynch over a scum lynch because?????
In post 283, farside22 wrote:Micc: What do you learn with a PL?
I learn absta's alignment. Since I am town, absta has a 25% chance of flipping scum in which case we would be in really good shape going forward. In the 75% chance that he is town we don't lose anything. I don't see why we wouldn't flip absta to see what his alignment is.[/quote]

Dude that logic true of any lynch. Your using a role and not scum hunting. That is not going to fly in my world. You want to lynch absta off of PL don't ask me to be onboard. I would rather lynch scum.

Still waiting on Yiley and absta for answers.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #286 (isolation #38) » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:44 am

Post by farside22 »

Sorry for the bad quote job. I will never learn to preview.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #288 (isolation #39) » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:53 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 287, TierShift wrote:
In post 285, farside22 wrote:6/2 or 7/1
Now what?
If 6/2 and you are scum you can quickhammer with only one townvote somewhere

Then 4/2 and you control 4 votes (since absta is 1) thus win

If at 6/2 we lynch absta scum have max 3 votes day 3 and thus can't quickhammer.

In the worst case scenario it's a free lynch.

With you town and him town it isn't I think but I'm not sure.

Anyway I'm pretty sure brian needs to use his shot tonight since tomorrow may be MyLo.

We're pushing the PL because it's a free lynch, it wins us a day.
This is on the belief that both absta and I are scum together. Do you believe we both are? If so why?
Second how is this a free lynch? I'm thinking it's the hammer thing???
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #290 (isolation #40) » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:31 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 289, TierShift wrote:No it's on the belief that absta is town. If he's scum, even more reason to lynch him.
I don't know why you think this is the best course of action.
Absta maybe scum. I'm questioning him currently. Yiley maybe scum. (still waiting for him to post and I will vote tomorrow if he does not show up with something today and feel nothing for it). But this, this is like hey lets lynch player X based on there role and cross our fingers and hope for the best.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #292 (isolation #41) » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:50 am

Post by farside22 »

Absta: I think you are quibbling about Tier's lanauge instead of using scummy is a bit minor point.
If Tier didn't have a clear read I would agree with your thought process there.

Speaking of who thinks whom is scum. Where is Brain and what is his scum reads?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #293 (isolation #42) » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:57 am

Post by farside22 »

Add Private to people that have not given scum reads either.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #303 (isolation #43) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:47 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 295, Micc wrote:
In post 285, farside22 wrote:Do you know how to analysis a wagon with no flip of said player?
I don't even know what you are trying to say. We get flips when people get lynched. There is no reason we wouldn't get a flip on the player we lynched. I'm pretty sure that's not what you are trying to say, but that's what I am reading no matter how I look at it.
You are talking about PL a player. How do I analysis a wagon that is only about PL and nothing more?

In post 285, farside22 wrote:So your pushing a policy lynch over a scum lynch because?????
Because policy lynching absta is essentially lynching scum no matter what alignment he is. When he is dead, scum have one less vote that they can use to endgame the town. If by chance he flips scum then its a bonus - we essentially removed two votes that scum could have used to endgame the town.

I'm not sure how many more different ways I can try to explain that we don't lose anything by lynching absta. The amount of mislynches that we get this game depends on whether you are town, and whether you get nightkilled at some point. I cant really say what that number is, but I can say that lynching absta will not lower the number no matter what he flips.[/quote]

I think you are talking about worst case here. Where 2 scum are alive still in end game and using absta's ability if he is town. If absta is scum in a lylo all he needs is a town player to vote a town player.
The best way around that is to force absta to vote at the start a player and go from there.

In post 285, farside22 wrote:Dude that logic true of any lynch. Your using a role and not scum hunting. That is not going to fly in my world. You want to lynch absta off of PL don't ask me to be onboard. I would rather lynch scum.
Hopefully I have explained it to the point that it makes sense by now. Lynching absta is as good as guaranteed scum lynch even if he flips town. I'm not saying that we are going to win this game by looking at the role PM's and breaking the game. Yes, we will need to scum hunt and lynch scum once absta is gone. But for now the best course of action is to lynch the negative utility role before it can hurt us in the end game.

Absta needs to be lynched Day2 at the very latest, otherwise it might be too late. Since Yiley is a stronger scum read than absta or anyone else I think he should be lynched today. This way Absta gets to live longer and have more of an impact than Yiley. That means we lynch absta Day 2. The only way we don't is if Brian agrees to use the roleblock but doesn't use it. In that case he is confirmed scum and we lynch him.
[/quote]

No. If we lynch scum day 1 then I would be saying no even stronger. I just put up how to deal with a hammer and the worst/worst case is more if absta is town then if he is scum in lylo.
In post 299, TierShift wrote:
In post 296, Mitillos wrote:The reason is that, just as a town hammerer can be manipulated by scum, a scum hammerer can be manipulated by the town.
Are you suggesting that in the situation day 3 with 0 scum lynched with absta alive, town should quicklynch before scum get the opportunity to? Doesn't seem like a good strategy.

Ayway, I'm not getting on board with a PrivateI lynch, since that would really be only because he's lurking (which is not alignment indicative). In yiley's case, the lurking and refusing to get involved ís alignment indicative.
Pri=lurker yiley=scum.

Can you please vote yiley, we're getting dangerously close to deadline.
Agreed.

unvote:
vote: Yiley
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #305 (isolation #44) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:38 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 304, TierShift wrote:
In post 301, Brian Skies wrote:I thought you guys said his lurking wasn't alignment indicative.

What's your read on PrivateI?
I have no idea who the first sentence refers to. To the second, null.

Farside stop messing up quotes pls.
Sorry. :(
I'm a bit rushed when I'm at work so it's post and don't review for me some days.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #313 (isolation #45) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:56 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 312, TierShift wrote:
In post 258, PrivateI wrote:Yeah, so I'm going to throw that out for the purposes of this game. The play there as a whole is much more chaotic, there are three days per real life day, and I'm seeing completely different play there than here in any game.
Right now, I'm not seeing scum Yiley,
though I will focus on him while
re-reading
In post 306, PrivateI wrote:All right, I'm hoping that Yiley is scum since I don't think anyone else is going to get wagoned this close to deadline. Keep in mind that he is now at L-2.

VOTE: Yiley[/b]
Yeah, thanks for the reread and comments on the gamestate. Thanks for expressing scumreads.

Instead of that, you just stroll by with a supposed yiley vote whilr you don't scumread him.

Fake votes are gay, btw.

I have to control myself not to start a wagon.
I just want to keep agreeing with Tier. It took lots of effort not to change my vote.

pause.

unvote
vote: Private.

If people can read these quotes and tell me why they are not voting Private at this point I will personal slap them silly ( :evil: )
In post 151, PrivateI wrote:My primary experience with Yiley is on another forum. Maybe he's more shrewd here, which is entirely possible.
In post 256, PrivateI wrote:I don't really understand the Yiley read, to be honest. I also don't understand this.
In post 253, Micc wrote:I would still rather lynch Yiley at this point than do the cop investigation.
What is the rationale behind this? Are you seriously that convinced that he is scum that you want to lynch the cop?
In post 258, PrivateI wrote:Yeah, so I'm going to throw that out for the purposes of this game. The play there as a whole is much more chaotic, there are three days per real life day, and I'm seeing completely different play there than here in any game. Right now, I'm not seeing scum Yiley, though I will focus on him while re-reading.
In post 306, PrivateI wrote:All right, I'm hoping that Yiley is scum since I don't think anyone else is going to get wagoned this close to deadline. Keep in mind that he is now at L-2.

VOTE: Yiley[/b]
*note: For those offended by my statement I can not smack people but I would be tempted.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #320 (isolation #46) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:26 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 318, Mitillos wrote:Yes, he is. But I thought that since he voted Yiley and put him at L-1, the lynch happened and we're now at twilight.

If that's not the case, more PrivateI votes, please.
I didn't even notice. That hammer vote from absta throws me off. But I put Yiley at L-2 and private just voted for him.
Hammer means he is most likely lynched.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #323 (isolation #47) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:30 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 322, TierShift wrote:It's damn obvious fake vote

Which doesn't seem logical at all for scum.

I'm way more comfy with the yiley lynch.
Why is that logical for town? :?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #341 (isolation #48) » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:36 am

Post by farside22 »

Micc: who are you scum suspects?

Who here thinks private is town and why?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #345 (isolation #49) » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:37 am

Post by farside22 »

math time for a moment please.

8 players
6/2
mislynch today
5/2
N2 mafia send in kill
day 3
4/2
mylo

Micc: Look at the above and tell me why lynch order mater if you think both absta and private are town in any way shape or form.

@Absta: I'm thinking Private is scum.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #367 (isolation #50) » Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:15 am

Post by farside22 »

mic wrote:The games ends if you are scum and we lynch wrong on Private. The game doesn't end if you are scum and we lynch wrong on Absta.
You don't list me as scum but you are using this as a basis as okay to lynch of another player.
That's just bad logic. Why is confidence and arrogance scummy? Have you meta researched absta?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #370 (isolation #51) » Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:10 am

Post by farside22 »

Now that numbers are crunched who here thinks absta or myself is scum right now with a reason why that is not game mechanics.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #385 (isolation #52) » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:24 am

Post by farside22 »

Tier:
Yo I agree with the fact that there probably is a scum on there. I think it's Private, but if it isn't him it might just be jklash.
Why do you think jklash might be scum on the wagon?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #390 (isolation #53) » Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:11 pm

Post by farside22 »

Private why did you vote yiley? What made him scummy?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #402 (isolation #54) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:45 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 401, absta101 wrote:Okay wtf is this shit. Why is no one posting?
I'm waiting for Micc to answer my questions.
I believe private is scum and it is either Micc or Tier as the second scum.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #405 (isolation #55) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:03 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 403, absta101 wrote:Agreed.
I'm tempted to vote Private.

I'm giving her a 24 hour post or die threat as of today.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #409 (isolation #56) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:53 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 406, absta101 wrote:While we wait, how good is your scum game?
:twisted: :twisted:
I know why people don't trust me when they see me play as scum.
In post 408, TierShift wrote:
In post 402, farside22 wrote:I believe private is scum and it is either Micc or Tier as the second scum.
I don't think it's either of us!

Farside, I think you missed my question on absta. Why is he not in your scumspects? Why isn't brian?
What has absta done that is scummy? Sure he has multiple suspects and they change but he explained them, so???? Absta is asking questions and trying to narrow the scum suspects. I don't see anyone scummy about him.

Brain he didn't like Micc trying to push his view any more then I did. He's not screaming town but he's not in my scum pool.

As for Micc he has asked shitty questions that are not aligment driven and wants to push a lynch a player based on game mechanics and has only discussed on scum suspect thus far. What makes him town in your oppinion?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #410 (isolation #57) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:54 am

Post by farside22 »

This should read: only discussed one scum suspect thus far
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #411 (isolation #58) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:49 am

Post by farside22 »

Tier:
Tier wrote:Anyway, I'm quite paranoid about absta. On the one hand, he could be genuinely frustrated town that is determined to lynch from the wagon. On the other hand, he could be looking at an all-town wagon (or a sole scum) and pretend to be frustrated. 249 reinforces that thought, because he says he would lynch yiley, but now he's strictly opposing all who voted yiley and pretends to be the embodiment of rationality
What post from absta gives you this oppinion?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #412 (isolation #59) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:52 am

Post by farside22 »

Someone posting elsewhere private
Fasinating that yiley got called for that but not private.

*looks at clock*
Count down
*tick*
*tick*
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #414 (isolation #60) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:29 am

Post by farside22 »

I assume tier you are talking about these post where absta calls out you and private as scum on the yiley wagon
In post 339, absta101 wrote:Quick post:
At least one scum is in Tier/Private if not both.
In post 344, absta101 wrote:Guys look at the Yiley waggon. At least one scum is on there. Tier or Private, or both.
Why is this scummy. Many a player including mysel looks at those on a wagon for scum.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #416 (isolation #61) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:59 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 415, TierShift wrote:It's his tone. It's like: 'you morons how did you lynch our cop, scum on the wagon 10/10', instead of trying to rationalize, see who drove what and if there actually was scum on the wagon. The worst part is how he said he would vote yiley, but now is attacking all those who did the same.

At the same time, he seems to be trying to figure out the game to some extentd, but he just seems a little...overeager?

It's not that he's solidly scum for me, it's just definitely not a strong town. And I hope you see my points.
Tier the people I see him attacking is you and private.
If he called some scum for voting yiley please quote it.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #417 (isolation #62) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:05 pm

Post by farside22 »

Also pointing to private post before hammer and not posting scum reads as a reason to vote.
Looks at clock
Grrrrr.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #423 (isolation #63) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:25 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 418, TierShift wrote:It's just the general feeling I get when he talks about the wagon and I thought showed that he thought lynching the cop was scummy, but upon reading it 5 times it states something else.

Seeing that he doesn't mind being PL'd is a good sign, I guess.

Anyway, we are pointing all our arrows at one person only, pri. What to do when she flips whatever alignment? You (far, absta) are talking about me being scum, why exactly is that again?

Whatcha looking at the clock for? 24 hours almost up?
I think we're not quite ready for the hammer.
You seem to be pushing a lynch on absta over private. While saying very about private.
Why the town read on mic?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #427 (isolation #64) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:57 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 424, TierShift wrote:No I'm pushing a lynch on private and have a nullread on absta on whom I don't understand your townread.

I'll talk about micc after an iso.
Most of what you pointed to Absta is a gut read, general comments you see as scummy. I just don't see it and when i asked you I get this:
TierShift wrote:It's just the general feeling I get when he talks about the wagon and I thought showed that he thought lynching the cop was scummy, but upon reading it 5 times it states something else.

Seeing that he doesn't mind being PL'd is a good sign, I guess.

Anyway, we are pointing all our arrows at one person only, pri. What to do when she flips whatever alignment? You (far, absta) are talking about me being scum, why exactly is that again?

Whatcha looking at the clock for? 24 hours almost up?
I think we're not quite ready for the hammer.
I know people read things differently then others, but I'm not sure how you expect me to get your point when you don't show one that I can grasp. :?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #428 (isolation #65) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:12 am

Post by farside22 »

@micc: here are a few game references for absta.

town game

scum replacement

town game

scum game

When you are done review tell me your thoughts.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #430 (isolation #66) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:19 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 429, TierShift wrote:
In post 427, farside22 wrote:I know people read things differently then others, but I'm not sure how you expect me to get your point when you don't show one that I can grasp.
Ok, that's fair.

I don't think he's pri's partner so let's go for the pri flip.
I decided because of things I can't discuss right now that I'm holding off on voting for a bit longer.
it doesn't hurt that I'm waiting for Micc to answer the meta question or that I'm still waiting on Tier to explain the town read and Brain K to post his thoughts.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #432 (isolation #67) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:40 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 431, PrivateI wrote:Ugh, I don't like MafBlack as much as I thought. It makes it difficult to see when new posts are made.

If you're all down to lynch me, I quite honestly don't know who else to go after. The wagon on me doesn't appear scum-motivated. With that in mind, I guess I can enjoy being a Treestump and posting tomorrow.

With that in mind, I have a few thoughts.

Farside, why so wishy-washy? When I hadn't posted, was there any harm in immediately voting for me? I wasn't anywhere near L-1 at the time.

Just to confirm, I'm still able to post anything game related (scum reads, setup speculation, etc.) if and when I die, right?
I'm a double voter. The hammer has not voted for you either.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #439 (isolation #68) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:54 am

Post by farside22 »

I'm starting to have this rage moment and i'm trying to find a way to be calm.
If I say something offensive I appologize ahead of time but trying to express certain things is difficult without sounding insulting.

That said I'm starting to read private as bad town.
*pause for effect*
I haven't played mafia in a year (give or take) but I have been reminded that players tend to be stupid are town (as I said offensive but trying to put it nicely doesn't get the point through).
I personally do not like the hammer or even Private's wording. I did a short meta dive into private as well (and when I have time I will post the links) his scum game is not idiotic in the least. I just remember that off the top of my head but links will come tomorrow with this.

Micc: I linked 2 games from absta that was from less then a year ago. Why does it matter how old the meta is anyways?
Also I asked you because you seem to be a type from what I have read that meta read players.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #441 (isolation #69) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:51 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 440, Mitillos wrote:@farside: If not PrivateI, then who? In any case, his actions could indicate bad town, or they could indicate lurking scum. There was only one investigative role in the game. Suppose PrivateI's buddy is someone who isn't being suspected by anyone right now. PrivateI's power means that even if he gets lynched, he can continue talking the next day. He can say whatever, spam the thread slightly, make it harder for the town to gain cohesion. The sacrifice of a Treestump is minimal, compared to ensuring that there is no investigation, if there is a reasonable chance his partner won't be suspected.
PrivateI's vote came quite suddenly, once Yiley was one non-absta vote away from lynching. He's also pretty much lurking the game away. He gave a not-really-a-read on Yiley and now is saying that "others think absta is scum". These aren't reads.
Also, he's saying that we should lynch absta, so he doesn't make it to LyLo. But there are two problems with this:
1) His actions made it so we could already be in LyLo.
2) I already explained why we need to keep absta alive today and concentrate on finding scum, instead of trying to be clever with the setup. There will be time enough to do a strategic lynch tomorrow, if we find scum. And if we don't, keeping absta around is the only thing that gives us a second chance tomorrow (if farside does happen to be scum; otherwise we're in a much better position anyway).
At this point I feel like I'm trying to clear the bad from the good.
Like I have a town read on absta and I don't get the scum read that both Tier and Micc indicate.
If I'm correct about bad town then Private is gone. from the list I'm town. So that leaves......

Micc, Tier, Brian, you and Jklash.
I would have to reread each of the people since I tend to tunnel to narrow it down further.

I don't disagree that Private's vote came quickly, it was even as I pointed out a contradiction of her thoughts. She could be doing exactly as you believe is another option. It's WIFOM theory and I would rather look into what I may have missed before lynching another player based on theory. I need to some times sort my thoughts out and sit back and think if I missed something.
We have 10 days and I don't mind a discussion. I would rather be feeling good and believing I lynched scum because if wrong we end up in lylo tomorrow.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #442 (isolation #70) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:01 am

Post by farside22 »

Question to Jklash:
In post 115, jklash12 wrote:Yiley, any opinions on anyone?

As for what I think. No major scum reads yet. I think absta looks kind of fishy and I think farside looks town right now.
What made you think absta looked fishy?

Why did you not vote here when you made this observation?
In post 220, jklash12 wrote:To be honest, I am not quite sure what I am doing anymore. I am so confused.

UNVOTE:
What was the confusion about? Do you have scum suspects?
In post 294, jklash12 wrote:That was a good post, Micc, about the outcomes. So it looks like it could be beneficial to town by PL absta D1 or D2 because his vote basically just is help for the scum team. I think I would be down for a PL on Absta more on D2 because I still like my Yiley vote.
I'm not getting the scum read to good point from Micc about policy lynching. Why was it a good point.
In post 332, jklash12 wrote:Ok, are we going to go with the lynch absta today because of his role?
Why would you think a PL is a good idea if :
In post 326, jklash12 wrote:Whether or not that vote by PrivateI counted, that vote sucks and reeks of survivalism.
You believe the following about Private?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #443 (isolation #71) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:14 am

Post by farside22 »

Mit: Some questions for you:
In post 175, Mitillos wrote:Liking jk for town. And yeah, pick your message target to be anyone you think is town, as long as it's not Brian (obviously).

@absta: I think Yiley should decide on his own how to pick his investigation target.
What did JK say that changed your view of him?
In post 207, Mitillos wrote:@Yiley: Care to explain the discrepancy Micc laid out in post 188? If you believe that town behaviour entails extensive involvement, why are you not engaging people here? How does staying away from the discussion help the town?

@Micc: Could you give me the link to the game where Yiley says this, please? You only linked his scumgame, as far as I can see.
This bothers me a bit consider later you stated the follow reason's for town reading Micc:
In post 211, Mitillos wrote:@farside: Post 36: Concern regarding the worst case scenario for town.

Post 113: Defended absta a little and made his intentions regarding you (the double-voter) clear, stating he didn't see either of you as scummy. This was largely unprompted, which shows interest in both townhunting and scumhunting.

Post 142: Trying to make the most of the roles, in terms of finding scum.Trying to break the game in favour of the town is good (even though I don't think it can work in this setup), and it's not being done at the expense of scumhunting, which would be a thing scum is more likely to do.

In addition, his case on Yiley is a very good starting point,
at the very least. Saying that involvement is good and then staying largely out of the game is a clear contradiction.

Speaking of which, I found the link to the game where Yiley said that and I disagree with jklash. Yiley appears very active in that game, as a JK and most intervals of low activity from him seem to be centred around rl stuff (V/LA and so on) and night phases.

p-edit: @Tier: It's not about whether I can read or not. Someone called the clarity of your reads into question. Being abrasive about it doesn't help town, when you can just give the names or the post number where you believe that you gave your reads clearly. Sure, you don't have to, but it's not that difficult. And even if you don't, there's no need to say something as pointless as "You really can't filter out of my post who my scumspects are?". Like I said, it looks like stalling.

I understand not wanting to trust someone else's opinion of Yiley so readily, but that's exactly the problem. You're asking the town to do what you are refusing to do. You said "Yiley is easy to read imo so just leave that shit to me.", not "absta's probably wrong about Yiley".

As for my paragraphing, no, it used to be much worse, in my opinion. What would make my posts more readable, in your opinion? (Anyone can answer this.)
Why is it a good starting point if most of it was meta referrencing a scum game?

In post 233, Mitillos wrote:@Yiley: You could have at least responded to what was said. Particularly Micc's meta read on you. Your earlier response to my question did not satisfy me, since you don't seem to actually be doing what you said (i.e. sorting people out). You are basically lurking and trying to keep out of sight. You said yourself that this is not pro-town and you were correct.

Vote: Yiley

Why was it scummy that Yiley comes in and post and in that post he thinks he is being replaced so doesn't say anything to what is going on in the game?
Did you know if replaced a player is not supposed to post in the game?

In post 296, Mitillos wrote:To be completely honest, I'd rather lynch PrivateI or Yiley, at this point. Both have lurked the game away and I'm not seeing much in the way of scumminess from the other players, yet.

In fact, PrivateI has basically only really talked about Yiley. As farside pointed out, he hasn't given any scumreads. He's been sitting on his RV and his biggest contributions were to 1) sort of suggest a no-lynch and 2) defend Yiley, without even giving a read on him, until much later (111 posts and 5 days later, to be precise).

So, my preferential lynch order is PrivateI > Yiley > absta (only for strategic purposes) > anyone else.

Vote: PrivateI

In the worst case, where he flips town, we can still decide on whether we want to lynch absta tomorrow.

Incidentally, anyone who believes that absta is town should want to keep absta alive for now and try to find his partner, instead. The reason is that, just as a town hammerer can be manipulated by scum, a scum hammerer can be manipulated by the town. His vote is not his own. As counter-intuitive as this sounds, if you think absta is scum, you should look for his partner first, at least for D1.
Not a fan of lets lynch lurkers policy. Is it normal for you to think scum is in the lurker pool?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #444 (isolation #72) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:19 am

Post by farside22 »

While I'm thinking: @Jklash and Mit: Who are your current scum suspects and why?

I'll have more tomorrow. I
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #450 (isolation #73) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:43 am

Post by farside22 »

jklash who else do you have a scum read on besides private and why?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #458 (isolation #74) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:54 am

Post by farside22 »

Why are we talking numbers again with hypo theory?
I asked people before and I will ask again.
Who thinks I'm scum or that absta is scum.
If yes why?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #464 (isolation #75) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:33 pm

Post by farside22 »

I was thinking that maybe scum wanted to keep absta alive. Mic point started to get through my thought process after reading jklash response and mit response I feel this is less likely.
There was something I noticed that bothered me.
I'll be back later today to see if I'm losing it.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #466 (isolation #76) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:46 am

Post by farside22 »

BrainK: Who are your current scum reads and why?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #468 (isolation #77) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:54 am

Post by farside22 »

Every post I read from Micc is more about PL then scum hunting. I'm wanting Tier to explain that town read too.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #473 (isolation #78) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:14 am

Post by farside22 »

The prod dodges are pretty frustation. Will people who are town please start behaving like town.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #476 (isolation #79) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:15 am

Post by farside22 »

Tier: Is it like you to not pay attention to people in the game? Example: Do you not pay attnetion to said player do to town read?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #480 (isolation #80) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:24 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 477, TierShift wrote:PrI who are your scumspects?

More soon I hope.

@Farside: doesn't everyone pay less attention to townreads' alignments than to scumreads' ones? I know I do.
I would certainly not call it indicative of my alignment.
I thought I was the only one that did that. :lol:
You know with so many people who call others scummy for not reading X I just thought maybe I was the only person who ignored town reads.
No it's not alignment indictive. Just surprising.
In post 478, PrivateI wrote:Primarily because he consistently casts suspicion on others, specifically Tier, without voting, Absta. It's straight-up mudslinging.
Who are you talking about?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #482 (isolation #81) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:28 am

Post by farside22 »

@Tier: What make you have your initial town read on Micc?

On a side note I don't know if it's worse to ignore a town read or not. I have done the opposite twice and got paranoid and lynched the players, both were town. But on the other hand I was wrong about a town read and they were scum.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #483 (isolation #82) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:29 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 481, PrivateI wrote:
In post 480, farside22 wrote:Who are you talking about?
In reference to Tier's question.
The question Tier asked was who are your scum suspects.
Your response:
In post 478, PrivateI wrote:Primarily because he consistently casts suspicion on others, specifically Tier, without voting, Absta. It's straight-up mudslinging.
I have no idea who "he" is in this sentence.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #485 (isolation #83) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:39 am

Post by farside22 »

Private: Who besides Absta do you read as scum and why?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #487 (isolation #84) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:18 am

Post by farside22 »

Alright after researching town and scum games from Private I'm leaning scum at this point.

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... er_sort=Go - town

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... er_sort=Go scum game

As you can see a more clear line of thinking and scum hunting as town, scum less so. I figure if she thought she maybe lynched I would see more fighting and letting people know her scum reads at this point.

As far as partner I'm leaning a little on BrainK or Micc. More because neither have produced thus far reads on who is scum, while Micc continues to push on Absta over Private (I'm thinking scum wouldn't be that obvious) which makes me go back to Brain who puts thoughts but I don't see chasing that scum read down. Almost reads as a bit indifferent.

Thoughts?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #488 (isolation #85) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:40 am

Post by farside22 »

Actually I may replace Tier with Micc. But that would be more gut reason then something I could define on paper.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #491 (isolation #86) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:30 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 490, TierShift wrote:
In post 487, farside22 wrote:As far as partner I'm leaning a little on BrainK or Micc. More because neither have produced thus far reads on who is scum
Do you think both scum are passive this game?
I wouldn't say mic is not passive. But my experience is scum tend to make weak cases or look townish/blend in without doing much. Some player know how to do the aggressive/active but there far and few I know.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #493 (isolation #87) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:39 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 492, TierShift wrote:Well micc can...

I should reread some more.
Links? Town and scum games please.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #495 (isolation #88) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:04 pm

Post by farside22 »

farside: Almost everything is alright here, but there are two things which give me pause.
The first was how she joined the Yiley wagon and then "switched" to PrivateI after Yiley got lynched. It could be a simple mistake, or it could be because she's scum, trying to seem like she wasn't really committed to the Yiley lynch (because scum would be committed to it, since he was the only investigative role). Not only that, but she got on the Yiley wagon due to the deadline; the PrivateI wagon was exactly as large as Yiley's at that time (VC right before her vote), so it was at least as valid and not on a cop. (The TS one was not as viable, since absta was already on it.)
The second worrying thing was in post 441, where she categorically said that if we mislynch today, we end up in LyLo tomorrow. Assuming a mislynch and a NK that aren't her, we'll be down to 6 people, i.e. 7 votes. If she's town and we no-lynch, even if she dies overnight, we're down to 5 votes, with both town and mafia controlling 3 votes each (including absta's).

Read: Mostly town, but I'd really like a response to the two points above.
Private was lurking which I see from both town and scum. Yiley had meta against him so I based my vote on meta.
Today is 8 player.
Lynch town leaves 7 town and 2 scum night 1
Day 3 6 town, 2 scum.
Yeah I've been having the wrong number of player in this game all game long. Don't know why.
As for the change in vote from yiley to private I forgot about the hammer counting at the time.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #503 (isolation #89) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:12 am

Post by farside22 »

MIT: you have confused me. I see today is day 2.
Players alive is 8. That is 6 town 2 scum.
Mislynch is 5 town 2 scum night 2.
Day 3 after scum night kill is:
4 town 2 scum. How is that not mislynch lose day 3?
I thought I said this the first time, which I did, http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 1#p5776451
So what is wrong with my numbers.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #506 (isolation #90) » Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:57 am

Post by farside22 »

I haven't voted private because I'd like to be damn sure we lynch scum and not have to worry out lylo.
That said does any think the meta on private means anything?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #510 (isolation #91) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:39 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 507, PrivateI wrote:Quite honestly, I am not certain that it does. The primary town game in which I had time to collect my reads and compile them was when I was a replacement early on. At the same time, I had no school, and just a little work. I'm doing my best to stay afloat in these games, but it's difficult.
I find this hard to believe considering how active you were during marathon weekend
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #518 (isolation #92) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:45 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 513, TierShift wrote:Hmm farside why did you vote yiley at the end of day 1 and not private?
I've already answered this question from MIT.
TierShift wrote:I don't even care.

I just thought of this.

We cannot put two votes on anyone in case farside is scum with privateI, a team I could see, I guess.
Theories are fun. Town read to possible scum with no reason noted.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #520 (isolation #93) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:00 am

Post by farside22 »

Well you can throw theories out without a private lynch all you want but my vote on yiley was the meta and lurking is null.
Why is that suspicious?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #531 (isolation #94) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:15 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 529, TierShift wrote:Okay, let me stop before I go amd skip over things.
In post 487, farside22 wrote:Alright after researching town and scum games from Private I'm leaning scum at this point.

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... er_sort=Go scum game

As you can see a more clear line of thinking and scum hunting as town, scum less so. I figure if she thought she maybe lynched I would see more fighting and letting people know her scum reads at this point.
I'm not quite sure what you got out of this meta research. He doesn't scumhunt so much so he is probably scum? I don't think he has been this inactive in any other game so they probably aren't comparable.

Was the meta enough to let you sway from your earlier (bad-)townread on him?

@absta: let me try to write up something regarding micc tomorrow, comprehensibility not guaranteed
Would you think this was a town game based on his meta. He also claimed busy and posted multiple time with no issue during marathon weekend...so....
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #532 (isolation #95) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:49 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 522, TierShift wrote:
In post 520, farside22 wrote:Well you can throw theories out without a private lynch all you want but my vote on yiley was the meta and lurking is null.
Why is that suspicious?
Do you usually just copy other people's meta reads?
Yes
Where is the answer to my question from above?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #533 (isolation #96) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:51 pm

Post by farside22 »

I'm curious tier also who you think is scum now?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #535 (isolation #97) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:51 pm

Post by farside22 »

Tier what changed your min about private.
As I show below multiple time you call private scum until recently.
In post 397, TierShift wrote:Private needs to come in here and convince us he's not scum.
In post 424, TierShift wrote:No I'm pushing a lynch on private and have a nullread on absta on whom I don't understand your townread.

I'll talk about micc after an iso.
In post 516, TierShift wrote:I don't even care.

I just thought of this.

We cannot put two votes on anyone in case farside is scum with privateI, a team I could see, I guess.
In post 524, TierShift wrote:Private probably isn't scum but just a townie not helping towards his wincon. Unless someone has a more convincing meta research that PrI just randomly quickhammers then lurks away as scum I wouldn't lynch him because he'd be a treestump, nor because I think he's scum. I'd only lynch him because he's a safe lynch.

I don't believe in farside-pri nor in farside-absta so you can be the town voice of reason now farside even tho I haven't really taken a look at your play yet.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #543 (isolation #98) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:10 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 537, TierShift wrote:Meh I'm not so sure on private it's just that people who play (self)destructively like this often flip town. As scum you don't play like this because you will not get away with it.
What changed your mind about private?

This above tells me nothing.
In post 540, TierShift wrote:Yeap, always works.

@Farside: I still don't see what the meta proves and how itchanged your mind about him, you say nonsense about that.
3 people pointed out the yiley stated inactivity as scummy, you pointed out his activity elsewhere. 4 people finding his play scummy (2 which stated knoweledge) means it more likley then not.
Why do you keep ignoring my questions about what makes is scummy?
PrivateI wrote:
In post 439, farside22 wrote:I personally do not like the hammer or even Private's wording. I did a short meta dive into private as well (and when I have time I will post the links) his scum game is not idiotic in the least. I just remember that off the top of my head but links will come tomorrow with this.

I played in a game and modded a game? Compared to the previous Marathon Weekend, as your extensive meta research should have told you, that is a HUGE decrease in activity. Don't deign to tell me that I'm not significantly busier right now than I have been at any point on this site. As I said, I'm doing my best to stay up in all games because the thought of replacing out does not appeal to me whatsoever.

oooo I loved making points against scum it's my favorite thing in the world to do.

You posted in mish mash (as you said extensive search), you are posting in multiple places at least once a day in MS. The only thing that gives me pause is the lack of scum hunting. Even in the recent scum game you were in that ended you gave a shit.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #545 (isolation #99) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:50 am

Post by farside22 »

I don't usually do theory but I keep thinking about Private here. Town Private = passoniate.
Scum Private typically pretty vocal.

This private is neither, but the lynch of the cop and the bases of why does not bode well. Usually I would expect a player that just did something pretty bad to go, my bad or that was pretty stupid. This game nothing from Private other then absta is being looked at as scum so vote.
There is no drive I would expect from someone town who fucked up.
Would town be appathic?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #546 (isolation #100) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:07 am

Post by farside22 »

Another things that crossed my mind. Why did Private vote for yiley was never answered either?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #548 (isolation #101) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:13 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 547, TierShift wrote:
In post 543, farside22 wrote:What changed your mind about private?
A reread. But I need him to convince me of either alignment still.
@Farside: I still don't see what the meta proves and how itchanged your mind about him, you say nonsense about that.

3 people pointed out the yiley stated inactivity as scummy, you pointed out his activity elsewhere. 4 people finding his play scummy (2 which stated knoweledge) means it more likley then not.
Why do you keep ignoring my questions about what makes is scummy?
The thing that makes it scummy is the suddenness of the vote. You never really voiced yiley suspicions earlier.

I still don't understand your meta explanations.
Multiple people explained his meta. I saw no reason to doubt it.

your back and forth about Private is very unsettling.

when you saw Yiley posting elsewhere did you check to see if Private was doing the same?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #550 (isolation #102) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:01 am

Post by farside22 »

@Tier: I'm trying to figure out all this back and forth from you.

Wanting to lynch Private (no vote though)
In post 429, TierShift wrote:
In post 427, farside22 wrote:I know people read things differently then others, but I'm not sure how you expect me to get your point when you don't show one that I can grasp.
Ok, that's fair.

I don't think he's pri's partner so let's go for the pri flip.
In post 547, TierShift wrote:
In post 543, farside22 wrote:What changed your mind about private?
A reread. But I need him to convince me of either alignment still.

unsure of alignment

In post 537, TierShift wrote:Meh I'm not so sure on private it's just that people who play (self)destructively like this often flip town. As scum you don't play like this because you will not get away with it.
maybe town
In post 526, TierShift wrote:Having said that, I'm not completely sure on my prI read yet.

Pri. Who are your scumreads? Like scumreads, not people you want lynched.
not sure
In post 524, TierShift wrote:Private probably isn't scum but just a townie not helping towards his wincon. Unless someone has a more convincing meta research that PrI just randomly quickhammers then lurks away as scum I wouldn't lynch him because he'd be a treestump, nor because I think he's scum. I'd only lynch him because he's a safe lynch.

I don't believe in farside-pri nor in farside-absta so you can be the town voice of reason now farside even tho I haven't really taken a look at your play yet.
back to town

very wishy washy stance on private.
This reads as someone that will switch votes and yet no vote on anyone today.
Why no vote on anyone Tier?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #554 (isolation #103) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:10 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 551, TierShift wrote:Uh I first want to consider you and pri as a team
Once I've crossed that off I'll move elsewhere
How does this explain your back and forth read on private?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #555 (isolation #104) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:42 am

Post by farside22 »

@tier:
In post 372, TierShift wrote:Yo I agree with the fact that there probably is a scum on there. I think it's Private, but if it isn't him it might just be jklash.
What happend with jklash anyways? I noticed you never asked him about his vote after voicing this thought about him and private.

Yes i noticed he has since replaced but you never followed anything up before that, any reason why?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #560 (isolation #105) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:40 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 551, TierShift wrote:Uh I first want to consider you and pri as a team
Once I've crossed that off I'll move elsewhere
In post 556, TierShift wrote:
In post 554, farside22 wrote:How does this explain your back and forth read on private?
It's just not solid yet.

I'm gonna read up on jk and brian.
VOTE: Tier

Claiming a scum team read with no basis on an uncertain read.
Yeah that makes no sense.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #565 (isolation #106) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:21 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 564, TierShift wrote:Uh AJ I did not call the cop town, really. But keep on reading.

@Farside: what's not to get? If you are scum with PrivateI, the game ends today if we lynch someone else. I don't have a scumread on you, but I need to make sure we don't head towards a certain loss before going after anyone else.

Now that I'm convinced it's not you and PrivateI, I know that there's gonna be an extra day sl I can pursue my scumreads.
I'm the type that looks for scum pair. If you are looking for scum pair's it's because you find a player scummy not null to uncertain. That is pretty BS line of thinking you have there.
Oh there could be a scum pair between 2 players. One I'm not sure of and the other I never had a scum read on.
Tell me how that make sense at all?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #566 (isolation #107) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:24 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 561, Aj The Epic wrote:Hello everyone, still early in my reading as I'm trying not to miss everything.
In post 136, TierShift wrote:Brian, a lynch day 1 will give us something to work with. If we afterwards decide we want to no lynch, so be it. But let's just play this like a normal day 1.

Farside, yiley will probably give himself away at some point in time, but I didn't really think about him much yet.

Yiley, obvtown pls kthx.
In light of the lynch as well as Yiley's role, this is a town post. Not only do I have some recent meta on Tier but the fact that he was easily calling a town cop town (aka not giving any doubt right here [bear in mind, have not read the whole day so I'm not sure if this flipped]) means he had no intention of getting rid of one of the town's most powerful roles. It is, at very least, ridiculously against the scum's wincon to call Yiley town so easily.
I'm noting this one till you finish the read.
In post 563, Micc wrote:Crossing my fingers that Aj will bring some sense into this town. Real post coming tomorrow afternoon.
Doubt it. My scum read is Tier/AJ currently.
Longer post with explaination will be tomorrow.

Mod: Can we get an extention for the day due to replacement and prod issues?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #568 (isolation #108) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:21 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 567, TierShift wrote:Geez farside if you're scum with pri it's game ending so I can be paranoid, that's all

I'm not calling you scum i was just crossing that one off my list before continuing

don't be dense
Funny.
See when someone calls out a team. There is something more like this:
In post 310, TierShift wrote:Micc's trajectory on jklash is also completely screwed up, they could definitely be a team. Also see the friendly, explanatory talk towards each other which doesn't tell much, then the sudden vote from micc that he has afterwards forgotten about, seekng he put jk as null. Now he and jk take paths that are completely in the opposite direction, jk calling me town for the hammer and micc calling me scum for it, without actually speaking to each other about it.

VOTE: micc
Reason's giving a good pov that makes sense. You know the thing you did in the quote above in another game.
This one is no reason, no rhyme and vague.
Tell me again that scum read and reasoning you put a team together on a null/wishy washy read and me?

Awnser?

*cricket*
*cricket*
*cricket*
*cricket*
Paranoid is someone who thinks a player is scum. You didn't state a scum read.
Did you?

*looks*

Nope
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #571 (isolation #109) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:46 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 569, TierShift wrote:I have no idea what you are talking about, can you pull yourself together please
Imagined team for no reason. Sure so much rational reason for that. :roll:
What ever you say mr. scum.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #574 (isolation #110) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:08 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 572, TierShift wrote:I'm wondering how imagining a team which you think is an irrational thing to do makes me scum
Because you don't make up teams without a reason, as I showed earlier. It comes with a rationale that you are lacking.
questions not answered in the process of back and forth:
Why the wishy washy stance on Private
What is the point of making a scum team on players you don't read as scum
Why would you be paranoid of a player you don't have a scum read on.

Things like that add up.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #583 (isolation #111) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:14 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 576, TierShift wrote:Farside none of that makes me scum now go away

Absta we are not PL'ing you anytime. If we have a town lynch today, a PL will just lead to a town loss directly.
Dodging questions noted.
Should I mention the questions you asked that were asked by others? Pointless questions that didn't really looking into an allignment of players that supposedly you were concerned were scum together.

@Private and Mit: My concern with Private and how I first approached private was thinking he was scum.
His vote and comments on Yiley were completely contradiction and the amount of effort is laughable to say the least.
Both micc and Brain said they felt the lynch was something that scum would be looking for. You have Mit and jklash on the other side feeling it was scummy. I was thinking Private was scummy for it as well.
Then you have Tier fence sitting shit (yeah not fucking town get over it)
2 sides with 2 different views. I thinking private is scum think scum would buss on someone that did something so obvious. Who is bussing. Mit (town read) and jklash (interesting) and wishy washy there (Tier)
Then I did my meta research. The meta didn't match either alignment. This makes less sense for scum then town, but the lack of any scum hunting gives pause. So I looked further into recent things and things I looked at (on going games I noted) made me pause my thought process and I looked back into others reads and thoughts in the game.
Micc: I want to PL and game mechanics (why is this scummy) I thought about Brain's point about Micc's passion on the subject and how much he tunnel's on this concept. Everytime he post it is all he thinks about. Not town, but not scum either. It's null in one sense, not really scum hunting but feeling it is best for the town to do.
Question to Tier: How is the above about Micc scummy?
Brain: multiple thoughts about players. He has thoughts he shares (I can link the post later if need be) and it has a flow that you can follow.
So I'm back to is Private scum? When things don't make sense for scum to do I have realized that doesn't make it scummmy. It's bad, it's someone I would like to see replaced, it's someone who doesn't give 2 shits about the game. But is it scummy?
Then I go back and see Tier, asking questions asked. Tying players together for no rhyme or reason and noticed that Tier found both Private and Jklash vote questionable from Yiley but never asked jklash about his vote. Why?
That is the million dollor question i do not have an answer for.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #585 (isolation #112) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:43 am

Post by farside22 »

Tier wrote:To add to that, he compeltely seems to have forgotten absta's reads were fake. That was another thing I didn't like, calling absta's reads fake. They read pretty genuine to me.
Oh really?

In post 225, TierShift wrote:
In post 217, absta101 wrote:Farside is back to town. Mitt is town. Brian is not as scummy as before imo. Jklash is not a town read anymore. Not so sure on Micc scum anymore but still think he's a possibility. Worst case scenario, Yiley and Jklash are scum.
Brian hasn't done any new shit so explain what changed about him.
I don't see what changed about jklash either.

If you're gonna put up your reads and not explain them you might as well not post them.

Also, if you'd actually post something decent as to why I'd be scum, I'd be happy.
That reads as genunie?

Questions I asked:
What is the point of making a scum team on players you don't read as scum
Why would you be paranoid of a player you don't have a scum read on.
Micc: I want to PL and game mechanics (why is this scummy) I thought about Brain's point about Micc's passion on the subject and how much he tunnel's on this concept. Everytime he post it is all he thinks about. Not town, but not scum either. It's null in one sense, not really scum hunting but feeling it is best for the town to do.
noticed that Tier found both Private and Jklash vote questionable from Yiley but never asked jklash about his vote. Why?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #593 (isolation #113) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:34 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 589, Mitillos wrote: @farside: I'm having a lot of trouble parsing many of your posts. Did you have a question for me in post 583? You say "@Private and Mit:" but then I don't really see anything that's directed at me.
It was me explaining my reasoning why Tier is scum and the Private lynch that is being discussed gives me pause.
Whether people like it or not. Both sides have a point. Micc, as much as it's more at this point stop and scum hunt instead of using mechanic's, he made a point day 1 and feels it's best for the town. Again how is that scummy? Once absta flips alignment where does he go from there. However day 1 he did more then game mechanic's. Is it screaming town....no, isn't it screaming scum....no.
Then we have Private. Doing absolute shit. We have the contradiction on Yiley the lack of anything remotely scum hunting. However looking at his games it doesn't fit into either town or scum play. How does it make him scum here?
That is the questions I have not had anyone answer here.

Micc: Once a flip happens of absta then what? You have not been scum hunting much.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #594 (isolation #114) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:36 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 586, TierShift wrote:because it's potentially MyLo and that alone is a reason to give any possible scumteam a renewed look
The fact that he doesn't scumhunt is what's scummy, not the fact that he wants a PL.
He scum hunted day 1 and my follow up what is the difference between Micc's actions and Privates actions this game?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #598 (isolation #115) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:48 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 595, absta101 wrote:
Farside wrote:However looking at his games it doesn't fit into either town or scum play. How does it make him scum here?
I don't think that's a valid reason to be unsure of private. Especially considering he only has a few hundred posts on the site.

If his play here doesn't look like either his scum game or town game then you can't use meta to defend or attack him. However, this does not mean we cannot call him scummy solely for his play in this game.
Exactly!
Hence the pause.
OTOH I have Tier wishy washy stance on Private. I see nothing I can point to that looks like an attempt to figuring Private out. He thinks Micc is scum but not private for not scum hunting. Those things add up. It's almost readling like Tier is protecting Private but I'm sure it's more Tier scum tying himself to Private.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #599 (isolation #116) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:49 am

Post by farside22 »

As a reminder:
mod wrote:Deadline is in 1 day, 11 hours, 6 minutes
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #602 (isolation #117) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:22 am

Post by farside22 »

And I stand by my scum team.
Anyone wants my votes, it aj or Tier.

We have this wonderful comment.
In post 561, Aj The Epic wrote:Hello everyone, still early in my reading as I'm trying not to miss everything.
In post 136, TierShift wrote:Brian, a lynch day 1 will give us something to work with. If we afterwards decide we want to no lynch, so be it. But let's just play this like a normal day 1.

Farside, yiley will probably give himself away at some point in time, but I didn't really think about him much yet.

Yiley, obvtown pls kthx.
In light of the lynch as well as Yiley's role, this is a town post. Not only do I have some recent meta on Tier but the fact that he was easily calling a town cop town (aka not giving any doubt right here [bear in mind, have not read the whole day so I'm not sure if this flipped]) means he had no intention of getting rid of one of the town's most powerful roles. It is, at very least, ridiculously against the scum's wincon to call Yiley town so easily.
In the catch up he ignores the fact that Tiershift ends up calling yiley scum after a few days later. First you have this:
In post 195, TierShift wrote:I hope you see the irony of a hammerer and a treestump present :lol:

P-edit:
Yiley is easy to read imo so just leave that shit to me. If he's scum, he's more likely to be evasive and distant while if he's town he's actively asking (semi-dumb) questions that are relevant in some way or another.
In post 192, absta101 wrote:Tier is just terribly scummy at this point as well because he's only seemed to find one person scummy (private) who hasn't even been posting anything.
Uh no?
It seems to me that he's scared of calling people scummy so he doesn't have to commit. That explains his vote on private and why he uses terms like "so that sucks" to describe scummy play.
I'm sorry you're not used to using the same language as I do.

'That sucks' implies that it's scummy, bro, get your ass out of here with non-commital.

You really can't filter out of my post who my scumspects are?

P-P-edit:
Lol I've been voting lurkers, call the police.
A few days later:
In post 237, TierShift wrote:Yiley gives off zero townvibes. He's been posting in mishmash while not here. I expected him to get involved in the past few days if he were town, but he hasn't done so. I don't give a shit about him being cop, we just lynch scum.

VOTE: yiley
L-2 by my count.

Absta is a shit lynch micc, why do you think it's decent?

I don't thnk we should use the RB tonight if we lynch yiley, but I don't really have any clue as to when to use it since it will just put us at even numbers instead of odd which sucks, basically.
Apparently posting elsewhere is scummy only for Yiley. :roll: :roll: :roll:
One post does not = town. Ignoring the full game and voting a player based on what arrogance? Calling Tier scum?
Where the fuck this
AJ wrote:However, Absta only talks about Tier. The issue being scum will talk ABOUT and AROUND their opponents, even when engaged in discussion
theory comes from is BS.
Everyone fucking talks about their scum suspect and around their scum suspects. how ever fucking came out with that theory doesn't obviously play the game.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #605 (isolation #118) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:17 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 603, TierShift wrote:Are we doing associative tells without flips again

bad farside, bad
So your going to look at A.J. post and say you don't see the irony?
In post 604, TierShift wrote:What happened to your pri suspicions btw farside
Obvisiouly not reading. Fake questions do not make you look good either.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #606 (isolation #119) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:18 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 603, TierShift wrote:Are we doing associative tells without flips again

bad farside, bad
Ooo and hypocritcal. Not a scum tell but I point it out as a peeve.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #610 (isolation #120) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:39 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 608, Aj The Epic wrote:@Farside, I'm not AT post 195 when I quote 136... That much should be obvious... (If it isn't, holy shit...)
Duh. You have since read past 136 and said shit all about anyone but absta.

1. "The rest of you" implies everyone BUT Micc. And MAYBE Yiley, but you had already trashed him. Tbh, I can find other examples to support this anyways. Hence:
In post 129, absta101 wrote:
In post 128, Yiley wrote:I guess that could work ts
I really hate your style of play, just so you know. Actually do some scum hunting for once and post more content?
In post 153, absta101 wrote:So many players in this game are lazy, just fucking play!

Private why is your random vote still on me? Can you actually do something?
In post 164, absta101 wrote:This game will prob get fucked because of this slacking play by town.

VOTE: Brian
And this is just to where I'm at, not the whole game!

2. Most of what you wrote was slander, but here's an easy lie from this post:
Tier's only suspect is privateI.

You ignore the fact that in his post two above, he immediately calls Brian TWICE on being unhelpful and 'discussing game mechanics' over content. He also expresses issues with Yiley, so right there you have two people outside of PrivateI...

You slander again by saying " It seems to me that he's scared of calling people scummy so he doesn't have to commit. That explains his vote on private and why he uses terms like "so that sucks" to describe scummy play." You just used your own presumption to come up with an explanation... This is neither justification nor helpful.

3. Micc hadn't POSTED recently, and Tiershift had already responded to your garbage... In your own post, you go @Micc: Paragraph. As for the rest of you: Paragraph. Therefore, I'm not accepting "I was addressing Micc" as an answer. That's a bunch of horseshit.
Why does any of this make absta scum? At worst it makes him an asshole to play with. (no offense. I don't really know how to put things nicely)
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #613 (isolation #121) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:07 am

Post by farside22 »

*Looks in the dictionary*

Manipulate:
ma·nip·u·late/məˈnɪpyəˌleɪt/ Show Spelled [muh-nip-yuh-leyt] Show IPA
verb (used with object), ma·nip·u·lat·ed, ma·nip·u·lat·ing.
1. to manage or influence skillfully, especially in an unfair manner: to manipulate people's feelings.
For someone reason this word comes to mind reading A.J. recent post.
Is it just me?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #621 (isolation #122) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:31 am

Post by farside22 »

You want a debate!
Bawahahahahaahahahaha........hahahahahahahahahhahahaha

*wipes tears*

How about we start with your read first.
One scum read. Based on arrogance. Based on a players style.
How about the debate of this quote
AJ wrote:However, Absta only talks about Tier. The issue being scum will talk ABOUT and AROUND their opponents, even when engaged in discussion.
And tell me how you did not do that exact same fucking thing in your post?
Tell me how in the world you use common emotions that people have and turn it into a scum tell. At best it's null tells. At worst it proves people are dysfunctional, irrational and prone to outburst (none which is scummy).
Tell me why you felt the need to make your first post a town tell about one player in the game?

I'm now going to go line by line of the drivel you posted:
aj wrote:But even his quotes "NOT SCUMHUNTING" replacing Brian's actual post shows a certain level of dislike and suspicion
How is this suspicion? That is a stretch.
aj wrote:Telling someone they aren't scumhunting is on the same level of telling someone they're being anti-town.
Anti-town is not always mean scummy. Anti-town is simply anti-town. Like Private.
Tier wrote: isn't pushing a policy lynch when he's PROMPTING Yiley. He's not writing Yiley off and immediately moving against him. What he did was perfectly town. He stated a suspicion, gave an ultimatum and even gave him some advice on how to fulfill that ultimatum.
Or Tier waited and figure hey I get rid of the cop and make it liget vote. Look I love making theories they are fun! :roll:
But lets push the sarcasm out the window and put the fact that absta had been suspcious of Tier since the fucking jump which means his Tier suspicious is......more valid then suspcious.

aj wrote:Showing arrogance here when no one comes at him for his arrogance is just as much him obtaining an untouchable position as him actually posting well from a psychological standpoint.
What the fuck does this even mean?
aj wrote: "You've been shitposting all game and you expect me to listen to you?". It's an arrogant style and the fact that this town A. Put up with him and B. Hasn't seen his scum posting is mildly disappointing, though from what it sounds like I've landed in a game where a few of you just completed a R2Rome game recently...
Again being an asshole is not scummy. If you have proof that being an ass is scummy I will show you all of my town games where I behavied the same way. I'm a jerk nothing more.

In short: Emotions of a player that you post are either null or nothing worth pointing out as scum.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #628 (isolation #123) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:35 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 626, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 583, farside22 wrote:Brain: multiple thoughts about players. He has thoughts he shares (I can link the post later if need be) and it has a flow that you can follow.
Not sure what you're insinuating about me in this line.
town read

UNVOTE: Tier
VOTE: AJ
TierShift wrote:VOTE: private[/v
I think this is the lymch I want today.
Wow that wishy washy stance on Private, who didn't see that vote coming!
:roll:
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #631 (isolation #124) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:29 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 629, Micc wrote:Aj comes in and expresses thoughts that pretty much mimic my feelings about Absta at that given part of the game. Then Aj gets deadline wagoned for it. And you guys wonder why I cant find the motivation to actually care about this game.

VOTE: Absta

I'll be back after class to answer all the stuff directed at me.
That reason is crappy and a bunch of null.
Just because you got caught once with it as a tell does not make it a tell for every person you run across.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #632 (isolation #125) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:39 am

Post by farside22 »

Actually I'm going to
FOS: Mic
on that. Not bothering to check meta on absta and using a tell without meta research is something I would expect better from a player that reads others meta.
2 year or 6 months meta still has meaning. Is he arrogant in the past should have been a factor and is one that Micc pretty much refused to consider.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #634 (isolation #126) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:30 am

Post by farside22 »

Should I point out that the case that Aj post is not anything he ever has post in another game. A player with a superior sense of self as a scum tell is no where to be found as a scum tell for him.
Or should I point out that jklash claimed he
In post 536, jklash12 wrote:Mod: I would like to replace out. I had a busy week and got behind on this game.
But sure as shit has no issue sign up and playing other games. Either way by the by town or scum I will personally ban players who replace out of game and sign in for other games here.
just point that more out as a personal peeve.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #636 (isolation #127) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:45 am

Post by farside22 »

*psst* Tier
Hammer your scum buddy. You don't have to pretend to find a case just for me you know.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #640 (isolation #128) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:04 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 637, TierShift wrote:I'm not doing a case. I'm just hammering whoever I think has more chance of flipping scum.

It's just, I'm quite against deadline wagons and I don't think AJ's strong manipulative stances would make much sense as a scum replacement.

Then again I have a sort of townread on absta.

And there's some voice in the back of my head saying there's probably scum between the two.
Fine I'll be nice for a second and ask a couple of questions.

Does it make sense to have a case on something you have never believed it or have no reason's in your past to have that thought process and be town?
Does it make sense for a player that feels a player is scum because he has seen it as scum?
Which makes more sense for a player to be thinking that is town?
Which one is more likely then not?

On another question: Obvious AJ has played with you before what was he like in the game you 2 played together?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #642 (isolation #129) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:17 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 641, TierShift wrote:I cannot make sense of the first 4 questions.

I played with AJ once, here: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=35974. He was scum and I was the only one reading him correctly, but I was third party. I can't read him based on meta or something tho.

I think he's being quite manipulative here which he did in the scumgame but might do as town as well.
Simply put from your own prospective.
Have you ever found someone scummy based on an action that you never thought was scummy before?

meta search:

aj's scum game
scum game

town game
town replaced out

I sorta of see a few things that stand out. I see from town games more standard things I expect players to find scummy. Not taking stances for one. He sure is good as scum, I'll give him points on that.

Second question: If he was manipulative as scum in a game you were in why would you question his behavior and entrance in the game here?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #643 (isolation #130) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:20 am

Post by farside22 »

Tier: Which town game did you see AJ being manipulative?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #645 (isolation #131) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:38 am

Post by farside22 »

Why couldn't have been a triple voter this game.
Sigh
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #647 (isolation #132) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:58 am

Post by farside22 »

@Brian:
mod wrote:This game has a day start.
All roles are listed below. These roles will be assigned using a draft.
Alignments will be randomized after roles have been picked, but will not be assigned until after everyone has picked a role. This game is not guaranteed to be balanced.
There will be 7 town and 2 mafia players.
We’re testing out the Private Topics on site!
Mafia have daytalk.
I wasn't sure if you were saying there was one scum but I felt the need to point it out because that was how I read your last comment.
a) To some degree, yes. I hold the firm expectation that players should (but not always) evolve as players. They will continuously be looking to improve and it's possible for them to develop new scum-tells or change their mafia philosophy. Especially for newer players.
b) If they have shown a strong aversion to believing their own case in the past and lack proper reasoning to change their said belief, then no. It's scummy. A lot of people are stubborn about their ideals, and the longer one plays, the harder it is to change the way they look at the game.
evolve, yes.
I never saw a player come up with a theory out of the blue for no reason.
Usually if you think something is scummy or you have a reason for thinking something is scummy is either (a) you watched a game and saw it happen (b) you played in a game where it happed or (c) there are examples you have looked through to see if the idea is valid
I tend to have a, b a lot and think c is something people should do but don't do.

See my probably with Aj's reason for finding absta scummy I see no reason he should have that theory. No game he played or case he made that used that analogy.
I have see people who use language tells before (really hate the term) but this is more wordy without making a valid argument on why it is scummy. I don't care if you had a BA in advance human pysch I would still call it a shit case.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #652 (isolation #133) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:28 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 648, PrivateI wrote:
In post 642, farside22 wrote:Second question: If he was manipulative as scum in a game you were in why would you question his behavior and entrance in the game here?
What are you asking here? For the life of me, I don't get it.
Read the game. I know it's a novel concept and maybe difficult.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #653 (isolation #134) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:30 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 651, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 632, farside22 wrote:Actually I'm going to FOS: Mic on that.
It actually doesn't do much for me in determining Mic's alignment. It falls exactly into line with his perpetual Absta tunnel.
Maybe.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #655 (isolation #135) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:03 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 654, PrivateI wrote:
In post 652, farside22 wrote:
In post 648, PrivateI wrote:
In post 642, farside22 wrote:Second question: If he was manipulative as scum in a game you were in why would you question his behavior and entrance in the game here?
What are you asking here? For the life of me, I don't get it.
Read the game. I know it's a novel concept and maybe difficult.
Well, to me, it's fairly obvious why he questions AJ's behavior and entrance into the game based on his past experience. Perhaps I'm incorrect, but if someone plays a certain way as scum in a game we play together, and exhibits the exact same behavior in a future game, I will likely question it.
Private:
Tier stated the following about AJ
In post 637, TierShift wrote:I'm not doing a case. I'm just hammering whoever I think has more chance of flipping scum.

It's just, I'm quite against deadline wagons and I don't think AJ's strong manipulative stances would make much sense as a scum replacement.
Then he states:
In post 641, TierShift wrote:I cannot make sense of the first 4 questions.

I played with AJ once, here: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=35974. He was scum and I was the only one reading him correctly, but I was third party. I can't read him based on meta or something tho.

I think he's being quite manipulative here which he did in the scumgame but might do as town as well.
Tier never questioned aj entrance. He in fact thinks that he would not make an extrance like that as scum. Yet Tier's experience with Aj states that aj was muniplative as scum in a prior game. My point is Tier should have questioned aj's motives more then just fluffing it off.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #680 (isolation #136) » Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:10 am

Post by farside22 »

I think tier is scum still. Don't know about the other. I'm starting to wonder if private is pretending stupid, mic has done nothing but tunnel and talk about pl absta and brain at least is talking about his thought.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #683 (isolation #137) » Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:50 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 681, TierShift wrote:Okay, what makes me scum then? What's different in my play here than in micro 306?
You attacked people more. You didn't think about your actions you voted who you thought was scum with some thought and very very little wishy washiness.
Those are the main differences I noticed.

In short had you thought AJ was scum you would not be hemming and hawing about it and my opinion your view about aj behaving as scum in a game and using the words possible doing it as town, tells me you were not surprised about AJ's flip.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #685 (isolation #138) » Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:45 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 684, TierShift wrote:All I see is propaganda here.

It makes me waver on my reads.

I think I clearly stated that I wasn't content with the choices I had. PrI would ahve been so much better.
:roll:
Is there a time in this game your reads have not waived.
Do you have a scum read?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #687 (isolation #139) » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:09 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 686, TierShift wrote:How is wavering a scumtell? It's what my towngame usually is like.
I'm sorry did you just ask me about 306? *looks* yup.
You were pretty much scum reading kaze that game for 2 days. Don't tell me you waive on your reads.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #691 (isolation #140) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:36 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 688, TierShift wrote:I do it all the time when I care about a game. Go read any other towngame of mine.

Lynching scum day 1 makes a game boring.
Can you link examples. I'm going to be busy today.
In post 689, Micc wrote:Well that was a pretty terrible lynch. I want to look at Tier and Brian mostly because I'm pretty shaky on those two. Private could still go either way but my gut has been saying lynchbait all game and I highly doubt that wagon got pushed through with only one scum. Ill probably have to reread a few times. Ill probably start by looking at reads on jklash for people on the AJ wagon because there seemed to be a whole lot of ignoring the first four-fifths of the game from everybody on that wagon.
I got paranoid by the bad theory and seeing nothing from AJ's past that indicated why he would think what he stated would be an accurate scum read. I still think it's terrible reasoning. No amount of psycology will convince me otherwise.
(yes my spelling sucks)
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #695 (isolation #141) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:35 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 693, TierShift wrote:Something about the farside absta interaction is nagging me. I think I'll need a full reread of the game and I can't promise when I'll provide it.

@farside: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=36069, for instance and the game micc constantly has been linking.
The game you linked the times you changed your reads were based on game play or others cases. Most of the time you were strong on your opinions in that game (lacking here) until things started making no sense that game (which you have stated anything not making sense).

Let me know if you want to continue digging your own grave. Please
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #697 (isolation #142) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:03 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 696, TierShift wrote:Meh then read the game micc linked

I just don't know what you're attacking me on, but if it's inconsistency with my town meta, you're dead wrong.
*ticks of reasons why Tier is scum*

1. Wishy washy reads (why would that be town?)
2. no scum reads currently (no strong course of reads on anyone apparently). No this is not town. If so how.
3. Called AJ's play an example of how he plays as scum, but didn't vote for him and used the words could play manipulative as possible town, but unsure. If a player you have played with plays a certain way as scum the doubt of the play makes no sense.

Your reason's for finding anyone in this game scum is????
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #699 (isolation #143) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:00 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 698, TierShift wrote:1. Wishy washy reads is not a scumtell
2. No scumreads atm isn't a scumtell (I will read and place vote and shit)
3. I'm not an advocate of shitty meta. In fact, I'm against it. I've only played with him as one alignment before, so I have no right to make meta judgement.

Really?
1. Why not?
2. Why not?
3. But you voted day 1 on Yiley for shitty meta.....so?

really
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #701 (isolation #144) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:12 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 700, TierShift wrote:1. Sometimes, I'm not sure of my reads. Town can be unsure of reads.
2. I'm torn between different options. I'm pretty sure I'm missing something. That's why I don't have clear reads right now.
3. I've played a few games with yiley with him as both alignments.

You are just taking uncertainty as a scumtell
while it's super easy to fake certainty as scum
. I really don't understand how any of these arguments are pointing towards me being scum.
You haven't shown me a game that shows you as uncertain as town.
Waived, yes, waived with reasoning sure. Waived based on not having a read in a game. Fuck no.
You want to say well it's just how I am, that's fucking BULLSHIT.
Everytime I ask for a read I get, well I'm thinking, looking, reading, not sure.
There is nothing town in those statements.
Lets point at the bold for a good reason for you to be scum.
You haven't had a good read all game. Unless you can point to a game where you were town where you were unsure all fucking game I'm going to keep calling you scum.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #707 (isolation #145) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:29 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 702, Micc wrote:
In post 694, absta101 wrote:
@Micc
In post 689, Micc wrote:Well that was a pretty terrible lynch. I want to look at Tier and Brian mostly because I'm pretty shaky on those two. Private could still go either way but my gut has been saying lynchbait all game and I highly doubt that wagon got pushed through with only one scum. Ill probably have to reread a few times. Ill probably start by looking at reads on jklash for people on the AJ wagon because there seemed to be a whole lot of ignoring the first four-fifths of the game from everybody on that wagon.
So basically you have no scum reads?
Yeah, sure, pretty much.
If I point out that this is your scummy *sling scummyness on everyone else tone* will I get insta-lynched like Aj did?

In other news, farside is kind of freaking me out with this whole Tiershift thing. I think Tier might be scum, but its not because he has wishy washy reads, or because he doesn't have scum reads. I will re-iterate that Tier was all over the place in the game I played with him as town. Read the last day of that game if you really have any doubt.

I skimmed through the ISO's for Tier, Brian, Farside, and Absta and it turns out the trajectory on jklash was a lot more natural than I remembered off the top of my head. The only one that I really question is Tiershift who had jklash at the most likely to be scum within his townreads (591) prior to jklash's replacement. I want to go back and analyze the Yiley wagon at some point too, but I won't have time to get around to it tonight.
I'm passioniate when I think someone is scum and I feel no one is listening.
I don't know why wishy washy or his lack of scum reads makes him seem anything but scum.
What is your scum read more about?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #714 (isolation #146) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:11 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 713, absta101 wrote:You know what, i'm super confident Tier is scum. Fucking kill him NOW!

Farside you can vote him. If Tier was town, scum would be helping us push his lynch hard. No one is doing that, therefore he is scum.
I'm trying to figure out the other scum. I'm currently torn because there is so much lurking, lack of passion, lack of anything coming from some people.
I want to look into one thing before I finish today out.

Oh and by the way even if I voted it would not be a hammer vote. It takes 4 to lynch, not 3.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #716 (isolation #147) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:23 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 715, TierShift wrote:Absta's vote doesn't matter one bit.

I want micc to come in here and talk.

I can't schedule the reread yet.
Who am I scum with Tier? Huh!!

Anyways I looked into Tier's scum game to see what type of scum player he was more then anything. I wanted to see if he bussed or interacted at all with his scum buddy. He interacted but his buddy was pretty MIA the game I found.
I was almost thinking Private would be Tier's scum buddy. I'm more sure that Micc isn't Tier's scum buddy. I need to reread Brain before I feel comfortable (since I'm more likely to die tonight) lynching anyone.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #718 (isolation #148) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:51 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 717, TierShift wrote:I put my scumbuddies at null/town usually and try to create as little WIFOM as possible around them. Brian would be my buddy in this case! But he's town! And so am I!

Still waiting for that scum read from you.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #732 (isolation #149) » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:36 pm

Post by farside22 »

Mod: on v/la till Monday.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #735 (isolation #150) » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:04 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 734, TierShift wrote:I like they way you respond to things. I guess I could be more specific.

Reread will be finished tomorrow hopefully.

I don't know why you're putting me into a side with micc. Micc is still scumreading me I think.

Anyway, do you see a me-PrI scumteam?
Have you ever played with scumfarside before?

And about the yiley wagon, I kinda drove it so eh I don't knoe how I suddenly ended up on it?
Tier: You played with me as scum what do you see here from me?
Are you scum reading me? I didn't read the spoiler.
Short answer would be nice.

I'll have a full better grip on Monday.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #740 (isolation #151) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:17 am

Post by farside22 »

Mic: have you checked my meta?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #748 (isolation #152) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:59 am

Post by farside22 »

Tier: I asked you a question prior to your questions.
In post 735, farside22 wrote:
In post 734, TierShift wrote:I like they way you respond to things. I guess I could be more specific.

Reread will be finished tomorrow hopefully.

I don't know why you're putting me into a side with micc. Micc is still scumreading me I think.

Anyway, do you see a me-PrI scumteam?
Have you ever played with scumfarside before?

And about the yiley wagon, I kinda drove it so eh I don't knoe how I suddenly ended up on it?
Tier: You played with me as scum what do you see here from me?
Are you scum reading me? I didn't read the spoiler.
Short answer would be nice.

I'll have a full better grip on Monday.
You want awnsers so do I. Stop fence sitting and going back and forth and anwnser my direct questions.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #758 (isolation #153) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:38 am

Post by farside22 »

micc wrote:Tier, Farside townread broke down with her coming out of the gates firing on day3. Doesn't feel right compared to the careful, cautious playstyle saw in day 1.
That's typically my style, especially if I think a player is scum. I'm more aggressing.
How does it not feel right when I scum read Tier for most of day 2?
Micc wrote:I guess her day3 feels rushed. Besides that, its LyLo which means its time to consider rethink the things I thought previously.
How is it rushed? I haven't voted and I even stated the following comment: here

In post 744, TierShift wrote:
In post 160, farside22 wrote: I offically believe Brain is scum this game.

This is actually quite a misrep. Farside, I want you to go back there, explain that post to me and give me your current read on brian.
How is it a misrep?

Brian stated the following:
In post 70, Brian Skies wrote: Anyhow, I don't particularly mind giving up my power to the town for optimal play. You guys decide what you want to do and I'll go with it.

When one post does not match the other thought process it seemed very at odds. I think scum want to make the town happy and do what is asked.
Town will do whatever they please.

I already said my read on Brain, that hasn't changed. Why are you asking a question I already answered day 2 and what makes you think it would change?

In post 169, absta101 wrote:
@Mit
- We could use Yiley to confirm me as town so scum has an incentive to kill me.
Hey, that's actually a good plan!

This is good and exactly what I thought.[/quote]

Why did you never say anything about it till now?

@tier: If this is true:
In post 753, TierShift wrote:Absta can you answer my questions?

@Farside:
I read you as scum, yes. It's nothing meta-wise, but I do see the same type of weak questions I saw in micro 306.
Why are you unsure here?
Tier wrote:Currently I have brian and micc as town and I'm quite confident in that. Absta is scum with either private or farside. I think it's probably farside, but then again, I haven't taken a real look at private yet.
See either I'm scum with Absta or I'm not scum at all. If you were town I could have voted you with anyone else in the game at this point for the win.
Meek is here and still no hammer from me.

Also what post do you see weak questions from (since you never pointed it out this game)
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #765 (isolation #154) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:53 pm

Post by farside22 »

@ mic: I think tier is scum. If he isn't I would be shocked. His play is no where near how he played in 206 and the all over the place play makes no sense.
I'm town reading absta the case on him is what?
Brain has been making valid points and a thoughtful approach that I see nothing scummy about.
That leaves you and pi/now meek. So......tell me how any of that thought process is scummy?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #769 (isolation #155) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:33 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 762, TierShift wrote:
In post 758, farside22 wrote:
micc wrote:Tier, Farside townread broke down with her coming out of the gates firing on day3. Doesn't feel right compared to the careful, cautious playstyle saw in day 1.
That's typically my style, especially if I think a player is scum. I'm more aggressing.
How does it not feel right when I scum read Tier for most of day 2?
Really? I'd say it's quite typical scum play to rush a lynch in LyLo. There's nothing I've seen from you today that nakes me think you are trying to figure out who could be scum, I've just seen that you 'know' it is me and then called it a day.
Please link to games you have seen scum rush to end and be agressive and i will link to games they do the exact opposite.
Also go see my games I do it as both and lets talk about you in 206 believing Kaze was scum and not thinking as a town place right. :lol:
If there was a smiley with a middle finger I would probably use it here too. Or a pot this is kettle what is your point smiley would work too.

See either I'm scum with Absta or I'm not scum at all. If you were town I could have voted you with anyone else in the game at this point for the win.
Meek is here and still no hammer from me.
I know. But then again, I think you are scum with absta.
It's pretty much the only conclusion you can have so....really not valid either way.

Time to go over the spoiler of thoughts now:
In post 724, TierShift wrote:UP TO PAGE 6 STREAM OF CONCIOUSNESS INCOMING
On phone so can't shorten quotes to only the relevant part.
Spoiler: be happy this is in a spoiler
In post 46, farside22 wrote:Tier: what were you thinking would be the best use of the global rb?
This question is kinda weak. Like questioning me, but not in a good way. Not too problematic tho.
Why is this weak? You thought the RB should be used later and I wanted to know why and how?

In post 53, farside22 wrote:
Obviously I was joking. Which you responded to knowing it was a joke. :roll:

Tier: I'm talking about your post here. What were you thinking at the time would be a good use of the global RB?
This continuous pushing is worrying tho
You didn't answer I pushed for an answer. Again why scummy or concerning at all?

Question to Tier back: In your experience does scum defend each other?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #770 (isolation #156) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:00 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 766, absta101 wrote:Basically this game is already over for scum. All that's left is convincing Brian to vote Tier. After that we vote Private and we win.
I'm thinking Micc/Tier are scum together. I have a reason for this but I'm waiting to see what MeeK says before I post this thought process.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #772 (isolation #157) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:20 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 771, My Milked Eek wrote:I'm catching up, but Mondays and Tuesdays are the worst for me. I asked the mod for a one day extension on the deadline, but he declined. I'll have a post up late tonight. If there's anything urgent you want me to address, let me know.
Mislynch lose situation people scum reads are:

abasta/far (this is Tier's thought)
or
Tier/Private (this is Brian and absta's thoughts)
Or
Tier/Micc (this is mine)

Oppinion on those people's views would be helpful
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #773 (isolation #158) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:21 am

Post by farside22 »

Also we have 4 day's I'm not worried Meek if you can't post till the end of the day. 4 days is more time then I thought.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #782 (isolation #159) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:14 am

Post by farside22 »

Micc wrote:[quote="In post 763,
In post 765, farside22 wrote: I'm town reading absta the case on him is what?
That he spent Day1 suggesting that everyone and their mom was scummy. His tone
was
still is slanderous, like scum who needs to make all their accusations as harsh as possible to make them more believable.
Day2 he didn't do a single thing that was memorable except for help get AJ lynched.
Day3 has consisted on him trolling around calling Tiershift scum and ignoring multiple questions asked of him.
He is still alive, despite being a negative utility role. Obviously scum are working to keep him alive.
Lets start from Day 1. None of what you are describing is scummy. No player but scum know alignments. I know players that treat everyone like scum till proven otherwise. How is his tone scummy? Being slanderous, again I'm that way as well so this point is invalid.
Now explain how it is scummy
Day 2: Pot kettle: What did you do all of day 2 but talk about policy lynching a player. So really hypocritcal is not in my wheel house
Day 3: What questions did he ignore? So what that he calls Tier scum. He has been calling Tier scum since day fucking 1.

In post 765, farside22 wrote: meek
If this is you trying to write my name, please take care to never screw it up that badly again. If not, I don't understand the sentence one bit.
No it is not for you, it is My Milk Eek. I like to say Meek because I find it funny and I think of Phinas and Ferb.
In post 765, farside22 wrote: That leaves you and pi/now meek. So......tell me how any of that thought process is scummy?
You decided that all over night 2 before the night-kill was even revealed?
You decided it less than 24 hours into Day 3, and after the night-kill was revealed?
I think Tier is scum since day 2. A night kill of a doc I had a town read doesn't change that.
Yes.
Now I'm asking why you find is scummy because I noticed in a game you were town there was a Mislynch Lose and a player voted for another player they thought was scummy before a discussion and that player was town. So I ask again why is someone I thought and still think is scum from day 2, scummy today?
Especially when you think that player is scummy too?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #787 (isolation #160) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:51 am

Post by farside22 »

Micc: you stated you have not meta me so how do you know what type of player I am.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #788 (isolation #161) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:59 am

Post by farside22 »

Also at micc: what would you call tiers actions of thinking on day two and day one scum reads?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #789 (isolation #162) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:04 am

Post by farside22 »

Sorry for the triple post:

Micc: who are your scum pairs and why?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #792 (isolation #163) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:46 am

Post by farside22 »

Tier:
This is not an excuse for the 'this guy is scum'-approach right out of the gate without even considering all options.
You were the only player to baulked at the rb using it once and as I stated earlier in the game the only other use of rb would be end game and trusting him.
If you don't trust the cop why trust the rb at that point?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #793 (isolation #164) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:34 am

Post by farside22 »

@ tier:

The game I'm about to quote you considered Titus scummy for the following.
In post 203, TierShift wrote:Can't sleep so here are my other reads, gonna be a ton shorter.

Generic: null/town-town by PoE
~50% of his posts are trying to discredit me and his other posts don't do much scumhunting either. His push for me felt damn stupid and scummy, but in hindsight it might have been genuine stupidness :P (sorry, I just love hating on people who think they are the best ever). His murdercock talk gave some townvibes, but I don't see too much alignment-indicative stuff.

MME/hl3: leaning scum
On hl3, I suck at reading newbies, might be newbtown or newbscum for all I care.

MME's first readslist in seems way off and going with the flow and he is very quick to repeat in that the reads are indefinite and subject to change. Not too much to go off, but certainly not liking what I've seen so far.

I feel happiest about a Titus/MME scumteam atm, Aegor is scummy, yes, but it's not very likely to see a scum Titus buddying up to a scumbuddy. What assures me in this read is the fact that everyone has called out the SD wagon to be suspicious (which it is, so towntell), except for Aegor, Titus and MME. Aegor not doing so can be explained (it's his wagon after all) and MME is excused for just getting around. Titus, however, is not.

Aegor, if you're town, please reread and realize you're being buddied by Titus. Generic, I would very much like your input here.

K that wasn't short.
In short you don't see scum buddying scum buddy. What has changed you oppinion since?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #798 (isolation #165) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:41 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 796, My Milked Eek wrote:Yeah, I'm not seeing Tierscum. Let me check farside for her reasons to accuse you.
Why.
Examples would be nice.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #804 (isolation #166) » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:15 am

Post by farside22 »

Brain: I promise to put my reasoning on the pair. I'm waiting for eek because private was so lurkish I virtually have no read on the slot and if I'm wrong I don't want to help scum make a case.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #821 (isolation #167) » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:34 pm

Post by farside22 »

Well I was worried about micc/ private team last night.
And now I kick myself for not vote private day 2 and thinking too much.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”